PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sunny Minnesota!

UndeadMsScarlet
02-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Granted, when it's sunny here in February, that almost guarantees it's below 0...

Hello everyone! I've just moved to the Twin Cities area from a small town 40 minutes west, and I'm hoping the increase in population density will translate to better luck finding a gaming group, which is what brings me to this site!

I was introduced to Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e in college, played a cleric in the tail end of an evil campaign, and a entire good-aligned campaign spanning many months with a Halfling ranger. We've all since moved away, and we attempted another campaign online in which I was the GM, but it proved too frustrating (due in large part to my computer), so now I'm looking for a local, in-person group. I have no particular attachments to D&D or 3.5e - that just happened to be what most people in my former group knew. I'm a quick study and open to other editions or rule sets.

I'm also quite interested in being a GM down the line, but my brief stint told me I still have a lot to learn before I'm really ready for that, so I'm hoping this forum will prove to be a good resource in that regard.

nijineko
02-27-2014, 02:30 PM
we hope you will find locals too. enough of us are computer nerds that we might even be able to give you some advice towards resolving your computer challenges... welcome, and feel free to ask questions and post. =D

Coldbringer
02-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Hey welcome to the boards. If you are looking for a game I am running a Pathfinder game every other Sunday. We are down a couple of players after some life events (babies and grad programs). The game is sort of in a rebuilding phase/hiatus, but hoping that will end soon.

bluesguy
03-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I also live in St. Paul. We use the Hero Game System (http://www.herogames.com/index.html). We play either in Fantasy style genres (not Urban Fantasy) or Superheroes (Silver Age Comics). I am thinking about starting a second gaming group on Sat. evenings.

You can email me if you are interested.

UndeadMsScarlet
03-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Sorry for the lack of replies - work got hectic and then I got sick, but I think I'm back to fighting strength finally.

I'm really encouraged by all the responses I've gotten and will definitely be in touch! I'm glad to see there are so many groups in the area. Now I think it's a matter of finding the right fit!