PDA

View Full Version : need help finding a trait

ak47
02-25-2014, 02:08 AM
its a home brew trait i seen it on a site long ago but lost the bookmark on my firefox. i don't remember name but it was basically this:
you choose one weapon of your choice aka long sword you gain like 5 or 6 feats just for that weapon. but down side you may never use any other weapon but the one you choose. no ranged melee exotic what not.
any help would be wonderful.
tyvm

nijineko
02-25-2014, 03:18 PM
are you sure it was a trait, and not a feat, martial school, bloodline, weapon group effect, or skill trick?

ak47
02-25-2014, 06:02 PM
are you sure it was a trait, and not a feat, martial school, bloodline, weapon group effect, or skill trick?

it was a trait i used it in one of my f2f games long ago it was a homebrew trait though not standard out of books it was on a website with a ton of homebrews

nijineko
02-26-2014, 09:59 AM
trait has a particular meaning in d&d, can you recall anything more specific?

ak47
02-26-2014, 10:12 PM
trait has a particular meaning in d&d, can you recall anything more specific?

u gain proficient with one weapon of you choice. only one. you may not use any other weapon period. with that one weapon u gain feats for free like weapon focus weapon specialization and there improved/greater vrs with one or two more feats with that weapon all for free even if you meet the pres or not, all at once.

nijineko
02-27-2014, 01:28 PM
i meant more in the lines of can you recall what category this ability fell under: was it an alternate class feature, a feat, a skill trick, a racial class feature, a class ability, an alternate/optional rule, bloodline ability, spell/power, what?

from your description, it sounds more in the line of a feat... possibly ACF/RCF, bloodline, or rule.

ak47
02-27-2014, 01:56 PM
i meant more in the lines of can you recall what category this ability fell under: was it an alternate class feature, a feat, a skill trick, a racial class feature, a class ability, an alternate/optional rule, bloodline ability, spell/power, what?

from your description, it sounds more in the line of a feat... possibly ACF/RCF, bloodline, or rule.

no was a trait not anything else. i found it on a srd but don't remember what one i looked at all srd ones that google came up with. it wasnt a class feature, feat, skill trick, racial class feature, class ability, alternate/optional rule, bloodline ability, spell/power.
i listed exactly what it does no more. so i cant give u any more details because thats exactly what it did.

nijineko
02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
well, the only thing i can come up with based on such vague metadata (if very precise mechanical data) is that it was likely pathfinder homebrew. since you already looked at all the major srds via google, i imagine that you hit both of the pf srd sites.

ak47
02-28-2014, 10:31 PM
well, the only thing i can come up with based on such vague metadata (if very precise mechanical data) is that it was likely pathfinder homebrew. since you already looked at all the major srds via google, i imagine that you hit both of the pf srd sites.

it was prob removed from srd being op i admit it was, gm said i can have it if i can find but but was prob removed.

Malruhn
02-28-2014, 11:11 PM
FIND THAT TRAIT!!

I have a home-brew race that could REALLY use it!

Of course, like most players/DM's, we COULD plot and scheme and re-create one of our own! *drool*

Malruhn
03-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Okay, now my curiosity took over...

In Iron Heroes (Mike Mearles' take off on Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed), there was a trait called "Weapon Mastery" that did stuff (sorry, can't find a linky that says anything other than, "makes you as weapon god with one weapon").

I found an entire CLASS that gets rid of the counters used in Iron Heroes here: http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/ih/wmaster.htm - and I _THINK_ this is what you remember. It seems workable at a quick glance.

Other than that - I can't find a darned thing... and I've gone DOZENS of pages back in Google searches.

nijineko
03-03-2014, 09:24 AM
I bow before your diligence, good Malrhun.

ak47
03-04-2014, 12:16 AM
i just need link for trait i don't have book