PDA

View Full Version : Naples FL Representing!

Mike Taylor
07-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Hello all. I'm here at the suggestion of PhishStyx. I'm looking for gamers in the immediate area of Naples FL. I haven't gamed regularly in many, many years and would like to get back into it.

PhishStyx
07-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi Mike! :cool:

Mike Taylor
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Nice place. Here's hoping I can find more local gamers here than elsewhere. It's like they all hide from the web down here or something.

Skunkape
07-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Greetings fellow Floridian! I'm not in Naples, but the more of us who find this site, the more chances we'll have of someone being in our area! Good luck with finding players.

Farcaster
07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome a'board, Mike! Any friend of Mr. Fishy is welcome here. :cool:

Mike Taylor
07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Mike Taylor
07-08-2007, 11:48 PM
I guess I should tell a bit about myself.

I was born in Tallahassee FL and raised across the border in Southwest Georgia. When I turned 25, I moved to Chicago IL where I lived for another nine years. Many wondrous times were had there where I made many friends. I moved back home to Georgia in 2005, got tired of the inability to find work and so moved to Naples in 2006, where work is plentiful.

As I was growing up, I got by the RPG bug. The local toy store carried this weird game called "Dungeons & Dragons" which a classmate of mine picked up. The addiction was confirmed when, in 1983, I got the Red Box Basic D&D set for Christmas. My parents, being reasonably intelligent and not prone to rash decisions, ignored the whole "D&D is the product of Satan" brouhaha. After all, they knew how the game worked because we played it at my house in the kitchen every weekend for several years.

I've played and owned many games over the past twenty-four years, though I've discovered I have a particular taste for sci-fi and modern horror. (thank you, Call of Cthulhu and Ravenloft boxed set!) Other interests that emerged around this time were anime, especially as it relates to giant robots, drawing (well, that was really an ongoing interest), and writing (which, admittedly, has fallen by the wayside in recent years).

I'm pretty much apolitical at this point, due to disgust with all sides of the political spectrum. I might also be described as areligious as well. I'm a fan of Jennie Breeden's "The Devil's Panties" online strip and her related LARP webstrip "Geebas on Parade". I'm also big on unusual music, by that I mean music that piques my interest and doesn't get much airplay.

I know PhishStyx from back when he posted on the Palladium Message Boards as well as on RPG.net and the Eden Studios message boards. I'm sure that I'll run across others as time goes on.

Anyway, enough random stuff about me.