PDA

View Full Version : Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2



Narayan
11-16-2013, 01:33 PM
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_MapofSionEasternHemisphere2.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/MapofSionEasternHemisphere2.png.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_OverlandMapofKingdomofVulkh_zps06c08861.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/OverlandMapofKingdomofVulkh_zps06c08861.png.html)h ttp://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_CityofMasaeusDetailedFixed.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/CityofMasaeusDetailedFixed.png.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_LawsofVulkh.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/LawsofVulkh.jpg.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_PithisDeathList.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/PithisDeathList.png.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Places/th_TheSandDragonInnLowerFloor-1.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Places/TheSandDragonInnLowerFloor-1.jpg.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Places/th_TheSandDragonInnUpperFloor.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Places/TheSandDragonInnUpperFloor.jpg.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_RuinsofSammuramat.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/RuinsofSammuramat.jpg.html)
Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Tuesday Morning - April 10th
__________________________________________________ ____


We are on DDS 122 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.

Narayan
11-16-2013, 01:53 PM
__________________________________________________ ___________________

[Approximate time = 12:30 AM]

[Those of you within the cellar hear knocking on the exterior door]

Wrusk: "I'll get it!" The old half orc says, hobbling his way over opening a slot on the door to take a peek at whoever's knocking. Recognizing Sauel and Yorick he removes the brace permitting them entry.

Purusartha pulls the camouflage back over the stairwell before he follows the other were's inside. He seems clearly exhausted but also deeply relieved as he leans against the cool stone wall.

Wrusk: "Looks like you had quite the adventure tonight eh Puru?"

Purusartha: "Adventure? I think not... nightmare more like it."

Wrusk: "Aye, I heard what happened to Asher. I'm sorry for that." Wrusk says, grasping Puru's shoulder and squeezing it.

Purusartha: Glances around, recognizing mostly everyone but spotting new faces also. "Where is Ivar?" He asks, swallowing because he already suspects the worse.

Daydreaming
11-16-2013, 04:25 PM
{Emiko backs up to the wall she had been sitting against before when she hears the sudden knocking at the cellar door. Kitsune whimpers and runs to Emiko in fear, jumping at her legs wanting to be picked up. Emiko picks up Kit and slumps down against the wall sort of defensively and sits on the ground. She looks nervous about who is on the other side of the door. Before Wrusk opens the door, she pulls her hood up over her hair and most of her face, so that only her mouth is really showing.}

~These men sound very gruff... They seem different... Kit is scared of them. I can feel it... What if they blame the deaths of their friends on me, and they decide to take revenge?! The flames will save me... but... I don't want to hurt Achetii or Cael... If I let my full powers free in here, this place would be ashes... Maybe it won't come to that this time... Maybe they are good people.... Pfft... What are the chances of me meeting a good person though? I have terrible luck... Oh no, he just brought up Ivar...~

"Ivar is dead..." She says just loud enough for the man to hear. Emiko stays seated on the floor against the wall looking down at Kitsune in her lap as she pets her slowly to console her. She pulls the sleeve of her haori to her face to take a quick deep sniff of the jasmine scent still left on her from her soap, to ease her tension and relax herself. "I tried to help him... I tried to help everyone that was in that fight..." She finally looks up at purusartha, with a sudden fear of what might happen next in her blood red eyes. "Moushiwake gozaimasen, Okyakusama..." She says quickly slipping into her native tongue from the stress. As she says the last word she quickly clasps her hands together almost in a begging motion and turns her head down towards the ground as if awaiting punishment.

(Katanese is almost exactly the same as our real life Japanese, so Narayan said I could use Japanese culture and language for reference if I want to. I thought it would be fun to show language differential in a game. If you know Katanese on your character, then: "Moushiwake gozaimasen, Okyakusama...", pretty much means: "I have no excuse, Sir...", or basically "I am very sorry, Sir..." If I use more Japanese in future posts I will make sure to let you guys know the translation in the OOC parenthesis like I am right now.)

rtcvb32
11-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Sauel enters last after Yorick, glad to be out of the streets, but he knew they wouldn't stay in the safety of the tannery or this forge area for long. Sauel's magic had been tapped nearly dry, and it seemed they still had things to do.

Immediately he could smell the fear coming inside the room as he entered, and the white female who stood out as though snow on the hill-sides. The lingering scent of her kitsune was present too, although not for very long.

Sauel walked to where he could undo his pack and unload the equipment he had been hauling, and knew he would be carrying almost none of it for the rest of the night, instead he made sure potions and healing kits were available as they would be the most useful, in the sewers he would probably be in wolf form nearly the entire time. But until then he didn't need to change.

He turned to give a closer look to Ekimo as she clasped her hands together in a gesture of forgiveness, regardless if he understood her or not. Her being present here meant she had about the same loyalty and devotion to Asher as Sauel did; True he didn't have time to put much devotion in him before he was beheaded only a few hours earlier.

Sauel approached the girl and went to a knee so he could see her eye to eye, and in his own eyes she would see a predator. He saw fear in her eyes, a hint of hope, acceptance, like omegas beaten in a pack by a mean Alpha, almost broken shells of what they were. She wasn't a lycan, well not that he could tell (Detect Were: 33). She didn't have the eyes of a predator. Finally he stood and patted her on the head like he would be trying to console a child. "I'm sorry to hear Ivar is dead, I'm sure it wasn't your fault. It's been a long night, one that isn't yet over."

Turning away from Ekimo he could see Rabi's attention perked, a little jealous at Ekimo getting attention while he wasn't. A sly playful grin on Sauel's face appeared and he gave his companion several strokes on his head and down his neck. "I haven't forgotten you Rabi, don't worry. Why don't you rest for a bit?" He would feel better if his companion wasn't in the thick of danger, but they would have to see.

"Unfortunately we can't stay long." Sauel looked to Wrusk "I see Cred is here, which is good. We need to venture into the sewers."

Daydreaming
11-16-2013, 11:23 PM
{Emiko backs up more to the wall as she sees the strange man come kneel before her. Kitsune whimpers as the man gets closer and she burrows and hides in Emiko's haori. Emiko looks annoyed as he pats her on the head.}

~Why is he staring at me like that?! Is he trying to read my thoughts? You stay away from my mind, stranger! Is that his wolf? He must be Tix's master... Did he just pat me on the head like a child?! Who does he think he is... touching me without permission... How am I supposed to sleep around these strange men? I am so tired... ugh.~

"Who are you three?!" She says, standing up and looking flustered from being patted on the head. "I know Cred from the inn... But who are all of you?" She gestures waving her had in their general direction. She stops her hand when it reaches the man that patted her head. "And you! Why do you look at me that way?! You are not allowed to touch me without my permission..." She growls in a fury. You see her hand glow light blue faintly as she speaks in outrage pointing at the man with the wolf. She eases up and it returns to her normal white skin again, as she puts her hand down and turns to the man that had asked about Ivar.

"I wish to help in your fight against these terrible enemies you have, but after what happened tonight we must take a short time to rest. I think we will not be much use if we are not at our strongest for these foes..." She turns and scowls at the man with the wolf. "I trust you can handle not touching me while I sleep? Or should I remove your hands now?" She sticks out her hand in a fist and it ignites with blue flames, as she makes her threat.

Riderpride
11-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Things had not gone entirely the way Arminas had hoped, though the information that Serryn had given him had at least brought him one step closer to reuniting him with his ally. ~It's been far too long, and these streets are crawling with city guard. I hope Palenrian is here...~

The elf continues to make his way through the streets, keeping himself close to the side streets and alleyways, using shadows to his advantage, to keep out of sight. He was already an outsider in many senses of the word, the last thing he needed here was to be thrown into a cell and interrogated about where he came from. Which is why he needed to find the Ranger.

After a lot of patience, and well-timed use of his stealth capabilities, Arminas finally happens upon the door to Wrusk's Tannery. ~Here's hoping...~

A quick, but deep breath, his hands rap on the door three times, and awaits his answer, keeping eyes on his left and right.

rtcvb32
11-17-2013, 02:27 AM
~First she begs for salvation or Mercy, then she gets annoyed when I touch her head?~ Sauel thought softly, not knowing her inner dialog but likely would have found it amusing if he had heard it. But it seemed they needed to come to an understanding. Although she apparently has some very 'touchy' issues.

"You'd accept death but you wouldn't accept a pat on the head? How curious of you." Sauel replies to her. Although the blue flames and her threat to remove his hands left him wondering if she could, and how much she knew about them. He could either stay silent, but she would know what they were sooner or later since they were in this group and it seemed sooner was a better idea.

"I would not touch you while you sleep, maybe curl up with, sleep; Certainly not in any sexual way unless you're offering" Sauel spoke his mind. The recent change and having chased guards, not to mention the full moon only two nights away still made the calling in him a little hungry, a little more savage, a little more blood thirsty. Unlike Purusartha he controlled his urges, and didn't let them get the best of him, that that didn't mean though he couldn't have a little fun. He felt his heart racing, the blood running to his head.

"Were you a pup I'd probably treat you differently, as family or pack, but you are not. You appeared to be prey to me, and I was wondering..." An evil grin for a moment broke on his face "if I should make a snack of you or your little pet..."

Sauel held up his own hand letting her see his exposed hand to his elbow, then he let the changes flow through him again. First there was the loud sound of bones cracking, shifting, the skin on his forearm and hand she could see moved unnaturally, on his face as well, the bridge of his nose, his eyes, everything was wrong. He wasn't turning to his normal wolf, no he wanted to see if she was afraid, to smell her fear and taste it like wine. "Tell me little girl.. Are you afraid of the dark?"

Sauel became larger as his body shifted unnaturally, and in only a few seconds he stood with a wolf head, and furry; He was in his hybrid form one he normally didn't take for several reasons, but it was so much easier let the change the closer to the full moon. He let her see it in his eyes, that he wasn't human, that his eyes held a hunger and it wasn't sexual, the beast in him wondered how her flesh would taste, her blood running over his tongue and down his face, reveling in the scent of fresh meat. However his eyes were in no way lost to blood-lust, there was control there, cool like a flowing river and not some starved berserking animal.

For a few long moments the room was silent, he even sensed the fear from the Keu, he promised not to hurt her and he would fulfill that promise, but there was the girl in front of him. "I promise not to bite, if you can do likewise... I'll even let you pet me" his voice came out as growls, and his ears flicking on his head.

Daydreaming
11-17-2013, 04:41 AM
~A strange wolf man... A garou... This explains everything..."

{She puts Kitsune on the floor and Kit runs over to sit with Achetii, where it's safer. Emiko unclasps her cloak and let's it drop to the floor, she let's her haori slide to the floor as well. You see her white skin shining out from the patches of bare flesh left exposed by her armor and clothing. Her long white wild hair tied into a loose bun on her head with some string. The tattooed outline of a red lotus stands out upon the snow white skin of her forehead.

She smiles and her body starts to glow a faint blue as you see a strange energy swirl around her. Her body returns to normal, then she quickly turns to the wall behind her and scurries up the hard flat surface, silky and agile, like a spider, even with nothing to grab on to. Before you realize what she's doing she is on the ceiling above looking down, almost effortlessly secured in her position.}

"A deception of weakness can be a disguise for the most powerful beings, garou... You of all creatures should know this" She smiles at him. "Besides, an apology is not the same as accepting a death sentence... and I am not prey" She quickly climbs back down the wall and stands in front of him.

"I apologize if I scared you little okami, but in my culture that gesture is inappropriate towards a woman, and similar to the treatment a woman might get when she is about to be raped or abused, like a mocking gesture. I have seen men do many terrible things to women during my life..." She says with her face melting into sorrow as she looks down at her hands.

"I am no little girl, and I wouldn't recommend getting too close to me..." Her hands burst into bright light blue flames almost white with the heat. She slowly raises her hands in front of her as they burn hot. "I know more about the darkness than you can imagine, garou. Everyone that has ever loved me has been turned to ashes in my hands..." The flames die down and her hands return to normal. "There are things much more frightening than the dark..." She says trailing off quietly, looking off at nothing, towards the floor.

"Tell me, garou, what is your name? I am Emiko, and my little friend... Her name is Kitsune." She gestures to Kit sitting by Achetii.

(Garou means hungry wolf, it's also used to mean werewolf. Okami just means wolf.)

rtcvb32
11-17-2013, 05:42 AM
More curious she wasn't scared or even intimidated, had he not been born this way climbing around on the walls to show her own powers could have just been an invitation to be attacked. It it seemed she had her own demons, and they were just as bad as his in different ways, specifically fire, and 'touch' could be in defense to keep from burning others, and she was as much a nightmare to the normal populous as he was.

In many ways this was good, and some small part of him hoped to see fear in her eyes, maybe just a little, perhaps for her to be in awe of him, or be inferior would have been good, the feeling of being alpha, in charge. But he was no bully, they were equals as of right now, and that was fine with him.

Sauel let the energy flow though him and relax as his body shifted much more gently and quietly than the first time around returning human, yet his eyes didn't quite look human and would take a little longer before being normal. "So she has teeth to bare; This is good. I mean no disrespect with my touch, rather being close is usually to comfort and protect."

"I am Sauel... and this is Rabi..." he stated giving Rabi a few strokes on the head. It was tempting to invite her into his bed, be it for comfort or pleasure, but her emotions were connected with her own curse, much like his was with his, but was much more like Yorick as she didn't control it properly yet. Maybe later.

Sauel turned away unbuckling his armor, adjusting it, making sure it fit right after so many changes tonight. Afterwards his attention moved to Purusartha, Wrusk and Cred, as they would probably be leaving within the hour, in the meantime he might eat something and help curb off the hunger making his blood feel hot from so many changes in such a short period of time.

Narayan
11-17-2013, 02:40 PM
"Unfortunately we can't stay long." Sauel looked to Wrusk "I see Cred is here, which is good. We need to venture into the sewers."

Wrusk: Coughs loudly trying to break the tension in the air. "What's this nonsense I hear about the sewers?! That's the undercity you're talking about! I'd hardly call that an improvement from the surface streets, even given what's happened tonight."

Purusartha: "Normally I'd agree with you old friend, but we don't have a choice. It's our best chance to rescue someone the Vulkyrie captured. And its not as if we'll be going down there blind. Stethasriss' daughter Thiara is setting us up with a guide. She should be contacting me soon with instructions."

Wrusk: "Thiara? Hmm that is interesting. People say she is a powerful mage in her own right who appears to care about the common people. I had no idea she was willing to get involved in a conspiracy against the Vul but that's good news. Well, I better get upstairs in case I need to answer the door." He says making his way back up the stairs slowly with the aid of his cane.

But before he reaches the top he turns around and speaks to all of you. "As you are all my guests here, I expect you will treat each other with respect and decency. This is a good place to rest and make plans, it is not a good place to loose control or start fighting!" He says eyeing Emiko and Sauel in particular. "If I see that sort of behavior again, you might wear out your welcome. Now please, stay calm and heed Purusartha. He's like a son to me and he'll be inheriting this place when I'm gone." Wrusk adds before stepping up and out of the cellar into his office.

__________________________________________________ __________

[A few minutes later...]


After a lot of patience, and well-timed use of his stealth capabilities, Arminas finally happens upon the door to Wrusk's Tannery. ~Here's hoping...~

A quick, but deep breath, his hands rap on the door three times, and awaits his answer, keeping eyes on his left and right.

After a minute, you try the knocker a second time and in response a pass through suddenly opens up within the door at eye level.

Wrusk: "Damnit I hear you!" A deep older voice exclaims."Who the hell are you?!" He asks peering through the pass through. You recognized this man to be a half-orc by a glimpse of his face , far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

(By nature, a half orc is detestable to elves like you, especially Elves from your world where Orcs are the dominant evil race. But here on Sion, Orcs are less numerous and far less powerful. You've encountered several half orcs in your travels here and you've quickly come to realize that people here do not hate them. That might not make it much easier for you to ignore your own opinions, but that is at least something to consider.)

[What do you do?]

Daydreaming
11-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Wrusk: Coughs loudly trying to break the tension in the air. "What's this nonsense I hear about the sewers?! That's the undercity you're talking about! I'd hardly call that an improvement from the surface streets, even given what's happened tonight."

Purusartha: "Normally I'd agree with you old friend, but we don't have a choice. It's our best chance to rescue someone the Vulkyrie captured. And its not as if we'll be going down there blind. Stethasriss' daughter Thiara is setting us up with a guide. She should be contacting me soon with instructions."

Wrusk: "Thiara? Hmm that is interesting. People say she is a powerful mage in her own right who appears to care about the common people. I had no idea she was willing to get involved in a conspiracy against the Vul but that's good news. Well, I better get upstairs in case I need to answer the door." He says making his way back up the stairs slowly with the aid of his cane.

But before he reaches the top he turns around and speaks to all of you. "As you are all my guests here, I expect you will treat each other with respect and decency. This is a good place to rest and make plans, it is not a good place to loose control or start fighting!" He says eyeing Emiko and Sauel in particular. "If I see that sort of behavior again, you might wear out your welcome. Now please, stay calm and heed Purusartha. He's like a son to me and he'll be inheriting this place when I'm gone." Wrusk adds before stepping up and out of the cellar into his office.

"I apologize, Wrusk-San..." She bows her head to Wrusk as he leaves to go upstairs.

{Emiko picks up her haori and cloak and puts them back on covering most of her face with her hood again. Kitsune runs over to her hopping around her legs wishing to be picked up. She picks up Kit and snuggles her against her face, as the little fox licks the tip of Emiko's nose.}

"You must be Purusartha?" She nods towards the man Wrusk had been talking to. "...And who are you quiet one?" She says looking at their quieter companion. "I assume both of you are garou as well, like your friend Sauel, here?"

{Kitsune looks at the other two next to Sauel, and turns her head to the side in a questioning manner.}

Narayan
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Purusartha: "Aye I am Purusartha..." He answers wearily. "My quiet friend here is Yorick. He's been through a lot tonight so he's not much for talking. Yes we are both werewolves, or whatever you prefer to call us in your tongue. I can see you are a warlock am I right? I recognize the look of your magic from before the Vulkyrie showed up. That's a neat trick climbing on the ceiling, I bet we could use that against the Vulkyrie."

"I am sad to hear about Ivar... he was a good man. Hot-headed and rather obstinate but he didn't deserve to die!" Puru says angrily. "But speaking of Half Dwarves..." He comments glancing at Cael. "That other fellow over there by the forge. He came with you?"

Tanarus
11-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Amaya: Listens attentively to Saeed as he speaks, pondering whether or not she could trust him with her name? However it was likely he already knew it from her mother so she answered. "My name is Amaya. Might I ask who they are?" She asks gesturing to Kelest and Zhen.

Narayan
11-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Saeed: "The exotic looking half-dragon lady from Caishia is Kelest, and her Rhat follower is Zhen. They've been living in the city for about a month now looking to open a temple of Zu. Such a temple would cater primarily to other Caishians living here in Masaeus, of which there are a few hundred I would guess."

"I have been negotiating with her about buying some property i own and helping her hire the help she needs to start construction. This temple of hers won't be public however, and there are some obvious legal issues involved with secret gatherings like that in this kingdom. The Vulfear consider it a threat."

"If you and Deidra would care to join us, I will introduce you?"

Riderpride
11-17-2013, 08:34 PM
[A few minutes later...]

After a minute, you try the knocker a second time and in response a pass through suddenly opens up within the door at eye level.

Wrusk: "Damnit I hear you!" A deep older voice exclaims."Who the hell are you?!" He asks peering through the pass through. You recognized this man to be a half-orc by a glimpse of his face , far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

(By nature, a half orc is detestable to elves like you, especially Elves from your world where Orcs are the dominant evil race. But here on Sion, Orcs are less numerous and far less powerful. You've encountered several half orcs in your travels here and you've quickly come to realize that people here do not hate them. That might not make it much easier for you to ignore your own opinions, but that is at least something to consider.)

[What do you do?]

The sight of the Half-Orc does throw Arminas off a bit, but, keeping his composure, he looks Wrusk straight in the eye to answer him. "I am Arminas Mithrandir. I've come at the direction of Serryn Whitetree, of the Sand Dragon Inn. I've been searching for a man, a Ranger by the name of Palenrian, an ally of mine. I was hoping that perhaps the owner of this establishment would know of his whereabouts."

Arminas keeps his eyes locked with Wrusk's, silently awaiting his response, quelling the thoughts of natural hatred going through his mind. ~Easy now, Arminas, you've come this far, and the orcs you've seen here are different from the ones back home, don't mess this up for yourself.~

Narayan
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
The sight of the Half-Orc does throw Arminas off a bit, but, keeping his composure, he looks Wrusk straight in the eye to answer him.

"I am Arminas Mithrandir. I've come at the direction of Serryn Whitetree, of the Sand Dragon Inn. I've been searching for a man, a Ranger by the name of Palenrian, an ally of mine. I was hoping that perhaps the owner of this establishment would know of his whereabouts."

Arminas keeps his eyes locked with Wrusk's, silently awaiting his response, quelling the thoughts of natural hatred going through his mind. ~Easy now, Arminas, you've come this far, and the orcs you've seen here are different from the ones back home, don't mess this up for yourself.~

Wrusk: "I am the owner of this tannery, but I never met this Palenrian you speak of? I know who Serryn is because I sometimes purchase leftover fat from his kitchens as I do from other Inns. But we've never spoke in person. I find it strange that he told you to come seek me out in regards to another man I never met? Is there anything else you can tell me to lead me to believe that you came to the right place?"

Daydreaming
11-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Purusartha: "Aye I am Purusartha..." He answers wearily. "My quiet friend here is Yorick. He's been through a lot tonight so he's not much for talking. Yes we are both werewolves, or whatever you prefer to call us in your tongue. I can see you are a warlock am I right? I recognize the look of your magic from before the Vulkyrie showed up. That's a neat trick climbing on the ceiling, I bet we could use that against the Vulkyrie."

"I am sad to hear about Ivar... he was a good man. Hot-headed and rather obstinate but he didn't deserve to die!" Puru says angrily. "But speaking of Half Dwarves..." He comments glancing at Cael. "That other fellow over there by the forge. He came with you?"


"War... lock? I do not know that word... My people called me a hiyasha a kind of yokai. Yokai is what you would call a 'dee mun' in the common tongue?" She speaks nervously, not knowing what they think of her.

"My sensei was a great onmyoji. He told me I am a hirei, born from the godai to protect the balance of nature." She says, confused by Purusartha knowing of others with her powers.

Emiko looks at Cael standing by the forge. "He is Cael from the Sand Dragon Inn. He helped me reach this place unharmed with Ivar's body."

( hiyasha = female fire demon; yokai = demon; onmyoji = specialist in magic and divination, a kind of priest; hirei = fire spirit; godai = the five elements in Japanese Buddhism. )

Riderpride
11-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Wrusk: "I am the owner of this tannery, but I never met this Palenrian you speak of? I know who Serryn is because I sometimes purchase leftover fat from his kitchens as I do from other Inns. But we've never spoke in person. I find it strange that he told you to come seek me out in regards to another man I never met? Is there anything else you can tell me to lead me to believe that you came to the right place?"

Arminas hesitates a moment, wondering whether or not he had actually found the right place. "I believe that Palenrian was recruited by a man by the name of Asher, though I understand that Asher had fallen recently, though some of his allies had returned to Sand Dragon Inn, where another had perished from his wounds. I believe two of Asher's allies had come here as well, a woman by the name of Emiko, and a half dwarf by the name of Cael."


The elf takes a deep breath, the toll of long travel and the anxiety of being in such a foreign place with no allies of his own to turn to, starting to surface upon his brow and on his face.

Narayan
11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
He closes the pass through and you hear the sound of a bolt being drawn before his heavy front door opens wide. Though he stands a bit stooped and leans on a cane, the old half orc still has the look of a warrior with the hint of some frightening pale scars cut across his leather'ed skin. His hair is light grey and thinning into high widows peaks above his temples, but he still wears it long tied behind his neck.

Wrusk is well dressed, clearly a half orc of unusual means and taste. His leathers are of the finest quality, supple and delicately embroidered. His fingers bare jeweled silver rings and his walking stick is actually carved from some giant unknown bone. He carries no obvious weapons beside a long bone-handled knife.

Wrusk: "Come in quickly! I am sorry to keep you on the doorstep like that, but one cannot be too careful on a night like this."

Riderpride
11-17-2013, 10:33 PM
He closes the pass through and you hear the sound of a bolt being drawn before his heavy front door opens wide. Though he stands a bit stooped and leans on a cane, the old half orc still has the look of a warrior with the hint of some frightening pale scars cut across his leather'ed skin. His hair is light grey and thinning into high widows peaks above his temples, but he still wears it long tied behind his neck.

Wrusk is well dressed, clearly a half orc of unusual means and taste. His leathers are of the finest quality, supple and delicately embroidered. His fingers bare jeweled silver rings and his walking stick is actually carved from some giant unknown bone. He carries no obvious weapons beside a long bone-handled knife.

Wrusk: "Come in quickly! I am sorry to keep you on the doorstep like that, but one cannot be too careful on a night like this."


Arminas nods and steps inside at the veteran half-orc's request. "You needn't apologize. I understand the need for being cautious around foreigners, it is in my nature as well, I'm just not used to being the foreign one. I much prefer the safety of the woods, where Nature's canopies may shelter me, cities make me a little...edgy." The elf's hands definitely seem to have a bit of a nervous shake to them, as he dusts himself off.

Looking back to the half-orc once more, the corners of his mouth crack a smile. "I assume then, that you are Wrusk, the owner? I had begun to fear that I might have picked the wrong tanner. I must thank you, for allowing me into your establishment. The road has been long, and tiresome for me, and I must repay you for your kindness."

{Arminas begins to dig for his pouch of gold, counting out 20 gold pieces}

Narayan
11-17-2013, 11:20 PM
"War... lock? I do not know that word... My people called me a hiyasha a kind of yokai. Yokai is what you would call a 'dee mun' in the common tongue?" She speaks nervously, not knowing what they think of her.

"My sensei was a great onmyoji. He told me I am a hirei, born from the godai to protect the balance of nature." She says, confused by Purusartha knowing of others with her powers.

Emiko looks at Cael standing by the forge. "He is Cael from the Sand Dragon Inn. He helped me reach this place unharmed with Ivar's body."

Purusartha: "Ah, well good of him to help you. I'm sorry we got separated, it was too dangerous to double-back to collect you and Ivar after the battle. Fortunately Thiara provided a much needed invisibility spell. Otherwise, I dunno if we'd have made it back this quickly."

"I want to go and thank him personally, excuse me..." Purusartha says heading over to the forge. Before he crosses the room however he stops and smiles at Achetii.

"Achetii! How are you feeling? I trust your wait down here wasn't too uncomfortable?"

Achetii: "I'm good Purusartha, thanks for your concern. I feel much better now that I met Emiko and these others. Honestly I feel empowered to be of some help."

Purusartha:"Great! I'm happy to hear of this change of heart. We'll talk more but let me go introduce myself to Cael please excuse me." Purusartha says stepping over to the forge. "Hello! Cael is it?"

Cael: "That's right." The half dwarf says regarding Purusartha appraisingly.

Purusartha: "I just wanted to thank you for helping Emiko find her way here. Is there anyway I can repay you?"

Cael: "You could let me help rescue Palenrian, that'd be one thing."

Purusartha: "Certainly! Clearly you must be a warrior, I'm sure that axe of yours can contribute to his rescue."

Cael: "Good. Palenrian is one of the finest men I ever met, Serryn thought of him like a brother. He deserves a better fate then what the Vulkyrie have in mind for him."

Purusartha: "I couldn't agree more! No one deserves that."

Cael: Adds in a lower voice so as not to be overheard by Emiko. "But, I'm not sure I'm completely on board with this cause. Seems to me you've got no idea what you're dealing with. I didn't witness the battle that killed Asher but the Vulkyrie obviously have magic and monsters at their disposal that should make us rightly tremble!"

"Emiko was nearly dead from fright when she came back to the Inn. Her terror was something awful to behold. I never want to see that look on her face again, I brought her here trying to shelter her but now I fear that hasn't saved her at all. She may face much worse in time to come, you all might if you stay on this path."

"I may have just met Emiko, but I've already learned to care for her and I won't be a party to placing her in danger for you or anyone else."

Purusartha: Frowns "I understand. But I never ordered her to take part in that battle. Everyone here came from their own free will, including you Cael."

Cael: "There's a big difference between us and Emiko, Purusartha. We're men, warriors grown, as is Palenrian. We are strong enough to make our own choices and fight our own battles. Emiko is just a girl, possessed with great powers yes, but still fragile. She has a past that haunts her and a fight-or-flight instinct as taught as a bowstring. You saw her reaction to your were-friends advances, who's to say she can really control herself?"

Purusartha: Nods. "I agree she seems unpredictable, but I just met her. Besides, It's unfair to blame me for whatever happens to any of us. I may be your leader but I am not one to hang back and give orders from the rear. I'm the first to stand and fight and the last to retreat!"

Cael: "Don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to cast blame on anyone for an uncertain fate. I'm sure we are all aware of the risks. But I'll be watching you as much as I'll be watching over her and I won't hesitate if I feel the need to leave and convince her to do the same."

Purusartha: "Fair enough. But please give us all a chance to prove ourselves worthy of your trust." Purusartha says extending his arm for a warriors grasp.

Cael: "Of course." He answers gripping Purusartha's arm in a gesture of mutual respect.

Tanarus
11-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Saeed: "The exotic looking half-dragon lady from Caishia is Kelest, and her Rhat follower is Zhen. They've been living in the city for about a month now looking to open a temple of Zu. Such a temple would cater primarily to other Caishians living here in Masaeus, of which there are a few hundred I would guess."

"I have been negotiating with her about buying some property i own and helping her hire the help she needs to start construction. This temple of hers won't be public however, and there are some obvious legal issues involved with secret gatherings like that in this kingdom. The Vulfear consider it a threat."

"If you and Deidra would care to join us, I will introduce you?"

Amaya: Amaya looked at saeed as he proposed that they join them and he would introduce them. She didn't know what his term of join meant in this situation, did he mean join the cause, the temple, or just join them at the table for conversation. Amaya was a little confused as she looked at him. Finally she just asked. "What do you mean by "join you"" Amaya asked him.

rtcvb32
11-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Sauel held back a chuckle. Cael very much wanted to baby the girl, and as a male of decent heart that was an automatic inclination. But she refused to be afraid of a were that changed right in front of her, the sounds of bones snapping would have unnerved any normal person. Inexperienced but she could hold her own he was certain. ~Warlock...~ he ran the word over in his head. She seemed like she accepted she was possessed rather than having a gift, to control flames and throw them at will. If only he could be so lucky as to have something so simple to control, true a fit of rage could burn the building around you to ashes, but for a were who loses himself it would mean everyone likely inside of a hundred feet or a night's of rampaging could be dead, or worse.

~You are lucky you didn't see it; It was disturbing, a lot more terrifying than I am, I only got a glimpse of it~ Sauel thought, tempted to say it aloud but he didn't want to get any further attention to himself just yet. They weren't playing 'who can be the more terrifying monster', they could play that game a little later when it was appropriate, truthfully most of them were unnatural so far: Wrusk, Achetii and Cael being the most 'normal'.

Narayan
11-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Arminas nods and steps inside at the veteran half-orc's request. "You needn't apologize. I understand the need for being cautious around foreigners, it is in my nature as well, I'm just not used to being the foreign one. I much prefer the safety of the woods, where Nature's canopies may shelter me, cities make me a little...edgy." The elf's hands definitely seem to have a bit of a nervous shake to them, as he dusts himself off.

Looking back to the half-orc once more, the corners of his mouth crack a smile. "I assume then, that you are Wrusk, the owner? I had begun to fear that I might have picked the wrong tanner. I must thank you, for allowing me into your establishment. The road has been long, and tiresome for me, and I must repay you for your kindness."

{Arminas begins to dig for his pouch of gold, counting out 20 gold pieces}

Wrusk: "Don't be ridiculous! That won't be necessary." He says waving away your coins. "In my youth I was a ranger too so I recognize the type. I could probably still give you a good lesson with that bow as a matter of fact!" He chuckles.

"Please come in, but be warned about the monkey. He hates strangers and there's been a few too many for his liking passing through my door recently." Wrusk says leading you through the foyer into a large furnished living room warmed by a hearth.

His home is rather well decorated, though clearly to a warriors taste. Lots of old weapons and armor are hung on display. He must have been a hunter too apparently, as a variety of skulls and animal hides are hung about. There are some ancient and exotic-looking ornamental objects arranged as well indicating he spent a great many years abroad as a collector.

There are four chairs arranged before the fire and a low-table in a semi circle. You seem to be alone in the room besides a small monkey sitting atop one of the chairs who shrieks at you baring its fangs.

Wrusk: "Shut up monkey!" He says rapping his cane against the floor boards for emphasis. "Sorry, follow me."

(Just FYI, It's unlikely you've ever seen a monkey before. On your homeworld jungles only exist on a distant continent called Haj. Your home forest in the kingdom of Acamea on the continent of Aeolis is primarily cold and temperate in climate.)

He leads you through a kitchen, down a hall and through another door into a back office/storage room. There are windows here, looking out into the tannery works themselves. You can glimpse the main entrance in the fence past racks of curing hides and vats of rendering fat.

Wrusk: "I can't really explain anything regarding Palenrian to you, but I can introduce you to others who can. They are hiding from the Vulkyrie in my hidden cellar as we speak. Lets go below..." He says revealing a secret door behind a tall wall cabinet that opens to a stairwell.

Down in the cellar the air is old and damp. It is a large, square chamber about 50 ft on a side, with several heavy wooden posts holding up the floor twelve feet above. There is a large forge and kiln in one corner, with work tables piled with old hammers and tools wrapped in oiled rags to prevent rust, along with two anvils, one large and one small. That corner of the cellar could easily serve as a smithy.

Another corner serves as a living area with two tables, an oven and an iron stove. Cabinets there hold lots of pottery, cups and cutlery, but nothing edible. Some bread, water, ale, wine, jerky and cheese are laid on one table. The rest of the cellar is largely empty, with some old crates and barrels stacked about containing old armor and weapons. Another corner has a huge stack of firewood, enough to run the forge, cook meals and warm the cellar for an entire year. Much of it is covered with layers of spiderwebs and carries the scent of mold.

A very eclectic gathering of people can be seen below... including two well-tanned Akhenaten men that are clearly outdoorsy types like yourself, a burly looking nordic warrior, a young albino woman with a small white fox, a half dwarf, a kobold, and a feathered avian humanoid of small stature (that you'd guess was a female) petting a rather large golden eagle. Speaking of animal companions you also notice a rather tame-looking wolf perk its ears up at your arrival.

Wrusk announces you to the whole room from the stairwell. "Look who I found on the doorstep just now... a wayward wood elf sent over by Serryn Whitetree of The Sand Dragon Inn. He says he's looking for Palenrian? Now please is there anyone else I should expect to show up? This cellar can't fit many more of you..." He gripes goodnaturedly.

Narayan
11-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Amaya looked at saeed as he proposed that they join them and he would introduce them. She didn't know what his term of join meant in this situation, did he mean join the cause, the temple, or just join them at the table for conversation. Amaya was a little confused as she looked at him. Finally she just asked. "What do you mean by "join you"" Amaya asked him.

Saeed: Chuckles. "I mean join us for drinks. Un-poisoned drinks thanks to you!" He says. "Having my life saved has put me in a generous mood. Deidra, you're an acquaintance of Amaya aren't you? Move over and let me treat you as well." He says waving her over.

Keelest: Stares at you both a bit confused finally piping up. "Who is that with you Saeed? Is there something we need to worry about?"

Saeed: "Quite the contrary. The need to worry has passed thanks to this brave young lady." He says gesturing at Amaya.

voidoblivion
11-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Cred listens and watches all the new arrivals. At the mention of the Under city he just nods they were running out of time. We need to get to this location in the undercity and deal with the rat so we can have the help we need to save our friend. Once we have a safe haven in the undercity, I will need one other person at most for the rescue.

Riderpride
11-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Arminas follows Wrusk into his home eagerly, taking in the sights of the decor and motif. The screeching monkey, however, nearly makes Arminas jump out of his trailboots, and reflexively reaches for his bow. The longbow, however, doesn't make it off of his shoulders, as Wrusk scolds the primate. ~So that's a monkey. Hmph. A howl like that would likely have it devoured by predators within the minute. Curious that one would even consider having one as a pet.~

As the veteran half-orc continues to lead him through his rather sizable home and business, Arminas makes another mental note about the mention of these Vulkyrie. ~These potential allies seem to dislike the Vulkyrie. Perhaps this could be advantageous to my cause.~

Finally, the pair reach the area where the others had been holed up. As Wrusk introduces him, Arminas steps forward, taking a look at each of the members individually. To the group, they are introduced to a slender elf, not overly tall at 5'8". His frame doesn't show much in the way of muscle tone, but his skin tone is fairly tanned, a sign of being weathered, and quite obvious that he spends most, if not all of his time outdoors. His face remains stern, however, the brown hair tied back in a simple ponytail, and green eyes studying each of the humanoids intently. The edginess is still apparent, however, his hands still a little on the shaky side, and encountering that monkey earlier didn't really help to calm his nerves down.

Tanarus
11-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Saeed: Chuckles. "I mean join us for drinks. Un-poisoned drinks thanks to you!" He says. "Having my life saved has put me in a generous mood. Deidra, you're an acquaintance of Amaya aren't you? Move over and let me treat you as well." He says waving her over.

Keelest: Stares at you both a bit confused finally piping up. "Who is that with you Saeed? Is there something we need to worry about?"

Saeed: "Quite the contrary. The need to worry has passed thanks to this brave young lady." He says gesturing at Amaya.


Amaya: Amaya sat across from Keelest with her hands in her lap. Hearing Saeed answer Keelest, saying there was nothing to worry about thanx to her, Amaya blushed slightly. "I did nothing but say what i heard" Amaya said softly avoiding eye contact with anyone for the time being as many thoughts passed through her mind.

Narayan
11-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Arminas follows Wrusk into his home eagerly, taking in the sights of the decor and motif. The screeching monkey, however, nearly makes Arminas jump out of his trailboots, and reflexively reaches for his bow. The longbow, however, doesn't make it off of his shoulders, as Wrusk scolds the primate. ~So that's a monkey. Hmph. A howl like that would likely have it devoured by predators within the minute. Curious that one would even consider having one as a pet.~

As the veteran half-orc continues to lead him through his rather sizable home and business, Arminas makes another mental note about the mention of these Vulkyrie. ~These potential allies seem to dislike the Vulkyrie. Perhaps this could be advantageous to my cause.~

Finally, the pair reach the area where the others had been holed up. As Wrusk introduces him, Arminas steps forward, taking a look at each of the members individually. To the group, they are introduced to a slender elf, not overly tall at 5'8". His frame doesn't show much in the way of muscle tone, but his skin tone is fairly tanned, a sign of being weathered, and quite obvious that he spends most, if not all of his time outdoors. His face remains stern, however, the brown hair tied back in a simple ponytail, and green eyes studying each of the humanoids intently. The edginess is still apparent, however, his hands still a little on the shaky side, and encountering that monkey earlier didn't really help to calm his nerves down.

Purusartha: Looks toward the stranger with obvious surprise before asking Cael. "Is this another person Asher recruited for us?"

Cael: "No I never saw him before. He wasn't at the Inn when Asher arrived that's for sure. But after Emiko told me where we were headed I mentioned it to one of Serryn's daughters in the stables while I was collecting the mule for our cart. She must've told Serryn who is no ones fool. He met with Asher and Palenrian together privately so I'm sure he's well aware of many things. He may have known where this safehouse was before I told him, I can't say... I apologize if that was a breach of confidence?"

Purusartha: Shrugs. "It can't be helped I suppose. It explains how this fellow knew where to find us at least."

Purusartha steps to the front of the group at the bottom of the stairwell and mutters a quick apology to Wrusk. "I'm sorry old friend, none of us expected more arrivals." Puru then turns to meet eyes with Arminas.

Arminas, you notice Puru's eyes are a bit strange to behold, one being brown, the other blue. Purusartha stands a couple inches short of 6' in sandals with the look of an old hermit. His graying hair is long and unkempt hanging thick with long bangs. He also wears a beard. His skin is leathery and darkly tanned. He wears tattered desert garb, torn and shredded from years living among rocks and thorny shrubs, soiled with fresh bloodstains from recent battles. He carries a longbow, a short sword and a dagger.

"I am Purusartha, the leader of this group. As you can see, Palenrian is not among us but I know where he can be found. There's no easy way to say this, so I will just be frank with you. He was captured by the Vulkyrie, caught in an ambush alongside us in the streets earlier this evening. To be specific, he was turned to stone by an infamous Vulkyrie Mage known as Vuldraig."

"We believe they will reverse their spell and take him back to their headquarters so they can interrogate him before his public execution at first light tomorrow. We intend to rescue him and we have a plan in motion."

Riderpride
11-18-2013, 11:24 PM
A look of exasperation befalls Arminas' face as Purusartha explains the situation. Looking down at his feet a moment, his eyes come back up to meet Purusartha's, exasperation replaced by determination. "Then I must join you in this rescue operation. Palenrian is a close and valuable ally to me. When we came to Akhenaten, we had split up a few months ago, in order to cover more ground to find information on a rather unique situation that we were put in. I had learned he had come here to Masaeus, and thus my arrival here. His death would mean a huge blow for both of our kinsmen back home, I cannot stand by and allow this to happen!"

His once shaky hands have since balled up into fists, the edginess once causing his shakiness has since transformed into a calm focus. "What is your plan?"

Windstar
11-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Saeed: Chuckles. "I mean join us for drinks. Un-poisoned drinks thanks to you!" He says. "Having my life saved has put me in a generous mood. Deidra, you're an acquaintance of Amaya aren't you? Move over and let me treat you as well." He says waving her over.

Keelest: Stares at you both a bit confused finally piping up. "Who is that with you Saeed? Is there something we need to worry about?"

Saeed: "Quite the contrary. The need to worry has passed thanks to this brave young lady." He says gesturing at Amaya.


Deidra changes tables purposely sitting where she could an eye on the "Dragon" Lady, "Thank you sir, I'll just have a water though"

rtcvb32
11-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Crdechzkragar: "I will need one other person at most for the rescue."



Arminas Mithrandir: "Then I must join you in this rescue operation."

"So tell me my new friend..." Sauel speaks softly to Cred the kobold, picking up something to sate his own hungers for the moment from the table. "With our newest arrival, who is going, and who is not?"

It wasn't intended to be fully serious, however deadline in time as well as needing only a couple people, plus depending on the cramped quarters and access in the sewers than having a large party to save a single person (and potentially his family friends and other unrelated groups) it was only obvious a large group would be cumbersome.

Sauel himself was tired and store and still felt weak from being poisoned earlier from wererat blades, however he was ready to risk life and limb to save Palenrian a man he had never met from a fate worse than death. Sauel hoped if his own fortune turned rotten someone would come and save Sauel, be they were or not.

Sauel had little doubts eventually he would be caught for being a lycanthrope, it was just a matter of time while in the city.

Narayan
11-19-2013, 01:14 AM
A look of exasperation befalls Arminas' face as Purusartha explains the situation. Looking down at his feet a moment, his eyes come back up to meet Purusartha's, exasperation replaced by determination."Then I must join you in this rescue operation. Palenrian is a close and valuable ally to me. When we came to Akhenaten, we had split up a few months ago, in order to cover more ground to find information on a rather unique situation that we were put in. I had learned he had come here to Masaeus, and thus my arrival here. His death would mean a huge blow for both of our kinsmen back home, I cannot stand by and allow this to happen!"

His once shaky hands have since balled up into fists, the edginess once causing his shakiness has since transformed into a calm focus. "What is your plan?"

Purusartha: "The Vulkyrie headquarters is an impregnable fortress. Attempting to infiltrate it above ground would be suicide. But there may be a weakness in its design, the same flaw shared by the whole city. It was built atop a maze of caverns that we call the undercity nowadays."

"It's a known fact that the city sewers might as well be connecting tunnels to the undercity. But ever since King Kyser has ruled below, city guards never dare to patrol them. That is the domain of the wererats now, and if the stories are true it gets more dangerous the lower you go."

"If there is a weakness in the security of the Vulkyrie headquarters, it would be from beneath. And if anyone knew how to find it, it would be an infamous and very talented smuggler known simply as 'Ghost' who dwells down there."

"Our plan is to hire Ghost to find a way for us to get inside and rescue Palenrian. Someone I know is trying to make the arrangements for us as we speak. She'll contact me through means of a sending stone. In the meantime, we must prepare for a dangerous foray below ground where no one can guarantee our safety except perhaps King Kyser himself. And I doubt very much that he will for the likes of us."

Narayan
11-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Amaya sat across from Keelest with her hands in her lap. Hearing Saeed answer Keelest, saying there was nothing to worry about thanx to her, Amaya blushed slightly. "I did nothing but say what i heard" Amaya said softly avoiding eye contact with anyone for the time being as many thoughts passed through her mind.


Deidra changes tables purposely sitting where she could an eye on the "Dragon" Lady, "Thank you sir, I'll just have a water though"

The tablemaid brings the drinks for Saeed, Kelest and Zhen and since she just heard what Deidra wants she also asks if she can bring back anything for Amaya?

Saeed: "Well speaking up for the sake of total strangers against the likes of those thugs is a brave thing to do in this city. Lucky for you I am a rather powerful underworld figure in my own right, so I can assure your protection if you stay close to me for as long as you need. It's the least I can do."

Kelest: "Excuse me I don't understand? What is all the fuss about those two men?" The half-dragon lady inquires a bit disgruntled.

Saeed: Takes a sip of his wine. "Forgive me Kelest, I didn't mean for our meeting to go this way... but I feel obliged to make these two ladies welcome in our company. This one (He says gesuring to Amaya) warned me that those two fellows were planning to poison our wine! Kasha has apparently decided to put an end to your venture and your life, and by extension me as well!"

Kelest: Glares angrily. "The nerve of that *****! Who is she to put herself against a priestess of Zu?! Back home she would be harshly punished for even whispering an ill word towards me."

Saeed: "Much a pity for us that we are not in Caishia." He laughs.

Kelest: "Well what are you going to do about her then?"

Saeed: Shrugs. "Stay on my guard. It's not my intention to start a war with her cult, and by extension her race. Nor should you for that matter... I can assure you that would be hopeless. Kasha is bold for a reason, she has very powerful friends."

Kelest: "You're referring to King Kyser I suppose? I have heard his named whispered in fearful awe many times since I've arrived. But if what you hint at is true and there is a massive nest of wererats below ready to destroy us all why do they delay?"

Saeed: "You'd have to ask them, all I know are theories. But seems to me the most obvious answer is once they rise to the surface they give away their advantage... the Vulkyrie rule all they see beneath the skies here. Take a look around... this crowd of frightened people aren't gaping upwards fearfully because it will soon be a full moon..." He laughs drinking more deply of his wine. "I wouldn't bet a copper on King Kyser winning a war against the Vulkyrie on these surface streets."

Kelest: Sips her wine as though it is more to her taste than Saeeds words.

Zhen: Looks to Amaya and smiles in the fashion of her race. "I am very glad you spoke up for our sake! Thank you!" She says turning to stare at Deidra for a moment before shyly asking. "Excuse me miss... where do you come from? You look very strong and fierce for someone even smaller than me... No offense of course!"

voidoblivion
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
"So tell me my new friend..." Sauel speaks softly to Cred the kobold, picking up something to sate his own hungers for the moment from the table. "With our newest arrival, who is going, and who is not?"

once we have a secure location in the undercity, myself and two others will enter fromt he sewers into the chamber that they have our friend in. From there through the power of Userrwroth's blessing, we will return to the predesignated location in the undercity, with our friend. but we need to dot his soon, before they begin to try and rip information from his mind. Says the small kolbold. He looks to Sauel. Whom ever is of full strength should bet he one to come with me, if you are ready then i would welcome you at my side.

rtcvb32
11-19-2013, 05:09 PM
"Full strength..." Sauel whispers thinking it over. He knew he wasn't at full strength, plus he would be better prepared after a night's rest and magic on his side. "I am neither ready nor am I at full strength, but I would still go the moment you say you're ready. But I'll understand if you don't take me."

Sauel glanced at his other companions. The keu was unlikely to go with them, her skills if she was protected might come in useful. Yorick seemed to be doing better and was probably a little better off than Sauel, at least once all his wounds healed. Purusartha was probably the strongest among them right now in terms of raw strength and experience. But then there was the new arrival, who was probably the most refreshed of them all, assuming he was on their side and he could only assume his presence here meant he was. ~Maybe a mercenary, or archer? Doesn't look like a soldier or Hunter. Ranger?~

As Sauel's hunger was being sated on the food-stuffs on the table the anxiety and unspent energy he displayed to Emiko dissipated like evaporating water leaving him calm.

Riderpride
11-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Purusartha: "The Vulkyrie headquarters is an impregnable fortress. Attempting to infiltrate it above ground would be suicide. But there may be a weakness in its design, the same flaw shared by the whole city. It was built atop a maze of caverns that we call the undercity nowadays."

"It's a known fact that the city sewers might as well be connecting tunnels to the undercity. But ever since King Kyser has ruled below, city guards never dare to patrol them. That is the domain of the wererats now, and if the stories are true it gets more dangerous the lower you go."

"If there is a weakness in the security of the Vulkyrie headquarters, it would be from beneath. And if anyone knew how to find it, it would be an infamous and very talented smuggler known simply as 'Ghost' who dwells down there."

"Our plan is to hire Ghost to find a way for us to get inside and rescue Palenrian. Someone I know is trying to make the arrangements for us as we speak. She'll contact me through means of a sending stone. In the meantime, we must prepare for a dangerous foray below ground where no one can guarantee our safety except perhaps King Kyser himself. And I doubt very much that he will for the likes of us."

Arminas listens intently, as Purusartha explains the plan. "Although my skills are more suitable to natural environments, if traversing the undercity is required, then my eyes will be valuable to you. I do not require sources of light in order to see greater distances. I am also an advanced tracker, trained in the ways of stealth, and an expert shot with the bow. I do have some expertise as a field medic as well, and have supplies such as poultices, salves and herbs to deal with minor wounds, burns, and other such injuries. Although I have a touch of the divinity as well, it is very minor, at best, for the time being. Normally, I would have my avian companion with me, but I left him to forage on his own outside of the city walls, for fear that the Vulkyrie would attempt to ground him."

Arminas' demeanor shifts more into one anxious and ready to take on an army by himself, and willing to do anything that would reunite him with his most trusted ally.

Daydreaming
11-19-2013, 09:13 PM
once we have a secure location in the undercity, myself and two others will enter fromt he sewers into the chamber that they have our friend in. From there through the power of Userrwroth's blessing, we will return to the predesignated location in the undercity, with our friend. but we need to dot his soon, before they begin to try and rip information from his mind. Says the small kolbold. He looks to Sauel. Whom ever is of full strength should bet he one to come with me, if you are ready then i would welcome you at my side.

~None of them can climb like I can... and I can roast those Vulkyrie like common chickens... This man is strange... He reminds me of a creature I've come across before in my travels and books. Those ears... He must be a yousei, he also seems to be the best person to accompany us on this task, if what he says is true...~

"This yousei would be a wise choice for our rescue group it seems." She speaks up to the others, feeling empowered. "The other, more obvious choice, would be me... I am trained in stealth, and I have the power to climb any surface as a spider would... I can't be tracked either... Not to mention my other powers..." She says with a mischievous smile.

{Emiko let's Kitsune down on to the floor. Kit runs over to the elf wagging her tail, looking as if she wants to play with him. Emiko looks embarrassed by Kit's behavior.}

"I apologize for Kit's behavior... You are a strange creature to her... she finds you interesting..." She says shyly to the elf. "What did you say your name is, yousei?"

{Emiko pushes back her hood so the elf can see her face and hair. She beckons for Kit to leave the elf alone and return to her side.}

( yousei = fairy, another word for elf or pixie. )

Riderpride
11-19-2013, 09:33 PM
~None of them can climb like I can... and I can roast those Vulkyrie like common chickens... This man is strange... He reminds me of a creature I've come across before in my travels and books. Those ears... He must be a yousei, he also seems to be the best person to accompany us on this task, if what he says is true...~

"This yousei would be a wise choice for our rescue group it seems." She speaks up to the others, feeling empowered. "The other, more obvious choice, would be me... I am trained in stealth, and I have the power to climb any surface as a spider would... I can't be tracked either... Not to mention my other powers..." She says with a mischievous smile.

{Emiko let's Kitsune down on to the floor. Kit runs over to the elf wagging her tail, looking as if she wants to play with him. Emiko looks embarrassed by Kit's behavior.}

"I apologize for Kit's behavior... You are a strange creature to her... she finds you interesting..." She says shyly to the elf. "What did you say your name is, yousei?"

{Emiko pushes back her hood so the elf can see her face and hair. She beckons for Kit to leave the elf alone and return to her side.}

( yousei = fairy, another word for elf or pixie. )

Arminas looks back at the blanched human, his voice hesitant to follow his open mouth as the sight of whiteness fills his retinas. "My apologies, my lady. I am Arminas Mithrandir. And please, do not apologize for your companion's curiosity. I have lived most of my life as a Strider, defending the forests of my home with bow and blade alike, many of the natural fauna of the forests do not show any fear in my presence, they understand my affinity for the trees, and my compassion towards animalkind. Your companion, I am familiar with the fox, but I don't believe I have encountered such a fascinating breed." Arminas offers a warm smile to Kit, but decides it may be best to let Kit sniff him out on its own terms, rather than push the issue and risk angering the fox too early.

"Alas, my lady, you now have me at a disadvantage, might I know your name as well?"

Daydreaming
11-19-2013, 11:18 PM
"My name is Emiko... I am a creature of the snow, forests, and mountains, maybe my home... it is like your home, but much colder? Animals tend to match their surroundings to survive I have noticed... Maybe..." She trails off in personal thoughts, embarrassed to continue out loud.

~Maybe... Maybe that's why I am the color of the snow... To survive... Creatures in nature adapt to survive... A thought for my writings later perhaps...~

Riderpride
11-20-2013, 06:40 AM
"My name is Emiko... I am a creature of the snow, forests, and mountains, maybe my home... it is like your home, but much colder? Animals tend to match their surroundings to survive I have noticed... Maybe..." She trails off in personal thoughts, embarrassed to continue out loud.

~Maybe... Maybe that's why I am the color of the snow... To survive... Creatures in nature adapt to survive... A thought for my writings later perhaps...~

"Well-met, Emiko. My homelands do have their northern tundras and snow-capped mountains as well. Though I do tend to stick primarily to the warmer climates, I am no stranger to the cold snaps of winter. There aren't as many who inhabit the north, but those that do, have survived there for millenia, adapting to nature's harsh judgment. The creatures that inhabit the north though, many of then extremely dangerous. Ice trolls, tundra ettin, arctic dire wolves, snow leopards, ice wraiths, to name a few. I've rarely encountered any of these beasts, but those that did were aggressive, and difficult to dispatch. But you would be correct in the observation, on how those creatures match their surroundings. I, myself, have adapted to my home surroundings, living from nature's bounties, in return for her safekeeping. Though I have been finding it difficult to adapt to my new surroundings here, such things will come in due time." The elf looks back to Purusartha, for any sign that his associate had made contact with him.

Narayan
11-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Purusartha: "Well met Arminas, your help in this effort would be much appreciated. Please allow me to familiarize you with the others here. That druid with the wolf companion is Sauel, the big fair-haired gladiator is Yorick, the feathered Keu with the sun eagle companion is Achetii."

"We call the Kobold Cred for short because his real name is much harder to pronounce. And lastly the warrior half dwarf is Cael. There was another half dwarf with us named Ivar, but he died from wounds inflicted in battle earlier this evening. Prince Asher of course was also killed, I don't know if Serryn knew enough to mention him to you?"

"...And just so there's no surprises, you should know that Sauel, Yorick and I are werewolves. I hope that isn't too much of a shock? I have no idea how familiar you might be with lycanthropes, but we are not usually the savage, bloodthirsty killers people fear us to be."

"It can happen that we loose control of ourselves, but for natural-born were's like Yorick and Sauel it's unlikely. Afflicted were's like myself must learn to assert dominance over the beast within us. But have no fear, I am only interested in killing wererats and vulkyrie!"

"Now if you don't mind me asking, how do you know Palenrian? I don't know much about him as a matter of fact, I never had a chance to speak with him before the battle, only Cred and Emiko may have. But rest assured we will do our best to save him!"

Riderpride
11-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Arminas' eyebrows raise in shock as Purusartha mentions matter of factly, that the trio of them are lycans. "I...uh no..no, well. Yes, it is a bit of a shock. Lycans were more of a thing of legend and tall tales. The closest I've come to anything Lycan, are distant bloodlines, called Shifters. They number very few in my homelands, and do not possess the ability to fully shapeshift, but still carry some of their speed and power in their lineage."

He takes a deep breath, as he inquires about the link between himself and Palenrian. "The story is quite a long one, but I will try and recant the abridged version. If I seem out of place in this world, it's because I am. Palenrian and I are not of this realm, we were teleported here via a broken spell or ritual that had been cast by my evil counterparts, the Mori'Quessir, or in the common tongue, the Drow or Dark Elves. They had launched an attack upon our adjacent homelands, and Palenrian and I quickly became allies to defend against the attacks. But once the spell had been cast, we both found ourselves here, in Akhenaten. We separated about 3 months ago while we attempted to find information on how to get back to our own homelands again. I had a bit of luck finding information, but could not get a solid lead on how to get back safely, without endangering the peoples of this nation as well. I eventually learned that Palenrian had made his way here, to Masaeus, and that's when I learned of his fate, along with some allies of his, including Asher and Ivar, Sehanine rest them. And as such, I am here now, in search of him. So you may now begin to understand why his rescue is of great importance to myself, as the both of us currently do not know what fate has befallen our own world, with the attacks from the Mori'Quessir."

He looks to the others with a bit of hope in his eyes, as the others are introduced, assumedly they are part of this whole rescue operation. "Well met, all of you. If it wasn't already obvious, I am a Ranger, or a Strider as some have called me before. I used to belong to a clan of Taur'Quessir, Wood Elves, before they were decimated by these Mori'Quessir. I have since learned tactics on tracking and hunting them, as did Palenrian. Both of us share a mutual hatred for them, which is more or less how our alliance and friendship came to be."

Daydreaming
11-21-2013, 02:33 AM
"I am sorry Arminas, but I don't think Cred and I ever had a chance to meet Palenrian." She says trying to be helpful. "The only time we saw him was when we were helping the others in the fight that occurred in the street earlier. I did not even know his name until you and the others spoke of him just now..." She looks around at the others, noticing that no one commented on her suggestions for the rescue plan.

"I will wait by the stove until all of you decide who will be going for the rescue plan. You've already heard my opinion on the matter..." She says addressing the rest of the group.

~Even in this land women don't seem to be heard unless they are showing off their breasts... I may as well take this time to calm myself and rest in some sort of way... Leave that yousei alone Kit, maybe he will turn you into a toad... Have some meat with me.~

{Emiko grabs a piece of jerky from the table and rips it in half. She gives one piece to Kitsune and quickly eats the other. Emiko grabs her book and writing utensils from her pack she left up against the wall. She sits cross-legged on the floor in front of the burning stove, facing the stove with her back turned to the others. She begins to write strange symbols in her book (Katanese writing, which looks like our Japanese calligraphy). While she writes she begins to softly sing a song in her native tongue. Kitsune sits next to her, chewing on her bit of jerky and watching the others in the room, curiously.}

Narayan
11-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Purusartha: Nods with interest at Arminas' words. "That is a sad tale Arminas. Things are bad here, but this is my home. I'm glad I have the chance to fight for it and help those I care for. I can't imagine how horrid it would feel to be denied that opportunity. Which being said, makes it very good of you to help, being that we are complete strangers in a new land. So please, sit with us and be welcome."

Purusartha invites Arminas over to one of the tables by the stove (the one not ladden with food and drink) pulling a chair out for the elf before he takes one for himself.

"I wish I could hurry things along for Palenrians sake but we must wait for word from Thiara who will need some time to get in touch with Ghost and arrange a meeting. Delving into the undercity without contacts or a guide would only get more of us killed."

"I hope she can make this happen but it has to be said we are asking a lot. Something like this shouldn't be rushed, too much can go wrong and we can't be certain that Ghost, whoever he is, will risk it regardless of how much Thiara offers him. Not saying it's a lost cause by any means, but if the sun should rise before we reach him it may be too late."

Tanarus
11-21-2013, 10:04 PM
The tablemaid brings the drinks for Saeed, Kelest and Zhen and since she just heard what Deidra wants she also asks if she can bring back anything for Amaya?

Saeed: "Well speaking up for the sake of total strangers against the likes of those thugs is a brave thing to do in this city. Lucky for you I am a rather powerful underworld figure in my own right, so I can assure your protection if you stay close to me for as long as you need. It's the least I can do."

Kelest: "Excuse me I don't understand? What is all the fuss about those two men?" The half-dragon lady inquires a bit disgruntled.

Saeed: Takes a sip of his wine. "Forgive me Kelest, I didn't mean for our meeting to go this way... but I feel obliged to make these two ladies welcome in our company. This one (He says gesuring to Amaya) warned me that those two fellows were planning to poison our wine! Kasha has apparently decided to put an end to your venture and your life, and by extension me as well!"

Kelest: Glares angrily. "The nerve of that *****! Who is she to put herself against a priestess of Zu?! Back home she would be harshly punished for even whispering an ill word towards me."

Saeed: "Much a pity for us that we are not in Caishia." He laughs.

Kelest: "Well what are you going to do about her then?"

Saeed: Shrugs. "Stay on my guard. It's not my intention to start a war with her cult, and by extension her race. Nor should you for that matter... I can assure you that would be hopeless. Kasha is bold for a reason, she has very powerful friends."

Kelest: "You're referring to King Kyser I suppose? I have heard his named whispered in fearful awe many times since I've arrived. But if what you hint at is true and there is a massive nest of wererats below ready to destroy us all why do they delay?"

Saeed: "You'd have to ask them, all I know are theories. But seems to me the most obvious answer is once they rise to the surface they give away their advantage... the Vulkyrie rule all they see beneath the skies here. Take a look around... this crowd of frightened people aren't gaping upwards fearfully because it will soon be a full moon..." He laughs drinking more deply of his wine. "I wouldn't bet a copper on King Kyser winning a war against the Vulkyrie on these surface streets."

Kelest: Sips her wine as though it is more to her taste than Saeeds words.

Zhen: Looks to Amaya and smiles in the fashion of her race. "I am very glad you spoke up for our sake! Thank you!" She says turning to stare at Deidra for a moment before shyly asking. "Excuse me miss... where do you come from? You look very strong and fierce for someone even smaller than me... No offense of course!"


Amaya: Amaya listen as the two talked. Hiding her distaste for rats. Hearing all they had to say, Amaya had kept quite but she now had a question. "So, if you have an army of rats beneath your feet, and birds above your head, what keeps you here? why not just up and leave to a better place?" Amaya asked now looking from Saeed to Kelest. With both those armies, Amaya knew she would not be here long after she found what she needed. This was far from an ideal place to live let alone for one of her kind it would seem. She was starting to see why those of her kind had left this area.

Riderpride
11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Purusartha: Nods with interest at Arminas' words. "That is a sad tale Arminas. Things are bad here, but this is my home. I'm glad I have the chance to fight for it and help those I care for. I can't imagine how horrid it would feel to be denied that opportunity. Which being said, makes it very good of you to help, being that we are complete strangers in a new land. So please, sit with us and be welcome."

Purusartha invites Arminas over to one of the tables by the stove (the one not ladden with food and drink) pulling a chair out for the elf before he takes one for himself.

"I wish I could hurry things along for Palenrians sake but we must wait for word from Thiara who will need some time to get in touch with Ghost and arrange a meeting. Delving into the undercity without contacts or a guide would only get more of us killed."

"I hope she can make this happen but it has to be said we are asking a lot. Something like this shouldn't be rushed, too much can go wrong and we can't be certain that Ghost, whoever he is, will risk it regardless of how much Thiara offers him. Not saying it's a lost cause by any means, but if the sun should rise before we reach him it may be too late."


"My thanks, Purusartha." Arminas takes the seat offered to him. '"I just hope that we can make our move soon. This...undercity...perhaps you can tell me a little more about it? A great tactician always studies not only his enemy, but his land as well."

rtcvb32
11-22-2013, 02:15 AM
" A great tactician always studies not only his enemy, but his land as well."

Sauel finishes some jerky and other foods on the one table and can't help but turn his head to the comment by their new elf companion. Maybe this was important to comment on.

Sauel pulled out the still full vial of anti-toxin, tonight the other one had saved him several headaches and possibly death. He placed it on the table between Arminas and Purusartha hopefully well enough to be noticed and identified easily by both. "Well one thing I know for sure, those of the cult love to use poison(s). I'm not so intimately knowledgeable about the rest of the undercity, so I'll listen in; But I'd say it's still important enough to take note. Reminds me, Purusartha: Have Kasha or her group been using normal poisons? Or are they unnatural and more... vulgar poisons?".

Regardless if someone was resistant to poisons or immune to natural ones, stocking up on a couple of these simple yet expensive vials could make or break you against the upcoming night and/or weeks to come.

Narayan
11-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Amaya: Amaya listen as the two talked. Hiding her distaste for rats. Hearing all they had to say, Amaya had kept quite but she now had a question. "So, if you have an army of rats beneath your feet, and birds above your head, what keeps you here? why not just up and leave to a better place?" Amaya asked now looking from Saeed to Kelest. With both those armies, Amaya knew she would not be here long after she found what she needed. This was far from an ideal place to live let alone for one of her kind it would seem. She was starting to see why those of her kind had left this area.

Saeed: Chuckles. "I understand that point of view. There are safer places to live than Vulkh no doubt. But I keep living here because I believe things will get better and I want to be here when they do. Things may get worse before they improve, but some of us must be willing to live through the dark days if we ever want to see a brighter future."

"This land was once called Summara, ruled by my proud and prosperous Akhenaten ancestors. In that golden age, the Vul were never a threat to us. But then the monarchy grew corrupt, slavery became commonplace and the people were weakened and embittered while they suffered. We were so contemptuous of king Hamza that we gave his crown and his lash over to the Vul believing them to be our saviors."

"It might seem odd for me to speak of slavery now as a crime when I buy and sell them myself. Not usually the household variety of servants, but the fighting sort, gladiators... but I will tell you a secret..." Saeed says speaking in just a whisper now. "When the day comes that we rise up against the Vul, my gladiators and I will be prepared. And when our freedom is won, I vow to free any man from bondage that shed blood for that cause."

Saeed pauses to sip more wine, looking at Amaya carefully before he says.

"...Your mother understands the necessity of sacrifice for a cause. She is a brave woman, I learned a lot from her."

Riderpride
11-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Sauel finishes some jerky and other foods on the one table and can't help but turn his head to the comment by their new elf companion. Maybe this was important to comment on.

Sauel pulled out the still full vial of anti-toxin, tonight the other one had saved him several headaches and possibly death. He placed it on the table between Arminas and Purusartha hopefully well enough to be noticed and identified easily by both. "Well one thing I know for sure, those of the cult love to use poison(s). I'm not so intimately knowledgeable about the rest of the undercity, so I'll listen in; But I'd say it's still important enough to take note. Reminds me, Purusartha: Have Kasha or her group been using normal poisons? Or are they unnatural and more... vulgar poisons?".

Regardless if someone was resistant to poisons or immune to natural ones, stocking up on a couple of these simple yet expensive vials could make or break you against the upcoming night and/or weeks to come.

"As a defender of nature, if the enemy is prone to using poisons, I do have the tools and skill necessary to treat such a thing, both with natural skill as well as a touch of the divine. Though none are immediate cures, I can certainly reduce the impacts of such poisons so they are nothing more than a minor nuisance."

Arminas slides his backpack from his back and checks over his contents, pulling out the healers kit and double-checking its contents to ensure that he has a full supply still ready to go at a moments notice. Once finished with that, he checks over the remainder of his gear, ensuring blades are sharpened, bowstrings taut, and supplies fresh and ready to go. The wait for Purusartha's contact begins making Arminas feel a little anxious, even slightly jittery.

Narayan
11-23-2013, 01:56 PM
"My thanks, Purusartha." Arminas takes the seat offered to him. '"I just hope that we can make our move soon. This...undercity...perhaps you can tell me a little more about it? A great tactician always studies not only his enemy, but his land as well."

"The Vul decided to build this city atop these caverns 300 years ago because of their natural wealth. They've been explored and mined with slave labor for centuries. However, when Kyser rose to power uniting the wererats under his rule he forced the mining to stop. For a while anyway... until the Baron recognized the undercity as Kysers domain. Now they split the mining profits and rule together in an uneasy truce."

"The Vul only tolerate that arrangement because it's a well known fact they hate going underground and must rely on someone else to handle the mines... but I'd bet this deal won't last forever. The Vul believe themselves superior to everything beneath the skies, and beneath the ground... It's only a matter of time until Kysers arrogance ruffles too many feathers. The Vul king won't tolerate another monarch within his domain indefinitely."

"As for Kyser... there's so much rumor and conjecture about him there's no way to be certain which tales are true. He is an elder, alpha wererat that much is for certain. Old enough that he's lived at least a few human lifetimes... long enough to scheme and slay his way to a throne eventually."

"Kysers current mage-advisor is a man by the name of Moakh. Most of what I learned about Kyser came from him. Moakh is the only wererat I've learned to trust. He was cursed before I met him, but that didn't stop him from becoming a worthy friend and mentor to me."

"Unfortunately I haven't spoken to Moakh for several years. He used to keep a magic shop up here on the surface but once Kyser came to realize his value to him he demanded he go below and live in his court. I hope I might discover how he fares when we do enter the undercity, but I profess I would not know what he could do for us, if anything... Did you have any more specific questions about the undercity Arminas?"


Sauel finishes some jerky and other foods on the one table and can't help but turn his head to the comment by their new elf companion. Maybe this was important to comment on.

Sauel pulled out the still full vial of anti-toxin, tonight the other one had saved him several headaches and possibly death. He placed it on the table between Arminas and Purusartha hopefully well enough to be noticed and identified easily by both. "Well one thing I know for sure, those of the cult love to use poison(s). I'm not so intimately knowledgeable about the rest of the undercity, so I'll listen in; But I'd say it's still important enough to take note. Reminds me, Purusartha: Have Kasha or her group been using normal poisons? Or are they unnatural and more... vulgar poisons?".

Purusartha: Shifts his attention to Sauel for a moment. "Ah, a good thing to discuss Sauel." Purusartha says before looking towards Arminas. "The person Sauel refers too, Kasha, is a cruel ***** of a wererat that serves a murderous cult for a vile god named Vermithrax. Patron of assassins and wererats both... which is altogether fitting I suppose." He says spitting on the floor to show his distaste.

"They do exhibit a fondness and a means for poison. There really is no evil they won't shirk from. Tix identified the poisons they were carrying from Shajarians flat... if I remember correctly there was Eyeblast, Huge Scorpion Venom, Huge Spider Venom and Bebilith Venom. None of which are cheap in the least... but neither are they unobtainable."

"I believe we can expect more of the same from their lowly thugs and bottom-rung assassins. Kasha herself and the more powerful cultists likely have much worse though. I've lived in the city long enough to know the usual black-market sources for poisons and the cult of Vermithrax is known to offer the best and most vile types. As Sauel says, we would be wise to be on our guard against poison."

rtcvb32
11-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Purusartha commenting that these were the lowest rung of thugs and assassins with the poisons made him frown, as likely higher up in the cult they would be using worse poisons didn't sit well with Sauel. True they had identified the poisons but that didn't mean Sauel was personally that familiar with them, at least their new strider wouldn't be caught unaware like Sauel was to the threat. Perhaps if their contact was going to be a while perhaps Wrusk would have a book on the topic of poisons, list of their sources, natural anti-toxins, among other things.

The thought occurred to Sauel to invite Arminas to help train Yorick in the arts of surviving in the wilderness and becoming attuned to his inner beast, but survival for a were would likely be rather simple rather it was control Yorick needed, specifically personal calm. Still it would be good to share notes on time in the wild.

"Are most of the thugs and wererats similar to what we faced tonight?" Likely the bulk of any force was lower level labor, but Sauel wasn't too familiar with the structure. It could be more organized like a thief's guild, or military, or pack similar to what he was used to, but the cult probably was it's own small portion of the were society. ~Rats....~

"Oh before it slips my mind, tell me about the Rhats... Like Tix. I had never seen one of them before coming here, and it would be good to know a bit about them."

voidoblivion
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
He sits back and listens for a bit until he speaks again. How soon can we arrange things with your friend in the under city? Also we will need to go to Kasha's safe haven that we have a key to and finish her off. We could possibly Enter the undercity and meet with your friend Purusartha, set a point that is a safe location were we will meet as a group, that is easily defend-able with an escape route to the surface. Then we would split into two groups. One group to deal with the threat Kasha poses, and two with me to free our mutual friend who we cannot allow the Vul to question. How does this sound? he looks around at the others then back to Purusartha.

Narayan
11-24-2013, 04:03 AM
"Are most of the thugs and wererats similar to what we faced tonight?" Likely the bulk of any force was lower level labor, but Sauel wasn't too familiar with the structure. It could be more organized like a thief's guild, or military, or pack similar to what he was used to, but the cult probably was it's own small portion of the were society.~Rats....~

"Oh before it slips my mind, tell me about the Rhats... Like Tix. I had never seen one of them before coming here, and it would be good to know a bit about them."

Purusartha: "Kasha's thugs and assassins are recruited from the society of the undercity. No doubt a largely uneducated, desperate and impoverished population. Is it no wonder that there are so many wererats living among them?"

"In such cramped quarters, the curse of lycanthropy can spread much easier from person to person. Some even seek it out as a desirable condition because it helps them carry out nefarious criminal activities and intimidate their fellows."

"Kasha encourages those sorts of scum to join her cult, offering dark secrets and tempting targets in Vermithrax's name. It is some small blessing at least that King Kyser keeps them in check by forbidding the cult to start a war with the Vul."

"Kasha herself has some connection with Kyser, I haven't yet determined exactly what, but its clear to me that her brash antics and unchecked ego are only tolerated because he favors her. Her superiors in the cult, whoever they might be, are not as well known but that may be intentional."

"Kasha's activities spread rumors and fear. But in so doing, she makes herself a target for those who would move against the cult. And that is something many of the cult leaders probably wish to avoid. As for the specifics of the hierarchical structure and customs of her cult, that is largely a mystery to me."

"However, I am well aware of the layout of the thieves guild, since I was once a member long ago... and the design of Kysers undercity government. To understand those things though, you first have to realize that Kyser tied the thieves guild, undercity government and cult of Vermithrax loosely together as one organization."

"Many don't even realize this because Kyser prefers a loose hold on his strings as the undercity puppet-master. But it makes sense for him to organize things so his subjects aren't actively working against each other even if they don't try to work together."

"The thieves guild is the largest and most established branch of his government, which has always had wererats in its leadership as far as I know... but before Kyser seized power there were no plans to move underground. Kyser was the first with the imagination and logic to understand the limitation and futility living above ground presented while openly defying the Baron and the Vul."

"In order to demonstrate his full strength, he had to first ensure he had enough elbow room to flex his muscles. Moving underground was the obvious choice. So too was his choice to crown himself a King instead of assuming the mantle of Guild Master..."

Purusartha pauses then to give some attention to Cred's thoughts when he brings them up.


He sits back and listens for a bit until he speaks again. How soon can we arrange things with your friend in the under city? Also we will need to go to Kasha's safe haven that we have a key to and finish her off. We could possibly Enter the undercity and meet with your friend Purusartha, set a point that is a safe location were we will meet as a group, that is easily defend-able with an escape route to the surface. Then we would split into two groups. One group to deal with the threat Kasha poses, and two with me to free our mutual friend who we cannot allow the Vul to question. How does this sound? he looks around at the others then back to Purusartha.

Purusartha: "We can't rely on Moakh to help us just yet. I don't even know how I would send him a message in a timely fashion? ...but he may find us if he hears about our foray into the undercity."

"As for your other notion, I'd like nothing better then to go after Kasha and make her pay for all the aggravation she's caused us, but as Thiara said earlier, having the key is only useful once we find that safe haven."

"To that end, I think we should try and capture a cultist or two at some point and interrogate them. Yet even if we did know where it was I wouldn't suggest splitting up and attempting to deal with both targets at once, tempting though that would be..."

"The last thing we want to do is underestimate our enemies just because we managed to survive an encounter or two against them. Their weakness was underestimating us which is likely the only reason we're still alive. Lets not make the same mistake."

"The next time we see Kasha should be the last time because we'll show her what an deadly ambush should really be like." Purusartha says clenching his fist for emphasis.

rtcvb32
11-24-2013, 06:38 AM
"I agree splitting up is a bad idea. Right our our priority should be the rescue as it has a very short time limit before it's too late, and weakening ourselves is a bad idea. Having to face three or four of them with Yorick out of the count was bad enough, thankfully underestimating us kept Kasha from taking the front lines, or more specifically, keeping you busy while I got surrounded and us taken out systematically. Perhaps the distraction from Asher's somewhat delayed actions helped, but I wouldn't expect her to be as lenient next time; She may have under-estimated us last time, but next time she may very well attack with everything in order to ensure we aren't a problem later and minimize losses even if it limits her influence elsewhere temporarily. Better for us to have some resources on hand we can use as a last resort: Like a wand; Or new companions she has not yet learned anything of yet..." Sauel's eyes glance to Arminas for a few moments, not hiding his subtle comment.

Afterwards with the discussion about poisons clearly over he picked up his anti-toxin putting it back in his pocket with his first aid Kit. During this he noticed that Purusartha hadn't commented on the Rhats, but perhaps that information was irrelevant for the moment, and perhaps Arminas had more questions. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to take over the conversation.."

voidoblivion
11-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Nods and looks at the others. Well we need to head into the undercity and obtain access to the dungeon were they have our friend. Even as a group we can find our way their. Yet for me to be able to help everyone escape then I will need an oath to Userrwroth and this deed being done in his name for the greater good of dragon kind. If this is not possible then I can only work with three others to save our friend. Or we can get to the entrance as a group then the three go and free our friend, then we escape back to the rest of you and quickly go to a safe place. what sounds good?

Narayan
11-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Nods and looks at the others. Well we need to head into the undercity and obtain access to the dungeon were they have our friend. Even as a group we can find our way their. Yet for me to be able to help everyone escape then I will need an oath to Userrwroth and this deed being done in his name for the greater good of dragon kind. If this is not possible then I can only work with three others to save our friend. Or we can get to the entrance as a group then the three go and free our friend, then we escape back to the rest of you and quickly go to a safe place. what sounds good?

Purusartha: Holds his hand up at the kobold in a slightly frustrated gesture. "No Cred, we will not head into the undercity before we have contacts to meet and a guide to lead us. You may believe you will be comfortable down there because you're used to being underground as a Kobold, but unless you've actually spent time down there before I consider your impatience mere foolishness. We can wait a little bit longer... give Thiara a chance! It's been less than an hour since she left us back at the butcher shop."

"As for swearing an oath to your deity to ensure his help, that would be ok with me after all that you've done, but I cannot order the others to do so. I would have to ask that they be clear on that issue now though, so that won't be a problem later." Purusartha says standing and speaking louder so the whole room can hear.

"Comrades, do any of you have qualms about swearing an oath to Creds god Userrwroth, that this mission is done in his name for the good of dragonkind? It is a gesture honoring Userrwroth to ensure that we continue to receive his help."

rtcvb32
11-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Cred did indeed seem impatient, not only were the sewer probably dangerous in their own right, but it could be a maze. Much like the rules between were packs and clans, if you jumped into territory without the proper protocol or without offerings of peace you could be hunted down and killed without question. Usually just passing through an area was one thing, but that was on land, this was going underground and there was no 'just passing through', you were invading.

Food might be a good offering, but that is if you were expecting a confrontation, they hoped to avoid that using ghost. "Definitely impatient. If it gets to politics rushing in is the best way to get killed. Don't think of the sewers as just a underground tunnel, think of it as a foreign country, it has it's own government, rules, task forces, protocol and politics, society, trails, and even wild-life. Any rank you have will likely be useless unless you're very well known. Even with great vision in the dark you will be at a disadvantage, and more so under any type of light. If Kasha has any suspicion we might be coming down you'll bet she'll send assassins to every known opening unless somehow what we do will benefit her."

"You spoke of Userrwroth earlier, and I don't object to swearing a short term oath for a specific task, but I'd first know what I was swearing and for how long before accepting it. I think there's saying... 'never sign a contract without reading it first'"

Riderpride
11-25-2013, 06:27 AM
~Swearing oath to another deity on a whim? What sort of realm is this?~ Arminas listens intently as Sauel inquires about the Kobold's request to swear an oath to his own Deity. "If such a thing is needed, I, too, would like to know the parameters of this oath. I am not familiar with this Userrwroth, but I also fear of the implications of my own divine connection to Lady Sehanine, but if it's for the greater good of Dragonkind, then perhaps the Lady of the Moon will show compassion and understanding of such an oath."

~At least everyone here seems to have their wits about them~. The nervousness and edginess again appears to be wearing off, as he settles within his newfound comrades, eagerly awaiting his chance to prove himself, and rescue his ally.

Daydreaming
11-25-2013, 04:21 PM
~Cred sounds like some sort of dragon priest trying to spread the faith.~

{Emiko checks the last page she's written to make sure it's dry, then collects all of her writing materials and her book, and puts them back into her pack along the wall. She acts as if the others aren't there as she studies the stack of firewood along one of the walls of the chamber. She finds a decently large log of wood that's cut evenly on the ends and picks it up and takes it to where she had been sitting in front of the stove. She sits cross-legged on the floor once again, then places the log upright on the floor in front of her. She takes off her cloak and haori, then places them behind her on the floor, but not too close to the stove.

Her right hand outstretched to touch the side of the wood starts to glow a light blue, almost white. She begins to smolder and burn her fingertip into the wood etching strange swirling patterns into all the sides of the log. As she does this fingertip burning upon the wood she begins to speak in a strange language, but keeps her focus and eyes on what she is doing as she speaks.}

"Cred, my friend... I have a great love for dragons myself from the stories I've read. I was even inspired to learn to speak this language, but I think some of the others here might be confused about what you ask of them." She speaks loud enough for all in the room to hear, as she burns her swirling patterns into the wood.

"I am not bound to any gods, and I will pledge this mission as an honor to his cause, but be aware that I am not bound. I am merely being thankful for help that is given by one of great power. You should let the others know that this is technically all you're asking of them, so they can be more comfortable with you..." She says turning to Cred, and smiling at him as she makes her ending comment.

(Rolled for concentration in etching spirals with her powers onto the log: 1D20+6 => 12, success, but just barely kept them how she wanted them to look due to lack of focus from speaking while concentrating. Emiko is speaking in draconic for all of the spoken parts of this particular post, so unless your character knows the language too, you would hear her words sound like some strange snake-like hissing sort of speech. Sort of creepy sounding for someone that doesn't know the language lol.)

Narayan
11-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Purusartha: Raises a hand for silence as he reaches into his robes to touch the sending stone he carries. A look of deep concentration passes over his face as he listens to Thiara's voice in his mind. A few moments pass before he lowers his hand again and raises his voice. "That was Thiara. She says Ghost is preparing for our mission and we must meet her halfling agent, Olo Blackfoot, at The Drunken Fool Tavern promptly. Fortunately for us it is just down the street."

"As for the matter of who will come and who will stay, as far as I'm concerned anyone who volunteers is welcome to go. Cred's plan may only require himself and two others to actually retrieve Palenrian from the Vulkyrie headquarters, but while we travel there I believe there may be some strength in numbers for us. Besides, there's no way to know which skills we might need down there."

"...However, it must be said that we may not all return from this mission. Those who choose to come along should carry no delusions about the risks, or our chances. Take a minute to consider it carefully. There is no shame in forgoing this mission if you aren't up for it." He says most seriously.

Daydreaming
11-26-2013, 11:44 PM
"I already said I would go... and that still stands." She says to Purusartha, looking up at him from her patterned log.

Riderpride
11-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Arminas looks at Purusartha intently, the determination returning to his facial features. "I understand the risks, but I will not allow death to scare me away from accomplishing my task. I have come too far to stand down now."

rtcvb32
11-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Sauel was uncertain how he felt, but he needed to go. Maybe it was the full moon, the anxious feeling, or just wanting some day to say 'you know about those that overthrew the Vul? I helped with that...', but there were other things too, the failure of the mission what it would mean, and that would leave Sauel in a very lonely an helpless corner.

Sauel turned going to the corner, undid the outer robes not needing them, and as they fell the energy could be felt off him as he let his body shift once more into a full wolf form. This time he didn't feel the need to be in any sort of authority like the tiny spat with ekimo, rather he had more advantages being a wolf than he was human.

Sauel went to his hands and knees after a few seconds as his body fully changed, then turned around. He looked fairly average as a silvery wolf, except for the armor still on him that was. He could see tenseness in Arminas's frame, and that was natural, being told someone was a were and seeing it was quite different. He approached the elf letting him get comfortable with the re-shaped lycanthrope, and his tame wolf companion. Afterwards he turned to Purusartha, his ear flicking on the side of his head as if to say 'ready when you are'.

For now Sauel could play the pet, the predator, the blood-hound, whatever was needed. Looking to Cred he knew he could even play the steed for a short while if need be.

~Seriously, when this night is over, I need to rest for a while...~

Tanarus
11-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Saeed: Chuckles. "I understand that point of view. There are safer places to live than Vulkh no doubt. But I keep living here because I believe things will get better and I want to be here when they do. Things may get worse before they improve, but some of us must be willing to live through the dark days if we ever want to see a brighter future."

"This land was once called Summara, ruled by my proud and prosperous Akhenaten ancestors. In that golden age, the Vul were never a threat to us. But then the monarchy grew corrupt, slavery became commonplace and the people were weakened and embittered while they suffered. We were so contemptuous of king Hamza that we gave his crown and his lash over to the Vul believing them to be our saviors."

"It might seem odd for me to speak of slavery now as a crime when I buy and sell them myself. Not usually the household variety of servants, but the fighting sort, gladiators... but I will tell you a secret..." Saeed says speaking in just a whisper now. "When the day comes that we rise up against the Vul, my gladiators and I will be prepared. And when our freedom is won, I vow to free any man from bondage that shed blood for that cause."

Saeed pauses to sip more wine, looking at Amaya carefully before he says.

"...Your mother understands the necessity of sacrifice for a cause. She is a brave woman, I learned a lot from her."



Amaya: Amaya listened to Saeed's words, still not sure why one would want to live in a place like this. Amaya had hope, but to stay in a place like this seemed just foolish to her. Hearing Saeed speak of her mother, Amaya stopped her thoughts and turned to look at him a little angry. "she knows nothing about bravery, all she knows how to do is turn and tuck tail when things get hard, just as grandmother did apparently." Amaya said angy before turning away from Saeed and sitting slumped over in her crossed arms as they rest on the table. Amaya wasn't really sure she wanted to stay even close to this man if he would keep seemingly making things up about her mother. How could he know anything about her! Amay asked herself.

voidoblivion
11-29-2013, 03:46 PM
He nods not saying anything. The urgency of there mission nips at his patience. Hearing Emilko's words he just nods. He was not asking for anything beyond that. The gratitude to Userwroth for helping is more then enough.

Narayan
11-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Amaya: Amaya listened to Saeed's words, still not sure why one would want to live in a place like this. Amaya had hope, but to stay in a place like this seemed just foolish to her. Hearing Saeed speak of her mother, Amaya stopped her thoughts and turned to look at him a little angry. "she knows nothing about bravery, all she knows how to do is turn and tuck tail when things get hard, just as grandmother did apparently." Amaya said angy before turning away from Saeed and sitting slumped over in her crossed arms as they rest on the table. Amaya wasn't really sure she wanted to stay even close to this man if he would keep seemingly making things up about her mother. How could he know anything about her! Amay asked herself.

Saeed: "Forgive me Amaya, I did not mean to imply that I know more about your mother than you do, I'm sure I don't, but people can hold secrets and perhaps even change their character over time. It seems to me that what I know might change your perception of her. But in any case, now would not be the appropriate time to discuss that..."

Kelest: "I should say not... grateful though we are towards Amaya for her timely warning. We were supposed to be discussing business were we not?" She says rather impatiently

Saeed: "I fear tonight's events have changed the climate of our business arrangement. It may be wise to wait a while for things to settle down before we proceed further."

Kelest: Scowls. "That answer does not become you. Your reputation is such that I believed dealing with you would be the quickest means of securing what I want. And yet, I now find you asking me to delay over random violence in the streets and a half-ass'd assassination attempt?!"

Saeed: Stops smiling. "No offense, but my reputation here was earned after many years of scraping and toiling in back alley deals and dangerous enterprises. I've risked my life often enough to learn how to pick my battles and gauge risks in these streets better than most. So if I warn you to wait a little while, I suggest you listen."

Kelest: Scowls deeper with obvious displeasure. "Well then, I suppose there's nothing more to say..." She says pushing back her chair and standing as if to leave. "I'll be waiting for your word Saeed, but I already find this city more distasteful each passing day so don't make me wait too long." She says, moving away from the table with Zhen quickly following at her heels.

Narayan
12-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Purusartha: "Alright listen up. Once we leave the cellar through the exterior door follow me north through the park and up the side street until we reach the main street. From there we will turn west towards The Drunken Fool about a block away."

"If we encounter guards we can't afford to be delayed any longer in our mission so avoiding them isn't a priority. We will have to fight Vulkyrie to free Palenrian, so we shouldn't allow mere guards to dissuade us from our chosen course. But that doesn't mean we should allow ourselves to get entangled in a prolonged battle before we even get underground."

"Now, let us depart..." Purusartha says grabbing his longbow moving to the cellar door.

Wrusk: Grunts and taps his cane on the floorboards before saying, "Give them hell and come back alive!"

rtcvb32
12-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Sauel replied to Wrusk's words with a single affirmative bark. He had hoped to get a little more of a reaction out of Arminas, but perhaps that was just the limitations of time. Emiko seemed indifferent.

Knowing they were leaving now he turned to the door, focused inside himself closing his eyes for a couple seconds feeling the presence of his beast, hungry and ready to play. ~I am what some nightmares are made of... No reason to be afraid, no I will be ready to take the lead.~ Sauel glanced to Rabi his wolf companion, and sincerely hoped he wouldn't get lost in the night as Sauel probably wouldn't have time to call out to him, or even heal him since his magic had yet to replenish a single time since they got here.

When the door opened, Sauel followed Purusartha out the door. It almost seemed ludicrous they would be breaking into the most dangerous place in the entire area to save a stranger, but the unexpected forwardness of their actions could give them the advantage they needed.

Riderpride
12-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Arminas shoulders up his longbow as well, ensuring his quiver is well within reach, and his trusted blade at his side. The elf falls in behind Sauel, eyes adjusting to the outdoors once more, taking stock of everything he sees, the sights, the smells. Under most normal circumstances, he would have had time to familiarize himself with the land and layout, but these were certainly extenuating circumstances.

~I just hope this Purusartha knows what he's doing, and that his contacts are trustworthy.~

Tanarus
12-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Saeed: "Forgive me Amaya, I did not mean to imply that I know more about your mother than you do, I'm sure I don't, but people can hold secrets and perhaps even change their character over time. It seems to me that what I know might change your perception of her. But in any case, now would not be the appropriate time to discuss that..."

Kelest: "I should say not... grateful though we are towards Amaya for her timely warning. We were supposed to be discussing business were we not?" She says rather impatiently

Saeed: "I fear tonight's events have changed the climate of our business arrangement. It may be wise to wait a while for things to settle down before we proceed further."

Kelest: Scowls. "That answer does not become you. Your reputation is such that I believed dealing with you would be the quickest means of securing what I want. And yet, I now find you asking me to delay over random violence in the streets and a half-ass'd assassination attempt?!"

Saeed: Stops smiling. "No offense, but my reputation here was earned after many years of scraping and toiling in back alley deals and dangerous enterprises. I've risked my life often enough to learn how to pick my battles and gauge risks in these streets better than most. So if I warn you to wait a little while, I suggest you listen."

Kelest: Scowls deeper with obvious displeasure. "Well then, I suppose there's nothing more to say..." She says pushing back her chair and standing as if to leave. "I'll be waiting for your word Saeed, but I already find this city more distasteful each passing day so don't make me wait too long." She says, moving away from the table with Zhen quickly following at her heels.

Amaya: Amaya looked at Saeed with a little bit of detest, Her mother left her, there was no good reason for it in her eyes. All she did was run once father passed away. Amaya kept her mouth shut though as the "party" seemed to bicker with Kelest seeming impatient to do whatever it was she came here to do. Once the fight seemed over, Kelest got up rather angrily with a scowls on her face. Amaya had to agree with Saeed in the situation even though she knew nothing about what was going on, laying low seemed the smart idea for the to "walking dead". "so are we done here then, whats going on..?" Amaya asks Saeed before she expected him to get to his feet to follow Kelest and her friend.

Daydreaming
12-03-2013, 02:48 AM
~I should leave some things here so they don't weigh me down... This will be interesting, and hopefully we don't get into any battles on the surface while it's still dark... I don't want what happened earlier to happen again...~

"Do you mind if I leave some of my things here, where they will be safe, Wrusk-San?" She says looking to Wrusk, as she climbs to her feet and dusts herself off.

{Emiko waits for Wrusk's positive reply, then walks over to her pack against the wall. She digs through her pack and pulls out her large book and writing materials, a full waterskin, a blanket, and a dagger. As she sets them on the floor in a tidy pile up against the wall, Kitsune walks over to her and watches her. Emiko keeps the dagger out of the pile, and instead tucks it securely into the belts of her armor on her side, so it will be easily accessible if it's needed for later. Emiko then turns to Kit and moves to put her in the pack.}

{Kitsune quickly hops backwards away from Emiko's grasp.}

"Wow wow wow wahooo..." Kitsune complains. "Ack ack ack ack ack..." Chittering, almost laughing at Emiko in an annoyed tone.

{Emiko places her hands to her hips in a forceful gesture, and glares at Kitsune's insolent behavior.}

~Really? You're going to act like this now?!~

"Kitsune!" Emiko says forcefully. "Sore wa anata jishin no rieki no tamedearu. Anata wa kore o shitte iru..." She says pleading with Kitsune.

{Kitsune turns her head away in defiance and yawns. She looks back to Emiko, and gives a slight whimper as she gives in and walks back over to her, letting her place her into the pack.}

"Domo, Kit..." Emiko says as she picks Kitsune up and snuggles her quickly before securing her in the pack.

{Emiko looks around at the others, embarrassed, checking to see if they noticed Kit's tantrum. She slings her pack onto her back and secures it well for the journey ahead.}

"Hopefully we won't have to fight anything on the surface while it is still dark out." Emiko says turning to Purusartha. "I'm afraid I won't be much help if that happens, because I wouldn't want to draw attention to us and have a remake of what happened earlier tonight..."

{Emiko moves to follow the rest of the group.}

(Translation: "Sore wa anata jishin no rieki no tamedearu. Anata wa kore o shitte iru..." = "It's for your own good. You know this...", "Domo" = "Thank you")

voidoblivion
12-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Cred says a quick prayer to Userrwroth then he follows Behind the one leading the group. He is ready to get this night over with.

Narayan
12-05-2013, 06:45 PM
The night air is chill and bracing as you emerge from the cellars hidden door within the park. The bright moon above is nearly full now, seemingly close enough to touch above the huge looming exterior wall.

Around you, the brush and trees within the park offer some degree of cover and security from the vantage point of the guards patrolling the wall. Purusartha waits until you've all stepped away from the concealed stairwell before he resets the trap and covers it again with the loose pile of old planks once used on the fence around the tannery.

Purusartha: Whispers "Stay quiet and stay alert. Remember, no bright spells unless absolutely necessary!"

Puru leads the way north in a brisk walk with Sauel-the-wolf and Rabi loping off to scout ahead. However, as you encounter no danger in the park Puru continues ahead unto the cobblestone streets.

When you reach the corner of the main street Puru pauses and takes a careful look around. Unsurprisingly the streets seem largely deserted at this late hour, even more-so than usual given tonight's earlier violence. There are only about a hundred yards to cover to reach The Drunken Fool.

Even closer down the way to your right stands The Seven Shields Inn, which draws your attention as a group of six men stumble out in a drunken revelry, singing and laughing. They are all armored Akhenaten men wearing matching blue surcoats emblazoned with a golden star above crossed scimitars. They all carry swords, but some wear a smaller variety as they also carry polearms.

Purusartha: Jerks his head towards them. "See those tunics? Those would be members of the Blades of Ishvar, a mercenary band rumored to have a fair number of clerics and priests of Ishvar among them. They have a better reputation than most of the mercenary groups hereabouts. Not a militant religious order per-se, but close to it... as they refuse a fair number of jobs on purely moral grounds. But since religious organizations are often targeted and abused by the Vulfear here in Vulkh, they refuse to claim any direct affiliation with the Faithful of Ishvar, though they are clearly believers..."

Suddenly a squad of guards (the same squad you chased off earlier as a matter of fact) emerges from another side street between you and The Drunken Fool clearly drawn to the noise. The Blades of Ishvar are meandering down the street in your direction, they will probably pass by in a minute or so... but now the guards are moving towards them at a brisk pace. It's a toss up how close they will be to your current position when they finally meet. Puru frowns and looks to everyone for suggestions?

[Everyone make a spot check]

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Diagrams/ApproachingTheDrunkenFoolTavern.png~original

Riderpride
12-05-2013, 07:09 PM
((Spot Check 1D20+12 => 13))

Arminas tries to get a good look at the scenery, bracing his hand up against the closest wall, not noticing the loose stucco and rubble that had built it, causing some of it to crumble and fall into his eyes. Cursing inwardly, he backs off the rear of the group for a moment, taking a knee to rub the dust and crud from his eyes, blinking rapidly to get his natural tears to wash away the invading debris.

rtcvb32
12-05-2013, 11:06 PM
(Spot: 10)

Light, curiously one of the few cantrips he could actually cast, and it would be useless unless he could do it on something at a distance.

A few ideas ran through his head, but none of them actually useful, their group was likely too big to pass by silently, well perhaps their ranger and Ekimo could pass with no problem Sauel & Rabi might stand out too much unless they could be confused for something say pets. But five wolves on the loose likely earlier they would remember one wearing armor, or would they?

Sauel takes a few steps back from the alleyway entrance letting himself shift halfway towards his hybrid form, enough so he can talk softly although rather scratchy. "CCccaaaNnN YOOOuuu MaaaaAAke YOOOURRRR ARRRroooowsssss SSSsssiinnnnggg?? OOORrrrr Purrrrhaps TTHHHeeee rrrooooFFFFF?" Sauel asked before shifting fully back to wolf form. The idea was a distraction, and arrows whizzing by at high speed could make enough noise for them to look over and being dark enough they likely would be more interested in where it landed, and wouldn't know where it came from. Making a dash for it could work, but it would be better if they could let the guards just pass by, assuming they had time to dally. Sauel glanced around to see if there were ladders, perhaps they could just quietly walk across the roof(s), that would likely work.

voidoblivion
12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
(spot 9)

Looking around he tries to slip deeper into the shadows, he is not sure how to make it past either group. (hide 13)

Daydreaming
12-06-2013, 10:32 PM
(spot check: 1d20+3=>19)

Narayan
12-06-2013, 11:12 PM
(spot check: 1d20+3=>19)



For a split second Emiko spots a shadow pass over the moon. A huge winged shadow, much too big to be a Vulkyrie. It flew so quickly it vanishes as quickly as it appeared, and from your low vantage point at street level among so many tall buildings you can't follow its path across the sky. For a moment you can't help but shiver because despite the quick glimpse, you are certain you've seen this creature before...

Purusartha: (Spot Check = 13, Fail) As Purusartha does not spot anything, he remains fixated on the scene in the street.

Purusartha: Shakes his head at Sauels suggestion. "Moving atop the rooftops is a bad idea. We'd be too easy to spot from the air. I'm worried about those mercenaries, they act like they have no idea what danger they are in! I wonder if they were drinking too long in the Inn to realize whats going on?"

"It's true the Blades of Ishvar are a powerful guild within these lands and normally would not fear to walk these streets. But those guards we chased off seem intent on giving them a hard time, and as we know are quite quick to summon reinforcements."

"I'd like to warn them, their guild could be quite valuable to us if they were made allies." Purusartha says as though he is about to step into the street...

Daydreaming
12-07-2013, 01:09 AM
~That shadow... No! This is not wise...~

"Purusartha you must wait!" She says just loud enough for their group to hear, as she grabs his arm to stop him from walking further out from the alley.

"A great beast is flying above us at this moment keeping watch... Who knows what it's capable of..." She turns her eyes to the sky from under her hood when Purusartha turns to her, and points up to the night sky with her other hand. "It just passed over us as you spoke."

Riderpride
12-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Arminas finishes getting the rest of the dust and debris out of his eyes, and meekly catches up to the group again, only a few feet away. Hearing Emiko's plea to watch overhead, Arminas shifts his eyes upwards, trying to see what Emiko saw, though unsuccessfully. "Emiko, are you sure? Were you able to identify what it was?".

Narayan
12-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Purusartha nods at Emiko's warning and steps back from the street answering Arminas' question for Emiko.

Purusartha: "She's referring to the Vuldrake, an evil draconic creature that is both dragon and Vul. The same one that killed our former leader no doubt." He says while clenching his jaw.

"I am going to distract those guards by shifting into wolf form and giving them something to chase. I'll also warn those mercenaries while I'm at it by carrying a note over to them in my jaws and dropping it at their feet..." He says already pulling parchment and quill from a pouch scribbling a note.

"Once the guards give chase, quickly approach the tavern while you have a chance to move unobserved. I'll do my best to circle back as quickly as I can." He rolls his note tightly in his hands getting ready to shift and place it in his teeth. Noticing that Sauel does not seem happy with his plan he adds.

"I see you'd rather not split up, and normally I'd agree... but this is the only way we can warn those mercenaries, distract the guards and lead them away at the same time." He says preparing to shift.

rtcvb32
12-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Sauel's eyes hadn't caught sight of the beast overhead, but he knew what it could do. That meant openly going in the streets wasn't a good idea, at least until it's view had passed; At least that was assuming they went as a large group, if one or two of them were to sneak...

Sauel's thoughts went along with the elf going by himself, taking Rabi or himself, or perhaps even the humans, but it would attract the guards. And then there were those likely in trouble. Looking among their group Rabi seemed like he could move the quickest and most unnoticed by himself. Purusartha making it plainly obvious what he intended made Sauel unhappy since he would have preferred to risk it, but Sauel didn't know the streets, the area well, places to hide, things of that nature.

There was little he could do other than keep an eye and be ready to leap out if Purusartha had problems, but if all went well they would simply hide and wait for the guards to run by before making their own break. So with an unhappy look he gave Purusartha a nod of understanding and agreement.

Narayan
12-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Purusartha steps out of his desert robe, removes his armor and hands over his weapons before his bones and flesh shape quickly into wolf form keeping the note tightly wrapped in his jaws. Then he darts out into the street making a beeline for the mercenaries.

The guards are the first to spot Purusartha-the-wolf and rush forward shouting with their weapons at the ready. Then as the cheerful drunks notice the strange wolf almost upon them they shout out in alarm, backing into each other fumbling to ready their weapons.

Purusartha-the-wolf, stops a few feet away from the lead mercenary, a lean well-weathered looking fellow with a closely cropped beard and smoothly drops the note before him on the cobblestones. Huffing twice in a low bark before darting back away from them, seemingly skittish like a wild animal but in reality just acting like a skittish wild animal.

The guards rush pass your side street, too distracted to even glance in your direction and Purusartha goads them on by turning towards them and growling, savagely snapping his jaws. Some of the mercenaries don't even notice the note he dropped because the head mercenary was good to discretely pick it up, turn his back at the guard and open it to quickly read the words.

Purusartha lunges a few times at the guards, getting them good and riled, letting them nearly injure him with a few close spear thrusts. However when some of the mercenaries start trying to approach the wolf in an aggressive flanking manner supporting the guards (being unaware of the note or what it says) the head mercenary intercedes and holds them back.

It looks like Purusartha's plan will work nicely, and any moment now he will bolt away and lead the guards on a merry chase but then suddenly a rain of fire descends on them as the VulDrake swoops down in a fly-by-attack, unleashing its breath weapon on the wolf and everyone around him!

VulDrake: (Breath Weapon Damage: = 47)

Purusartha: (Reflex Save vs. VulDrake Breath Weapon, DC 22: = 22 Success)(Has 'Evasion' so takes NO damage)

Head Mercenary: (Reflex Save vs. VulDrake Breath Weapon, DC 22: = 14 Fail)(Takes full damage)

Mercenaries: (Reflex Save vs. VulDrake Breath Weapon, DC 22: = 4 Fail)(Take full damage)

Guards: (Reflex Save vs. VulDrake Breath Weapon, DC 22: = 11 Fail)(Take full damage)

Purusartha-the-wolf leaps free of the flames that engulf the men around him. Their horrifying screams echo loudly across the street as they burn! The VulDrake has to beat its huge wings furiously again to gain altitude and may circle back to feast on their roasted flesh.

[What do you do?]

Riderpride
12-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Arminas nods to the others. "This is our chance, let's move quickly before that...thing comes back." Arminas begins the lead out into the street, keeping close to the southern wall, crouching low to maintain a low profile, but keep up a hustled pace, as their destination lay just down the street opposite the chaos

Hide: 1D20+11 => 28 Move Silently: 1D20+11 => 26

rtcvb32
12-07-2013, 11:45 PM
It seemed the plan didn't work, well it did work but the fact that the vuldrake came and killed everyone and thankfully Purusartha managed to get free of the flames meant the chase is now cut short and it was a matter of getting to their destination even more unnoticed than before. Hopefully the vuldrake wouldn't notice the wolf got free.

~Poor guys...~ Sauel thought, but didn't have time to grieve them. Moving and staying in the shadows he slips quietly towards 'the drunken fool'. (Hide: 11, Move Silently: 16, might be higher depending on circumstances)

Daydreaming
12-08-2013, 03:29 AM
~That creature... We can't allow more of them to be created... We must win this war against the Vulkyrie.. Focus... Do not let your fear cut you...~

{Emiko stays silent and let's her powers flare within her to protect her from being tracked. She glows a faint light blue under her cloak for a brief moment. Looking around warily for any other surprises, she moves to hide in the shadows and follow the others to The Drunken Fool.}

(Invokes Entropic Warding on herself, Spot check: 1D20+3 => 11, Hide: 1D20+6 => 21, Move Silently: 1D20+7 => 17)

Narayan
12-08-2013, 05:34 PM
The tablemaid brings a pitcher of water with three glasses as per Deidra's request. Saeed generously gives her a silver piece for the trouble and then asks her to lean closer so he can whisper something to her.

Saeed: "Not to say you are in danger, but there were two thugs in here earlier looking to do me and these ladies harm. I'd appreciate it if you choose not to recall any details if anyone comes in here asking about us..." He says discretely placing a platinum coin into her palm. She smiles and nods and goes about her business.


Amaya: Amaya looked at Saeed with a little bit of detest, Her mother left her, there was no good reason for it in her eyes. All she did was run once father passed away. Amaya kept her mouth shut though as the "party" seemed to bicker with Kelest seeming impatient to do whatever it was she came here to do. Once the fight seemed over, Kelest got up rather angrily with a scowls on her face. Amaya had to agree with Saeed in the situation even though she knew nothing about what was going on, laying low seemed the smart idea for the to "walking dead". "so are we done here then, whats going on..?" Amaya asks Saeed before she expected him to get to his feet to follow Kelest and her friend.

Saeed turns to Amaya and shrugs. "Are we done here? Seems to me we're just talking and enjoying some drinks." He says taking another sip of his wine. "Have you already paid for rooms here at this inn? There's a chance Kasha will send more men once those others report their failure to her and you don't want to be staying someplace where she knows where to find you, that can be infiltrated so easily."

"I have friends in this city who would be willing to provide rooms for you at no charge as a favor to me, so long as they believe you are working for me. I'm not saying you have to agree to work for me just yet, but I would be interested in hiring you both. Of course, we should probably get to know each other a little better first..."

"As you likely heard while I was talking to Kelest, I am a slaver. But not usually the sort who sells common laborers or household servants. I train gladiators who perform in the arena. Have you had a chance to see the arena here in Masaeus? It's a grand structure with a very excellent history of quality bloodsports. If you like, I would be happy to give you both a private tour?"

"But, training gladiators is just one way I create income. On the less-than-legal side of things I also provide smuggling and fencing services. Black-market goods and information. Privately, I'm also a member of an underground resistance to rule by the Vul. A group that has long since had lycanthropes in its ranks, for they are some of the strongest members who can hide in plain sight from the Vulkyrie." He says glancing briefly at Amaya as he says so, as if he might already know what she is...

"There's a lot you could learn from me if you wish to do well for yourselves here, and I'm willing to pay handsomely for your services in some fashion. If you're interested, helping to overthrow the Vul would prove to be especially lucrative, while also earning a place of honor for yourselves in the new government."

"...But, that all depends on what you're good at and how you might want to contribute?" He asks you both with a smile.

Narayan
12-08-2013, 06:23 PM
The Drunken Fool tavern takes up the lower floor of a corner building. It's windows are all securely shuttered blocking any outside light source, as any serious drinking establishment would. It's front opens inwardly as you approach, scraping loudly against the floor on loose hinges revealing an ugly, short, balding, overweight Akhenaten man wearing a stained apron.

He stares fearfully at the human barbecue with wide eyes and retches convulsively right there on his doorstep. He wipes his mouth with his apron and almost trips over himself stepping back inside as he notices your approach.

Tavern Owner: "We're closed!" He shouts at you before shoving the door closed in your faces.

[Arminas, Emiko, Sauel: What do you do?]
__________________________________________________ _______

Meanwhile back at the scene of burning men, Purusartha-the-wolf runs back to the side street where Cael, Yorick and Cred are still waiting and shifts back to human form.

Purusartha: "That was close! That damned VulDrake almost roasted me alive! But why did it kill those guards?! It makes no sense, unless the creature is so vicious it doesn't care about collateral damage." (Listen Check: 18) "Wait! Do you hear that?" Purusartha says staring back at the flames... "I hear someone calling for help!" He says rushing back towards the flames with Yorick at his heels.

The flames are already starting to die down, filling the air with smoke and the smell of burning flesh, so Puru and Yorick are able to reach the surviving victim unharmed. It seems to be the leader of the mercenaries, badly burned but still breathing!

Purusartha, Cael and Yorick pull him free of the bodies and pat out the last of the flames licking at his face and clothes.

Purusartha: "Can you here me?! We must flee from this place before the VulDrake returns to finish us off!"

Mercenary Leader: "Ye... yess I will come with you!" He says cringing as he struggles to stand, unable to see from one eye as one side of his face is entirely blackened from the burns.

Cael and Yorick help him to his feet and carry him upright between them, shuffling towards the tavern as quickly as they can.

[Cred: What do you do?]

voidoblivion
12-09-2013, 04:45 PM
He follows with and slips under the chard man trying to help carry him, saying a prayer to Userrwroth asking to heal and easy this mans pain. (1D8+3 => 8 #cure light wounds)

rtcvb32
12-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Banging on the door and insisting entry seemed like a bad idea, plus he was in wolf form so that would cause more problems, getting attention on them that they didn't want. Having Purusartha around the corner after that flame attack who had the information they needed meant they really had to wait, and that meant leaving the alley was likely a bad move.

Sauel turned his attention watching for Purusartha to arrive, getting ready to move if he needed the backup. Regardless whatever happened needed to happen fast.

Daydreaming
12-10-2013, 12:08 AM
~This is a terrible mess...~

"It seems we must wait for Purusartha..." She says to the others. "Look! one of them has survived, maybe we should help them?" She turns noticing the commotion and points to Purusartha and the others helping the burned man.

Shun001
12-10-2013, 12:17 AM
It was in a drunken stupor that the Inn door lazily creeped open as the hunched over Xiaolong, barely keeping his footing moved out and onto the street because of the ruckus. It was in plain sight the horror that had befallen just a short time and distance where he was taking residence.

"how happen here!?" he said to himself in surprise sobering up and trying to asses the situation, he could see the shambling group carrying an injured man. He decided to make his decision and go help.

He moved briskly though every second or third step he stumbled and caught himself, still very drunk, the quiet pitter patter of sandals flapped on the road.

"hey you, you okay you? you need the help?" he called out barely audible to the group (Purusartha) as to hopefully not bring about whatever caused the charred mess.

Narayan
12-10-2013, 01:35 AM
He follows saying a prayer to Userrwroth asking to heal and easy this mans pain. (1D8+3 => 8 #cure light wounds)
The burned mercenary leader sighs with some relief as a bit of his agony is cured by Cred's healing.

Purusartha: "What is your name sir?" He asks.

Mercenary Leader: "...Cap...tain...Ziya..." He answers gritting this teeth through the pain.

"hey you, you okay you? you need the help?" He called out barely audible to the group (Purusartha) as to hopefully not bring about whatever caused the charred mess.

He moved briskly though every second or third step he stumbled and caught himself, still very drunk, the quiet pitter patter of sandals flapped on the road.
Purusartha turns his head at the sound of an old mans words, hard to understand through the thick accent and poor vocabulary. "Stay back! It's dangerous!" He shouts.

Ziya mutters in a gravely, pain-stricken whisper... "He... is... Xiaolong... a monk...friend..." He gasps.

Cael: "He looks like a crazy old drunken foreigner to me, but whomever he is, he'll have to follow us indoors. We need to get off the street before the VulDrake circles back!" The half dwarf comments still shouldering Ziya's weight.

Shun001
12-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Working his way up to the shambling group he checks on his fellow drinking partner Captain Ziya

"who do this why? Such good time had, now they all the killed! I help you now."

Xiaolong reached to his flask of alchohol and raised it up to Ziya's mouth.

"Drink drink, help of the pain, get you inside to the bandage make you the better. We talk more bout how to make the friends rest in the peace later."

He was visually upset with the situation seeing that the good Captain barely was hanging on himself, but he then focused his attention onto the rest the group.

"You people, you help my friend so you friend also! This old man will help make right, no worry bout me I can take-a the care myself. I am Xiaolong! let be the help!"

He kept his ears open to listen for anything out of place as he walked with the group to the tavern.

rtcvb32
12-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Sauel watched the exchange, the new old man in sandals. Sauel would have offered healing had he any spells left, but he had been depleted for some time of nearly all his magic. It left him feeling like a spare wheel, how he could help him if only he had some time to recover. Cred however seemed to have the magic needed to help the captains pain, Maybe Sauel's healing Kit could help too, but that would have to wait at least until they got indoors.

In the meantime he kept his eyes pointing up now looking for if and when the monster would circle around again, he doubted they had very long now that there were flames on the road it was possible Vul could appear just for the heck of it. It was almost certain with how quickly the Vulkyrie appeared, and he didn't want a repeat of that. He gave off a soft whimper loud enough for them to hear his worry.

voidoblivion
12-10-2013, 11:28 AM
As he helps move the Captain he again offers another prayer of thanks and healing to Userrwroth. (6 more points healed)

Daydreaming
12-10-2013, 07:38 PM
~Sensei...? No, that could not be him... He died... Didn't he?~

{Emiko looks clearly shocked by the old monk's appearance. She moves to help everyone get inside, but keeps staring at the old monk like she has seen a ghost. She has trouble paying attention to what's going on, obviously in shock from seeing the monk, and staring at him in confusion.}

Narayan
12-11-2013, 12:52 AM
As Purusartha and the others arrive at the doorstep of the Drunken Fool tavern Puru glances at the puddle of fresh vomit and looks at the three of you and the shut door.

Purusartha: "What's the trouble? We need to get inside!"

After hearing the explanation for the shut door, he gives a look to Yorick who steps forward ready to force it open. However, at the moment he is about to shove his shoulder into it, the door cracks open again... by the same balding ugly apron-wearing barkeep except this time he has the point of a short sword up against his back held by a halfling."Come in quickly!" The halfing says prodding the barkeep out of the way.

He is a stout halfling, wearing a heavy woolen cloak standing an inch or shy of 3' with a stocky, slightly overweight build. His garments are warmly made, not very fancy but certainly not cheap. His short sword is obviously masterwork quality, with an exotic dark Damascus blade. It's pommel and quillon are finely worked silver. He also carries a matching dagger on his belt.

Within his hood you glimpse his hair is sandy red, thick and curly with long mutton-chopped sideburns. His eyes are not very bright or friendly however, pale grey in color with a suspicious squint.

Purusartha steps in first, ushering the rest of you in quickly, and not a moment too soon... for as soon as you start to shut the door behind you the Vuldrake lands on the street beside the charred bodies, sniffing and biting at the meat with its awful beak.

Purusartha: Nods thankfully at the halfing. "You must be..."

Olo: "...Yes..." The halfling says interrupting Puru."No names! I am the one she sent you to meet. And you must be the leader she spoke of, so lets not waste time."

The interior of the tavern has only a few oil lamps illuminated for a shadowy atmosphere. The centrally located bar curves in a large semi-circle seating twelve side by side. The walls are all fitted with booths, eight in total. Two doors open against the wall behind the bar, one marked as the privy, the other as storage with a stairwell leading up to the barkeeps living quarters.

Currently there are only six other patrons inside separated into two groups. Four in one booth, two seated together at the bar. Poor locals by the look of em who seem happy enough not to pay you any mind so long as they're left to drink in peace. You are all far enough away from them near the door that they can't overhear you easily at the moment.

Barkeep: Scowls. "What is this?! If you mean to rob me just be done with it!"

Olo: "To the contrary, I'm offering you a tidy sum for the inconvenience of using your cellar tonight. Provided you don't disturb us and keep your mouth shut!"

Barkeep: Frowns nervously but licks his lips with interest. "How much?"

Olo: Discretely produces a bright red ruby and slides it into the barkeeps hand so he can examine it without flashing it in front of his customers. "That's worth at least 500gp... but if you keep up your end of the arrangement and ensure we are not disturbed and speak of this to no one... you will have two more rubies like that by morning. What do you say?"

Barkeep: "Very well!" He says smiliing, tucking the gemstone into his shirt.

Meanwhile Puru gestures for Cael and Yorick to carry Ziya over to an empty booth so the man can sit and rest again.

[What do you do?]

Riderpride
12-11-2013, 01:29 AM
The chaos of the Vuldrake remains littered in the streets, and Arminas remains wordless and anxious, as the halfling shuts the door on the group. ~Great, that's all we need now. I'm starting to wonder about Purusartha's reliability...~ but gets cut off in mid-thought as Purusartha returns to the group with one of the mercenaries, severely wounded, in tow. Coming up to the door, Purusartha is able to grant them entry on his own recognizance.

Arminas glances out the nearest window as the Vuldrake lands and begins feasting on its kill, ducking back out of sight. Looking to the others, he eyes the wounded mercenary, and then to the monk, wordless, still in a bit of shock as to what just transpired. Never before had Arminas ever encountered the likes of a Vuldrake, and by the looks of the devastation it caused only a few moments ago, he wouldn't want to have to stand toe to toe with one either.

The Halfling completes a portion of the transaction that would get them some privacy for this part of the mission, and the anxiety slowly begins to dissipate, knowing that they can continue to operate without any major interruptions at least for the time being.

rtcvb32
12-11-2013, 01:44 AM
~The halfling certainly does know how to bribe the bartender~ Sauel thought. Course bribing was likely easy if you had several gems worth hundreds of gold each (or more).

With the captain now resting and not left as a cooked meal, he would likely have words with quite a few people about the VulDrake; Or maybe not... The question comes if they would have been attacked had Purusartha not been making a scene. Based on what the VulDrake did earlier it could be anything, or mean anything.

For now Sauel sits down and waits, knowing they will be off fairly soon. With Rabi sitting next to him they were together looked like similar wolves, and might confuse them for being in the same litter, the only differences really standing out is one has leather on him somewhat like a saddle or for carrying goods (and with the pouches he technically is carrying goods), and his non-animal eyes that held too much intelligence. Unless he was needed it was best if he looked as harmless as possible.

Windstar
12-11-2013, 02:02 AM
"...But, that all depends on what you're good at and how you might want to contribute?" He asks you both with a smile.


"Well sir, since you put it in that light...." Deidra replies as she watches the Dragon Lady leave. "Perhaps I have a few talents that you may find useful, least of which being arms making, I have 'prenticed the last several years with a travelling Dwarven smith."

Narayan
12-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Ziya grunts his thanks towards Cael and Yorick for carrying him, blinking away tears with his one good eye.

Ziya: "...My men... my friends... are gone. What was that monster?!" He asks through gritted teeth.

Cael: Takes a seat opposite Ziya. "That monster is a VulDrake... some kind of draconic Vul creature. It seems the Vul have been experimenting, breeding those things in secret. However this is the first of its kind anyone has ever seen. Earlier this evening, before the moon rose, it appeared for the first time with its master, a visiting Vulkyrie mage."

"Why it attacked your men I cannot say... I wouldn't know how such a twisted beast thinks? Perhaps it was told to attack your men, perhaps not... But you and your men were unaware of the danger you were in when you left the inn?"

Ziya: "We were celebrating. One of my men, Rashid, just fathered his first son. It is custom in these lands for a mans friends and brothers to throw him a party on this occasion. As the women do also, separately... Poor Rashid... how am I going to explain this to his wife? To all their families..." He says sadly.

Cael: Frowns. "I am not a local, but I respect your customs. This has been a terrible tragedy, and yet another awful sin by the Vul... You may be a stranger to us, but I'm sure at this point you'd agree we have a mutual enemy."

Ziya: Clenches this jaw and nods, glancing around at everyone. "That halfling seems to insist we don't share names in here. I'm guessing that's because he knows the Vulfear have spies everywhere..."

Cael: "The halfling is probably right about that... he certainly looks like the sort who's made enemies before... but we need his help on a particularly dangerous mission so I won't be the one to balk at his means or his methods just yet."

Ziya: Nods looking more carefully at Sauel-the-wolf and Purusartha. "The man who saved me is your leader I'm guessing? He must've wrote the note that wolf dropped at my feet, but I don't see that animal here with us? However I notice that wolf wearing the armor and harness seems unnatural somehow..."

Cael: Smirks. "I see where your going with this, and yes you could say the wolf who delivered the note and the man who wrote it are one and the same."

Ziya: Nods. "I thought so... lucky for me, it seems I can still observe a thing or two even with just one eye."

Cael: Laughs. "You're tough, but likable enough. If I were sitting in your shoes at the moment I doubt I'd be capable of making jokes at my own expense."

Ziya: Snorts. "Don't get your hopes up. I'm not about to dance a jig like a merry fool!"

Cael: "Please don't! I don't think I could stand to see anything that sad right now..."

Both men start to chuckle.
__________________________________________________ _______

Olo: Sheaths his sword. "Good! Now barkeep, lets not keep making a scene to worry your customers. Holding my sword against your back just now was a simple misunderstanding wasn't it? Please bring us some drinks and give us a minute to talk in private please."

Barkeep: "Certainly sir!" He says an extra bit cheerily and loudly before making his way back behind the bar.

Purusartha: "Nicely done... I can see why she see's fit to rely on you."

Olo: Snorts. "Do you now? Let's get one thing straight here... I'm doing this for her, not you. I could care less what happens to you, but as long as I choose to help you, I've agreed to do my best to keep you and this lot alive."

Purusartha: "I understand."

Olo: "Good. So first rule is, from this point on, I'm in charge. If you, or any of these others have a problem with that, you're on your own..."

Purusartha: "Fair enough."

[What do you do?]

Shun001
12-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Hearing the back and fourth between Ziya and Cael Xiaolong felt more at ease knowing that Ziya's spirit was still strong and was in no immediate danger of keeling over on him. The comments about Purusartha though were easily connected in his mind as he thought, to himself 'Master of the North' he started growing an interest in this rag tag group of adventurers.

He decided to rest his legs and take a seat next to Ziya, lighting his pipe and taking a long drag of tobacco

"Rashid very good man, he look upon son in afterlife, pray both Ishvar and Kitesvara for family. His family have name high honor!" he stated to Ziya then turned his attention to Cael, "Foul beast of bird no place in city of man, you team of strong gong fu honor this old student in let learn ways? You have master of Northern Dog (gestures to Purusartha) much learn this student of wind and water gong fu. In return I tell many story and work good for you."

Xiaolong surveys the other members of the party noting the varying professions that compose them, puffing his pipe he notices Cred

"Many thank young master of healing hand, you help Ziya, Ziya help me off street gave food gave drink but most all gave old man company. If lose all this old man die sadness! Kitesvara say this blessing be return I do for you, ask aaany time."

He also noticed Emiko and thought to himself 'Maiden sage of Katanese, would have been nice to marry when I was younger, the path of a failed monk is rough I would have graduated from a monk earlier if I had such a beautiful maiden to spend my years with.' he sighs letting out a small ball of tobacco smoke.

Daydreaming
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
~A halfling is our guide?! Well, I guess it makes sense... They are small, and wouldn't have much trouble being sneaky... This poor burned man... I hope he will be able to function close to normal after he heals... We must have clean water, salves, and bandages for his burns. That monk though... I can't look at him... It's too much right now...~

"That terrible creature..." She whispers, still in shock from seeing the vuldrake and the old monk that looks so much like her master. She follows closely to the others inside the tavern. As she studies the burned man's wounds, she seems to grow concerned.

"Cael... We must get some clean water, salves, and strips of clean cloth for this mans burns, and quickly. The wounds will grow worse if we do not cool his flesh." She says quietly, only loud enough for Cael and anyone in his range to hear.

She turns to Purusartha and the halfling, moving close to them so only they can hear her words. "This burned man... We must take him out of sight to treat his wounds. They will continue to burn and harm him further if we do not help him quickly."

She looks at the halfling, making sure he can see her blood red eyes. "You are the ghost? It is a kind thing of you to help us, but if Purusartha wishes to save this man from further injury we must take care of him quickly." She turns her head to look back at the burned man as she speaks again. "It is your decision Purusartha, and I will do what must be done... Tell me what you wish me to do..."

rtcvb32
12-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Sauel's ears twitched at the old man's words, his language broken and incomplete; Apparently this wasn't Xia's first language. He tried not to visibly cringe at his words as it made his head hurt.

Upon Emiko's comments and worry over the burned captain's flesh as well as mentioning names when they were suppose to try and remain anonymous wasn't working well. Still...

Sauel stood, strode forward and bumped hard against Emiko getting her attention, being sure to look at her, then wiggle his rump and side trying to get her attention to the pouch that had his first aid kits, it may not contain much of clean cool water but it would supply just about everything else she needed. If in private he might shift to administer first aid, preferably with the man still unconscious, but it seemed he already suspected there was at least one were among them, maybe two now.

Narayan
12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Olo: Speaks coldly at Emiko "I said no names! And also in that regard don't be stupid... I am not that person. I am merely your guide into the undercity for your real meeting with him."

"As for your worry about the burned man, (Gesures to Ziya) I recognize his tunic, he's a mercenary, and clearly tougher than most at that. If you can't stomach the sight of his suffering you're in for a rude awakening when we go below. So if you can, I suggest you keep your soft-hearted mewling to yourself or stay behind."

Purusartha: Glares at Olo. "I agreed you may be in charge, but I'd appreciate it if you spoke to my friends with more respect. We're a little on edge after all. It should be expected that frayed nerves can lead to outbursts of concern... But putting aside how you said it, I must agree with you."

Purusartha looks to Emiko. "I'm sorry but the fact is we may not have time to give proper care to his injuries right now. Another life hangs in the balance with every minute we delay. It's nothing personal, I wish we had time to get better acquainted because I would appreciate forming an alliance with him. But under the circumstances, I'm sure he's already grateful and won't think ill of is if we have to leave shortly to carry out our mission."

"...And speaking of that mission, where do we go from here?" He asks Olo speaking in a whisper.

Olo: Replies in a whisper. "Say the word and I will show you to an entrance to the undercity down in the cellar. But before we go below, we need to agree on a few ground rules and decide who is going and who is staying."

Purusartha: Nods. "Well, that old monk and the mercenary are strangers to us, so I cannot speak for them. The rest already volunteered to come."

Shun001
12-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Xiaolong looked to Ziya

"I go, you rest now, you no need work so hard you do already, pray for me."

He gave a stern look to Ziya as he nodded, he blew the burnt tobacco out his pipe and placed it back under his rope belt. He stood up opened his flask and took a long drink, the heavy stench of alcohol fumigated from his mouth as he placed the flask too back on his belt line. He then looked to Purusartha and bowed very deeply in a right angle.

"Master of the north, I ask you bestow wisdom on this old fool, you fight for justice I too seek protect weak. I ask join under as student learn your gong fu and become monk once again. Let world be rid of such evil, Kitesvara tell me so."

Narayan
12-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Purusartha: Looks to Xiaolong appraisingly. (Sense Motive Check: = 13) "I appreciate your bravery, but this is a very dangerous mission. For certain we will have to face Vulkyrie to rescue someone. There's no shame opting out and staying here hearing that."

Cael: (Sense Motive Check: = 18) Clears his throat. "Hey this is no time to be picky about who our friends are! I say let him come. If nothing else, he's clearly old enough to know what it means to risk his life."

Shun001
12-12-2013, 02:17 AM
"Do not treat like young man, you friend right. I seen world travel very far, I take care self."

Xiaolong smiled his old grin brushing his fingers down his beard as he then moved his attention to the cellar

"come come we go, you say you no time so go now."

He hobbles his way forward with the usual sound of pattering sandals.

Daydreaming
12-12-2013, 02:42 AM
~Insinuating I'm weak... Who does this half man think he is?! Apparently I shouldn't show any concern for anyone...~

{Emiko nods her head in agreement with Purusartha, but she clearly looks angry with the halfling. Her skin seems a bit brighter in her anger. She pushes Sauel away from her in her frustration, and burns some of his fur from the heat of her hand. She stands by Cred waiting for the others to make their plans.}

~May as well kill the poor man now, no need for unnecessary suffering right? Maybe I should go outside and kill that vulkyrie abomination and bring it's head inside to sit on the table before them. Maybe then people will treat me with more respect... I must stay calm... Must not burn....~

Tanarus
12-12-2013, 03:38 AM
The tablemaid brings a pitcher of water with three glasses as per Deidra's request. Saeed generously gives her a silver piece for the trouble and then asks her to lean closer so he can whisper something to her.

Saeed: "Not to say you are in danger, but there were two thugs in here earlier looking to do me and these ladies harm. I'd appreciate it if you choose not to recall any details if anyone comes in here asking about us..." He says discretely placing a platinum coin into her palm. She smiles and nods and goes about her business.



Saeed turns to Amaya and shrugs. "Are we done here? Seems to me we're just talking and enjoying some drinks." He says taking another sip of his wine. "Have you already paid for rooms here at this inn? There's a chance Kasha will send more men once those others report their failure to her and you don't want to be staying someplace where she knows where to find you, that can be infiltrated so easily."

"I have friends in this city who would be willing to provide rooms for you at no charge as a favor to me, so long as they believe you are working for me. I'm not saying you have to agree to work for me just yet, but I would be interested in hiring you both. Of course, we should probably get to know each other a little better first..."

"As you likely heard while I was talking to Kelest, I am a slaver. But not usually the sort who sells common laborers or household servants. I train gladiators who perform in the arena. Have you had a chance to see the arena here in Masaeus? It's a grand structure with a very excellent history of quality bloodsports. If you like, I would be happy to give you both a private tour?"

"But, training gladiators is just one way I create income. On the less-than-legal side of things I also provide smuggling and fencing services. Black-market goods and information. Privately, I'm also a member of an underground resistance to rule by the Vul. A group that has long since had lycanthropes in its ranks, for they are some of the strongest members who can hide in plain sight from the Vulkyrie." He says glancing briefly at Amaya as he says so, as if he might already know what she is...

"There's a lot you could learn from me if you wish to do well for yourselves here, and I'm willing to pay handsomely for your services in some fashion. If you're interested, helping to overthrow the Vul would prove to be especially lucrative, while also earning a place of honor for yourselves in the new government."

"...But, that all depends on what you're good at and how you might want to contribute?" He asks you both with a smile.


Amaya: Amaya looked as Saeed for a moment as he spoke, unsure as to what he was saying completely at first. "I don't know about Deidra here but i believe i have paid for my room already if i remember properly. Besides they don't know who she is let alone who I am." Amaya said looking at Deidra before looking back too Saeed for a moment. When he spoke about lycanthropes Amaya's eye flashed back to look at him without moving her head as to hide her surprise. What could he possibly know about her or anything for that matter Amaya wondered. hearing his last words, Amaya stopped as relaxed. "I am not sure i have any skills that might help you, Im deffinitly no armor smith like Deidra here." Amaya said still trying to hide herself as much as she could while trying to see what else Saeed might know about her.

rtcvb32
12-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Acting the docile wolf certainly wasn't Sauel's preferred way of hanging around, and less so if Emiko wasn't attentive enough to realize he would only bother her with a decent reason in mind, likely she confused his actions for that of a low beast. Regardless this wasn't a the time or place to make a scene, so he quietly backs off, although the scent of singeing furr remained in the air enough to remind them all she should be handled like fire, very carefully lest you get burned.

Sauel turns his attention more to the Halfling, doubtless Olo would know what he was. It was probably just a matter of waiting until they headed out; The monk, or older male stranger seemed ready to follow them into the sewers, quite strange.

Windstar
12-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Deidra leans in close to Amaya, "Trust me when I tell you they may not know our names, yet. But by midnight they will. And by breakfast they will be looking for us. Now I may not know you well, but you handled the ship well, you have skills."

Riderpride
12-12-2013, 09:54 AM
"I would not be able to live with myself if I were to back down and remain here solely out of fear. We are Strider, and Sehanine gives me the willpower to break through fear."


Looking back to Ziya, the Ranger quickly rummages through his supplies, pulling out his healing kit. Opening it, he pulls out a small handful of items from within, before closing it up and putting it back in his pack. "Use these on his wounds while we're gone. They may not cure the damage right away, but they'll ease the pain and prevent the wounds from becoming infected."


((I Think I have a healers kit on Arminas, however, mythweavers is being fussy right now and I can't access the site to check my sheet. If so, I will leave 2 uses of the healer's kit behind for them to use on Ziya.))

Narayan
12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
"Well sir, since you put it in that light...." Deidra replies as she watches the Dragon Lady leave. "Perhaps I have a few talents you may find useful, least of which being arms making, I have 'prenticed' the last several years with a travelling Dwarven smith."
Saeed: Smiles at Deidra. "That's terrific! I'm always in need of more smith's at the Arena. As you can imagine, my gladiators are constantly in need of new or repaired armor and weapons. You might even find it exciting to see how your crafts actually perform in action? I'll be sure to pay you handsomely for what your work is worth, and someday if you feel the need to open your own smithy I can help you with that too."


Amaya looked as Saeed for a moment as he spoke, unsure as to what he was saying completely at first. "I don't know about Deidra here but i believe i have paid for my room already if i remember properly. Besides they don't know who she is let alone who I am." Amaya said looking at Deidra before looking back too Saeed for a moment. When he spoke about lycanthropes Amaya's eye flashed back to look at him without moving her head as to hide her surprise. What could he possibly know about her or anything for that matter Amaya wondered. hearing his last words, Amaya stopped as relaxed. "I am not sure i have any skills that might help you, Im deffinitly no armor smith like Deidra here." Amaya said still trying to hide herself as much as she could while trying to see what else Saeed might know about her.


Deidra leans in close to Amaya, "Trust me when I tell you they may not know our names, yet. But by midnight they will. And by breakfast they will be looking for us. Now I may not know you well, but you handled the ship well, you have skills."

Saeed: "Amaya you are too modest. As Awanseiga's daughter, I'm sure you possess very potent hidden qualities... secrets you should definitely keep from the likes of Kasha and her cult. Deidra's right, just being seen with me has put you in danger. Staying here is a bad idea. They'll learn everything they can about you however they can... which probably includes ransacking your rooms if you ever leave your things unattended. Kasha's people are relentless, they never forgive or forget who crosses them. And someone of your nature will definitely get their attention. As I said, they are a cult of wererats... they don't look kindly on people like you who defy them in their territory. They'll try and make an example of you. But just say the word and I will put you both up someplace safe where you can rest in peace after such a long journey."

voidoblivion
12-13-2013, 12:06 AM
FOR now the little Kolbold has nothing to say, he just observes and waits. He is ready to head into the under city, they must save there friend before the nights end or all could be lost.

Narayan
12-13-2013, 03:29 AM
"Do not treat like young man, you friend right. I seen world travel very far, I take care self."

Xiaolong smiled his old grin brushing his fingers down his beard as he then moved his attention to the cellar

"come come we go, you say you no time so go now."

He hobbles his way forward with the usual sound of pattering sandals.

Olo looks at Xiaolong with obvious misgivings and back to Purusartha with an expression of wariness as if he already has serious doubts about this group.


"I would not be able to live with myself if I were to back down and remain here solely out of fear. We are Strider, and Sehanine gives me the willpower to break through fear."

Looking back to Ziya, the Ranger quickly rummages through his supplies, pulling out his healing kit. Opening it, he pulls out a small handful of items from within, before closing it up and putting it back in his pack. "Use these on his wounds while we're gone. They may not cure the damage right away, but they'll ease the pain and prevent the wounds from becoming infected."

Ziya accepts the healing kit from Arminas with gratitude before Olo steps over to the table and speaks to Ziya in a low voice.

Olo: "I thought you should know, it's possible someone in here could be an informant for the Vulfear. If so, they'll likely try and leave as soon as we go downstairs..."

Ziya: Interrupts. "...And what do you expect me to do? I'm not really in any shape to be killing spies..."

Olo: Interrupts him right back. "...Of course not. Those two men at the bar work for me. They'll do the killing if it comes to that. I just wanted to give you a friendly heads up about it, so you knew what was going on."

Ziya: "...I see..." He says a bit unnerved.

Olo: Looks to the rest of you. "Ok, lets get going." He says stepping over to the bar. "Mr. Bartender, I'd appreciate it if you'd take care of my injured friend over there... bring him some clean water if you have it and whatever drinks might ease his pain." He says sliding a gold coin on the bar.

Bartender: "Of course."

Olo: "But right now, we're ready to go down to your cellar and do that work you asked for..." He says with a wink.

Bartender: "Err... yes I will take you down there now..." He says leading you through the door marked 'storage'. Inside the storage room are barrels of ale and casks of wine, with a stairwell leading down into a cellar.

The barkeep grabs a lit oil lamp from the wall of the storage room to light your way into the dark cellar, which is much smaller than Wrusks with a lower ceiling. Inside it is cramped with old junk, nothing much of value besides some old rugs and tapestries and a well used spinning-wheel. You see no other doors or possible means of exit from the cellar.

Olo Takes a minute to light his own lamp and orders the barkeep to begone. After you're alone, he raises his hand for silence before reaching inside his garments to remove a bit of incense. After lighting it, he wafts in the air for a bit and finally speaks up again.

"Ok, now that we can speak freely, I want to go over a few things before we go underground. First of all, down there I am a 'Gatekeeper', which means I serve King Kyser at one of the entrances to the undercity collecting tolls and monitoring traffic."

"It is a position fraught with danger for me. I'm as good as dead if anyone manages to smuggle goods through my gate or otherwise sneak anything by me. However it is precisely because I am a gatekeeper that any of you can enter the undercity safely."

"This abuse of trust will certainly earn me a fate worse then death if I am discovered. And since I only agreed to do this job as a favor to Thiara, I'd appreciate it if you didn't imperil me any more than necessary by listening closely to my plan."

"In order to get you through the undercity to your meeting with Ghost we must use the ruse that some of you are my prisoners. This is necessary for those of you that are lycanthropes but not wererats. They won't like that... it's safer for you this way trust me."

"Those of you that will be prisoners will have to be chained and drugged for it to be convincing..."

Yorick visibily stiffens at the mention of chains and Purusartha has to interrupt.

Purusartha: "...That won't work I'm afraid. My friend here won't agree to be chained and I won't force him."

Olo: "Don't worry, I've faked the drugs and the chains so you won't actually be incapacitated or restrained. Is that acceptable?"

Yorick nods, but still looks unhappy.

Olo: Gestures to Emiko. "An exotic beauty like her would fetch a lot of coin..." (Gestures to Xiaolong.) "Old man, where you come from slavery was once commonplace. Certain Caishians still long for those days. I know some who come to Vulkh specifically so they can legally own slaves."

"You should play the role of a wealthy slave owner come to sell her on the blackmarket. She shouldn't have to be chained, so long as she plays her part convincingly." Olo gestures to Crdechzkragar. "You'll be the old mans personal slave..." (Gestures to Arminas and Cael) "...and you'll be his bodyguards... Any questions?"

Shun001
12-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Xiaolong rubbed his beard in contemplation.

"I can do, good with word, very convince. I see problem, I am dress beggar not owner the slave. Disguise and I play more convince role"

He pulled out his pipe and started packing it with some of the contents of his pouch, he did not light it and smoke it, instead placing it back onto his belt line.

"I sorry all ahead time if role too convince and insult"

He began looking at the tapestries wondering if they could be made into robes though he himself was no expert in disguise.

rtcvb32
12-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Being chained up suggested armor wouldn't be worn either. But that came to question the position of Xai, Arminas and Cael, and how him and Rabi would be working together on this. The prospect of being chained up was low on his list of 'things to do before I die'. Sitting himself and adjusting his paws he let the energy flow over him generally as quietly as possible, the positioning of his posture would keep him tastefully censored.

"I'm certain entering shifted could get unwanted attention, possibly; However I didn't have many plans for being human tonight. So I wonder..." He glanced at Xai "... will I end up chained too? Or would I end up being a mount instead? I can do some modifications before we leave so my armor looks and acts more like an appropriate saddle rather than being obviously armor. But I'm not familiar with the underground laws or customs, or what will and won't work in these situations."

The idea of being Cred's mount seemed unlikely, and Olo was not going to be believed if he suddenly gained a mount or pet. He probably had a spare set of clothes in his other pouch although he hadn't planned on using them.

Riderpride
12-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Arminas nods wordlessly at his direction of playing the role of bodyguard. "So long as you do not require me to participate vocally in negotiations or diplomatic relations, such battles with words are not a part of my repertoire. Paint the bulls-eye on my quarry, however, and my shot will ring true."

Tanarus
12-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Saeed: Smiles at Deidra. "That's terrific! I'm always in need of more smith's at the Arena. As you can imagine, my gladiators are constantly in need of new or repaired armor and weapons. You might even find it exciting to see how your crafts actually perform in action? I'll be sure to pay you handsomely for what your work is worth, and someday if you feel the need to open your own smithy I can help you with that too."





Saeed: "Amaya you are too modest. As Awanseiga's daughter, I'm sure you possess very potent hidden qualities... secrets you should definitely keep from the likes of Kasha and her cult. Deidra's right, just being seen with me has put you in danger. Staying here is a bad idea. They'll learn everything they can about you however they can... which probably includes ransacking your rooms if you ever leave your things unattended. Kasha's people are relentless, they never forgive or forget who crosses them. And someone of your nature will definitely get their attention. As I said, they are a cult of wererats... they don't look kindly on people like you who defy them in their territory. They'll try and make an example of you. But just say the word and I will put you both up someplace safe where you can rest in peace after such a long journey."


Amaya: Listened to what was said, shaking her head at the thought of being fearful for wererats at all. Her eyes turned to Saeed for a moment as he spoke about her and Amaya rolled her eyes. "Well i dont think i can get a return on my room" Amaya said as she thought about what was going on. It all sounded reasonable but she really didn't know is she had anything to offer this man. "Again i know nothing about smithing or anything so i dont think i would be much use to you." Amaya said as she still though, words just coming out of her mouth as she tried to reason with herself as to what she should do. "if these rats were to hunt us, how could we have somewhere SAFE to rest." Amay asked turing bad to look at Saeed.

Shun001
12-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Xiaolong turned his attention to Sauel

"Hiyah! another Master of Northern Dog. Is ok I think for you we only gag and collar but gag only on by you the bite. Pretend drug, act slow no need to take off armor of prisoner, armor on prisoner mean safe transportation the merchandise! For other slave we make the chain behind back, you hold together no really lock, slave be drug pretend act slow. Body guard carry slave actor weapon look the tough say the nothing. I handle talk, try make speak me in trade language Gnome or Imperial Caishian make the easy understand me."

He looked at Emiko

"I need you help most all. You play personal prize, I keep you the close me no let other touch you. I may do thing though I ask forgive. You chain behind back, I hold the chain."

he stood back from the group putting his hands on his hips.

"We all need stay sharp. If slave need the help insult body guard, they come over pretend treat bad, you take-a the gear yours and unchain. If no we play along. Body guard watch the slave, Sage (he refers to Emiko) stay with me all time."

Narayan
12-13-2013, 09:56 PM
"I'm certain entering shifted could get unwanted attention, possibly; However I didn't have many plans for being human tonight. So I wonder..." He glanced at Xai "... will I end up chained too? Or would I end up being a mount instead? I can do some modifications before we leave so my armor looks and acts more like an appropriate saddle rather than being obviously armor. But I'm not familiar with the underground laws or customs, or what will and won't work in these situations."



Xiaolong turned his attention to Sauel

"Hiyah! another Master of Northern Dog. Is ok I think for you we only gag and collar but gag only on by you the bite. Pretend drug, act slow no need to take off armor of prisoner, armor on prisoner mean safe transportation the merchandise!"

Purusartha: Speaks to Sauel and Xiaolong. "Olo's plan makes sense. Even if we shift into animal form, the wererats could still sniff us out as werewolves which is attention we can't afford. His plan hides us in plain sight because we'll look harmless enough being both drugged and chained. Besides, he already said the chains and the drugs are faked. We won't actually be incapacitated or restrained. I think its a good plan."

Narayan
12-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Listened to what was said, shaking her head at the thought of being fearful for wererats at all. Her eyes turned to Saeed for a moment as he spoke about her and Amaya rolled her eyes. "Well i dont think i can get a return on my room" Amaya said as she thought about what was going on. It all sounded reasonable but she really didn't know is she had anything to offer this man. "Again i know nothing about smithing or anything so i dont think i would be much use to you." Amaya said as she still though, words just coming out of her mouth as she tried to reason with herself as to what she should do. "if these rats were to hunt us, how could we have somewhere SAFE to rest." Amay asked turing bad to look at Saeed.

Saeed: "I can't promise you complete protection from the wererats of course, no one can... but I can move you into a neighborhood that will make things very difficult for them. They won't risk going after you there unless they are willing to loose men in the effort. You don't warrant those losses, not yet anyway."

"As for your use to me, don't trouble yourself so much about that just now. I am in your debt after all, I merely wish to offer you opportunities as an ally and benefactor. I hope you don't confuse my interest as manipulation?"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

[Approximate Time = 10 PM]

Daydreaming
12-13-2013, 11:01 PM
~I've never had any sort of chains or binds on me before... This is strange... And if I'm supposed to be a slave, what do I do with my pack? and with Kit?! I have a bad feeling about this...~

"Ojiisan..." She says staring at the old monk in an odd way, as he speaks about her part of the performance. "What did you say your name is?"

Once Xiaolong tells Emiko his name she speaks again. "Xiaolong-san... I think you need more practice in the common tongue. I am sure the others must have a harder time than I trying to understand what you say... I will play along with your performance... But I must warn you... touching my skin or causing me any pain will bring forth a reaction from my body. I do not know if I can control it, and it might be very noticeable to others."

"...and what about my pack? and Kitsune? If I am to be a slave why would I have my pack? and how do I explain Kit? Surely they would notice her? She is no pet I'll have you know..." She says turning to Purusartha and the others as she speaks. She pulls Kit out of her pack as she waits for their response. Emiko consoles Kitsune lightly stroking her in her arms, feeling Kit's anxiety from the situation at hand.

(Translation: ojiisan = old man)

Shun001
12-13-2013, 11:27 PM
"Ojiisan..." She says staring at the old monk in an odd way, as he speaks about her part of the performance. "What did you say your name is?"

Once Xiaolong tells Emiko his name she speaks again. "Xiaolong-san... I think you need more practice in the common tongue. I am sure the others must have a harder time than I trying to understand what you say... I will play along with your performance... But I must warn you... touching my skin or causing me any pain will bring forth a reaction from my body. I do not know if I can control it, and it might be very noticeable to others."


"Kietsvara forbid! I never hurt lady, do such thing is break own hand! I no touch skin then, but may reveal more to possible 'seller' that is what I ask forgive, I repent with lash, pray and hit self."

He tries to show good will and intentions to the poor girl, ~she must have a lot of stress between wanting to help people and now playing this plan~ he thought to himself

"The Gatekeeper has attention. I do as say, make sure good slave master."

rtcvb32
12-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Sauel got lost from Xai's explanation, and Purusartha's wasn't much better. But still the same thing, 'drugged and chained' came up. He wasn't sure if it would matter what form he was in, being human would be less noticeable, but still armored up is still armored up. He could do without the armor if need be, but having dedicated detectors made sense as well.

This meant it might have been more suspicious in animal form. Reaching into his left pouch he pulled out his spare clothes and pulled them on, getting his armor covered over. Now it was time to wait for this all to happen. He gave a slow breath out calming himself, there had indeed been too many shifts tonight, the pull of the moon wasn't any better as he wanted to remain in animal or hybrid form, he wanted to hunt, to feel fresh blood in his mouth, over his maw... Sauel shook his head as the inner beast of him was almost bleeding into his own mind.

Narayan
12-14-2013, 01:09 AM
"...and what about my pack? and Kitsune? If I am to be a slave why would I have my pack? and how do I explain Kit? Surely they would notice her? She is no pet I'll have you know..." She says turning to Purusartha and the others as she speaks. She pulls Kit out of her pack as she waits for their response. Emiko consoles Kitsune lightly stroking her in her arms, feeling Kit's anxiety from the situation at hand.

Olo: Looks to Emiko and sighs slightly. "I wasn't asking you to tear your garments to rags and rub feces on your face to play your part effectively. You're obviously Katanese... haven't you heard of a Geisha before? A valued, even privileged, pleasure slave?"

"Such a slave as that could be permitted small joys, like a pet fox for example... because of their matchless beauty and skill in various art forms. So please, don't fret about your fox. Hold it in your arms if you like. But don't carry your pack, as the pack itself lacks in fashion... and you are supposed to be like a living doll, always beautifully dressed whenever seen in public."

"You'll still have access to your pack of course, just as your werewolf friends will still have access to their weapons. Even if you won't personally be carrying them, we'll bring all your equipment with us close at hand for when we might need it. Is that satisfactory?"

Daydreaming
12-14-2013, 01:43 AM
~He wants me to be a Geisha?! AND he thinks they are like whores?! Besides... I... I don't know where I would find the clothes, or makeup for that right now... There is so much work that goes into their appearance... This is making me feel worse by the moment.~

{Emiko visibly blushes at the halfling's mention of her being a Geisha. She hands her pack to Cael and sets Kitsune on the floor. She folds her haori over in the front and ties it closed to cover her armor, and adjusts herself a bit.}

"Well, I know what a Geisha is, but in my land they are not described the way you just described them..." She says in an angry tone to the halfling. "It will take materials I do not have to make myself appear as such. I trust you have the tools to work your plan?" She says as she picks Kitsune back up from the floor and holds her as before.

Narayan
12-14-2013, 02:34 AM
"Well, I know what a Geisha is, but in my land they are not described the way you just described them..." She says in an angry tone to the halfling. "It will take materials I do not have to make myself appear as such. I trust you have the tools to work your plan?" She says as she picks Kitsune back up from the floor and holds her as before.

Olo: Nods and reaches within his garments to remove a folded piece of strange black cloth.

He steps over to a uncluttered section of the cellar and unfolds it into a large circle about 4' in diameter, spreading it gently across the floor. Magically, the cloth transforms into a portal, a hole into another room.

You don't see much through the portal yet, as the space on the other side is very dimly lit, as if by a single candle. But you do glimpse wooden walls and what looks like probably crates and shelves.

Olo: "This is my secret means of exiting and entering the undercity. So long as I possess two of these portals, I can leave one behind and return to where I left it with the other one I carry on my person."

"It seemed like a good idea to use these to avoid the gates leading to the surface, as I can attest their security is too tough for us to bypass without a better plan."

"What you see through this portal is the back storage room of an undercity inn called The Laughing Skull, which occasionally hosts plays and other performance acts. I thought we could use its props and costumes to better prepare our disguises?"

"Behind the Inn is my official carriage, along with another cart prep'd to transport prisoners with its aforementioned chains. We'll use them to travel through the undercity to the meeting with Ghost."

"The fake drug I have prepared for the 'prisoners' only dulls your pain, not your senses. I designed it so they'll believe you are unconscious and totally incapacitated even if they poke or prod at you. Whatever they do won't hurt you so just continue to fake being asleep and they shouldn't be concerned."

"The manacles and chains I've put on the cart appear completely common except they are actually magically enchanted to open if a simple command word is used. Thus, any test or inspection of the chains won't be a problem."

"Are we ready to pass through the portal? I'll leave this one here of course, so you'll have a means to return to this cellar once your mission is over."

rtcvb32
12-14-2013, 02:45 AM
Olo's explanation not only of his plan but access to some props for a few of them; And that they wouldn't be walking openly in the street helped ease his nerves quite a bit. "A Portable Portal..." Sauel said softly finding it somehow ironic, and a play on words. He certainly wasn't sure what they would have access to for resources when they were first located by the sorceress, but it seemed it would probably be enough.

"I'm ready whenever.."

Daydreaming
12-14-2013, 03:51 AM
~A strange magic... This is all more like a story than I imagined it would be...~

"Lead the way..." She says to the halfling, moving to follow with the others when they go through the portal.

Riderpride
12-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Arminas kneels down, getting a closer look at the portable hole, staring in amazement. "If Palenrian could see this...magical items such as this would make for some effective and silent infiltrations into our enemy's territory back home, and put an end to our war back home..."

His voice trails off again, as the thought of his home plane begins to flood his mind once more, his eyes averting to some random spot in the hole, simply staring blankly, the amazement at the magics, gone. After Emiko calls for the halfling to lead the way, he snaps out of his moment, looking up at Emiko then to the others and nods. "Apologies, friends."

voidoblivion
12-14-2013, 11:41 AM
What am I to do besides act the part of a personal slave?

Narayan
12-14-2013, 05:12 PM
What am I to do besides act the part of a personal slave?

Olo: "Use your best judgement. Do whatever's helpful for the group, without drawing attention unless you have too. And be sure to ask permission from your 'master' before you do."


Arminas kneels down, getting a closer look at the portable hole, staring in amazement. "If Palenrian could see this...magical items such as this would make for some effective and silent infiltration's into our enemy's territory back home, and put an end to our war back home..."

Olo: "Well, someone still has to infiltrate the place you want to go to be able to use these. That means if they get captured, whoever captures them could use the portal against you. In some ways it's not quite as useful as actually teleporting somewhere."

"In case you're wondering, I couldn't just drop one of these where Ghost wants to meet you. That area is too dangerous for me to enter alone, and if I had, it's likely something might have seen this little portal and taken it. That's another issue with these."

"Well lets get going then..." Olo says grabbing the oil lamp, kneeling down and crawling through the portal to show it is safe. The other portal of course is also lying on the ground so the act of going 'down' one hole to enter 'up' through another is kind of dizzying. Once he has you see him looking down at you from the other side and gestures for you to follow.

<End of Part 1, Act 2: Scene 2>
__________________________________________________ __

[Approximate Time = 2 AM]

Narayan
12-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Experience Award Time (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

Main Group______________________________________

PC's
Arminas - 350 xp + 350 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
Crdechzkragar - 200 xp + 200 bonus roleplaying xp +1 character point
Emiko - 400 xp + 400 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
Sauel - *140 xp + 400 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point
Xiaolong - 250 xp + 300 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 character point

NPC's
Achetti - 200 xp
Cael - 300 xp
Olo - 300 xp
Purusartha - 350 xp
Wrusk - 100 xp
Yorick - *100 xp
Ziya - 400 xp
__________________________________________________ __

Other Group_________________________________________

PC's
Amaya - 100 xp + 150 bonus roleplaying xp
Deidra - 100 xp + 150 bonus roleplaying xp

NPC's
Kelest - 200 xp
Zhen - 200 xp
Saeed - 400 xp
__________________________________________________ __