PDA

View Full Version : War of the Worlds, Post Invasion

hannon.ac
01-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Right now our group has two solid players, plus GM (3 people solid). We have two solid GMs who tend to alter every other week.

My campaign will be using the EABA system, which is a generic system similar to, but also different from GURPS. The premise is an Earth after t)he Martian Invasion (H.G. Wells), with some elements from Jules Verne and some clockwork technologies. The idea is to run an open world campaign in which the players drive the action, but I have no problems with creating barriers and bad things for more, uhm passive players.

We are a pretty laid back group, young to old(er) and we like to try using rule sets that are not Pathfinder, though we have and often do use Pathfinder. We are open to everyone, but smokers gotta go outside. Also, I have (very spoiled, loud)dogs.

Not sure what alternate game will be going on.

Generally noon to four pm on Sundays.

Dave925
01-06-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm curious about joining. When is your next game? Also, do you have a link to more inforamtion about the game's system? I've never heard of EABA and don't know what it is short for.

hannon.ac
01-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Sorry about late reply. I can elaborate more on Monday. I'm in Hawaii right now with limited internet and resources. I think our first game will be on the 19th.

hannon.ac
01-13-2014, 10:09 AM
http://www.btrc.net/eabav2

It's basically a generic system with a twist on the combat rounds (each round the combat turn increases in length, allowing more to happen in a shorter tabletop amount of time). We have not used it yet, but it looks to have real potential. We have no issues picking up different rules sets if we don't like what the current one is doing.

Dave925
01-17-2014, 01:29 PM
I see that it is a fairly specific document they sell. Do you have character sheets we could use and not need the PDF they sell? Also, would the first session be only character creation? I'm interested if you are willing to take on a new player.

hannon.ac
01-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Our first session (after a long hiatus--life) is on Sunday the 26th. The alternate DM is going to run something (I think Dungeon World). Character creation and then game. About noonish.

You're welcome to game, come by, whatever you want.

I can PM you the address and telephone if you want.

Dave925
01-18-2014, 02:44 PM
If the address is different than the one listed above then sure. Phone number would also be good. Been waiting to try out some Dungeon World also.

hannon.ac
01-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Good point.

I'll let him know we have another potential player.