PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Huddersfield

fifty
11-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi all.

I'm a long time GM from Huddersfield UK.

I've stumbled across this site because I'm trying to launch a game me and a friend have written, so I've been sort of everywhere there are role-players! :D

I'm particularly impressed with the friendliness on this site though, and as a constant GM by preference I do like the 'find players' thing you've got going! :cool: so I hope to be a long time and active member of these forums.

...I do feel a little embarrassed to bring it up in my first post but I and my co-writer have launched a RPG on Kickstarter,
I'll say no more because I really don't want to be a spammer! I'll just pop a sig-note and hope you'll forgive my rudeness! :redface:

Oh... and I LOVE maps, are there any mappy related threads on this forum anyone can point me at?

TorteStone
11-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Welcome to the forums! Tell us a story!

-Will-

fifty
11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Thanks TorteStone :)

...what sort of story?... :confused:

TorteStone
11-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Why a gaming story, of course! Like the time my high school buddies took a break from 2E D&D to swing swords at pop cans! One guy held the can, and the other swiped at it with the sword!

You'll never guess what happened next...

-Will-

nijineko
11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
welcome! hope you find a rich audience for your gaming offerings.

fifty
11-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Why a gaming story, of course! Like the time my high school buddies took a break from 2E D&D to swing swords at pop cans! One guy held the can, and the other swiped at it with the sword!

You'll never guess what happened next...

-Will-

... can went flying and smashed a window/hit the principles car?? :)

As for a funny gaming story of my own, I suppose you might count the night a very drink mate and my me decided that we would try to determine the appropriate amount of falling damage for our new game by jumping off increasingly high things!

....turns out you can spend a month in plaster from a cracked heel just dropping from your first floor window!! :D

fifty
11-12-2013, 06:30 AM
welcome! hope you find a rich audience for your gaming offerings.

Hi Nijineko!

Thanks for the welcome! :)

TorteStone
11-14-2013, 03:56 AM
Well actually my friend cut off the other guys finger! Was hanging by a flap of skin...and we had to go to the ER instead of finishing the adventure!

We stopped swinging sharp blades at our soft bits after that and got back to role-playing!

-Will-

fifty
11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
bugger! I wasn't expecting that! pesky finger severing interfering with a RPG night! XD

TorteStone
11-29-2013, 01:56 AM
It did cut our night short! :)

-Will-

nijineko
12-03-2013, 11:38 AM
short... heheheh. hope it didn't sever any friendships... left the game hanging by the fingers - or most of them. =P sorry, i'm feeling punnish.

fifty
12-04-2013, 02:26 AM
:lol: ...well I don't think we need to dissect the event any further! ;)

(sorry best I could do! :D)

KeciaBayerl
12-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Welcome aboard the forums, have a great stay here.

TorteStone
12-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Cut out those puns!

-Will-

nijineko
12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
we will put those puns to the sword!

KeciaBayerl
12-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Welcome aboard the forums, have a great stay in here and an awesome time as well.