PDA

View Full Version : Part 1, Act 2: Scene 3



Narayan
12-14-2013, 05:26 PM
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_MapofSionEasternHemisphere2.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/MapofSionEasternHemisphere2.png.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_OverlandMapofKingdomofVulkh_zps06c08861.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/OverlandMapofKingdomofVulkh_zps06c08861.png.html)h ttp://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_CityofMasaeusDetailedFixed.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/CityofMasaeusDetailedFixed.png.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_LawsofVulkh.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/LawsofVulkh.jpg.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_PithisDeathList.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/PithisDeathList.png.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Places/th_TheSandDragonInnLowerFloor-1.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Places/TheSandDragonInnLowerFloor-1.jpg.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Places/th_TheSandDragonInnUpperFloor.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Places/TheSandDragonInnUpperFloor.jpg.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_RuinsofSammuramat.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/RuinsofSammuramat.jpg.html)
Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Tuesday Morning - April 10th
__________________________________________________ ____


We are on DDS 123 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.

Narayan
12-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Purusartha goes through the portal next, followed by the rest of you. Entering a different room so close, and yet so far, from the cellar is a little strange. It's a bit warmer here and the air has a different taste.

Olo hangs the oil lamp he brought down from the cellar to brighten the storage room for everyone. Inside are all the usual provisions and supplies you might expect to find in use at an inn, along with racks of costumes and props.

(Assume you can find whatever suites your tastes... within reason. Any prop jewelry is of very limited value and any weapons and armor are obviously fakes.)

[What do you do?]

rtcvb32
12-14-2013, 06:03 PM
It took Sauel a little bit to re-orient himself, still he felt lost as he didn't know this place. So far their second smallest pair of humanoids seemed to be the ones who would benefit from the fitting room the best, being Emiko and Xai. Plus Emiko probably wouldn't be in the back with the rest of them prisoners. Emiko as a geisha might be fine beautiful and clean but how the rest of them had been treated was another matter.

~Transporting prisoners or slaves from what the halfling said~ meaning there wasn't much to do for the three of them except make sure they were unarmed, not necessarily armor removed.


Questions came up:
Had they just been captured?
How much of a fight had they put up before getting caught?
Had it been only hours or possibly a couple days?


Best if they all had some story prepared. "So if we're prisoners, I guess we might have some story of how we got caught, and probably aren't in perfect condition... I think we're all still sufficiently bruised to look the part; Were we already part of a group? Caught individually?" He doubted they would be questioned right away, still if one said they were caught for an hour and another said a day and the old man said something completely irrelevant then Olo's own life could be in danger and sniffed out.

The thought also came up of Kasha poking her head in and how they would react to anything she said, but likelihood of her getting involved while she was recovering seemed low.

Daydreaming
12-15-2013, 12:59 AM
~Where to begin...~

{Emiko let's Kitsune down on to the floor after climbing through the portal. She finds a make up kit and a mirror, and paints her face covering her forehead tattoo, making her face like a Geisha's. She searches the room and finds some fake flowers, a hair comb, flower patterned cloth, and ribbons. Styling her hair like that of a Geisha, she ties her hair up into a bun and adds ribbon and fake flowers. Emiko takes off her cloak and unwraps her haori. Wrapping the patterned cloth around her lower half like a skirt, she ties it with some string and wraps her haori closed over it to make it seem more like a kimono robe. She folds another color of cloth into a wide belt form to make an obi. Then she walks over to Cael holding the cloth for the obi and looking embarrassed.}

"Cael... I am sorry to ask this of you... but... Normally other women are around to help a Geisha dress, and... I need your help to put on my obi..." She asks Cael quietly, blushing from the embarrassment.

Narayan
12-15-2013, 02:01 AM
"So if we're prisoners, I guess we might have some story of how we got caught, and probably aren't in perfect condition... I think we're all still sufficiently bruised to look the part; Were we already part of a group? Caught individually?"

Olo: "I was going to say I found the three of you in a cave in one of the old mining shafts, hiding from all the trouble in the streets above. I used my trusty blowgun here... (Pulls a blowgun out from beneath his cloak)...to drug you so you didn't have a chance to shift or put up a fight."

"Then I had the guards at the gate put you in chains and dump you in the cart behind my carriage. Anyone who questions us at this point will have to believe this, since there's no way you would've been able to sneak past the gate, even with my help."

"I'll tell them I found you as I was going up to the surface to meet with the old man and escort him into the city. Unusual slavers come down here all the time so it shouldn't raise any brows. I don't watch my gate every hour of the day after all, there are four gatekeepers assigned to each gate. We work in shifts and are free to do what we may in our off hours."

"I'm not supposed to use the carriage when I'm not on duty, but I thought it better to have the weight of my official post at our disposal, so I am going to lie and say I am escorting the old man as an official task from the king. I've even forged his seal and handwriting on these orders... (Pulls out an official looking parchment) ...that says as much. It won't stand up to a real inspection of authenticity, but as I am rather-well-liked down here I don't think anyone will bother to check."

"I will tell anyone who asks that I intend to present the werewolf prisoners to the king for interrogation and execution as he see's fit. But of course we shouldn't go anywhere near the kings stronghold, which is why I stipulate in the orders to take the slaver to an inn called 'The Underhearth' that is nearer to our meeting spot with Ghost."

"If anyone asks why I'm not promptly delivering these prisoners to the king, I'll say I'm just following orders taking the slaver to the inn first. However once we reach the other inn, we'll have to ditch the carriage and make our way to the meeting area without the cover of official business. That will be the most dangerous phase of my plan for us."


{Emiko let's Kitsune down on to the floor after climbing through the portal. She finds a make up kit and a mirror, and paints her face covering her forehead tattoo, making her face like a Geisha's. She searches the room and finds some fake flowers, a hair comb, flower patterned cloth, and ribbons. Styling her hair like that of a Geisha, she ties her hair up into a bun and adds ribbon and fake flowers. Emiko takes off her cloak and unwraps her haori. Wrapping the patterned cloth around her lower half like a skirt, she ties it with some string and wraps her haori closed over it to make it seem more like a kimono robe. She folds another color of cloth into a wide belt form to make an obi. Then she walks over to Cael holding the cloth for the obi and looking embarrassed.}

"Cael... I am sorry to ask this of you... but... Normally other women are around to help a Geisha dress, and... I need your help to put on my obi..." She asks Cael quietly, blushing from the embarrassment.

Cael: Blushes also. "Err... certainly Emiko... let me see here..." He says, fumbling at the delicate fabric with his large hands and strong fingers (Dexterity Check: = 18) managing to help better then you might expect. "That looks good on you." He says... clearing his throat for no particular reason trying not to smile too much.

Shun001
12-15-2013, 02:46 AM
(Balance check=>16)

Xiaolong managed well after transitioning between different orientations.

"very useful that one, though no easy use, make the some dizzy."

Xiaolong set out looking for an outfit to wear, (spot check take 10+2=>12) he ended up finding passable though maybe a little too plain for his character. Xiaolong then proceeded to an area where he could change without being seen (hide check => 14).

~Here I should be able to change in peace, hopefully...~

Daydreaming
12-15-2013, 04:06 AM
~Is he getting sick from all of this...? Ugh this plan is so stressful... I wouldn't blame him.~

"Are you well Cael? You look feverish..." She says as she gently places the back of her hand on Cael's forehead.

~Hmmm normal... Strange...~

{Emiko looks at Cael, confused, as she pulls her hand away. Kitsune jumps at Emiko's makeshift skirt and gets her attention. Emiko pulls the skirt down a bit more to cover her boots, knowing that geisha wear a different sort of footwear. She feels up her back with her hands checking to make sure the obi is correct. Once she feels it's secure, she looks at Cael once again wondering what's wrong with him.}

(Disguise: 1D20+5 => 16, success. Fate Pool: 20D20 => 222)

voidoblivion
12-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Cred enters the room and pulls his hood back over his head, returning his look to that of a lower class commoner no large then a little child. He looks for a collar and a break away 4ft long leash that can be attached to Olo's belt then he looks to Olo. Is there anything of yours you need me to carry to add to this disguise? He asks as he offers him the leash end to secure to his belt. I think this should do for my disguise. Unless you wanted me more of a trusted slave who doe dirty work for you.

Riderpride
12-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Arminas jumps down, watching everyone as they don their disguises to play their parts. Though he now has the play the part of the bodyguard, he looks about rather aimlessly at the assortment of costumes and props, occasionally touching a fabric or picking up a small prop to give it a quick examination. "I have to admit, I am at a bit of a loss here, being a woodland strider, I'm more of a lone hunter, as opposed to a bodyguard. Even as a caravan escort, I'm more accustomed to striking from the shadows. I'm not entirely sure how to look the part of a bodyguard. Heavy armors put a huge impedence on my skills."

Narayan
12-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Olo: Looks to Cred. "The collar is a good idea, but if I were you, I'd remove your cloak. A cloak indicates you can look after yourself, as a lowly slave you wouldn't really have that right. Your master would probably prefer to see you suffering, exposed to the elements more than he is. And also he'd want to show you off so people would see that he has a Kobold as a slave, which is rather exotic."

"You see for a slaver, it's not enough to just have slaves, they want to have slaves no one else has. The more dangerous or strange the better because it scares people, and more importantly, shows others that they know their business by training the more difficult slaves to be obedient. So do your best to play the part of a slave that's been well trained so it reflects well on your master to make him look more convincing."

[Cred: Do you remove your cloak? And if so... is your amulet visible to everyone when you do?]

Olo: Looks to Arminas. "As a bodyguard what I would be looking for in appearance is to be intimidating. Hulking armored brutes aren't always the most dangerous warriors. Sometimes the sly and quick one are worse... so if I were you I'd concentrate on trying to look mean as much as possible... {Grabs the makeup kit from Emiko} ...try some tribal face paint for starters."

"Elves are known to be fierce fighters when they want to be, especially when they battle their known racial enemies, such as Gnolls, Goblins and Orcs. {Grabs a necklace of what appears to be baby Goblin skulls} Here wear this, it makes you look more brutal and bloodthirsty! Remember to back that up with your demeanor. Give people evil stares as much as possible. Make them blink before you do... that sort of thing. But just the weak ones! Don't try and pick any fights down here with the really formidable types."

Cael: Seems to pick up Olo's advice as an excuse to distract himself from Emiko's attention, grabbing what looks like a wolf pelt from the rack of costumes and drapes it over his shoulders, along with a large necklace that features dozens of wicked looking animal claws. He catches Sauels eye when he grabs the wolf pelt and smiles sheepishly. "No offense!"

voidoblivion
12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
He nods. I cannot remove my cloak with out relieving to much, let alone my armor. is it possible that I could be something else besides a slave? Maybe associate that assists in capturing slaves with traps, poisons, and drug mixtures. A Kolbold who raids is more believable underground then other things.

rtcvb32
12-15-2013, 05:06 PM
"None taken.." Sauel replies with a smile. Even trappers had to make a living somehow. No it was far more scary if it was a were pelt as extra steps likely were involved in it, assuming it was even possible; That didn't stop certain stories from circulating though.

Sauel looks over Cael and Arminas's face and exposed skin carefully looking for any particularly obvious scars, speaking to them sorta adding to Olo's suggestions. "Maybe a few scars to say they've gotten in the thick of battle... Either a few, or a lot, an especially wicked looking scar can make you a lot meaner than just dirty looks."

Tanarus
12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Saeed: "I can't promise you complete protection from the wererats of course, no one can... but I can move you into a neighborhood that will make things very difficult for them. They won't risk going after you there unless they are willing to loose men in the effort. You don't warrant those losses, not yet anyway."

"As for your use to me, don't trouble yourself so much about that just now. I am in your debt after all, I merely wish to offer you opportunities as an ally and benefactor. I hope you don't confuse my interest as manipulation?"

Amaya: Amaya looked at Saeed a second while she listened to what he had to say and though about all that was going on. She really had no intention of any of this happening it wasn't part of her plans. Maybe it was just one side of her but it was saying to go with the flow and relax alittle. Amaya still didn't really see how Saeed was in her debt in any way, she just did one of the more logical actions that had come to mind at the instant after all. As she started to think, she realized she was mainly worried about getting into a situation around here where she couldn't land on her feet after a fall. "Fine, it doesn't seem like i have much of a choice in the matter after it seems i dragged myself into this situation." Amaya said before turning to look at Deidra. "But you know your free to do what you came here to do.... I mean the thugs didn't see you with me or Saeed so.. your pretty much safe." Amaya said while trying to figure everything out, she liked having a plan of some sort and everything that happened over the past half hour or so just tossed her plans out the window apparently.

Narayan
12-15-2013, 09:34 PM
He nods. I cannot remove my cloak with out revealing to much, let alone my armor. is it possible that I could be something else besides a slave? Maybe associate that assists in capturing slaves with traps, poisons, and drug mixtures. A Kolbold who raids is more believable underground then other things.

Olo: Furrows his brow at Cred. "What do you mean reveal too much?"

(Cred, It is possible to tuck your amulet inside your garments and hide it that way even if you remove your cloak.)

Shun001
12-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Xiaolong finished dressing in the back and meets up with the rest the group.

"You dare talk me that way, I very powerful! Travel very far catch a the beautiful slave in foreign land! You speak with the respect!" Xiaolong says this with a very stern face, then the face softens to a smile as he tries not to laugh.

"This the fun, how I look?" Xiaolong states to the group with a grin, he then reaches under his disguise to retrieve his flask. The flask was opened then raised to his lips to his dismay only a partial gulp was left. He shook the container then looked into the hole as if magically wishing it held more alcohol.

"Oh no, long day this the be."

He had a sad expression knowing he would be sober until he could refill.

voidoblivion
12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
(If you say I can then it is so) He removes his cloak then tucks his most sacred of holy Items under his armor and shirt. those who look see him quickly tuck an amulet under his tunic; that looks of gold and more. Because if my sacred Item is found the guise of me being a slave is blown. it is easier to hide the amulet under a cloak and armor then it is a basic tunic. If the under city is full of those with a keen eye. Any slave who is hiding something will probably be found out. If you feel it can go without notice, then I will trust your judgment.
( what people would of spotted and why on a small creature as a 2ft tall Kolbold, it might not be easily hidden: amulet is approximately 3" in diameter, made of fine silver with the symbol of Userrwroth carefully set in gold. Four different precious gems adorn the amulet. An emerald, a sapphire, a ruby, and a diamond. The words, "Service to Userrwroth is service to dragonkind" are inset around the outside in draconic.)

Riderpride
12-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Arminas nods solemnly at the suggestion, locating a mirror for himself, and applying some of the face paints around his eyes, nose and mouth. Afterwards, he dons the necklace of goblin skulls, and looks back to the others for approval.

((Here is an image I found for a decent tribal paint. http://www.francisvachon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Algonquin-tradional-paintaing-dress-01.jpg ))

Narayan
12-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Xiaolong finished dressing in the back and meets up with the rest the group.

"You dare talk me that way, I very powerful! Travel very far catch a the beautiful slave in foreign land! You speak with the respect!" Xiaolong says this with a very stern face, then the face softens to a smile as he tries not to laugh.

"This the fun, how I look?" Xiaolong states to the group with a grin, he then reaches under his disguise to retrieve his flask. The flask was opened then raised to his lips to his dismay only a partial gulp was left. He shook the container then looked into the hole as if magically wishing it held more alcohol.

"Oh no, long day this the be."

He had a sad expression knowing he would be sober until he could refill.

Olo: Nods appreciatively at Xiaolong. "Yes! Like that very good. And remember, you were invited here by King Kyser, or the 'Underking' if you prefer. Only wererats refer to him as the 'Rat King' so try not to use that term."


(If you say I can then it is so) He removes his cloak then tucks his most sacred of holy Items under his armor and shirt. those who look see him quickly tuck an amulet under his tunic; that looks of gold and more. "Because if my sacred Item is found the guise of me being a slave is blown. it is easier to hide the amulet under a cloak and armor then it is a basic tunic. If the under city is full of those with a keen eye. Any slave who is hiding something will probably be found out. If you feel it can go without notice, then I will trust your judgment."

( what people would of spotted and why on a small creature as a 2ft tall Kolbold, it might not be easily hidden: amulet is approximately 3" in diameter, made of fine silver with the symbol of Userrwroth carefully set in gold. Four different precious gems adorn the amulet. An emerald, a sapphire, a ruby, and a diamond. The words, "Service to Userrwroth is service to dragonkind" are inset around the outside in draconic.)

Olo: Looks to Cred. "That's a valuable looking amulet, perhaps it would be better not to wear it for the time being."

Purusartha: Speaks up on Cred's behalf. "I don't think that's something he wants to do. That amulet is blessed by his god and we'll need the spells his god provides on this mission. Tucking the amulet under his clothes will have to do."

Olo:​ Shrugs. "Very well."


Arminas nods solemnly at the suggestion, locating a mirror for himself, and applying some of the face paints around his eyes, nose and mouth. Afterwards, he dons the necklace of goblin skulls, and looks back to the others for approval.

((Here is an image I found for a decent tribal paint. http://www.francisvachon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Algonquin-tradional-paintaing-dress-01.jpg ))

Olo: Nods appreciately at Arminas' face paint. "Excellent! Ok then, looks like we're ready to get on with it. Let's try and stay in-character from this point on..." He says pulling his cloaks hood back to be more easily recognizable, pushing his cloak back over his shoulders revealing a pin of sorts affixed to his chest marking him as a gatekeeper. Olo reaches down and grabs his portable hole again, folding it up and placing it back in a belt pouch.

[Arminas, Make a spot check please...]

Olo: "Xiaolong, stay behind me with your geisha and your kobold slave on your heels followed by your bodyguards. You prisoners keep yourselves cloaked until we get you secured in the cart. Don't be alarmed, two of my men are standing outside this door making sure nobody came in here to steal my portal. I also have two more men outside watching the carriage. They are aware that I am up to something of course, but Thiara is paying us all so well they won't complain. Just try not to make them nervous." He says grabbing the oil lamp again before he opens the door.

Two Akhenaten men holding polearms, dressed in chainmail, flank the door and turn to regard Olo.

Olo: "We're ready." He tells them, gesturing for the rest of you to follow him.

The sounds of a busy common room down the hall floods in from the open doorway.

[What do you do?]

Daydreaming
12-16-2013, 11:08 PM
{Before the halfling opens the door, Emiko folds up her cloak and put's it in her pack. She gives her pack to Cael for safe keeping. She feels around her waist for the dagger she put in her belt, and makes sure it is well hidden underneath her fake kimono. Emiko picks up Kitsune and holds her like a noble lady would hold her small dog.}

~I know this must be insulting for you Kit... you are no lap dog, but I must suffer through this as well... I hope that we won't be discovered... It's so uncomfortable in this outfit... Luckily I washed up at Wrusk's place, so I at least smell like a lady too. I love this jasmine soap... I wonder if I will be able to find a merchant that sells it again once I run out... Wait... Why am I thinking of soap at a time like this?! I must focus...~

{Emiko proceeds forward to follow the rest of the group, staying close to Xiaolong. She makes sure to keep her posture as straight and elegant as possible, and moves slow and graceful like a lady. She keeps a subtle emotionless smile upon her face to uphold her performance as a Geisha. Keeping her eyes to herself, she makes an effort not to look anyone in the face. She is now a living doll.}

(Here is my sheet for a reference of her appearance again:
My Character Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=608877), just imagine this makeup on her face with her red eyes: Her Makeup (http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/Fairyfoogoo/geishamakeup_zps5d2235e5.jpg), and her hair would be styled like this, but white and with fake flowers added too: Her Hair (http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/Fairyfoogoo/geishahair_zps8f821b41.jpg))

Shun001
12-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Xiaolong made his way out to the cart walking leisurely with a scowl on his face, his eyebrows hung low making his eyes barely visible. He proceeded to take out his pipe and put a small amount of tobacco into the tip, he lit it and inhaled carefully, much slower and more leisurely then he did earlier at the tavern.

~I think I am hung over, though I have much more to deal with presently then my next drink. I hope I can hold on until tonight~ Xiaolong thought to himself.

Windstar
12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Amaya: Amaya looked at Saeed a second while she listened to what he had to say and though about all that was going on. She really had no intention of any of this happening it wasn't part of her plans. Maybe it was just one side of her but it was saying to go with the flow and relax alittle. Amaya still didn't really see how Saeed was in her debt in any way, she just did one of the more logical actions that had come to mind at the instant after all. As she started to think, she realized she was mainly worried about getting into a situation around here where she couldn't land on her feet after a fall. "Fine, it doesn't seem like i have much of a choice in the matter after it seems i dragged myself into this situation." Amaya said before turning to look at Deidra. "But you know your free to do what you came here to do.... I mean the thugs didn't see you with me or Saeed so.. your pretty much safe." Amaya said while trying to figure everything out, she liked having a plan of some sort and everything that happened over the past half hour or so just tossed her plans out the window apparently.

Diedra, thinking to herself, this young one has not seen too miles of the road... "Amaya, my dear. I am sure they will have name before long, for no other reason than I have stepped up to assist you if you had needed it with Saeed. Not to mention we entered this city on the same ship." Looking over at Saeed, "I will gather my things and be ready to move within the hour, I also have a war pony and a pack mule, I hope this will not cause any problems?"

Riderpride
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Arminas takes a deep breath, before Olo closes up the portable hole. "I just hope that these disguises are suitable enough to get the job done." The elf starts furrowing his brow, and releasing again a few times, to get his meanest scowl ready to be in place.

(( 1D20+12 => 20Spot ))

Narayan
12-17-2013, 03:32 PM
(( 1D20+12 => 20Spot ))

[Arminas: You are closer to Olo this time when he picks up the portal and begins to fold it so you have a better glimpse of the material it's made of. It seems not to be made of cloth exactly, but rather some exotic type of spiders silk. You only recognize it because you've seen that sort of material before when you encountered the Drow.]

(Olo does not notice your change of expression at this realization, so it is possible for you not to mention it and he will be none the wiser. Besides, as you are all about to carry on with the next phase of your mission it is probably not the right moment to confront him about it or make a scene.)

[Arminas, What do you do?]

voidoblivion
12-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Assuming the slave role is still on the table for him, he finds a bit of cloth to use as a bandage and cuts himself soaking some pieces of the bandage in his blood. He then cuts his tunic in a way to look like he had been punished so that his tunic will also have some blood on it and the blood soak bandage under it will make sence. he heals himself, then wraps the bandaging over his amulet using a wad of blood soaked cloth to compress over the amulet, hiding it under the bandage. then slips leash onto the collar and then hands it to the person who is suppose to be his master. a pack of supplies for his master (IE his stuff or what ever else he is given to carry),and with his head bowed in submission he follows them into the under-city.

rtcvb32
12-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Sauel began to feel tense as they were about to leave the room. True they would only be pretending assuming their source of help was genuine, otherwise this could become very real very fast. Giving a nod that he was as good as ready they would next move to the prisoner carriage where they would be locked up and at least one of them given the unlocking phrase at the off-chance something happened.

"Rabi, you're going to have to play dead for a while..." Sauel half whispered to his companion, looking Rabi he could the wolf was getting rather tired, more so than the rest of them could hide. It was possible he would sleep through most of it, so long as he wasn't prodded too heavily. "Don't worry, we should be fine..."

Truth was if they didn't get sleep in the next several hours they would likely pass out, not a good thought based on where they were at. "After this we'll get some rest..."

Narayan
12-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Amaya: "Fine, it doesn't seem like i have much of a choice in the matter after it seems i dragged myself into this situation." Amaya said before turning to look at Deidra. "But you know your free to do what you came here to do.... I mean the thugs didn't see you with me or Saeed so.. your pretty much safe."


Diedra: "Amaya, I am sure they will have our names before long, for no other reason than I have stepped up to assist you if you had needed it with Saeed. Not to mention we entered this city on the same ship." Looking over at Saeed, "I will gather my things and be ready to move within the hour, I also have a war pony and a pack mule, I hope this will not cause any problems?"

Saeed: Answers Deidra. "Your war pony and a pack mule won't be a problem. I suggest you both go pack your things together so you can watch each others backs. I will wait here for you. Don't worry about getting a refund, I'll cover it, no trouble at all." He smiles.

Riderpride
12-17-2013, 09:19 PM
The strider takes a mental note of the fabric from the portable hole, stowing it away for later. ~Spider's silk. Interesting.~ Saying nothing to the issue, Arminas simply remains quiet, mentally preparing for the next leg of the mission.

Narayan
12-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Olo's men nod, stepping aside for all of you to exit the storage room into the hall. The Laughing Skull inn appears rather shoddily built compared to structures on the surface. The beams and planks used in its construction were clearly cobbled together as an odd assortment in the first place, and are such poorly cut and fitted, creaking loudly as you put weight on them. The voices you hear from the common room are quite brash and obnoxious, you even think you hear shouting and perhaps sobbing as though someone is hurt, yet nobody appears to care.

Olo's men are dressed in plain chain mail, rather worse for wear in need of a good scrubbing. Their cloaks are dirty and unkempt and their faces are poorly shaven. Both them look rather worried as they watch you file out past them, glancing at each other and whispering. Once you've all passed by, they follow you like a rear-guard while Olo leads the way out back.

Though you were expecting to see you are underground once you exit the inn, the actual fact seems more shocking in person. A deep, engulfing darkness looms all around you, much worse then a moonless overcast sky.

The air is strangely stale and still, with no hint of a breeze. Sounds seem both near and far as the cavern walls makes all the noises echo and blend together. At the moment, besides the oil lamp that Olo carries with him, there are two more lamps on his carriage providing small spheres of light.

His carriage is sturdy and functional, bearing the banners and the standard of King Kyser. The cab of the carriage is large enough to seat six, with iron rungs affixed to the exterior for four additional passengers to hang off its corners. Four shaggy donkeys are harnessed to it, shoe'd with iron horseshoes to keep their hooves intact on the stony ground. Connected to the rear of the carriage is a cart, complete with rigid iron fixtures and heavy-looking iron chains.

The other pair of Olo's men by the carriage, dressed the same as the others, stand to attention as Olo emerges with the rest of you.

Olo: Glances about before addressing his men. "All clear?" They nod, so he steps up to his cart and pulls open its doors on one side. "Get in!" He says to Xiaolong and his entourage. Then he steps to the rear of his carriage which has a very large chest attached to it which he opens.

"Place any weapons you can't easily conceal inside this chest." He says to Purusartha, Sauel and Yorick before stepping behind the cart, reaching up to fold down the rear railing which also doubles as a sort of step.

"Climb on and attach your manacles!" He says to the 'prisoners', adding in a low voice... "The command word to open them is ironbreak." You are also rather alarmed to notice that the bed of the cart is covered in bloodstains, some old, some perhaps as fresh as yesterday.

[What do you do?]

Daydreaming
12-17-2013, 11:20 PM
~An interesting method of transportation in an underground city... I hope the others can keep their strength. They must be exhausted by now... and now to put up this performance? So very tiring...~

{Emiko steps up into the carriage after Xiaolong. She checks her seat to make sure it is clean before she sits, moving very lady-like. She takes the seat across from Xiaolong, and stays silent, observing her surroundings. She shows no emotions upon her face, it stays lifeless as a doll. She softly pets Kitsune in her lap, as the little fox starts to drift off to sleep from exhaustion. Emiko begins to rest herself as well, doing a sort of private meditation to relax herself.}

Shun001
12-18-2013, 12:02 AM
(Listen check =>12 failed)

Xiaolong seems to have something obstructing his ears when he walked past the guards, He decides to just keep on walking to the carriage and takes his seat. Slowly smoking his pipe he kept his head up high with a stern face concentrating his gaze forwards into the distance.

~I feel nervous, even with all my nerves that I trained up as a monk, I feel worried for these people~

"Stay close me, I protect" Xiaolong whispered to his ride along companions letting out a small smile but being careful as to not look too out of character.

He inhales weakly and lets out a small ball of smoke.

voidoblivion
12-18-2013, 12:48 AM
He had nothign to add to the chest so he just climbs in and sit were directed

Daydreaming
12-18-2013, 04:58 AM
~This is amusing, the drunken old man thinks I need a protector... If he only knew...~

"I am not the one in need of protection." She speaks softly, feeling insulted. "It is our captive companion who needs help, and soon..." She says everything very quietly so only Xiaolong and Cred can hear her inside the carriage.

"You better hope your performance goes well ojiisan... I would rather not see more good people die tonight, and if you fail us... I will make you pay for it..." Emiko gives Xiaolong a burning look with her eyes to warn him.

~Maybe my warning will scare him and make him sober up more... I can't believe he was drinking more once we brought him into our rescue plans. My father used to drink like that... It only made him ignorant, useless, and violent. People who spend most of their time being a drunkard are such a waste of life... Xiaolong mentioned something about him being a failed monk, well, it's no wonder with how much he drinks... Why can't some people learn moderation in their drinking habits? It's not THAT hard...~

rtcvb32
12-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Having not intended on being human right now he wore no weapons to speak of and slips unto the cart.

The blood stains recent as they are made him feel uneasy, but it felt like at first impression this place was basically the dumping ground of anything and everything, and the were rats ruled since the Vul weren't willing to get in a confined area. That meant that 'thugs' were probably far more likely to be met than almost any other individuals.

You can't grow anything that required sunlight, so plants and fresh food was out, it was the sewers so rotten food and refuse was likely quite common; Although a good system could keep things relatively clean (with a little help from magic).

Then there were goods and trade, and likely they had neither. This meant they were likely the richest individuals here in comparison to pretty much everyone else. The carriage would act as a good guard against beggars thieves and thugs, or just those desperate for money and food.

~Iron-break...~ seemed a convenient keyword to use. He repeated the word several times trying to memorize it as he put them on and got into his spot. The scent of blood that wasn't very old stirred his beast, so he opted to go to another corner, course if the drugs (fake or real) had any effect they could help dull the call of the moon.

"Alright boy.. let's get you hooked up..." Sauel spoke softly. "Just try to relax, and sleep until I tell you otherwise, unless they actively hurt you, just sleep it off..."

Riderpride
12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
The Elf "Bodyguard" takes a seat in the carriage as well. Though of course as the bodyguard, he would not be required to stow his weapons. He too notices the bloodstains in the cart behind them as he gets into the carriage and frowns a bit. A sense of unease begins to wash over Arminas' features, though he does his best to maintain his "mean" look to remain in character.

Tanarus
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Diedra, thinking to herself, this young one has not seen too miles of the road... "Amaya, my dear. I am sure they will have name before long, for no other reason than I have stepped up to assist you if you had needed it with Saeed. Not to mention we entered this city on the same ship." Looking over at Saeed, "I will gather my things and be ready to move within the hour, I also have a war pony and a pack mule, I hope this will not cause any problems?"


Saeed: Answers Deidra. "Your war pony and a pack mule won't be a problem. I suggest you both go pack your things together so you can watch each others backs. I will wait here for you. Don't worry about getting a refund, I'll cover it, no trouble at all." He smiles.



Amaya: Amaya sighed softly as she slowly shook her head. "Fine, I guess im left with no choice now" Amaya said as as she pushed herself in her chair back to stand. Amaya stood up and waited a moment on Diedra before leaving to go up and gather "Maybe i should have kept my words to myself and not said anything to them, All it seems i have done is ruin my own plans and get myself derailed" the few things she had up there. Amaya said to herself but not so quiet as that Diedra couldn't hear as they headed up the stairs together. Amaya kept her hood up to cover her face and her arms in crossed under her cloak as she walked up the stairs slowly, not really feeling a need to rush.

Shun001
12-18-2013, 08:20 PM
"You better hope your performance goes well old man... I would rather not see more good people die tonight, and if you fail us... I will make you pay for it..." Emiko gives him a burning look with her eyes to warn him

"If fail by all mean I leave the fate in hands you. I once knew girl many year ago, come same country you, same fire in eye. She always say me 'Only I defeat you, nobody else' I afraid she no keep the promise. Many year ago this, she may move on next life though heart weigh heavy if true."

Xiaolong said this as he continued to stare forward continually taking a small drag until the tobacco ran out, he then placed the pipe on his lap and chose not to clear out its contents.

~Back then if I knew what would happen to me I would of gave my life to her but, I am no sage. My only skill was with my fists~

Xiaolong has a tear start to well up in the corner of his old face as he reminisced into the distant darkness.

voidoblivion
12-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Playing the part given him he sits quietly listening his head bowed in submission next to the person playing the part of his master.

Narayan
12-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Purusartha and Yorick are both wary as they climb unto the cart. Purusartha is the first to clasp a manacle around his ankle and test the magic command word, which works as promised.

Purusartha: Says to Yorick. "Works like a charm my friend, you need not worry about these chains."

Yorick: Frowns. "I swore I'd never wear chains again." He says hesitating for a moment before he clasps the manacles around his wrists and ankles. All the chains are clasped to rigid iron fixtures that would normally hinder any escape from the cart.

Olo: Produces 3 darts and a vial. He dips each dart in the vial before handing one to each of the werewolves. "These darts are now dosed with the faked drug I told you about. For an hour or so you'll feel no pain, which will aid your pretense of being unconscious. To fit my story that I drugged you with my blowgun you should prick yourself on the neck or in the face with these darts. Although I suppose after a few minutes the marks will likely heal given what you are..." He shrugs.

Purusartha: Takes a dart and sticks it into his neck. (No Save Required) After a moment he starts to blink as a reaction to the drug taking effect. As a test he jabs himself through the skin on his forearm with the dart a few times. Hard enough to normally make himself wince, but as promised he doesn't seem to feel a thing. He looks to Yorick and Sauel. "It works." He says handing that dart back to Olo.

Yorick: Also jabs himself with a dart.

Olo: Waits for Sauel to self-administer the drug before he tucks the darts back into his ammunition supply. "I should probably mention that you may see or hear things down here you wouldn't normally stand for. So if you have to an urge to act before I give the all clear, you need to check yourself unless its absolutely necessary for our survival."

Purusartha nods and lays down on his side as though he had collapsed there. Yorick follows suite. (It is still possible to peek through the railings of the cart while lying down if you are discreet about it)

Olo: "Lets get moving!" He orders the guards as he climbs into the carriage. Two of the guards clamber up unto the driving bench. One takes hold of the reins, the other grabs a loaded crossbow. The other two step up on the iron rungs on the rear corners of the carriage so they can keep a close eye on the cart being pulled behind them.

The driver lashes the donkeys with a long whip before the carriage starts moving with a quick jolt. The streets in the undercity are mostly bare stone to begin with, so there isn't much need for cobblestones, unless they are used as means to fill in holes or otherwise level out the surface. Still in places, the bare rock down here can be quite rough, so at times it makes you wish for cobblestones as the carriage judders and jounces its way along.

The open windows of the carriage have shutters, but Olo gestures that they should be kept open. "Better we see trouble coming as soon as possible." He says.

rtcvb32
12-19-2013, 01:46 AM
With Purusartha testing the drug and the chains that everything works as promised, he administers the dart given to him on his neck similarly to Purusartha before handing it back. The last one he also administers to Rabi, and gives a few soft words of encouragement to his companion. Within a few seconds the minor jab of pain was a distant memory as the wolf curled up to 'play dead'.

~Don't worry, I'll hold myself in check...~ Sauel thought regarding Olo's comment of things you'd not normally see. It could sometimes be similar in his own world, the Were community and it's structure. Add in a touch of slavery to the probably mostly already poor community and it was basically 'watch your own back'. The Werewolf female alpha above was kind enough that he could tell they had a better environment then what's down here.

Daydreaming
12-19-2013, 06:59 AM
"If fail by all mean I leave the fate in hands you. I once knew girl many year ago, come same country you, same fire in eye. She always say me 'Only I defeat you, nobody else' I afraid she no keep the promise. Many year ago this, she may move on next life though heart weigh heavy if true."

Xiaolong said this as he continued to stare forward continually taking a small drag until the tobacco ran out, he then placed the pipe on his lap and chose not to clear out its contents.

~Back then if I knew what would happen to me I would of gave my life to her but, I am no sage. My only skill was with my fists~

Xiaolong has a tear start to well up in the corner of his old face as he reminisced into the distant darkness.

~Ugh, apparently I need to help him speak the common tongue better... He is making my head hurt... He's even made himself cry... What the... Yeah... He must be drunk still.~

"Keep your composure ojiisan... We can talk later, and I will help you to speak the common tongue better." She whispers just loud enough for Xiaolong to hear her.

{Emiko adjusts herself in her seat as if to say she is done with the conversation and wants to finish their task at hand. She stares out the openings of the carriage to watch the scenery as it passes by.}

Narayan
12-19-2013, 08:51 PM
The carriage moves along at a brisk pace through the darkness, the sound of the drivers whip cracking every so often along with his shouts of "Yah! Yah! Yah!"

This area of the undercity seems quite poorly built compared the surface. As you would expect, most of the structures down here are stone, but some still are made of wood, haphazardly nailed together like over sized shacks. If you had to guess, you'd assume that those who chose to make structures of wood probably did so because they simply weren't skilled enough to do proper masonry work.

The general layout of the undercity streets, lighting, and sewers are similarly crude and less planned. Waste and offal are carried along in crude ditches beside the streets by trickles of filthy water. There are no street-lamps, so what lighting there is on the streets is simply provided by whatever lamps people may keep on the adjoining buildings.

The people moving through the streets seem generally far more unhappy and dangerous then those on the surface. Some openly carry weapons in their hands as thought they might hack down the next person they come across. You do notice that Olo's carriage, or perhaps just the banners it carries, mean something to most of the people here who quickly make way for it.

Olo: "This area of the undercity is called 'Gatetown' because its closest to the main gates. My own home isn't too far from here. It looks poor to you no doubt, but most of the slaves working the mines would consider any sort of roof and a warm place to sleep a luxury."

"My job as gatekeeper is mostly ensuring nothing is smuggled in or out that isn't properly taxed. I also watch out for runaway slaves. But the worst part of my job, if I am too be completely honest, is keeping people in that wish to escape."

"Life in Gatetown is most similar to that on the surface, which makes it easier for newcomers. They'll end up working in a business or trade, renting a small home for themselves if they can't afford to build one. Also, because Gatetown is officially controlled by the king, newcomers feel safer under the protection of the kings guards."

"But, the wererat clans are still free to do commerce here and thus often prey on these newcomers who are easy prey for intimidation, robbery and theft. Facing down a group of bloodthirsty wererats is no easy thing, so the guards most often look the other way. And thus, probably half of those who try to make a life for themselves away from the Vul end up at my gates begging to be let out."

"But leaving the undercity is a privilege, not a right... it requires a 'pass' and a hefty toll. If they can't pay, I have to turn them away or arrest them. And down here, if you can't pay the fine for being arrested you end up working the mines as a slave."

"We are currently headed towards where the king lives, or 'Kysers Domain' as it is also known. Which consists of multiple levels and sub-levels. I wish I could be more detailed but trying to map out the whole undercity is quite a challenge. Even our official maps lack the whole picture."

"But suffice to say, Kysers Domain is the largest territory. Around it on all sides, except the east where we are in Gatetown, are the territories of the wererat clans which occupy the older abandoned mines. However, new caverns are being discovered all the time as the mines expand ever outward and downward."

"Thus, real estate is often cheap in the undercity... it's protecting your holdings that's expensive. Most of the kings officials are terribly corrupt. So even if you're lucky enough to live in Gatetown or his inner-domain, there are always bribes that must be paid to stay safe."

"If you are a wererat who's sworn allegiance to an Alpha, living in the territories of the wererat clans can be far safer because they are generally more capable and serious with their security then the kings guards are for everyone else. But serving a wererat clan without adopting the curse of lycanthropy can be risky. Non wererats are always considered second-class citizens, especially among the wererat clans."

"Wandering into an area controlled by the wererat clans is usually fatal for anyone but a kings official, and sometimes even for them. The route I have planned for us to reach Ghost will pass through two separate wererat clan territories. Namely the 'RatsMoon' clan, and the 'RatKeeper' clan. The Underhearth Inn lies on the outskirts of the RatKeeper clan territory, which we can only reach by passing through the RatsMoon clans territory first."

"Technically, if we were to travel through Kysers domain we could avoid the RatsMoon clan because all the wererat clan territories connect to Kysers Domain. Yet, I feel passing through the RatsMoon clan territory is the lesser risk. We do not want to try and explain ourselves to one of the kings officials..."

"Chief RatsMoon is a mysterious figure, some even say mad. He isn't a follower of Vermithrax at least, but he leads a cult of underground druids that are almost as wicked. Rumor has it they often capture or kidnap innocents to use in dark sacrifices. And on the night of the full moon, it is claimed Chief RatsMoon and his most powerful warriors can become incorporeal... allowing them access to wherever their enemies might be hiding."

Shun001
12-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Xiaolong nodded his head listening carefully to not only what Olo had to say but keeping his ears open for any other outside noise that may potentially be harmful to the caravan. (ready to listen check)

~Ratmen eh? hopefully their keen nose and sharp ears does not lead us into trouble, avoiding them will not be entirely possible but let us see how long we can make this arrangement last.~

voidoblivion
12-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Cred quietly sits next to his supposed owner, his keen eyes and ears adjust quickly to the dark as he watches the shadows most can see into. listening for things others may not notice. the underground and darkness is the home his people dwell within in. to him in a twisted way, this is a kind of home for him. For now he watches for signs of trouble

Riderpride
12-19-2013, 10:35 PM
The wood elf quietly watches from his place in the carriage, the mean scowl still apparent on his face, as he tries to remain in character, listening intently as Olo explains the area and its inner workings. ~Looks can certainly be deceiving. But I don't doubt that this area is dangerous. Sehanine give us strength.~

Narayan
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
You and Deidra collect your things without any trouble. Saeed summons his carriage to meet you out front. It's large enough to seat four, with room for your things in a chest attached to the back. Deidra can tie her pony and pack mule to the back. Two men ride on the drivers bench up front, both well armed and armored, heavily scarred and very dangerous looking.

Saeed: "These are my personal guards, ex-gladiators of mine. Brosh and Kamal." He says gesturing to each before telling them. "Let's take these ladies by Gael's place." He says.

The carriage whisks you through the street by the docks where you glimpse the ship you came in on through the shuttered windows. It seems the situation in the streets is getting worse, with squads of city guards arresting people by the dozens.

Suddenly, a squad emerges from an alley blocking the path of your carriage. The horses whinny and neigh, stamping impatiently as they are forced to halt mid-trot. You hear the guards on the drivers bench curse loudly.

Saeed: "What's this?!" He groans, leaning over to look out the carriage window. "Ah... the guards..." He groans. "Don't worry ladies, this won't take long." He says.

The guards surround the carriage, demanding Saeed's men raise their hands. Then the guard sergeant steps up to the carriage door demanding that it be opened. Saeed obliges. The sergeant's expression shifts dramatically from someone eager to dish out cruelty to someone who made a serious mistake.

Sergeant: "Oh! My apologies Saeed, I didn't realize this was your carriage!"

Saeed: "That's quite all right, I know you were just doing your job."

Sergeant: Glances at the two of you inside the cab. "Ah, I see you have company. Heading home?"

Saeed: "Yes, after I drop these ladies off. It seems tonight would be a bad night to go out and enjoy ourselves."

Sergeant: "Yes that's true, rumor is there were some dangerous lycanthropes fighting in the streets. They killed a Vulkyrie, the bastards... but no worries. We're searching everywhere, we'll track them down! But you know how it is, I have to stop everyone and ask questions."

Saeed: "I understand, best of luck with your search... by the way, do you and your men enjoy the Arena?"

Sergeant: "Of course! I go as often as I can. Great stuff!"

Saeed: Produces a parchment. "This is a personal invitation to tomorrows match, you'll even have seats in a private booth."

Sergeant: Eagerly takes the invitation. "Thank you!" He grins.

Saeed: Smiles "No trouble at all! But do you think we could keep moving? I want to get these ladies home safely as soon as possible."

Sergeant: "Oh... yes of course, good idea. And thanks again!" He says slipping the invitation into his cloak.

Saeed: "Sorry about that." He says to both of you as the carriage starts moving again.

rtcvb32
12-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Sauel wondered how much of the undercity would be as corrupt as it was if it wasn't for the Vul; It was hard to say, but it seemed they got growth and more to bully due to the Vul letting the undercity grow to a certain extent, that's assuming it wasn't destroying itself from the inside. The under city sounded from Olo's words just as bad a place as he had expected (if he could hear it), and King Kyser was as ruthless and practical as he needed to be to survive this long in these environments, then again if you tear a couple people apart in the middle of the streets and even the guards fear you, then you gain certain levels of respect and certain types of trouble tend to avoid you, especially if you make it bloody enough.

Some day when they had better days and terms Sauel knew he would be meeting the wererat, and maybe even learning a few things from him, he could just feel it deep in him like his beast whispering to him letting him know it would happen eventually.

Tanarus
12-20-2013, 01:50 AM
You and Deidra collect your things without any trouble. Saeed summons his carriage to meet you out front. It's large enough to seat four, with room for your things in a chest attached to the back. Deidra can tie her pony and pack mule to the back. Two men ride on the drivers bench up front, both well armed and armored, heavily scarred and very dangerous looking.

Saeed: "These are my personal guards, ex-gladiators of mine. Brosh and Kamal." He says gesturing to each before telling them. "Let's take these ladies by Gael's place." He says.

The carriage whisks you through the street by the docks where you glimpse the ship you came in on through the shuttered windows. It seems the situation in the streets is getting worse, with squads of city guards arresting people by the dozens.

Suddenly, a squad emerges from an alley blocking the path of your carriage. The horses whinny and neigh, stamping impatiently as they are forced to halt mid-trot. You hear the guards on the drivers bench curse loudly.

Saeed: "What's this?!" He groans, leaning over to look out the carriage window. "Ah... the guards..." He groans. "Don't worry ladies, this won't take long." He says.

The guards surround the carriage, demanding Saeed's men raise their hands. Then the guard sergeant steps up to the carriage door demanding that it be opened. Saeed obliges. The sergeant's expression shifts dramatically from someone eager to dish out cruelty to someone who made a serious mistake.

Sergeant: "Oh! My apologies Saeed, I didn't realize this was your carriage!"

Saeed: "That's quite all right, I know you were just doing your job."

Sergeant: Glances at the two of you inside the cab. "Ah, I see you have company. Heading home?"

Saeed: "Yes, after I drop these ladies off. It seems tonight would be a bad night to go out and enjoy ourselves."

Sergeant: "Yes that's true, rumor is there were some dangerous lycanthropes fighting in the streets. They killed a Vulkyrie, the bastards... but no worries. We're searching everywhere, we'll track them down! But you know how it is, I have to stop everyone and ask questions."

Saeed: "I understand, best of luck with your search... by the way, do you and your men enjoy the Arena?"

Sergeant: "Of course! I go as often as I can. Great stuff!"

Saeed: Produces a parchment. "This is a personal invitation to tomorrows match, you'll even have seats in a private booth."

Sergeant: Eagerly takes the invitation. "Thank you!" He grins.

Saeed: Smiles "No trouble at all! But do you think we could keep moving? I want to get these ladies home safely as soon as possible."

Sergeant: "Oh... yes of course, good idea. And thanks again!" He says slipping the invitation into his cloak.

Saeed: "Sorry about that." He says to both of you as the carriage starts moving again.

Amaya: Amaya sat legs and arms crossed in the back seat of the carriage. Not worrying about anything it would seem while she still had alot on her mind. Hearing the door open, Amaya turned to look to see who it was. Amaya gave no smile to the Sargeant as He and Saeed spoke quickly. Once the conversation was over and the carriage was once again on its way, Amaya turned to Saeed. "so where are we going? first off, second, I thought the rats would not take on the Vulkyrie or do you have more then just were-rats in the streets? I thought the all lycanthropes were killed or pushed from the city exept for the rats who hide in the sewers. " Amaya asked looking at Saeed while she searched for answers keeping her arms and legs crossed, cloak covering herself.

Narayan
12-21-2013, 01:28 AM
​After a while you seem to reach the edge of Gatetown as you approach a huge wall unlike any you've ever seen before. Because it was built within a massive cavern, the wall has several huge pillars that reach up all the way to the ceiling.

At their base is a traditional wall about forty feet high, but above that are arching bridges that stretch between the pillars providing an even higher vantage point for archers or lookouts. But the most interesting thing about the wall are the huge nets made from miles of steel chain that spread between the pillars making it impossible for anything larger then a bat to pass through.

Olo: "That would be the main entrance into Kysers Domain, designed to be an effective barrier against the Vulkyrie. Those pillars feature dozens of Ballista's and net-throwing apparatus, along with other, secret defensive weaponry."

However the carriage veers down another track before you get much closer to the wall, approaching another cavern to the north.

Olo: "This is the entrance into the RatsMoon clans territory, we'll arrive at their main gate in a few minutes. Just be calm and let me do the talking, if we stick to the plan we should be ok..."

Your carriage passes through a wide area of what looks like some kind of mushroom farm. Then from out of the darkness, a crude wall appears, much less grand then the kings. This wall is only about six feet high and about a half mile long, made from loosely mortared stones. Or at least... you expected them to be stones... In reality, once you get closer you realize the wall is built with thousands of human skulls.

A pair of huge bonfires provide illumination for the gate itself, built around tall iron spikes, from which, three human corpses hang per spike... their blackened skin peeling from burnt flesh and bone. The sickening smell of roasted human meat fills your carriage as it nears the gate, between the bonfires. The heavy gate itself is also made from iron, with another body hanging from each gate. Though these ones are not roasted, just stripped of most of their clothing and brutally beaten and scourged.

The donkeys hee-ha and stamp their feet nervously, sensing danger as the carriage stops a few paces from the gate.

(Spot Checks, DC 15)
-Arminas Spots automatically
-Olo Spots automatically
-Purusartha Spots automatically
-Sauel Spots automatically

(The rest of you don't really need to roll since I'm sure the ones who made their spot checks automatically would mention that they notice something to you)

For a moment, nothing stirs around you, but then, from the edge of the firelight you glimpse movement and the momentary flash of large rat-like eyes that seem to glow with the reflected light. You also see shadows moving towards the gate as a group of three men open the gate a crack so they can approach you.

Meanwhile, the shapes slinking around your carriage move closer. Furry, four-legged shapes with fearsome yellow teeth and long tails... giant rats!

(The giant rats are about fifty feet away from you, slowly slinking in from the edge of the circle of light provided by the bonfires which extends about sixty feet into the darkness. There are five of them, weighing in at least a hundred pounds each, stretching about ten feet long from tip-of-tail to snout.)

[What do you do?]

Shun001
12-21-2013, 02:16 AM
His nerves were tense and his anger steadily rising internally as the dead only showed him the evil that dwell here. He kept very calm though knowing that any individual outcry about his true feelings would cause only trouble for everyone, He then took notice of the giant rats. Xiaolongs nerves flared up as his hand was secure around the metal pipe in his lap. He then took a glance at Olo looking for his appraisal of the situation.

~Still too early to make any moves, but I will stay vigilant if anything goes wrong. To think all these people died only to be cooked or worse, I want to send all these beast to the next life and show them the true strength of man! If my strength does not suffice then they shall face the ferocity of my 30 years of suffering!~

voidoblivion
12-21-2013, 05:38 AM
HE sits there submissive next to his master. I mean after all he is just a poor wittle slave.

Riderpride
12-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Arminas' eyes look to one side of the carriage, eyeing the rats approaching them, but staying still, saying nothing, his muscles tensing up a bit, mentally preparing himself for the worst.

Narayan
12-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Purusartha: As the giant rats get closer, Purusartha whispers ever so softly to Yorick. "Yorick, remember what I told you about suppressing your aura. It's important that you keep calm. We're supposed to be unconscious, but they won't believe that if our aura's seem excited or worried. Don't react to these filthy rats! Put them out of your mind!"

Purusartha: (Survival Check to Mask Aura, -6 penalty for circumstances: = 21)

Yorick: (Survival Check to Mask Aura, -6 penalty for circumstances: = 17)

[Sauel: You'll need to make a Survival check also to suppress your aura. -6 for circumstances. And you'll need to make a Survival check for Rabi to smell the giant rats or not. If he does smell them, I doubt he will remain calm.]

Meanwhile, those of you in the carriage notice that two of the three men who pass through the gate are horrid wererats in hybrid form. Furry, lanky limbs, tails, claws and snouts. Both are wearing lycanthrope armor, one favoring chain mail, the other studded leather. One carries a spear, the other has a loaded light crossbow. Both wear short swords on their hips.

The third man is most likely a wererat also, but seems to prefer to keep in humanoid form for now, probably because it'll be easier to speak. He's dressed in robes, ceremonial in appearance walking with a knobby wooden staff capped with another human skull. The three of them slowly step over to the side of the carriage.

[It is now possible for those in the cart to glimpse the three wererats]

Olo: Opens the carriage door and speaks to the robed man. "Open the gate please. I'm on king's business!"

The robed man lifts a hand to pull back his hood, revealing a truly ugly face, very gaunt with small yellow-ish eyes. His hair is matted and filthy, his ears and septum are pierced with bone jewelry.

Wererat with Spear: (Survival Check to detect Aura, -4 for conditions: =18)

Wererat with Crossbow: (Survival Check to detect Aura, -4 for conditions: =14)

Robed Wererat: (Survival Check to detect Aura, -4 for conditions: =28)

The three wererats all seem to sniff the air and glance back towards the cart.

Robed Wererat: "Kings business??? What business exactly?" The robed wererat asks.

Olo: Opens the door wider so the man can see Xiaolong and Emiko. "I'm escorting this Caishian slaver to a meeting, which requires that I pass through your clans territory." (Bluff: = 21)

Robed Wererat: (Sense Motive: =9) Stares at Xiaolong and Emiko. "Not everday you see foreigners like that eh?..." He sneers licking his lips as he eyes Emiko. "...But what I'm really curious about is what you have chained back in that cart?!"

Olo: "Those are gifts for the king... a few werewolves I got the drop on earlier." He says smiling as if very proud of himself. (Bluff: = 15)

Robed Wererat: (Sense Motive: = 10) "Impressive... but if they're gifts for the king, why are you taking them with you on this errand?"

Olo: "I'm pressed for time! I already put Mr. Xiao-something-or-other behind schedule capturing the werewolves in the first place. I will deliver them as soon as I drop him off." (Bluff: =13)

The Wererat wearing the chainmail with the spear steps closer towards the cart, lowering the tip of his spear as if he was planning to jab something with it out of curiosity or malice.

Robed Wererat: (Sense Motive: =12) "Unfortunately... I cannot permit you to enter our territory with such dangerous prisoners."

Olo: Glares at the wererat holding the spear. "Excuse me! There'll be none of that! Those are MY prisoners." (Intimidate: = 4)

Wererat with Spear: Turns to Olo and sneers with sheer wickedness, clearly not at all intimidated by the wee-halfling. Yet he does hold of prodding anything with the spear for the moment

Olo: Stiffens at the robed wererats statement. "You cannot permit me? I am a kings gatekeeper! I may use any road I see fit!"

Robed Wererat: Raises a finger. "But only whilst you are on official business."

Olo: Produces his forged orders and shakes them angrily in his hand. "I am! I have orders here, signed by the king himself! What's your name?! I'll have all three of your heads on pikes if you delay me a moment longer!" (Intimidate: = 18)

Robed Wererat: (Sense Motive: = 11) Raises his hand apologetically. "No need to get angry. I too am a gatekeeper of sorts with a similar job to do. But, I know a solution that will keep me out of trouble with the chief, and let you complete your task unimpeded. Why don't you just unhitch your cart here until you return?"

Olo: Laughs. "So you can steal my valuable prisoners? I think not..."

Robed Wererat: "Leave one of your guards behind if you don't trust me. But unless your orders from the king specifically say that you must transport these dangerous werewolves through our territory, I'm afraid I must insist..."

[What do you do?]

rtcvb32
12-22-2013, 01:46 AM
(Suppress Aura:20, Rabi's check:10)

Sauel touches Rabi stroking him slowly hoping to help him remain calm, just a little bit sometimes was enough, but depending on how tired the wolf was he might be unconscious. Suppressing his aura wasn't the easiest thing to do, it felt like beetles crawling all over his body as his inner beast wanted to call out to a pack, maybe not the same pack it was used to but something similar enough that would recognize him for what he was, perhaps even a little playful fight to the death.

This wasn't too good, although the gate guards and didn't seem to be trying to make too much trouble; Some of their attitude suggested they were bored rather than being loyal (to Sauel at least). The solutions offered by them seemed halfway reasonable, but that made Sauel nervous based on how the area was the undercity. Olo's bluff was probably accurate, they would more than likely steal what they could rather than protect it. You might be able to bribe them, but that would raise more suspicion than fighting them off with legal rights. Leaving anyone behind beyond a WereRat or someone with actual strength to hold off all three was most likely a death sentence, plus potentially the large rats added in the mix who could be WereRats; Of course if one of their two 'guards' was charming enough to keep them occupied and become instant friends while being forgettable it was possible he might just get away unscathed and no worse for wear. The elf? Maybe but he seemed to be too new to lycanthropes. Cael? Sauel could only guess, he seemed like a good enough fellow and loyal companion, but he shouldn't have been here. Xia? Again Sauel had no clue.

As for fighting the best they could do is hope to act quickly, if the gate was left unattended or with bodies left behind they wouldn't have time to complete their mission if it took half an hour, and Sauel had no doubt they would become a target, and all orders would be looked over with the due scrutiny they deserved to expose them for what they were. No, fighting had to be avoided.

Shun001
12-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Xiaolong listened to this banter between the two gate keepers when he decided to try his hand at diplomacy, he calmly looked over and interjected his opinion.

"Take too much the time, already late. I make the deal if you let pass I come back tonight deliver much more rare beast, one never see in all land. Maybe that will please?" (Diplomacy=>24)

He looked at them with the intent to deliver his claim. Hoping his offer would appease them.

~hopefully I can appeal to them, though if the circumstance were any different I wouldn't even talk to such vile beast~

voidoblivion
12-22-2013, 10:36 AM
BEING but a lowly Kolbold and not a werewolf he has nothing to ad to this conversation that would benefit them as a whole. So he sits quietly next to his Master.

Daydreaming
12-22-2013, 11:01 AM
~That smell... Burning bodies... I know it all too well...~

{Emiko looks sad and adrift in memories as the carriage approaches the burned bodies. Her expression changes to a more concerned one when she notices the wererats.}

~This doesn't seem right... I wish I could just burn all these vermin to ashes... I don't trust this creature one bit... But I must be the slave right now... There is nothing I can do without risking the others... This is so hard caring for others... Such a pain... Having friends I can trust in will be worth it I hope... I am so tired of being alone...~

{Emiko shifts in her seat when the robed wererat looks at her, licking his lips. She turns her head so she doesn't have to look at him, and leans forward to place her hand on Xiaolong's knee as if to request his protection, like a frightened Geisha might do. She still doesn't make a sound, only waits for the danger to pass so they can continue on their way.}

Narayan
12-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Robed Wererat: Lifts a thin finger to his bony chin in contemplation of the slavers offer.

Wererat with Spear: (Spot Check to notice Sauel pet Rabi, DC 17: = 22) Suddenly, the wererat standing by the cart with the spear notices Sauel move to pet Rabi and reacts! (Power Attack w/ spear against Sauel, flat footed AC is 14: = 14, Hit!)(Location: Right Eye)(Damage: = 23, Serious Damage!)

Sauel the wolf doesn't even see the attack coming as the wererat's spear stabs itself through his right eye!

[Sauel: You do have options to avoid taking the damage using character points. You can use 2 points to force me to re-roll the spot that noticed you petting Rabi, or, you can use 2 points to make me re-roll the attack roll.]

< Everyone else, please refrain from reacting to this post until Sauel decides if he wants to use his character points or not. >

rtcvb32
12-23-2013, 03:49 AM
(Based on the scenario I'll spend 2 points to re-roll the spot check.)

Narayan
12-23-2013, 04:15 AM
< Acknowledged Sauel, the wererat rolled a 16 on his spot check on the re roll so you are safe now. >

...to continue where I left off before the wererat spotted you

Robed Wererat: Lifts a thin finger to his bony chin in contemplation of the slavers offer. "Hmm, I admit I'm intrigued. New and exotic sacrifices for tomorrow's full moon ceremony would be nice... I accept your counter-proposal! Assuming your escort here will serve as witness to this arrangement?"

Olo: "I do."

Robed Wererat: "Good!" Extends his frail hand forward for the halfling to shake. "My name is Conrat Blackclaw."

Olo: "I am Geary Stout." (Bluff: = 17)

Conrat Blackclaw: (Sense Motive: = 14) Nods at Olo. "And you are?" He asks the slaver.

Shun001
12-23-2013, 04:39 AM
"Xiaolong, of Shu clan. I come Caishia very far, you see time the money friend I make time you later tonight take the care"

Xiaolong bowed multiple times while shaking the guards hand. He wanted to keep his urgent persona as to not leave any longer openings to trouble then needed.

~If i make it back tonight he will be in for a real treat~

Narayan
12-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Conrat Blackclaw: Smiles slightly and steps back from the carriage. "Open the gate!" He orders the hybrid wererats, who hurry to do his bidding.

At that point, the carriage jerks forward again with a sharp crack of the drivers whip. However, as you pass through the gate, you are disturbed to notice that the bodies hanging on the gates are still alive!

They squirm and plead to you for help, close enough to touch as the carriage windows move past them. Meanwhile, the five giant rats don't get much closer before the carriage passes the bonfires and wall of skulls.

Olo: Sits down again with a hug heave of a breath. "That was close. Good thinking with that counter-proposal Xiaolong! I owe you a drink for that one... However, Conrat Blackclaw is not going to be happy when he realizes he's been duped."

"I'll have to keep an eye over my shoulder for a while in case he comes after me seeking revenge. Giving him a false name won't buy me much time. The undercity is a very small place for someone in my position."

Cael: Seems shaken, kneading his hands together. "I've... never seen anything so disturbing! Those bodies... all those skulls... what a hellish place this is!"

Meanwhile, back in the cart...

Purusartha: Speaks softly at Sauel over the noise of the cart bouncing and rattling over the stony ground. "I think I saw you move back there for a moment, comforting Rabi. Try and be more careful. We're supposed to be unconscious, one false move might prompt an attack. That wererat back there with the spear for example, seemed all too eager to do us harm."

"I'm not sure it was such a good idea to bring Rabi with us down here. If those giant rats had gotten any closer, he probably would've reacted badly, as animals will when they are cornered."

rtcvb32
12-24-2013, 02:44 AM
"I know..." Sauel replied in barley a whisper. "Had he jumped up or whimpered or acted it could have turned out badly. When we get a quiet spot maybe we can send him back through the portal and continue without him..." Since they had the portal with them it was an option, assuming Olo thought they could take a minute to do it. Sauel's small movements would have been nearly impossible to detect, as his hand wasn't moving so much as just his fingers within Rabi's furr; But then again the undercity personnel were probably much more used to the dark than any of them were; and more jumpy.

"I hope it remains quiet..." Sauel had actually thought they would be traveling through a maze and avoiding detection, not acting as prisoners to get through the area.

Shun001
12-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Olo: Sits down again with a hug heave of a breath. "That was close. Good thinking with that counter-proposal Xiaolong! I owe you a drink for that one... However, Conrat Blackclaw is not going to be happy when he realizes he's been duped."

"Who say lie about offer? I Intend deliver my promise..."

Xiaolong pulls apart his robe revealing two very deep large indents on his chest, one right below his left collar bone and the other caving deep down in the middle of his rib cage

"I have confession. I wear hakutaku, a bull, I have the infect 30 year ago. Challenge master of north ox school. I thought become new master of south, but I too arrogant."

He packs some more tobacco into his pipe and takes a drag.

"I travel far find truth of self. Overcome curse of Ox master, but I failed monk. I try kill self but curse keep here. Now find new master of north, maybe find truth in self."

Xiaolong feels like a weight is lifted from his conscious being truthful to his comrades, hoping to earn more of their trust and make his intentions clear.

voidoblivion
12-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Cred glances briefly at Xiaolong and listens having n clue what he is talking about.

Daydreaming
12-24-2013, 06:34 PM
~I'm glad he got us through that, but what is he talking about....? I really need to teach him the language...~

"Infection? You wear a bull? What... You'll have to explain to me what you mean later..." She speaks quietly to Xiaolong, utterly confused by his broken dialect.

{She makes herself comfortable in her seat once again, preparing for what is to come.}

Riderpride
12-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Arminas' nerves loosen as they are allowed to pass the main gates. Once out of eyeshot, he lets out a slow, lengthy sigh of relief.

Narayan
12-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Olo: Raises a brow at Xiaolong after he reveals his scars. "You're a Werebull?! Interesting... I suppose I should be irked that you didn't mention this before... but seeing as the Wererats couldn't tell, I suppose it is a non-issue. Besides, Werebulls and Wererats are not natural enemies of each other like Werewolves and Wererats are."

The scenery within the RatsMoon clans territory is rather poor. No large buildings can be seen along the road in this cavern, but you do pass through several villages of crude huts and tents. Eventually though, you start to approach another cavern.

Olo: "Ah, here we are... the border with the RatKeeper clan."

The carriage approaches a stone bridge built over a fast moving stream. On the other side is a gate between two crude stone towers. Your carriage moves across the bridge and comes to a halt before the gate. Four Wererats can be seen atop the towers overlooking the gate, one of which is in hybrid form. They each hold heavy crossbows.

Olo: Opens the carriage door and shouts up at the towers. "Open the gate please, kings business!"

The gate opens a crack and another Wererat steps over to the side of the carriage. This one is rather tall, older then the last one you dealt with. He has streaks of grey in his short hair and beard with cool grey eyes. His cloak is made of rat fur, and he wears fine leather gloves. One of his hands rests lightly on the pommel of a long sword, the other he keeps hooked in his sword belt.

Wererat with Rats cloak: "Good evening gatekeeper. My names Thrace Redhand, I'm the guard captain of this entrance to the RatKeeper clan. What might I ask is your business in our territory?"

Olo: Hands over his forged orders. "I'm escorting this slaver to the UnderHearth Inn."

Thrace Redhand: Nods glancing at the orders. (Survival Check to detect Werewolf auras: = 13, Fails, but has no trouble smelling Rabi) Raises his eyes for a moment sniffing. "Is that a wolf I smell back there???" He asks surprised.

Olo: Smiles "It is indeed! I managed to drug and capture some Werewolves on my way to meet Mr. Xiaolong here in the old surface mines." (Bluff: = 25)

Thrace Redhand: (Sense Motive: = 21) Nods appreciatively. "Nice catch... what do you plan to do with them?"

Olo: "I'm going to hand them over to the King to do with as he see's fit. But catching them in the first place has put me behind schedule so I need to rush to bring Mr. Xiaolong to his meeting before I can deliver them." (Bluff: = 28)

Thrace Redhand: (Sense Motive: = 18) "Ok well, would you mind if I check their condition? I wouldn't want them to escape if your drugs wear off..."

Olo: "Not at all, I'd appreciate it."

Thrace steps back to the cart, looking over the prone Werewolves with one hand grasped around the hilt of his sword. His other hand reaches to give a good yank on the chains holding Yorick. The big Ahuran doesn't react, but the noise causes Rabi's ear to flick.

Thrace Redhand: (Spot Check to notice Rabi, DC 15: = 12, Fail) However Thrace seems too tired and weary to notice, so he steps back over to the carriage satisfied. "They still seem well drugged. I'll let you be on your way then. Open the gates!" He shouts up at the towers.

Once the gates open, the driver cracks his whip again and the carriage moves between the towers. Beyond the gates lies a town with proper buildings, much nicer then the hovels the RatsMoon clan habitat.

Olo: "The UnderHearth Inn isn't far from here. We'll leave the carriage there, and then make our way to meet ghost on foot. The area we'll be traveling too isn't claimed by anyone, so there will be no need for pretenses. Anything we encounter down there will likely try and kill us just the same." He says matter-of-factly.

__________________________________________________ __

[Approximate Time = 3 AM]

Shun001
12-25-2013, 02:46 AM
"I give you the thank gatekeeper, you good man work very hard."

His pipe went out again as he pulled the burnt tobacco out the tip and rested back on his lap.

"Though if you no mind I like keep the cloths, much better then the hemp one"

Xiaolong laughs as he joked to Olo.

Narayan
12-26-2013, 02:36 AM
Olo: "Be my guest." He says to Xiaolong with a chuckle.

The caverns that are home to the RatKeeper clan seem a bit smaller then those of the Ratsmoon clan, but you'd guess there were actually more wererats living here. However their dwellings are built with greater care, and the wererats look less wicked and violent as a whole. Though that really isn't saying much.

You pass through two cavern-towns, the latter much less established then the first. Not long after, there are no more lights to be seen and the road becomes less obvious. It is only the lanterns on the carriage and the sharp eyes of the driver that guide you through the dark. The road starts to take on a perceptible downward slope, and the driver has to make use of the brake quite a bit, but finally after another few miles you do spot light again in the distance.

Olo: "That is our destination."

The UnderHearth Inn isn't like a usual building, instead it's been designed to make use of its natural surroundings, It's front wall for instance is built over the entrance to a cave which must form the majority of its interior space. Six small shuttered windows can be seen from outside,four at ground level, and two more up above indicating the Inn has at least two floors. Besides the windows, there are four more lanterns hanging outside the inn creating a large pool of light for loading and unloading the carriage

A large rocky outcropping juts over the front entrance requiring anyone taller then six feet to stoop a bit to reach the door. There are iron rings conveniently hammered into the surrounding stone for mounts and pets to be tied up along with buckets of water and grain to feed them. Several mounts are thus tied, along with a pair of shaggy donkeys, similar to the ones Olo is using to pull his carriage. Olo spots the donkeys and curses.

Olo: “Damn! I recognize those mounts, they are from the kings stock. There must be kings men inside, though not likely lesser officials like myself, we tend to travel by carriage. They probably came through by another entrance, else that man Thrace would have mentioned them.”

Olo leans out the carriage window and shouts at the driver. “Keep moving!" The carriage swings away from the Inn deeper into the dark unknown. Once the light of the inn has faded far from sight it halts. "Douse the lights!" Olo orders the driver who quickly obeys.

"We can't let any kings men spot this carriage or they'll surely be asking questions. Neither can I allow myself to be recognized...” He says opening the carriage door and stepping down to the ground. He takes a minute to carefully look around... making use of his darkvision, as does Cael (and I presume Cred?), before lanterns are lit again.

Olo: (Spot Check: = 26)

Cael: (Spot Check: = 18)

[What do you do?]

voidoblivion
12-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Like a good slave he kept his head down and did not notice anything (spot 5)

Narayan
12-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Olo: Spots movement in the darkness at the edge of his darkvision and startles just as a heavy crossbow bolt fires at him!

(Heavy Crossbow Bolt Attack vs. AC 19: = 8, Miss)

Those of you without darkvision of course see nothing, you just hear the sound of Olo cry out followed by the thud of something embedding itself into the wooden side of the carriage.

Olo: "Light the lanterns, we're under attack!" He shouts at his guards.

[Everyone roll initiative and declare actions for next round!]

rtcvb32
12-26-2013, 04:17 PM
The surprise they are under attack didn't sound good, and he had little doubt he would be going out to help the others. Well only time would tell, in the meantime he wouldn't be waiting.

(Init: 13, goes early defensive via house rules (+2 AC, -4 hit) and my action would be to shift to wolf form when my turn comes. I'm certain if Puru tells him not to change he won't change, and Puru is most likely the one to say the command word to release the chains. With a move action leftover he can move as directed to help get flanking for someone.)

Shun001
12-26-2013, 07:18 PM
(initiative=>20)

Xiaolong grabs his pipe in his hand and proceeds to rush himself out of the carriage by Olo's side.
(normal action equip weapon Machi-kanshisha pipe) (movement action)

He then proceeds to listen into the darkness to discern the direction and number of foes

(listen check=>22)

Riderpride
12-26-2013, 10:38 PM
((1D20+4 => 22#Initiative))

Arminas' hands reflexively jump to his bow, as Olo calls out the enemy assault, eyes scanning the horizon for their attackers. ((1D20+12 => 20#Spot))

Daydreaming
12-28-2013, 12:34 AM
~Time for some fun...~

{Emiko moves to get out of the carriage to stand with the others. She stuffs Kitsune into her haori, as she moves to the door of the carriage.}

(Initiative: 1D20+3 => 13)

Narayan
12-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Cael: (Initiative: = 18)

Cred: (Initiative: = 20)

Enemies: (Initiative: = 15)

Enemy Leader: (Initiative: = 15)

Olo's Guard 1: (Initiative: = 11)

Olo's Guard 2: (Initiative: = 22)

Olo's Guard 3: (Initiative: = 8)

Olo's Guard 4: (Initiative: = 8)

Olo: (Initiative: = 20)

Purusartha: (Initiative: = 25)

Yorick: (Initiative: = 20)

So it seems the order of initiative will be:

Purusartha
Arminas
Olo's Guard 2
Cred
Yorick
Olo
Xiaolong
Cael
Enemy Leader
Enemies
Emiko
Sauel
Olo's Guard 1
Olo's Guard 3
Olo's Guard 4
__________________________________________________ __

Purusartha: "Ironbreak!" He shouts, feeling the manacles fall off his wrists and ankles (as they do for everyone on the cart). Then he casts Light on one of the manacles itself, letting it hang over the side of the cart, which illuminates a radius of 20 feet like a torch and an additional 20 feet of dim light beyond that. Lastly he takes a move action to leap from the cart to the ground at the rear of the carriage where he can open the chest holding his weapons next round.

The light from his spell does not illuminate any foes within its range at this moment.

[Sauel: In regards to your planned actions, in order to declare fighting defensively you must first have a weapon ready (even a natural one, which you obviously don't have in humanoid form).

Right now you don't have any weapons at the ready on your person so you can't draw one as part of an early move action. (If you have a weapon concealed on your person at this moment you could only draw it on your turn as a standard action, and then declare fighting defensively as a full round action.)

You could take an early defensive move now by moving off the cart to the chest where Purusartha stands (and get partial cover) and use your move action on your turn to ready a weapon from the chest. When you do have a weapon in your hands on your turn, you wouldn't be able to make any attacks so you couldn't fight defensively but I'll allow you to passively parry with that weapon.

OR, if its more important for you to shift into wolf form on your turn (as a standard action) you could wait to do that and then still have a move action afterward. If you remain prone, lying on the cart as you are, I'll give you a partial cover bonus to your AC from missile weapons until you aren't.

What do you want to do?]

[Xiaolong: Technically your listen check shouldn't take place until your turn, but I will let you make the check now as a passive check so you won't actually use up a move action because we'll say you heard this the moment before the crossbow bolt was fired at Olo.

You're ears hint there is a group of several heavy-footed humanoids at a distance approximately 60 ft. away from Olo. You even hear one of them bark a command to the others, but you aren't fluent with their language.

If you make a Knowledge Local check now before your turn (DC 13) you can identify their tongue. BUT that check would be a Standard Action because you are attempting it early.
What do you want to do?]

[Those of you who have declared actions, may of course modify those actions on your turn if circumstances change and you change your mind. You may also take an immediate action (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/actions) before your turn, or an Early Move (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/combat) as I describe in my House Rules (https://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page).]

[Also, since I am saying Xiaolong had a chance to make a listen check before your initiative roll I will give the same chance to the rest of you, but the DC to hear what he heard is 22]

rtcvb32
12-28-2013, 04:59 AM
(Then I'll just lay low, retain the AC bonus for being prone (vs ranged), then shift/move when it comes to my turn.)

voidoblivion
12-28-2013, 06:49 AM
(1D20+7 => 20 #Initiative)

He hides waiting to see who in the party needs to be healed, while also seeing if he can spot the attackers.

Shun001
12-28-2013, 04:53 PM
"you cannot strike the wind" Xiaolong states in Caishian

(Xiaolong goes into total defense for the round awaiting an enemy to approach granting a total AC of 21 with a bonus to total defense with +5 tumble ranks)

"let me the defend" Xiaolong states to the party members close to him as he takes a 5 foot step forward from them.

Xiaolong stands strait and tall with his pipe held vertical in front of his face, His open arm is placed underneath his hand extending forwards with an open palm facing up.

Narayan
12-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Olo's Guard 2: Hurries to obey Olo's order, using a full round action to light both lanterns on the carriage. (Treat both lanterns as hooded lanters, which provide bright illumination to a range of 30ft and dim illumination to a distance of 60 ft.)

The added light from the lanterns does not reveal any enemies so they must be just out of range. (Goes without saying, the light also cancels any darkvision any of you were using)

[Cred: You are unable to spot any enemies yet within the range of the light, so I assume you will 'hold' your action until you see anyone who needs healing.]

Yorick: The big Ahuran also leaps from the cart to the ground beside Purusartha. (Jump Check: = Auto Success) He uses another move action to open the chest and retrieve his trident.

Olo: Takes a move action to draw his short sword and dagger, holding his standard action to attack any enemies that come within melee range. "They're Bugbears!" He shouts back to the rest of you, having been close enough to glimpse them with his darkvision before the lights were lit.

[Xiaolong: You do as you said]

Cael: "Bugbears?! Emiko, stay within the carriage! We'll need the cover from their ranged weapons." He says to her using a move action readying his heavy crossbow, crouching beside one of the windows beside Arminas who is already doing the same, holding his attack action to fire at any enemies who come within sight.

Bugbear Leader: (Fires another heavy crossbow bolt at Olo: = 7, Miss) His crossbow bolt misses Olo worse then the first, skipping off the stony ground beside him. "Fire!" He orders the others who release a volley of heavy crossbow bolts!

Bugbear 1: (Fires Heavy Crossbow at Olo's Guard 2: = 15, Hits)(Location: = Head)(Damage: = 1)(Fort Save. Vs. Stun, DC 11: = 9, Fail)

The Bugbears crossbow bolt hits Olo's guard in the back of his skull (the same one who just lit the lanterns), glancing off his helm because it doesn't penetrate its hardness... but still doing impact damage. The guard fails his save and is now stunned! (-2 to AC, looses dex to AC, can't take actions)

Bugbear 2: (Fires Heavy Crossbow at Sauel, -4 penalty from his cover: = 17, Hit)(Location: Left Hand)(Damage: 5)(Stuck in flesh until removed, -1 to all checks until removed)

Bugbear 3: (Fires Heavy Crossbow at Olo's Guard #3: = 23, Possible Crit!)(Confirm Crit Roll: = 16, Confirmed)(Location: = Left Leg)(Damage: = 6)

Olo's Guard #3 screams as the heavy crossbow bolt punches through his left leg! (Bleeding Damage at 1hp per round, -1 to all checks, Half Move)

[Cred: Do you wish to move from the cover of the carriage to help Olo's Guard #3?]

Bugbear 4: (Fires Heavy Crossbow at Arminas, -4 to attack from cover: = 17, Miss)

The Bugbears heavy crossbow bolt narrowly misses Arminas embedding itself in the wooden side of the carriage!

Bugbear 5: (Fires Heavy Crossbow at Olo: = 11, Miss)

This Bugbears heavy crossbow bolt also skips off the ground near Olo as he misses.

The Bugbears then drop their crossbows as a free action, and ready morningstars hanging from straps on their arms as they move 30 ft. towards the carriage entering the dim light. These muscular humanoids stand seven feet tall, with coarse hair covering their thick hides where it is not covered by studded leather armor. Their noses resemble that of a bear, and their mouths are full of sharp fangs. Their eyes are small, dark and bestial, but their movements are coordinated and intelligent.

[Arminas: You now get to use your held full attack action to fire arrows at the Bugbears]

[Cael: Will fire his crossbow bolt after Arminas fires arrows]

[Emiko: After Cael fires his crossbow bolt you can act next. Do you wish to modify your action at this point?]

voidoblivion
12-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Goes to Olos aid and heals him. (1D8+3 => 11 #cure light wounds)

Narayan
12-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Amaya: Amaya sat legs and arms crossed in the back seat of the carriage. Not worrying about anything it would seem while she still had alot on her mind. Hearing the door open, Amaya turned to look to see who it was. Amaya gave no smile to the Sargeant as He and Saeed spoke quickly. Once the conversation was over and the carriage was once again on its way, Amaya turned to Saeed. "So where are we going? first off, second, I thought the rats would not take on the Vulkyrie or do you have more then just were-rats in the streets? I thought the all lycanthropes were killed or pushed from the city exept for the rats who hide in the sewers. " Amaya asked looking at Saeed while she searched for answers keeping her arms and legs crossed, cloak covering herself.

Saeed: "I am taking you to a friends place. Her name is Gael, she has a large home with a few extra rooms. You'll be safe there and you can trust her. As for your other question, I cannot say for certain what sort of lycanthropes were battling the Vulkyrie in the streets tonight but I highly doubt it was just wererats."

"You see, the wererat king, King Kyser, has made a truce with the Vulkyrie. They've agreed to split the profits from the undercity mines so King Kyser would be very put off by any of his subjects stirring up animosity from the Vulkyrie. You can bet if Wererats were involved in tonight's incident they wouldn't be sent by him."

"More likely, another sort of lycanthrope was also involved. If I were to guess, I'd say Werewolf. Believe it or not, there are a good number of them laying low in certain safe houses in the city. They don't challenge the wererats dominion over the city, but they are fiercely territorial over the dens they do control. And for now at least, King Kyser won't risk angering the Vulkyrie trying to drive them out and causing a scene."

"But, if the guards statement is correct and there were lycanthropes fighting in the streets, the werewolves might have been fighting wererats that weren't beholden to King Kyser directly. Perhaps Kasha's thugs are harassing more then just us this evening eh? They're always causing trouble, it amazes me sometimes that her cult is tolerated at all by the King. But I'm sure their brand of evil has its uses, and I wouldn't presume to know the rat-kings mind."

Riderpride
12-29-2013, 07:12 AM
The Bugbears now in sight, Arminas eyes one up, remaining within the carriage to use as cover. With a flick of his wrist, an arrow is pulled from its quiver, nocked and fired in one fluent and smooth motion.

(Single shot, targeting Bugbear 1. Range: assuming approx 60 ft. based on description that their position is in the dim light area. Total attack bonus +9 vs. AC (+4 Dex, +4 BAB, +1 Enhancement). Damage 1d8+2 (+1 Composite STR, +1 Enhancement). Attack: 1D20+9 => 20 Damage: 1D8+2 => 6 Location (If Applicable): 1D20 => 3 - Right Arm )

Narayan
12-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Goes to Olos aid and heals him. (1D8+3 => 11 #cure light wounds)

Olo's guard is very grateful to you for your healing magic as you restore him to full health.


The Bugbears now in sight, Arminas eyes one up, remaining within the carriage to use as cover. With a flick of his wrist, an arrow is pulled from its quiver, nocked and fired in one fluent and smooth motion.

(Single shot, targeting Bugbear 1. Range: assuming approx 60 ft. based on description that their position is in the dim light area. Total attack bonus +9 vs. AC (+4 Dex, +4 BAB, +1 Enhancement). Damage 1d8+2 (+1 Composite STR, +1 Enhancement). Attack: 1D20+9 => 20 Damage: 1D8+2 => 6 Location (If Applicable): 1D20 => 3 - Right Arm )

The Bugbear roars angrily as your arrow sinks into his right shoulder. (It's the same arm that he's holding his Morningstar with, so he'll likely try and yank the arrow free next round with a swift action)

Cael: (Fires heavy crossbow at Bugbear #4: = 14, Miss)

Cael's crossbow bolt narrowly misses his target, causing him to curse loudly.

[Emiko: It is your turn to act.]

Daydreaming
12-29-2013, 03:42 PM
~Who does he think he is? Telling me to hide in the carriage?! I'm sorry Cael, but I am a powerful woman... Not some little girl... Apparently I must show them...~

{Emiko quickly steps out of the carriage once the bugbears switch to their melee weapons. She fearlessly glares at the bugbears. You see her skin give off a faint glow. She holds up her fist and it erupts into bright blue flames. She hurls a blue flaming blast from her hand at the bugbear that had been hit by Arminas a second before.}

"You should flee while you still can fowl beasts. I will turn you to ashes if you come any further!" She yells in a commanding voice, loud enough for the incoming bugbears to hear her.

(Eldritch blast attack: 1D20+6 => 20, possible crit. Confirm crit: 1D20+6 => 17, Confirmed. Location: 1D20 => 3, Right arm. Damage: 2D6 => 6, 2D6 => 7, Total damage: 13)

Narayan
12-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Emiko's eldritch blast hits the same Bugbear in the same arm as Arminas' arrow did a moment earlier. Except its powerful arcane energy does over twice the damage, roasting the Bugbears arm in a flash of blue flame. The hulking Goblinoid roars in agony, dropping its Morningstar before it passes out and falls to the ground beside it. The other Bugbears pause mid-step as though second-guessing themselves.

Bugbear Leader: Shouts something in Goblin (which none of you understand), ending with the word "Hruggek" (which some of you might recognize if you made a knowledge religion check), just out of range from the circle of light.

Another voice, also hidden in the darkness beyond the range of the light, begins to chant something in Goblin, and suddenly, a glowing Morningstar of pure magical energy appears, floating in the air before Emiko and attacks her!

Bugbear Spiritual Weapon: (Attacks Emiko: = 20, Hit)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: = 4)

[Sauel: It is your turn]

rtcvb32
12-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Removes the arrow from his hand as a swift action (1pt ignored w/DR), then shifts into wolf form moving forward [50ft movement, 20 AC, DR 3/Silver], bounds forward to one of the nearest bugbears (or a caster if that's an option) keeping to the side hopefully not to get in anyone's line of sight, and can give someone flanking who comes up next (assuming they can...).

voidoblivion
12-29-2013, 07:05 PM
(did the Holy Item help translate?)
(( 1D20+5 => 24 #knowledge religion))

Tanarus
12-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Saeed: "I am taking you to a friends place. Her name is Gael, she has a large home with a few extra rooms. You'll be safe there and you can trust her. As for your other question, I cannot say for certain what sort of lycanthropes were battling the Vulkyrie in the streets tonight but I highly doubt it was just wererats."

"You see, the wererat king, King Kyser, has made a truce with the Vulkyrie. They've agreed to split the profits from the undercity mines so King Kyser would be very put off by any of his subjects stirring up animosity from the Vulkyrie. You can bet if Wererats were involved in tonight's incident they wouldn't be sent by him."

"More likely, another sort of lycanthrope was also involved. If I were to guess, I'd say Werewolf. Believe it or not, there are a good number of them laying low in certain safe houses in the city. They don't challenge the wererats dominion over the city, but they are fiercely territorial over the dens they do control. And for now at least, King Kyser won't risk angering the Vulkyrie trying to drive them out and causing a scene."

"But, if the guards statement is correct and there were lycanthropes fighting in the streets, the werewolves might have been fighting wererats that weren't beholden to King Kyser directly. Perhaps Kasha's thugs are harassing more then just us this evening eh? They're always causing trouble, it amazes me sometimes that her cult is tolerated at all by the King. But I'm sure their brand of evil has its uses, and I wouldn't presume to know the rat-kings mind."


AMAYA: Amaya just listened to what Saeed had to say as they rode in the carriage. At this point she was more gathering information then anything else so none of his words surprised her. The thought of many lycanthropes in the city was weird since they were all suppose to be run out or killed. It felt weird to think about, but it would seem there were very few if any were cats or the rats would not be in such a powerful position. "So what am i suppose to do? and suppose to be staying with your friend. I better not have to dress up as a maid and stuff, I clean myself and that's it" Amaya said as the image came to mind and she shook her head free of the thought.

Narayan
12-29-2013, 09:33 PM
(did the Holy Item help translate?)
(( 1D20+5 => 24 #knowledge religion))

[Cred: Ah yes, I forgot... the amulet can translate for you. In your head you hear the amulet repeat what the Bugbear leader shouts. "Do not falter warriors, remember who you serve! Fight for the glory of Hruggek!" (You recognize the name 'Hruggek' as the patron god of Bugbears with your knowledge religion check. A bloodthirsty god of war who delights in ambushes followed by furious combat.)]

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound11.png~original

Narayan
12-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Olo's Guard 1: Uses a double move to move around the cart and stand by Guard #2, who's still currently stunned.

Olo's Guard 3: Uses a move action to move over by Olo, holding his polearm at the ready against the approaching Bugbears.

Olo's Guard 4: Uses a double move to climb over the harness for the donkeys, making his way to stand beside Olo, holding his polearm at the ready against the approaching Bugbears.http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound1End.png~original

__________________________________________________ __

<End of round 1>

Narayan
12-30-2013, 01:10 AM
<Start of Round 2>
__________________________________________________ ___



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


the order of initiative is:

(25) Purusartha
(22) Arminas
(22) Olo's Guard 2
(20) Cred
(20) Yorick
(20) Olo
(20) Xiaolong
(18) Cael
(15) Bugbear Leader
(15) Bugbear Warrior 1 (-6, -13^, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 2
(15) Bugbear Warrior 3
(15) Bugbear Warrior 4
(15) Bugbear Warrior 5 (-5)
(14) Bugbear Cleric
(13) Emiko (-4^)
(13) Sauel (-4)
(11) Olo's Guard 1
(08) Olo's Guard 3
(08) Olo's Guard 4
__________________________________________________ __

Purusartha: Uses a move action to retrieve his composite longbow and ammunition from the chest. He then uses another move action to ready flaming burst arrows to use next round and jumps back on the cart for a higher vantage point (Jump Check: auto success).

[Arminas: It is now your turn.]

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound2Purusartha.png~original

Narayan
12-30-2013, 03:13 AM
AMAYA: Amaya just listened to what Saeed had to say as they rode in the carriage. At this point she was more gathering information then anything else so none of his words surprised her. The thought of many lycanthropes in the city was weird since they were all suppose to be run out or killed. It felt weird to think about, but it would seem there were very few if any were cats or the rats would not be in such a powerful position. "So what am i suppose to do? and suppose to be staying with your friend. I better not have to dress up as a maid and stuff, I clean myself and that's it" Amaya said as the image came to mind and she shook her head free of the thought.

Saeed: Laughs. "Of course not. You're welcome to use your time however you see fit. I'm just trying to do you both a favor." He says.

Deidra: "I am grateful for your offer serving as a smith at your arena, is it too late to take a tour?" She asks Saeed.

Saeed: "Actually no, I'd be happy to give you a tour even at this late hour. We'll be perfectly safe their. But please allow me to make introductions to Gael for Amaya first."

Deidra: "Of course."

The carriage makes its way deep into the inner city, towards the arena, but turns down a side street and makes a couple other turns before it finally comes to stop before a large three-story house. The front door is lit by two lamps, beneath a balcony. Saeed's guards open the carriage door for you and Saeed and also carry your belongings for you.

Saeed leads you to the front door and uses the knocker four times. A few moments later, someone opens a view plate and opens the door a moment later. The man standing in the door is burly and scarred much like Saeed's other guards, except much older. His hair and beard are mostly grey, even white around the temples. His eyes though are calm and deep blue.

Saeed: "Good evening Taros!" He says extending him a warriors grasp.

Taros: "Seems anything but actually... there's all kinds of wild rumors flying around."

Saeed: "Yes of course your right. Is it alright if we come inside? I want to introduce this young lady to Gael."

Taros: Looks at Amaya. "Of course." He says, stepping aside and taking your belongings from Saeed's guard, placing them respectfully on the floor nearby.

The antechamber past the front door is warm and inviting, lit by a small hearth. Four cushioned high-back chairs are placed before the fire and Saeed gestures for you to take a seat. The walls of this structure are solidly built with locally mined bricks and stone adorned with tapestries and displayed armor and weapons. The wooden floors are spread with many rugs.

Taros: "I will bring Gael, help yourself to some Tejj" he says gesturing to a side table with glasses and a round fat-bottomed bottle of spirits before he leaves the room.

Saeed: "Ah yes, my friend Taros is quite fond of this drink... I probably shouldn't but I can't resist... Have you ever had this before? No? Well it is considered an ancient traditional drink of eastern Akhenaten. A sort of honeyed wine, made from the berries of a rare desert shrub, flavored with it's leaves and bark after they've been ground into a powder and mixed with selected spices. This strange bottle is called a berelle, shaped to enhance its aromatic properties..." He says taking a wiff from the top before he pours himself a glass. "It's very sweet, which masks its strong alcohol and makes it easy to drink too much." He says taking a sip before he takes a seat in the chair besides yours.

Taros enters soon afterward followed by a lady in her late fifties most likely. Her hair is very long and mostly grey but is still dark in some places, tied in a long braid behind her back. Her eyes are kind and dark brown. She wears a traditional Akhenaten dress and walks with an exotic looking yellow cat held in her arms.

Saeed: Stands respectfully to greet her. "Hello Gael. I hope we're not disturbing you?"

Gael: "Don't be silly Saeed. After everything you've done for us, you'll always be welcome in my home." She says. "And who is this?" She asks smiling at Amaya.

Saeed: "This is Amaya, Awanseiga's daughter."

Gael: "Ah what a coincidence... your mother also liked to color her hair blue like that when she was young. Did you know that?" She asks Amaya.

[Amaya: Make a survival check to detect a lycanthrope aura, DC 20]

Riderpride
12-30-2013, 09:52 AM
His first arrow lands, and he looks on as Emiko unleashes her power on the same bugbear, sending it to the ground in a torrent of blue flame. With a bit of a grin, he turns his focus further to his right, where Sauel had engaged another of the Bugbear beasts. Taking hold of another arrow he draws back, taking an extra second to adjust his aim slightly so as not to hit Sauel with the shot. With a slow exhale, his fingers loosen their grip on the arrow, the string on his bow singing its familiar song in Arminas' ear as it launches the arrow forth.

(Single shot again, targeting Bugbear B5. Total attack bonus +9 (+4 Dex, +4 BAB, +1 Enhancement. Ignore penalty for firing into melee with Precise Shot. 1d8+2 Damage, +1 from 1 STR Composite, +1 from enhancement).

1D20+9 => 19 Attack, 1D8+2 => 5 Damage, 1D20 => 20 Location - Eye)

Tanarus
12-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Saeed: Laughs. "Of course not. You're welcome to use your time however you see fit. I'm just trying to do you both a favor." He says.

Deidra: "I am grateful for your offer serving as a smith at your arena, is it too late to take a tour?" She asks Saeed.

Saeed: "Actually no, I'd be happy to give you a tour even at this late hour. We'll be perfectly safe their. But please allow me to make introductions to Gael for Amaya first."

Deidra: "Of course."

The carriage makes its way deep into the inner city, towards the arena, but turns down a side street and makes a couple other turns before it finally comes to stop before a large three-story house. The front door is lit by two lamps, beneath a balcony. Saeed's guards open the carriage door for you and Saeed and also carry your belongings for you.

Saeed leads you to the front door and uses the knocker four times. A few moments later, someone opens a view plate and opens the door a moment later. The man standing in the door is burly and scarred much like Saeed's other guards, except much older. His hair and beard are mostly grey, even white around the temples. His eyes though are calm and deep blue.

Saeed: "Good evening Taros!" He says extending him a warriors grasp.

Taros: "Seems anything but actually... there's all kinds of wild rumors flying around."

Saeed: "Yes of course your right. Is it alright if we come inside? I want to introduce this young lady to Gael."

Taros: Looks at Amaya. "Of course." He says, stepping aside and taking your belongings from Saeed's guard, placing them respectfully on the floor nearby.

The antechamber past the front door is warm and inviting, lit by a small hearth. Four cushioned high-back chairs are placed before the fire and Saeed gestures for you to take a seat. The walls of this structure are solidly built with locally mined bricks and stone adorned with tapestries and displayed armor and weapons. The wooden floors are spread with many rugs.

Taros: "I will bring Gael, help yourself to some Tejj" he says gesturing to a side table with glasses and a round fat-bottomed bottle of spirits before he leaves the room.

Saeed: "Ah yes, my friend Taros is quite fond of this drink... I probably shouldn't but I can't resist... Have you ever had this before? No? Well it is considered an ancient traditional drink of eastern Akhenaten. A sort of honeyed wine, made from the berries of a rare desert shrub, flavored with it's leaves and bark after they've been ground into a powder and mixed with selected spices. This strange bottle is called a berelle, shaped to enhance its aromatic properties..." He says taking a wiff from the top before he pours himself a glass. "It's very sweet, which masks its strong alcohol and makes it easy to drink too much." He says taking a sip before he takes a seat in the chair besides yours.

Taros enters soon afterward followed by a lady in her late fifties most likely. Her hair is very long and mostly grey but is still dark in some places, tied in a long braid behind her back. Her eyes are kind and dark brown. She wears a traditional Akhenaten dress and walks with an exotic looking yellow cat held in her arms.

Saeed: Stands respectfully to greet her. "Hello Gael. I hope we're not disturbing you?"

Gael: "Don't be silly Saeed. After everything you've done for my family, you'll always be welcome in my home." She says. "And who is this?" She asks smiling at Amaya.

Saeed: "This is Amaya, Awanseiga's daughter."

Gael: "Ah what a coincidence... your mother also liked to color it like that when she was young. Did you know that?" She asks Amaya.

[Amaya: Make a survival check to detect a lycanthrope aura, DC 20]




Amaya: Amaya sighed a little in relief and relaxed back into her seat hearing she wouldn't have to play maid for anyone. It wasn't her style at all, she liked to just relax and take it easy unless she needed to move. For the rest of the short carriage ride, Amaya relaxed and thought about where she might be heading and what she had gotten herself into just by doing what she thought was "right". When the ride stopped, Amaya stood and stepped out of the carriage on her own. She was a women but never raised as a "lady", where she would take the help of men where to open doors and such. Not that she had an issue with such things, she was just not raised in a place where that would happen.

Coming to the door she felt a little out of place. She didn't have alot but what she did have was carried by someone else while she was somewhere completely foreign and with no idea what was going on. Once inside Amaya looked around while listening to Saeed speak of the drink he seemed to not be able to help himself in indulging in. Takeing a seat akwardly, Amaya waited to be greeted by the person Saeed had mentioned named Gael.

Hearing then enter and Saeed turning and standing to greet them. Amaya turned her attention toward the women. Amaya smelled something but was not sure what it was, maybe just the cat the women held in her arms. Hearing the women speak to her, Amaya's attention once again turned to the women. "You knew my mother when she was younger? How old are you... 100?" Amaya asked as she turned away from the women, Although she was here to learn more about her mother.. Hearing she was alot like her mother was not something she wanted to hear but she felt she would hear alot more nonetheless. After a moment Amaya turned back to the women, "Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you" Amaya apologized.

Narayan
12-30-2013, 09:52 PM
[Arminas: Your arrow streaks over to strike Bugbear #5 in the skull, grazing his left eye. The bugbear howls with pain, staggering a bit as he is temporarily blinded in that eye.]

Olo's Guard #2: (Turns and readies his light crossbow, aiming at Bugbear #4)(Fires crossbow at Bugbear #4: =4, possible fumble)(Confirm fumble: = 16, confirmed)

As he fires his drawstring snaps! So his crossbow bolt merely flies a few feet and falls to the ground.

[Cred: It is now your turn]

voidoblivion
12-31-2013, 07:45 AM
After healing Olo's guard just moments before, he stays crouched down behind the other tall people, holding his actions as he watches to see whom else will need his help in healing.

Narayan
01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Yorick: Uses a double move (80 ft) to rush beside Sauel-the-wolf, readying his trident to attack a Bugbear if they provoke an attack of opportunity.

Olo: (Decides to fight defensively this round, holding his full attack action until the Bugbears come within melee range)

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound2Yorick.png~original

[Xiaolong: It is your turn]

Shun001
01-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Xiaolong noticing Emiko being attacked by the magical construct reacts quickly to try and assist. He quickly lets go of his pipe as he swiftly begins to strike at the floating morning star.

(free action drop weapon, Flurry of blows full round action)

His fist emit a faint glow as he lets off two quick swings on the target

(Ki strike 50% chance to hit => 4, 16/ confirmed 1 hit bypass incorporeal/ Roll to hit AC 12 => 15 HIT/ roll for damage above damage reduction 7 => 1d8+4= 5 no damage bypass hardness 7)

His fist flew through the target on the first swing causing a little frustration but his second swing managed not to pass through making contact with the weapon, but to his dismay his punch did not impact with enough force to damage the weapon.

"not hard enough" he scoffed as his swings failed.

Narayan
01-02-2014, 04:22 AM
Cael: Shouts in alarm as the Bugbear's spiritual weapon appears and strikes Emiko. He immediately drops his heavy crossbow, pulling his masterwork greatspike axe off his back as he quickly steps from the carriage. "Emiko!" He says, reaching to attempt to pull her away from, and impose himself, between her and the spiritual weapon.

[Emiko: If you do not resist and allow Cael to pull you back I will let you to switch places with him as an early move action on your part. (The spiritual weapon has no ability to make attacks of opportunity against you) The caster will then likely be forced to target Cael with the weapon instead of you this round. Then, on your turn, you can still shift over and use your eldritch blast against a target of your choosing. In essence, you will just be permitting Cael to provide you with some cover in the meantime. What do you do?]

Daydreaming
01-02-2014, 05:46 AM
{Emiko's confident smile turns to an annoyed scowl when she sees the spiritual weapon appear before her. Before she can react, it hits her in the arm. She flinches from the pain of the blow, but looks out into the darkness confused about who cast this spell upon her. Unable to see the one who chose to attack her, she grows frustrated. While Xiaolong makes a failing attempt to damage the weapon, she immediately hears Cael scream her name, as he moves to protect her from harm. Still a bit startled, she allows Cael to pull her away from harm. As he grabs her to quickly trade places, her skin flashes a bright white glow from the excitement.}

~Cael... Why would you...~

{Once moved she notices the pain in her arm once again, and looks towards her new enemies with a savage look in her eyes.}

~They will wish they had never attacked us...~

"You will pay for that, you kimoi gaichu!" She yells ferociously at the enemy.

(Translation: kimoi gaichu = disgusting vermin)

Narayan
01-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Bugbear Leader: (Fires Heavy Crossbow at Yorick: =14, Miss)

With a blood-curdling roar the bugbears fearlessly charge Olo's guards despite their readied polearms.

Bugbear #2: Charges Olo's Guard #4 (Provokes attack of opportunity from Olo's Guard #4 who has readied his polearm)

Olo's Guard #4: (Uses readied attack against Bugbear #2: = 12, Miss)

Bugbear #2: (Attack vs. Olo's Guard #4: = 11, Miss)

Bugbear #3: Charges Olo's Guard #3 (Provokes attack of opportunity from Olo's Guard #3 who has readied his polearm)

Olo's Guard #3: (Uses readied attack against Bugbear #3: = 14, Miss)

Bugbear #3: (Attacks Olo's Guard #3: = 26, Possible Critical)(Check to confirm critical: = 20, Confirmed)(Location: Chest)(Damage: 2d8+4+3+1 = 15)The bugbears morningstar hits Olo's guard #3 solidly in the chest, fracturing his ribs with a sickening crack. The guard collapses groaning with agony.

Olo: Attacks Bugbear #3 with readied full attack action. (Attack with shortsword: = 12, Miss)(Attack with Dagger: = 8, Miss)

Bugbear #4: Takes a five-foot-step towards Yorick and attacks him. (Attack with Morningstar: = 16, Miss)

Bugbear #5: Turns and attacks Sauel-the-wolf (Attack with morningstar: = 22, Hit)(Location: Right foreleg)(Damage: = 10)

Bugbear Cleric: Targets Cael instead of Emiko with his Spiritual Weapon: (Attack with Spiritual Weapon: = 26, Possible Crit)(Check to Confirm Crit: = 26, Possible Instant Kill)(Check to Confirm Instant Kill: = 12, Confirmed)

Moments after you switch places with Cael, the spiritual weapon strikes Cael with such force that it crushes his left arm up against his breastplate, which also gets crushed in, shattering his humerus and his ribs in one strike, shoving several bone splinters into his heart. Cael is knocked to the ground, dying instantly.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound2Bugbearsv2.png~original

[Emiko: It is now your turn, what do you do?]

[Cred: Since you held your action to await someone needing healing, you can take your action now to move over to someone who needs healing. What do you do?]

Narayan
01-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Amaya: Amaya sighed a little in relief and relaxed back into her seat hearing she wouldn't have to play maid for anyone. It wasn't her style at all, she liked to just relax and take it easy unless she needed to move. For the rest of the short carriage ride, Amaya relaxed and thought about where she might be heading and what she had gotten herself into just by doing what she thought was "right". When the ride stopped, Amaya stood and stepped out of the carriage on her own. She was a women but never raised as a "lady", where she would take the help of men where to open doors and such. Not that she had an issue with such things, she was just not raised in a place where that would happen.

Coming to the door she felt a little out of place. She didn't have alot but what she did have was carried by someone else while she was somewhere completely foreign and with no idea what was going on. Once inside Amaya looked around while listening to Saeed speak of the drink he seemed to not be able to help himself in indulging in. Takeing a seat akwardly, Amaya waited to be greeted by the person Saeed had mentioned named Gael.

Hearing then enter and Saeed turning and standing to greet them. Amaya turned her attention toward the women. Amaya smelled something but was not sure what it was, maybe just the cat the women held in her arms. Hearing the women speak to her, Amaya's attention once again turned to the women. "You knew my mother when she was younger? How old are you... 100?" Amaya asked as she turned away from the women, Although she was here to learn more about her mother.. Hearing she was alot like her mother was not something she wanted to hear but she felt she would hear alot more nonetheless. After a moment Amaya turned back to the women, "Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you" Amaya apologized.

Gael: "Actually your mother and I are close to the same age. We were friends growing up together, and we shall remain friends despite the time we spend apart. She's a tough, resourceful woman. I have no doubt she may outlive me." She says with a wink.

Saeed: "I met Amaya just a short while ago at the Iron Arms Inn. She came to Masaeus by ship, up the river from the Kingdom of Maharatha."

Gael: Nods. "Of course. I remember the day Awanseiga left to go south, and I remember the day she finally returned. She spoke of her daughter and said she might come looking for her at some point."

Saeed: "And I'm very glad she did. She probably saved my life, by warning me that a couple of Kasha's thugs were trying to poison me."

Gael: Frowns. "I hope that ***** gets whats coming to her! Soon enough that I can still take satisfaction from it."

Saeed: "Aye I'll drink to that!" He says taking another swallow of Tejj.

[Amaya: What do you do?]

voidoblivion
01-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Cael drops dead leaving Olo's Gaurd who needs healing. Moving quickly to his side healing him for (1hp)

Narayan
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Cael drops dead leaving Olo's Gaurd who needs healing. Moving quickly to his side healing him for (1hp)

As you move up to Olo's Guard #3 and lay hands on him to heal him, you provoke an attack of opportunity from Bugbear #3 who is looming over him still within melee range.

Bugbear #3: (Attack of Opportunity on Cred: = 11, Miss)

However, his morningstar swings harmlessly over your head missing you.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound2Cred.png~original

Tanarus
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Gael: "Actually your mother and I are close to the same age. We were friends growing up together, and we shall remain friends despite the time we spend apart. She's a tough, resourceful woman. I have no doubt she may outlive me." She says with a wink.

Saeed: "I met Amaya just a short while ago at the Iron Arms Inn. She came to Masaeus by ship, up the river from the Kingdom of Maharatha."

Gael: Nods. "Of course. I remember the day Awanseiga left to go south, and I remember the day she finally returned. She spoke of her daughter and said she might come looking for her at some point."

Saeed: "And I'm very glad she did. She probably saved my life, by warning me that a couple of Kasha's thugs were trying to poison me."

Gael: Frowns. "I hope that ***** gets whats coming to her! Soon enough that I can still take satisfaction from it."

Saeed: "Aye I'll drink to that!" He says taking another swallow of Tejj.

[Amaya: What do you do?]


Amaya: Amaya looked at the older women for a moment as she spoke. "I highly doubt my mother will out live you, she is like an ally cat, takes way to many chances" Amaya as she let herself just plop down into the chair she was standing at. resting her forehead in her hand as he elbow rested on her knee, Amaya rubbed her temple softly as she had developed a small head ache. "And with, as Saeed said, probably saving his life, I am now told i should stay here to avoid any unwanted attention for now....." Amaya said before letting out a soft sigh, looking at the women once more her head still in her hand. "So im sorry to inconvenience you by being here." Amaya said softly before turning to Saeed. "You lucky your not driving Saeed, with what you told me you could get drunk off that stuff easy and you still have places to go and things to do" Amaya said as she watched him down another swig of the alcoholic beverage. "So are we the only ones here?" Amaya asked Gael as she turned from looking at Saeed to the women.

Daydreaming
01-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Bugbear Cleric: Targets Cael instead of Emiko with his Spiritual Weapon: (Attack with Spiritual Weapon: = 26, Possible Crit)(Check to Confirm Crit: = 26, Possible Instant Kill)(Check to Confirm Instant Kill: = 12, Confirmed)

Moments after you switch places with Cael, the spiritual weapon strikes Cael with such force that it crushes his left arm up against his breastplate, which also gets crushed in, shattering his humerus and his ribs in one strike, shoving several bone splinters into his heart. Cael is knocked to the ground, dying instantly.

~What just happened?! He's... Cael's dead... No...~

{Emiko's body glows bright in a fury of emotion. She moves to reach for Cael's lifeless body, but then stops when she notices the spirit weapon is still there.}

"Iya... Cael... IYA!!! Onegai, mou shi nai! Naze....?" She sobs with tears streaming down her face. "Nani o suruka wakaranai..." She stares off at Cael, and then realizes she is still in danger from the spirit weapon.

{Emiko quickly moves to get back into the carriage, and closes the door to try and protect herself from the spirit weapon. She stares at Cael's body from the window once she's inside the carriage. Her eyes dry up quickly, but she still looks shocked at what has transpired. Her hands smoldering the things she touches for a short bit.}

~It is certain now... I am cursed to be alone... Everyone that loves or cares about me ends up dead. I should never have asked him to help me... I should of known.~

(Translation: iya (usually written as 'ie')= no, onegai mou shi nai = please no more death, naze = why, nani o suruka wakaranai = I don't know what to do)

rtcvb32
01-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Sauel attacks BugBear #5.

(Attack: 13 (miss)).

Narayan
01-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Amaya: Amaya looked at the older women for a moment as she spoke. "I highly doubt my mother will out live you, she is like an ally cat, takes way to many chances" Amaya as she let herself just plop down into the chair she was standing at. resting her forehead in her hand as he elbow rested on her knee, Amaya rubbed her temple softly as she had developed a small head ache. "And with, as Saeed said, probably saving his life, I am now told i should stay here to avoid any unwanted attention for now....." Amaya said before letting out a soft sigh, looking at the women once more her head still in her hand. "So im sorry to inconvenience you by being here." Amaya said softly before turning to Saeed. "You lucky your not driving Saeed, with what you told me you could get drunk off that stuff easy and you still have places to go and things to do" Amaya said as she watched him down another swig of the alcoholic beverage. "So are we the only ones here?" Amaya asked Gael as she turned from looking at Saeed to the women.

Saeed: "Quite right..." Saeed says to Amaya, draining his glass, before he looks to Taros and chuckles. "I blame this old warrior, who somehow manages to improve this brew every time I visit. It's irresistible!"

Taros: "Thank you but I doubt my recipe compares to those brewed back east in the lands of my ancestors. Tejj is an ancient tradition there, with recipes passed down like treasured secrets through the generations."

Saeed: Raises himself from his chair and places the glass back on the side table. "Well Amaya is right I'm afraid. I must be going now. I told her you would have a room for her Gael. I trust that would be alright with you and your husband?" He asks looking between her and Taros.

Gael: "No trouble at all."

Saeed: "Good, then I shall bid you goodnight Amaya. We'll speak again tomorrow when you've had a chance to settle in." He says stepping over to Taros, clasping his arm again, before both men walk away from the hearth together so Taros can show him out. Meanwhile, Gael speaks to Amaya again.

Gael: "Masaeus is not a very welcoming city is it? I'm sure you must be doubting your good sense coming here. But so long as you are staying beneath my roof, you wont need to worry. Taros was one of the fiercest gladiators to have ever fought in the arena. Long since retired yes, but still highly feared and respected. It was Baron Zomok himself who granted Taros his freedom, and his fortune. So long as he remains our ruler, no one would dare cause trouble for us."

"And as for your question, Taros and I do not have any living children, so we usually have spare rooms. Though there are staff and guards who also have their own quarters here. We owe a great many favors to Saeed. We wouldn't turn away those he feels are in need of shelter here. Least of all the daughter of my dearest friend."

Narayan
01-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Olo's Guard #1:​ Charges Bugbear #4 with Halberd. (Charge attack with Halberd: = 12, Miss)

Olo's Guard #3: Stands from prone and attacks Bugbear #3 with Halberd. [Would normally provoke attack of opportunity from Bugbear #3 but Bugbear #3 has already used his attack of opportunity attacking Cred.] (Attack Bugbear #3 with Halberd: = 11, Miss)

Olo's Guard # 4: Attacks Bugbear #2 with Halberd. (Attack with Halberd: = 14, Hit)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: 7)

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/Round2OlosGuards-1.png~original

__________________________________________________ ___

<End of Round 2>

Narayan
01-05-2014, 02:01 AM
__________________________________________________ ___

<Start of Round 3>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


the order of initiative is:

(25) Purusartha
(22) Arminas
(22) Olo's Guard 2
(20) Cred
(20) Yorick (-4)
(20) Olo
(20) Xiaolong (-14)
(18) Cael (Dead)
(15) Bugbear Leader
(15) Bugbear Warrior 1 (-6, -13^, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 2 (-7)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 3 (-4)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 4 (-9)(-6)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 5 (-5)
(14) Bugbear Cleric (-8^)
(13) Emiko (-4^)
(13) Sauel (-1)(-7)(-3)
(11) Olo's Guard 1
(08) Olo's Guard 3 (-15)(+2)(-8, incapacitated)
(08) Olo's Guard 4 (-9)
__________________________________________________ __

Purusartha: Uses a full attack action to fire three magical flaming arrows at the Bugbears with his composite longbow. [Has Precise Shot & Rapid Shot Feats](Attack w/ Composite Longbow: = 14, Miss)(Attack w/ Composite Longbow: = 10, Miss)(Attack w/ Composite Longbow: = 9, Miss)

All three of his arrows miss their mark, overshooting slightly. However, their flames shine like a torch, extend the range of light an additional 40 ft. past the range of the lanterns on the carriage.

Within this fresh light you can now see two more Bugbears, both more heavily armored then the warriors who already charged you. The biggest and meanest of the pair would be their leader. The other must be a cleric.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound3Purusartha.png~original

[Arminas: It is now your turn.]

Tanarus
01-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Saeed: "Quite right..." Saeed says to Amaya, draining his glass, before he looks to Taros and chuckles. "I blame this old warrior, who somehow manages to improve this brew every time I visit. It's irresistible!"

Taros: "Thank you but I doubt my recipe compares to those brewed back east in the lands of my ancestors. Tejj is an ancient tradition there, with recipes passed down like treasured secrets through the generations."

Saeed: Raises himself from his chair and places the glass back on the side table. "Well Amaya is right I'm afraid. I must be going now. I told her you would have a room for her Gael. I trust that would be alright with you and your husband?" He asks looking between her and Taros.

Gael: "No trouble at all."

Saeed: "Good, then I shall bid you goodnight Amaya. We'll speak again tomorrow when you've had a chance to settle in." He says stepping over to Taros, clasping his arm again, before both men walk away from the hearth together so Taros can show him out. Meanwhile, Gael speaks to Amaya again.

Gael: "Masaeus is not a very welcoming city is it? I'm sure you must be doubting your good sense coming here. But so long as you are staying beneath my roof, you wont need to worry. Taros was one of the fiercest gladiators to have ever fought in the arena. Long since retired yes, but still highly feared and respected. It was Baron Zomok himself who granted Taros his freedom, and his fortune. So long as he remains our ruler, no one would dare cause trouble for us."

"And as for your question, Taros and I do not have any living children, so we usually have spare rooms. Though there are staff and guards who also have their own quarters here. We owe a great many favors to Saeed. We wouldn't turn away those he feels are in need of shelter here. Least of all the daughter of my dearest friend."



Amaya: Amaya shook here head as she listened to Saeed with only a slight smile of sarcasm hearing that she was right about something. After Saeed left Amaya turned to look at Gael as she started to speak. After listening to everything she had to say Amaya sighed. "no, Masaeus is definitely not a very welcoming place and i am doubting my senses to come here, also feel like saving Saeed may have done me in as-well" Amaya said shaking her head with a sigh. "Well i am glad you are allowing me to stay here but still feel like a nuisance. I dont know how well you knew my mother but all i know is she took off on me and thats why i am here to find out more about her.. past." Amaya said as she stood up looking at Gael. "Do you have any milk i might be able to have and know of any nice cute boys in this city?" Amaya asked with a slight smile with the hint of a joke at the end.

Riderpride
01-05-2014, 10:00 AM
The light of the flames sail off into the distance, past their intended marks, but when they land, a pair of taller and deadlier figures stand off in the distance, their hidden features, now illuminated and standing out. A pair of arrows come free from their quiver, as Arminas' eyes quickly adjust to their new targets' features and distance, the priestly one to the right looking to be a prime target. Keeping his cover, the Elf unloads the twin arrows towards their new quarry.

Full-round action: Rapid Shot. Targeting Bugbbear Cleric (BC). 2 attacks, Total attack bonus +7 each (4 Dex, 4 BAB, 1 Enhancement, -2 Rapid Shot) 1d8+2 dmg each. (+1 Enhancement, +1 Composite Strength)
(( 1D20+7 => 9 #Arrow 1; 1D20+7 => 13 #Arrow 2 ))

Narayan
01-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Full-round action: Rapid Shot. Targeting Bugbbear Cleric (BC). 2 attacks, Total attack bonus +7 each (4 Dex, 4 BAB, 1 Enhancement, -2 Rapid Shot) 1d8+2 dmg each. (+1 Enhancement, +1 Composite Strength)
(( 1D20+7 => 9#Arrow 1; 1D20+7 => 13#Arrow 2 ))

Your arrows miss the Bugbear Cleric

Olo's Guard #2: Aims his crossbow at the Bugbear Cleric. (Fire crossbow at Bugbear Cleric: = 8, Miss)

[Cred: It's your turn]

Narayan
01-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Amaya: Amaya shook here head as she listened to Saeed with only a slight smile of sarcasm hearing that she was right about something. After Saeed left Amaya turned to look at Gael as she started to speak. After listening to everything she had to say Amaya sighed. "no, Masaeus is definitely not a very welcoming place and i am doubting my senses to come here, also feel like saving Saeed may have done me in as-well" Amaya said shaking her head with a sigh. "Well i am glad you are allowing me to stay here but still feel like a nuisance. I dont know how well you knew my mother but all i know is she took off on me and thats why i am here to find out more about her.. past." Amaya said as she stood up looking at Gael. "Do you have any milk i might be able to have and know of any nice cute boys in this city?" Amaya asked with a slight smile with the hint of a joke at the end.

Gael: "Milk???" She asks raising a brow curiously. "I'm sure I can get some from the kitchens if you like... and frankly your love life is none of my business. Just please don't bring any strange men back to my home!" She chuckles jokingly with a wink.

"Sadly, your mother and I weren't really free to have boyfriends or much of a normal life. I'm sure that's one reason she decided to start a family in Maharatha. Vulkh is full of danger and difficulty for lycanthropes."

Taros: "Indeed it is. But I shall keep you safe, loving wife." Taros says leaning down to kiss her cheek before he sits beside her in one of the other armchairs.

Gael: Smiles at Taros affectionately. The exotic cat in her lap stretches and purrs, hopping off her legs unto the rug lying before the hearth. "Amaya, shall I fetch for some milk? And do you have any questions about your mother for me?"

voidoblivion
01-07-2014, 01:12 PM
He again heals the guard or 1 Hp in the name of Userrwroth

Narayan
01-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Yorick: Attacks Bugbear #4 (Attack with Trident: = 13, Miss)

Olo: Attacks Bugbear #3 (Attack with Shortsword: = 7, Miss)(Attack with Dagger: = 18, Hit)(Location: Right Arm)(Damage: 4)

[Xiaolong: It is your turn]

Shun001
01-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Xiaolong is taken back at Cael's self sacrifice, He is filled with anger as Emiko retreats into the carriage.

"You monsters shall feel the wrath of a torrent!" He exclaims in Caishin as he charges the enemy (bugbear 4)

(Charge attack plus flanking attack roll after 1 BP reroll => 20 crit check=> 15 crit fail => damage roll => 9 location => left leg)

With bursting speed he took off towards the distracted bugbear, He came up on him fast and hard digging one foot into the ground and pivoting on it with a powerful kick to the left leg of the enemy

"I got you!" he roars fiercely.

(AC-2 for charge attack => AC 13)

Tanarus
01-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Gael: "Milk???" She asks raising a brow curiously. "I'm sure I can get some from the kitchens if you like... and frankly your love life is none of my business. Just please don't bring any strange men back to my home!" She chuckles jokingly with a wink.

"Sadly, your mother and I weren't really free to have boyfriends or much of a normal life. I'm sure that's one reason she decided to start a family in Maharatha. Vulkh is full of danger and difficulty for lycanthropes."

Taros: "Indeed it is. But I shall keep you safe, loving wife." Taros says leaning down to kiss her cheek before he sits beside her in one of the other armchairs.

Gael: Smiles at Taros affectionately. The exotic cat in her lap stretches and purrs, hopping off her legs unto the rug lying before the hearth. "Amaya, shall I fetch for some milk? And do you have any questions about your mother for me?"

Amaya: Amaya smirked softly at Gael's words about strange men. "Awwwww and i was going to bring Saeed back here, he seems pretty darn strang!" Amaya said with a big smile until Gael mentioned lycanthropes. "Wait... what?... you knew my mother was a .. lycanthrope?" Amaya asked alittle in shock. Amaya didn't know what to say or do at the moment as Taros returned to the room and kissed Gael on the cheek. Hearing her question about Milk, it took Amaya a few seconds to shake her head. "No.. um.. It's alright, i can get it myself i guess. I dont want you bothering yourself for me" Amaya said standing up and walking away a little as Gael asked if she had any questions for her about her Mother."Um, not .. right now i dont think but.. " Amaya stopped a moment and turned to look at Gael. "Where is the kitchen?" Amaya asked with a look that tried to hide how stupid she felt.

Narayan
01-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Xiaolong is taken back at Cael's self sacrifice, He is filled with anger as Emiko retreats into the carriage.

"You monsters shall feel the wrath of a torrent!" He exclaims in Caishin as he charges the enemy (bugbear 4)

(Charge attack plus flanking attack roll after 1 BP reroll => 20 crit check=> 14 crit fail => damage roll => 9 location => left leg)

With bursting speed he took off towards the distracted bugbear, He came up on him fast and hard digging one foot into the ground and pivoting on it with a powerful kick to the left leg of the enemy

"I got you!" he roars fiercely.

(AC-2 for charge attack => AC 13)

Your strong kick strikes the Bugbears left leg causing him to grunt with pain. (Does not count as serious damage unless it = his con score)

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound3Xiaolong.png~original

Narayan
01-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Bugbear Leader: Growls and narrows his eyes at Xiaolong before flashing a horrid grin full of fangs, lifting a GreatAxe and charging! (Charge Attack with GreatAxe: = 24, Hit)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: = 14)

The Bugbear Leader's axe slashes into the flesh of Xiaolong's left arm.

Bugbear Warrior #2: Attacks Olo's Guard #4 (Attack with Morningstar: = 16, Hit)(Location: Right Leg)(Damage: = 9)

Bugbear Warrior #3: Attacks Olo's Guard #3 (Attack with Morningstar: =15, Hit)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: = 8)

The bugbears blow incapacitates Olo's Guard #3 who falls prone!

Bugbear Warrior #4: Attacks Yorick (Attack with Morningstar: = 20, Hit)(Location: Skull)(Damage: 4 <includes silver DR>)

Bugbear Warrior #5: Attacks Sauel-the-wolf (Attack with Morningstar: = 24, Hit)(Location: Right Arm)(Damage: 3 <includes Silver DR>)

Bugbear Cleric: Moves over to the fallen Bugbear Warrior #1, kneels over him and casts a spell. However it does not appear to be a healing spell... actually the opposite as Bugbear Warrior #1 twitches and stops breathing altogether.

Meanwhile his Spiritual Weapon continues to hover before the door of the carriage, as though waiting for a chance to strike Emiko.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound3Bugbearsv3.png~original

[Emiko: It is your turn]

Shun001
01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Xiaolong after delivering his kick looks to notice the large charging figure upon him with an axe raised high. He attempts to defend himself from the strike swinging down his center line placing the left arm in front of his body. The axe digs deep into his arm spraying blood all over Xiaolong.

*Xiaolong's consciousness blacks out as he sees himself squared off against a large Minotaur, a Hybrid were bull. Xiaolong appears younger at the age of 30. He is taller standing at 5'4" and has long black hair tied back on his head, his fu manchu only about 2 inches long. He stands in his typical stance, strait up with his fist extended one in front of the other about 5 inches from his chin.

Xiaolong begins moving fluidly as the minotaur charges him in a martial arts flurry. Blows are swept and countered until Xiaolong makes a daring uppercut to the lower jaw of the minotaur. The minotaur does not budge an inch as a large arm then hammers down upon Xiaolongs face as the last thing he sees.*

Xiaolong has lost his inner battle with his bull (DC25 control shape => 22) and can no longer control his form.

Xiaolong yells out in pain as surely within the next few seconds (next round) he would surely change.

Daydreaming
01-08-2014, 10:46 PM
~I don't recognize that spell... But that fallen bugbear stopped breathing... It can't be good if the cleric has gone so far as to kill him... We must kill that cleric soon before his magic destroys us all... Oh Cael... I am so sorry...~

{Emiko glares at the bugbear cleric as he casts his spell. She warily moves to the other free window of the carriage. Making sure not to be in range of an attack by the spirit weapon, she blasts her energy at the bugbear cleric from the window of the carriage.}

"I do not like the look of that spell. Be careful!" She yells to her comrades, making note of the cleric's actions.

(Spellcraft check: 1D20+1 => 3, Failed; Eldritch blast attack: 1D20+6 => 24, Hit Confirmed. Location: 1D20 => 9, Right Hand. Damage: 2D6 => 8)

Narayan
01-09-2014, 07:14 PM
[Sauel: it is your turn]

rtcvb32
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM
~Rabi, Come help out here..~ Sauel sends through his mindlink, mentally directing his wolf to move behind B5, and try to give flanking to Yorick (the distance wise is likely too far for Rabi to make an attack, only get in position).

Sauel attacks the Bugbear Xai went after (Attack: 23, Hit location: 10 - left hand, Damage: 6. Opposed strength/dex: 13 (or be tripped/prone))

Narayan
01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
~Rabi, Come help out here..~ Sauel sends through his mindlink, mentally directing his wolf to move behind B5, and try to give flanking to Yorick (If you think this can't happen I'll remove it, distance wise is likely too far for Rabi to make an attack, only get in position).

Sauel attacks the Bugbear Xai went after (Attack: 23, Hit location: 10 - left hand, Damage: 6).

Rabi moves to obey you.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound3End.png~original

Olo's Guard #1: Attacks Bugbear #4 (Attack with Halberd: = 13, Miss)

Olo's Guard #4: Attacks Bugbear #2 (Attack with Halberd: = 17, Hit)(Location: Right Arm)(Damage: = 10, incapacitated)

Bugbear #2 collapses, unconscious, dropping his morningstar to the ground in the process.
__________________________________________________ ___

<End of Round 3>

Narayan
01-10-2014, 07:36 PM
__________________________________________________ ___

<Start of Round 4>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


the order of initiative is:

(25) Purusartha
(22) Arminas
(22) Olo's Guard 2
(20) Cred
(20) Yorick (-4)
(20) Olo
(20) Xiaolong (-14)
(18) Cael (Dead)
(15) Bugbear Leader (-11^)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 1 (-6, -13^, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 2 (-7)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 3 (-4)(-14, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 4 (-9)(-6)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 5 (-5)(-6, -3)
(14) Bugbear Cleric (-8^)(-6, -6#)(-1)
(13) Emiko (-4^)
(13) Sauel (-1)(-7)(-3)
(11) Olo's Guard 1
(08) Olo's Guard 3 (-15)(+2)(-8, incapacitated)
(08) Olo's Guard 4 (-9)
__________________________________________________ __

Purusartha: Fires three magical flaming arrows at the Bugbear Cleric. (Attack with composite longbow: = 28, Hit)(Location: Gut)(Damage: = 6 + 6 Fire)

Purusartha's first flaming arrow hits the Bugbear Cleric in his midsection, penetrating his heavy armor dealing fire damage! His other two arrows miss however.

[Arminas: It is now your turn]

Riderpride
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM
The elf sees one of Purusartha's arrows strike the bugbear cleric right in the solar plexus, lighting him up like a party favour. Knowing that there was no magical barrier of sorts guarding the cleric from such attacks, Arminas cranks his head to one side, his neck vertebrae cracking in response as he fingers up another arrow into his bow, pulling it taut, and unloading the shot towards the cleric once more.

((Single shot, targeting Bugbear Cleric (BC). Total attack bonus vs AC +9 (+4 Dex, +4 BAB, +1 Enhancement). 1d8+2 Damage (+ 1 Mighty, +1 Enhancement). 1D20+9 => 13 #Attack​))

Narayan
01-11-2014, 11:32 PM
The elf sees one of Purusartha's arrows strike the bugbear cleric right in the solar plexus, lighting him up like a party favour. Knowing that there was no magical barrier of sorts guarding the cleric from such attacks, Arminas cranks his head to one side, his neck vertebrae cracking in response as he fingers up another arrow into his bow, pulling it taut, and unloading the shot towards the cleric once more.

((Single shot, targeting Bugbear Cleric (BC). Total attack bonus vs AC +9 (+4 Dex, +4 BAB, +1 Enhancement). 1d8+2 Damage (+ 1 Mighty, +1 Enhancement). 1D20+9 => 13#Attack​))

Your arrow misses the Cleric.

Olo's Guard #2: Fires crossbow at Bugbear Cleric (Attack with Crossbow: = 17, Miss)

[Crdchzkragar: It is your turn]​

voidoblivion
01-11-2014, 11:39 PM
As he stands read to help others of his team he sees Xiaolong struggling emotionally with an internal demon of sorts, quickly moving over to him He lays his hand upon him and prays in Draconic to Userrwroth to help him in his struggle to do the right thing .

Narayan
01-12-2014, 12:35 AM
~Rabi, Come help out here..~ Sauel sends through his mindlink, mentally directing his wolf to move behind B5, and try to give flanking to Yorick (the distance wise is likely too far for Rabi to make an attack, only get in position).

Sauel attacks the Bugbear Xai went after (Attack: 23, Hit location: 10 - left hand, Damage: 6. Opposed strength/dex: 13 (or be tripped/prone))
Bugbear #4: (Strength check to avoid being tripped: = 16, Success)


As he stands read to help others of his team he sees Xiaolong struggling emotionally with an internal demon of sorts, quickly moving over to him He lays his hand upon him and prays in Draconic to Userrwroth to help him in his struggle to do the right thing.

[Xiaolong: He is casting 'Guidance' on you, which will allow to make another Control Shape skill check with a +1 bonus before your turn. What do you do?]

Yorick: Jabs at Bugbear #4 with his Trident, hoping to finish him off since he appears weakened from his other wounds. (Attacks Bugbear #4 with +1 Flanking bonus: = 27, Hit)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: = 10, incapacitated)

Olo: Attacks Bugbear #3 with both his weapons. (Attack with shortsword: = 9, Miss)(Attack with dagger: = 26, Possible Crit)(Crit confirmation check: = 25, confirmed)(Location: Gut)(Damage: = 14, incapacitated)

Olo's dagger strikes up into the Bugbears bowels, causing deep organ and bleeding damage! The Bugbear groans in agony, and crumples to the ground incapacitated.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound4Olopng.png~original

[Xiaolong: It is your turn]

Shun001
01-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Xiaolong struggles internally grasping himself as to contain something inside, (control shape DC25 check failed =>16) he then goes quiet with his arms dropping to his sides.

A dark presence starts to emanate from Xiaolong.

Narayan
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Amaya: Amaya smirked softly at Gael's words about strange men. "Awwwww and i was going to bring Saeed back here, he seems pretty darn strang!" Amaya said with a big smile until Gael mentioned lycanthropes. "Wait... what?... you knew my mother was a .. lycanthrope?" Amaya asked alittle in shock. Amaya didn't know what to say or do at the moment as Taros returned to the room and kissed Gael on the cheek. Hearing her question about Milk, it took Amaya a few seconds to shake her head. "No.. um.. It's alright, i can get it myself i guess. I dont want you bothering yourself for me" Amaya said standing up and walking away a little as Gael asked if she had any questions for her about her Mother."Um, not .. right now i dont think but.. " Amaya stopped a moment and turned to look at Gael. "Where is the kitchen?" Amaya asked with a look that tried to hide how stupid she felt.

Gael tells you where you can find the kitchen, and one of the cooks and/or servants inside can show you where they keep the milk.

[What do you do?]

Tanarus
01-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Gael tells you where you can find the kitchen, and one of the cooks and/or servants inside can show you where they keep the milk.

[What do you do?]

Amaya: Amaya listened and followed the instructions given to her by Gael. As she walked to the Kitchen Amaya asked herself how how Gael knew that her mother was a lycanthrope, ~would that mean that Gael was also one?~ Amaya asked herself as she approached the kitchen. "Can I get some milk please?" Amaya asked with a fake smile as she saw the attendants in the kitchen. After getting herself a large glass of milk, Amaya slowly walked back to where Geal was. ~If she is a lycanthrope, how could i not sense it?.. am i that bad at it here with so many new things around?~ Amaya thought as she walked into the room. She glanced at Gael a moment with no expression before Amaya smiled and pointed at her glass. "Got my milk" Amaya said with a fake smile as he went and sat down in one of the chairs feeling a little more uncomfortable in her surroundings. For a few moments, Amaya just sat in the chair looking at her milk thinking and taking a small sip once in a while. "so... um. what do you know about my mother?" Amaya asked looking up at Gael from her milk.

Narayan
01-14-2014, 03:18 AM
Xiaolong struggles internally grasping himself as to contain something inside, (control shape DC25 check failed =>16) he then goes quiet with his arms dropping to his sides.

A dark presence starts to emanate from Xiaolong.

The small elderly monk suddenly begins to shake and grunt, snorting from deep within his chest. His wrinkled skin toughens into a leathery hide, sprouting course gray hair almost instantly as he shifts form. Large horns extend from his skull while his garments begin to rip and tear as his body grows taller and his limbs thicken with muscle bulk. He stands now, even taller then the Bugbear leader (Now a large size creature technically), in hybrid Werebull form. His eyes seem darker and colder now, staring at the evil humanoid with a single-minded angry stare.

Hybrid Werebull: Touches the wound on his arm, lifting his bloody fingerprints in front of his snout with furious disbelief. "You DARE strike ME?!!!" He says in common with a much hoarser, deeper voice that is mostly grunts and snorts. "You wield that axe well, but no matter! My horns will serve me just as well you will see!" He says, shifting his bulk smoothly to a fighting stance!

The bugbear leader seems intimidated by Xiaolong's change of form and the fact his wound seems to have stopped bleeding and started regenerating. But that also seems to make him even angrier, and he roars again, flashing his fangs before he swings his great axe again!

Bugbear Leader: (Swings Great Axe at Xiaolong: = 21, Hit)(Location: Right Arm)(Damage: 6 <includes DR/Silver>)

Bugbear #5: (Attacks Sauel with Morningstar: = 13, Miss)

Bugbear Cleric: Removes the flaming arrow with a swift action, suffering 1 DMG. (Concentration Check, DC 23: = 20, Fail) Growling, the Bugbear Cleric seems too hurt to cast another spell. Instead, he decides to wield his morningstar and charge Olo! (Charges Olo with Morningstar: = 14, Miss)

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound4BugbearCleric.png~original

[Emiko: it is your turn]

Daydreaming
01-14-2014, 06:44 AM
~So that's what the old man meant when he said he wears a bull... He must be a werebull. He looks like he's been wounded... I must help him! I can't let anyone else die... Cael... You barely knew me... Why would you... No! Stop it! I must focus... The other creatures have been wounded, but this leader... he seems to be the biggest threat at this moment. The cleric's magic has been stopped for now...~

{Emiko looks shocked at Xiaolong's transformation. She seems to cringe a bit when she sees Xiaolong get wounded once again. She quickly turns her gaze to Cael's body lying on the ground, and then looks at the bugbear leader attacking Xiaolong, as if the bugbear was calling for her attention.}

"Arminas, focus on their leader before he takes down Xiao! We've stalled the seishoku-sha's magic for now..." She says quietly to Arminas, trying to get his help in taking down the new target quickly. She looks at Arminas and nods to him in confirmation when he looks at her, then Emiko looks back at the bugbear leader and focuses her energy to blast him with her powers from the carriage window.

(Translation: seishoku-sha = cleric)

(Eldritch blast attack: 1D20+6 => 25, Hit Confirmed. Location: 1D20 => 13, Gut +1 dmg. Damage: 2D6 => 10, +1 from Hit Location. Total Damage: 11)

rtcvb32
01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
With mental direction Sauel has Rabi move over so they're flanking the bugbear, then they both attack it.

(Sauel attack: 23, Damage: 6, Trip attempt: 6, location: Left arm)
(Rabi attack: 24, Damage 3, Trip attempt: 6, location, Right Leg)

Narayan
01-14-2014, 10:15 PM
With mental direction Sauel has Rabi move over so they're flanking the bugbear, then they both attack it.

(Sauel attack: 23, Damage: 6, Trip attempt: 6, location: Left arm)
(Rabi attack: 24, Damage 3, Trip attempt: 6, location, Right Leg)

Bugbear #5: (Resist Trip Check: = 11)

Olo's Guard #1: Steps over the fallen Bugbear #4 to attack Bugbear #5: (Attack with Halberd: = 8, Miss)

Olo's Guard #4: Steps over the fallen Bugbear #3 to attack Bugbear Cleric: (Attack with Halberd: = 6, Miss)

__________________________________________________ _____

<End of Round 4>

Narayan
01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
__________________________________________________ ___

<Start of Round 5>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


the order of initiative is:

(25) Purusartha
(22) Arminas
(22) Olo's Guard 2
(20) Cred
(20) Yorick (-4)(-7)
(20) Olo (-9)
(--) Xiaolong (-14)(-10)
(18) Cael (Dead)
(15) Bugbear Leader (-11^)(-9)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 1 (-6, -13^, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 2 (-7)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 3 (-4)(-14, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 4 (-9)(-6)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 5 (-5)(-6, -3)
(14) Bugbear Cleric (-8^)(-6, -6#)(-1)
(13) Emiko (-4^)
(13) Sauel (-1)(-7)(-3)
(11) Olo's Guard 1
(08) Olo's Guard 3 (-15)(+2)(-8, incapacitated)
(08) Olo's Guard 4 (-9)
(07) Hybrid Werebull (-14)(-10)
__________________________________________________ __

<Note: I edited the earlier description of Xiaolong's shift into hybrid werebull form because I forgot that werebull's actually grow into a large-size when they change forms. This is what the description now reads:>
The small elderly monk suddenly begins to shake and grunt, snorting from deep within his chest. His wrinkled skin toughens into a leathery hide, sprouting course gray hair almost instantly as he shifts form. Large horns extend from his skull while his garments begin to rip and tear as his body grows taller and his limbs thicken with muscle bulk. He stands now, even taller then the Bugbear leader (Now a large size creature technically), in hybrid Werebull form. His eyes seem darker and colder now, staring at the evil humanoid with a single-minded angry stare.

Purusartha: Stares with worry at the Hybrid Werebull. ~Werebull's are big! He must be at least 700 lbs! However, Xiaolong shifted into hybrid form involuntarily? Something's amiss here, that's not usually possible. Xiaolong's curse of lycanthropy is clearly an unusual case. What's worse, the way he spoke, I get the feeling that thing isn't Xiaolong at all! I must warn Cred!~

Shouts at Crdechzkragar. "Cred, back away from the werebull! It's not Xiaolong!" Purusartha says, dropping his bow, jumping back down beside the open storage chest to retrieve his shortsword and dagger.

[Credchzkragar: You can use an early-move action if you wish to back away from the hybrid werebull?]

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound5Purusartha.png~original

[Arminas: It's your turn]

Riderpride
01-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Heeding Emiko's direction, the Elf shifts his sights over to the Bugbear Leader, nocking another pair of arrows, loosing them both in rapid succession towards him, taking careful aim as both shots sail harmlessly between Olo, Cred and Xiaolong's now were-form.

((Not sure if the Leader is within 30 feet or not, based on the map. If he is 30ft. or less away, then add +1 to the upcoming attack and damage rolls, otherwise, if he is outside of that 30ft. mark, the rolls will stand as stated. Precise Shot to negate penalties for firing into melee. Rapid shot, 2 shots targeting Bugbear Leader. Total Attack bonuses for each shot +7 (+4 Dex, +4 BAB, +1 Enhancement, -2 Rapid Shot).
Attack 1: 1D20+7 => 10 #Arrow 1
Attack 2: 1D20+7 => 25 #Arrow 2 Location: 11 (Gut, +1 Damage). Damage: 1D8+3 => 9​))

Narayan
01-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Olo's Guard #2: Reloads his crossbow and holds his action until he has an open shot.

[Crdechzkragar: It is your turn]

voidoblivion
01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Crdechzkragrar: Hearing Purusartha's warning, Cred moves quickly to hide under the carriage, away from the large werebull.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound5Cred.png~original

Narayan
01-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Amaya: Amaya listened and followed the instructions given to her by Gael. As she walked to the Kitchen Amaya asked herself how how Gael knew that her mother was a lycanthrope, ~would that mean that Gael was also one?~ Amaya asked herself as she approached the kitchen. "Can I get some milk please?" Amaya asked with a fake smile as she saw the attendants in the kitchen. After getting herself a large glass of milk, Amaya slowly walked back to where Geal was. ~If she is a lycanthrope, how could i not sense it?.. am i that bad at it here with so many new things around?~ Amaya thought as she walked into the room. She glanced at Gael a moment with no expression before Amaya smiled and pointed at her glass. "Got my milk" Amaya said with a fake smile as he went and sat down in one of the chairs feeling a little more uncomfortable in her surroundings. For a few moments, Amaya just sat in the chair looking at her milk thinking and taking a small sip once in a while. "so... um. what do you know about my mother?" Amaya asked looking up at Gael from her milk.

Gael: "I probably know nearly everything there is to know about her. As I said we grew up together, but our childhood wasn't exactly fun and games. This land is very dangerous for weretigers like us. Over the centuries, our kind have been ruthlessly hunted to near-extinction by the dreaded Vulkyrie."

"Things started to get really bad before Baron Zomok rose to power. Your mother and I were some of the last of our generation to be born in the Namirseua clan. The last clan with ancient roots."

"However, when Baron Zomok's predecessor earned the wrath of our Alpha, he ordered us to rise up and destroy him. Which we did, but at great cost... The Alpha himself was killed leading the attack, and our numbers have never since recovered."

"The surviving elders of our clan decided that we must enter a period of seclusion to regain our strength. They also sought to seek help from other clans further abroad. To that end, your mother was one of those chosen to go south. I on the other hand, went east... where I met my husband Taros." She says turning to regard him fondly.

Taros: smiles back. "I remember. Our history together is quite a story." He says with a chuckle.

Narayan
01-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Olo's Guard #2: Fires his crossbow at Bugbear Cleric after Cred clears his line of fire. (Attacks with crossbow: = 11, Miss)

Yorick: (Attacks Bugbear #5 with Trident, +1 Flanking: = 12, Miss)

Olo: (Attacks Bugbear Cleric with Shortsword, +1 Flanking: = 11, Miss)(Attacks Bugbear Cleric with Dagger, +1 Flanking: = 16, Miss)

Bugbear Leader: Speaks back to the hybrid werebull in common. "I know what you are! You are Werescum! You don't belong down here! My masters will destroy you all!" He says before swinging his axe again. (Attacks hybrid werebull with greataxe: = 15, Hit)(Location: Left Hand)(Damage: = 10 <includes silver DR>)

Bugbear #5: (Attacks Yorick with Morningstar: = 20, Hit)(Location: Left Leg)(Damage: = 7 <includes silver DR>)

Bugbear Cleric: (Attacks Olo with Morningstar: = 19, Hit)(Location: = Right Hand)(Damage: = 9)(Reflex Save to avoid dropping short sword, DC9: = Auto Success)

[Emiko: It's your turn]

Daydreaming
01-17-2014, 12:06 AM
~What does Purusartha mean? It's still Xiao... Isn't it? Oh no.. He can't keep taking those hits like that or he won't last long...~

{She looks very annoyed by the bugbear leaders words, and his continued attack on Xiao's hybrid form. In her anger she puts more force into her arm as she attempts to blast the leader, and by doing so some of her hair comes loose from her fancy geisha bun and falls into her eyes, causing her to miss her target. She brushes the hair from her face and looks embarrassed and extremely frustrated, sad, and angry, all at once. Her eyes mist over with tears just a bit from the stress of the situation.}

(Eldritch blast attack: 1D20+6 => 11, Miss.)

rtcvb32
01-17-2014, 02:06 AM
With a loud growl Sauel intended to keep ahold of BugBear #5. He and Rabi snap at his clothes trying to pull him and yank him off his feet.

(Sauel Attack: 12 - touch only, trip: 4)
(Rabi Attack: 15 - touch only, Trip 14)

Narayan
01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
With a loud growl Sauel intended to keep ahold of BugBear #5. He and Rabi snap at his clothes trying to pull him and yank him off his feet.

(Sauel Attack: 12 - touch only, trip: 4)
(Rabi Attack: 15 - touch only, Trip 14)

Bugbear #5: Struggles to keep on his feet as the two wolves tug at his limbs. (Resist Trip attempt vs. Sauel: = 10, Win)(Reist Trip attempt vs. Rabi: = 3, Possible Fumble)(Fumble Check: = 12, Fumble)

The Bugbear manages to yank himself free of Sauel's teeth, but in the process he looses balance so Rabi's jaws have no trouble pulling the Bugbear down. As he falls, the Bugbear twists his right knee suffering 3 points of damage. The bugbear groans and passes out from the pain of his wounds.

(Bugbear #5 is now incapacitated)

Olo's Guard #1: Seeing Bugbear #5 go down, he heeds Purusartha's warning about the hybrid werebull and moves away from him, stepping over the fallen bugbears and re-positioning himself so he can strike at the Bugbear Leader with flanking from the hybrid werebull. (Strikes at Bugbear Leader with Halberd, +1 Flanking: =24, Hit)(Location: Lower Back)(Damage: = 7)

Olo's Guard #4: Strikes again at the Bugbear Cleric. (Attacks Bugbear Cleric with Halberd: = 7, Miss)

Hybrid Werebull: True to his word the werebull lowers his horns and steps forward to gore the Bugbear Leader. (Gore Attack: = 25, Hits)(Location: Gut)(Damage: = 17, Serious Damage!)(Secondary Gore Attack: = 25, Hits)(Location: Left Arm)(Damage: = 17, Serious Damage!)

The Werebull lowers his head to gore the bugbear leader in such a way that one horn pierces through the Bugbear Leaders midsection while the other jabs through his left arm simultaneously! The bugbear leader tries to roar in pain, but dies almost instantly, going limp from his wounds.

The werebull grunts with delight, lifting the bugbear leader (still impaled by his horns) off the ground, neck and shoulder muscles taught and bulging. An impressive feat of strength considering the bugbear probably weighs half as much as he does!

"YOU WERE NO CHALLENGE!" The werebull shouts with relish, tossing the offending bugbear's corpse into the air behind him with another jerk of his head. It's carcass lands ignominiously with a wet thud, blood and gore spilling from its ruined guts all over the stony earth of the cave floor.

Bugbear Cleric: Stares astonished at the death of his leader, realizing he is the last one standing. (Will Save vs. Fear, DC 20: = 20, Saves) "HRUGGEK! TAKE US INTO YOUR KINGDOM! HRUUUUUUGGEK!" He bellows with bloodshot eyes, overcome with zealotry, willing to fight to his last breath!

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound5End.png~original
__________________________________________________ __

<End of round 5>

rtcvb32
01-17-2014, 05:02 PM
The bugbear failing against Rabi's and Sauel causing him to fall unconscious was about as good as that could have gone between him and his animal companion, and the sickening sound that luched a urge of bloodlust in Sauel making him shiver as he saw the BugBear leader skewered. Either the WereBull was a lot stronger than he could guess, or he just got a lucky hit in. But that's just sometimes how things go. Regardless it made Sauel hesitant if they would have to deal with him.

Most likely if they didn't give the WereBull problems, he wouldn't give them any in return, unless he was too amped up wanting to kill more things and might be a sore sport at having entered the combat as it was now in it's final stages, thankfully with few losses on their own side. The question comes now, would the WereBull let him and Puru convince him to be calm and even to sleep it off. Or maybe he would decide to lick his wounds on his own, in less then a minute they would be dealing with that. Maybe the kobold cleric had something he could do.

Narayan
01-17-2014, 05:42 PM
__________________________________________________ ___

<Start of Round 6>



Bleeding Damage ( * )

Fire Damage ( # )

Spell Damage ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )


the order of initiative is:

(25) Purusartha
(22) Arminas
(22) Olo's Guard 2
(20) Cred
(20) Yorick (-4)(-7)
(20) Olo (-9)
(--) Xiaolong (-14)(-10)(-6)
(18) Cael (Dead)
(15) Bugbear Leader (-11^)(-9)(-7, -24, -17, Dead)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 1 (-6, -13^, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 2 (-7)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 3 (-4)(-14, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 4 (-9)(-6)(-10, incapacitated)
(15) Bugbear Warrior 5 (-5)(-6, -3)(-3, incapacitated)
(14) Bugbear Cleric (-8^)(-6, -6#)(-1)(-9, -5 Con Damage!, incapacitated)
(13) Emiko (-4^)
(13) Sauel (-1)(-7)(-3)
(11) Olo's Guard 1
(08) Olo's Guard 3 (-15)(+2)(-8, incapacitated)
(08) Olo's Guard 4 (-9)
(07) Hybrid Werebull (-14)(-10)(-6)
__________________________________________________ __

Purusartha: Moves to attack the Bugbear Cleric. (Attack with poisoned shortsword: = 28, Possible Crit)(Crit Confirm: = 10, Fail)(Location: Chest)(Damage: = 9)

Bugbear Cleric: (Fortitude Save vs. Bebelith Venom Poison, DC 20: = 19. Fail)

Purusartha: (Bebilith Venom Initial Damage: = 5 Con Damage)

Purusartha's shortsword pierces into the Bugbear Clerics chest. For a moment, the cleric roars in defiance and looks like he will sustain the wound and keep standing, but then his eyes grow wide as he feels the effects of the deadly poison and he collapses, incapacitated!

Purusartha then slowly turns to regard the werebull, holding his shortsword before him still dripping with blood and speaks. "Who are you?!" He asks tensely.

Werebull: Snorts a great puff of air from his nostrils, staring at Purusartha with furrowed brows. "I wouldn't brandish a blade at me if I were you... unless you mean it as a challenge?!"

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/UndercityEncounterRound6Purusartha.png~original

[Arminas: It's your turn, what do you do?]

Riderpride
01-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Arminas simply looks on as both Xiaolong, or at least, what used to be Xiaolong, gores the Bugbear leader, tossing him around like a rag doll. The leader didn't even stand a chance, as the were-beasts horns perforate the Bugbear's hide. Purusartha is also able to take advantage of the Cleric, seeing his leader decimated with extreme ease, slaying the beast with a well placed stroke of the blade.

Looking sidelong to Emiko, he focuses his gaze back on the Werebull, his hands still on his bow, hands twitching slightly, itching to shoot once more if this new development is not brought under control. "Emiko, stay vigilant. I'm not sure what to make of this, but I will not hesitate to shoot if our...ally...decides to turn on us."

Narayan
01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Olo's Guard #2: Nervously reloads his crossbow, taking care not to aim it at the werebull.... yet. (Holds action for now)

[Crdechzkragar: It is your turn]

voidoblivion
01-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Finding safety under the wagon he hides. The were-bull was in charge of their friend, Not ever having met one before and not sure what and if he can gain control of himself and revert back to his old self, he stays hidden and in a place he currently feels safe in.

Narayan
01-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Yorick: ~So, the werebull may now be a threat.~ Yorick acknowledges to himself. Purusartha's words and body language made that very clear. He doesn't panic though. A seasoned gladiator like him did not feel fear so easily.

He doesn't stare at the werebull either, he watches him carefully with of the corner of his eye. Then, very calmly, he turns to step back towards the carriage, carrying his trident loosely at his side in a nonchalant manner.

The werebull does not fail to notice him, but when Yorick starts to prod at the dead Bugbear Leader he gives himself an excuse to linger in the werebull's blind spot, while also effectively putting himself in position for a flanking attack, without being so overt as to spook him.

Olo: Steps beside Purusartha still holding his short sword and dagger, albeit smaller versions. "Is there a problem here?" He asks.

Purusartha: "None so long as this werebull doesn't declare himself a foe."

Hybrid Werebull: Chuckles. "If I were your foe, we wouldn't be having this conversation..."

Purusartha: "Then answer my question. Who are you? What's happened to Xiaolong?!"

Hybrid Werebull: "That weak old man couldn't handle the situation. So, as often happens, I must intervene to ensure our mutual survival. My name is Zhang Jiao, or just Jiao."

Olo: Raises his brow curiously. "Interesting... so what will happen to Xiaolong? Are you aware of who we are?"

Jiao: "Xiaolong will return when the sun rises. And yes, I am aware of everything Xiaolong is. I live within him and share his thoughts after all... although, I do not claim to share his heart, or his friends..." He adds matter-of-factly.

Purusartha: "Then, will you help us? You must be aware of what we are trying to do?"

Jiao: "I might be persuaded to help you. If I was offered something in return."

Purusartha: Frowns. "What do you want? If what you say is true, you won't be with us long, so what could you hope to keep for yourself?"

Jiao: Forms a hideous expression that might be a grin. "I don't want any... thing... in particular. As you say I don't own this body, I can't take pleasure in anything for long. All I crave, is the freedom to relish the act of killing as much as I can, for as long as I can."

Purusartha and Olo exchange worried looks.

[Emiko: It is your turn, what do you do?]

Daydreaming
01-19-2014, 03:18 AM
"Emiko, stay vigilant. I'm not sure what to make of this, but I will not hesitate to shoot if our...ally...decides to turn on us."


Jiao: Forms a hideous expression that might be a grin. "I don't want any... thing... in particular. As you say I don't own this body, I can't take pleasure in anything for long. All I crave, is the freedom to relish the act of killing as much as I can, for as long as I can."


~His request sounds simple enough, so why does everyone seem worried?~

"If he was going to attack us, he would of done so by now..." She says quietly in response to Arminas, so only he can hear her.

{Emiko leaves Kitsune inside the carriage and steps outside. She adjusts her appearance to fix the mess of her makeup and hair from the battle. She walks over to Cael's body, and closes his eyes. She looks up to where the sky would be if they were on the surface, and closes her eyes for a moment as if listening to something the others can't hear. She walks over to Jiao, and appears not to be threatened by him. She looks over to the body of the bugbear leader and looks back to Jiao.}

"You say that you value the mutual survival of Xiao and yourself, does this include being wary of whose wrath you instill upon you both with your actions?" She says to Jiao in a respectful tone. "A great beast such as yourself still has limits, and picking a fight with the wrong person at the wrong time could earn you the wrath of an entire army. In our case, the wrath of a great many powerful Vul, wielding magic and disgusting experimental creatures, not to mention an underground city full of wererats."

"I don't see a problem with you killing our enemies, as long as you do it tactfully and don't put us in a situation that will get us all killed later. You seem to be one who prides himself on his skill in combat, so I'm sure you would value the strength in finesse when dealing with a great enemy." She looks at Jiao with a stern face and looks back over at the bugbears.

"You can finish off these gaichu if you wish. I see there are still some breathing..." She nods to the incapacitated bugbears. "If you don't object, I could also use some help moving our dead... ...anyone?" She addresses the group with her last question. "We should return Cael's body to his family for a proper burial once we finish retrieving our captured comrade."

~Don't cry... Don't be weak... Tears will do nothing to bring anyone back...~

(Translation: gaichu = vermin)

rtcvb32
01-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Sauel gave a slow sigh, glad so far that the situation wasn't going to go out of hand. Sitting down he then lets his body shudder as the sound of cracking bones, muscles shifting, and unnatural sound that couldn't be mistaken for anything else as he shifted to his human form for a little while, but tastefully having himself covered (although he personally didn't care, however Emiko might mind..).

"The thrill of the kill, and survival. True words from any beast, have they the mind of an animal or something a little more intelligent such as you... Survival by oneself down here is less likely since we are the wrong species of lycans, and I'm quite sure there will be another battle before the night is over... at least with a few Vul who would target you the moment they see you..." his eyes glance down to the dead BugBear leader "For obvious reasons."

"I believe everyone would feel better if you give us your word you won't lash out at us unjustly anyways. I am quite sure everyone will be quite cooperative with some reassurance they don't get gored in the back..."

(Diplomacy: 9, unless there's a better skill check, or if one is even needed...)

Narayan
01-19-2014, 01:22 PM
"You say that you value the mutual survival of Xiao and yourself, does this include being wary of whose wrath you instill upon you both with your actions?" She says to Jiao in a respectful tone. "A great beast such as yourself still has limits, and picking a fight with the wrong person at the wrong time could earn you the wrath of an entire army. In our case, the wrath of a great many powerful Vul, wielding magic and disgusting experimental creatures, not to mention an underground city full of wererats."

"I don't see a problem with you killing our enemies, as long as you do it tactfully and don't put us in a situation that will get us all killed later. You seem to be one who prides himself on his skill in combat, so I'm sure you would value the strength in finesse when dealing with a great enemy." She looks at Jiao with a stern face.

Jiao: Laughs in a few deep grunts before addressing Emiko. "Finesse is for women, I live merely to destroy all who challenge me.I have not always succeeded, else I would not exist in this fashion, but so long as I do exist that will not change. You are not Lángrén Wǔ sēng, I do not expect you to understand."


"The thrill of the kill, and survival. True words from any beast, have they the mind of an animal or something a little more intelligent such as you... Survival by oneself down here is less likely since we are the wrong species of lycans, and I'm quite sure there will be another battle before the night is over... at least with a few Vul who would target you the moment they see you..." his eyes glance down to the dead BugBear leader "For obvious reasons."

"I believe everyone would feel better if you give us your word you won't lash out at us unjustly anyways. I am quite sure everyone will be quite cooperative with some reassurance they don't get gored in the back..."

He looks to Sauel next. "If I lash out at anyone, it's because they gave me cause. I don't give assurances, but so long as you stay out of my way, I'll try to avoid picking a fight with you."

"I realize these caves are full of wererats, which might make for a very enjoyable battle, but a tedious one. Vul are much more interesting. I remember the shock and horror Xiaolong felt watching the those men burn in the streets earlier..."

Chuckles "Anything that creates a fire a breathing breast like a VulDrake should be a much more worthy opponent. I look forward to fighting them."

Purusartha: Spits at Jiao's feet. "You are a monster, with little to no respect for innocent lives! Yes we are were's, but some of us remember what it was like to be human first! Xiaolong is a much better man then you must have been."

Jiao: Glares down at Purusartha. "You are a pathetic fool, just like Xiaolong. Lycanthropy is a boon, not a curse. Afflicted were's sometimes speak of your former lives like there was something noble about them..." Laughs "That's nonsense!" Jerks his head towards Sauel. "He understands me better, but such should be expected from a natural-born were."

Olo: Kneels down and slices the throat of the incapacitated Bugbear Cleric with his dagger.

Olo's Guard #4: Steps over to Olo and clears his throat."Excuse me Olo, but this plan of yours isn't working out so well. Many of us are wounded, and I don't really like the look of your new friends. This is really starting to seem like a bad idea..."

Olo: Looks up his guard with annoyance. "We stick to the plan. Nothing has changed. We got ambushed... so what? That's not unusual down here in the outlying caves."

Olo's Guard #4:"You said we could take refuge at the Underhearth Inn! There could easily be more of these Bugbears out there! We shouldn't stay here!" He says hands clenched around his halberd, sweat stinging his eyes.

Olo: Grits his teeth, clearly angered that his orders are being questioned. "We had to bypass by the inn because I spotted a couple of Kysers mounts tied up there!"

Purusartha: Turns to interrupt. "Excuse me Olo, but since we made it his far, couldn't we let your guards go back to the inn without us? There shouldn't be any evidence we were ever with them at this point."

Olo: Takes a deep breath. "Yes, I suppose you're right..." He answers Puru before addressing his guards. "Go back to the Inn and take shelter. Tell them I was using the carriage to be dropped off somewhere else and then I ordered you to take shelter there. Make up whatever story you want about being ambushed after that, but don't make it sound like I might be in danger. Nobody must come after me, is that clear?!"

Olo's Guard #4: "Yes of course!"

Olo: "Hurry up and finish off the rest of these filthy Bugbears before you leave!" He says, letting his guards busy themselves with that bloody errand before he turns to speak to the rest of you. "Collect your things and prepare yourselves, we're heading out from here on foot... which means you can take off those clothes now Emiko and you can come out from under the carriage now Cred."

_______________________________________________

<End of round 6, End of Combat>

[What do you do?]

rtcvb32
01-19-2014, 02:58 PM
As much as sauel looked up to Purusartha, he didn't see the point of view of the were. But at least he said he wouldn't lash out, that meant he was actually holding back quite a bit and for now as far as Sauel was concerned, trustworthy; This time at least. Purusartha still seemed to have that romancing notion he was still human and acted as such. Sauel recalled Purusartha struggling with his inner beast when he shifted, or fought to stay human. As for how Xaio felt of himself was hard to say but Sauel suspected Jaio and Xaio had some agreement, threats afterall could be quite effective.

Jaio was correct, lycanthrope in many ways was much more a gift or boon than it was a curse if you looked at the many advantages, including avoiding death when you're at the edge or already died; Glancing at Yorick was only too obvious a reminder since he had died once already, almost left for dead, and then came back. If you changed instinctively to survive in a fight and being mindful of Silver were small prices to pay, weren't they?

With them going to be traveling by foot now, and Olo's guards gone Sauel turned to the bugbear in front of him, took his weapon, the remainder of them needed to be finished off, then any spoils gathered before they left. No need to be wasteful. The only question coming to mind was regarding Cael who died. The idea of attempting to infect him this close to the moon might have him revive, but would he want to live being a lycanthrope. Sauel knew he would need this heart-to-heart talk with others later.

Now however that the immediate danger was actually gone he could taste a hint of blood still in his mouth when he had bitten the bugbear in front of him; It was doubtful lycanthrope would have gotten him that easily, but not impossible. Thankfully he knew how to keep him from coming back.

"Rabi" Sauel called to his wolf, giving him some needed reassurances to calm him before giving him an order to stick close to Cred for a while, and not to growl or provoke the WereBull.

"Purusartha... I need to talk to you for a moment... the sooner the better..."

Daydreaming
01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
{Emiko notices the werewolf nearby, and curiously watches as Sauel transforms back into human form. She tries not to let him notice that shes watching him. She looks a little intrigued as she listens to Sauel speak.}

~Maybe Sauel isn't as much of an ass as I thought... Although, the things he said earlier make him sound like the type that whores around with lots of women... Ugh...~

{Emiko looks annoyed by Jiao's response. Her body glows faintly for a moment with her anger.}

"Finesse is for women you say? I will take that as a compliment." She says, smiling slyly at Jiao. "I also understand a lot more than you think... And you would be wise not to underestimate the strength of a woman, Jiao, it could be your undoing."

{Emiko gives Jiao a cocky smile before turning to listen to Puru and Olo.}

~If Puru thinks Jiao is a monster, I wonder what he would think of me if he knew my past... If we're going to continue on foot... What about Cael... We can't just leave his body here...~

"Olo, you say we must continue on foot, but what about Cael's body? Could you have your men keep it safe until we get back from rescuing our comrade?" She asks in a hopeful tone.

Riderpride
01-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Arminas exits the carriage at the behest of Olo. He remains wordless throughout the conversation, taking in the carnage that lay before him at his feet. This lycanthrope business certainly gave him a lot to ponder, as the plot thickened a little more. ~I mustn't dwell on it too long. We still need to get to Palenrian before it's too late.~

The elf gathers up his belongings, checks over his ammunition quickly before standing ready to move out.

Narayan
01-19-2014, 11:44 PM
List of Items Found on Bugbears: (All Medium Sized)

Weapons_________________________________________
6 Morningstars
1 Greataxe
3 Daggers
3 Light Picks
6 Heavy Crossbows (w/100 bolts remaining total)

Armor___________________________________________
5 Suites of Studded Leather Armor
2 Suites of Breastplate Armor

Treasure_________________________________________
234 Silver Pieces
97 Gold Pieces
348 Copper Pieces
4 Ornamental Silver Rings (Approximately 10 sp value each)
1 Jeweled unholy Symbol of Hruggek (Approximately 100 gp value)

Other Items_____________________________________

3 Common unholy Symbols of Hruggek
16 Torches
260 ft. of rope
6 sets of manacles
60 ft. of chain
24 days of dried rations (mushrooms, jerky, bread)
13 Waterskins (1 Gallon each)
4 Bottles of Liquor.

In addition to these items, each Bugbear wears a crude iron medallion of sorts... bearing a strange symbol.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/HouseUldraigHouseInsigniaV2.png~original

Purusatha: Nods to Sauel stepping away from the carnage, out of easy-listening range of the others. "What is it Sauel?"

rtcvb32
01-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Sauel lowers his voice as he speaks to Purusartha, mostly he doesn't want to make anyone nervous until he had an answer.

"This is in regard to Cael. It is unfortunate he died tonight, and I hate seeing people die pointlessly. It is close to the next full moon and considering he died so recently, I think it's possible to infect him, and in a matter of hours or less his heart could start up again should this work... The only problem is I don't know his personal views, if he would have preferred a chance to live as a lycan, or if he'd rather remain dead..."

"This means if we are to attempt this, it needs to be done now. If you think he should return to his family as he is, then we'll do the best we can for that cause. What do you think?"

Purusartha undoubtedly would be against it, and needlessly making people werewolves was bad practice. But Cael did know he was in the presence of lycanthropes, and was helping them against the Vul (even if it was just a small rescue) that could void his life if they caught wind of it.

Narayan
01-20-2014, 02:26 AM
Purusartha: Shakes his head at Sauel. "I'm afraid that's not an option. The curse of lycanthropy can only be transferred to a living person."

Olo: Responds to Emiko. "There's no point hiding Cael's body in the carriage because you probably won't see it again. Once you free your friend, we'll use the portal to get you back to the surface immediately. If you want to store Cael's body in the meantime, the best option is to push the body through the portal for now and let it rest in the cellar of the Drunken Fool. That way it will be there waiting for you when you return."

Olo's Guard #4: Speaks up. "Olo, all the bugbears are wearing matching medallions. What do you make of them?" They ask.

Olo: Steps over to the guards and takes a look for himself. "Ah, these must be Drow house insignia. These bugbears are minions of the dark elves!" He says acidly before he spits.

rtcvb32
01-20-2014, 05:24 AM
"Yes I'm aware of that..." Sauel says, frowning. "But his body is still warm, maybe he's dead by our definition, but not another definition. There are fish and frogs during the winter that are frozen totally solid, and are technically 'dead' as anyone can diagnose, and probably as much as Cael is right now; However once thawed they are alive and moving once more. I mean to mostly bring this up that if he can still get infected that it's a slim option we can try. Had he beheaded I wouldn't bother asking, but he wasn't, he's still whole and otherwise healthy."

(If I need to make a nature or knowledge check for this let me know.)

Narayan
01-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Purusartha: Frowns and places a hand on Sauel's shoulder. "It's a nice thought, I'm sure Cael would prefer to live on. But this cannot be done. Do you think I have not already tried to save someone that way? I have... and it's a bitter disappointment when it fails. Perhaps the blood of an Alpha, or a ritual performed by a powerful were-shaman could manage it. But for us, it is impossible I assure you."

Purusartha looks back towards the group, cringing when he hears Olo's remark about dark elves. "That's not good... that's what the Bugbear Leader must have meant when he said 'my masters will destroy you all.'... apparently there's worse things then wererats down in these caves. I don't suppose you've ever fought a Drow before Sauel?"

rtcvb32
01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
It was a little disappointing to hear what he already suspected, but Sauel had no personal attachment to Cael. He nodded, now was not the time for desperate measures and pushing the envelope, still it would have been nice to see it work but leaving the body covered in wolf bites may leave Cael's family with a distorted belief of what killed him.

The conversation switching to drow made Sauel frown, his personal experience in that field was nil. With a shake of his head he answered "No, never fought them. Most of my time has been in the protective custody of the pack (in one way or another) and not too far away from them until now. You might have to give us all a quick review of what they are like and how they fight."


Looking at the gathered loot Sauel was curious how they were going to carry it; True with three or four were's it was probably easily capable (weight-wise), but just because you could lift it didn't mean it was balanced. Seeing as they were going to be leaving the carriage behind it was then doubtful a bad place to store it there, and they couldn't probably use Olo's little portable hole for the job too much. Far more likely they would end up taking the most valuable stuff and leave the larger and bulkier common stuff behind; Course a resourceful packer could do wonders as well.

Narayan
01-20-2014, 07:23 PM
The conversation switching to drow made Sauel frown, his personal experience in that field was nil. With a shake of his head he answered "No, never fought them. Most of my time has been in the protective custody of the pack (in one way or another) and not too far away from them until now. You might have to give us all a quick review of what they are like and how they fight."

​Purusartha: Smirks "The very fact you haven't fought them is probably why you're still around to say so. Yes, we should talk about them if we hope to stay alive down here." Puru says leading you both back towards the group.

Tanarus
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Gael: "I probably know nearly everything there is to know about her. As I said we grew up together, but our childhood wasn't exactly fun and games. This land is very dangerous for weretigers like us. Over the centuries, our kind have been ruthlessly hunted to near-extinction by the dreaded Vulkyrie."

"Things started to get really bad before Baron Zomok rose to power. Your mother and I were some of the last of our generation to be born in the Namirseua clan. The last clan with ancient roots."

"However, when Baron Zomok's predecessor earned the wrath of our Alpha, he ordered us to rise up and destroy him. Which we did, but at great cost... The Alpha himself was killed leading the attack, and our numbers have never since recovered."

"The surviving elders of our clan decided that we must enter a period of seclusion to regain our strength. They also sought to seek help from other clans further abroad. To that end, your mother was one of those chosen to go south. I on the other hand, went east... where I met my husband Taros." She says turning to regard him fondly.

Taros: smiles back. "I remember. Our history together is quite a story." He says with a chuckle.

Amaya: Amaya listened to Gael as she spoke, almost spitting her milk out rudely once she heard Geal was a were tiger as well. "Wait.. what??? your a..." Amaya paused to listen to the rest of what Gael had to say. hearing that they number of their kind had never recovered made Amaya sad, looking down into her glass of milk as she continued to listen. Once Gael was done speaking, Amaya looked back at her. "Well to have a place like this, you must have been back here a long while, and from the sounds of it you didn't find any others. While on the other hand my mother didn't find any others and didn't really look. Then once my father passed she left me and ran away." Amaya said with a glint of anger in her eyes at the memory.

Narayan
01-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Amaya: Amaya listened to Gael as she spoke, almost spitting her milk out rudely once she heard Geal was a were tiger as well. "Wait.. what??? your a..." Amaya paused to listen to the rest of what Gael had to say. hearing that they number of their kind had never recovered made Amaya sad, looking down into her glass of milk as she continued to listen. Once Gael was done speaking, Amaya looked back at her. "Well to have a place like this, you must have been back here a long while, and from the sounds of it you didn't find any others. While on the other hand my mother didn't find any others and didn't really look. Then once my father passed she left me and ran away." Amaya said with a glint of anger in her eyes at the memory.

Gael: Looks sympathetic "It must feel like your mother abandoned you, especially leaving after your father died. But she had her reasons. You must understand that weretigers like us can't lead normal lives. We are all burdened with the survival of our clan which requires us to take on great risk, responsibility and sacrifice."

"You say she wasn't actively looking for others while you were growing up? That's not true, she just avoided involving you when you were by her side, no doubt for your own safety. I assure you, there was a lot she was doing that you weren't aware of. Perhaps while you were sleeping for example."

"Awanseiga didn't leave you behind because she wanted too. She left because she was called home by the elders, and she wanted to give you the chance to live a life of your choosing in the south. I've already explained how dangerous Vulkh is for our kind. Maharatha on the other hand, is a haven and a stronghold for weretigers."

"There are many thriving clans down there, but they all look down on us. Awanseiga had a difficult task trying to convince them to help our struggle. The best way to coax their cooperation was to live as one of them and raise a family."

"I wish I could tell you more about what she might be doing now, but the elders strictly forbid us to speak of clan secrets to outsiders. I've already told you more then I should have, because of the love I bear my lifelong friend, but now you must decide what you wish to do?"

"It is possible for you to petition entry into the Namirseua clan. That is your right, but acceptance is far from guaranteed, and you should first be sure that is what you want."

Taros: "We're glad to have you here Amaya, but we won't always be here. You'll need to have a plan for yourself. Whatever it is, we'll do our best to help."

Narayan
01-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Emiko: Emiko looks concerned at Puru and Sauel walking off alone together to share some private words, but since she wasn't privy to their conversation she decides to take a moment to remove her cumbersome kimono. Not the makeup however, that she decides to keep on for now.

Emiko does remove the comb, flowers, and sticks from her long white hair, loosely tying it up off her shoulders with a bit of string. Stepping over to Cael's body, she wraps him in the fancy cloth from her disguise, tucking the flowers and other things from her hair into his folded arms. She pulls a piece of chalk from her pocket, and crumbles the tip in her fingers to draw the Katanese symbol for protection on Cael's forhead. After a somber moment, she stands and speaks to Olo, relieved at his suggestion.

"Yes Olo, I agree that sounds like the best option. Thank you for your kindness..." She says before stepping up to the carriage and grabbing Kit, whom she secures back in her pack. But as she lifts it she cringes from the lingering pain dealt by the spirit weapon.

"Cred, is there anything you can do to help with my arm please? I saw you heal the others... I figured you might be able to do the same for me?" She asks nicely.

When she hears Olo mention Drow (Knowledge Dungeoneering Check: = 9) she steps over to his side and speaks up on the subject, addressing the whole group.

"I only know only a few things about the Drow from books and my sensei. They look like dark skinned, light haired versions of Arminas' race. Women rule within their culture, and they fancy spiders. I have a feeling this means there will be more poison to deal with, and they'll likely move and quick and silent like spiders as well."

Tanarus
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Gael: Looks sympathetic "It must feel like your mother abandoned you, especially leaving after your father died. But she had her reasons. You must understand that weretigers like us can't lead normal lives. We are all burdened with the survival of our clan which requires us to take on great risk, responsibility and sacrifice."

"You say she wasn't actively looking for others while you were growing up? That's not true, she just avoided involving you when you were by her side, no doubt for your own safety. I assure you, there was a lot she was doing that you weren't aware of. Perhaps while you were sleeping for example."

"Awanseiga didn't leave you behind because she wanted too. She left because she was called home by the elders, and she wanted to give you the chance to live a life of your choosing in the south. I've already explained how dangerous Vulkh is for our kind. Maharatha on the other hand, is a haven and a stronghold for weretigers."

"There are many thriving clans down there, but they all look down on us. Awanseiga had a difficult task trying to convince them to help our struggle. The best way to coax their cooperation was to live as one of them and raise a family."

"I wish I could tell you more about what she might be doing now, but the elders strictly forbid us to speak of clan secrets to outsiders. I've already told you more then I should have, because of the love I bear my lifelong friend, but now you must decide what you wish to do?"

"It is possible for you to petition entry into the Namirseua clan. That is your right, but acceptance is far from guaranteed, and you should first be sure that is what you want."

Taros: "We're glad to have you here Amaya, but we won't always be here. You'll need to have a plan for yourself. Whatever it is, we'll do our best to help."

Amaya: Amaya remained silent with a little bit of anger and disdain in her eyes as Gael spoke about her mother. There was surly no way that her mother left her just for these elder fools. "So apparently i meant less to my mother then i had first thought" Amaya said softly. "What do you mean i can Petition for entry into the Namirseua clan? and how could you not tell me more, I am no OUTSIDER!" Amaya said raising her voice slightly as she began to get more angry. "And when exactly did you or Saeed figure out what i am?" Amaya asked, he voice still portraying the anger she was feeling.

Narayan
01-21-2014, 02:25 AM
Amaya: Amaya remained silent with a little bit of anger and disdain in her eyes as Gael spoke about her mother. There was surely no way that her mother left her just for these elder fools. "So apparently i meant less to my mother then i had first thought" Amaya said softly. "What do you mean i can Petition for entry into the Namirseua clan? and how could you not tell me more, I am no OUTSIDER!" Amaya said raising her voice slightly as she began to get more angry. "And when exactly did you or Saeed figure out what i am?" Amaya asked, he voice still portraying the anger she was feeling.

Gael: Exchanges a concerned look with Taros. "Please don't get angry Amaya... You must be a weretiger because your mother was. Don't you know that's how the curse works? It's passed on by blood from parent to child. If you have children someday, they'll carry it as well... I'm sorry I assumed you knew? That's common knowledge to most lycanthropes."

"If Awanseiga brought you back with her, you'd have no choice but to join the clan and loose much of the freedom you had in the south. You've never lived in Vulkh before which is why they'll call you an outsider. Life is hard and often dangerous for us here. It's quite fortunate you met Saeed when you did, or it might be you hunted in the streets tonight."

"It's true I live in relative luxury compared to most, but that's only because I'm almost an elder myself at this point. I've suffered enough to earn the right to some peace..."

At this point, Gael's voice starts to break with emotion... and Taros reaches over to clasp her shoulder comfortingly.

Taros: "Amaya, I'm not your father, I won't tell you what to do... but you should know how hard it is for us to hear you balk at the chance of a safer life in the south. When Gael was called back we were raising two children in the east. If they had stayed there, they would probably still be alive. We think about them everyday and what serving her clan has cost us."

voidoblivion
01-21-2014, 07:41 AM
After all the carnage is over with and the dead searched, He slips silently from under the wagon moving to climb into it back to his old position. He is running out of spells and all he can do for now is patch people up. Grabbing his medical gear the returns to the group looking to see who is in need of his medical care. While he looks over the people here he also listens to the conversations of those in the group.

~hmm Drow who control the bug bears. this is not good, why are there incursion into the rat kings territory, if I understand the areas correctly. Just means we must be on our guard even more.~

Moving to the most Injured of those here so he can properly care for there wounds. With a Prayer to Userrwroth he begins to care for them.

Riderpride
01-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Arminas' eyes almost glow red when the mention of the Drow comes up in conversation. "I could tell you almost everything you need to know about the accursed Drow. Emiko is right, they are Elf as much as I am, but originated underground. They worship a demon goddess by the name of Lolth, and do indeed fancy spiders. They are a civilization like no other, they have their own hierarchy, and the list of warrior types that they train could rival multiple realms at once. But the ones you should fear the most are the half-Drow, half-spider monstrosities known as Driders. Not to mention the Draegoloths, a monster birthed of a Lolth High Priestess and a Glabrezu demon. Shadow assassins, poison masters, psychic inquisitors, they are the epitome of evil in my home realm.

I have hunted them for quite some time, learning everything I can about them, and exterminating them from the face of the Material plane. If these beasts answer to them, then this has become more serious than initially anticipated. They cannot be taken lightly, nor should they be underestimated. But they bleed, just like you and me. They can be killed. I have done so myself. And if they are the ones behind this, I will do so again, until none remain standing."

rtcvb32
01-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Sauel takes a few moments to re-don the clothing he had worn in the carriage before pulling out his own healer kit, doing similar to Cred with patching up Olo's guards (if they haven't disappeared yet) and their own band of random strangers. Seeing as likely no one else was willing to get near the WereBull Sauel approaches him giving him a few feet breadth and voicing his offer and intentions to patch his likely already somewhat healing wounds.

Arminas's very vocal words regarding drow made Sauel raise his eyebrow, sure he had heard of some relationship of spiders, Lolth, and them being elves, but there was something very personal the way Arminas took offense to the idea of drow being down here.

Tanarus
01-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Gael: Exchanges a concerned look with Taros. "Please don't get angry Amaya... You must be a weretiger because your mother was. Don't you know that's how the curse works? It's passed on by blood from parent to child. If you have children someday, they'll carry it as well... I'm sorry I assumed you knew? That's common knowledge to most lycanthropes."

"If Awanseiga brought you back with her, you'd have no choice but to join the clan and loose much of the freedom you had in the south. You've never lived in Vulkh before which is why they'll call you an outsider. Life is hard and often dangerous for us here. It's quite fortunate you met Saeed when you did, or it might be you hunted in the streets tonight."

"It's true I live in relative luxury compared to most, but that's only because I'm almost an elder myself at this point. I've suffered enough to earn the right to some peace..."

At this point, Gael's voice starts to break with emotion... and Taros reaches over to clasp her shoulder comfortingly.

Taros: "Amaya, I'm not your father, I won't tell you what to do... but you should know how hard it is for us to hear you balk at the chance of a safer life in the south. When Gael was called back we were raising two children in the east. If they had stayed there, they would probably still be alive. We think about them everyday and what serving her clan has cost us."



Amaya: Amaya listened to what what was said, not sure exactly what to say in reply. But as she listened, tears started to well up in her eyes. Emotions of anger mixed with sadness and the like flowed through her veins. Tears started to run down her face as she heard what Taros said. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to.... " Amaya couldn't finish what she was saying, putting her glass down on the table she curled up into a ball on the chair. She felt lost, unsure of what to do or say and sorry that she caused Taros and Gael sorrow when all they had done so far was try to help.

Narayan
01-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Arminas' eyes almost glow red when the mention of the Drow comes up in conversation. "I could tell you almost everything you need to know about the accursed Drow. Emiko is right, they are Elf as much as I am, but originated underground. They worship a demon goddess by the name of Lolth, and do indeed fancy spiders. They are a civilization like no other, they have their own hierarchy, and the list of warrior types that they train could rival multiple realms at once. But the ones you should fear the most are the half-Drow, half-spider monstrosities known as Driders. Not to mention the Draegoloths, a monster birthed of a Lolth High Priestess and a Glabrezu demon. Shadow assassins, poison masters, psychic inquisitors, they are the epitome of evil in my home realm.

I have hunted them for quite some time, learning everything I can about them, and exterminating them from the face of the Material plane. If these beasts answer to them, then this has become more serious than initially anticipated. They cannot be taken lightly, nor should they be underestimated. But they bleed, just like you and me. They can be killed. I have done so myself. And if they are the ones behind this, I will do so again, until none remain standing."

Purusartha: Stoops to pick up Xiaolong's pipe off the ground, brushing it clean and tucking it away in his robes until which time he could return it to him. He steps between Arminas and Olo. "Thank you for your words of warning Arminas. Your experience fighting dark elves should prove invaluable to us. I've always taken care to avoid them but I have glimpsed them once or twice in my many years of adventuring."

Olo: Nods. "I too have experience with them. About fifteen years ago, my village was raided by Drow. I was taken captive and spent several years in slavery down here in the depths of the underdark... but eventually escaped." He says bitterly.

Purusartha: Nods soberly. "I have come across remote villages and campsites raided by Drow before. The evidence of their attack was horrific. There were never survivors. Drow do not allow any living witnesses to speak of their deeds. Only the bodies left behind hint to their savagery and cold-blooded cruelty.

"Drow consider all who live under the sun their enemy. Women, children, it makes no difference to them... all will be butchered, enslaved, or captured to honor their dark goddess with sacrifice... I am sorry for your ordeal Olo, it must have been a living hell to be dragged down here like that."

Olo: "I was lucky to escape, but I have no intention of being captured again. SO LISTEN CLOSELY EVERYONE!" He says loudly to get everyone's attention. "These bugbears were just a raiding party. They were probing the borders of the Undercity for weaknesses. They are completely expendable as far as the Drow are concerned. But do not be fooled. Just because they are allowed to die doesn't mean their deaths are ignored."

Olo stoops down and snatches one of the iron medallions from around the neck of a bugbear, careful to avoid touching it directly.

"Each one of these medallions bares an insignia of a drow household. The same household that outfitted, trained, and tasked these bugbears to go raiding. Do not be fooled. These medallions are not as crude and cheap as they appear. Each one is sure to be magically enchanted."

"One cannot be certain what the actual enchantments are, but for minions like this, they will likely be used to track their movements and keep tabs on their health. It is therefore likely their masters already know these bugbears were defeated and where we are exactly. They might be attempting to scry on us as we speak..."

He says, pausing to look at everyone with earnest seriousness.

"...But no matter. We will press on! Just remember that every evil rumor you heard about the Drow is probably an understatement. In many regards Drow are as dangerous as the Vul. True they may not be as physically strong, but their capacity for cruelty and affinity for dark magic make them a truly wicked foe. They are creatures of darkness through-and-through, which means they abhor daylight and bright light of any sort."

"Even their minions, like these bugbears, are trained to use tactics similar to their own. They ambushed us from a position out of range of our lanterns, engaging us first with missile weapons and spells. If these had been actual Drow warriors and wizards, we would have had a much harder time defeating them."

"As Emiko suggested, they are masters of poison. So if anyone has a means of bolstering their resistance to poison, you should be ready to do so immediately. Any hesitation could mean your doom."

"They are also fond of blinding their foe's with magical globes of darkness, so be prepared for those. They can be cancelled out with magic light spells in most cases, but don't assume they won't immediately return the favor and cancel out your light spell with anther globe of darkness. Most Drow can cast those multiple times. It might be wiser to simply flee the area of the magical darkness if you can manage it. They are fixed in placed and won't follow you as you move."

"Remember to be on your guard and stay alert! Keep quiet as much as possible. Don't go off anywhere alone, and if we are ambushed again, don't clump together in a panic! They'll have a harder time targeting us with spells that way."

"Lastly, understand the Drow are a very proud race. Vile, but proud, and proud of being vile. They expect to be feared, and they love to be feared, which can in itself be a weakness. As a last resort, we might coax them to act rashly out of hate and pride through mockery and taunts."

rtcvb32
01-23-2014, 04:26 AM
"More poison users..." Sauel said to himself with a frown. A lot of what was said about the drow sounded quite close to their recent experiences with Kasha and her cult. It wouldn't be too much a surprise if they took on aspects of their enemy's tactics if they were good. Sauel himself still had one bottle to bolster resistances to poison for an hour, and made a note to get several more, the one bottle alone had saved him quite a bit of problems, although he had still gotten weakened by the effects of one. Those thoughts reminded him how tired he was.

The tactics sounded pretty ruthless, but pretty sound, some he would even take as a predator as it gets closer to the full moon, even in the dark he could feel the sway of it's control. Hunting in near pitch black sounded kind of fun actually, but drow he had heard had better vision for low light or darkness, in equal numbers they might mean equal forces, but getting the jump on a situation just right could mean the first strike was also the last.

"If we happen upon a store at some point, everyone might pick up a few of these..." Sauel says after Olo finishes and pulls out his antitoxin bottle (http://plothook.net/d20/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#antitoxin) to show everyone; Arminas has glimpsed it earlier when he spoke of wererats using poison a lot. "Although I doubt we'll come across any tonight though."

Riderpride
01-23-2014, 11:00 AM
"Yes, antitoxins are extremely valuable. I also possess magic that will delay its effects, although not cure it outright." The Elf comes up closer to Olo himself, looking at him curiously after his statement about being in captivity as a slave. "It is a miracle that you did indeed escape their clutches, and remain in such a shape that their magics haven't twisted you beyond your humanity. I would like to learn more of your captivity, and your method of escape. For if there is a way to escape the Underdark, then that means there is a way into the Underdark without succumbing to the slavers, and a full scale assault on their cities can be launched."

Narayan
01-23-2014, 11:30 PM
_________________________________________________

<End of Scene>

Narayan
01-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Experience Award Time (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

Main Group______________________________________

PC's
Arminas - 300 xp + 200 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
Crdechzkragar - 200 xp + 1 character point
Emiko - 350 xp + 350 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
Sauel - *150 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
Xiaolong - *150 xp + 350 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point

NPC's
Olo - 400 xp
Purusartha - 300 xp
Yorick - *100 xp
Jiao - *100 xp
__________________________________________________ __

Other Group_________________________________________

PC's
Amaya - 100 xp + 100 bonus roleplaying xp

NPC's
Gael - 50 xp
Taros - 50 xp
Saeed - 400 xp
_________________________________________