CondorDM
12-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Reviving OpenRPG -
"The DMs Best Recruiting Tool & Players Fastest Way To Find A Game"

Questions you may ask -
"What does openrpg have that the others don't?"
"Why not just use the forums to recruit?"

My Reply -
(On the second question): For pbp(Play By Post) I would say recruiting on the forums where the game takes place is fine.
(Response to both): OpenRPG works like a simple easy version of mirc, it has a very easy to look over server list, once on a server you will be in the lobby room(Room that is created by the server). Game rooms, recruiting rooms and some game building rooms ect may be open by users, players can shop dms games there, which is a faster more direct way for people to gather for a game.
I would go as far as to suggest using it to recruit players to play for other platform games, bringing the majority of the community to this place for more direct recruiting would benefit all gamers regardless of their role.

Last Point -
I been on openrpg for many years,I understand why people leave and head to other platforms but I would suggest people see it from this point of view, the more we all gather in once place with easier direct communication, the easier it is for everyone to find a game.

Downloading OpenRPG -
Much easier then it use to be, I suggest to those convinced to try it, try the normal version and not traipse. More current users use the normal version, the two versions don't get along well.
Follow This Link For The Download(It is free!): http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg&m=getorpg

nijineko
12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
download link is broken. ^^