PDA

View Full Version : One shots to start a group

Scirocco
04-19-2014, 05:00 AM
I'm trying to get together a group of preferably 4-6 people to run a few one-shots to see what styles work best for running a game, The two of us have experience in D&D AD&D-4, 3.5 is the preference, Call of Cthulhu, Mouseguard, Burning Wheel, Wizard's Star Wars, and some Dark Heresy. Our preference of meeting place is the address provided, which is the Illini Union.

The idea of what we'd like to do is just run, and play in a few weeks worth of one shots to get a handle on each person's style, and see if we click as a group to try to run a solid game. I'm not entirely sure this is the right forum for this, but most of the local gaming store forums have been inactive for months. Times can be varied, Sundays and Wednesdays don't work for me at all, and I prefer to not play on Fridays, but any other day works for me.

I have a few ideas for games, and I have two unfinished campaigns, Call of Cthulhu and Wizard's Star Wars, but I'm open to almost anything else.

Foofaraw
04-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Hello,

I would be interested, but I'm probably moving in a couple months. If that's not a problem, great!

Another resource is illini-rp.net It is the UofI's roleplaying RSO, but they have loads of folks not actually going to the university that join in on games. They typically meet in the English Building and could probably get you access to some of the rooms if you had at least one of their members in your gaming group.

Scirocco
04-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Hello,

I would be interested, but I'm probably moving in a couple months. If that's not a problem, great!

Another resource is illini-rp.net It is the UofI's roleplaying RSO, but they have loads of folks not actually going to the university that join in on games. They typically meet in the English Building and could probably get you access to some of the rooms if you had at least one of their members in your gaming group.

That's fine, I don't mind it, we're just trying to get something for the summer to be honest.

I have looked at their site, but I'm not particularly sure on how the site works to ask about it. I'm also not a U of I student, but the other player is. I don't really think I'm interested in playing in the English building, we have a spot we used to play in in the Union's basement that was pretty awesome.
I guess Send me a message on here to talk it out, or if you're in the area I work Sunday/Monday nights at the Iron Post in Downtown Urbana.

lirana
06-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, are you still up? I would love to join.

I am a student in the UIUC, staying for summer, a bit geeky and loves TRPG.

any chance to join?