PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the dead zone

REV_G33K
11-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi,

Just stumbled across your site from another and was intrigued by the "find players" feature as my wife and I are looking for more players or to join a group.

But it seams your player finder can not find the latitude and longitude of my location, not surprised it is dead around here :lol:

But anyway Hi!

jpatterson
11-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Hello there, welcome to the site. I know of a number of people from this site that have found games or players in their area using the player finder feature here, but it can be lacking, for people from some areas - it's hit or miss, as with anything in life. This site (and the chat, which I frequent more than the forums) have people from all over; not only various parts of the US, but Finland, Canada, Kuwait, etc. I've been really surprised at the variety this fairly laid-back site manages to contain. I have an older thread, some of which will be outdated, but has a basic summary of some things, including some additional info on finding players both here and in other useful resources, if you're interested.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/19328-Online-RPG-Primer-New-Looking-for-Games-Groups-Players?highlight=

REV_G33K
11-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info :)

nijineko
11-06-2013, 09:42 AM
welcome. hope you find game. =D

TorteStone
11-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Welcome aboard! Tell us some of your stories!

-Will-

REV_G33K
11-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Hmmmm... what story should I tell?

Oh I know!

There once was a man named Eric, and he found a gazebo...

On 2nd thought lets not go there its a silly place.

One of my favorites is not so much a story as a game mechanic from a AD&D game back in the day.

There was a 2nd room that the players were not allowed in where a map table was setup. On this table there were tokens for the players group, roving bandits, roving monsters, and roving animals. there was no dice roll for random encounters, the DM would move the tokens and if we crossed paths with any of the roving baddies then we would have an encounter.

It gave a wider feel to the game, like there was life outside our little adventuring party.

That and the time a grenade got lobbed down an elevator shaft in a CyberPunk game and killed the boss without us ever seeing it....

TorteStone
11-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Nice! I remember our gaming group held a big tourney at PUC campus and had just set up the two classrooms (map room/player room) when were shut down by campus police! We had done the paperwork for the rooms, but the guards didn't understand and it looked illegal to them!

-Will-

REV_G33K
11-11-2013, 12:20 AM
My wife had a gaming related run in with the police back in the day, She was driving home and her fiend was looking at White Wolfs "Anarchist Cook Book" supplement... had to convince the cops they were not gun runners.

nijineko
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
heh. i've never had such interesting RPG-related encounters in real life. though i suppose advocacy speeches for RPGs in college in front of fundamentalists may count for something.