PDA

View Full Version : Cthulhu / Aztec empire D&D Next campaign in Toronto, LFG or LFP

Transylanian
10-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi forum, I'm just a dude who's dying to play some D&D ! I moved to Toronto nine months ago for my dream job, but I don't really know anyone here and I miss playing D&D. I'm 35 and work in videogames, and have played D&D for 20 years. I like 3.x more than 4, but I am really enamoured with D&D Next more than both of those, it reminds me of a mish-mash of 2e and 3e, with some 4e innovations like at-wills for wizards (cantrips). I love it. It has old school classes, spells, and relatively simple combat that nonetheless allows some very interesting things to happen without too many rules getting in the way and slowing things down.

I tried the D&D Next rules in march at an Encounters event, and loved it. The final rules seem very old school and light-weight and kind of ideal (since it's free), for a quick campaign or some hack n slash and some RP too. I'm willing to DM, host at my place (though it's not very large, I do have a large gaming table suitable for 8 max), or be a player. I'm mobile and can also drive to join other D&D Next or PF/3.5 games.

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks. I have a module I created which could make the basis for an interesting campaign. Hint : It involves Cthulhu, mind flayers, and the aztec empire.

Ideally there would be 4-5 players + 1 DM (me or someone else).

Note this is NOT an online game. I tried 50 different permutations of my address and even nearby addresses and this website keeps telling me it's invalid.