PDA

View Full Version : Obsidian Portal Reforged?

Narayan
10-28-2013, 04:43 PM
So it seems that Obsidian Portal has completely redone its format overnight. I logged unto my campaign today to see everything changed, and all my hard work in formatting to make my pages readable and stylish is totally ruined.

I don't know what to do now :(

I was curious if anyone else has noticed these changes and what they might think of em?

nijineko
10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
i don't use obsidian portal, so i was unaware. bad form, to change everything without notice.

Dark
11-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Same here I never liked them personally but thats just my opinion.

Narayan
11-12-2013, 02:29 PM
So one of my players offered to take a crack at reformatting the Sion pages on Obsidian Portal for me. So far so good, it seems like she's fixed a lot of the readability and style issues. I dunno how she did it but its improving.

Of course I shamelessly rewarded her character for this, what kind of DM would I be if I didn't? :p lol

nijineko
11-13-2013, 11:59 AM
i have a long-standing policy that anyone can use rules out of any rpg book they buy me, but so far no one has taken me up on it. =P

strongly contributing players should be rewarded in-game, i feel so too.

Snuffy
02-20-2014, 02:18 PM
I have been working on my page on Obsidian Portal. I don't like the changes much and their customer service for paying customers is lacking IMO. I like the fact that I can rummage everything together for the game I am running in one place, but the functions are now very difficult to find or removed. I am still using the hidden gm pages to write games, but not sure how long I will continue with it.

Narayan
02-23-2014, 02:29 PM
I feel your pain, I'm not really the most internet-programming tech-savy guy either... but luckily some of my players are. So I've been sub-letting those tasks to them and it's working out a lot better overall.

The trick with obsidian portal nowadays really is just to re code it. There are some other obsidian portal users who are happy to share their codes and formatting with you. If you want, feel free to contact one of my players and ask her about it. Her username on here is Daydreaming (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php/19417-Daydreaming).

Daydreaming
02-23-2014, 03:14 PM
The trick with obsidian portal nowadays really is just to re code it. There are some other obsidian portal users who are happy to share their codes and formatting with you. If you want, feel free to contact one of my players and ask her about it. Her username on here is Daydreaming (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php/19417-Daydreaming).
Oh no... Narayan is pimping me out... :help:

nijineko
02-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Does this herald a rush to Daydreaming's inbox? ^^