PDA

View Full Version : A Delayed Greeting.

reese522
01-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Heya! tis' me, Reese.

Greetings to you all!
I've been a lurker of sorts since 2010, where I got obsessed with tabletop RPGs at university. I joined the site and either got side tracked with coursework or life. I look back at things now and wish I Role-Played a lot more. I feel now is a good time, starting with less lurking and this introduction.

About Me:

I'm a Computer Games Design graduate from Teesside University in the UK, and now work as a game tester in Slough. Soon I will be moving to Lincoln to start a new 1st party game testing job.
Current I own all and most old game consoles. I also have a gaming PC rig.
I collect RPGs on all consoles as a hobby of sorts. Favorites include Xenogears, FFVII and Baldur's Gate.
My P&P RPG experience: Call of Cthulhu, D&D 3.5E, L5R and many D10 home-brews.
As a novice DM for D&D 3.5E, I have hosted a few games, studied up on the rules and got frustrated with uninterested players.

Looking for:

I just want to jump into any weekly RP group as a player.
I don't mind how I play. Skype through voice or text seems fine to me, but can play by post too.
My ideal group to join would be in a Faerun D&D 3.5E game.
I'm still a little green, so patience while I learn/brush-up would be much appreciated.
A preference would be to play in a Call of Cthulhu or any edition D&D game. I would prefer core rules over home-brewing though.
Saying that, I just really want to get back into P&P Role-Playing, so I'd be happy to join any group/game and learn, even play home-brew games.
Would like to game once a week, but can game more depending on the time and days.

So from here on I'll be coming back and forth to check for games to join. If you have a campaign that needs a player, and you don't mind a P&P gaming novice, then gimmie a poke. I'll be happy to join your adventuring party! :wave:

nijineko
01-04-2014, 08:34 PM
welcome! you sound like an excellent fit with our community. we are fairly laid back, and fairly erudite about rpgs. we welcome you, and any questions you may have. i am oddly moved by an impulse to ask you to read my pbp game "Carnival of Souls", something i don't normally advertise in other peoples intros. my game is not quite your preferences listed above, but if you cannot find any other game, drop me a line. i would also be interested in your feedback as a gamer on how the game has progressed thus far.

again, welcome, and good game!

TorteStone
01-20-2014, 05:54 AM
Hello Reese! Welcome to the forums!

That's quite a bio you have! What part of the Realms are you interested in? My last campaign wrapped up in September '13 in Hlondeth, the city of serpents, 1376 or so (The Year of Lightning Storms- i'm not near my notes).

May you find the game you seek , as my one running campaign is both not online and full.

-Will-

nijineko
01-20-2014, 10:01 AM
myself, i tend to game in a modified greyhawk setting.