PDA

View Full Version : Well Met from Mid Missouri - State fair city

Carodwen
04-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Hello, I am new to the genre and looking for a group willing to teach me the ropes, if you will. I am extremely familiar with VoIP, being a veteran MMO player, (I even have my own mumble server as well as a few raidcall rooms) as well as have acquired Fantasy Grounds recently from a torrent shared with me by a friend that came with player hand books (3.5 DnD) DnD Etools as well with all the extras. I also have a Roll 20 account and I am currently learning the basics of the site. I am flexible though and am confident I can get ahold of pathfinder handbooks and the such. I am seriously wanting to transition from serious MMO gaming to face to face or some sort of P&P gaming as I really need a change. I live in a relatively small town and right now am a caregiver for my mother. I can usually be available when needed but there are times I cannot. If anyone is in the Pettis County area here in Mo and would be willing to meet up get to know one another and maybe play a few games (we could meet at the local gaming store and play to just get to know one another :P) Or if anyone utilizes fantasy grounds and would have the patience to teach me and bear with me while I learn the basics of everything I would love to get into this seriously. I have always be fascinated with DnD. I used to watch my neighbors have their gaming sessions every weekend. I was amazed sometimes at how into it they would get (some even came in garb) But I never really could find a group of my own so I never really could get into it. A little background on my gaming experience. I started with Atarii, Then Jaguar (that was short lived huh) and of course Nintendo and all that followed. My RPG experience is immense. I have probably played most if not all RPGS from the PS1 and PS2 Era. I then transitioned to Runescape and eventually Dark Age of Camelot and on to World of Warcraft. Star Wars the Old Republic. Rift. I have played a lot of MMOs. But as I said I need a change. It's nice to meet everyone and hopefully I'll see you around :)
Happy Gaming!

Carodwen

Sneaksta
04-17-2014, 03:01 AM
do you play EQ? i play that fairly regularly as well, but been away a month or so, but as my 15 and 12 kids just started to play, i may be back on fairly regularly again...

Carodwen
04-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I am not familiar with EQ One game I think I never really played. I'm not against it though :) Let me know and I may check it out

nijineko
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
welcome! we have a sizable group of members that prefer to play online - be it via chat (w/wo voice), or play-by-post. we like answering questions and helping out, so feel free to speak out and post! ask away!

Carodwen
04-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Thanks