PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!

Bailey Langford
12-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey guys and gals, My name's Bailey, and I'm a little bit new to this whole world of tabletop gaming, and I hope to meet some amazing people and go on awesome adventures! I'm usually available friday-sunday, and I'm always looking to play!

TorteStone
12-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Welcome to the Foums, Bailey! Tell us a story!

-Will-

Bailey Langford
12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh, what kind of story?

nijineko
12-15-2013, 09:46 PM
generally, tortestone is looking for an rp related story. ^^ welcome, hope you enjoy your stay, and we welcome questions. (and stories!) ^^

TorteStone
12-21-2013, 03:22 AM
A role-playing story, of course! Unless you have a non-role-playing story to share?

One time we were starting a D&D campaign, and while rolling for initiative, one of our player's said "21!" in a strange and funny way. For the rest of the campaign, whenever some got that particular roll, we'd say it in that same way. Was funny for the entire campaign!

-Will-

Bailey Langford
12-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Well, in the only campaign I've actually played more than one session of, I was playing a half elf rogue, and we had gone to sleep in a church and woke up in a field. We looked around, and saw that there was a forest, a cave, and a castle looking place around us. Our group decided it would be best to get some answers at the castle. Inside the castle was a small town like area, and it seemed that we had traveled forward in time, due to the fact that they said all elves had died several hundred years ago, so me and the two other elves in the party were treated kind of poorly by people. Anyways, me being the rogue that I was, needed some money, and I attempted to steal from a guard, got caught, and managed to bluff him into believing that I was trying to shake his hand. He then became a little bit more friendly. I forgot to mention that this town was constantly under attack by undead legions every single night, and they were coming from the forest and the cave we saw. We said we'd look in the morning, and decided to go to the cave, but that's irrelevant for now. So we went to stay in an inn for the night, and I stayed with the male elf in the party, (our humans slept in the same room and our females stayed together) In the middle of the night, we woke up to the sounds of a battle going on and found that the undead were in the inn, and so we came to the rescue of the innkeeper. The innkeeper died during the battle, so I searched him, then told the DM I would be going to the innkeeper's private quarters. The door was locked though, and so I picked it and got a natural 20, but failed a hide check, causing me to be seen by the same guard from earlier. Mann oh man I felt stupid, and again, tried to bluff my way through, saying I locked myself out of my room and was just trying to get in, but the dice were not in my favor and I got blackjacked and woke up in a cell. When I woke up they said I was being enlisted into their guild, and nobody would fill me in on what went on while I was locked up. I finally found out once we made it to the armory to be outfitted with new black armor (ooh spoopy), and possibly weapons (I managed to pick up a bow along with the two daggers I already had) that our party had decided to bail me out by figuring out what was going on with the undead crisis. I found out later that they were indeed mad at me for causing so much trouble. After that session though, two of our players left for boot camp, so we kind of put it on hold and haven't really had the time to pick back up since. And now I'm looking for new people to play with! :D

nijineko
12-22-2013, 11:00 PM
sounds fun! well, we hope you find some gamers and games here! =D

TorteStone
12-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Only in D&D! Could you imagine if these D&D adventures happened on TV? What network would you campaign be on?

-Will-