PDA

View Full Version : A group looking for players (new or experienced) for all sorts of games!

REV_G33K
11-23-2013, 07:43 PM
We are looking for new or experienced players to get together and play, any system any style, about once a week.

My roommate, my wife, and I have at least a collective 36 years of gaming experience, and are looking for some fresh new players (new to us or just new to pen and paper)

Games we have on hand (and enjoy playing) Old World of Darkness (all flavors), D&D 3.5, D&D 4.0, Pathfinder, and Star Wars. We also have the Wheel of Time game around (but think the system needs fixing). Occasional breaks from Pen and paper games to include fun and interesting board games (Disaster Looms, Pandemic, Risk Legacy, etc) and card games (Dominion, Magic the Gathering). We also enjoy working on systems and fine tuning rules for better balanced game play.

We are looking for new players because we have lost people to real life (jobs, family, moved away) and the three of us feel as if we are falling stagnant.

GM experience is a +, no GM experience is not a negative, if you would like to get some GM experience and have none currently we would be glad to help, and if you just want to play that is just as awesome.

We are flexible on frequency and to some degree on day (would prefer Friday-Sunday but can squeak in some weekday games)

So if you are in the McHenry county Illinois area (or willing to travel there) and would like to join (or would like us to join your group) let me know.

storycrafter
12-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Any success?

REV_G33K
12-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Not yet,

.....until a wild storycrafter appeared?.... :D

storycrafter
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
You sound like our kind of people, except that Woodstock is a little bit of a drive. We're in Round Lake Beach. I was mostly just curious if you were able to find folks in McHenry Co.

I'd like to reach out to you in a little while to see if you're still open to new folks joining. My wife and I might be interested -- we're just very busy with our 1 year old and other issues for the moment.

REV_G33K
01-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Take your time, a one year old is a hand full! We are always open to new people.

I will PM you some contact info.

Mavryk76
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
I am also in Woodstock and looking for an active group. I started playing again after many years of not when 5e was being play test material came out and remember the love for the game I had before kids. I want to play 5e again as a lot of the elements promote role lay more than 4e, which seems more like a tactical miniature game (not that it's bad jurists different mindset). I have ideas for a storyline of my own but I'd love a group as a player to get back into the grove of roleplay altogether.

REV_G33K
01-27-2014, 08:10 PM
sounds awesome! If you are interested in grouping with us check your privet messages