I'm Caitlin, in West Lafayette, and I am saying hello! :biggrin:

TorteStone
10-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Hello Caitlin!

Welcome to the forums! Tell us a story.

-Will-

Arachnophile
10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Well, there was this one time where our party was supposed to stop an evil ritual to fuse the material plane with the abyss, but we went snowboarding instead because *someone* didn't tell the party their privileged information that there was a time limit. Man that was awkward. Then we had to go about trying to unfuse them...

nijineko
10-02-2013, 01:30 PM
heh. reminds me of the time the party let my sorcerer stand watch. my very low wisdom sorcerer. about the time the rope trick we were in was about to expire, the smoke he discounted as not meaning much since they were safe inside the rope trick had filled the area, replacing almost all the available breathable air.... and as we were underground and barricaded (ie: trapped) into a certain section, we had a doozy of a time getting out of it all.

the sorcerer has never been allowed to stand watch alone, again.

though my story is not nearly so drastic as a whole prime. what did the party do that said player / character?

(oh, and welcome to the forums! hope you find good game and gamer friends with us!) =D

ClydeBarbara
10-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Welcome aboard the forums,
Have fun out here and have a great stay.

TorteStone
10-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Awesome story! I remember I was playing a dwarven Wizard in D&D 3.5 who loved Fireball tossing, but had discovered Manyjaws http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/manyjaws--3539/ and had just scribed several scrolls of the spell.

When confronted with a solid black tomb-like building while exploring Rappan Athuk http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/12529/Rappan-Athuk-Reloaded?it=1 and decided to Manyjaws his way through it! Nom, nom, nom! Of course since it was Rappan Athuk, I think it was just filed with certain doom...

-Will-

Arachnophile
10-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Well only a section of the plane got fused before outside forces were able to stop the spread of it, but we were not pleased with that player. The character was harassed about it and every time we went up against a Maralith or Balor, he was treated to pointed stares, haha. We did eventually manage to defeat the demon army by using a combination of various mortal forces, a conscripted undead army, and judicious use of amplify voice and a feat that allowed bardic song to grant fire resistance.