PDA

View Full Version : Online Pathfinder RPG Expressions of Interest

sword4hire
10-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone. Im currently seeking expressions of interest for a Pathfinder campaign Id like to run in the near future. The campaign will start at Level 1 and use material from the Core Rulebook and APG. The setting will be loosely based in Golarion, though only so much as the deities and maps suit the campaign. Much of it, including the adventure, will be custom.

At this stage, Im planning to play on either Friday or Saturday nights (or a combination of these) between 8pm - 11pm GMT or something similar via some kind of voice/text chat platform. Im yet to decide how many players is ideal, though I am considering using Gestalt rules to allow a wide array of options with both players and characters. Anyone interested can find more info on Gestalt over here: Gestalt Characters (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm).

Players involved can expect a balance of lethal combat and solid interaction across a variety of environments. Naturally, mature players and those with Pathfinder experience are preferred and I'll take the time to choose a group of players I feel would best suit this campaign. I'm happy to include any mature content and themes if it works for all.

Id like a nice balance of lethal combat and strong roleplay within the group, so there will be more to this game than just kicking in doors and hacking down enemies. In this respect, I want characters with some depth and personality, history and motivations that I can draw upon to tailor the campaign to suit them. Similarly, I like to craft many of my NPCs to have more depth than the standard fodder. Whether the party is established or simply thrown together is up to the group itself.

For those who are interested in my DMing pedigree:
Im a 34 year old DM/player with 23 years experience with D&D and other systems. I like an old-school style of play that focuses more on the character than the stats and Ive run many games via PBP, chat and tabletop. If youre interested, available during the above times and willing to commit to a long-term campaign, please send me a PM/email or respond here.

All the best and thanks for reading. :wink:

EDIT: I'm going to say that this game idea has a few too many logistical concerns for my liking, so I'm going to shelve it for now.