PDA

View Full Version : Part 1: Act 3: Scene 1



Narayan
05-02-2014, 05:18 AM
Inside the Cellar of the Drunken Fool____________________

After Olo lights his lantern, you recognize everything within this cellar is just as you left it several hours ago (feels like days now). Smaller then Wrusks with a low ceiling, it is cramped with old junk. It contains nothing much of real value besides some old rugs and tapestries and a well used spinning-wheel. There is only the single stairwell leading up into the taverns storage room above.

Arminas: Sits Palenrian down somewhere he can be comfortable and gives him another potion. (Heals 11 Damage)

Sher' Reek: Looks quite nervous at first, shielding her eyes from the bright lantern, glancing around and sniffing at the air. However, after a few moments she seems to focus on helping Crdechzkragar, kneeling beside him where Xialong had placed him. She pours the healing potion Sauel gave her down his throat... (Heals 12 Damage)

[Everyone: What do you do?]

Zemile
05-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon pays the serving girl the six silver without pause, happy to see the jug is still sealed. When the older woman shows up he sets the jug down to offer her his full attention. "Now that you mention it, no, I have not had Baiju before." He motions to the seat across from him at his table. "I doubt it is strong by Dwarven standards, I'm sure I would do just fine but I would be happy to share it with you. Especially if you can shed some light on whatever it is that's going on outside."

Narayan
05-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Caishian Woman: Slides into an opposite chair and stretches, cracking her neck. She definitely appears very flexible, athletic, and likely much stronger then she looks. You'd guess her age to be early 30's. "Well, obviously the Vulkyrie have another bone to pick with someone today..." {Snorts, glancing at the chaos outside} "Last night was so bad, what with the dragon and all, it was anyone's guess what today would bring." {Frowns} "Spend enough time in this cursed place and you learn to expect things to only get worse."

She waits for you to cut away the wax and uncork the jug and realizes the serving girl forgot to bring cups.

Caishian Woman: "Dumb girl forgot to bring cups!" She mutters irritably and twists in her chair to shout. -Speaking Caishian- "Bǎ bēi!" The serving girl returns, red-faced, with two cups. The Caishian woman scolds her for a moment, then looks back to you and slides you a cup.

Caishian Woman: "Please pardon her... they're all terrified and likely didn't sleep much last night."

[Translation: -Caishian- "Bǎ bēi!" = "Bring Cups!"]

rtcvb32
05-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Sauel aware of his current hybrid form and not wanting to cause any panic for anyone outside of the cellar wills and lets himself shift rather quietly back into human form. Once shifted he takes a few moments to gather himself, although currently with the lack of sleep it is beginning to get harder and harder to form complex thoughts. Leaning his back against one of the walls he slips the dust of dispersion back into his pouch before touching his hand to his temple as he gets re-oriented above the surface, and the other hand touches and strokes Rabi on the head. "Good to see you too Rabi, I've missed you."

Sauel is rather glad to see Sher' Reek giving Cred the potion he offered her. It was curious to see the strength of her devotion, although sauel was more curious if that was from one's natural tendencies to cling to what you know, and Cred being the only kobold there among strangers, or if she whole heartedly devoted herself to Cred and Urseroth's cause.

Still a reminder the endeavor didn't go without cost, Emiko's companion had fallen (whom before that he had not really met). It might have been possible to infect him as he died, but the real question if he was successful, would he have wanted it? Well that choice was gone now, if they went for resurrection or for simply returning his body to his family would have to be seen.

It felt like a lifetime ago, and yet not. Sauel frowned as he rubbed his temple trying to thing. It felt like he was missing something, like he was suppose to do something or remember something when they returned. It was probably nothing. "I don't know about you Rabi, but I'm tired. Maybe later we can get some stew from the nice lady..."

Zemile
05-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon doesn't appear to be surprised by either the lack of cups, or their ordering. He had been planning to drink alone after all, and the cups here are likely to be filthy as the name suggests. He busies himself with removing the wax and uncorking the jug while she orders the cups. This may be his first jug of Baiju, but wax and cork seals only come in so many styles and this is hardly his first. "I had surmised much of that, but it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who isn't entirely certain what to expect. I hate to drink with strangers, my name is Kromedon Broadbeard." having finished uncorking the jug, he holds out a hand in greeting to go with his name.

Daydreaming
05-03-2014, 03:35 AM
{Emiko looks bewildered at Ghost's words and actions before he leaves. She takes a moment to adjust herself, and climbs through the portal with the others. She picks up Kitsune, drags her pack with her to one of the side walls, and sits on the floor up against the wall with Kit in her lap. She stares off at the ground as if there is something going on that the others can't see.}

~(The feeling of Ghost in a cold mist form upon her skin brings back memories. Memories of Emiko waking to find her village turned to ashes by her own uncontrolled powers fills her head. She remembers the smell and the smoke swirling up from the cold snow, and the cold mist from the wind.) If he only knew how much of a ghost I am... Yes Kit.... We are safe for now... Soon we can rest I hope...~

{Kitsune reaches up to lick Emiko's face, and snap her out of her thoughts. Emiko snaps out of it, and turns her attention to watching the others in silence. She waits to hear what the next course of action will be.}

Hillsy
05-04-2014, 05:36 AM
The Hounds fall on him, a writhing mass of fur, teeth and rage. But this isn't the first time Burrai has been outnumbered. Staying low behind his shield, he allows the sights, sounds and flow of the battle to bleed into his subconscious, letting his instincts guide him as much as anything. The hounds gnash and snarl, but their teeth are no match for his heavy plates, and he has no plans to let them bite anything else.

There's the snap of a bowstring and Burrai whips round on instinct, the visible parts of his face covered. He feels the arrow clip the edge of his shield and ricochet harmlessly upwards off his pauldron. There's a flicker of light, a heavy scent in the air like the first drops of dew in spring gathering on a pile of fresh honeyblossom - a sweet, clean smell - and the Hobgoblin cries out in agony. Elloral! With her experience, he shouldn't be surprised by her ability to smite evil. All he needed to do was draw the battle around him, give her the space to......



Elloral screams as the Hound clamps its jaws over her outstretched hand, growling savagely and refusing to release it's hold! He spins around, smoothly sidestepping another flurry of claws and teeth. One of the beast is half leaning through the window, Perched up on it's hind legs to seize Ellroal's hand. ~Damn that hound. I swear I counted four around me.~ Burrai moves backwards, using his shield to forge a short path and make room for the wide, sweeping blow from his axe.

~If I can move that hound from the window, I can make a stand there, giving Elloral the space and cover she needs. If they want to get to her, they'll have to go through me~

....And no one had made it through Burrai Steelborn yet!


[Burrai Attack roll Vs Hound 4: 22 = HIT][Location: 17 = Throat (+1 Bleeding Damage per round][Damage: 8]

Glimmering in the moonlight, a crescent of silver, Burrai's axe arcs around and takes the hound above the shoulders. Blood sprays across the wall, a darker pattern dashed across darker wood to his monochrome sight. The lip of the axe snags around the hound's throat. It yelps in pain, releases it's grip.

"Down Boy!" Burrai snarls and, one foot planted against the wall, rips the beast from the window sill, casting it into its pack members. His back thuds against the wall, and he positions his shield between Elloral and the battle. "Focus on that Hobgoblin. I'll hold off these mutts!"

voidoblivion
05-04-2014, 05:39 PM
As the healing potion takes effect and his wounds begin to mend, He props himself up and looks around the room. Seeing they are again back in the cellar, glancing around to make sure everyone made it back. Noting that all was well finally he lays back down and closes his eyes ready for some much needed sleep and communion with Userwroth.

Shun001
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Xiaolong rests sitting on the cellar floor looking at his companions.

"best rest, recover strength get the food in body." he states

He then looks to Purusartha and Olo

"Where we be safe rest? Should wait here or move somewhere else" he inquires wondering of the security of the current location

"Also Master of Northern Dog (Purusartha) any food or the drink? can't strait thinking with pain in the head I have" He smiles and begins knocking his fist against the side of his head trying to make the situation more lighthearted.

"Maybe while we eat we can get know each other more" he states scanning the group "Best know new friend yes?"

Narayan
05-06-2014, 01:20 PM
"best rest, recover strength get the food in body." he states

He then looks to Purusartha and Olo

"Where we be safe rest? Should wait here or move somewhere else" he inquires wondering of the security of the current location

"Also Master of Northern Dog (Purusartha) any food or the drink? can't strait thinking with pain in the head I have" He smiles and begins knocking his fist against the side of his head trying to make the situation more lighthearted.

"Maybe while we eat we can get know each other more" he states scanning the group "Best know new friend yes?"

Olo: Looks to Xiaolong."Would that I could Xiaolong. I am sure I would be fascinated to speak more with a Werebull like yourself, but this is not the time or place for that. That bartender upstairs will likely get nervous the moment the city watch show themselves. The Vulkyrie have no doubt raised the alarm city-wide by now. The streets will not be safe for anyone. And I must return to my men so we can get back to our posts before we are caught moonlighting."

Purusartha: "You've done more then enough already Olo. We are close to our safehouse, but still too far to be certain we can make it unseen. I will send a message to Thiara asking her for help. "

Olo: "Very well, but do it quickly."

Purusartha: Removes the Sending Stone Thiara gave him and closes his eyes to concentrate on sending a telepathic message to her. A few minutes pass... and then he opens his eyes again. "She says she will be sending help shortly. She says whatever happens, remain calm and take no aggressive action, despite what our instincts warn us."

Olo: "I trust her so I suggest you do the same. Meanwhile, let me go upstairs and give the barkeep the rest of his promised gems... that should keep him happy a little longer as all hell breaks loose above us. One of you may wish to come upstairs also and keep an eye on him and whatever's going on, as a lookout for the rest of you. Who shall it be?"

rtcvb32
05-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Sauel didn't feel like a good choice again for a lookout, mostly because he was tired, unarmed, and knowing less of the bustling city life compared to pack life there could be plenty of things he should be looking for that he would otherwise miss. And Rabi likely was too excited by his return that he wouldn't want to be left alone for a while, so having a wolf might make people nervous. But in reality those could just be considered excuses.

"If no one else wishes to, I can..." He tried not to let the reluctance show in his voice, but being tired as much as he was it was apparent he wasn't looking forward to it. The kobolds might cause a stir so they were unlikely. Emiko might work, but she seemed distracted quite often and cursed in another language, she confused him for now. Yorick still had anger issues and was recently freed from slavery so he probably was more in the dark then Sauel. Xaiolong... he wasn't sure about.

Then there was the Elf and Purusartha who both seemed like the best choices. He trusted Purusartha more than the elf who he just met. Sauel would just have to see if anyone wanted the job more than him.

Narayan
05-07-2014, 12:13 AM
__________________________________________________ ________

<Start of Round 2>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


The order of initiative is:

(21) Fiendish Hound 1
(21) Fiendish Hound 3 (-8)(-8)(-1*)
(20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
(18) Elloral (-7)
(18) Celestial Lion (-4)
(14) Fiendish Hound 2
(06) Fiendish Hound 4 (-8)(-1*)
(04) Burrai
__________________________________________________ ________

Fiendish Hound 1: (Bite Attack at Burrai: = 8, Miss)
Fiendish Hound 3: (Bite Attack at Burrai: = 15, Miss)

The hounds begin to advance again, snarling and snapping, seeking weaknesses in your armor and failing.

HobGoblin: (Fires Arrow at Burrai: = 9, Possible Fumble!)(Fumble Check: = 26, Not a Fumble)

Elloral: Curses angrily as blood drips from her wounded hand. [This will require her to make a DC15 Concentration check to successfully cast a spell] Attempts to cast Summon Monster IV. (Concentration check, DC 15: = 15, Success)

Suddenly, a glowing Celestial Lion appears beside Burrai and lets out a mighty Roar leaping into combat with Fiendish Hound 3.

Celestial Lion:

(Attacks Fiendish Hound 3 with first claw attack: = 12, Miss)
(Attacks Fiendish Hound 3 with second Claw Attack: = 18, Hit)(Location: Ribs)(Damage: =8)
(Attacks Fiendish Hound 3 with Bite Attack: = 17, Hit)(Location: Throat)(Damage: = 8)


Fiendish Hound 2: (Bite Attack at Celestial Lion: = 22, Hit)(Location: Right Foreleg)(Damage: = 9, -5 DR)

Fiendish Hound 4: (Bite Attack at Celestial Lion: = 11, Miss)

[Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Hillsy
05-07-2014, 01:17 PM
The coppery smell of blood. The light breeze wheezing through his armour. The musky stench of the fiendish hounds. The yaps and snarls swirling around him - Burrai loses himself to the battle, focusing on little, reacting to every message from his senses however small, but fighting the exhilaration of the adrenaline in his veins. With his back protected, Burrai easily interposes his shield in the way of the next assault. Metal squalls as the lip of his shield is gnawed and raked by tooth and claw, sending vibrations up his thick arm as he holds two of the hounds at bay. The dull thud as an arrow sinks into the wood well above his head.

From the corner of his eye he sees a thick mist suddenly condense, like smoke spilling from an invisible fire. Except within flicker tiny motes of bright light instead of the black flecks of ash, almost like tiny stars drawn down from heaven.

"What the - " Burrai manages before in unison the the motes swell and burst, the mist catching fire, not with flame, but with the cleanest, purest light. He blinks, and next to him stands a lion. Opaque, glowing and with tides of light ebbing through it, it opens its mouth to the skies and roars, the bestial noise shot through with an angelic choir straining for a perfect note. Its beautiful; the sound reaches through him, bringing tears to his eyes and joy to his heart. He feels lighter, stronger.....

.....and the roar ends as the Celestial Lion falls upon the pack of hounds. Two heavy swipes from its paws, one dashing blood into the air, before the lion sinks its teeth into throat of the hound pinned against his shield. He doesn't even feel the blows, but the hound bleeds anyway. Burrai glances over his shoulder and Elloral, bleeding hand slightly extended through the window, mutters soft words, eyes closed in concentration.

~A few spells that might help, huh? I never had her as one for understatement~

Openings like this were few and far between in battles like this, and Burrai isn't about to let it slip. With a grunt he levers the remaining hound scrabbling against his shield away, freeing his axe arm. The hound he had already dropped is writhing to it's feet, snapping and clawing at the lion's foreleg, trying to emulate the beast who'd sunk it's teeth into the lion's other one. Burrai raises his axe high overhead and brings its slicing downwards like a blade of silvery moonlight......

[Activate Combat Expertise: -2 to hit, +2 to AC (now 23)]
[Attack Roll vs Fiendish Hound 4 (+6): 25 = Hit][Location Roll: 3 = Right Arm][Damage Roll (1d10+5): 14]

........and buries it deep into the hound's legs, opening a rent in the fur. Blood pools in the dirt, thick and black to his darkvision like night itself was seeping out of the earth.

Shun001
05-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Sauel didn't feel like a good choice again for a lookout, mostly because he was tired, unarmed, and knowing less of the bustling city life compared to pack life there could be plenty of things he should be looking for that he would otherwise miss. And Rabi likely was too excited by his return that he wouldn't want to be left alone for a while, so having a wolf might make people nervous. But in reality those could just be considered excuses.

"If no one else wishes to, I can..." He tried not to let the reluctance show in his voice, but being tired as much as he was it was apparent he wasn't looking forward to it. The kobolds might cause a stir so they were unlikely. Emiko might work, but she seemed distracted quite often and cursed in another language, she confused him for now. Yorick still had anger issues and was recently freed from slavery so he probably was more in the dark then Sauel. Xaiolong... he wasn't sure about.

Then there was the Elf and Purusartha who both seemed like the best choices. He trusted Purusartha more than the elf who he just met. Sauel would just have to see if anyone wanted the job more than him.

Xiaolong looked to Sauel...

"look the out need? I fit job very good..."

He looked to Purusartha and Olo

"I can go out keep the watch, see help come... Hear danger come sooner"

He then gestures to his old wrinkled ears

"vison not so good more this one, but the ear still sharp like young."

He smiled as he walked up to Purusartha...

"one thing needed if I must go be look the out, any have coin for drink... need to appear drunk to put them off the guard yes?"

Narayan
05-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Purusartha: Reaches into his clothes to hand Xiaolong a small coin purse. (Contains 12 silver and 16 copper) "Very well Xiaolong, I'd do it myself but it may be better for you to serve as a lookout since you aren't as well known as I am. Don't go outside though, there'll be guards everywhere on the streets since the alarm's been sounded. You don't want to get hassled. Just go sit at the bar upstairs. If guards come in looking like they're out to arrest or question anyone, accidentally break a bottle on the floor. That'll alert us to the danger. If need be, we'll try and make a run for it out the back door to Wrusks."

Olo: Nods. "Xiaolong, your clothes are a bit tattered now since they ripped when Jiao appeared, but the ruse we were using down below should still work. Pretend to be a slaver, come to Masaeus to trade but lost your stock to the chaos in the streets last night. It'd be easy to imagine why you'd be in a mood for drinking looking like you were just attacked and lost everything." The halfling says leading the way up the stairwell into the storage room above, leaving the lantern behind to provide the rest of you with light.

[Everyone: What do you do?]

Narayan
05-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon doesn't appear to be surprised by either the lack of cups, or their ordering. He had been planning to drink alone after all, and the cups here are likely to be filthy as the name suggests. He busies himself with removing the wax and uncorking the jug while she orders the cups. This may be his first jug of Baiju, but wax and cork seals only come in so many styles and this is hardly his first. "I had surmised much of that, but it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who isn't entirely certain what to expect. I hate to drink with strangers, my name is Kromedon Broadbeard." having finished uncorking the jug, he holds out a hand in greeting to go with his name.

Caishian Woman: Accepts your hand and grips it with surprising strength. Her skin is rougher then you might expect with hard knuckles and thick callouses. "I am Zhānrén Shānchéng (https://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/zh-CN/Zh%C4%81nr%C3%A9n%20Sh%C4%81nch%C3%A9ng) (< click on name to hear it pronounced) pleased to meet you." She says waiting for you to fill the cups. "Shall we make a toast?" She asks with a hint of a grin. "Might as well enjoy ourselves while we're stuck here." She chuckles.

Zemile
05-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon fills both cups to the three quarters mark, no sense filling to the brim and risking spilling some when you've got the whole bottle to work with. "It's a pleasure to meet you Zhānrén Shānchéng , I haven't met many people in this city and each one is wildly different from the last." he butchers her name with his thick dwarven accent, but clearly didn't mean to be rude by doing so. He slides one cup toward her, though his short arms don't quite cover half the table so she'll have to make up the rest. "I propose a toast to the winds of fate. May the keep our lives interesting for many years."

Narayan
05-13-2014, 02:33 PM
__________________________________________________ ________

<Start of Round 4>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


The order of initiative is:

(21) Fiendish Hound 1
(X) Fiendish Hound 3 (-8)(-8)(-1*)(-1*)(-12)(Incapacitated)
(20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
(18) Elloral (-7)(-9)(!)
(18) Celestial Lion (-4)(-1)
(14) Fiendish Hound 2
(X) Fiendish Hound 4 (-8)(-1*)(-14)(-1*)(Incapacitated)
(04) Burrai
__________________________________________________ ________


(Attack Roll vs Fiendish Hound 4 (+6): 25 = Hit][Location Roll: 3 = Right Arm][Damage Roll (1d10+5): 14)

........and buries it deep into the hound's legs, opening a rent in the fur. Blood pools in the dirt, thick and black to his darkvision like night itself was seeping out of the earth.

The hound collapses to the ground, near death and unconscious!

Fiendish Hound 1: (Bite Attack at Burrai: = 24, Hit)(Location: Ribs)(Damage: = 9)

A hound see's an opening in Burrai's armor fastened around his ribs and lunges. His fangs tear through the leather straps and sink into his flesh!

Fiendish Hound 3: (Opposed Grapple Check to escape Celestial Lions clamped jaws: = 15, Fail)

Celestial Lion: (Opposed Grapple Check to maintain clamped jaws on Fiendish Hound 3: = 30, Win)

HobGoblin: (Fires Arrow at Elloral, -4 from cover: = 15, Hit)(Location: Chest)(Damage: = 9)

The Hobgoblin fires another arrow at Elloral, with some difficulty as she is still behind the cover of the small window, but his aim is true. The shaft pierces her armor above her left breast, causing her to cry out in terrible pain. What's worse, she feel's the effects of a terrible poison immediately afterwards!

Elloral: (Fortitude Save vs. Poison, DC 22: = 12, Fail) Suddenly Elloral starts shouting. "BURRAI! I'M HIT! I'VE BEEN POISONED I'VE GONE BLIND!" (Steps away from the window and holds action)

Celestial Lion: (Deals auto damage with Bite Attack)(Location: Throat)(Damage: = 12)

Meanwhile, the Celestial Lion deals automatic damage to Fiendish Hound 3 with his bite attack, crushing its throat! The hound goes limp, and the Lion drops it to the ground in a bloody mess. It now has to contend with Fiendish Hound 2 biting it's right foreleg!

Fiendish Hound 2: (Deals auto damage with bite attack)(Location: Right Foreleg)(Damage: = 6 -5 DR)

Fiendish Hound 2 continues to bite at the lions foreleg, but cannot deal significant damage to overcome most of the celestial lions damage reduction.

[Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Narayan
05-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon fills both cups to the three quarters mark, no sense filling to the brim and risking spilling some when you've got the whole bottle to work with. "It's a pleasure to meet you Zhānrén Shānchéng , I haven't met many people in this city and each one is wildly different from the last." he butchers her name with his thick dwarven accent, but clearly didn't mean to be rude by doing so. He slides one cup toward her, though his short arms don't quite cover half the table so she'll have to make up the rest. "I propose a toast to the winds of fate. May they keep our lives interesting for many years."

Zhānrén: "May they indeed!" She smiles raising her cup before you both drink.

[Baiju is a clear drink fermented from grains, most similar to Vodka in strength and mouth-feel. It is 120 proof and tastes of strong alcoholic undertones. Not the best-tasting drink by any means, but certainly potent.]

Zhānrén: appears to take deep swallows of the Baiju without complaint or grimace. She's clearly familiar with it. "Not what you're used too Dwarf?" She asks watching your reaction closely with some amusement. "In Caishia, Baiju is kept in everyone's home. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Caishian's typically drink as much as your race does? It is a cultural pastime for us to share strong drink with friends and relatives, but in truth a great many indulge in the habit regardless of occasion. My mother was one such drunk!" She smirks.

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

Daydreaming
05-13-2014, 06:11 PM
{Emiko sits silently up against the wall, still waiting to see what comes next. She begins to trail off into memories once again due to lack of sleep.}

~(Memories of her life before the accident flood her mind.) How can you watch while he beats me, Mother? I should of burned him to death then, and made her watch... "No, please don't say things like that..." What?!~

{Emiko looks down in surprise at Kitsune as she whimpers at her. She feels something strange come over her.}

~(Memories from Kitsune's life before Emiko begin to flood Emiko's mind now. Visions of hunting in the snow fade into memories of Emiko caring for Kitsune as if she were her child. Feelings of warmth and love fill Emiko's mind.) "You see, it is not all bad things..." Kitsune speaks to her. (More memories of Kitsune chittering and making noises at Emiko come back and Emiko starts to understand Kit's 'language' in this new enlightenment she is beginning to feel.)~

Emiko finally speaks, making strange quiet chattering fox-like sounds at Kit. -Speaking Familiar's Language- "Why could I not understand you before?"

Kitsune hops back out of Emiko's lap in a sort of happy playful stance, and chatters back in response to Emiko. -Speaking Familiar's Language- "You are stronger now. I am so happy you can understand me better! Maybe this means you will listen to my advice more?" Kitsune tilts her head at Emiko in a questioning manner.

Emiko smirks slightly, still too stressed and mournful to laugh. -Speaking Familiar's Language- "Maybe... Come sit with me. We need to conserve our energy, just in case..."

{Kitsune climbs back into Emiko's lap to sit and rest, while they wait to see how they're going to make it back to Wrusk's Tannery.}

(Emiko has reached level 5, so she has the ability "speak with master" now between her familiar and herself. They can speak a secret language to each other now that can only be understood by others by magical means. When they speak to each other you will hear it sounding something similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tThIC42xQ )

Zemile
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon, like all dwarves, is accustomed to liquor. 120 Proof is strong by any measure, but it is not any stronger than the usual strong dwarven drink. The taste of alcohol is not what causes Kromedon's nose to flinch ever so slightly, nor is it the strength of the drink. Kromedon is accustomed to alcohols of similar strength that actually taste good. Intellectually he is not surprised at the relative quality, but his mouth and nose still take that half a moment to adjust which Zhānrén picked up on.


"I think I believe you that your people drink as mine do. This feels similar to some familiar brews back home. The taste is unfamiliar, though I imagine I will acquire a taste for it before the end." he shakes the jug to emphasize that he means the end of the jug, not the evening. "How long do you think it might be until the streets are relatively safe to travel once more?" He is relaxing into this new taste, taking his time with the cup he has, not particularly concerned with keeping up.

Narayan
05-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Zhānrén: Shrugs. "That depends. Rumor has it a Vulkyrie was killed last night before the dragon appeared. It's been a long while since anyone's risked attacking a Vulkyrie, much less killed one. Locals here usually don't dare picking a fight with them."

"As a result of that I'm not surprised the Vulkyrie are acting so bloodthirsty. Those creatures don't think of humans as much more than sheep. They'll kill a thousand of us to avenge one of their own without blinking an eye."

"There's no way of knowing how long this frenzy will last... I can't honestly remember the last time it got this bad. They say a whole group of local mercenaries, 'The Sons of Ishvar', were roasted alive by the Dragon last night."

"A massacre like that is going to really stir up trouble. A lot of the locals are very devout towards Ishvar, their traditional and ancient deity. 'The Sons of Ishvar' aren't clerics per-se, but they are certainly believers who live by his tenants and seek to do good for his faithful."

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

Zemile
05-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Kromedon Broadbeard:
Kromedon continues to drink the Baiju slowly, he's in no rush to get drunk, there's still some thinking left in the day. "I guess that explains their behavior, not that it necessarily excuses it. The city must still need to operate, there must be people who can travel from one side to the other, mustn’t there? Deliveries, servants, waste management etc. I just need to get to the other side of the city, how long do you think it will be until that becomes feasible, assuming some moderate risk is acceptable?"

Shun001
05-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Xiaolong looked back on his comrades and gave a nod as he headed towards the doorway to the bar. Shuffling his way up the stairs from the cellar to the storeroom, the commotion above him masked his passage from the storeroom to the main floor. He looked up past a couple bodies to locate the bar, at this point the seats were filled, he also noticed how the windows were chalked full of individuals curious or generally afraid of the events occurring outside.

Outside screams were muffled by the fearful mumbling and angry dialogue inside the bar. Xiaolong skillfully slides past moving bodies and stuffs himself between the end of the bar and an occupied bar stool as he tries to wave down the busy bar tender. The bar tender takes his time as Xiaolong isn't the largest or strongest presence in the room.

Xiaolong keeps his ears open though picking up what he can of local conversations and keeping attentive for the sounds of authoritative shouts attempting to squelch the madness.

Hillsy
05-15-2014, 02:08 PM
A hound see's an opening in Burrai's armor fastened around his ribs and lunges. His fangs tear through the leather straps and sink into his flesh!

The heavy blade of Burrai's axe sinks deep into the earth, cleaving straight through the hounds shoulder. There's a soft yelp, like a child's single mewl of fear, and the hound falls still in a dark puddle. The sheer presence of the lion, towering over him and glimmering in the night like some mage's illusion, make the battle feel crowded. Chaotic. Burrai turns to shift away - constant movement on the field was a prerequisite of survival - but the earth clings to his axe like hot pitch.

A flash of fur and Burrai barely has time to realise his stuck axe has dragged a portion of his body out from behind his shield before the hound hits him. The squeal of claws again, but this time not teeth. There's no armour to stop them. Pain lances through his ribs, a quick hot burst, and then the sensention of weight. He grunts but stays on his feet, trying to peel away from the hound, to bring his shield to.....

The air by nearby suddenly hisses like a snake. He actually feels the arrow as it passes by him, then the soft thud as it strikes home.

"BURRAI! I'M HIT! I'VE BEEN POISONED I'VE GONE BLIND!"


Elloral's shout is immediately drowned out by the bestial roars around him. Burrai twists again, trying to make room. The dance of the battle tickles on his subconscious. "GET BEHIND COVER ELLORAL!" He roars. "TWO OF THEM ARE DOWN. JUST MAINTAIN THAT SUMMONING SPELL AND LEAVE THE REST TO US!"

The hound scrabbling for better purchase on his side reeks of unwashed beast and rank meat. It tries to climb him, hoping for a chance at his throat, but Burrai finally gets his shield arm in the right place and holds it off. On it's hind legs, the hound is nearly as tall as him, though not as heavy. Or as armoured.
[Activate Combat Expertise: +2 AC, -2 to hit (AC now 23)]

A grim smirk forms on Burrai's face, little more than a twist of the lips and a baring of his teeth. ~Everyone always forgets you can't only attack around, or over a shield~ he thinks as his axe sweeps low to the ground, beheading blades of grass as it arcs unseen from below.

[Burrai Attack roll Vs Hound 1: natural 20 (26 overall) = CRITICAL THREAT]
[Critical Threat Roll: 18 = CONFIRMED]
[Location: 14 = Chest (Critical effect: -2 CON, +3 DMG)]
[Critical Damage (x3): 12+15+7=34]
[Total Damage: 37


The blade rips upwards, just the faintest tug of resistance as the swing finishes high over his head. Blood bursts into the air, slaps wetly on the ground. Burrai feels the pressure on his shield lessen and he steps aside.

For a moment the hound stays balanced on its hound legs, as though frozen by some wizard spell. Then it's falls apart, cloven from tail to snout, one half flopping to either side.

"3 down!"

Narayan
05-18-2014, 01:25 AM
looked back on his comrades and gave a nod as he headed towards the doorway to the bar. Shuffling his way up the stairs from the cellar to the storeroom, the commotion above him masked his passage from the storeroom to the main floor. He looked up past a couple bodies to locate the bar, at this point the seats were filled, he also noticed how the windows were chalked full of individuals curious or generally afraid of the events occurring outside.

Outside screams were muffled by the fearful mumbling and angry dialogue inside the bar. Xiaolong skillfully slides past moving bodies and stuffs himself between the end of the bar and an occupied bar stool as he tries to wave down the busy bar tender. The bar tender takes his time as Xiaolong isn't the largest or strongest presence in the room.

Xiaolong keeps his ears open though picking up what he can of local conversations and keeping attentive for the sounds of authoritative shouts attempting to squelch the madness.

The bartender does notice the pair of you enter from the back of the tavern, but he doesn't stare or attempt to draw attention to you. The rest of the patrons are indeed preoccupied and terrified by the alarm being raised out in the streets so they aren't distraught about you either. So long as you aren't a Vulkyrie for the time being at least.

Olo stands by the edge of the bar until the bartender steps over to have a word with him. You can't hear them speak but you can guess that Olo is informing him that you and the others will be leaving soon. You glimpse Olo's quick hands slip something into the bartenders apron... probably those other gems he was promised. Then Olo turns to make his way back to the Cellar.

Meanwhile, from out of the crowd a familiar faces appears and stands beside you at the bar. It's Ziya, the akhenaten mercenary who was badly burned by the dragon before you went below ground. There is still evidence of the terrible wounds on his face and neck but the damage has been healed to the point that he will live. He also appears to be exhausted.. he must have sat here all night.

Ziya: -Speaking Common- "Hello again my friend. I've been waiting for you and the others to return. I trust it is alright for us to speak?" He asks in a low voice that is quite raspy and hoarse from the burns.

Narayan
05-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Meanwhile down in the cellar....

The Werewolves________________________________________ ______________________________

Purusartha: Speaks to Sauel and Yorick. "We should discuss what our plans are for the full moon tonight. You remember I suggested we should speak with the other werewolves and discuss what's happened. We've effectively declared war now against the Vulkyrie. We must convince other werewolves to join our cause if we have any chance of presenting a real challenge against them."

Yorick: Frowns."Honestly I am nervous to meet more werewolves. I have never known their ways as you do, and I am certainly not as experienced controlling my... beast... as you call it. I would likely only put you both in danger." He says soberly.

Purusartha: Puts a hand on the big Ahurans shoulder. "You are one of us Yorick, part or our 'pack'. Where we go you should also go. Besides, you've proven yourself a capable warrior with great potential! I'd prefer you with us just in case things get ugly. I think Sauel would agree with me? So what if you step on a few toes and raise a few growls?! Let them challenge you if they dare! I'd bet on a former gladiator like you any day against another werewolf that normally lives as a farmer or a hunter!"

[Sauel: What do you do?]

The Acameans __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Arminas and Palenrian start to speak in hushed tones after Olo departs the cellar...

[Emiko, Kitsune, Sher' Reek & Credechzkragar: You are close enough to possibly overhear the Acameans speak. Attempt a DC 15 Listen check.]

Sher' Reek: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 24, Critical Success)

rtcvb32
05-19-2014, 12:46 AM
"I think I'd prefer to sleep all of tomorrow and tomorrow night away, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. It's not a meeting I should miss out on."

The last twenty four hours or so had felt like it lasted a few weeks, things constantly busy and changing and working. City life it seemed was a little more than he was prepared for, but like it or not he was here. "Don't worry Yorick, accidentally shifting happens all the time during the full moon, as long as you don't go out of your way to pick fights then anything that happens will probably be overlooked. As Purusartha says, most of them are farmers, carpenters, potters, bakers, and any other manner of civilians; They will probably recognize a seasoned warrior; I'll bet without trying you'll be giving off your aura like when we first met and everyone will steer twenty feet away from you like scared puppies; You'll stick out like a sore thumb". Sauel hoped he was being reassuring.

Thinking about the first meeting reminded him... "While we're talking about it, the two of us (as visiting outsiders) should probably bring some gifts. A fresh kill can be offered but it's best if you get it from outside their territory. I don't think we want to lug a deer a few Miles; Meat from a Butcher is probably is okay. Jewelry and magical items are acceptable too, long as they are tasteful. Any recommendations Purusartha?"

Shun001
05-19-2014, 03:50 AM
The bartender does notice the pair of you enter from the back of the tavern, but he doesn't stare or attempt to draw attention to you. The rest of the patrons are indeed preoccupied and terrified by the alarm being raised out in the streets so they aren't distraught about you either. So long as you aren't a Vulkyrie for the time being at least.

Olo stands by the edge of the bar until the bartender steps over to have a word with him. You can't hear them speak but you can guess that Olo is informing him that you and the others will be leaving soon. You glimpse Olo's quick hands slip something into the bartenders apron... probably those other gems he was promised. Then Olo turns to make his way back to the Cellar.

Meanwhile, from out of the crowd a familiar faces appears and stands beside you at the bar. It's Ziya, the akhenaten mercenary who was badly burned by the dragon before you went below ground. There is still evidence of the terrible wounds on his face and neck but the damage has been healed to the point that he will live. He also appears to be exhausted.. he must have sat here all night.

Ziya: -Speaking Common- "Hello again my friend. I've been waiting for you and the others to return. I trust it is alright for us to speak?" He asks in a low voice that is quite raspy and hoarse from the burns.

Xiaolong looked over in amazement as Ziya approached him, he places a large grin across his face.

"Hiya! feel like many year since see friend!" Xiaolong places his hands on Ziya's unburned shoulder and gives him a friendly shake "You look the tired, no sleep?"

Xiaolong felt concerned for his companion who above all needed to rest his wounds, at this point the bartender turns his attention to Xiaolong not saying a word but giving the universal look of 'I can assist you'

"Bartender, we take the house ale over here!" Xiaolong places his handful of coins Purusartha gave him on the bar as payment and tip.

"Bless be the Ishvar, he take the care you, maybe watch the me too. We deal the blow very strong to the evil one." he lets out a serious look on his face. "Hopefully Kitesvara can forgive this old one for want the revenge but, they not people in my eye. Nothing more then the animal those one."

While caught up in this more pleasant dialogue Xiaolong would periodically pause and listen to the crowd for any forewarning of immediate danger. If anything would threaten the group or Ziya, Xiaolong knew the resolve he would need to stand up to them.

voidoblivion
05-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Cred does not hear any of them speaking, because he is taking a well deserved nap, as he waits for the moment when they need to get moving again. Until such time he is winding down and allowing his mind the chance it needs to get a quick get nap so he can be alert later.

Narayan
05-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Kromedon continues to drink the Baiju slowly, he's in no rush to get drunk, there's still some thinking left in the day. "I guess that explains their behavior, not that it necessarily excuses it. The city must still need to operate, there must be people who can travel from one side to the other, mustn’t there? Deliveries, servants, waste management etc. I just need to get to the other side of the city, how long do you think it will be until that becomes feasible, assuming some moderate risk is acceptable?"

Zhānrén: {Chuckles} "It is true what you say. Whomever serves Baron Zomok, the ruler of this city, has the right to go about their business despite an alarm raised by the Vulkyrie. But those people wouldn't be likely to risk their neck helping you for a few extra coin. Betraying the Baron is just as damning as breaking the laws of Vulkh."

"...However..." She adds with a conspiritorial smirk "There are ways around the city beneath the streets. The dwarves who built Masaeus also did a marvelous job with the sewers. It's tunnels are as straight and sturdy as anything they built above ground. There is even an elaborate system of valves and gates used to periodically flush them out with river water to cleans them of waste and vermin."

"Smugglers have been using the sewers for centuries to stay out of sight from the Vulkyrie. I've used them myself once or twice, but on most days it is actually safer to keep to the streets because the sewers are full of wererats! That is to be expected of course, considering how the sewers are just between us and the domain of King Kyser, lord of the undercity."

"Unfortunately, King Kyser doesn't care so much what happens in the sewers. He only bothers to protect visitors to the undercity who come through the main gates down into the mines. Thus, the sewers may well be the most lawless place in Masaeus. Enter at your own risk!"

"Of course if it's that important to you, I might be persuaded to introduce you to a smuggler I know that could get you across the city that way. It won't be cheap though, the wererats charge a hefty toll for the privilege, and there's no guarantee they won't rob and murder you regardless of how much you give them." {Chuckles}

Zemile
05-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon does not answer right away, leaning back against the wall and stroking his long beard, clearly considering his options. "I've seen how dangerous it is up here, I can't imagine the were rats are more dangerous than the Vulkh. Far be it from me to pass up the option of underground tunnels when it presents itself. I only have a little bit of gold left after my long journey, hopefully it will be enough. How much do you think the smuggler then the were rats will charge for one traveler?"

Narayan
05-21-2014, 12:21 AM
__________________________________________________ ________

<Start of Round 5>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


The order of initiative is:

(X) Fiendish Hound 1 (-37)(Dead)
(X) Fiendish Hound 3 (-8)(-8)(-1*)(-1*)(-12)(Incapacitated)(-1*)
(20) Hobgoblin (-13^)
(18) Elloral (-7)(-9)(!)
(18) Celestial Lion (-4)(-1)
(X) Fiendish Hound 2 (-7)(-10)(-4)(-9)(Incapacitated)
(X) Fiendish Hound 4 (-8)(-1*)(-14)(-1*)(Incapacitated)(-1*)
(04) Burrai
__________________________________________________ ________

Your quick dispatch of Fiendish Hound 2 seems to have changed the Hobgoblins perspective of the battle. He turns and runs into the darkness.

Hobgoblin: (Run x4)

Elloral: (Holds Action)

Celestial Lion: {Focuses it's attention on mauling Fiendish Hound 2}


(First Claw Attack: = 15, Hit)(Location: Right Front Paw)(Damage: = 7)
(Second Claw Attack: = 15, Hit)(Location: Ribs)(Damage: = 10)(Rake Damage: = 4)

(Bite Attack: = 23, Possible Critical)(Critical Check: Not a Critical)(Location: Left Foreleg)(Damage: = 9)


The Celestial Lion quickly incapacitates Fiendish Hound 2

[Burrai: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Narayan
05-21-2014, 01:26 AM
"I think I'd prefer to sleep all of tomorrow and tomorrow night away, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. It's not a meeting I should miss out on."

The last twenty four hours or so had felt like it lasted a few weeks, things constantly busy and changing and working. City life it seemed was a little more than he was prepared for, but like it or not he was here. "Don't worry Yorick, accidentally shifting happens all the time during the full moon, as long as you don't go out of your way to pick fights then anything that happens will probably be overlooked. As Purusartha says, most of them are farmers, carpenters, potters, bakers, and any other manner of civilians; They will probably recognize a seasoned warrior; I'll bet without trying you'll be giving off your aura like when we first met and everyone will steer twenty feet away from you like scared puppies; You'll stick out like a sore thumb". Sauel hoped he was being reassuring.

Yorick: {Nods thoughtfully} "Ok, I will go if only to watch your back, but I make no promises I won't make a fool of us. I'm not sure I will fit in with werewolf society."

Purusartha: {Huffs} "That's quite alright. I don't fit in either."


Thinking about the first meeting reminded him... "While we're talking about it, the two of us (as visiting outsiders) should probably bring some gifts. A fresh kill can be offered but it's best if you get it from outside their territory. I don't think we want to lug a deer a few Miles; Meat from a Butcher is probably is okay. Jewelry and magical items are acceptable too, long as they are tasteful. Any recommendations Purusartha?"

Purusartha: "That's a great idea Sauel. We should do our best to behave respectfully and make a good impression, especially since we'll be admitting we're responsible for all the trouble around the city since yesterday. A gift would help us demonstrate that the meeting is important to us. What do we have that holds that much value? If I had anything I think would do the trick, I'd be glad to offer it, but unfortunately I've lived a largely poor life..." {Pauses to think} "However I can think of one friend who might be willing to help us in this regard... his name is Saeed."

rtcvb32
05-21-2014, 02:53 AM
"If I had anything I think would do the trick, I'd be glad to offer it, but unfortunately I've lived a largely poor life... However I can think of one friend who might be willing to help us in this regard... his name is Saeed."

"Saeed... The most we have to offer currently are recent spoils from fights; Hopefully he is willing to trade some time early tomorrow after we've had a few winks of sleep; Well before we leave the city."

Thinking back most of the spoils was mundane equipment: Armor, weapons, a bow, poison, some money, etc. It was too bad Tix died, he had been useful for identifying things last time they had stuff to go over. Perhaps Sher' Reek the kobold sorceress could do the job, but Sauel had the impression she probably wouldn't lift a finger to help unless ordered by her new master Cred. Course he could always offer to pay her some token amount to help, but negotiating with her felt like it would be like pulling teeth.

Sauel let his hand drift over Rabi in slow practiced pets, and thought over Yorick's reply. "If you feel like you'd rather skip the meeting, I'm sure I can manage by myself, I'm not about to start a fight while vastly outnumbered in foreign territory. I doubt I'd stay too long if I can get away from it; Getting on their good side and having them not attack me on sight is probably my largest goal... And maybe acquiring a few allies against the Vul, but since most of the pack aren't usually warriors, I wouldn't expect more than small a volunteer force. If Asher was still alive we might have a stronger case and backing for support. For now treat this like a thief's guild... Pay your dues, and don't bring bad attention to yourself, and never ever return it back to the pack."

Pausing a thought occurred to Sauel. "Did you say mostly wererats were part of the thief's guild? Or do you know of any pack members that are part of it?" It brought back some memories of the thugs they fought earlier in the night preventing assassinations... Which made him frown now that he thought of it. "Also reminds me, were there any others who we had to prevent from being assassinated?" It was possible it was way too late to do any more regarding that, but it was some things to consider. Just when he thought things were cooling down only to realize things were still going on regardless if he was part of it, or not.

Narayan
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM
looked over in amazement as Ziya approached him, he places a large grin across his face.

"Hiya! feel like many year since see friend!" Xiaolong places his hands on Ziya's unburned shoulder and gives him a friendly shake "You look the tired, no sleep?"

Xiaolong felt concerned for his companion who above all needed to rest his wounds, at this point the bartender turns his attention to Xiaolong not saying a word but giving the universal look of 'I can assist you'

"Bartender, we take the house ale over here!" Xiaolong places his handful of coins Purusartha gave him on the bar as payment and tip.

"Bless be the Ishvar, he take the care you, maybe watch the me too. We deal the blow very strong to the evil one." he lets out a serious look on his face. "Hopefully Kitesvara can forgive this old one for want the revenge but, they not people in my eye. Nothing more then the animal those one."

While caught up in this more pleasant dialogue Xiaolong would periodically pause and listen to the crowd for any forewarning of immediate danger. If anything would threaten the group or Ziya, Xiaolong knew the resolve he would need to stand up to them.

Ziya: "No, not people at all!" He agree's. "...They are monsters..." He mutters. "If you have hurt them I offer you my most heartfelt gratitude and congratulations my friend!"

The bartender steps over with two cups of house ale and selects six of the copper pieces you placed on the bar as payment. The brew is not particularly good, yet still tastes delightfully intoxicating after so much exertion.

Ziya: "Sadly, I am not feeling particularly reverent towards the gods just now. I don't know how to explain my friends horrible death's to their families? How can I face them when I am shamed to have survived when they did not?" He asks bitterly. "I feel unworthy to even ask, but please consider letting me help your group in your plans, whatever they might be? I need to be able to tell the families of the fallen that I am working to avenge the death's of their loved ones in a meaningful way. Otherwise, I fear I'll end up attacking the next one of those creatures I see as soon as I leave this place!"

Shun001
05-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Xiaolong takes a large gulp of his beer, the alcohol calming his nerves. He ponders on Ziya's feelings and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"No blame god for doing of evil, instead ask the god strength do good. Battle can speak loud, more clear then the word can, fight for OUR lost friend. Family will know what you try speak when you fight for what believe in." Xiaolong kept a serious look across his face as he reassured Ziya that he isn't alone in his loss.

"You need call Blades of Ishvar, the monster intent hurting all us. Let us show strength of man." he took his hand off Ziya's shoulder and balled it into a fist. "First matter though, friend need us to keep them safe, if come I need you warn friend in cellar. I protect up here."

He finishes his brew and grabs a silver piece in his hand. As the bartender comes to take the cup, Xiaolong shows the silver piece and points to the empty container... 'keep them coming' he gestured.

The windows outside shown through very little light from what Xiaolong could see...

~The days in Sion are quite dark it seems~

Daydreaming
05-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Emiko tilts her head up to the ceiling closing her eyes, pretending like she isn't paying attention to the others. She is actually trying to listen closely to the conversation between Arminas and Palenrian. The dust from the room causes her to sneeze, so she attempts to have Kitsune listen in for her as well.

(Emiko Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 5, Failed. Kitsune Comprehension Check: 1D20-1 => 17, Success. Kitsune Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 11, Failed.)

~Ugh this dust... I couldn't even hear them! You probably couldn't either, could you Kit? Ok stay quiet. I am going to try and listen in again.~

Emiko leans to the side a bit towards the two talking, trying not to be noticed. Her eyes still closed, and head leaned back as if trying to rest.

(Emiko Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 18, Success.)

Narayan
05-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Emiko leans to the side a bit towards the two talking, trying not to be noticed. Her eyes still closed, and head leaned back as if trying to rest.

(Emiko Listen Check: 1D20+4 => 18, Success.)

You're finally able to hear some of what they are saying after a minute.

Arminas: -Hushed voice- "Right, but as I said, he was a slave so..."

Palenrian: -Hushed voice- "A mere slave wouldn't be any different. Only a trusted servant, or warrior of the household could hold one of those. Someone they used to wage war or perform intrigue against their foes and rivals."

Arminas: {Frowns.} -Hushed voice- "So you think he serves them still is what you're saying?"

Palenrian doesn't have a chance to answer before Olo steps down from the storeroom back into the Cellar causing them both to hush-up.

Olo: (Speaking to all) "I paid off the bartender and told him we will be leaving soon. Xiaolong is keeping watch up there so I will be taking my leave." He says.

[Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Sauel: What do you do?]

Narayan
05-22-2014, 01:34 AM
takes a large gulp of his beer, the alcohol calming his nerves. He ponders on Ziya's feelings and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"No blame god for doing of evil, instead ask the god strength do good. Battle can speak loud, more clear then the word can, fight for OUR lost friend. Family will know what you try speak when you fight for what believe in." Xiaolong kept a serious look across his face as he reassured Ziya that he isn't alone in his loss.

"You need call Blades of Ishvar, the monster intent hurting all us. Let us show strength of man." he took his hand off Ziya's shoulder and balled it into a fist. "First matter though, friend need us to keep them safe, if come I need you warn friend in cellar. I protect up here."

He finishes his brew and grabs a silver piece in his hand. As the bartender comes to take the cup, Xiaolong shows the silver piece and points to the empty container... 'keep them coming' he gestured.

The windows outside shown through very little light from what Xiaolong could see...

~The days in Sion are quite dark it seems~

Ziya: "Yes of course. The Blades have to avenge their own, that is part of our oath! I am sure my brothers have already called an emergency meeting when we failed to report for duty this morning. ...Or were reported missing by our families..." He adds morosely. "I should go and tell them what I witnessed, but I wasn't sure what to say for your sake? If I am going to ask the Blades to join forces with you and your comrades, I need to know something to convince them it's worthwhile. What should I tell them Xiaolong?"

Hillsy
05-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Your quick dispatch of Fiendish Hound 2 seems to have changed the Hobgoblins perspective of the battle. He turns and runs into the darkness.


.......And with a soft growl from the lion beside hime fading like the last peal of thunder from a passing storm, the fight was done. Burrai turns and watches the Hobgoblin flee, knowing he couldn't catch him. Not in his armour. Silence gathers itself, broken only by the soft pats as drops of blood fall from his axe onto the dust.

"Run!" Burrai hurls into the night. "Run until your lungs burn! Tell the world that Burrai Steelborn stood firm, and always will!" He walks upto the window, looks through at Elloral curled around her bloody hand. She blinks fast, the telltale signs of returning sight. "Are you, OK?" he asks softly.

"Nothing that won't heal." she replies, squinting towards his voice. "The poison is fading. Though you're little more that a smudge right now."

Burrai steps away. "I've got some bandages somewhere. Give me a moment." And he traipses towards the door. The Lion watches him, regal and blank, before settling on its haunches amongst the ruined corpses of the four hounds. ~They'll need burying.~ he thinks to himself. The Lion waits for its inevitable return to whatever ocean of arcane energy called it forth.

The single arrow sticks out of the door perfectly straight. The paper wrapped around it a bright fluttering of white against the dark wood, accentuated by his dark vision. He'd forgotten about that. The arrow comes loose in Burrai's strong hands, and he carefully unrolls the message. Curiosity tickles the back of his neck, like unseen eyes in the night. He glances around one last time at the dark, but no one is there. No one he can see. The Lion licks its chops and lowers it vast, shaggy head onto folded paws.

Burrai begins to read.....

Narayan
05-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Kromedon does not answer right away, leaning back against the wall and stroking his long beard, clearly considering his options. "I've seen how dangerous it is up here, I can't imagine the were rats are more dangerous than the Vulkh. Far be it from me to pass up the option of underground tunnels when it presents itself. I only have a little bit of gold left after my long journey, hopefully it will be enough. How much do you think the smuggler then the were rats will charge for one traveler?"

Zhānrén: {Shrugs} "It depends, smugglers have their own ways of doing things. Some retain guards and refuse to move in small groups because it makes them vulnerable. The one I would introduce you too can't offer that sort of protection so their services are more affordable. I'd guess thirty gold would cover their fee for being your guide, with another twenty for the usual 'tolls'. Of course more may be required if the wrong wererats cross your path." {Finishes draining her cup and waits for you to refill it.} "How soon would you need this to happen?" She asks.

Zemile
05-22-2014, 09:21 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon sets his glass on the table empty, done for now. "Those price ranges sound reasonable. I would like to get on with my journey so promptly would be preferred. As soon as is safely and reasonably possible. If you can take me to the smuggler now that would be perfect. If you need to go meet with him alone and come back here if he accepts, I understand the need for secrecy."

Daydreaming
05-23-2014, 01:16 PM
You're finally able to hear some of what they are saying after a minute.

Arminas: -Hushed voice- "Right, but as I said, he was a slave so..."

Palenrian: -Hushed voice- "A mere slave wouldn't be any different. Only a trusted servant, or warrior of the household could hold one of those. Someone they used to wage war or perform intrigue against their foes and rivals."

Arminas: {Frowns.} -Hushed voice- "So you think he serves them still is what you're saying?"

Palenrian doesn't have a chance to answer before Olo steps down from the storeroom back into the Cellar causing them both to hush-up.

Olo: (Speaking to all) "I paid off the bartender and told him we will be leaving soon. Xiaolong is keeping watch up there so I will be taking my leave." He says.

[Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Sauel: What do you do?]
~The only former slaves I know of in our midst is Yorick and Olo... What object does this person hold... And who do they serve?~

Emiko opens her eyes and looks at the others when she hears the noise of Olo returning. She notices Palenrian and Arminas quiet themselves quickly when Olo appears.

~Ah... So it is Olo then... These whispering games are childish... Let us get to the bottom of this shall we?~

"Ask him, Palenrian..." She says nodding to Palenrian, insinuating that she heard their conversation. "It's the easiest way to find out..."

rtcvb32
05-23-2014, 05:59 PM
(Ready to go at any time, pretty much waiting for the group to be ready...)

Narayan
05-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Palenrian: Glares at Emiko with frustration, then he looks to Olo. "Olo, are you serving the Drow?"

Olo: {Frowns} (Bluff Check: = 20) "NO! And I very much resent that you ask after all I've done for you." He says angrily.

The Cellar is suddenly filled with tension as everyone looks to Olo.

Arminas: (Sense Motive Check: = 24, Success)

Palenrian: (Sense Motive Check: = 27, Critical Success)

Purusartha: (Sense Motive Check: = 8, Fail)

Sher' Reek: (Sense Motive Check: = 14, Fail)

Yorick: (Sense Motive Check: = 21, Success)

[Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Sauel: Make Sense Motive checks. What do you do?]

Narayan
05-23-2014, 09:35 PM
__________________________________________________ _____________________
<End of Combat>

You unravel the parchment tied around the arrow's shaft to see a message written in blood. It is plainly written in the common tongue.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/BlackNetworkNote.jpg~original

Elloral: "What does it say?" She asks, still blinking with foggy eyesight, trying to wash her eyes out with some water.

Daydreaming
05-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Palenrian: Glares at Emiko with frustration, then he looks to Olo. "Olo, are you serving the Drow?"

Olo: {Frowns} (Bluff Check: = 20) "NO! And I very much resent that you ask after all I've done for you." He says angrily.

The Cellar is suddenly filled with tension as everyone looks to Olo.

Arminas: (Sense Motive Check: = 24, Success)

Palenrian: (Sense Motive Check: = 27, Critical Success)

Purusartha: (Sense Motive Check: = 8, Fail)

Sher' Reek: (Sense Motive Check: = 14, Fail)

Yorick: (Sense Motive Check: = 21, Success)

[Crdechzkragar, Emiko, Sauel: Make Sense Motive checks. What do you do?]
~The Drow... The others did think it was odd that he said he was an escaped prisoner of the Drow...~

(Sense Motive: 1D20+1 => 15.)

Narayan
05-24-2014, 01:03 AM
Kromedon sets his glass on the table empty, done for now. "Those price ranges sound reasonable. I would like to get on with my journey so promptly would be preferred. As soon as is safely and reasonably possible. If you can take me to the smuggler now that would be perfect. If you need to go meet with him alone and come back here if he accepts, I understand the need for secrecy."

Zhānrén: "It would be quicker if I took you to them, it isn't far. ...But first, I need some help from you. A favor for a favor is fair yes?" {She nods a group of four men seated across the common room.} "Those men are thugs they came in shortly before you did. Many criminals seek shelter in crowds on days like this. Some of those at that table come in here sometimes to drink and whore-away their ill gotten earnings. That one in particular..." {Points to a thin-looking Akhenaten man in his mid-twenties with a bald head and tattoo's.} "...has a price on his head that I am trying to collect. I've been waiting for him for days but he rarely ever goes anywhere alone. I'm not asking you to get involved in a brawl, but I need a way to track him and find where he lays at night so I paid for this magic pin..." {She reveals a common-looking sewing needle with a tiny polished stone at the tip.} "I'm told if I slip this into his garments I can home in on him later with a command word. All I need you to do is provide a bit of a distraction for me when we walk past him so the men aren't looking at me when I plant it on him. You don't look particularly threatening, for a dwarf, and they shouldn't look twice at a Caishian woman like me in a place like this either so I don't expect they'll see cause to get jumpy at us. What do you say?"

Zemile
05-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon takes a moment to observe the group of people Zhānrén pointed out. "I could provide a distraction if that is the best way to accomplish your goal. It seems like that might be unnecessarily risky. Not only would they, and likely others have their attention called to my presence, but you would have to come right up next to them to place the pin. Particularly since I am about the be smuggled across the city, a low profile seems like the preferred option. What if I can do you one better? I can create an invisible magical servant that will place the pin for you. You need only pick a place you want it, and the servant will get it there. I recommend something below the table."

rtcvb32
05-24-2014, 10:37 AM
(Sense motive: 25)

Sauel raises an eyebrow in curiosity at the outburst and gives Olo his attention, but being tired it's obvious he isn't all that interested, not about to do anything unless more information presents itself.

voidoblivion
05-24-2014, 12:25 PM
(sense Motive: 20) Still just laying back relaxing, as his wounds have a chance to heal or at least stop throbbing.

Shun001
05-26-2014, 06:56 PM
"Yes of course. The Blades have to avenge their own, that is part of our oath! I am sure my brothers have already called an emergency meeting when we failed to report for duty this morning. ...Or were reported missing by our families..." He adds morosely. "I should go and tell them what I witnessed, but I wasn't sure what to say for your sake? If I am going to ask the Blades to join forces with you and your comrades, I need to know something to convince them it's worthwhile. What should I tell them Xiaolong?"

Xiaolong nods to the bartender as his glass is refilled and the silver piece taken away, the bartender also makes sure that Ziya's cup is properly kept up as well.

"I say..." Xiaolong takes a swig of the fresh cold brew, the crowd still humming around the two "No join force those one. I feel they strong and can make the change against vul monster. I also feel they take the danger with them. Fight for you and you brothers. Get involve with those one down the stairs can..." Xiaolong took his time pondering the next word, his mind starting to float in the buzz of the drink "... make complicate. The blade should no play in the politic, uphold value of Ishvar. If other are good to Ishvar blade be good them... and should people you know go against the Ishvar... I hope you do what right."

Xiaolong wanted to sincerely prepare Ziya for what it meant to ally with him and the group he just traveled in, he feared the up coming full moon and what may happen to himself and even his comrades... If he could even call them comrades, some he didn't feel as strongly bonded to as others. He thought of his position and where he would stand amongst the people he just helped, Purusartha- Master of Northern Dog has shown good intentions when he helped saved Ziya, Cred- Little Healer also, those two he would stand by without too much thought. Emiko- The one with fire in her eyes, He felt a sense of nostalgia being around her. She didn't share much in common with Tomoe but the hot attitude and her piercing look... those they did share. He felt he should entertain the thought of getting to know more about her. Sauel... the other northern dog... he felt uneasy around. He seemed to not want to be a person, he wanted to stay a wolf and that was probably what made Xiaolong so uneasy, Xiaolong took pride in being a person and helping his fellow persons. As for the other members of the party he was rather unacquainted with. Turning into the bull really hindered his time for idle chatter with them. He didnt want to throw the Blades of Ishvar into a potentially dangerous relationship.

Narayan
05-27-2014, 02:28 AM
Palenrian: {Struggles to get to his feet, eyes never leaving the halfling.} "You're lying!" He says curtly to Olo.

Purusartha: {Steps over to Olo's side.} "What's the meaning of this Palenrian?" He asks angrily. "Olo deserves nothing less then our thanks!"

Palenrian: "I never met him before and I never asked for his help. If you all say he helped then I won't deny that, but who's to say he doesn't have an ulterior motive? My instincts tell me he's serving the dark elves. That's not something I can ignore!"

Purusartha: "What evidence do you have?! I think you're just jumpy having been tortured. You should apologize and reconsider things once you've rested and given yourself a chance to heal."

Arminas: {Shakes his head} "It's not just Palenrian. I sense Olo is lying too. I didn't want to be too critical of him while he was leading us underground, but now that the rescue is over I can feel the warning in my gut more clearly. Palenrian and I won't knowingly cooperate with anyone serving dark elves. Drow have killed too many of our friends and family back home to be forgiven!"

Purusartha: "This is nonsense! I can't believe you are behaving this way, have you no gratitude? No honor?!"

Palenrian: {Scoffs} "I am acting honorably by not killing this halfling where he stands! If this were my homeworld I wouldn't hesitate."

Arminas: {Nods}"Nor would I! We have learned time and again that anyone in service to those vile beings deserves no mercy!"

Olo: {Rolls his eyes} "You are both delusional! I won't stand here and listen to these accusations!" He says.

[Main Group: What do you do?]

rtcvb32
05-27-2014, 03:04 AM
"No good deed goes unpunished it seems..." Sauel mutters aloud before looking up. Sauel frowned at hearing the bickering that seemed to have broken out over such a small matter. It didn't matter if Olo lied or was hiding something or not, to Sauel Olo seemed ashamed of it.

Standing up straighter Sauel moves a little closer to Palenrian to look at him directly. "Does it matter? What if he does? What if he doesn't have a choice? Surely you understand you might have to do things you don't want to if the stakes are high. I know if any of the city guard asks if I'm a lycanthrope, I'll lie and say no before damning myself; They won't care I was cursed from birth, they will treat me as something evil and vile regardless."

Lowering his head he looks to glance at Olo. "Unless he's actively doing ill intent, then let it go and ignore it. There are more pressing matters than digging up someone's past..." Sauel looks towards the door no longer facing either the halfling or Palenrian. "I'd be more thankful you got rescued with his help. I have no doubt if they tortured you for names, had you given any they would probably be hunted, tortured or butchered, innocent or otherwise."

"Deuce I'm tired..." Sauel mutters rubbing a hand over his temple before his free hand gives Rabi a few reassuring pets once more.

(If I can roll for diplomacy I'd like to to try and calm him down. I have a feeling I'd get a bad roll so if you could do that... +1 bonus, or decide if it's necessary)

Hillsy
05-27-2014, 04:08 PM
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/BlackNetworkNote.jpg~original


"What does it say?" She asks, still blinking with foggy eyesight, trying to wash her eyes out with some water.

~Blood?~ Burrai thinks, turning the paper over in his big hands. On the reverse, scabs had started to form where it had sunk through. ~Why is it always blood? Some form of necromancy, a catalyst for a spell? Or just that practitioners of the dark arts find ink disgusting?~ Burrai shakes his head and walks back to the window.

"It seems whatever Thorel has in his journal, The Black Network wants back. Or some other cabal of evil." He slips his axe through the grips on his shield and slings them both onto his back. The weight feels familiar, comforting. He waits until Elloral blinks focus back into her eyes, then hands over the parchment. "Here, perhaps you can divine something from the message. Seems odd someone would leave that stuck in my door, wake us both, and not expect us to fight before we got a chance to read it." He turns and stares into the night. The darkness, despite his dark vision, keeps its secrets. Burrai shivers.

"Bah! Cursed hobgoblins were always addled in the head." Deliberately he turns from the night, daring it to surprise him. "Whatever's in that journal, I'd like to find out as soon as possible. I might have contacts in town who could help, though it's still a bit early to head out there. We can move now, or rest until dawn? Watch in shifts. Either way this place is no longer safe."

Burrai scowls, seeing the strange sigil scrawled in the parchment again in his mind

[Knowledge: History check = 18]

voidoblivion
05-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Crdechzkragar feels that Olo is lying or at least hiding the truth. When it came to drow and drow servants one can be none to careful. Crdechzkragar reaches his hand into his shirt and touches his sentient holy Amulet of Userrwroth seeking its guidance. His eyes close briefly while the amulets thoughts merge with his own, a sharing of knowledge. Moments later he opens his eyes again which are somewhat clearer with new information.

Crdechzkragar: {Frowns and looks to Palenrian} -speaking common- "As I am sure you would have killed me in your lands on sight also! The thing to remember Palenrian is Olo is an associate of a benefactor to our cause. Let his past in the underdark be his to live and survive with. If it was not for him we would not of made it as far as we have!"

{Moves over to Olo and speaks softly to him} - speaking undercommon- "Olo, I thank you for your help in our struggle against the Vul. House Uldraig is rumored to have a relationship with an under dragon named Tesakvorusling who helped them destroy House Vierzhuanthphorchathl. As you know I serve Userrwroth, which means I serve dragonkind. Thus, I am not inclined to be so... spiteful... towards House Uldraig. I would enjoy speaking with you further about them, but for now, go in peace."

Narayan
05-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Kromedon takes a moment to observe the group of people Zhānrén pointed out. "I could provide a distraction if that is the best way to accomplish your goal. It seems like that might be unnecessarily risky. Not only would they, and likely others have their attention called to my presence, but you would have to come right up next to them to place the pin. Particularly since I am about the be smuggled across the city, a low profile seems like the preferred option. What if I can do you one better? I can create an invisible magical servant that will place the pin for you. You need only pick a place you want it, and the servant will get it there. I recommend something below the table."

Zhānren: {Blinks} "You can do that???" She asks with some disbelief. "That would be terrific! There seems to be much more to you then your outer garb of a poor, simple traveler would suggest!" {Chuckles}

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

Zemile
05-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon holds up a finger, motioning Zhānrén to wait a moment. "Wait right here, I need a little bit of privacy to make this work, I'm sure the privy here is unpleasant but I should survive it for the short time required. I'll take that pin with me if you don't mind." Kromedon stands and heads for the restroom just as any other patron might.


With or without the pin, the plan is to use the restroom, and cast Unseen Servant inside. Once it's up, I should be able to move it around without being obvious but casting anything is too obvious in a bar. If she'll part with the pin up front, I'll give it to the unseen servant in the restroom, and have it exit after the next 'customer', hiding the pin with their body as much as possible, then skirting the floor until it gets near the intended target. Once under the table he's sitting at, it should be able to pin it to some leftover bit of clothing he won't notice and come back to me at my table. Clearly this is an extended and hopeful plan, so I expect it may get interrupted somewhere along the way and I'll adapt at that point.

Daydreaming
05-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Emiko quietly listens to the others arguing, and tries to judge the situation.

"Knowing how close Palenrian was to death only moments ago; I don't think he would so easily accuse one of his rescuers of doing ill." She looks to Olo. "If you do work for the Drow, Olo, why would you hide it from us? Unless you are in the process of doing something to bring us harm?" Emiko looks to Purusartha. "Olo easily told us about his other unsavory jobs and loyalties. Why would he lie about his association with the Drow unless he was hiding something that could harm or betray us?" She looks around at the rest of the group. "How many of you think Olo is working for the Drow? Even if you think he doesn't mean us any harm by working for them..."

rtcvb32
05-30-2014, 05:00 PM
"Emiko!" Sauel said getting her attention and shaking his head NO, an almost unnatural growl escaping from his throat in warning. He wanted to drop the conversation, not extend it. He looked to Purusartha and Yorick hoping they'd also encourage Emiko to cease her aggravation. Questioning Olo was not a priority just now and it certainly wasn't going to keep the group at peace with each other.

Sauel projected his energy to fill the room to make his feelings more clear; After a minute he would snuff that projection off again.

(Projected Emotion: Annoyance. Survival check: DC 10 for Natural lycans, DC 15 for Afflicted, DC 20 for non-lycans. DC 20 to identify emotion. For non-lycanthropes if it's detected, it feels like dozens of beetles or bugs crawling on your skin, or a chill. Success will allow you a chance to identify the emotion at DC 20. Successfully detecting for a non-lycan won't let you know who or what is projecting, only that it's happening. If it's your first exposure you probably won't know the cause of it)

Narayan
05-31-2014, 01:42 AM
~Blood?~ Burrai thinks, turning the paper over in his big hands. On the reverse, scabs had started to form where it had sunk through. ~Why is it always blood? Some form of necromancy, a catalyst for a spell? Or just that practitioners of the dark arts find ink disgusting?~ Burrai shakes his head and walks back to the window.

"It seems whatever Thorel has in his journal, The Black Network wants back. Or some other cabal of evil." He slips his axe through the grips on his shield and slings them both onto his back. The weight feels familiar, comforting. He waits until Elloral blinks focus back into her eyes, then hands over the parchment. "Here, perhaps you can divine something from the message. Seems odd someone would leave that stuck in my door, wake us both, and not expect us to fight before we got a chance to read it." He turns and stares into the night. The darkness, despite his dark vision, keeps its secrets. Burrai shivers.

"Bah! Cursed hobgoblins were always addled in the head." Deliberately he turns from the night, daring it to surprise him. "Whatever's in that journal, I'd like to find out as soon as possible. I might have contacts in town who could help, though it's still a bit early to head out there. We can move now, or rest until dawn? Watch in shifts. Either way this place is no longer safe."

Burrai scowls, seeing the strange sigil scrawled in the parchment again in his mind

[Knowledge: History check = 18]

[Burrai: Your knowledge history check is sufficient to recognize the symbold of the Black Network, which appeared shortly after the fall of the Dwarven Kingdom of Whurgythmora (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/Dwarven%20Kingdom%20of%20Whurgythmora/new), which also included Mt Gythmora in the east, now called Skull Mountain (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/Skull%20Mountain/new). The capital of Whurgythmora was the mountain stronghold of Kurukshetra (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/Kurukshetra/new), now lost to the evil humanoids who rule the Skull Mountain Hegemony (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/Skull%20Mountain%20Hegemony/new).]

Elloral: Before she examines the note she takes a minute to nurse her wounded hand with a cure spell. (Cure Light Wounds: = 15 Hp's of healing) "What awful beasts! Burrai, let me also tend to your wound!" She says stepping over to place her hands on your side. (Cure Light Wounds: = 9 Hp's of healing)

Now feeling better, Elloral sits heavily at the table to examine the note. "I recognize the mark of the Black Network. It is the same as that in the journal. However, I do not know what the significance is of writing the note in blood? The journal is penned in ink. I'm sorry there is much I still don't know about their organization."

"We should not stay here anymore. An inn in town may serve us better for shelter now that we are being targeted like this. I hope your contacts can help us."

[Burrai: What do you do?]

Narayan
05-31-2014, 04:35 PM
"I say..." Xiaolong takes a swig of the fresh cold brew, the crowd still humming around the two "No join force those one. I feel they strong and can make the change against vul monster. I also feel they take the danger with them. Fight for you and you brothers. Get involve with those one down the stairs can..." Xiaolong took his time pondering the next word, his mind starting to float in the buzz of the drink "... make complicate. The blade should no play in the politic, uphold value of Ishvar. If other are good to Ishvar blade be good them... and should people you know go against the Ishvar... I hope you do what right."

Ziya: {Drinks deeply, taking a few moments to consider Xiolong's words.} "I think I understand what you mean friend. Perhaps our groups would do better to keep apart for now? Your vote of confidence in the Blades of Ishvar is appreciated. I assure you we will not be defeated again so easily! I will go now and speak with our leaders to take steps to avenge our fallen. If anyone needs to get in touch with me, leave a message at the Seven Shields Inn."

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]

Narayan
05-31-2014, 06:38 PM
{Frowns and looks to Palenrian} -speaking common- "As I am sure you would have killed me in your lands on sight also! The thing to remember Palenrian is Olo is an associate of a benefactor to our cause. Let his past in the underdark be his to live and survive with. If it was not for him we would not of made it as far as we have!"

{Moves over to Olo and speaks softly to him} - speaking undercommon- "Olo, I thank you for your help in our struggle against the Vul. House Uldraig is rumored to have a relationship with an under dragon named Tesakvorusling who helped them destroy House Vierzhuanthphorchathl. As you know I serve Userrwroth, which means I serve dragonkind. Thus, I am not inclined to be so... spiteful... towards House Uldraig. I would enjoy speaking with you further about them, but for now, go in peace."

[Everyone: DC 15 Listen check for anyone who can understand undercommon to overhear Cred's words with Olo]

Arminas: (Listen Check: = 12, Fail)

Sher' Reek: (Listen Check: = 18, Success)

Olo: {Eyes narrow at Crdechzkragar with an expression of deep resentment and anger.} "You... little... BASTARD!" He shouts, hands reaching for the Kobolds throat!

Sher' Reek: -speaking draconic- "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" She exclaims in a deadly tone, leaping towards Olo like a coiled viper!

[Everyone: Roll initiative]

rtcvb32
05-31-2014, 06:52 PM
(Sauel Init: 20 -- why do I get all the good rolls when they really don't help much?)

Narayan
05-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Kromedon holds up a finger, motioning Zhānrén to wait a moment. "Wait right here, I need a little bit of privacy to make this work, I'm sure the privy here is unpleasant but I should survive it for the short time required. I'll take that pin with me if you don't mind." Kromedon stands and heads for the restroom just as any other patron might.

With or without the pin, the plan is to use the restroom, and cast Unseen Servant inside. Once it's up, I should be able to move it around without being obvious but casting anything is too obvious in a bar. If she'll part with the pin up front, I'll give it to the unseen servant in the restroom, and have it exit after the next 'customer', hiding the pin with their body as much as possible, then skirting the floor until it gets near the intended target. Once under the table he's sitting at, it should be able to pin it to some leftover bit of clothing he won't notice and come back to me at my table. Clearly this is an extended and hopeful plan, so I expect it may get interrupted somewhere along the way and I'll adapt at that point.

[Alright, this plan sounds reasonable and it succeeds without a hitch only because the thug is unaware that he has any enemies in the room and is effectively oblivious to the sleight of hand check being used against him. Otherwise, the DC for planting the pin on his person would be greater than 10 and the Unseen Servant would automatically fail.]

After you return from the privy without the pin, Zhānrén appears skeptical.

Zhānrén: -speaks in hushed tone- "Did it work?!" She asks looking towards the thug without being too obvious... "I never saw anything?"

Daydreaming
06-01-2014, 01:06 AM
[Everyone: DC 15 Listen check for anyone who can understand undercommon to overhear Cred's words with Olo]

Arminas: (Listen Check: = 12, Fail)

Sher' Reek: (Listen Check: = 18, Success)

Olo: {Eyes narrow at Crdechzkragar with an expression of deep resentment and anger.} "You... little... BASTARD!" He shouts, hands reaching for the Kobolds throat!

Sher' Reek: -speaking draconic- "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" She exclaims in a deadly tone, leaping towards Olo like a coiled viper!

[Everyone: Roll initiative]

-Speaking Common- "What did you say to Olo, Cred?!" Emiko says, looking sort of shocked at the swift turn of events.

(Initiative: 1D20+3 => 8.)

voidoblivion
06-01-2014, 02:17 AM
(11 initiative) Looks at Olo having no clue what the hell is his problem and why he is being attacked.

Narayan
06-01-2014, 12:12 PM
__________________________________________________ _______________________
<Start of Round 1>


・ Bleeding Damage ( * )
・ Fire Damage ( # )
・ Cold Damage ( @ )
・ Spell Damage ( ^ )
・ Poison Damage ( ! )

The order of initiative is:

(20) Sauel
(19) Olo
(18) Arminas
(17) Purusartha
(11) Crdechzkragar
(09) Yorick
(08) Emiko
(05) Sher' Reek
(04) Palenrian
__________________________________________________ ______________________

[Sauel: You are first to act, what do you do?]

rtcvb32
06-01-2014, 03:32 PM
"Deuce... what happened now?"

Sauel didn't want to hurt anyone in the room, not to mention he was tired as hell. Sauel really just wanted the night to be over. With little choice he let his body shift for what was probably the tenth time today (he would probably be eating a lot when he woke up). Once shifted he moved trying to get between the two sides, being Olo and Cred and Sher' Reek.

"CAAaN EVERRREBOODY JUUSST SSTOOPP!" growling quite loudly.

The annoyance projection he was doing changed to a very angry annoyance.

(In theory although there could be AOO's on Sauel, I doubt they will be taken)

Zemile
06-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon raises one eyebrow in response to her skepticism. "If you had seen anything, that would have been proof of failure. The pin is on his person in his clothes. I cannot be certain how long he will continue to wear the same clothes but by the look of him I suspect you have at least a week to work with. I have had enough of this place, I was not nearly drunk enough for that restroom, and I would rather not linger here any longer than necessary. Shall we make our way to your smuggler contact?"

Shun001
06-02-2014, 01:09 AM
The bustle in the room is heavy as Xiaolong places his hand on Ziya's back and bids him a proper farewell.

"Goodbye for the now, be careful on street... much trouble out there."

Xiaolong smiles as Ziya gets up to leave the bar area. Xiaolong continues to enjoy his ale though showing down on number four. he would usually go off he deep end but he still remembers his responsibility to the people currently waiting right below him.

~so far so good up here~

Hillsy
06-03-2014, 03:10 PM
"What awful beasts! Burrai, let me also tend to your wound!" She says stepping over to place her hands on your side.

Now feeling better, Elloral sits heavily at the table to examine the note. "I recognize the mark of the Black Network. It is the same as that in the journal. However, I do not know what the significance is of writing the note in blood? The journal is penned in ink. I'm sorry there is much I still don't know about their organization."

"We should not stay here anymore. An inn in town may serve us better for shelter now that we are being targeted like this. I hope your contacts can help us."


A warm pulse and Burrai feels the magic leech into his side, gathering around the torn flesh. He grunts; it felt like someone pulling his skin back together. But a few moments later the pressure waned and he twists without any pain. He moves inside, gathering a small back from beneath his bed and packing some rudimentary supplies: rope, candles, small knives, needle and thread. It was almost automatic; time on the road had taught him all about essentials.

"I've read a little of the history of Whurgythmora." He says, talking as he works. "The Black Network started there, I believe. I've no doubt they've been subsumed into the Skull mountain Hegemony who now reside in Kurukshetra. I'd forgotton how unpleasant hobgoblins are . And their pets. And whatever has drawn them out of their pit up in the mountains, whatever's in this journal, is likely just as foul."

He gathers up Elloral's pack, cloak and walking staff. He swings an old, baggy coat over his own armour. No point risking taking it off until they were safely in town. "You're right though. No need for the risk. Still..." He trails off, standing in his study and brushing his gaze across the rows of wood bound books. So much knowledge. He only hopes by leaving, no one will destroy them out of spite.

"Let's go. I hope there's a bed still left." He shuts his house as best he can, already thinking about who might be able to translate the infernal script in the journal.

[Knowledge: Local check = 21]

Narayan
06-03-2014, 08:37 PM
"Deuce... what happened now?"

Sauel didn't want to hurt anyone in the room, not to mention he was tired as hell. Sauel really just wanted the night to be over. With little choice he let his body shift for what was probably the tenth time today (he would probably be eating a lot when he woke up). Once shifted he moved trying to get between the two sides, being Olo and Cred and Sher' Reek.

"CAAaN EVERRREBOODY JUUSST SSTOOPP!" growling quite loudly.

The annoyance projection he was doing changed to a very angry annoyance.

Sauel-the-hybrid moves quickly to interpose himself between Olo and the kobolds.

Olo: (Holds Action) Spits words filled with anger and frustration. -Speaking Common- "Did you hear what Cred just said?! He wants to speak with me about House Uldraig because of their association with an underdragon named Tesakvorusling. He tells me he serves dragonkind and speaks of that... beast like he admires it!"

Arminas: (Holds Action) {Scowls} -Speaking Common- "What? So now the Kobold speaks like he wants to ally with the drow! This is getting out of control!"

Purusartha: (Holds Action) {Frowns} -Speaking Common- "Is this true Crdechzkragar?!"

Sher' Reek: {Hisses at Olo, Arminas and Sauel} -Speaking Common- "You will NOT touch him! Crdechzkragar is chosen by a GOD! ...Compared to him, the rest of you are but fools!"

[Crdechzkragar: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Narayan
06-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Kromedon raises one eyebrow in response to her skepticism. "If you had seen anything, that would have been proof of failure. The pin is on his person in his clothes. I cannot be certain how long he will continue to wear the same clothes but by the look of him I suspect you have at least a week to work with. I have had enough of this place, I was not nearly drunk enough for that restroom, and I would rather not linger here any longer than necessary. Shall we make our way to your smuggler contact?"

Zhānrén: {Smiles} "Certainly!"

The pair of you exit The Filthy Monkey and go downstairs. Zhānrén leads you to a side door opening into an alley instead of the street.

Zhānrén: "Whatever you do, don't run unless I say. Quick movements attract the Vulkyries attention like darting mice attract the eyes of a hawk. Stay behind me and stay alert, but don't draw attention to yourself." She says before she steps into the alley.

Zhānrén moves much like a cat, barely making a sound, watchful yet not appearing to be frightened in the least. She seems much at home in these alleyways dimly lit by the newly risen sun. She leads you from corner to corner, occasionally ducking beneath a cart or into a doorway when patrols of city watchmen move too close. After a short time slinking about in this fashion you reach the backdoor to a small shop, apparently closed early for the day. There is no sign above the backdoor to indicate which shop it is however.

Zhānrén: "This is the place. Keep calm and keep your hands in plain sight. My friend is a tad jumpy!" She says knocking four times, then twice upon the door.

A few moments later a small pass-through opens within the door with a loaded crossbow pointed at you! A mans voice speaks to you from behind the weapon, speaking traditional Akhenaten rather than common.

Akhenaten Mans Voice: -Speaking Akhenaten- "Who is it?!"

Zhānrén: {Smirks} -Speaking Akhenaten- "Samad! Is that anyway to greet a friend?!"

Samad: -Speaking Akhenaten- "Zhānrén? Apologies!" He says pulling away the weapon and opening the door slowly. You glimpse an older Akhenaten man, plainly dressed in robes. "Who is this?" He asks looking at Kromedon.

Zhānrén: -Speaking Akhenaten- "He is a customer! He has need of your services."

Samad: {Looks Skeptical} -Speaking Akhenaten- "I am not sure my services are available today. Too dangerous!"

Zhānrén:-Speaking Akhenaten- "Not even as a favor to me?!" She asks. "I owe this Dwarf!"

Samad: {Hmmphs} -Speaking Akhenaten- "If it is something you need me to do Zhānrén, I cannot refuse." He says, opening the door wider. -Speaking Common- "Come in quickly!"

Inside, you see that you've entered a small scribe-shop and messenger service with a large wall of small boxes stuffed with various scrolls meant for various clients. You glimpse children peeking down at you from stairs leading up to what must be living quarters... and smells of hot food being cooked in a kitchen down the hall. Zhānrén waves at the kids before Samad shoo's them off. A womans voice calls from down the hall.

Akhenaten Woman's Voice: -Speaking Akhenaten- "Samad? Who is here?"

Samad: -Speaking Akhenaten- "It is Zhānrén and a customer!" He calls back.

Zhānrén: -Speaking Akhenaten- "Hello Rida!" She calls to the woman.

Rida: -Speaking Akhenaten- "Oh! Zhānrén, welcome!" The woman calls back. "Don't Leave! I will be done soon!" She says.

Samad: -Speaking Common- "Welcome to my shop. Please let us discuss business in more privacy." He speaks to you Kromedon, pulling at a large chest set against a wall revealing a narrow staircase leading down into a hidden cellar. Samad leads the way down and Zhānrén follows.

Zhānrén: -Speaking Common- "Follow us, it is ok, Samad is a good man." She says to you.

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

Narayan
06-03-2014, 09:38 PM
The bustle in the room is heavy as Xiaolong places his hand on Ziya's back and bids him a proper farewell.

"Goodbye for the now, be careful on street... much trouble out there."

Xiaolong smiles as Ziya gets up to leave the bar area. Xiaolong continues to enjoy his ale though showing down on number four. he would usually go off he deep end but he still remembers his responsibility to the people currently waiting right below him.

~so far so good up here~

Soon after Ziya departs, you hear the sound of heavy carts rolling up the street before they come to a halt in front of The Drunken Fool. Various patrons inside the bar start to panic. "It's the city watch!" They shout... some of them bolting for the back door.

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]

voidoblivion
06-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Looks at the others and in common responds. "I serve Dragon kind, not Drow, not some false denizen, but the keepers of our lands from ages before our own. Underdragon named Tesakvorusling is whom I would thank for sending one of his servants to assist us. Out of respect for his kind. The drow house are but his servants, if he would will it they would attack the Vul from bellow and run their poisoned blades into them. A dead Vul no matter whom kills it, is still a dead Vul. I would welcome Tesakvorusling's hand in destroying the Vul." He motions at the group. "look at us, who are we to judge were the help comes from, as long as Userrwroth wills it, then it is so. Together we who are from all walks of life and beasts in our own way do stand together in a common cause. So what if the Drow kill a few Vul." Turning to Olo "I meant no disrespect to you or those you serve, if you hate that house as much as it seems you do, then your are waging a clever war along side the Ghost who is the last of his house it would seem. Please do return in peace, I meant you no disrespect in my words."

rtcvb32
06-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Sauel glances over the group and hearing Olo's reaction. Sauel himself did not know undercommon, but at the least he held off immediate bloodshed by standing in the way. In light of it all, Sauel was probably an idiot and this was the single worst place to stand at this moment. It all came down really to Cred and his elaborate explanation.

Cred's words seemed simple and rather practical, about as practical as Sauel was willing to be anyways. The saying 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' came to mind. You could still curse a drow for his evil, and thank him for small favors afterall. Hopefully Olo could hold fast his anger.

Narayan
06-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Yorick: (Holds Action)

Olo: "You're delusional! You think all dragons are worth worshiping?!" {Spits} "Let me tell you about Tesakvorusling! That... monster... will destroy anything and everything on a whim! It's cruelty is beyond measure! When my village was enslaved by House Uldraig, those who tried to escape were killed in the worst possible way..." His voice chokes up for a minute and he has to pause. "... they chained them in the center of a cavern and made us all watch as Tesakvorusling filled the cavern with his breath... a toxic, poisonous, acidic gas. There was noway to escape it. Holding their breath wouldn't save them. The dragons breath literally sloughed their flesh off their bodies, but slowly like meat in a cooking pot... the pain was unimaginable so of course they started screaming. Then the gas had a chance to make its way into their lungs, reducing their screams to a wet gurgle as their innards melted away within their bodies!"

[Emiko: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Daydreaming
06-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Emiko quickly places Kit into her pack and gathers it up to carry it upon her back. She stands and watches the dispute between the others unfold.

~Drow, now dragons... What is this mess? Burning melting flesh.... I can't take this anymore!~

-Speaking Common-"Stop it!" She cries out, loud enough to be heard over anyone talking in the room. Emiko's hands glow white and tiny flames flicker from her fingertips when she shows her frustration at the situation. "You people and creatures, and your Gods! Olo and Cred... if neither of you are trying to hurt us, and you're both only trying to help with our cause against the Vul, then I do not see why any of us should have any problems..." She turns to Arminas and Palenrian. "If any of you have problems with the details of someone's past, then save your worries for when that past becomes a danger to us. This task we have taken on against the Vul is a hard one, and we cannot waste time or energy on stupid details that are not directly affecting us right now. Our lives are in danger now that the alarms have been sounded, and we still need to make it back to where we can safely rest. Now is not the time for this extra stress..."

(Survival check to detect Sauel's aura: 1D20+2 => 3, Fail. Holds Combat Action.)

Zemile
06-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon follows Zhānrén through the city quietly and patiently. Not running comes naturally to him, as he is not prone to run either toward danger or away from it, or even around in circles. Dwarves are often like that, very steady, not very fast. He doesn't say anything on the journey, nor as the two speak in a language he is unfamiliar with. Entering when bidden, he looks around only briefly, no need to go prying into Samad's personal affairs.


When the hidden staircase is revealed, Kromedon is not particularly surprised, they are after all here for smuggling. "If I did not trust you Zhānrén, I would not have come this far. I'm sure Samad is as you say, especially since this is a particularly unlikely location for an ambush. I would, however, appreciate it if we could confine our conversation to the Common tongue as much as possible, so that I may keep up." Kromedon follows them down the staircase into the darkness, quite at home in narrow underground passages.

Narayan
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Sher' Reek: -Mutters at Emiko- "YOU are the one who incited this in the first place?! Spare us your protests!" {moves to stand by Crdechzkragar}-Speaks to Olo- "Don't try and distract us from the issue of your lies with stories!"

Palenrian: (Holds Action)Questions Crdechzkragar "What do you mean Ghost is the last of his house? Are you saying the vampire is also in league with the drow?"
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

<End of round 1> <End of Combat>

Purusartha: {Holds up his hands} -Speaking in loud voice- "QUIET! ...Emiko is right! We cannot let ourselves be divided over issues besides the Vul! They are our primary enemy looking to hunt everyone of us in the streets this very moment!" {Pauses to turn and make eye contact with everyone in the cellar.} "I know how hard this is! Fate has brought us together into this struggle without really knowing who we're standing with? None of us would normally choose to trust others so different from ourselves..."

"Given what we've been through, we should expect to be suspicious about anything and everything! We lack patience to cope with our fears because we're exhausted and on edge. Thus, I think it's a good idea to acknowledge that this group can't function the same way we'd expect from our own peers. Adjustments and compromises about how we normally think and do things have to be made or this is never going to work. Agreed?"

rtcvb32
06-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Sauel gives a single nod in agreement, and lowering his hands he lets his body return to human form, feeling the weight of exhaustion once again. He had nothing else to really say, but for now he would remain separating the two sides just to make sure nothing else happened.

voidoblivion
06-05-2014, 06:08 AM
He nods to the final words spoken, or what he hopes are the final words spoken on this matter, while motioning for Sher ' Reek to be silent so as not to stir things up more. He has nothing further to say on this unless it is required. No matter what they had to work together because of Userrwroth wills it, and because of this there fates are bound together, under a common cause at the very least.

Daydreaming
06-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Sher' Reek: -Mutters at Emiko- "YOU are the one who incited this in the first place?! Spare us your protests!" {moves to stand by Crdechzkragar}-Speaks to Olo- "Don't try and distract us from the issue of your lies with stories!"

Palenrian: (Holds Action)Questions Crdechzkragar "What do you mean Ghost is the last of his house? Are you saying the vampire is also in league with the drow?"
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

<End of round 1> <End of Combat>

Purusartha: {Holds up his hands} -Speaking in loud voice- "QUIET! ...Emiko is right! We cannot let ourselves be divided over issues besides the Vul! They are our primary enemy looking to hunt everyone of us in the streets this very moment!" {Pauses to turn and make eye contact with everyone in the cellar.} "I know how hard this is! Fate has brought us together into this struggle without really knowing who we're standing with? None of us would normally choose to trust others so different from ourselves..."

"Given what we've been through, we should expect to be suspicious about anything and everything! We lack patience to cope with our fears because we're exhausted and on edge. Thus, I think it's a good idea to acknowledge that this group can't function the same way we'd expect from our own peers. Adjustments and compromises about how we normally think and do things have to be made or this is never going to work. Agreed?"
Emiko quickly glows in a flash of annoyance with Sher'Reek's accusation. She turns and listens to Palenrian's question about Ghost, and her face changes to a slightly worried look. Emiko waits for Purusartha to finish speaking before she responds.

~Ghost may be one of the Drow? He does not seem like the Drow I have read about...~

-Speaking Common- "I wasn't trying to incite anything! I simply told Palenrian to speak his mind... I don't think it's right for allies to withhold their concerns from the group when it's something that could endanger others. We can only prevail if we work together and look out for one another. If you have concerns about a member of our group possibly betraying our cause or bringing harm to others in the group, then I would ask you to do the same and state your concerns, Sher'Reek, just like I did with Palenrian... Most of us have only known each other for less than a day, so trust does not come easily, I understand this..."

Narayan
06-06-2014, 08:54 PM
You make your way from your cottage into the pre-dawn darkness heading towards Cabarda. The hills seem more ominous now, howling with an evil wind. You even glimpse glowing eyes watching you from the darkness, but they vanish as soon as you take notice. Meanwhile, your thoughts dwell on Cabarda. The town is fairly significant as a stopover on the road west of Masaeus, before it hooks northward around Mt. Azoa towards distant Ayuthaya, capital of the Kingdom of Vulkh. Your cottage is found in the low hills south of the town, so trail or not, all you need do is head for the peak of Mt. Azoa and you will find the town.

Cabarda is run by a merchant-lord named Farrik, who like all of his ilk east of the desert, answer to Baron Zomok of Masaeus. Farrik is no friend of yours, but he has heard of your talents as a 'mercenary prince' and has offered you work before. The stable boy Pael's visit in that regard being the most recent. Farrik is selfish and greedy, but he cares about the appearance of his town and the maintenance of law and order, if only not to be mocked by his fellow merchant-lords whenever they come calling. Sheriff Tamir's first priority as chief law enforcer of Cabarda is protecting the goods of merchant convoys on their way too or from Masaeus. The needs of the locals always come second, which has created an opportunity for a small thieves guild to take root there.

You are aware of this thieves guild because you had to battle a few would-be-bandits on your way out of town once and one of the men warned you that killing him would bring more of his friends to your doorstep. You let the man live, if only to spare yourself the worry, but the parting blows you dealt him ensured he wouldn't dare bother you again. He mentioned a name of someone named Noro whom he swore would 'end you' if he didn't come back alive. Noro is a name you heard before in local gossip. A thug of renowned cruelty who acted as chief enforcer of the local thieves guild. He may not be someone you want to befriend, but if there was anyway the thieves guild could provide information, Noro would know who to ask.

Another man you might want to question is a smuggler named Jabbar who supposedly only barely escaped Masaeus with his life. Jabbar claims to be retired, but there are rumors he still does 'favors' through old associates he keeps in contact with. Jabbar's connection with the local guild is unclear because Jabbar has been known to chastise and chase away local pick-pockets and stood between friends of his and Noro's thugs once or twice. Rumor has it Noro wants Jabbar hurt, but the local guild master, whoever he is, won't allow it. A third possibility is an old half-elven sage named Jarahdrin, who supposedly charges outrageous fee's for research and consultation.

As for options in local lodging, Cabarda has three inns. The smallest and cheapest is known as Putyuk's Rooms, easily the seediest such establishment operated by a very strange foreigner from somewhere named Okiah. The Red Sands is more expensive but much larger, the usual stop for most merchants who aren't rich and most travelers who aren't poor. The Seven Swans is the most expensive and exclusive inn in town, though it can't truly be considered luxurious compared those in cities like Masaeus. Nevertheless, it usually caters to traveling merchant-lords and the wealthier travelers.

Elloral: {Sighs} "Forgive me for forcing you to abandon your home Burrai. Hopefully you can return when this is all over... but if not, I will do my best to help you settle somewhere else."

Narayan
06-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon follows Zhānrén through the city quietly and patiently. Not running comes naturally to him, as he is not prone to run either toward danger or away from it, or even around in circles. Dwarves are often like that, very steady, not very fast. He doesn't say anything on the journey, nor as the two speak in a language he is unfamiliar with. Entering when bidden, he looks around only briefly, no need to go prying into Samad's personal affairs.

When the hidden staircase is revealed, Kromedon is not particularly surprised, they are after all here for smuggling. "If I did not trust you Zhānrén, I would not have come this far. I'm sure Samad is as you say, especially since this is a particularly unlikely location for an ambush. I would, however, appreciate it if we could confine our conversation to the Common tongue as much as possible, so that I may keep up." Kromedon follows them down the staircase into the darkness, quite at home in narrow underground passages.

The stairwell goes down but a short distance into a warm cramped cellar. Light comes from a single lantern hung from one corner organized into a living area with a table, a stove, a wash-basin, some cabinets and a small bed fit for a child. However it is not a child you see but rather, a small, short, black-and-grey furred humanoid looking very much like a rat preoccupied with organizing all manner of parcels, packages, goods and blackmarket items. It turns and bows its head at your arrival.

Rhat: -Speaking Akhenaten- "Master!"

Samad: -Speaking Common- "Use the common tongue Porso. Our customer cannot speak our local language."

Porso: -Speaking Common- "Certainly master, welcome guest. Have a seat..." It says pulling out a chair for you at the table.

Zhānrén: {Smiles} "Porso!"

Porso: {Makes something of a smile when it see's Zhānrén.} "Zhānrén! So good to see you!" It says literally running into her arms.

Zhānrén: {Hugs the Rhat like a child and pets his head.} "Good to see you too. I see you've been making yourself busy down here?"

Porso: "Yes very busy! Master knows I like to be busy!" It says happily.

Samad: {Gestures to the table} "Have a seat sir dwarf and lets talk business. What exactly do you need?"

Zemile
06-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon was not expecting a rat, and was thus surprised to see one, but as the others clearly expect him to be here, he gets over it promptly and says nothing on the subject. He takes a seat as offered by Porso and addresses Samad. "What exactly I need is to find my cousin. I know he came to this city to meat a man name Wrusk. I have been told that Wrusk's tanning shop is on the other side of this city, and traveling the streets is clearly dangerous. Zhānrén was kind enough to suggest you might be able to help me find a safer route. Hopefully you know where Wrusk's shop is, because the directions I received are from the surface, and vague at best."

Narayan
06-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Palenrian: {Nods, abashed} "I suppose you're right about that Purusartha. I'm not a young man anymore, I'm set in my ways of thinking. Also, back on my world I'm something of an important man. Here I am just an outsider who hasn't been enjoying himself much."

"A man in my position will prefer the enemies he is most familiar with. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather face Drow then these unholy walking raptors that almost flayed me alive!" {Spits} "At least then, last night would feel less like a nightmare..."

"I apologize Olo. I fear my wounds are worse then skin deep. I'm not thinking straight."

Olo: {Nods} "Apology accepted. Now if you'll excuse me. I really must get back to my men and see too it that this mission won't cost us more than it already has."

Olo removes another portable portal from his garments, creates a hole through dimensions and departs the cellar.

[Everyone: What do you do?]

rtcvb32
06-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Seeing Olo having departed and no more immediate threats of violence breaking out among the group he glances towards the stairs and upwards that they go to the tavern. It was the only way to go.... eventually anyways. Or he could just nap right here... Still all things considered he wasn't wearing hardly any of his normal gear and only a handful of supplies on his person.

But there was no doubt he could feel the calling of the moon, although not a full moon it was still strong, strong enough for his eyes to flitter golden for a few seconds. "How long do you think before we'll get a reply?" Glancing at Cred and him still scratched up meant being tracked would be easy from the were-rats so just leaving the tavern was a bad idea for the moment. Plus with curfew in effect...

With little more to really consider he glances over the current cellar stocks for something good to drink, perhaps they could take a bottle with them, likely it would be unnoticed or easily compensated depending on how much Olo already bribed and paid the bar keep. Some of the higher alcohol content items could be used for cleaning wounds and medicine purposes, or alternatively used as a fuel for light or to set someone aflame once ignited. But cheap booze was unlikely to be useful so he looked for rum or something related.

Narayan
06-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Home Cavern of the Aridu Tribe, Frontier of Underfolk Territory______________________

You find yourself at one of the local taverns built within the cavern surrounding the former Duergar Fortress your Underfolk tribe now controls. The tavern is called The Worm in the Bottle. A cheaper, seedier sort of place often used as a meeting place for scoundrels like yourself. it is a plain structure, built of stone and earth, as things usually are underground. The floor and walls are made of mortared stone. The roof is made up of heavy nets made from roots, animal hides and moss. A single hearth warms the place, fueled with dried dung and other organic materials. Only the very rich dream of burning wood.

The recent rumors about strange outsiders, probably scouts, captured on the outskirts of your territorial caverns are indeed intriguing. You listen to what others whisper about while sipping a cup of fermented Rothe milk. Specifics are unclear, no one seems to agree about the exact nature of those scouts. Some claim it was surface humans able to navigate underground through magical means. Others say they only looked human but were in fact lycanthropes. Accounts agree at least that they came from the east.

Of course it's no surprise to you that Chief Sargen is keeping details about these captured scouts to himself. Warmages make up the elite of the tribes leadership, but Sargen is known to have studied the arcane schools of illusion and enchantment more than most. An aging, cautious man, Sargen will likely only tell those who need to know about this new threat. This is probably wise, given how dangerous things can get if a panic flares up.

Your memory glimpses back to one such incident. Shala's death. She was an acquaintance of yours in your later teen years, someone close to being a friend. A few years older and braver then you, she was serving as a caravan guard. You were taking a stroll together towards an outer entrance to your territorial caverns where she was supposed to meet another caravan, sharing a skin of cheap mushroom wine and conversing about her adventures. Then suddenly, Shala dropped the wineskin and stood stunned, eyes unfocused... words dying in her throat...

You couldn't understand what was happening to her until you saw it. The thing appeared out of the dark like a walking nightmare. Standing taller then most underfolk with rubbery, glistening, greenish-mauve skin it was thin with long clawed fingers. On its shoulders was a bulbous, misshapen head featuring four writhing tentacles and alien white eyes. It was a Mind Flayer, the most feared and deadly enemy of your race...

Shala couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't react as you pleaded with her and tugged at her to run. You had to abandon her to a most terrible fate... and as you fled you heard the creature's voice in your mind. 'Come back.... come baaaaack.....' like a powerful whispered suggestion. You didn't listen of course, you knew better. But you never forgot that voice... those words... because you imagine they would have been the same words Shala herself would have said if she could have pleaded with you to save her.

When at last you found a patrol they raised the alarm and dragged you back to look for her, but she had vanished without a trace. Just the wineskin was left where she'd dropped it. The same wineskin you still carry to this day when you travel... to remind you to always stay on your guard. Her family blamed you and you had to answer many questions by the Warmages seeking information about the Mind Flayers. You helped them as much as you could, but you couldn't do anything about Shala's family. They hate you to this day, but your own family protected you. Your older brother, Enkir, the warrior, wouldn't let anything happen to you. Perhaps it would have been better for Shala if he had been walking with her that day...

The incident led to some other matters getting out of hand. The merchant caste argued with the warrior caste, shamans argued with Warmages, an attempted coup was even launched against chief Sargen. However, your musings are suddenly interrupted by the arrival of three men into the tavern. One wears the armored robes of a Warmage flanked by two warriors. Voices in the tavern hush, waiting to see what prompted this visit? The Warmage scans the tables until he spots you, then he steps forward... steel-plated boots clopping noisily on the stone floor until he reaches your table. The pair of warriors step around either side of him and circle the table as if to move behind you.

You have reason to be worried since you have a bit of a scoundrels reputation among your people. You're not one to follow the spirit of the laws so much as the letter. You've gotten away with some small acts of swindling in the past but you can't think of anything you've done recently to warrant an arrest?

[Ersun: What do you do?]

p3sent
06-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Ersun looks at the Warmage and wonders if he heard anything about this one. He couldn't guess why would they be looking for him, but running isn't an option either way, unless he wants to make an exile or fool out of himself. If he is to guess the pair of warriors are more for persuasion, or intimidation, or just simply habit than to seize him. Either way, there is no reason to let them control the situation comfortably. If he is to be taken custody there is hardly much to lose, if it’s not about that, then the situation can be played with a bit, and isn't that a joy.

He stands up with his cup and goes ahead to meet the Warmage up close with a faint smile instead of waiting.
“Hi there!” He says, nods, and gives a small friendly touch on his arm as he shifts his position so while he is still facing him the warriors would feel awkward and out of place if they were to try surrounding him again.
“What can I do for you?” He says, raising his cup a bit as further greeting and scrutinizes the fellow for his intentions.

(Bardic lore about the warmage: 24 )

Shun001
06-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Soon after Ziya departs, you hear the sound of heavy carts rolling up the street before they come to a halt in front of The Drunken Fool. Various patrons inside the bar start to panic. "It's the city watch!" They shout... some of them bolting for the back door.

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]

Xiaolong took this opportunity to race back with the other patrons heading to the rear door. In the commotion he diverts towards the downwards staircase and the rest of the party.

~I hope Ziya didn't get caught up out there~

Those thoughts troubled his mind but in his urgency he needed to respond and quick, like so many other high pressure situations in the past demanded of him. He enters the storeroom and opens the door above the stairwell into the cellar to let his voice through, though wastes no time to actually step down into the cellar.

"City watch here! Find way out, I distract. No worry bout me, full moon tonight. Find me morning..."

With those words he rushes back out of the storeroom intending to go back to the common room.

~Kitesvara's blessing, They will not find them on my watch.~

[[OOC sorry for the massive delay, life has been rough with an eviction from our place of residence]]

Daydreaming
06-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Emiko watches as the dispute is resolved for now, and Olo leaves through his portal. She looks at Sher'Reek wearing her cloak she loaned her temporarily and scowls a bit.

~I should never have loaned her my cloak! She is so obnoxious... I will have to use some of the fabric I left with Cael's body... I need to blend in with the crowds.~

Emiko bend's down beside Cael's body, and removes a big enough piece of plain cloth to make a temporary shawl for herself. She wraps it around her shoulders and covers her head with it like a hood, pulled down just enough to cover her eyes. She pulls her haori out of her pack and puts it on as well, to cover her bare white arms.

~Now it will be easier to blend in... This smell from the chute is sickening... I can't wait til we get back to Wrusk's home. I'm sure he would let me bathe.~

Hillsy
06-11-2014, 04:07 PM
{Sighs} "Forgive me for forcing you to abandon your home Burrai. Hopefully you can return when this is all over... but if not, I will do my best to help you settle somewhere else."


It's always darkest before the dawn, they say. But to Burrai's eyes, it's always at it's most colourless. There's little here between his little home and the town of Cabarda: Scruffs of grass flicking in the breeze; clusters of bushes, huddled together as though scared; here and there the dark pools of burrows and the occasional furtive shadows of rodents. He and Elloral stomp through the grass lands, short legs make the distance longer, but easier to endure.

"Pay it no mind." He shrugs. The comfortable weight of his awe swings back and forth at his hip. "It's not the first time I've had to start over. Won't be the last. Perhaps if we see to this mess quickly the moths wont have chewed away my books." He shrugs, aware of the sad twist to Elloral's features. She always cared to deeply - what loss to him was wood and books when he'd already lost his family.

"We'll find beds for the rest of the night. In the morning I'll look for Jabbar. He's an old smuggler, and has a way of gathering contacts without seeming to do anything. He might or might not help, but it's a start. Our paths have crossed before and I've done him no slight. Despite his history, there's honour in him."

Elloral nods, and falls silent, perhaps choked by guilt. Burrai shrugs to himself - there's nothing he can do to help with that. It's her burden, hoisted on her own shoulders.

The few miles roll by with the wind whispering ceaselessly in their ears, each with their own thoughts. Burrai turns the events of this night over in his mind, but whatever secrets they hold, he can't divine them. Whatever the Dark Network wanted with him, and whatever they thought he may stumble upon that warranted executing his family, time had hidden from him. He felt old, like those years were his youth, sloughed off so long ago like fresh skin, leaving only gnarled scars behind. Lost in these thoughts he barely noticed as Cadarba loomed out of the night before them.

Narayan
06-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon was not expecting a rat, and was thus surprised to see one, but as the others clearly expect him to be here, he gets over it promptly and says nothing on the subject. He takes a seat as offered by Porso and addresses Samad. "What exactly I need is to find my cousin. I know he came to this city to meat a man name Wrusk. I have been told that Wrusk's tanning shop is on the other side of this city, and traveling the streets is clearly dangerous. Zhānrén was kind enough to suggest you might be able to help me find a safer route. Hopefully you know where Wrusk's shop is, because the directions I received are from the surface, and vague at best."

Samad: {Also takes a seat and nods} "I know where Wrusks Tannery is. You require a guide through the sewers yes? It is dangerous, but doable. I can't offer you protection but I can improve your chances. Is this a one way trip? Is your cousin expecting you? Does anyone else know you are coming? Is there going to be trouble once we reach the tannery?" Samad asks, watching your reaction to his questions carefully. (Sense Motive: = 22)

voidoblivion
06-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Cred stands with Skerreek, quietly pulling his cloak over his head, waiting to leave with the group, when they are ready.

Over all the discussion to him is over for now, eventually he is sure it may rear its ugly head, but for now lets keep the peace, work as a team and move to a safe location to recuperate.

Narayan
06-13-2014, 04:23 PM
looks at the Warmage and wonders if he heard anything about this one. He couldn't guess why would they be looking for him, but running isn't an option either way, unless he wants to make an exile or fool out of himself. If he is to guess the pair of warriors are more for persuasion, or intimidation, or just simply habit than to seize him. Either way, there is no reason to let them control the situation comfortably. If he is to be taken custody there is hardly much to lose, if it’s not about that, then the situation can be played with a bit, and isn't that a joy.

He stands up with his cup and goes ahead to meet the Warmage up close with a faint smile instead of waiting.
“Hi there!” He says, nods, and gives a small friendly touch on his arm as he shifts his position so while he is still facing him the warriors would feel awkward and out of place if they were to try surrounding him again.
“What can I do for you?” He says, raising his cup a bit as further greeting and scrutinizes the fellow for his intentions.

(Bardic lore about the warmage: 24 )

At first you cannot make out the identity of the Warmage who still wears his hood up, but you can tell at first by his body language that he is surprised to be approached in such a fearless manner. As you step up close to him however, you do glimpse his face within his hood, though it remains concealed from the rest of the tavern. Warmages in positions of leadership all shave their heads as is custom.

You recognize this Warmage as Izel Atharas, a senior member of the Warmage council in his late forties. Izel is known to be critical of Sargen's leadership and protested when Sargen was chosen over him by the head shaman as the next chief. Izel remains very influential within the Warmage council, and dangerous without. Over the years, suspicious accidents and disappearances have occurred against his enemies. Rumor even has it chief Sargen has called secret votes to outcast him from the council but always fails to achieve the required majority. Many within the tribe feel that Izel would make a better chief and there are those on the council who agree.

The pair of warriors at his sides are also surprised by your apparent fearlessness and familiarity with the Warmage. They quickly make it obvious they interpret that as a sign of blatant disrespect.

Guard 1: "How dare you touch a Warmage!" The first one mutters in surprised disbelief, though he still attempts to keep his voice down.

Guard 2: "BOW YOUR HEAD YOU CURR!" The second says more loudly and sternly, placing a hand on the deadly-looking pick hanging from his belt.

The warrior caste is easily recognizable by their outrageous hairstyles. Different families within the caste sport a variety of mohawks, dreadlocks, braids, and any other hairstyle you can imagine. The warrior caste prides themselves on bravery and makes little effort to armor themselves as well as the Warmages do. Instead they favor various bits of toughened hides and furs that won't hamper their mobility much and strap pieces of bone, steel, or corded bracers on their arms and legs that also come in handy to bruise or batter their foes in unarmed combat.

Most warriors on patrol duty favor bows and spears carrying smaller hand-held martial weapons for close-quarters combat. Those on guard duty tend to carry heavier hand-held weapons that serve better for intimidation purposes. Guard #1 carries a wicked looking battleaxe, and you would guess they both carry a dagger or two concealed somewhere for backup.

Each of them is heavily muscled and scarred from years of harsh training and combat. You'd be hard-pressed to handle one of them alone. Together, these warriors would easily outmatch you. Izel himself of course would personally have no trouble dispatching you knowing what you do about his arcane prowess.

Izel: {Calmly lifts his hand ordering restraint from the warriors, as you watch a smirk play across his face.} "I would have words with you Ersun Durim... in privacy." He says softly so as not to be easily overheard.

[What do you do?]

Zemile
06-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon appears to be telling the truth insofar as he knows it. "I require a guide via some route that is available, sewers will do fine. I have some limited means to defend myself, I hope it will be unnecessary to fight, but I was not expecting to higher guards so I do not expect you to protect me. If you could steer me away from trouble, that would be preferred. At the moment I am in need of a one way trip. I have no idea where I will be going next, if the trip goes well and you would like to stick around for the possibility of another trip in some other direction, negotiations for that leg of the journey would be entirely separate from this one. My cousin is not expecting me, nor do I expect to find him there. I only know he was there at some point, and I need to track him down, this is the only clue I have right now. Wrusk is not expecting me, but it is a shop and thus in theory open to visitors during business hours. I don't expect any trouble at the tannery, I only wish to ask a few questions and hopefully be on my way." Kromedon is pleased that the questions are clear and robust, the mark of a regular in this sort of business.

Narayan
06-13-2014, 05:46 PM
It's always darkest before the dawn, they say. But to Burrai's eyes, it's always at it's most colorless. There's little here between his little home and the town of Cabarda: Scruffs of grass flicking in the breeze; clusters of bushes, huddled together as though scared; here and there the dark pools of burrows and the occasional furtive shadows of rodents. He and Elloral stomp through the grass lands, short legs make the distance longer, but easier to endure.

"Pay it no mind." He shrugs. The comfortable weight of his awe swings back and forth at his hip. "It's not the first time I've had to start over. Won't be the last. Perhaps if we see to this mess quickly the moths wont have chewed away my books." He shrugs, aware of the sad twist to Elloral's features. She always cared to deeply - what loss to him was wood and books when he'd already lost his family.

"We'll find beds for the rest of the night. In the morning I'll look for Jabbar. He's an old smuggler, and has a way of gathering contacts without seeming to do anything. He might or might not help, but it's a start. Our paths have crossed before and I've done him no slight. Despite his history, there's honor in him."

Elloral nods, and falls silent, perhaps choked by guilt. Burrai shrugs to himself - there's nothing he can do to help with that. It's her burden, hoisted on her own shoulders.

The few miles roll by with the wind whispering ceaselessly in their ears, each with their own thoughts. Burrai turns the events of this night over in his mind, but whatever secrets they hold, he can't divine them. Whatever the Dark Network wanted with him, and whatever they thought he may stumble upon that warranted executing his family, time had hidden from him. He felt old, like those years were his youth, sloughed off so long ago like fresh skin, leaving only gnarled scars behind. Lost in these thoughts he barely noticed as Cadarba loomed out of the night before them.

Hundreds of torches burning along Cabarda's twelve foot outer wall surround glowing lamps along its streets, giving definition to the bulk and shape of the town from a distance in the dark. It is fairly large town with a population close to six thousand. The road passes through the middle with two large gates at the east and west ends. The western gate is closer and the terminus of the trail from your cottage.

Moving out of the hills now you approach campfires and tents, wagons and camels which make up the camps of merchants and travelers who didn't quite reach the gates before sunset. Voices and laughter can be heard from those who never slept or rise early, as are the snores and complaints of those still trying to slumber.

A voice speaking dwarven calls out to the pair of you from one of those campfires closest to your trail with two tents and several pack mules staked nearby.

Male Dwarven Voice: -Speaking Dwarven- "Hello! Who goes there?" It asks.

Elloral: {Calls back to the firelight} -Speaking Dwarven- "I am Elloral Wiseheart, Cleric of Valkauna."

Male Dwarven Voice: "Well met! Come warm yourselves by the fire if you wish?" The voice offers.

Elloral: {Looks to you} "Shall we Burrai? Will they even let us in the gates before dawn?"

[The gates technically should remain closed until dawn (unless you have papers signed by the Merchant Lord giving special permission) but there's a chance you might be able to bribe your way in mentioning the name of Noro or Jabbar as they are both known to keep guards on the payroll. However, not knowing which guards means there's a good chance you might ask the wrong one and get yourselves arrested.]

[What do you do?]

p3sent
06-13-2014, 06:43 PM
A puppet and a goon, that’s what that pair is. It is a shame that most people never realize their own potential and box themselves in into their limited view of options. Not that people like that don't have their own uses, they are serving a specific purpose right now, whichever it might be.
If this man approaches him in person, then it’s probably not for just for some idle chat. It might have to do something with the outsiders, or something taking advantage of their appearance. Anyway, best not to make him wait for too long.

“There are a few options for that, should we get something for you too?” He says with a nod and shows his cup, then gestures at one of the more secluded tables with his gaze as one of the possible locations to talk at.

He has been already seen talking to him, so if he indeed only wants to discuss something that should not be a problem. Somehow he had the feeling that won’t be the case. Either way, it is a rare opportunity to get to know someone of such caliber and he had way too many wild guesses about this one to waste it.
He chose to meet in person instead of sending for him, and chose to do so with guards accompanying him. Both of those should be unnecessary, so it could be a calculated move to emphasize something, or it could be just a blunt show of arrogance that people of power tend to have. He wouldn’t even be surprised if he’d be a secret hand of Sargen, knowing the chief’s reputation.

Narayan
06-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon appears to be telling the truth insofar as he knows it. "I require a guide via some route that is available, sewers will do fine. I have some limited means to defend myself, I hope it will be unnecessary to fight, but I was not expecting to higher guards so I do not expect you to protect me. If you could steer me away from trouble, that would be preferred. At the moment I am in need of a one way trip. I have no idea where I will be going next, if the trip goes well and you would like to stick around for the possibility of another trip in some other direction, negotiations for that leg of the journey would be entirely separate from this one. My cousin is not expecting me, nor do I expect to find him there. I only know he was there at some point, and I need to track him down, this is the only clue I have right now. Wrusk is not expecting me, but it is a shop and thus in theory open to visitors during business hours. I don't expect any trouble at the tannery, I only wish to ask a few questions and hopefully be on my way." Kromedon is pleased that the questions are clear and robust, the mark of a regular in this sort of business.

Samad: {Nods thoughtfully} -Speaking Common- "I can get you to the tannery, avoiding the greatest danger through the sewers, but shops usually close early if a city-wide alarm has been raised and Wrusk may not answer his door. Assuming he doesn't, that'll mean you'll have to head elsewhere, in which case we should discuss the possibility of a secondary destination, and the extra costs that requires?"

"My fee for getting you to the tannery as a one-way trip is 20gp, paid up front. If I have to pay bribes to get us there safely, I will use that gold to pay for those. If the costs of bribes exceeds my fee I will cover them to save our necks but I may ask to be reimbursed for the difference. Are those terms agreeable to you?"

Zemile
06-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon nods as he agrees to the terms. "Those terms are reasonable. I am new to this city and don't know it at all, if you know of a reasonable inn near to the Tannery that is likely to have a room and a good meal, then that would make a good choice for a secondary destination. Once we arrive safely I will make sure you are properly compensated for any extra unforeseen difficulties. Unless you need time to prepare, I am ready to depart promptly."

Narayan
06-14-2014, 10:07 PM
took this opportunity to race back with the other patrons heading to the rear door. In the commotion he diverts towards the downwards staircase and the rest of the party.

~I hope Ziya didn't get caught up out there~

Those thoughts troubled his mind but in his urgency he needed to respond and quick, like so many other high pressure situations in the past demanded of him. He enters the storeroom and opens the door above the stairwell into the cellar to let his voice through, though wastes no time to actually step down into the cellar.

"City watch here! Find way out, I distract. No worry bout me, full moon tonight. Find me morning..."

With those words he rushes back out of the storeroom intending to go back to the common room.

~Kitesvara's blessing, They will not find them on my watch.~

As you rush out of the storeroom the backdoor of the tavern has already been opened by some of the patrons in a panic hoping to evade arrest. However, the city watch has apparently already anticipated this and has men waiting out back. You see a total of six city watchmen led by a sergeant. Since three patrons attempted to flee out the back all six watchmen are busy grappling them and putting them in shackles. You overhear one of the watchmen speak to the sergeant.

City Watchman #1: "Sergeant, are you sure these aren't the ones we came for?"

City Watch Sergeant: {Shakes his head} "No, she told me they would be a strange mix of races... including two kobolds, a pale Katanese girl with a fox, an old Caishian man, a wood elf, one local Akhenaten, a big Ahuran, a Wroman with a wolf, one other human foreigner, and the corpse of a half-dwarf."

City Watchman #1: "That's quite a haul!"

City Watch Sergeant:{Grunts} "Which is why we had to requisition two wagons. She owes us big for this!"

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]

Daydreaming
06-15-2014, 09:10 PM
"City watch here! Find way out, I distract. No worry bout me, full moon tonight. Find me morning..."

Emiko's thoughts are interrupted when she hears Xiaolong's warning. She quickly looks to Purusartha.

"Who did your friend Thiara say will be coming to help us? What should we do?!" She says urgently to Purusartha. "Didn't you say she told us to: remain calm and take no aggressive action, despite what our instincts warn us ? Would she have sent those city watchmen?"

Narayan
06-15-2014, 09:23 PM
A puppet and a goon, that’s what that pair is. It is a shame that most people never realize their own potential and box themselves in into their limited view of options. Not that people like that don't have their own uses, they are serving a specific purpose right now, whichever it might be.

If this man approaches him in person, then it’s probably not for just for some idle chat. It might have to do something with the outsiders, or something taking advantage of their appearance. Anyway, best not to make him wait for too long.

“There are a few options for that, should we get something for you too?” He says with a nod and shows his cup, then gestures at one of the more secluded tables with his gaze as one of the possible locations to talk at.

He has been already seen talking to him, so if he indeed only wants to discuss something that should not be a problem. Somehow he had the feeling that won’t be the case. Either way, it is a rare opportunity to get to know someone of such caliber and he had way too many wild guesses about this one to waste it.

He chose to meet in person instead of sending for him, and chose to do so with guards accompanying him. Both of those should be unnecessary, so it could be a calculated move to emphasize something, or it could be just a blunt show of arrogance that people of power tend to have. He wouldn’t even be surprised if he’d be a secret hand of Sargen, knowing the chief’s reputation.

Izel: {Follows your gaze to a more secluded table and nods to you indicating that will suffice.} "Wait outside..." He says to the pair of warriors who give you a warning stare before they move to obey. {Gestures to you to lead the way to the other table.}

After you move across the tavern and seat yourselves again, a serving girl approaches hesitantly. Izel turns his head over his shoulder towards her ever so slightly to indicate his expectation for her to take his order.

Izel: "Bring me a cup of blackfruit cider..." He orders her with a dismissive tone. The girl nods and steps away quickly.

Izel gives you his full attention then, staring calmly at you from beneath the hood... his gaze heavy with authority, confidence, and a great potential for violence. You have no trouble sensing this man is dangerous, calculating, and judgmental. What you can't tell yet is how honest he is. His face is cold and hard to read. A mask of flesh worn by a master of espionage and interrogation. His voice is deep, slow, and carefully measured... every word spoken with sharp clarity and sense.

Izel: "I thought it was time we met Ersun... You may not know this, but I've had people watching you ever since your encounter with the Mind Flayer. One can't be too careful with those creatures... I suspected it only let you live because it infiltrated your mind somehow and erased your memory. I presumed you couldn't be trusted. I feared you might be a spy of sorts... or worse. ...I even called for a vote to have you imprisoned and interrogated more thoroughly, but Sargen spoke against the notion. Now after all these years, I admit I was probably wrong about that."

"However, my surveillance wasn't without worth. We wouldn't be having this conversation if I didn't know you as well as I do. I had a hunch you were a devious person Ersun and over the years you've proven my hunch correct. Maybe you aren't a Mind Flayer puppet, but you have the mind of a man like me, a man who see's all the angles...I can see you already analyzing me, deducing why I'm here. What do your instincts tell you? Guess correctly and I'll buy you a drink."

Just then the serving girl returns with Izel's drink giving you a few moments to think about what you're going to say. Izel meantime pays the girl with a pair of silver coins which is a generous tip.

[Ersun: What do you do?]

p3sent
06-16-2014, 05:23 PM
He casually fidgets with his own cup a bit while running it through his head. Maybe he is speaking honestly, maybe he isn't. It is a plausible story, but exactly because of that could also be a ploy. He sighs, can’t see that yet, for now there should be no harm in indulging him anyway.

“A drink, that is cheap for a peek into the workings of my mind, but do let me indulge you.” He says with a smirk, and as Izel receives his cup he raies his own with a silent cheers and takes another sip.

“Two questions come into mind: Why me, and why now? Since you seem to have known me for a few years by now, the cause must be something recent. So, for the why now my pick will be the trespassing scouts that got caught recently.”

He starts playing with a copper coin on his knuckles nonchalantly and strokes his beard as It is somewhat annoying to be staring down the path to pawnhood. Although there are other paths, there always are, he just has to tread carefully.

“As for why me, the more precise question is probably what is that I can do for you? We might indeed have similar minds, but you don’t need another one of that, you have yourself. So, what else is there about me?” He leans a bit forward onto the table and keeps taking slow, small sips from the cup.

“Or, what is that I can do but you can’t, or anyone that you already have? You have your place, your station, you are bound here, so to speak. I think you need me to go somewhere with my thoughts and skills, since a simple hunter or merchant won’t do. It’s probably something subtler or more intricate than their fields of expertise.” He explains his train of thoughts and puts down the coin.

Maybe he rambled a bit too much, and he could still be wrong too. He sure can imagine worse scenarios, for example the ways Izel might try to force his influence on him, but better not give the man ideas and details like that.

“Am I close enough?” He tilts his head slightly and waits for the response.

Hillsy
06-16-2014, 06:54 PM
{Looks to you} "Shall we Burrai? Will they even let us in the gates before dawn?"



Burrai takes a long look at Elloral. The exhaustion in her eyes is clear, rimmed with the last dregs of fear and exhilaration from the fight. She may command power bestowed from the divine gods, but she isn't a hardened warrior. Cold unfeeling cogs churn in his mind: What mistakes might she make while walking the ragged edge of her remaining strength? A wrong word and the recently spurned Farrik might just, out of spite, drag him into a cell. The reason wouldn't matter, but word getting out that Burrai Steelborn was a guest at the Merchant-Lord's pleasure might just tempt another blade to be drawn against him in the dark. Unarmed, cornered in a cell? He was no fool to think he stood a chance. Plus he'd sell his soul to the darkest demons if the journal in Farrik's hands wouldn't cause trouble. He'd stared at those pages, the writhing words and the power laying behind them. No, caution may be best.

Burrai leans close to Elloral. "You have the journal safe?" She nods. "Where?" Elloral turns to hide her body - ~clever~ - and pats the small scrip at her left hip, an unremarkable pouch many priests carry. All he'd have to do would be to leave little gap between him and the journal. And here amongst the drowsing guards and weary travellers, the only attack that stood a chance would require force they would have employed at his house, should the Dark Network have it to call upon. Though strangers and darkness lay all around, here they were safe.

With a gesture Burrai guides Elloral to the fire, careful to stay close. "My thanks for your hospitality. The night wind is cold, and my bones lack the warmth of youth". As he sits he is careful to place his axe flat beneath his crossed legs - a clear sign to any dwarf: I am armed, but come in peace. "I'd offer ale or brandy, boar or bread, but as you see," he pats his light pack, "I carry none of those."

Elloral sits down beside him careful to keep the journal between them. As the fire's heat chases away the nip and bite of the wind, Burrai takes an careful look at the Dwarf offering them a share of his fire.

Shun001
06-16-2014, 07:46 PM
As you rush out of the storeroom the backdoor of the tavern has already been opened by some of the patrons in a panic hoping to evade arrest. However, the city watch has apparently already anticipated this and has men waiting out back. You see a total of six city watchmen led by a sergeant. Since three patrons attempted to flee out the back all six watchmen are busy grappling them and putting them in shackles. You overhear one of the watchmen speak to the sergeant.

City Watchman #1: "Sergeant, are you sure these aren't the ones we came for?"

City Watch Sergeant: {Shakes his head} "No, she told me they would be a strange mix of races... including two kobolds, a pale Katanese girl with a fox, an old Caishian man, a wood elf, one local Akhenaten, a big Ahuran, a Wroman with a wolf, one other human foreigner, and the corpse of a half-dwarf."

City Watchman #1: "That's quite a haul!"

City Watch Sergeant:{Grunts} "Which is why we had to requisition two wagons. She owes us big for this!"

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]

Xiaolong stands taken aback by what he had just overheard

~there is no way... how do they know about me in the group. Time has been to short and Kietsvara willing knows I wasn't myself for a good section of the time. Divination sounds like a cause, how careless could we all be. but even so we had non detect cast on us so how could they nail our descriptions and location so well...~

Xiaolong is in a bit of shock, he wasn't the most keen on tactics, that was Bo's department. This struck him as an extremely odd predicament and threw his whole drunk charade out the window. Xiaolong though upon the subject heavily on how he could make an opening for the party.

~If I go back and tell them of this news I risk exposing them, though If I ran out as a distraction since they probably know who I am by now I would not warrant the whole company of guards to chase me down.~

Xiaolong's head was murky with alcohol but in his vice he was also at his clearest state.

~I can't fight them with fist but I may be able to misdirect them with words~

Xiaolong put on a smile as he puts the tankard of ale down and approaches the guards arms raised in the air.

"you have the me, may ask why though?"
[Diplomacy = 14]

Narayan
06-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon nods as he agrees to the terms. "Those terms are reasonable. I am new to this city and don't know it at all, if you know of a reasonable inn near to the Tannery that is likely to have a room and a good meal, then that would make a good choice for a secondary destination. Once we arrive safely I will make sure you are properly compensated for any extra unforeseen difficulties. Unless you need time to prepare, I am ready to depart promptly."

Samad: {Nods} "I will put the job into motion as soon as you show me the gold." He says. After you place the gold on the table Samad calls over to Porso. "Porso, please find the others and scout the route to Wrusks tannery, quick as you can."

Porso: "Yes master!" The Rhat answers, moving to open a hidden trapdoor in the center of the cellar floor. Beneath it another stairwell descends into the earth where a tunnel has been dug.

Zhānrén: "Be careful!" She urges the Rhat before he closes the trapdoor again above him. Then she moves to sit at the table with you. "Porso isn't getting any younger Samad. He shouldn't be scouting anymore. Can't you let others do that?"

Samad: {chuckles} "Are you offering to take his place? I'm not getting any younger either you know, thanks for noticing..."

Zhānrén: {smirks} "You can't afford me, and odds are you will outlive me anyway you old fool!"

Samad: {waves his hand dismissively}"Other Rhats aren't as trustworthy as old Porso. I do my best to provide a good life for him, but the fact is he has to do that so I don't have too. My family needs me more then they need him."

Zhānrén: "Well I'll be going along with you when Porso gets back. I owe this dwarf a favor so it's the least I can do. But since we'll be waiting here for a little while, has your wife made any food we can share in the meantime?"

Samad: {Nods} "I believe she has, I'll go up and bring something back. What do you prefer to drink Dwarf?" He asks.

Zhānrén: {chuckles} "Something strong. He had this first taste of Baiju earlier!"

Samad: {groans and shakes his head} "Ugh! So sorry for you dwarf... she tries to get everyone to drink that piss! I have something much better don't worry."

Samad then rises from his table to leave the cellar.

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

Zemile
06-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon offers Samad half a grin when he calls Baiju piss. "I could do with something good, spirits over wine if you have them. Baiju was amusing, but not something for relaxing and drinking, it's for a rowdier place than this." He then settles in to wait, taking his backpack off and leaning back into his chair.

Narayan
06-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Emiko's thoughts are interrupted when she hears Xiaolong's warning. She quickly looks to Purusartha.

"Who did your friend Thiara say will be coming to help us? What should we do?!" She says urgently to Purusartha. "Didn't you say she told us to: remain calm and take no aggressive action, despite what our instincts warn us ? Would she have sent those city watchmen?"

Purusartha: "Hard to believe so many city watch would betray the Baron, but Thiara appears to have a surprising level of influence. We'll have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Get ready for battle! If this goes wrong we'll be fleeing for our lives."

"Follow me!" He says as soon as everyone is on their feet, leading the way up the cellar stairs into the storeroom.

[Everyone in the cellar: What do you do?]

Behind the Drunken Fool______________________________________________ _______________________




Xiaolong put on a smile as he puts the tankard of ale down and approaches the guards arms raised in the air.

"you have the me, may ask why though?"
[Diplomacy = 14]

The city watch sergeant eyes Xiaolong as he steps out the back of the Drunken Fool.

City Watchman #1: "That looks like an old Caishian to me sergeant."

City Watch Sergeant: "Yes it does. Take these three out the front and leave them in the street."

The three shackled men look baffled, expecting to be tossed into the back of the carts. Yet even having avoided that, there really is no hope for them. Other city watch will pick them up out on the main street very shortly no doubt. Two of the city watch take the three men in chains out the front entrance to the tavern, leaving four remaining with the sergeant.

City Watch Sergeant: {Speaks to Xiaolong} "A mutual benefactor sent me to take you and your friends to safety."

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]

rtcvb32
06-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Either they were being backstabbed or saved it seemed. Sauel himself was too tired, although on the threat of death of course you would fight until your last breath. But which was this? "Rabi.. Stay close..." Sauel tells his wolf companion before following. For now following Purusartha's lead seemed best. In a minute or less he would know if they should just dart for safety, fight, or... ~or what?~

Shun001
06-18-2014, 02:13 AM
Behind the Drunken Fool______________________________________________ _______________________

The city watch sergeant eyes Xiaolong as he steps out the back of the Drunken Fool.

City Watchman #1: "That looks like an old Caishian to me sergeant."

City Watch Sergeant: "Yes it does. Take these three out the front and leave them in the street."

The three shackled men look baffled, expecting to be tossed into the back of the carts. Yet even having avoided that, there really is no hope for them. Other city watch will pick them up out on the main street very shortly no doubt. Two of the city watch take the three men in chains out the front entrance to the tavern, leaving four remaining with the sergeant.

City Watch Sergeant: {Speaks to Xiaolong} "A mutual benefactor sent me to take you and your friends to safety."

[Xiaolong: What do you do?]


Xiaolong looks at one of the men with shackles and approaches him with his arms forwards allowing the man, who stands there slightly confused at Xiaolong's willingness to be taken, to cuff him.

"You have me, but how know proof the sender you?" Xiaolong questions the sergeant's sincerity searching his expression for any signs that would reveal the truth
[sense motive= 28]

Xiaolong readied himself to resist should the Sergeant provide an unsatisfactory answer, even cuffed Xiaolong was still a well armed man.

voidoblivion
06-18-2014, 06:32 AM
~draconic~ stay calm and follow my lead, we will not be resiting, it is part of the plan. He turns and waits to follow the others out, giving no resistance.

Narayan
06-18-2014, 09:09 PM
He casually fidgets with his own cup a bit while running it through his head. Maybe he is speaking honestly, maybe he isn't. It is a plausible story, but exactly because of that could also be a ploy. He sighs, can’t see that yet, for now there should be no harm in indulging him anyway.

“A drink, that is cheap for a peek into the workings of my mind, but do let me indulge you.” He says with a smirk, and as Izel receives his cup he raies his own with a silent cheers and takes another sip.

“Two questions come into mind: Why me, and why now? Since you seem to have known me for a few years by now, the cause must be something recent. So, for the why now my pick will be the trespassing scouts that got caught recently.”

He starts playing with a copper coin on his knuckles nonchalantly and strokes his beard as It is somewhat annoying to be staring down the path to pawnhood. Although there are other paths, there always are, he just has to tread carefully.

“As for why me, the more precise question is probably what is that I can do for you? We might indeed have similar minds, but you don’t need another one of that, you have yourself. So, what else is there about me?” He leans a bit forward onto the table and keeps taking slow, small sips from the cup.

“Or, what is that I can do but you can’t, or anyone that you already have? You have your place, your station, you are bound here, so to speak. I think you need me to go somewhere with my thoughts and skills, since a simple hunter or merchant won’t do. It’s probably something subtler or more intricate than their fields of expertise.” He explains his train of thoughts and puts down the coin.

Maybe he rambled a bit too much, and he could still be wrong too. He sure can imagine worse scenarios, for example the ways Izel might try to force his influence on him, but better not give the man ideas and details like that.

“Am I close enough?” He tilts his head slightly and waits for the response.

Izel smiles a smile of perverse satisfaction, nothing good or humorous about it.

Izel: "Yes you guessed well. Capturing those scouts is the catalyst for this meeting. I can't be in two places at once so I'm asking you to undertake a mission essential for tribal security in my stead. I can't use my regular people because this mission has to be a secret from the rest of the Warmage council."

He pauses then, watching signs of suspicion knit themselves into your features.

"Yes I realize I'm asking you to break laws in the purely technical sense... but you and I are men of imagination am I right? We need more than quaint ideas of morality to keep us safe in such a dangerous place. Laws have their place, but they can't always serve as well as our own instincts."

"You've lived all these years with the stain of Shala's death on your reputation. I'm offering you a chance to earn the gratitude of the whole tribe and achieve esteem much like your brother Enkir has... but if that's not enough, what else can I offer you?"

[Ersun: What do you do?]

Narayan
06-18-2014, 11:37 PM
With a gesture Burrai guides Elloral to the fire, careful to stay close. "My thanks for your hospitality. The night wind is cold, and my bones lack the warmth of youth". As he sits he is careful to place his axe flat beneath his crossed legs - a clear sign to any dwarf: I am armed, but come in peace. "I'd offer ale or brandy, boar or bread, but as you see," he pats his light pack, "I carry none of those."

Elloral sits down beside him careful to keep the journal between them. As the fire's heat chases away the nip and bite of the wind, Burrai takes an careful look at the Dwarf offering them a share of his fire.

The dwarf who would be your host is middle-aged with darkly tanned skin and a reddish-brown beard spotted with grey. He is taller then four feet, unarmored, with plain garments rough worn from many miles on the road. He avoids the worst of the wind huddling within a heavy traveling cloak seated on a folding wooden chair next to a small folding wooden table. By the look of him he is a Hill Dwarf but not much of a warrior. His only weapons appear to be a small hand axe and a dagger besides the light crossbow leaned against his chair. He stands and smiles at you welcoming you to the camp.

From the look of his gear and provisions this fellow is well settled for life on the road. The two tents are masterwork quality, sturdily made from treated canvas, good for keeping warm during cold desert nights and capable of standing against sand storms that would tear lighter fabrics to shreds. Near the fire is a stack of cleverly-made folding chairs, a barrel of fresh water complete with hand-pump and spigot, and a trio of iron pots hangs from a masterwork iron rigging that can be swung over the fire for cooking... though the pots at this point have long since cooled.

There is a steaming cup of what must be black-tea in the hill dwarf's hands however, with the originating teakettle on the table beside his chair.

Hill Dwarf: "If it is food or drink you want, I am well provisioned! I am Rol HearthBrother of Andar. My partner Gilbur is resting, as you can figure from the snores." {chuckles} "We are craftsman and traders, though not much for warriors... unlike yourselves by the looks of it!" {gestures to your weapons and armor}

Elloral: {Shrugs} "The hills can be dangerous away from the road, we do our best to be prepared. This is Burrai Steelborn. We're old friends from the mountain town of Bofain."

Rol: {Nods} "I believe I have passed through that town once or twice, though my kin are not so fond of Torgrimms Dwarfholds as you likely are, no offense."

Elloral: {Laughs} "We aren't that fond of it either lately to be honest."

Rol: {Shares in the laugh} "Humble hill dwarves like myself aren't so proud as your mountain clans. We like to live simple lives but we still take an interest in your ways. This present king of yours, Ervar GemKeeper, is said to be sickly and likely to have a short reign. We also hear the warrior clans are clamoring to have another one of their own on the throne?"

Elloral: {Shrugs dismissively} "It is late and I have no patience to speak of politics. We have bigger worries weighing on our minds I'm afraid..."

Rol: {Looks closer at the both of you with interest.} "Do tell? Any conversation is better then none when I draw the short-straw for watch duty!" {chuckles}

Elloral: {cringes for mentioning your troubles} "If I opened my gob Rol I'm not really sure you'd thank me for it? You seem like a nice fellow, I'd hate to spoil a fresh friendship with sad tales or worry you with whispers of evil."

Rol: {grins} "How interesting! It sounds like you really have something noteworthy to speak of? I may not look tough, but I've lived my whole life in the shadow of Skull Mountain... I've witnessed and heard plenty of terrible things!"

[Burrai: What do you do?]

Narayan
06-18-2014, 11:56 PM
looks at one of the men with shackles and approaches him with his arms forwards allowing the man, who stands there slightly confused at Xiaolong's willingness to be taken, to cuff him.

"You have me, but how know proof the sender you?" Xiaolong questions the sergeant's sincerity searching his expression for any signs that would reveal the truth
[sense motive= 28]

Xiaolong readied himself to resist should the Sergeant provide an unsatisfactory answer, even cuffed Xiaolong was still a well armed man.

The watchmen do not attempt to seize you or put you in chains.

City Watch Sergeant: {smirks} "We won't shackle you unless you want us too? Our mysterious lady-benefactor told me to provide you with means to get across the city in these jail-wagons. On a day like this it's the perfect cover! But please, do us a favor old man, don't tell us anything we don't need to know! It's dangerous enough to betray the Baron as is, the last thing we want is to endanger ourselves further. Go get the others and keep quiet!"

[Xiaolong: Your Sense Motive check indicates this man is telling the truth. What do you do?]

Narayan
06-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Kromedon Broadbeard
Kromedon offers Samad half a grin when he calls Baiju piss. "I could do with something good, spirits over wine if you have them. Baiju was amusing, but not something for relaxing and drinking, it's for a rowdier place than this." He then settles in to wait, taking his backpack off and leaning back into his chair.

Zhānrén: "Don't worry, Samad has a fine taste for spirits... a taste he acquired during his former life as a wealthy merchant, before the Vulfear confiscated everything. He took up smuggling after several years in prison. He said it only made sense to be a criminal after he already suffered for it as an innocent man. The real crime he said is what passes for law in this kingdom."

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

Daydreaming
06-19-2014, 03:24 AM
~Wait... what about Cael's body? We can't just leave him like this... It's not right...~

"What should we do about Cael's body? We can't just leave him here..." She states her question to the group.

(Once someone responds to offer a method of transporting the body, then what's written below comes next.)

Emiko follows Purusartha's lead, with her pack secure on her back and makeshift coverings in place.

~One can only hope we don't have to fight for a short while at least. I do need to rest some time...~

p3sent
06-19-2014, 06:46 AM
He smirks, and raises a finger to grab his attention, and then points at the counter without actually looking there. Surely Izel wouldn’t already forget a promise he just made, but there is no harm in a soft reminder.

Afterwards he just looks at the warmage for a while, with crossed arms on the table, letting the silence hang between them. He could’ve thought of better places than sitting at a table, legs are usually a good hint of one’s state of mind, one most people don’t think of, but here they remain hidden.

Anyway, there is clearly something more and fishy about this indeed. If there wouldn’t be Izel wouldn’t try to court him like this, and what could be the reason not to let the council know.

~Tread carefully Ersun, keep your attention but don’t force it, that’d be obvious and you’d see signs where there’s none.~

“No one knows of this, not even Sargen?” He is curious if the name will show anything on Izel’s face, given their history. He musingly watches him a bit and then nods as he goes on with his further questions.

“So, what’s behind all the secrecy and what is that exactly I should do?” He says as he counts his two questions on his fingers, and then folds back his arms as they were. He softly taps the table with two fingers every second or so behind his forearm to enhance the sense of time’s passing, maybe he’ll think less about his answers then.

He should start curling the conversation around his fingers now, smoothly, without bravado, maybe he’ll even manage. Half of the power behind authority actually comes from people’s belief in it, it’s just another kind of illusion, although knowing that doesn’t change the fact that playing with it can be risky.

(Sense Motive check: 15)
(Diplomacy check: 13)

Narayan
06-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Izel gets the hint and summons the serving girl over again to take another order from you on his behalf. Meanwhile he sips on his blackfruit cider until she walks away again.

Izel: (Bluff Check: = 18) "Ersun, I understand your curiosity but it's safer for you that you don't know everything. Don't worry about the chief, he isn't the one asking you for anything. Besides, I already said in not so many words that I will make it worth your while to ignore the laws for as long as you're working for me. Rest assured, the ends justify the means.... what laws you break now won't matter in the end. You will be doing the tribe a great service!"

"As you likely know, my role in the council is foreign investigations... which basically means I have very little authority but a great deal of responsibility. I am expected to apprise the tribe of enemies abroad and anticipate their attacks. Those scouts we captured recently are very interesting to us because they hail from the surface..."

He pauses again as the serving girl returns with your next drink. Izel pays for it of course and resumes your discussion once she's left earshot.

"...It seems rumors of our races stealthy attributes has earned us distant admirers. They sent these scouts to locate us before they risk sending an emissary to negotiate a possible alliance. It is a great opportunity for the tribe, but it is also a great risk. I advised against permitting any foreign emissary into our domain until we know more about who we're dealing with. That's where you come in Ersun."

"The reason behind all this secrecy are my suspicions that there are indeed Mind Flayer spies among us, perhaps even at the highest levels! I've kept this mission secret from the council because I fear the Mind Flayers might decide to destroy us rather then permit us powerful allies. As far as the council knows, we are awaiting word from this emissary about possible talks."

"The truth is I have already spoken to this emissary at some length. I've arranged for you to go visit her realm as a gesture of good faith. I want you to learn all you can about her and this Kingdom of Vulkh she hails from. Meanwhile, I'll do my best to keep the council in the dark about your mission and buy you time to explore and gather information."

"When the time is right, I will send for you to explain what you've learned to the council so everyone will know what's at stake. Hopefully by then, we'll have convinced this emissary to lend us aid and support if my worst fears are realized. What do you say Ersun?"

[Ersun: Your Sense Motive Check is inadequate to detect what he's lying about, but it's close enough to sense that he is probably capable of lying to you and getting away with it. What do you do?]

p3sent
06-19-2014, 06:57 PM
He takes a sip into his new mushroom wine of some quality, worlds apart from the cheap ones, but now he has two cups in front of him. Mind flayer spies, foriegn emissary from Vulk, traveling to Vulk, that‘s a lot to get one’s head around. He shifts his gaze onto the table and resumes playing with the coin.

“I come and go often enough not to make it unusual if I’d be gone for a while again, although I’d be expected to say a few farewells and pack up.” He says with a nod, although that’s not really the part that requires thinking. Mind flayers, is there any truth behind that, or is it just to goad him, he does hate mind flayers after all. They creep the hell out of him.

“Gathering information meanwhile… It sounds like she isn’t just an emissary but some important figure. I will be with her right? By learning I assume I should evaluate their trustworthiness and reliability. Sounds like you two are working up a pact or alliance.”

That does sound simple enough, yet he is making it sound very ominous. Maybe the job made poor Izel a bit paranoid and he is seeing shadows everywhere. Maybe he is trying to emphasize the importance of the job for whatever reason. But if anything, it sounds like he is making a personal alliance rather than one between tribes.

“... What is at stake exactly, and how?” He says, although he expects a story about mind flayer conspiracy, or being told it’s safer not to know once again, like he’ll take that. He himself tries to put together the happenings of the last years meanwhile, maybe he’ll notice something underlying. It makes him want to look into those disappearances surrounding Izel a bit to know better who he is dealing with.

(Bardic Lore about the Kingdom of Vulk: 21)

Narayan
06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
“I come and go often enough not to make it unusual if I’d be gone for a while again, although I’d be expected to say a few farewells and pack up.”

Izel: {plainly nods} "I'm sure you can arrange an excuse to be away for a little while."


“Gathering information meanwhile… It sounds like she isn’t just an emissary but some important figure. I will be with her right? By learning I assume I should evaluate their trustworthiness and reliability. Sounds like you two are working up a pact or alliance.”

Izel: "That's correct, I gather she is someone of some importance. I don't know how their leadership is structured exactly, but I expect she holds a rank similar to my own. I referred to her as an 'emissary' only because she is the first person I have met from her kingdom. Evaluate her and everything else as best you can. Yes we are working on an alliance, that's why I'm asking you to do this. Haven't you been listening?!" He adds with some annoyance.


“... What is at stake exactly, and how?”

Izel: {chuckles} "You don't really expect me to confide everything to you at this point do you Ersun? Do well on this mission and I may tell you more, not before! It's up to you to earn my trust and prove your worth. Now lets talk compensation... I don't expect you to do this for nothing. What is your price?"

[Ersun: Your Bardic Lore check is enough to have heard a few things about the Kingdom of Vulkh. First, it is ruled by a vicious avian race called the Vul. Second, it was founded about a thousand years ago. Third, you heard that all other races are subservient to the Vul and many of the local humans are enslaved. What do you do?]

Shun001
06-20-2014, 10:35 AM
The watchmen do not attempt to seize you or put you in chains.

City Watch Sergeant: {smirks} "We won't shackle you unless you want us too? Our mysterious lady-benefactor told me to provide you with means to get across the city in these jail-wagons. On a day like this it's the perfect cover! But please, do us a favor old man, don't tell us anything we don't need to know! It's dangerous enough to betray the Baron as is, the last thing we want is to endanger ourselves further. Go get the others and keep quiet!"

[Xiaolong: Your Sense Motive check indicates this man is telling the truth. What do you do?]

Xiaolong smirks as he turns and takes a couple steps back towards the tavern, the then turns back to inform the guards

"no need worry, I no know what going on anyway!" and with that he laughed and ran into the tavern as fast as his legs could carry him. He dashed towards the storeroom announcing as he traveled down the stairs

"I find way out, come with Master of Northern Dog!" he beckons downs as he eventually moves to meet the group.

Narayan
06-20-2014, 06:42 PM
"What should we do about Cael's body? We can't just leave him here..." She states her question to the group.

Sher'Reek: "I have a bag of holding, we Kobolds use them a lot to transport larger items we would normally be incapable of carrying."

She produces the magical bag while some of you help to slide Cael's body inside. Then she places the bag back in its pouch where she normally carries it.


Xiaolong: "I find way out, come with Master of Northern Dog!" he beckons downs as he eventually moves to meet the group.

Purusartha: "Did she send the city watch to help?" After Xiaolong affirms that he leads you all out the back of the tavern where the city watch is waiting.

The city watch sergeant appears to be in his late thirties, standing rather short on stout legs with a confident stance. His belly protrudes over his sword belt indicating a vice for food and drink. His features are ugly, but not cruel. His cheeks are rough with stubble, his hair thinning, short-cropped and poorly trimmed. His demeanor isn't especially friendly, but nor is it threatening. He seems to be a calm and practically-minded man. Likely he has a talent for blending in and being easily ignored. He has the look of someone who is street-smart and easily underestimated. He carries his authority softly, without malice. Yet his men seem to respect and even admire him making it easy to wonder what he is capable of?

City Watch Sergeant: {Raises hand in greeting at Purusartha} "You must be the one she called the leader... of sorts. We will take you wherever you want to go. No questions asked... by either of us... you understand?"

Purusartha: (Sense Motive: = 18) {turns to address the rest of you, apparently convinced this is not a trap.} "I never thought I'd see the day the city watch actually offered to help hide anyone from the Vulkyrie."

City Watch Sergeant: "We shouldn't stand around like this, it attracts attention. Get in if you're coming." He says plainly, gesturing to the jail-wagons.

Purusartha: {looks to everyone and smiles} "Funny how on a day like this what seems like the worst idea is actually the best idea. Lets go!" {climbs into a jail wagon}

[Everyone: What do you do?]

rtcvb32
06-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Sauel follows Purusartha into the wagon, Rabi at his heels. This would be the second time in the last 6 hours or so he was in a wagon pretending to have been caught. There was little else to really consider, had he not been so tired he might have considered questioning the guard's reason or honesty, but he trusted Purusartha's judgement. "Alright Rabi, let's hope next stop is a bed we can sleep in for the night..."

Daydreaming
06-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Emiko follows Purusartha, respecting his judgement of the situation. She sits next to him inside the cart, not speaking a word.

voidoblivion
06-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Cred motions to Sheer to keep quiet and follow suit as he heads out following the others and quietly gets into the back of the wagon.

Shun001
06-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Xiaolong gives a nod of approval to the Seargeant

(in caishian) "Kietsvara bless, raise your family name to nobility for you serve your people with grace and honor!" he says quickly as he enters the back of the wagon.

"Thank all you!" he finishes in common.

Narayan
06-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Xiaolong gives a nod of approval to the Sergeant

-speaking Caishian- "Kietsvara bless, raise your family name to nobility for you serve your people with grace and honor!" he says quickly as he enters the back of the wagon.

"Thank all you!" he finishes in common.

The city watch sergeant furrows his brow quizzically at Xiaolong's strange foreign words but gets the gist that he is trying to convey thanks. He nods in acknowledgement, but does not reply as if he feels he doesn't deserve thanks. The other city watch look nervous and frightened but the sergeant remains calm, ready to accept whatever happens.

City Watch Sergeant: {shuts the rear doors to the jail-wagon after everyone has climbed inside} "I've left it unlocked." He says.

There is room for everyone to squeeze together in the back of one wagon, though it isn't comfortable by any means. Each wagon has three city watch aboard... one to handle the reigns up front on the bench, another sitting beside them holding a crossbow... the third hangs off the back of the wagon on a rail. The sergeant rides between the watchmen on the bench of the first wagon (the same one with all of you packed in the back). There is a small portal you can use to speak with them. Meanwhile the watchmen who went into the common room earlier return with others from the tavern to fill the second cart. In another minute the pair of jail wagons depart with full loads.

City Watch Sergeant: "Where are we going?" He asks from the bench. Purusartha tells him to take the cart near the park behind Wrusks Tannery, without actually mentioning Wrusks Tannery.

As the wagons move unto the main street they split in different directions so the captives in the other wagon won't glimpse you climbing out of this one. Riding in these jail wagons provides a good rolling vantage point to watch the carnage in the streets. Yes you remember how it was when the alarm raised last night, but seeing it all happen again in daylight is worse...

The scale of the mass arrests is truly frightening to behold. There are dozens more of these wagons rolling along the streets packed with unfortunate souls. Most likely, most of those carried away were taken simply because they were near at hand, regardless of how suspicious they looked. People everywhere are running, ducking, hiding, trying to avoid the reaching hands and clubs of the watch. Those who do manage to evade them don't get far with dozens of Vulkyrie perched on rooftops. They capture some, dropping down on them with nets, but mostly they just throw javelins, killing indiscriminately as if it were sport.

Palenrian pales as he stares through the bars.

Palenrian: "Is this all because you infiltrated the tower to rescue me?" He asks in a tone indicating he wants to vomit.

Shun001
06-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Xiaolong replies to Palenrian with a solemn look

"This problem be much worse leave you in, I see the city is a sick. Leave the people hide in fear no good. Sometime the bad people need to push make the good men stand up."

Xiaolong twiddled his thumbs dearly hoping for Ziya's safe return to the blades

"If we do part the right, good men stand up now, take back from the monster."

He looks at the group and begins to translate an old story

"Hero of wind and water come.
'Your home going burn' he warn
a town farmer ask 'you master of wind why not blow out?'
he reply 'I can't blow out for wind of voice fall on deaf ears'
town laugh call him fool.
That night town burn,
Town mother call to him 'you master of water why not put fire out'
the hero replied with tears in eye 'I can no put out, no amount tear can save the foolish soul'
when the town was burn the people come back after
Hero stood there with tool and wood building town, the men of fire mock him.
One stabbed him with spear, hero keep building
one cut with sword, hero keep building
'may wind carry the stone, may stone rain down like water and put out fire. We hear your wind Hero in our ear, We feel your water Hero in our soul.'
Town threw stone, stood up protect their home. The Hero stood from the building and with the people of town beside him walked to men of fire.
The men of fire drop weapon, pick up tool, and rebuilt town."

Xiaolong dazed off at that story.

"That story not the true. I try protect people with fist tell them leave to me, they lose the town. I try rebuild town in sadness, town come protect me. Real hero is good men who stand up to push of evil."

He also teared up a little.

"The men of fire did not rebuild town either at first. I find them make the camp out of town at night. I burn all the supply they have, release all the horse, and defeat the commander. They walk back to town and town folk force them rebuild."

~and in the end half the towns folk were burned to death~ he thought to himself.

Zemile
06-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon relaxes in his chair, trying to ignore the fact that he may be in for a long unpleasant journey. "The laws here do seem to be a little unreasonable. I'm a little surprised people still live here, I would think they would have left. There are other more reasonable places out there."

p3sent
06-22-2014, 01:38 PM
“You’ve been watching me for years…” He says. Really, if he was being watched so much they should have a thought about his wants and needs, or maybe they weren’t watching That much after all.

“I have to turn it back to you. You can’t really expect me to jump into this based merely on so much… It is quite a leap of faith, especially knowing what little I know about the Kingdom of Vulkh, and I don’t expect there to be a way for me to change my mind if things turn sour once I step in there.” He calmly points out and wonders how much is he wearing down Izel’s patience, if not else at least that’s a good test of his personality.

“So, compensation... I don’t want a wealth, or borrowed respect among the tribe, no. What I’ll ask for is knowledge, and you to also confide in me, as I have no wish to leap into dark waters without knowing what awaits beneath the surface. Not everything right now of course, but for the sake of my hide, I need more than this.” He spreads his hands a bit, as if he laid out his cards. Thinking on it, representing his case with actual cards would’ve been entertaining, it’s an idea he’ll save for another time.

Daydreaming
06-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Emiko rolls her eyes after listening to Xiaolong's story. She looks out at the carnage going on as well, and a somber look creeps onto her face.

-Speaking Common- "I'm not sure what Xiaolong is talking about with his story, but he is right about this pushing the good people to fight back... And... Palenrian... All of this suffering is not happening because of us saving you. It's happening because the Vul are terrible creatures, and this is just an easy excuse, like any others they might come up with, to abuse their power and torture others." She says while looking out beyond the bars in a daze, never taking her eyes away from all the strife going on in the streets as she speaks.

Emiko's skin glows faintly for a moment, and she turns her head to the floor of the cart, staring off at nothing. -Speaking Katanese- "Karera ga yatte iru koto no tame ni shiharau koto ni naru..." She says quietly in an angry tone.

(Translation: Karera ga yatte iru koto no tame ni shiharau koto ni naru = They will pay for what they have done.)

Hillsy
06-23-2014, 05:46 PM
"How interesting! It sounds like you really have something noteworthy to speak of? I may not look tough, but I've lived my whole life in the shadow of Skull Mountain... I've witnessed and heard plenty of terrible things!"


Burrai listens to the conversation with only half an ear. Despite the apparently safe surroundings, he's not such a fool to let his attention drift completely to the conversation at hand. The ripping snores of Rol's partner, Gilbur, are loud in the otherwise quiet night. But between them, Burrai searches for the sounds of stealthy feet, daggers being drawn, the distant howl of wild hounds gathering in the distance....

...that is until the mention of Skull mountain. Tonight agents from the black network come down to harry him from his home, and now a traveler from there bids the to join his fire. He asses Rol again, but sees only a dwarf keeping watch by a fire. And besides, who would be so artless to drop a name like Skull mountain were he planning something malevolent. Burrai narrows his eyes, his left turned into a single dark tunnel by his ugly scars, as though it were just a hole bored into his skull. Rol glances at Burrai, sees the dark thoughts turning, and stiffens, taken aback.

~King Erver ill.... a traveler moving clear of the shadow of the Black Network's Fortress. Those same agents abroad looking for a book inked with evil. A simple craftsman setting a watch in the shade of town walls. There's more afoot here than I know, and it seems to all stem from the same place~

"Perhaps Rol, you can help us with a few things? Elloral here might not want to speak of politics, per say, but certain events might be of interest to us anyway. You say you lived near to Skull Mountain, and at the moment, news of anything.....worrying from there would be valuable to us."

"Anything unusual like unsettling rumors and strange occurrences... that sort of thing. I'd be happy to pay for such news with a little coin, and if its relevant to us I will share some of our own story with you. If I'm right, our words may serve you just as well."

Burrai leans back, clearly placing his hands away from his axe - a typical Dwarven gesture: Speak freely, I will take no offence.

[Burrai will watch Rol carefully as he answers, trying to figure out from his body language whether he's holding back information, or if he's hiding his true feelings when he answers. Sense Motive Check: 8]

Narayan
06-25-2014, 05:21 AM
It doesn't take very long for the jail wagon to reach the park beside Wrusks Tannery next to the outer wall. Normally it's a quieter neighborhood with more shops than homes, but with the timing of this city-wide alarm that actually makes it more dangerous. Many people trying to do business here found shelter hard to find. Some had no alternative but to flee into the park. A few bodies can be seen through the trees in the middle of a nearby clearing with javelins stuck through them. Other then that though, you see no movement. It's been long enough now that anyone in the open who couldn't find a door to slip through has likely been killed or captured by the Vulkyrie.

City Watch Sergeant: -Speaks low- "Looks clear!"

The rest of you take a look for yourselves out the side of the wagon.

Purusartha: (Spot check: = 14)

Arminas: (Spot check: = 19)

Cred: (Spot check: = 11)

Emiko: (Spot check: = 17)

Palenrian: (Spot check: = 15)

Sauel: (Spot check: = 18)

- Rabi: (Spot Check: = 12)

Sher' Reek: (Spot check: = 16)

Xiaolong: (Spot check: = 9)

Yorick: (Spot check: = 23)

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Purusartha: "Ok everyone out!"

Yorick: {Holds up his hand} "Wait! Somethings out there..." The big Ahuran whispers... pointing towards the clearing with the javelin-speared bodies.

Only then do the rest of you notice a figure crouching in the shadows of a small grove of trees on the outskirts of the clearing about 40 yards\away. It's hard to make out features accurately at this distance beneath cover... but you do glimpse it has fur, claws, and a long tail... a Wererat!

[Everyone: What do you do?]


http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/Act3Scene1Diagram.png~original

Daydreaming
06-25-2014, 05:45 PM
"Do you think it's spying on us?!" She exclaims in a hushed tone to Purusartha.

Narayan
06-25-2014, 06:21 PM
"Do you think it's spying on us?!" She exclaims in a hushed tone to Purusartha.

Purusartha: {Peers closely at it and frowns} -answers in a hushed tone- "Hard to say at this distance... but stands to reason if we can see it, it can see us. There may even be others out there... However, if I know anything about Wererats it's that they'd do a better job then that at hiding if they were trying to lay an ambush for us. My guess is... it's hiding from something else?"

City Watch Sergeant: "If you're gonna go, you should go! It's too suspicious for us to sit still like this."

Purusartha: {grimaces and gestures for everyone to huddle close} -speaks softly- "This is a tough decision... if we go through the park, we'll be seen by that wererat and we don't want to lead any of their kind to the safehouse. We could exit the wagon now and enter the tannery through the front door... but then we might be spotted on the street and the city watch in this wagon would know generally where we're hiding... A third option is to tell the sergeant to turn the wagon around and take us back through the streets, closer to the tannery's main entrance at the other side of the park, which isn't without risk either. Any other ideas?"

City Watch Sergeant: -speaks more urgently- "I'm serious, make up your mind!"

rtcvb32
06-25-2014, 06:35 PM
"I have some dust of dispersion..." Sauel suggests. "Although I'm not sure how effective that would be at keeping us from being spotted... Might be just enough..."

Sauel looks to another of the nearby buildings. "If there's a window on this side of the building we can enter and wait for a bit until the wererat leaves... Or go through it and out one of the the other sides..." That was sounding better and better... Not that it would help with their scent though. And fighting was a bad idea with vulkyries on alert and looking for any reason to attack anything. "Or we can try tossing the bomb I have still at it and make a dash for it...." It seemed like the worst idea so far, lots of attention and likely the area would be kept an eye on for at least a few days if not weeks. "I think I'd rather go through the building if it's an option... Or get out a little further down the road to the other alleyway..."

Shun001
06-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Xiaolong ponders as he looks down at his hands clasped together, elbows resting on his knees.

"you all go to the place safe..." he says calmly then his tone changes to an unpleasant threat.

"dare not follow me hear you all!?"

At that moment he immediately jumps up and kicks open the door, leaping from the wagon. His feet actually kick dust up from the cobblestoned street as he sprints into the park towards the wererat.

~It's time to keep my promise to those monsters that this old man will deliver an exotic beast like none has ever seen~

He readies himself to grapple the Wererat with burning resolve.

~goodbye you all... it was fun playing hero again~

Daydreaming
06-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Emiko looks shocked at Xiaolong's burst of bravery. At first she moves her hands as if to stop him, but stops and looks to Purusartha, to see what she should do.

(She intends to follow Purusartha in silence in this choice.)

Narayan
06-25-2014, 09:10 PM
“You’ve been watching me for years…” He says. Really, if he was being watched so much they should have a thought about his wants and needs, or maybe they weren’t watching That much after all.

“I have to turn it back to you. You can’t really expect me to jump into this based merely on so much… It is quite a leap of faith, especially knowing what little I know about the Kingdom of Vulkh, and I don’t expect there to be a way for me to change my mind if things turn sour once I step in there.” He calmly points out and wonders how much is he wearing down Izel’s patience, if not else at least that’s a good test of his personality.

“So, compensation... I don’t want wealth, or borrowed respect among the tribe, no. What I’ll ask for is knowledge, and you to also confide in me, as I have no wish to leap into dark waters without knowing what awaits beneath the surface. Not everything right now of course, but for the sake of my hide, I need more than this.” He spreads his hands a bit, as if he laid out his cards. Thinking on it, representing his case with actual cards would’ve been entertaining, it’s an idea he’ll save for another time.

Izel looks at you blankly, but there is evidence of frustration, verging on anger in his face as lines of tension around his eyes and mouth.

Izel: "Hmph... so stubborn! You remind me a lot of myself at your age Ersun. I was never satisfied with half the truth either... but a man in my position has to make certain precautions."

"Explaining any more then you need to know wouldn't make you any safer in the kingdom of Vulkh. If they interrogated you, what I tell you could make the tribe vulnerable." {Sighs}

"You speak of dark waters... the truth is we are all already up to our neck in great danger here, but you and most of the tribe go about your lives in blissful ignorance because you're better off not knowing if you aren't willing to risk yourself for the rest of us!"

{stands as if to leave and looks down at you.} "Don't think so highly of yourself Ersun, and be careful what you wish for! You aren't ready to stand in my shoes yet, but I'm giving you a chance to stand with me and serve the tribe as one of its protectors. This is your last chance, what shall it be?"

Narayan
06-26-2014, 12:45 AM
listens to the conversation with only half an ear. Despite the apparently safe surroundings, he's not such a fool to let his attention drift completely to the conversation at hand. The ripping snores of Rol's partner, Gilbur, are loud in the otherwise quiet night. But between them, Burrai searches for the sounds of stealthy feet, daggers being drawn, the distant howl of wild hounds gathering in the distance....

...that is until the mention of Skull mountain. Tonight agents from the black network come down to harry him from his home, and now a traveler from there bids the to join his fire. He asses Rol again, but sees only a dwarf keeping watch by a fire. And besides, who would be so artless to drop a name like Skull mountain were he planning something malevolent. Burrai narrows his eyes, his left turned into a single dark tunnel by his ugly scars, as though it were just a hole bored into his skull. Rol glances at Burrai, sees the dark thoughts turning, and stiffens, taken aback.

~King Erver ill.... a traveler moving clear of the shadow of the Black Network's Fortress. Those same agents abroad looking for a book inked with evil. A simple craftsman setting a watch in the shade of town walls. There's more afoot here than I know, and it seems to all stem from the same place~

"Perhaps Rol, you can help us with a few things? Elloral here might not want to speak of politics, per say, but certain events might be of interest to us anyway. You say you lived near to Skull Mountain, and at the moment, news of anything.....worrying from there would be valuable to us."

"Anything unusual like unsettling rumors and strange occurrences... that sort of thing. I'd be happy to pay for such news with a little coin, and if its relevant to us I will share some of our own story with you. If I'm right, our words may serve you just as well."

Burrai leans back, clearly placing his hands away from his axe - a typical Dwarven gesture: Speak freely, I will take no offence.

[Burrai will watch Rol carefully as he answers, trying to figure out from his body language whether he's holding back information, or if he's hiding his true feelings when he answers. Sense Motive Check: 8]

Rol: {Raises his brows and shifts his weight nervously in his chair feeling the threat of Burrai's stare} "Unsettling rumors from Skull Mountain? Are there any other kind?" He asks rhetorically with a hint of dark humor. "Keep your coin friend, I do well enough already, but I'll be happy to share what I know..."

"My home town, Andar, lies in the hills west of Ayuthaya, close to Skull Mountain. I grew up hearing all the stories, most of which kept me up at night as a boy..." {sighs} "My grandfather was a friend of the mountain dwarves. He spoke fondly of the Dwarven Kingdom of Whurgythmora so I know many of its legends."

"When Torgrimm IronAxe tried to reclaim the mountain, my grandfather joined his army and convinced several others from our clan to do the same. Unfortunately my grandfather was the only one who returned, and I'm sad to say he was the last of my clan to fight alongside the mountain dwarves. That terrible battle haunted him to the last of his days..."

{clears his throat} "But I digress... we were talking about Skull Mountain. Yes there are many terrible rumors about that place. My town knows it's evil better then most. Several times a year something from Skull Mountains attacks us. Usually its goblinoids, but worse things have appeared. Once I even witnessed an attack by a pair of young Hill Giants. They collapsed a few buildings and killed two dozen townsfolk before we managed to chase them off."

"Scary thing is I'm sure those giants aren't even the strongest monsters that lurk on Skull Mountain. Frankly I'm amazed our town hasn't been destroyed. Other towns near to Skull Mountain have fallen, but Andar remains relatively untouched. My clan credits our warriors but I believe in another explanation..."

Rol pauses, glancing over his shoulder at Gilburs tent still rumbling with his snores.

-asks in a softer voice- "...have you heard of the Black Network?"

[Make a Listen check]

Narayan
06-26-2014, 02:33 AM
Kromedon BroadbeardKromedon relaxes in his chair, trying to ignore the fact that he may be in for a long unpleasant journey. "The laws here do seem to be a little unreasonable. I'm a little surprised people still live here, I would think they would have left. There are other more reasonable places out there."

Zhānrén: {frowns} "Akhenatens are a resilient people, capable of enduring great suffering helping each other. Of course I've asked them why they don't revolt against their winged rulers? Most of the time the answer is simply a fear for the safety of their families. The majority of Akhenatens in Vulkh are quite poor. Families often fall apart if both parents aren't present providing for their children."

"And then of course, there's the Vulfear to worry about. A secret network of spies, informants and thugs that serve the Vulkyrie. Any whisper of rebellion here can lead to a very unpleasant torturing session in the Vulkyrie dungeons, or perhaps even slavery down in the mines of the undercity."

"Smugglers like Samad are rare in these lands. I admire his courage, but I worry about him and his family... and old Porso of course. Samad was lucky to survive his years in prison, but I think he had help. His old network of business contacts probably bribed guards and hired protection for him."

"Without a safe way to organize, and no respectable leaders to rule afterwards, a rebellion may never succeed..."

Samad: "Quite right..." He says descending back down into the cellar. It's surprising, even impressive for the old smuggler to have overheard anything you said outside of the cellar.

"Have you tried Tejj before sir dwarf? It is a spiced honeyed wine, made from the berries of a rare desert shrub,flavored with exotic ingredients. Tejj is kept in a round fat-bottomed bottle called a Berelle, shaped to enhance its aromatic properties."

"Back when I was still a merchant, Tejj was one of my most popular and profitable exports! Some of the best Tejj-merchants in Masaeus are still kind enough to let me sample their wares. This one here..." {gestures to the Berelle he carries} "...is known as the 'nectar of the desert', which I only open on special occasions... Luckily for you a visit from my dear friend Zhānrén qualifies... just barely!" {winks at Zhānrén}

Samad grabs some cups from the cupboards and fills them each with the sweet desert wine. He and Zhānrén both lift the cups to their nose, sampling its delightful aroma before they drink.

"Careful, it's flavor is very sweet, you won't taste the alcohol content making it easy to drink too much!" Samad warns you.

[Kromedon: What do you do?]

p3sent
06-26-2014, 02:56 AM
He takes a sip while watching Izel.

"Alright, I'll take it." He lets in. Although he is curious if Izel will sit back down or rather leave and message him later.

“Apologies for stressing it that far.” He says with a smile and a nod as if they are in understanding.

“Who’d have been the next pick in case I refuse?” There should be no harm in knowing that, it’s a really insignificant detail.

He slightly leans on his hand as he thinks if further. Another interesting question is what would’ve happened to him if he refused, he doubts Izel would’ve left it at this. Maybe he should’ve pushed some more buttons after all, but maybe he can just talk that out eventually as well. Then maybe, it’d have been more prudent focusing more on getting on the better side of the man instead…

voidoblivion
06-27-2014, 06:45 AM
As Xiaolong Shu leaps from the wagon and heads at the Wererat, he sends a silent prayer up for Xiaolong Shu.

Narayan
06-27-2014, 06:22 PM
looks shocked at Xiaolong's burst of bravery. At first she moves her hands as if to stop him, but stops and looks to Purusartha, to see what she should do.

(She intends to follow Purusartha in silence in this choice.)

Purusartha: {grimaces} "Old fool! Everyone out!" Pursartha exclaims.

Once you all clamber out of the wagon Purusartha starts to walk briskly down the street towards Wrusks Tannery.

"Follow me! Don't run!" He says urgently. As you all move away from the park Purusartha speaks to Emiko. "You couldn't have stopped him Emiko. This close to the full moon I fear Jiao will appear again. We would be wise to be elsewhere when he does!"

rtcvb32
06-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Sauel could only be slightly annoyed at what the Xaio was doing going solo. Still the pull of the nearly full moon was affecting Sauel too, making him more anxious, hyped up almost even while as tired as he was. Frowning a little he gets out and follows Purusartha. Once again he hoped for a quiet night, but he already hoped multiple times and didn't get it. Just about anything could happen.

"Come Rabi, stay quiet for a while" Sauel tells the wolf as they leave.

Narayan
06-28-2014, 03:17 PM
__________________________________________________ __

<End of Scene 1>


Experience Award Time (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

Main Group______________________________________

PC's

Crdechzkragar - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point
Emiko - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point
Sauel - *300 xp + 200 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point
Xiaolong - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point

NPC's
Arminas - 500 xp
Olo - 500 xp
Purusartha - 500 xp
Sher' Reek - 500 xp
Yorick - 500 xp

__________________________________________________ __

Other Group_________________________________________

PC's
Burrai - 500 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point
Kromedon - 500 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp +1 Build Point

NPC's
Elloral - 500 xp
Zhānrén - 500 xp
__________________________________________________ __