PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! I love pirates and explosions, and I'd love to join/ run a game or two

Captain Shoggoth
11-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi there! My name's Iain and I'd love to take part in some pirate-y RPG games!

I've got a kickstarter running at the moment called Pirate World, based on Dungeon World, and has a section called Luncheon World (ouch) based around smoothing RPGs to play online/ in your lunch break. I'd love to try it here, either as a player or a GM, and see how it goes!

Executive Spike
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I'd be glad to try and test this with you, though I'd be a player as I have no experience yet with Dungeon World (and obviously Pirate World.)

If you got any questions for me or anything else ask away :D

Captain Shoggoth
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Brilliant! Thanks Spike! I'll be in touch, hopefully we can get a couple more people for piratey adventures. Dungeon World is easy peasy to pick up too :)

edit: here's a quick thread I made here about Pirate World: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/28418-Pirate-World-Kickstarter-is-230-funded!-Thankyou-). If it's to your liking, I'll hopefully be running the game in about four weeks time! Let me know if you'd like a sneak peek at the stuff, or if you'd prefer, the preview bits I've got for free online are more than enough to play a game with.

TorteStone
11-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the forums! Got any pirate tales to tell?

-Will-

nijineko
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
welcome to the forums!

Captain Shoggoth
11-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys! Tortestone, plenty! One of my favourites was when a crew in a game I was running sneakily approached an island in a stolen dwarven submarine. They found an island with a pair of guards on it and decided the sneaky option was to take out the guards. So they called in a favour from their gods and turned the lizardman on the crew briefly invulnerable, then fired him out of a cannon; directly through one of the guards, and in place to dismember the second as he flew past.

All in all, a very covert operation.

TorteStone
11-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Excellent stealth story! Reminds me of my "Stealth" modes in various video games!

I was playing the Savage Tide Adventure Path for 3.5 D&D as a water Genasi cleric of the Sea Gods when our DM decided to lead us through the city of Scuttlecove (Dungeon #95, “Porphyry House Horror” with Book of Vile Darkness content).

After getting kidnapped by shaved (plucked?) harpies in this dingy wooden horror-town, my party rescued my cleric who enacted his revenge with fire elementals. Many Fire Elementals. "Burn down the city", my True Neutral cleric said, and the horror on THEIR faces when the first huge elementals grappled the enemy wizards was priceless!

-Will-