PDA

View Full Version : Ooh-ooh-ooh-oh!

PhishStyx
07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
How 'bout a cyberpunk forum of some kind? I'm suggesting this partly 'cause I just started reading Snow Crash and partly 'cause I noticed there's at least one other person (The Other Monica) who is a Shadowrun fan.

rabkala
08-05-2007, 04:34 PM
cyberdelic!

I haven't played any cyberpunk since the late 80's. Is there much still around?

PhishStyx
08-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Cyberpunk has changed a lot since the 1980's, but it still exists.

Basically, computers changed and improved a lot faster than even most cyberpunk writers expected, so they've had to scramble a bit to keep up. In a way, one big element that happened was elements of cyberpunk expanding into other areas of science fiction, so that lots of things now look like cyberpunk in the right light.

Even so, I think they're beginning to get back on top of the rug a little just now with some solid games like Ex Machina and the new Shadowrun. The new paradigm is called Transhumanism, thus the GURPS game, Transhuman Space, and there's a lot of thought going into a self-improving humanist model. There are numerous deep philosophical expressions in Transhuman Space questioning whether the "5th Wave" of technology, bio-technology, is a genuine improvement of the human condition or not.

Rain_Spider_08
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
A Call of Chthulu forum would be nice too given how many people play it.

Moritz
08-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm kinda with Rain on this one. The great Chthulu requires a medium so that his voice can be channeled to the masses, for one day, he will awaken and rule the universe as it is written in the ancient passages.

PhishStyx
08-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Fthagen, baby, fthagen.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Cyberpunk, wow I remember when the game cyberpunk first came out. I loved it and 2020.