PDA

View Full Version : Part 1, Act 2: Scene 1



Narayan
09-28-2013, 10:21 PM
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_MapofSionEasternHemisphere2.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/MapofSionEasternHemisphere2.png.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_OverlandMapofKingdomofVulkh_zps06c08861.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/OverlandMapofKingdomofVulkh_zps06c08861.png.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_CityofMasaeusDetailedFixed.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/CityofMasaeusDetailedFixed.png.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_LawsofVulkh.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/LawsofVulkh.jpg.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_PithisDeathList.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/PithisDeathList.png.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Places/th_TheSandDragonInnLowerFloor-1.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Places/TheSandDragonInnLowerFloor-1.jpg.html) http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Places/th_TheSandDragonInnUpperFloor.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Places/TheSandDragonInnUpperFloor.jpg.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_RuinsofSammuramat.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/RuinsofSammuramat.jpg.html)
Where: Continent of Akhenaten - Kingdom of Vulkh - City of Masaeus

When: 500th Year of the 3rd Age - Monday Night - April 9th
__________________________________________________ ____

[Experience Rewards Time]

-Cred = 2,000 xp +1 Character Point
-Emiko = 2,000 xp +1 Character Point
-Ivar = 2,200 xp +1 Character Point
-Purusartha = 3,000 xp
-Sauel = 2,600 xp +2 Character Points


We are on DDS 121 now on rolz.org... please everyone roll up new Fate Pools​.

Narayan
09-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Start of Scene 1_________________________________________________ ___

Emiko and Ivar reach the back entrance to the Sand Dragon Inn after they rush down the alley... leaving behind the corpses of Asher and Tix. Palenrian also is as good as dead, transformed into a statue. All at the hands of the Vulkyrie Mage and the ferocious half-dragon, half-Vul creature that appeared along with him.

But this is no time to mourn the fallen. Their current needs take precedence. Escape... survival... and hopefully a rendezvous with the others.

Daydreaming
09-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Emiko and Ivar reach the back entrance to the Sand Dragon Inn after they rush down the alley... leaving behind the corpses of Asher and Tix. Palenrian also is as good as dead, transformed into a statue. All at the hands of the Vulkyrie Mage and the ferocious half-dragon, half-Vul creature that appeared along with him.

But this is no time to mourn the fallen. Their current needs take precedence. Escape... survival... and hopefully a rendezvous with the others.
{Slumps to the ground leaning on the back wall of the inn. She reaches into her pack and pulls out Kitsune, cuddling her close. She closes her eyes for a moment and looks as if she might be praying.}

~We are alive for the moment Kit... Tix... he was such a sweet creature... he didn't deserve that! ...and Asher... We had only just met... Another dream burned to ashes because of me... I must learn more about the world if I am to survive this and avenge those who were so kind to me. How could I have been so stupid to use my powers in the dark where they could be seen so easily?!~

{Curls her free hand into a fist and slams it into the ground at her side in anger. You see it glow a light blue as she does this and it leaves a light scorch mark on the ground. Tears begin to slowly roll down her cheeks beneath her hood. She looks down straight in front of her staring at nothing, with her hood pulled up covering her eyes. Only showing the lower part of her face.}

"It was my fault... Ivar... Your friends... I'm so sorry..." she says without moving, still staring at the ground in front of her. "If you wish to strike me... please, go ahead... I should of been the one to die." She stands up putting Kitsune back into her pack as she moves. She moves closer to Ivar so he can unleash his anger on her if need be, with her face still half covered by her hood. "Please know that I will do anything I can to help avenge them, but I do not know much of this land and it's dangers. I fear I will only bring more pain and maybe even death to you and your surviving companions. If you wish me to leave I will understand. I... I await your judgement..." she bows her head down slightly towards Ivar awaiting his response.

~Please... Show me the path I am to take... Does it end here with my death? Or will I do great things and avenge those that have been lost? There must be some reason I was born this way... Am I a creature of good? Or of ...evil?~

Narayan
09-29-2013, 04:24 PM
It is no easy task sneaking back to Purusartha's safehouse this time. The whole city watch has been mobilized to comb the streets and alleyways, overseen by the dreaded Vulkyrie who circle above like hungry raptors. The whole time, Purusartha uses every trick at his disposal to mask or hide your scent trail. Meanwhile, self-deprecating thoughts fill Purusartha with anger and sorrow. This was a terribly unfortunate turn of events.

~One of them for three of us, not a worthwhile exchange. We failed... no, I failed. It should have been ME who perished back there. Now we're lost... without Asher there is no claim to the throne. And without his relics, the key to Hezek's hidden treasury is lost, which would have gone a long way to financing a war against the Vulkyrie.~

Purusartha reaches a hand up to Sauel's shoulder, halting him for the moment, gesturing to an empty butchers shop.

Purusartha: "It's too dangerous to stay out on the streets any longer tonight. Let us take shelter here in this empty shop. There's nothing of great value inside, and the owner is a friend of mine so he won't mind. Sometimes when I go out hunting and he isn't around he lets me use his shop. I have my own key. Kobold, forgive me I do not know your name? You should take shelter with us as well. I wouldn't dream of abandoning you to your own fate after helping us escape the way you did."

voidoblivion
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Crdechzkragar: Thank you. He answers the elderly ranger in common, gladly accepting the offered shelter. These men were Ashers conspirators, but he knew very little about them. His first order of business would be deciding for himself if they should be his conspirators as well?

Moving into the safety of the shop, he looks over the pair of humans who are both seriously injured. He decides to wait before putting healings hands on them until he both has their permission, and decides they are worthy. Sadly, it is clearly too late for the third man they carried. Their thoughtfulness in safeguarding the mans corpse was touching. He wondered what sort of man he was? The attack they just witnessed was clearly very traumatic for everyone. Nerves were raw, and moral was low.

After they'd settled in a back, windowless room he decided the time was right to address the elderly ranger with the striking eyes of dissimilar color. The younger one clearly regarded this elder with respect, so Cred would do the same for the time being.

My name is Crdechzkragar, but you can call me Cred. I am a servant of Userrwroth, the god-servant of true dragons, the Vul-Slayer. I realize the death of Asher must be a shock and a disappointment to you. I am aware of his true identity and what he represented, but do not lose hope. Userrwroth is a stronger ally than he could ever be. He sent me to aid him, but I will endeavor to carry on without him, and I hope we can continue to be allies? Until then please allow me to heal you and your friends.

rtcvb32
09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Sauel felt exhausted, the poison still ran through his system that had weakened him earlier. True even at this weight it wasn't that big an exertion, but his wounds on his body told him he needed rest and fairly soon. Sauel lost track of himself, just moving to follow at the motions of Purusartha and only coming back to himself once they entered the butcher shop where they would be resting for a while. Sauel put down the dead weight of Yorick and sighed, feeling better if only that his aching muscles got a rest.

A whimper from Rabi nearby told him of his companions unease, maybe it was the scent of blood, or maybe it was the tension in the air of being on the run, he wasn't sure. "Rabi, it's alright.. Rest, we'll be good in a little bit after we rest..."

The last thing Sauel could remember regarding Asher was he went on a side mission to the inn, to prevent an assassination while Sauel himself went to prevent another one. This made him frown as he thought a few moments trying to remember what all they had. ~Invisibility ring.... And that hat that changed his appearance...~ items that could have been useful, but as the leader he got the best picks, well... had the best picks.

"Purusartha... IS he dead? Or could that have been an illusion?".

Sauel turned his attention to Cred who seemed both patient and understanding, and could only nod his head in appreciation to the offer of healing, his own magical powers with healing had been exhausted (Sauel not being a true cleric couldn't just sacrifice his abilities in exchange for healing). "Yes, healing is probably a good idea, a good time to rest and lick our wounds..."

Sauel's attention returned for a few moments to Yorick, he barely knew him, and yet he wondered if their kinship was strong enough. Sauel didn't look forward to 'disposing' of his body, which could include what other's considered cannibalism (for those not being born with more animalistic natures). This would depend heavily on what Purusartha thought, and he decided on.

voidoblivion
09-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Wit the nod and go ahead form Sauel to heal him,he steps forward and says a prayer to Userrwroth, asking for divine healing for Sauel. (11hp back) as he also waits to see if others have questions for him or if Purusatha has anything more to say concerning any changes to current plans.

Narayan
09-29-2013, 10:29 PM
"Purusartha... IS he dead? Or could that have been an illusion?".

Purusartha: "I can't say, I didn't see it with my own eyes... it was that lordly looking fellow who told us, but I think Cred here also watched it happen? Maybe Ivar too, but I don't know what happened to him either?!" Purusartha groaned clenching his fist.


Sauel's attention returned for a few moments to Yorick, he barely knew him, and yet he wondered if their kinship was strong enough. Sauel didn't look forward to 'disposing' of his body, which could include what other's considered cannibalism (for those not being born with more animalistic natures). This would depend heavily on what Purusartha thought, and he decided on.

Purusartha: Takes notice of the way Sauel looks at Yorick. "...He's not gone yet..." Purusartha says encouragingly. "He's capable of regenerating, it's that curse that's the problem. A powerful cleric should be able to cure him."

Purusartha sighs, resting his forehead in his hand. "That ***** Kasha and those god damned wererats will pay for this... if she didn't start fighting with us that Vulkyrie guard shouldn't have noticed us... and that mage, he's not just any mage... I got a very bad feeling about him... How did he kill Asher exactly?" He asks Cred.

voidoblivion
09-29-2013, 11:48 PM
hearing that one of them may not actually be dead but cursed he moves over to Yorick. Pausing he looks to the others. It is dark and evil magic used upon the children of dragons. they are twisted to the will of the Vul. It must be stopped. *he says his voice heavy with emotions* Now please I will call upon my God to help Yorick, for at least the wisdom to where I can get his cursed removed. Is Kasha for or against the Vul? He says as an after thought while he moves to pray over Yorick

Kneeling next to Yorick he clasp the holy artifact and in draconic prays to Userrwroth. Userrwroth I am asking for you power to shine and prove that you are truly by divine right greater than the god of the Rat people, Free Yorick of the curse so that he may fight in the cause to destroy the Vul and bring Vengeance for the children of the Dragon. Guide me so I may do you will in this and free Yorick of this foul vile curse.

Narayan
09-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Is Kasha for or against the Vul? He says as an after thought while he moves to pray over Yorick

Kneeling next to Yorick he clasp the holy artifact and in draconic prays to Userrwroth.

Purusartha: Watches Cred closely, more out of fascination than suspicion.

A palpable feeling of tenseness and chill begins to ebb away from the air as Cred's hands glow with divine power, exorcising the evil taint from Yorick's body. Yorick's skin color blushes noticeably almost immediately as his regeneration begins to work.

Purusartha: (Knowledge Check, DC 17: 15+2 =17, SUCCESS) "I have heard mention of your god before Cred. It is said that he has sworn Vul as his enemies and wishes to see them exterminated! That is an ethos I can appreciate. But I do not know much more about him beyond that. I have not often pondered the motivations of deities, so mysterious and far above mere mortals like myself... especially those of other races..."

Purusartha pauses to clear his throat.

Purusartha: "...No offense Cred, but Kobolds are not typically so eager to help the likes of men like us. You say your god wanted to help Asher? Because he was conspiring to overthrow the Vul no doubt? Well what would we have to do to earn more of his favor? Speaking for myself I think its a miracle that you appeared when you did, and I am very grateful to you, and your god."

Purusartha: "As for your other question about Kasha and the Vul, Kasha did not battle us in the streets because she wanted to attract their attention. Wererats have no love for the Vul, but nor will they stand against them. They prefer to keep underground, both literally and metaphorically, and avoid confrontation with them whenever possible."

Purusartha: Sighs. "In all honesty, I feel we are more to blame for their attack then the wererats were. Asher should not have been using magic so blatantly. Bright spells in the dark of knight can be likened to lighting off fireworks. Vulkyrie will spot that from a great distance."

rtcvb32
09-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Sauel gives a slow controlled breath out, and then sighs as he sees Yorick's body return to life once more. It was one thing to hear about the strength of regeneration to happen, and it was another entirely to witness it yourself. With the curse gone from Yorick it meant he now could heal properly, and heal he would. Sauel also felt a little better not having to worry about how to deal with Yorick's corpse.

"I thank you Cred, I feared my new friend was dead, but it seems his body is as Hardy as his spirit."

Sauel gave Rabi a few pets to calm his animal companion. Beyond that it was interesting to listen to Cred and Purusartha talk, the knowledge that Asher may have accidentally caused his own demise was unsettling, but it made perfect sense especially with how sensitive he was as a were, those that are more specialized could be even more so.

voidoblivion
09-30-2013, 07:06 AM
After Userrwroth shows his divine perfection and heals Yorick he then sits and listens to Purusartha, nodding again before he comments.

I understand, Kasha, like so many others, is a coward before the Vul and cannot be trusted. On the subject of my people, that is a two way street. Kobolds are taught to fear man just as man is taught to fear us. Yet I hope to discredit some of the rumors of my people. Now on the subject of Userrwroth...

He smiles and settles in to tell them some basics.

Userrwroth is as you said, a deity primarily known to Kobolds, for once he was a Greater Kobold, just like the ones Userrwroth summoned to attack that mage. Long ago, he risked his life to help a dragon who was being attacked by Vul. For this he was regarded as an honored servant by dragonkind. That relationship, of great benefit to both races, has carried on ever since.

Userrwroth was granted divinity by the dragon gods when he convinced many other Kobolds to take up his dogma. War against the Vul is half of it, and service to all true dragons is the other. I admit, followers of Userrwroth like myself are more open minded than other Kobolds. We are willing to make allies of all sorts willing to help destroy the Vul.

Asher was born of dragons blood, he not only deserved the right to be king, but was blessed by the gods of the dragons. For this my people were sworn to help him. Yes, he is gone, but his cause should not die with him. Userrwroth has decreed this!

You may not believe me, but I know your quest is blessed. I consider us all children of the dragon. Those ancient ones were the first creatures to rule the land and explore the cosmos. We lesser beings merely subsist in the shadow of their greatness! In this Userrwroth is like you and I, for we all are but servants of true dragons.

I believe those who acknowledge this are blessed because the enemies of dragons are also their enemies, none more so than the Vul. All of you that dwell here have real cause to hate the Vul. But you few are truly brave for taking it upon yourselves to fight them. However you were not fully aware of their heinous nature, or prepared against it, and that is why Asher fell.

Among dragons, there is no greater sin than raiding dragon nests and stealing their precious eggs. Vul consider dragon eggs a delicacy, the same with their wyrmlings whenever they can manage to capture one. Vul make no secret of this and have been doing it for as long as they could manage it. Here in the safety of their own kingdom however, they have apparently been up too far worse.

You did not see the monster that killed Asher, but it is an abomination of an experiment mixing the blood of Vul with that of dragons! It is a mockery of all that is holy, and certain to be the worst evil we have ever faced. Asher was just the first to die at the feet of this abhorrent creature... this creation they call a VulDrake... but I am certain he will not be the last.

Neither Userrwroth, dragonkind, or even the dragon gods themselves can abide this. It is the final straw, with this the Vul have finally gone too far! Mark my words, there shall be a reckoning! And WE should be the instruments of justice against them!

Userrwroth blesses us, even if you do not worship him as your god, because you honor him with your assistance in this endeavor. We should not allow Ashers death to snuff out the hope of a better future! A future without Vul!

Narayan
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Purusartha: Nods in agreement. "I agree with you wholeheartedly. I've made it my mission to destroy the Vul, now more than ever! I don't see how I could feel any other way with the monstrous evil they've demonstrated tonight."

"As I said I appreciate and respect Userrwroth, but it is easier for a Kobold to speak of dragons with such reverence. Sauel and I, and our wounded friend Yorick here, have other ties. We are lycanthropes, we share the blood of wolves not dragons. We've never even seen a real dragon much less spoke with one. The closest we've come is meeting a half-dragon like Asher."

"For now, I have no problem being allies with you and your deity, or whomever will help us overthrow the Vul. But I respect the right of the Summaran people to choose their ruler afterwards, not you or I. If we can agree on that, I do not see why we can't be friends."

shadovar
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Ivar: Ivar looks at the woman crying and sympathizes, his own mind is a rush of a fear and excitement, but he shows none of this on his dwarven face. The culture he was raised in had no room for this form of weakness.

"Stop your whining Emiko, it will only attract more attention. You will face no judgement from me. Accept your mistakes and make penance for them. Remember what has happened this night, remember our fallen friends. In battle if your banner falls, you must pick it up. Do this and your fallen comrades can ask no more of you. Asher has fallen, it is up to us to carry on with his cause. "

Ivar looks around, the action betraying his nervousness."Hurry let us enter this place and seek refuge." With this he turns and enters the building proper sticking close to the wall as he turns down the basement stairs and waits for Emiko to follow him down. As he waits he rips some of the cloth of his already tattered clothes and attempts to bind his wounds. {Heal check=20}

voidoblivion
09-30-2013, 08:46 PM
he nods to the words spoken.

Neither of our people have right to rule them, they must choose there own. May haps once this is all done and over with Man will look upon our people in a new light without fear. Yet I ask that once this is over for us to build a shrine overlooking these lands in honor to Userrwroth, and those who have fallen, so there songs will not be forgotten. The message of a brother hood of different races standing together with a common cause forged in their blood gave freedom for generations to come. That those who gave all and with the blessing of Userrwroth will have brought peace to this land are not forgotten.

rtcvb32
10-02-2013, 10:56 AM
"A shrine, a brotherhood standing together of different races for a common cause. Sounds like we're trying to do a religious revolution.." Sauel comments half jokingly, with a few soft chuckles, before nodding. "But that does sound like a good idea."

Although before today Sauel hadn't heard of Userrwroth, from what Cred had said he knew he wouldn't mind paying some homage to the god. It wasn't unheard of for priests to worship or give thanks to multiple gods, and do a variety of ceremonies to those that were important.

Sauel gave Rabi a few more strokes on his head before standing and looking to Purusartha. "Does this shop have a bathing room or something? I could use some cleaning, maybe eat something before we sleep. Oh that's right.."

Sauel turns his attention to Cred for a little bit. "Do you have any berries? Well not exclusively berries, but something good berry (http://plothook.net/d20/srd/spells/goodberry.htm) can be cast on. If we're stuck here for a few days it would help with resources for a day or two..."

Daydreaming
10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Ivar: Ivar looks at the woman crying and sympathizes, his own mind is a rush of a fear and excitement, but he shows none of this on his dwarven face. The culture he was raised in had no room for this form of weakness.

"Stop your whining Emiko, it will only attract more attention. You will face no judgement from me. Accept your mistakes and make penance for them. Remember what has happened this night, remember our fallen friends. In battle if your banner falls, you must pick it up. Do this and your fallen comrades can ask no more of you. Asher has fallen, it is up to us to carry on with his cause. "

Ivar looks around, the action betraying his nervousness."Hurry let us enter this place and seek refuge." With this he turns and enters the building proper sticking close to the wall as he turns down the basement stairs and waits for Emiko to follow him down. As he waits he rips some of the cloth of his already tattered clothes and attempts to bind his wounds. {Heal check=20}
~Look at me... He is right! I am acting like a child... I don't want to be some useless burden! I want to do great things! Great deeds like in the stories... I need to learn how to be a great warrior... and this will be my first lesson. Maybe I can watch the others and learn from them... Oh.. The others! That's right we must find them and see if they are safe... There will soon be city watch everywhere looking for us... I had my hood on... Would they recognize me?! I must follow Ivar closely, he surely must have a plan.... He looks to be a great warrior.~

{She wipes the tears from her face with the sleeve of her haori and smiles at Ivar letting him know his words meant a great deal to her. She moves to follow Ivar and watches him bind his wounds.}

"We must find the others that were in the alley... It will take more than just the two of us to carry this 'banner' my friend." She says just loud enough for Ivar to hear her. She smiles thinking about the word 'friend'. "I apologize for my childish behavior. Your words are wise and I thank you for them. I hope that I can grow to be a better ally for your cause... I mean... Our cause, and I hope you do not mind that I call you my friend?" She says nervously.

~Maybe I should talk less... Ayumu always told me actions speak louder than words, and it seems every time I open my mouth I make myself seem like a childish idiot...~

shadovar
10-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Ivar: Ivar slumps down in a darkened corner and rasps out a sharp breath of pain.

"That must come latter. For now we must avoid capture and secure a safe way back to Wrusks Tannery. Hopefully we will find them there, if not then I have little hope of finding them in this city. Neither of us are familiar with these streets so we should seek the aid of those who do. Above in the inn, Cael seemed to be a friend of us both perhaps we can bother him and his brother for aid? Would you seek him out? I fear I would attract too much attention with my wounds. And yes of coarse you may call me friend Emiko, that spear you threw most likely saved me from a serious mauling by that dreaded creature."

He grows slightly more pale as more pain rips through his stomach. He fumbles out his potion of cure serious wounds and drinks it. He shudders as his wounds begin to grow closed and seems to almost pass out in the comfort of not being in pain anymore.

voidoblivion
10-03-2013, 06:41 AM
He shakes his head. All I have is a few days worth of dry rations. If need be I will sneak out and gather food for us.

rtcvb32
10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Sauel nods to Cred and scratches his neck a little sheepishly. "I'd have dry rations too, but I left most of my gear before going out last night, so spare food isn't huge an option... Unless this shop has dried or treated meat we could leave money in exchange for."

Sauel pauses a few moments as he remembers they got quite a bit from the assassin and made a note to go through it later that day. Depending on what he had packed with him could prove useful, although he wasn't a arcane spell caster so identifying things not in his genre of experience tended to be... insufficient. Poor Tix, the little Guy was such a helpful Guy for the few hours Sauel had actually met him and seen him work.

Narayan
10-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Purusartha: "No Cred that won't be necessary..." Purusartha says. "Even if I wasn't a werewolf I could smell that there's meat to be found in this shop." Picking up the candle to help him see he moves about the shop in search of food. However, the middle-aged Akhenaten seems morose and sore now that the adrenaline of the battle is wearing off. Slow to rise, he moves with tired, stiff-jointed limbs and heavy breathing. Hate and sorrow it seems did little to aid an aging body.

In the flickering shadows you hear a wooden cabinet door open. "Yep, looks like there's some good meat drying here..." He says. Then you hear what sounds like clay jars being opened. "Ah, and here's a cache of herbs and spices to go along with it."

Purusartha carries back a flank of Venison accompanied with samplings of herbs and spices to help salivate your palette. He also brings back a clay pitcher of clean water and some cups. "Oh, I almost forgot..." Purusartha says rummaging through more cabinets. "Yes!" He exclaims producing a bottle of rum. "...the shopkeeper likes to keep a bottle handy to share with friends." He explains taking a seat once more. "Apparently he picked up the taste for this stuff from some sailors on the docks. Can't say I blame him, its good stuff!" He says taking a swig straight from the bottle.

rtcvb32
10-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Sauel slipped out of the room when Purusartha went seeking refreshments. It wasn't long before he found the washroom, somewhere he could get cleaned up at. Soaps available enough that he made a few gestured summoning water to fill the bucket leaving a splash of water to hit the drain with the remainders of the water.

---

Sauel returned some ten minutes later in a set of clean clothes he had for backups, washed form head to toe. Scars on his body from the Silver were healing slowly, Cred's magic helped speed up the process. Something must have changed since the last moon as he could feel deep in him his beast, his darker half was stronger now, and along with it so was his healing as it seemed to jump up a few degrees after a night of nearly getting poisoned and stabbed to death.

Returning to see and smell spices and the smell of dried food, fresh water, and a bottle of rum. By the time he got to it the bottle was at least half empty. Picking it up and sniffing at the intoxicating liquor he knew it wasn't a cheap drink, but neither was it 'royalty' worthy. With a metabolism almost too high you'd have to pretty much drink the whole bottle down quickly to really get drunk, or keep a good buzz.

Sauel upended the drink taking a good two swallows feeling the alcohol burn in his throat and make him cough a little from the drink before putting it back down to take some of the meat.

For a moment he was startled to see Cred once more. It did raise a few questions. Sitting down next to the kobold he took a bite of the meat. "I hate to make you repeat yourself, but could you explain how you came about to the street and joined us...?". Although Cred had said he was against the Vul, and something involving Asher, it seemed there were a few missing pieces to the puzzle that explained his presence. He would welcome him regardless, but was his appearance a little too... convenient?

voidoblivion
10-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Crdechzkragar: looks at Sauel.

You could say I found Asher through Userrwroths divine guidance. I was at the Inn before the battle seeking Asher, as he was the one Userrwroth originally sent me to assist. I met Tix and Emiko first by chance while Asher was speaking with Palenrian. I then left the Inn accompanying Asher and the others to assist you in the battle with the Wererats, before we were all ambushed by the Vul.

rtcvb32
10-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Sauel nodded. ~So he joined us just last night since the battle....~ Sauel thought to himself. Still things would progress very in very interesting directions now, he was beginning to put faith in the half dragon, the same faith Purusartha planned to give him. But for now that was gone.

Narayan
10-05-2013, 07:35 PM
The mood inside the Sand Dragon Inn is in a state of flux as rumors of the battle down the street start to float in. Patrons begin to get nervous and fearful. You overhear frightened voices start to speak out..."A dragon?!!! Here?!!!" ..."What do you mean the Vulkyrie are killing people in the streets?!"

Cael and Caelim are clearly agitated watching frightened patrons start to leave. Any reports of Vulkyrie killing people in the streets will strike a nerve in citizens of this kingdom. It happens all too often, a fear they all share. Some clearly feel it is best to go home while they still can. By the looks of it, probably half the people here in the common room for drinks and conversation will soon be leaving.

Daydreaming
10-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Ivar: Ivar slumps down in a darkened corner and rasps out a sharp breath of pain.

"That must come latter. For now we must avoid capture and secure a safe way back to Wrusks Tannery. Hopefully we will find them there, if not then I have little hope of finding them in this city. Neither of us are familiar with these streets so we should seek the aid of those who do. Above in the inn, Cael seemed to be a friend of us both perhaps we can bother him and his brother for aid? Would you seek him out? I fear I would attract too much attention with my wounds. And yes of coarse you may call me friend Emiko, that spear you threw most likely saved me from a serious mauling by that dreaded creature."

He grows slightly more pale as more pain rips through his stomach. He fumbles out his potion of cure serious wounds and drinks it. He shudders as his wounds begin to grow closed and seems to almost pass out in the comfort of not being in pain anymore.

~Oh no! I hope Cael is still there and willing to help... I hope Ivar will be ok...~

"Yes... Yes, I'll go ask him if he can help us get to Wrusks Tannery! Be safe til my return my friend!" She says quietly to Ivar as she heads to the common room.


The mood inside the Sand Dragon Inn is in a state of flux as rumors of the battle down the street start to float in. Patrons begin to get nervous and fearful. You overhear frightened voices start to speak out..."A dragon?!!! Here?!!!" ..."What do you mean the Vulkyrie are killing people in the streets?!"

Cael and Caelim are clearly agitated watching frightened patrons start to leave. Any reports of Vulkyrie killing people in the streets will strike a nerve in citizens of this kingdom. It happens all too often, a fear they all share. Some clearly feel it is best to go home while they still can. By the looks of it, probably half the people here in the common room for drinks and conversation will soon be leaving.

{Makes her way into the common room and notices people rushing to leave quickly in fear from the Vulkyrie incident. She tries to act like how the other common people are acting about it. She sees Cael and Caelin and makes her way over to Cael to speak to him.}

She waits for Cael to notice her and takes his hand in hers as she speaks. "Cael, I know you only met me tonight... But Ivar, the one who was talking with me before at the table... He is wounded... He told me I must get him safely to the Tannery, but I do not know this place or where it might be. I am deathly afraid of these Vul I hear are killing people in the streets!" she says in distress. "I am a young woman Cael and I do not wish to die in the streets tonight... Please, would you help me? Or do you know some nice person who can?" Before he can reply she interrupts remembering something else important. "Also, please, if I gave you some money... I need six rations... I will be more than willing to pay extra for them if it's a problem, but I fear that I won't be going out into the streets any time soon with what people are saying about these Vul, and I may need them until it is safer to visit an inn here again." she sighs in desperation. "I am so sorry to ask so much of you... But I don't know who else to turn to for help..." She let's her emotions build just enough to show tears in her eyes in hopes he might take pity and help her.

~Please help me.... Please help me...~

Narayan
10-06-2013, 02:10 PM
You feel the dour half dwarf's pulse quicken with your touch as you take his large, roughly calloused hand in yours. Above his thickly braided curly brown beard you even glimpse a reddening of his cheeks. His dark brown eyes, normally hard and suspicious, seem to soften as he looks at you.

Cael is handsome in appearance in much the same way dwarves are, with palpable qualities of toughness and courage seemingly grown into his strong, heavy build. But there is a simple innocence about him as well, a charming childish quality to his heart and mind that are simple and forthright helping him seem honest and trustworthy.

Cael: "I... I would be happy to help you my lady." He says swallowing heavily. "Please take me to your friend Ivar and I will see what I can do for you."

Narayan
10-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Purusartha's slouches heavily while his breathing grows shallow and his skin flushes with the warmth of the rum, clearly almost drunk now that he's nearly drained the bottle.

"Let me remind you Sauel..." He says almost slurring his words. "...Day after tomorrow there's a full moon. That means once we make it back to the safe house tomorrow we should make preparations for keeping underground and out of sight. Although..."

He pauses deep in thought, taking another swig.

"...on the night of the full moon senior members of the local werewolf-packs like to meet at a secret location outside the city for a gathering. I think they should be informed of tonight's tragedy and the attacks we've endured of late by the wererats."

"They may not offer to help us at all, and may even rebuke our efforts, but it's better that they know about what we're trying to do. At least then, at some point they might feel so inclined to aid in the cause. If they never hear about what we've gone through that might not ever happen. What do you think?"

Daydreaming
10-06-2013, 04:43 PM
You feel the dour half dwarf's pulse quicken with your touch as you take his large, roughly calloused hand in yours. Above his thickly braided curly brown beard you even glimpse a reddening of his cheeks. His dark brown eyes, normally hard and suspicious, seem to soften as he looks at you.

Cael is handsome in appearance in much the same way dwarves are, with palpable qualities of toughness and courage seemingly grown into his strong, heavy build. But there is a simple innocence about him as well, a charming childish quality to his heart and mind that are simple and forthright helping him seem honest and trustworthy.

Cael: "I... I would be happy to help you my lady." He says swallowing heavily. "Please take me to your friend Ivar and I will see what I can do for you."

~Yes!~

"Thank you so much! You're so sweet." she says as she hugs him quickly and wipes her tears away.

{She moves to take Cael to where she left Ivar in the back.}

rtcvb32
10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
"The full moon..." Sauel repeats slowly. The strongest nights usually for weres as the moon calls for them, and control even for seasoned and natural werewolves was much more difficult. It wasn't uncommon for most of them to change at some point during the night and go hunting, although what they hunted would be debatable.

As for where the Lunar-Planar was Sauel didn't know, but it was possible the converging energies of all the were's could lead him there, or perhaps it was far enough he wouldn't find it unless led to it. It was probably the latter as otherwise it might be too close to the city.

"The Alpha doesn't like you, hearing you stirring up confrontations with the rats or with the vul will likely make him uneasy. I'd recommend talking with.." Sauel paused as he searched his memory. "... Wrona, and get her opinion on the matter before bringing it before the pack."

Narayan
10-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Purusartha snorts. "Oh I'm not suggesting that I be the one to go before them. I'm sure I'd never get a chance to speak with the Alpha there, and even if I did, he's deaf towards anything I have to say. No... it's wisest for me to keep my distance from him... But you on the other hand... might have a chance to say a few words."

"I'm not even a natural born werewolf, odds are I won't be allowed on the holy ground that is the lunar-planar. You do not belong to his local pack either, but you are natural born, as is Yorick. And speaking of Yorick, I was going to ask you for a favor on his behalf."

"Bring him with you, and introduce him. Yorick isn't as familiar with our world as we are, he's vulnerable to all sorts of abuse, lies and tricks from those like Astaroth who've taken advantage of him. He needs the solidarity and safety a real pack can offer him."

"Now I'm not saying that Yorick won't make up his own mind about where he wants to live, or if he wants to join this pack, or your pack, or any such thing... I'm just asking that he be given recognition as a werewolf by other were's. Let him meet them, and see their way of life. It should be comforting and supporting for him, in his growth as a free man who's no longer a slave or a gladiator."

rtcvb32
10-06-2013, 09:43 PM
"My experiences show the Alpha is almost ALWAYS present. I'm not fully sure of the local pack's, but I'll agree you won't probably have a chance to speak."

Sauel looked to Yorick, he seemed the calmest now than he had been the entire time he knew him. He was getting a inflicted were's introduction into the life of being a lycanthrope. Although it wasn't a good case in that aspect, him being a slave and gladiator was probably his biggest 'free pass', as he couldn't be blamed for not knowing. He obviously held good control of his change, but not his emotions, still oddly enough Yorick probably had better control of his shifting than Sauel did.

"I'll support him as best I can. He really needs a year or two to come to terms, to grow out of his current survival mentality and find something he can do that would let him pass for human. If things are calm enough once we leave the city, I'll teach him how to hunt, how to stalk, how to survive in the wild..."

Sauel traced his fingers over the slave markings on Yorick's neck. They wouldn't provide him much protection at all, but a clear reminder where he came from. As sauel thought over combinations of how things could go, him being accepted was both good and bad as likely they would want Yorick to stay, yet Yorick's impression on Sauel was he wanted to travel and having such permission so quickly (or to go outcast) didn't seem like it would work. Still, "Our best chances are likely if we bring a gift, and act and be more like visiting members from another pack rather than have him join the pack (at least if we plan to venture together). But that's really up to Yorick."

Narayan
10-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Crdechzkragar: While Purusartha and Sauel discuss werewolf affairs you sense a warning from your holy item. The item doesn't speak to you telepathically of course, but rather through the more subtle means of empathy. Inexplicably you get the sudden feeling that someone was attempting to locate you and/or spy on you by means of magical scrying. However you know as long as you are wearing the item it will protect you from such things so it doesn't bother you much. Just a passing feeling to remind you that you are still in the good graces of Userrwroth's protection.

But then... you get the feeling that someone has found the werewolves by means of magical scrying. Which is interesting because normally the item would only tell you if someone attempted to scry on you. You can only surmise this means Userrwroth considers the werewolves important to your mission, and will look out for them as well, at least as long as they are with you most likely. However the fact remains that the item will not shield them from such things so long as they have not sworn their souls to Userrwroth.

[What do you do?]

voidoblivion
10-08-2013, 10:31 PM
He moves to each of the werewolves and places his hand upon them and says in draconic: Userrwroth hide them from those who seek them.(cast non detection on each of them ) He does it for each of them quickly. Then states: Its time to go, they have found us. Is there a secret way we can go?

Narayan
10-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Purusartha: "Damn it! How did they find us?? I used every trick I know to cover our scent!" Purusartha curses and struggles to rise. The rum has clearly affected his balance for a moment as he seems a bit shaky on his legs."We... we can slip out the back..." He grunts. "...but this is not good. I can't think of any more hiding places fit for all of us between here and the Tannery."

"Sauel, carrying Yorick over your shoulder will attract too much attention at this point. We'll have to speed up his regeneration process with more magical healing." Purusartha says as he kneels down by Yoricks side producing his last remaining healing potion and pouring it down his throat.

[Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: = 2d8+2 HP](Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds Roll: = +14 HP's)

As the healing magic begins to take effect Yorick groans while his hands clutch at his stomach as the gaping wound in his guts largely knits itself back together. His eyes snap open wide, as though still in shock and a state of horror. He stares at Purusartha, but clearly isn't fully cognizant when he asks...

Yorick: "Am I dead? Everything went black..."

Purusartha: "No my friend. You will live on. The curse on you has been lifted, thanks to our newfound kobold friend here."

Yorick: Swivels his head to glance at the Kobold mystified. "And the Vulkyrie??? I remember seeing one... he pointed at Tix, and there was a bright flash... that was the last thing I saw..."

Purusartha: "We escaped. Tix didn't make it I'm sorry to say, but I don't have time to explain. We have to keep moving. Can you stand?"

Yorick: Still clearly traumatized and in great pain, the big Ahuran manages to rise with a little help from Purusartha.

Purusartha: "Lean on Sauel if you feel weak Yorick. Everyone ready? Good, now follow me." Purusartha says moving to the back door of the butcher shop, locked from the inside. Rabi the wolf whines, seemingly reluctant to leave.

Purusartha blows out the candle before he grasps his short sword in one hand and pulls aside the lock with the other. As the door opens, a draft of cool night air blows inside. Rabi's whines louder as his ears fold down.

Without the candle light blinding your night vision, the back alley seems less ominous, but as eyes take a moment to focus you realize you are not alone! A cloaked figure stands against the other side of the alley, waiting for you to emerge.

However, the figure holds no visible weapons and doesn't move to attack or cast any spells. It simply says in a rather tense female voice.

Stranger: "Don't be alarmed, I'm not your enemy. Although, it does not bode well for you that I found you... I am merely an apprentice. My father could certainly do better. And if he had instead of asking me, you might all be dead by now..."

[What do you do?]

rtcvb32
10-09-2013, 02:59 AM
~Deuce~ Sauel cursed at hearing Cred's declaration of them being found out. (Spellcraft: 14) Sauel could recognize the general spell of non-detection put on them, making him realize their found location was done via magic. It should have been obvious as no new nearby scents had given their detector away, but currently being found out it was too late to do anything else.

Rabi's whining was never a good sign. "SSsshhh Rabi.." Sauel told his companion petting him on the head trying to calm the poor wolf's nerves (Handle Animal: 14), he felt he was somewhat successful, at least he wouldn't bolt or attack blindly.

Yorick awoke and his disorientation was well deserved, he had been dead afterall. Reaching down he helped Yorick as they left the building and into the dark alley once more. Finding their magical tracker so quickly was a little nerve wracking. Sauel had really hoped they had a few days to recover, the poison was going to keep giving Sauel issues for a while it seemed sapping his strength.

"Then I am thankful it is you and not your master who found us. If I may ask, if you are not our enemy, then are you our friend? Or someone who wishes to remain neutral?" (Sense motive: 24)

Sort of sad that the strongest of this rag-tag group happened to be the inflicted were. As for the position of whom had found them, could just be a sympathizer in one way or another. They would find out soon enough.

voidoblivion
10-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Seeing Yorik is still in pain he offers more healing (I was not aware he was that bad off or I would have healed him again a while before).

He stays hidden behind the group as he heals Yorik and listens to the new arrival that is claiming to be friendly. he then speaks from behind the group just loud enough for her to hear him.

How is your father fairing after the fight in the alley?

Narayan
10-11-2013, 04:15 PM
The stranger steps closer, reaching up to pull back the hood of her cloak revealing an attractive woman of delicate bone structure who is very pale skinned. (Unlike most of the local Akhenatens who are usually well tanned) It is obvious from the curve of her almond-shaped eyes and the high set of her cheek bones that she is a half elf. Her hair is brunette, thick and curly, which for the moment she's knotted behind her neck.

Stranger: "I am Thiara the sorceress, daughter/apprentice of Stethasriss, high mage and advisor to Baron Zomok. You should know your battle tonight was reported to the baron and raised his ire. Skirmishes in the streets of his fair city makes an impression that it's lawless and full of dangerous criminals, so he asked my father to look into it."

"However, my father is very busy and must sometimes relegate minor matters to others. Tonight he happened to ask me to come down and investigate in his stead because I am a capable caster in my own right. Fortunately for you, I rate my own ambitions higher than the Barons wishes."

"I don't claim to hold your interests higher than mine either, but since your enemies are also secretly my enemies, I am willing to consider an arrangement of mutual gain? Yet if its all the same to you, I'd rather talk inside."

[Sauel, your sense from your sense-motive check is that she's being honest and forthright with you. You detect no deception from her words or manner on first impression. However your gut also tells you that she's a serious person, extraordinarily confident and capable. (Especially considering her sex) It is likely she is dangerous when she puts her mind to it, and cunning enough to get her way most of the time. But the most telling tone to her voice is a selfish one. It's already clear to you that this woman is single-minded in her motives, completely lacking Wrona's compassion, and Kasha's luring sense of vanity also as a side note...]

voidoblivion
10-11-2013, 05:12 PM
~Yes he had been wrong in his assumption, but it did get a direct and honest answer fast. End result another possible Allie in the destruction of the vul.~ He steps back and away from the entrance so the others can make room for her to enter.

rtcvb32
10-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Animals are good judges of characters, or so Sauel had heard before, and he hoped he was a pretty good judge too. She appeared to be honest in her words which was good enough for him to move out of the night and back in where it was a little warmer and had a little more cover. And of course if anyone tried to scry on them again, they would be protected with Cred's magics, at least for a little while. If she was the only one looking for them, then they could relax a little bit.

"Inside does sound like the better choice..." Sauel answered with a smile. But where? It seemed the butcher shop was likely since it was already compromised as well as just around the corner (if they even left the corner), but Sauel certainly wouldn't want to bring unwanted ill omens on friends or their friend (whom he had never met). "If you have somewhere warm you'd like to talk, lead the way, otherwise I'm sure we have room in our hovel."

Narayan
10-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Thiara waits for Purusartha and everyone to step back inside before following. Then she shuts the back door again (but does not lock it) and leans against it. Purusartha again lights the candle, and everyone's eyes take a moment to readjust.

You can make out Thiara better now in the candlelight. Beneath her cloak she wears an unremarkable long-sleeved blouse and leggings that are loose enough to wear armor beneath them, though which type that might be is unclear.

Her belt, boots and gloves are all made from supple leather. She carries a pair of masterwork daggers on her hips and around her neck she wears a beautiful pendant inset with a modest but brilliantly sparkling emerald. Her eyes you notice now, are a grey-green color that give away little emotion.

She isn't very young, but her elven blood makes her age hard to pin down exactly.

Thiara: "Now I've told you who I am, but if we are to risk a proper conspiracy together I'd like to know more about who you all are? I guess we can start with you sir?" She asks Purusartha.

Purusartha: Clears his throat."My name is Purusartha. I don't mind telling you who I am as a gesture of good faith, but I would ask that you let my friends remain silent until you convince me it's worth the risk. I got them all into this mess, so it wouldn't feel right to me otherwise."

Thiara: "You feel obligated to look out for them huh? Because you're older and wiser no doubt..." she smirks "Well I suppose you could have done worse..."

Purusartha: "I'll take that as a compliment."

Thiara: "It wasn't. So you want more information from me first hmm? Well I suppose I can give you that much to start... I can see your small Kobold companion has some divine power..." she says eyeing him for a moment as if she could see far more about him than meets the eye "...but you could always use more friends in high places. My family has lived here a long while establishing our own network of informants and spies to rival those of the Vulfear. My father of course does not yet see you as allies, but if you convince me of your worth, I will do my best to convince him as well."

Purusartha: "And why would the barons high mage help us?"

Thiara: "For the same reason I'm willing to help you. We're not Vul, and we'd rather see them overthrown."

Purusartha: "I've heard many things about your father, but traitor wasn't one of them. Why would he risk so much? He's clearly not suffering now under the Vul, you might even say he's prospering."

Thiara: "I wouldn't say that. Everything my father has he's worked for honestly, and if you truly knew him like I do, you'd know he's done his best to avoid helping the Vulkyrie whenever he could. Serving the baron might seem like an evil thing in itself, but the reality is my father helps keep the city safer from the Vulkyrie."

Purusartha: "My dead friends might disagree with you, prince Asher especially..."

Thiara: For a moment she stares at Purusartha as though making up her mind about something. "I know what happened, more so than you in some regards... for instance, I know about the Vulkyrie Mage responsible."

Purusartha: Tenses, hate clearly rising up inside him."Tell me!"

Thiara: "I will, but first I want you to tell me something. You three are werewolves aren't you?" She asks glancing back and forth at the three humans.

rtcvb32
10-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Thiara was far too perceptive to be fooled by simple lies, denying what they were likely wouldn't get much on her good side, and she didn't appear to be in the mood to play games. That and so far she had been outright honest. Only Purusartha's request of them to remain silent kept him unsure how to proceed. Still they were trading information and you can't keep everything hidden, especially when a little divination could likely tell her the same answers, only it would cost more and she would be less inclined to help.

"I doubt feigning ignorance would work with you..." Sauel said slowly. He glanced at Purusartha a moment before finally nodding. "Yes we are werewolves, cursed to live between two worlds until the day we die; A bit like you..."

The last part was a double play on not only her position as helping yet being on the other side, but more as a half-elf where she is welcome by neither race and is only taken as an individual for hire most likely; It was likely a large determining factor for her very business-like demeanor. "Do you fear us?" Sauel asked, somehow it felt vampire-like and cliche to ask, but it seemed likely her distaste for the Vul far outweighed possibly having the Heebie-jeebies for a few lycanthropes.

voidoblivion
10-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Her observation was well placed yet as a spell caster she could have easily seen the kind of magic I have been using, so her noting such was not so much of a surprise, she probably has detect magic going, which only adds to how she would know things. Closing his eyes for a moment he says a prayer to Userrwroth, then opens his eyes again as he releases detect magic and looks at there new arrival. Beyond that small action he sits back quietly and listens, taking time to observe.

Narayan
10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Closing his eyes for a moment he says a prayer to Userrwroth, then opens his eyes again as he releases detect magic and looks at their new arrival. Beyond that small action he sits back quietly and listens, taking time to observe.

Thiara: (Spellcraft Check: Take 10+10 = 20, Success) Smirking, she almost laugh's as you attempt to detect magic on her but does nothing to interfere. "Very cute little Kobold. You think I'd let myself be so easily appraised by such a puny spell?"

[Cred: Roll a caster level check vs. DC 28]


Sauel: "I doubt feigning ignorance would work with you..." Sauel said slowly. He glanced at Purusartha a moment before finally nodding. "Yes we are werewolves, cursed to live between two worlds until the day we die; A bit like you..."

"Do you fear us?" Sauel asked

Thiara: "I fear you less then the vulkyrie, but I respect your strength. Yes you are a dangerous breed, but wererats are worse. Lycanthropes have always lived among us, everyone knows that, many just prefer not to think on it. The scary truth is however, that wererats rule the undercity and grow more numerous everyday."

Purusartha: Nods. "Yes, and there's one wererat ***** in particular I want to choke the life from with my bare hands!" He says balling his fists.

Thiara: Raises a brow. "Be that as it may... it's probably wiser not to get caught fighting them in the streets again.

Purusartha: "That wasn't our call! They ambushed us!" He says shaking his fist. "In any case, you were about to tell us the identity of that Vulkyrie mage weren't you?"

Thiara: "His name is Vulkerdrex the 'Drakenmage'. Infamous, even among vulkyrie mages, for his aberrant arcane experiments. That beast who killed prince Asher was his latest and most disturbing creation. Something he calls a VulDrake, a mix between a Vul and a dragon. That particular one is named Vulvivix, grown from a hatchling somewhere remote where it could be observed and trained, it is now well into maturity and very dangerous."

"It's clear he appeared here in Masaeus to kill prince Asher, but I only have theories about how he found him and from whence he came. The vulkyrie don't share much intelligence with non-Vuls, except sometimes with the Baron. Zomok doesn't always share everything he hears with my father either."

"After the battle earlier, Vulkerdrex himself came before the Baron in a rage. My sources tell me he was badly injured and very upset. He came close to threatening the baron with responsibility for the death of the vulkyrie guard you killed. But Zomok isn't so easily intimidated, even by the VulDrake circling his palace. Zomok is the most powerful non Vul in the kingdom after all."

"He could have executed Vulkerdrex for the insult, but since Vulkerdrex gets the credit for killing prince Asher, the timing wasn't good. So instead he threatened him with exile from the area and Vulkerdrex backed down. Apparently, he's so keen on revenge for nearly killing him earlier he wants to personally oversee the manhunt to bring you down."

"Baron Zomok agreed, on the condition that if he didn't manage it within a week he'd have to give control of the search over to prince Vuldraig. Prince Vuldraig if you didn't know is one of king Vulperion's heirs who resides here in Masaeus. I'd almost say its better for you that Vulkerdrex is in charge for the time being. Prince Vuldraig is far more competent in that regard, and he has many more friends and contacts locally that he could use against you."

"Of course, Baron Zomok would prefer that neither of them get the credit and so he's asked my father to look into it also. Seems like it's just politics for the Baron though, if he really wanted to come after you he has his own people he could rely on. Be glad you're not on his list of enemies yet. But that all depends I suppose on what you intend to do next?"

rtcvb32
10-12-2013, 08:21 PM
As Sauel listened to Thiara's story he found he rather enjoyed her explanations and stories of what was going on. Informative, not watered down, and yet just enough to bait you for more. She would be a great asset to any organization. Her view of them as a lesser threat seemed a good thing somehow, having less of a fear effect than other prey species.

"Actually our fight in the street probably could have been unnoticed, but someone started using fire.... not us mind you... but someone..." Actually Sauel didn't know who specifically never having met the man, or their newest companion that Cred and Asher had somehow managed to secure before Asher's demise.

"So for what we are going to do. Personally I'd like to detox and lick my wounds for a week, but I don't think that's an option from your story, beyond that..." There was also the full moon in two days as Purusartha had brought up, but being out of town within two days seemed unnecessary to bring up.

"Do you have any recommendations? Hopefully something that can bring the manhunt to a stop as well as stay under the radar, or better yet get under the Baron's graces?" The idea of having the mage taken out seemed a halfway interesting idea, but the rag-tag team of their four could barely be enough in an ambush, but the vul's words of detecting them in the alley told him sneaking up on a Vul was unlikely.

"Or maybe you'd rather be a contact for us over the mutual enemy..?" ~The enemy of my enemy is my friend...~

voidoblivion
10-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Cred: 1D20 => 19+3 = 22 (Creds spell check)

Since it was such a harmless spell, as you should know it to be. What have you to hide? it was not a test of strength but a check to see how much truth you are speaking. much can bee seen about a person by what they have upon them. But by all means be little the kolbold, I could be one of your greatest allies yet assumptions were made. So please talk to the others for I am obviously of no important, probably nothing more then a Pet for the Werewolves to play with. We do need friends in this struggle, those friends must be willing to know that all races here are in a struggle against the Vul, and many deities, especially those of the Dragon are against the Vul. I am sorry i interrupted you. what were you saying?

Narayan
10-13-2013, 01:18 AM
(Caster Level Check: 19+3 = 22)

Crdechzkragar: "Since it was such a harmless spell, as you should know it to be. What have you to hide? it was not a test of strength but a check to see how much truth you are speaking. Much can bee seen about a person by what they have upon them. But by all means belittle the kolbold, I could be one of your greatest allies yet assumptions were made. So please talk to the others for I am obviously of no import, probably nothing more then a pet for the Werewolves to play with."

"We do need friends in this struggle, those friends must be willing to know that all races here are in a struggle against the Vul, and many deities, especially those of the Dragon are against the Vul. I am sorry i interrupted you. What were you saying?

Thiara: "I'm sorry to have offended you, I make it a habit to keep my magical aura's hidden precisely because they give away so much information about me.The vulkyrie found you earlier because someone flashed too much magic, and you want to scold me for trying to be discreet with it? Forgive me but that makes no sense."

"I don't know the first thing about you, so yes perhaps I was hasty making a snap judgement that you were being silly casting that spell at me... But would it be too far off for me now to say that you are being a tad touchy?"



Sauel:"Actually our fight in the street probably could have been unnoticed, but someone started using fire.... not us mind you... but someone..."

"So for what we are going to do. Personally I'd like to detox and lick my wounds for a week, but I don't think that's an option from your story, beyond that..."

"Do you have any recommendations? Hopefully something that can bring the manhunt to a stop as well as stay under the radar, or better yet get under the Baron's graces?"

"Or maybe you'd rather be a contact for us over the mutual enemy..?"

Thiara: "If they capture you alive, the vulkyrie will torture you in unspeakable ways, tie you to posts, and parade your barely-conscious mutilated bodies through the streets of the city as a warning to others. However that is just a precursor to their favorite part, the public feast, where they bloody their beaks on your innards, flesh and bones... Knowing that, can you really think of any reason why they'd stop the manhunt?"

"The Vul live to hunt! From the first day they can fly they are told to find their own food or starve. It's no accident the young ones usually end up preying on humans. We're easy to catch, especially children... The only reason they don't all feed on us exclusively is because King Vulkh decree'd that taboo a thousand years ago."

"He knew his kind had much too great an appetite and his subjects would soon revolt. But ever since his reign ended, there have been incidents where his taboo has been ignored... I will spare you the details... suffice to say, the unwritten history of this kingdom is quite macabre."

"Over the centuries however, caveats to Vul Law were introduced to allow them a little taste now and then. Usually its criminals that are targeted, but there are rumors now that some of the sickly are dragged away from their beds for a much quicker death. In any case, my point is, once you give them an excuse to feed on you they won't stop thirsting for your blood. So you might as well give up on the notion that they'll give up."

rtcvb32
10-13-2013, 04:47 AM
The vague descriptions of flesh innards and bloody beaks being fed from humans made him swallow uncomfortably, unfortunately it wasn't from being a distaste for the idea. As a were occasionally it was unavoidable to eat your enemies, sometimes even humans. Sauel himself didn't consider humans a source of food or hunting, but that didn't mean his inner beast shared his ideals.

"I... see..." Sauel spoke slowly, letting his hand drift down to give Rabi a few rubs on the head keeping him calm and occupied.

"So this is bound to escalate worse and worse as long as they have something to chase..." he continued a train of thought. The idea suddenly of leading a party of Vul into the Lunar-Planar where they could be annihilated sounded surprisingly fun, where likely hundreds of Were's were present. He wouldn't want to attempt such a feat without careful preparation.

"Back to my other question. DO you have any recommendations?"

Narayan
10-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Yorick: grimaces and clenches his jaw as Thiara speaks, clearly still slightly traumatized, and he didn't even see the worst of the battle...

"They are monsters! I want to kill them all!" He spits out vehemently.

Purusartha: leans over to place a comforting hand on Yorick's shoulder.

Sauel: "I... see..." Sauel spoke slowly, letting his hand drift down to give Rabi a few rubs on the head keeping him calm and occupied.

"So this is bound to escalate worse and worse as long as they have something to chase..."

"Back to my other question. DO you have any recommendations?"

Thiara: "It looks to me like you should lay low for a couple days. Your clearly shaken, and scattered, there should be more of you if I'm not mistaken? I'm impressed you managed to kill a vulkyrie guard and escape from the likes of Vulkerdrex and his VulDrake with only two casualties."

"I say two because the human who was turned to stone could be transformed back to flesh rather easily by Vulkerdrex. I'd consider him captured, not dead. It may be that he has to suffer the awful treatment I described sometime tomorrow after the sun rises. You should assume they will learn whatever information he knows, just as a warning..."

"You've poked the hornets nest for sure, the vulkyrie are enraged to a level you rarely see. They're happy about prince Ashers death yes, but that alone won't sate their taste for blood or their desire for a good hunt."

"If you're willing, I'll help you do more damage. And I'm not alone. There are plenty of others who hate the Vul like we do. We may not be ready for a mass uprising yet, but I'd like to hearken that day forth as soon as possible."

"For now, I propose lure-and-ambush tactics. The vulkyrie these days are very arrogant. They hate to see one of their own killed because it makes them look weak. You see how they act when just one of them is slain? Do that often enough, and it'll ruin their discipline without risking a lot on your part."

rtcvb32
10-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Yorick's outburst of hate caught Sauel's attention for a few seconds before returning to the half-elf. Her reply that she was interested in helping lash at the angry hornets nest brought a smile to his lips, but he could tell this was going to be very rogue like, probably that if they were caught that she had nothing to do with them. Very political, very Barron-like as well.

"I'd love to lay low, but if you found us, then they would likely employ similar tactics in the days to come, maybe even now...". The poison used by the were-rats seemed underhanded, but the underground pack was likely stronger and in some ways more drow-like (at least in legend). He made a mental note to get several more vials of anti-venom which seemed so helpful in the last fight. "I doubt we will have time to stay low, but I assure you we won't be waving fire magic in the open streets."

Sauel knew of the stone-to flesh magic (and it's opposite) and knew their possible comrade was in bad shape if he was brought back, better it would be to destroy him as a statue than let the Vul torture him, he could have just been an innocent who hated the Vul (Sauel afterall doesn't know many of the details).

"An ambush? Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing... How big an arrogant would their search party be?". Ten times the number would be a good number for an ambush, and were's would almost ensure survival. It was possible even a temporary truce with the were-rats was in order for this.

"More importantly though, I wouldn't wish a fate of torture and being eaten alive by anyone. A Mercy killing or rescue seems the most... virtuous. Could also be worked into a chase for an ambush. Do you think he would be guarded lightly enough for such a mission to take place? Probably better to cast a fireball and destroy his statue than actually take on all of the Vul in the area and save him". Sometimes you had to be practical, and Sauel was willing to be very very practical if need be, like with the assassin earlier.

voidoblivion
10-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Do you know if they have moved the statue of our friend yet? If they have not I can move it to safety. any information he has on us is vital they do not get it from him.

Narayan
10-13-2013, 04:11 PM
"I'd love to lay low, but if you found us, then they would likely employ similar tactics in the days to come, maybe even now... I doubt we will have time to stay low, but I assure you we won't be waving fire magic in the open streets."

Thiara: "Well I presume you have a better place to hide than this at least? If not, I can provide some shelter for you."


"An ambush? Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing... How big an arrogant would their search party be?"

Thiara: "For now their search party will be as large as Vulkerdrex can manage which is both good and bad. It's good in the sense that the individual vulkyrie that are part of the search are probably just volunteers. Guards that want to avenge their comrade, glory-seekers who have little real investiture in the mission and are just eager to make a name for themselves."

"But of course having so many eyes on the lookout will make it harder to move around for the time being. That's the bad thing. However if Vulkerdrex fails to find you within a week and has to depart, then most of those vulkyrie that were allowed to volunteer as part of his search will be forced to return to other duties."

"Then prince Vuldraig is certain to take over and that will be more dangerous for you. He won't use as many vulkyrie in his search efforts, but he won't need too. He'll rely on his contacts and informants among the Vulfear to track you down, and then come after you with a smaller, more elite group of Vulkyrie that you'll never see coming."


"More importantly though, I wouldn't wish a fate of torture and being eaten alive by anyone. A Mercy killing or rescue seems the most... virtuous. Could also be worked into a chase for an ambush. Do you think he would be guarded lightly enough for such a mission to take place? Probably better to cast a fireball and destroy his statue than actually take on all of the Vul in the area and save him"


Crdechzkragar:"Do you know if they have moved the statue of our friend yet? If they have not I can move it to safety. any information he has on us is vital they do not get it from him."

Thiara: Frowns. "I'm sorry for your friend, but a rescue operation is completely unrealistic. Trying to get near him right now would be suicide. He's been taken to the Vulkyrie headquarters, an impregnable stronghold, and won't be seen again until they've finished interrogating and torturing him."

"The only way to save him would be powerful magic. Something like a Wish spell, or perhaps a bargain with a demon god... they don't expect you are that powerful so it should catch them off guard. But frankly, it's beyond the abilities of a mere apprentice like myself... My father could do it, but he won't stick his neck out for you yet, I'm sure about that..."

Purusartha: Scratches his beard and speaks up. "Moakh could do it..."

Thiara: Looks a bit surprised. "He's a friend of yours?"

Purusartha: Sighs. "He was my friend and mentor, long ago when I was young, but much has changed since then."

Thiara: "He serves the lord of the undercity now, king Kyser, does he not?"

Purusartha: Nods."Yes, but he was not always his head mage/advisor. He was just a shopkeeper when I met him, but that's a long story."

Thiara: "And you think he'll help? King Kyser is a wererat, Moakh as well if rumors are true. I'm sure I don't have to remind you of your feud with them?"

Purusartha: "It's not Kyser I'm feuding with actually. It's Kasha and the Cult of Vermithrax."

Thiara: Shakes her head incredulously. "It still sounds risky. Delving into the undercity with the blood of wererats splattered on your clothing could be just as dooming for you as vulkyrie headquarters."

rtcvb32
10-13-2013, 04:40 PM
An impenetrable fortress sounded foreboding and only a suicide mission could be possible, unless they were so over confident they would expect no one to ever attack or invade. Had he been alpha, it could be an option, but he was far too low a level for such a feat. A wish spell was overpowered and unrealistic, however something similar could be used, something to tear his soul from his body so the moment they turned him back from stone he would fall dead; Resurrection could always fail since the soul or spirit had to willingly return and could refuse based on any reason imaginable. It wasn't a good train of thought, but it was better than letting him be tortured.

Sauel's thoughts went briefly to what Yorick could have suffered and shivered, having almost left him behind thinking him dead. Yorick already had a tortured life as a slave in a life of constant battle and pain.

A large search party meant they might be harder to move, but other areas of the city and area would have much less attention on them, a good number of distractions could work but he doubted they had any real time to take advantage of any good mindsets of that nature.



Thiara: Shakes her head incredulously. "It still sounds risky. Delving into the undercity with the blood of wererats splattered on your clothing could be just as dooming for you as vulkyrie headquarters."

"Not everyone has blood splattered on them..." Sauel gave her a few moments to take notice all of his clothing although not in perfectly new condition was indeed very clean and had been stored in his extra bag for clothing in cases he would lose them, such as in a recent fight or an accidental (yet rare) change. "I would prefer to brave the sewers than the streets or fortress with the Vul". A lesser of two evils.

As for a place to stay, that was Purusartha's call, although Sauel was willing to risk his own neck a little to this half-elf he had only met he doubted his teacher would take that risk.

~Regardless we have almost no time before we have to do something...~ Sauel's thoughts went on. Perhaps it was time to go through the equipment they picked up again and see if there was anything really useful.

voidoblivion
10-13-2013, 09:19 PM
He looks between them all. Can your wererat friends get me a map of the sewers that run through the city and under the strong hold?

Narayan
10-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Crdechzkragar: He looks between them all. Can your wererat friends get me a map of the sewers that run through the city and under the strong hold?

Purusartha: Scoffs. "There's only one wererat I could consider a friend. The rest I'd rather kill these days."

Yorick: (Wisdom check, DC15: 15+0 =15, Success) The big Ahuran frowns deeply before grinding is teeth. "Going after more wererats is fine with me. I will make the Cult of Vermithrax pay for making me suffer like that! ...Purusartha, are you still carrying those unholy items that cursed me? The pair I found on that cultist that I foolishly touched with my bare skin?"

Purusartha: Blinks and glances down at a heavy belt pouch at his waist. "Yes I do Yorick. It's been so hectic since Shajarians flat I almost forgot. Although, I didn't realize your ordeal was the result of their curse until after you collapsed."

Thiara: "For divine casters, holy and unholy items represent their deity. They are loathe to have them stolen or mishandled. That's likely how the wererats have been tracking you. A powerful cult like that of Vermithrax should easily be able to locate unholy items carried by a fallen cultist."

Purusartha: "I'm such a fool!" He exclaims tearing the pouch off his belt. "All this time these cursed items have been leading them straight to us!" Grimacing, he empties the pouch into the wash basin revealing an elaborately carved scroll case and an unholy symbol of Vermithrax, carved from black iron, easily recognizable as a black rat with two tiny red rubies for eyes. Both items are tied to ornate black chains for easy carrying around the neck. "Someone give me some oil to pour in with these. We'll burn them and destroy them this instant!"

[However on closer inspection, you notice the unholy symbol of Vermithrax has actually split in two parts revealing a hidden key! What do you?]

voidoblivion
10-13-2013, 11:12 PM
the only things getting into a fortress like that are rats or very small creature like myself, I could get in and with the power of God save him.. He pauses and moves over to the scroll careful not to touch it but tries to detect magic on it and see if the key is linked to any spell.

rtcvb32
10-14-2013, 02:28 AM
~So both times we've been found was due to these items?~ Sauel was curious, but certainly didn't want to suffer a similar experience that poor Yorick did. It made him remember they were attacked mere moments after Yorick collapsed, almost like the curse awoke within him when they were near meaning all they had to do was slit his throat take the gear and leave. Actually it seemed like quite an interesting system; Evil, but interesting and practical at the same time.

Sauel didn't have any oil, Looking at the items a moment while oil was being brought from in the store the holy symbol seemed off. He pulled out a pair of his recently used chopsticks and nudged at the symbol with the thin wooden eating utensils noticing the symbol pushed apart exposing the key, and deftly with skill grabbed the key pulling it free to look at it. Perhaps it was untouched by the cursed, or perhaps a spell of locating could search for it as well once the symbol was gone and it was just as unlucky. "Should we bother to keep the key??" Sauel asked when Purusartha returned.

The key's purpose likely was for a safe-house for the rat, it was far less likely to be something personal like to the cultist's own home. Or perhaps it had been a copy of Tix's master's flat which was where these cursed had been picked up at. There was no way for Sauel at this moment to know as he studied the key's details.

Thiara for the most part seemed to quickly be accepted into a circle of his friends, although her loyalties were uncertain at least she was on their side for now. Cred too seemed to quickly be someone trust-able, and the idea of him sneaking in to the fortress to some degree made Sauel annoyed, not anything Cred was planning but that Asher had decided all by himself the ring of invisibility was far more useful in his own hands, and now he was dead. Course with the sensitive senses one would have to be quiet and pretty much undetectable to get by a bunch of Vul even while invisible, but it was certainly easier when they couldn't see you. Cred's small size did seem to have a higher chance of success, but the Vul's own vain attitudes and mindset could give them a higher chance to succeed. However Sauel didn't want to see any one of them to go alone into an enemy's fortress.

Narayan
10-14-2013, 03:53 AM
the only things getting into a fortress like that are rats or very small creature like myself, I could get in and with the power of God save him.. He pauses and moves over to the scroll careful not to touch it but tries to detect magic on it and see if the key is linked to any spell.

[Crdechzkragar: Your detect magic immediately tells you these items are moderately enchanted with a few different domains of divine magic. It'll take more time to completely analyze the aura, but first and foremost among those is the evil domain. However, detecting the nature of their curse would require a much more powerful spell such as Analyze Dweomer.]

Thiara: Looks appraisingly at the Kobold. "Which god do you follow? Clearly he brings you courage, more than I'd expect from a kobold... but you are the first I've met."


"Should we bother to keep the key??"

Thiara: "Don't destroy it are you mad?! Of course you should keep the key! It was obviously made to safeguard something important. I'm sure whatever that is would make a worthy prize. But what is in the scroll case I wonder? A pity we cannot easily remove the curse on these items and examine them more closely. I won't risk handling them even with my gloves on... but if someone else feels brave enough to try by all means now is the time..."

"Also listen, at first I considered the kobolds plan foolish, but on further reflection his idea of using the sewers actually has merit. The Vul hate to venture below ground after all, they are paranoid of confined spaces. If there's a weak spot to their stronghold it makes sense it would be right beneath their feet."

"It might seem crazy to go down into the sewers, or even into the undercity among so many wererats, but if Purusartha truly is friends with Moakh, that might be enough to grant you safe passage. And if Purusartha somehow convinces him to help you rescue this poor fellow before the vulkyrie disembowel him, well, I'm sure you would be pleased."

"Moakh would make a powerful ally, stronger than me in many respects. King Kyser however will probably not help you, and could be an even more formidable foe than Baron Zomok if you aren't careful."

"Which brings me back to the key... if I were you the first order of business would be learning what this key is for and trying to take 'that' for yourselves. It may not be something you want or need, but its good enough if its something they want or need. Because then you have either a bargaining chip, or something that can help you damage them."

"Maybe you can use 'it' to negotiate a truce with them, or reveal some dire secret about them that even king Kyser won't like. I don't know, obviously its speculation, but its a better chance at something than destroying it. Just my opinion, take it or leave it."

rtcvb32
10-14-2013, 04:26 AM
Sauel place the key on a nearby table putting down the chopsticks nearby careful not to touch anything more than necessary. Thiara's logic on the value of the key, or what the key opens seemed good enough reason to hold it a little longer. Besides a key was just a key, wasn't it?

~I know they don't like confined places, meaning their fortress has few closed in hallways, probably large open rooms, perhaps more like a castle, windows they can get to easily and quickly and take to the air...~ The sudden idea of a hallway-less castle with steep drops of being somehow geometrical came to mind with at least every area having 20 feet to work with for dodging or to stretch their wings. This seemed impractical, but would make for an interesting puzzle for any flightless species to get around (which was most of them), but since likely the dwarves would have had to make it, that means it was probably unlikely, or had smaller less used hallways.

"Well if we're going to do this, we need to do it now. If I were a caster, assuming he has the spell ready then it's just a matter of taking care of minor details before getting down to their fun and games; And until then he probably has fewer guards until they're ready to interrogate, probably easily by half. If he didn't have the spell ready and there's no scrolls on hand, then he might have a few hours before the spell is prepared..." Sauel hoped he hadn't yet been transformed back, perhaps they had the element of surprise.

voidoblivion
10-14-2013, 04:38 AM
Crdechzkragar: "It seems we all have heard negative things about each others races. I follow Userrwroth the god servant of dragonkind, in this we also serve the children of the dragon. I am here because of the foul deeds again the dragon kind and the because of Asher who was a child of a dragon."

"Here watch and see the power of Userrwroth, know I am but a mere servant of a greater power that all can honor. For it was he who broke the curse upon Yorik and it will be he who will break the curse upon these items."

Reaching into his cloak he removes his most holy of Items, an amulet approximately 3" in diameter, made of fine silver, with a golden symbol of all four dragon types circling each other entwining their tails while clutching precious gemstones at its center. An emerald, a sapphire, a ruby, and a diamond. The words, Service to Userrwroth is service to dragonkind are inset around the outside in draconic.


Crdechzkragar holds his amulet above the items and begins to pray to Userrwroth in draconic cant. His personal faith in Userrwroth is felt in his words, even if you cannot understand the language...

"Userrwroth I beseech you a humble servant of the dragon, these Items before me are from a most vile deity who would stop your divine mission against the corruptors of the children of the dragon, this deity sends its children against us to kill up and prevent the divine retribution against the slayers of the dragon. Show your might against this vile god and let its followers know you are truly more powerful then their deity. Cleanse these items of the magic placed upon them and remove the curse of this vile deity who is not even worthy of being named. Show those with me of your divine might and let them know you are truly with us in this deed!"

Narayan
10-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Suddenly the air feels warmer as Crdechzkragar's amulet glows with divine power a moment before bursting into flame! And not just any ordinary flame. An extremely hot, bright flame just like dragonfire!

Crdechzkragar does not flinch as the flames flare up, licking his hands and pouring into the wash basin, consuming the evil magic items in their brilliance and purifying them in the process.

The flames create no smoke and do not actually burn so there's no risk of setting fire to the butchers shop. After a minute, the flames subside and the air temperature return to normal.

Thiara: Lifts her hands together and claps. "Impressive! Now please, someone open that scroll case and see what it contains."

rtcvb32
10-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Although unwary, Cred seemed to know what he was doing, and the magical power felt in the form of heat was no illusion from what Sauel could tell, as he likely shared a few schools with the kobold's magical sources. No one else seemed to act for a hesitant and pregnant moment. Reaching down he let his hand linger inches above the scroll case, and not feeling his hairs standing on end it was perhaps silly to put blind faith in it, but touching the case he felt no immediate ill effects.

Sauel lifted the case, turning the top off, and then peered inside before turning it over and catching the out-coming contents into his other empty hand to see what lay hidden within.

voidoblivion
10-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Slipping the amulet back under his armor and cloak, he also looks to see what falls free. If it is a spell scroll he will stop others from reading it.

Narayan
10-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Inside the scrollcase you see a scroll rolled inside. As you pull it free, you notice it is sealed with a strange black wax, impressed with a seal. It looks like this...

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/SecretScroll.jpg~original

[Everyone please make a Spot check, and a Wisdom Check]

rtcvb32
10-17-2013, 05:15 PM
(Sauel's results. Wisdom: 5, Spot: 21)

voidoblivion
10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
(1D20+2 => 15 #spot 1D20+2 => 7 #wis) (is there anything / knowledge? I can roll to ID the seal?)

Narayan
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Purusartha: (Spot check: = 25, Wisdom check: = 14) Purusartha stares at the seal for a moment and scratches his head as though he recognizes it but can't quite put his finger on it... then he turns to Thiara and glances at her pendant... "The seal on this scroll matches your pendant. Seems like an unusual coincidence, can you explain that?"

Thiara: Smiles. "Yes I can easily explain that. That scroll was meant for me. Whoever delivered it was supposed to check that its seal matched my pendant to be sure I was the right person."

rtcvb32
10-17-2013, 11:28 PM
"Meant for you..?" Sauel repeated slowly. Her as the recipient suddenly made him feel uneasy, surely she didn't know they had this before now, then what did that mean? "Do you know the scroll's contents?".

It could have been a trap item like explosive runes, or it could just have been in mid-delivery when the encounter involving Yorick, Purusartha and Asher. Alternatively it could have been taken off someone taking it to her in-route. Sauel didn't want to feel like lashing out at her without some semblance of knowing what was going on.

(Sense Motive: 25)

Narayan
10-18-2013, 02:54 AM
"Meant for you..?" Sauel repeated slowly. Her as the recipient suddenly made him feel uneasy, surely she didn't know they had this before now, then what did that mean? "Do you know the scroll's contents?".

It could have been a trap item like explosive runes, or it could just have been in mid-delivery when the encounter involving Yorick, Purusartha and Asher. Alternatively it could have been taken off someone taking it to her in-route. Sauel didn't want to feel like lashing out at her without some semblance of knowing what was going on.

(Sense Motive: 25)

Thiara: "I do not know the contents exactly, but I can guess... And yet regardless there is no need to worry. I know how this looks, but I am not conspiring with the Cult of Vermithrax. My agent in the undercity arranged for those wererats to bring me that scroll."

Purusartha: Narrows his eyes suspiciously. "And why would you use wererats to deliver a message? You spoke against them so plainly earlier afterall..."

Thiara: "I arranged for my agent to use them as couriers because I intended to ambush and kill the wererats myself. Luring rats into a trap so to speak... Read the message if you don't believe me. My agent probably alludes to that. Obviously I never got the chance because you ran into them before they reached me."

Purusartha: Nods slowly considering the possibility. "Let us see what the message says... Go ahead and read it for us Sauel."

[Saul: As before, you sense no direct falsehood or evasion of the truth from her, but clearly she hasn't volunteered all the facts. You get the sense she is observing you, measuring your ability to figure things out and gauging your reactions before she tells you everything.]

rtcvb32
10-18-2013, 03:06 AM
~She's cautious, she'd make an excellent were...~ Sauel thinks to himself as he looks over the scroll. He hesitated, there was one well known magical trap that he didn't want to get himself caught in, and that was a spell called 'Explosive Runes'. Merely reading a few words from such a document would call the explosive power of a fireball on the user, and there was no way to dodge it.

"Cred? Does this have any magical auras? If so what schools?" It was important. If it was non-magical he'd open the scroll to read it aloud.

voidoblivion
10-18-2013, 07:36 AM
He focuses upon the scroll to detect magic on it and verify it is not magical. Doing what he can to discern anything he can before reaching to break the seal.

Narayan
10-18-2013, 06:44 PM
[Cred: You detect no magic from the scroll.]

After breaking the seal and unrolling the scroll, this is what you see.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/VirrosSecretNote.jpg~original

voidoblivion
10-18-2013, 06:51 PM
He reads it and nods, looking at the others as he speaks.

Lets go kill Kasha, she is already injured and week. Anyone need to be healed right now, I can do it so we are full strength. The key gets us into her secret sanctuary, this should also get your were rat friends behind us more. Besides Kasha needs to die. He foul demon of a god must be defeated through her destruction. userrwroth is with us, and she is his enemy as much as our own.

rtcvb32
10-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Cracking open the scroll he reads it aloud, slowly. "My Dear lady, Your tip about Shajarian the mage proved fruitful. He was indeed secretly giving tips to the Vulfear about what he was selling and to whom. However, by the time you read this, the cultists who delivered this message to you should have already dealt with him."

A few names that came up meant really nothing to Sauel, since he wasn't actually part of the encounter that came across the three were's, only Kasha's name had any real meaning; Although the list of targets came to mind as they had gone to prevent two such targets from losing their lives, if they were successful was surely debatable.

"The one that bears this message is Virros the cleric, a wererat, as is the thug by his side Serax. A black rhat should also be accompanying them by the name of Pithis. He is one of Kasha's favorite assassins. He may be carrying a list of targets from her so be sure to search him thoroughly."

The mention of Pithis made Sauel notice Purusartha wince a bit, likely from the attack that almost remove his companion's eye and nearly killed him. They had indeed returned scraped and bruised and he had healed to the best of his ability to the pair of them.

"... This is the last time I can so blatantly send these rats to their deaths. You must hurry and make final preparations to rid our fair city of Kasha's ilk before I am discovered. Every day you delay puts me at risk. It is perpetually dangerous and dark down here. Please Hurry..."

Sauel closed his eyes and lowered his face to the paper and smelled in deeply trying to catch if there were any particular scents to keep in mind of for later, some of his previous revelations from Purusartha made him more mindful of perhaps hidden meanings in many things mostly from those that can't detect something obvious easily so it was overlooked. Magical writing, a scent, or a certain sequence of words could be a cipher, but nothing like that stood out on the message, then turned the page over to Purusartha, who would decide what to do with it most likely.

As for Kasha's being injured and weak he had doubts of that. Lycanthropes healed much faster than non-Lycanthropes. Whatever damage she might have taken likely she already recovered from her cult and resources. "I doubt it would be easy to attack her. I heavily doubt she's even injured."

Narayan
10-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Cracking open the scroll he reads it aloud, slowly.

Sauel closed his eyes and lowered his face to the paper and smelled in deeply trying to catch if there were any particular scents to keep in mind of for later, some of his previous revelations from Purusartha made him more mindful of perhaps hidden meanings in many things mostly from those that can't detect something obvious easily so it was overlooked. Magical writing, a scent, or a certain sequence of words could be a cipher, but nothing like that stood out on the message, then turned the page over to Purusartha, who would decide what to do with it most likely.

[Sauel: If you were to guess what sort of person wrote this note using your sensitive nose you would say it was a halfling, a male halfling most likely.]


He reads it and nods, looking at the others as he speaks.

Lets go kill Kasha, she is already injured and week. Anyone need to be healed right now, I can do it so we are full strength. The key gets us into her secret sanctuary, this should also get your were rat friends behind us more. Besides Kasha needs to die. He foul demon of a god must be defeated through her destruction. userrwroth is with us, and she is his enemy as much as our own.


Thiara: Nods "I would like to see Kasha dead. It should be easier to mange with a key to her safehouse... but I don't know where that is, do you?" She asks glancing around. "I was planning on gleaning that information from one of the cultists once I ambushed them. I don't suppose you thought of that?" She asks turning to Purusartha. "No?... that's a pity..."

Purusartha: Looks back at Thiara "Yes it is a pity, but going after her wasn't our priority at the time. Besides, we were all a bit preoccupied fighting for our lives. I nearly lost an eye, and poor Yorick here was cursed. And according to you, Shajarian deserved to die anyway which makes the whole battle a little less..."

Thiara: Interrupts "...Righteous?"

Purusartha: "I was going to say needful."

Thiara: "I think you did the right thing. I was going to kill those wererats myself after all, I just let them do a little dirty work for me first."

Purusartha: "Which bothers me a little. The fact those wererats murdered and robbed someone who deserved it doesn't make them any less evil, and you any less wicked for arranging it."

Thiara: Smirks. "Maybe so, but I'm surprised to hear criticism from a native like you Purusartha... surely you're old enough to know how things are here in Vulkh? There's a reason it lacks for paladins and do-gooders. If my methods bother you so much, why don't you just ask me to leave?"

Purusartha: Grunts as if to clear his throat and interrupt. "No, please stay. I'm sorry I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. We are in need of your help. And since we can't go after Kasha yet until we find her hideout we should focus on trying to save that poor fellow who was turned to stone, while we still can."

"This agent of yours in the undercity, can he lead us beneath the Vulkyrie headquarters where they'll be holding him?"

Thiara: "He probably could, but I can't promise that he will. A gatekeeper for King Kyser should not be helping you do something like that. He could get in a lot of a trouble."

Purusartha: "A gatekeeper you say? I've never ventured down to the undercity, what exactly does he do?"

Thiara: "He's responsible for one of the entrances into the undercity. He tries to catch smugglers and Vulfear spies and decides who can come and go as they please."

Purusartha: "So he guards a post than so to speak. Surely he has the authority to roam around with us if he wanted?"

Thiara: Chuckles "I can see you really haven't been to the undercity before. It isn't so easy as that... for starters, it is a labyrinthine network of caves and crude tunnels. Very hard to navigate compared to surface streets."

"Complex as it is, the undercity is crudely divided into territories ruled by lords who all pledge allegiance to king Kyser and pay tithe's. Because a large portion of the undercity population are wererats, many of these lords are greater wererats. It is their right to forbid anyone passage through their territory. Which they are sure to do in your case... if they don't just kill you on sight of course..."

"With my insistence, my agent might grant you access to the undercity itself, but acting as a guide in your endeavor would be asking a lot. The king has always refused to raise arms against the Vul after all. Allowing you to infiltrate the Vulkyrie headquarters from his domain would be out of the question. I can only think of one one person who would risk Kysers wrath so blatantly."

Purusartha: "Who?"

Thiara: "A very dangerous smuggler who calls himself 'Ghost', or 'The Ghost in the Darkness' to be precise. No one knows his real name. He's a known dissident to the kings rule, one of the few who speaks out against him. If anyone would dare this, it would be him. But, he doesn't risk his life for mere thrills or a sense of charity. It will cost a small fortune to employ his services."

rtcvb32
10-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Purusartha it seemed still had the heart of a human, where right and wrong weren't blurred nearly as much as Sauel's and Thiara's had been obviously. Somehow Sauel was saddened to know Purusartha was dragged into his world against his will.

The word 'fortune' was more relative to who said it rather than the exact amount. Where regular people could make as much as ten gold in a day, a thousand gold was a fortune, and that could be as little as a couple magical items. Course if he had higher price tags, it could be several thousand. Sauel wasn't sure if he was ready to trade everything they had to save a total stranger but he knew he would have appreciated it if they did indeed have someone who was willing to do that for him. Quite the conundrum.

"Only a fortune if it's money. Everyone wants something, greed, it's human nature. If we have something to trade or something he wants, then it becomes easier. Course he might accept something as intangible as an unnamed future favor..."

Depending on ideals, if they were doing something Ghost wanted done anyways the rules could change drastically, although rouge-like he sounded that means he would still charge for something he'd have given for free. But Sauel didn't know what they'd have to trade, or what they could play on, and time wasn't on their side. That and any further adventuring he would be better off just remaining as a wolf rather than switching back and forth. Some of these frustrations showed on his face as his eyebrows pushed together in deep thought.

"Going guide-less with limited time is a recipe for disaster. If we can employ ghost, then we probably should, and quickly."

Sauel looks to Purusartha. "I think I'd prefer to assume wolf form and remain in it through the entire trip while underground.". There would be subtle limits to what he could do, but with a fight almost guaranteed to break out being prepared and aware of your surroundings seemed high on his personal list of preferences in this case. Plus they would be out of view anyways.

voidoblivion
10-19-2013, 12:25 AM
He sits back quietly now and listens. the little man seemingly lost on there debate, his words taken with a grain of salt. then again they did know more then he did. So for now he would sit back and listen, gleaming what information he could. Besides this Undercity sounded interesting. a Place a Kolbold would find almost a home in. A place to move a new cult into for faster access and allies for tactical assault from bellow the Vul. He prepares a message mentally he will be sending back to the cult head quarters once he finds a suitable location for them to set up shop in the under city.

Narayan
10-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Entering Masaeus___________________________________________ __________

The city was quite an imposing sight to see at sunset. It's high walls, towers and tall buildings cut an imposing skyline against the reddening sky above the cliffs of Arosis bay. Torgrimms Dwarfbridge seemed more epic than you expected, despite everything you heard about it.

There are larger cities of course in the Kingdom of Maharatha to the south, your point of origin, but the awesome craftsmanship and scale of the dwarven stonework here makes Masaeus seem grander than the sum of its populace. All in all, your first impression of the city was impressive.

After your vessel berthed against the docks you disembarked, which is when you noticed the large polished stone monolith bearing the Laws of Vulkh beside the docks, placed to dissuade you from criminal activities. But putting those thoughts aside for now, your first order of business was securing a room for the coming night, and your search led you to The Iron Arms.

The Iron Arms______________________________________________ ___

The Iron Arms is a very large inn, four stories tall in fact, masterfully constructed with smooth stones dredged up from the riverbed, cleverly stacked in mortar.

[They have stalls for your pony Deidra for 2 sp per night]

You have no trouble procuring rooms for yourselves at a fair price (5 sp each) while meals go for 2 sp, and bath's costs 1. The Inn's proprietor is a handsome, well-seasoned seaman by the name of Darrius Rainweather.

As expected, lots of sailors rent rooms here, but other types as well, including foreigners and far-traveled adventurers like yourselves. The cavernous common room clamors with conversation between a great variety of patrons.

There are enough tables and stalls here to seat a hundred without being cramped, with at least two dozen table-maids skirting about busily carrying meals and drinks.

It's easy to forget yourself in such a crowded room and loose track of time, especially since nightfall is the busiest period and a constant influx of new arrivals distract you from your own thoughts.

[You both reached Masaeus aboard the same ship, so you would have doubtlessly noticed each other then. Weather or not you spoke or became friends is up to you? And now of course, you would have realized that you both ended up getting rooms together at the same Inn. Perhaps now would be a good time to strike up a conversation?]

[What do you do?]

Tanarus
10-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Amaya: Travel by ship was fast to be sure but it was a lot to get used too and not her favorite form of transportation. The queasy feeling of dizziness and disorientation still lingered at the corners of her consciousness long after she disembarked. Watching the crowd of people milling about the common room here in this inn didn't help, so she kept her head down away from any spying eyes.

In fact she kept the hood of her cloak up, even indoors sometimes, to help hide herself. She was a rather private person by nature, preferring to shirk the attention of strangers. She would only be truly open with people she trusted, and that number was few and far between. However, when her stomach started to grumble she had no choice but to call for the attention of a table-maid as she passed by.

"Excuse me, can i have a glass of milk and some salmon please?"

The thought of something tasty and hot to eat after her long trip made her smile to herself. She was new to this place, and although she saw the laws of this land she knew little else about it. She needed information, and questioning those around her was often the easiest way to collect it even if it took a little persuading. Whether they be sailors, table-maids, bartenders, or whomever she needed to ask, she needed information. Since she was already talking to this table-maid, she prompted herself to start with her but thought better of it. Amaya didn't know how it worked here, but back home if you were suppose to be working, but were caught talking instead, you could easily lose your job.

Taking another quick look around, she saw a few attractive people but none in the quick glance that seemed rather friendly. So instead she waited on her food and drink. Eager to get food in her stomach and tasty food at that. Upon another quick though she did stop the table-maid before she left to ask for help, but wouldn't keep her too long.

"Excuse me again, sorry, but... I'm new here, could you help me? I don't know much about this land.. this is my first time visiting Masaeus you see.."

Windstar
10-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Deidra: To herself "May the gods of mercy on the sailors, I now know why greybearded one, Baraxle hated water so much."

After collecting Dusty and Rusty and settling her trusted warpony and mule into their non-moving stalls, she heads to the room for a long hot bath. Now, feeling more alive, she heads to the common room finding a dark corner table and orders some food from the busy wench running to and fro.

"Hey m'lady, I'll have some lamb and good Dwarven Ale, when ye get the chance."

Spying Amaya, cross the way, she tilts her head a bit in aknowlegement. Then looking around to note all exits she settles into her seat to await her food.

Narayan
10-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Amaya: "Excuse me, can i have a glass of milk and some salmon please?"

The thought of something tasty and hot to eat after her long trip made her smile to herself. She was new to this place, and although she saw the laws of this land she knew little else about it. She needed information, and questioning those around her was often the easiest way to collect it. Whether they be sailors, table-maids, bartenders, or whomever. And since she was already talking to this table-maid, she prompted herself to start with her...

"...And if its not too much trouble, could you stay and speak with me for a minute? I'm new to this land you see... this is my first time visiting Masaeus."

The table-maid appears to be young, younger than you even, clearly Akhenaten with tan skin and long dark hair tied into a single braid. She wears a plain dress beneath an apron with sandals on her feet.

Table-Maid: "Oh certainly, welcome to the city!" Smiles "I've lived here in Vulkh all my life, but I only recently moved here to the city. It's so different than the rural village I grew up in. My father is just a simple farmer, he kept insisting to marry me off so I ran away."

"First thing you should learn as a visitor here is proper respect towards the Vul. They are quite scary, but whatever you do, don't look or speak to them directly. We are not their equals, so it is always proper to address them as 'High One'. Best avoid them altogether if you can..."

"Your order will cost you 2 sp and a 2 cp. I'll be back with your meal." She says turning away, her dress swishing and twirling with her as she walks back to the kitchens.


Deidra: orders some food from the busy wench running to and fro.

"Hey m'lady, I'll have some lamb and good Dwarven Ale, when ye get the chance."

The table-maid you flagged down is an older Akhenaten lady, the stress and toil of many years clearly visible in the wrinkles of her face. Her hands are steady though, and her back is still stiff and straight, it's clear she has plenty of spirit left in her.

Table-Maid: "Lamb and dwarven ale. That'll be 4 silver pieces when I return!" She says with a quick clip of her tongue turning away to the kitchens once again.

__________________________________________________ _____________________


The inn has four bouncers that you noticed, two of which stand by the entrance while another two roam the interior. Suddenly, the bouncers by the entrance grab for someone hysterical that rushes inside. He appears rather bedraggled, dressed in unclean rags with only one sandal on his feet, the other bleeding with every other footstep as he's clearly torn his fleshy sole running across the cobblestones.

Hysterical Beggar: "DRAGON! A DRAGON HAS COME!" He shouts, ducking the bouncers. "IT HAS COME TO DESTROY US ALL!"

Tanarus
10-19-2013, 04:25 PM
The table-maid appears to be young, younger than you even, clearly Akhenaten with tan skin and long dark hair tied into a single braid. She wears a plain dress beneath an apron with sandals on her feet.

Table-Maid: "Oh certainly, welcome to the city!" Smiles "I've lived here in Vulkh all my life, but I only recently moved here to the city. It's so different than the rural village I grew up in. My father is just a simple farmer, he kept insisting to marry me off so I ran away."

"First thing you should learn as a visitor here is proper respect towards the Vul. They are quite scary, but whatever you do, don't look or speak to them directly. We are not their equals, so it is always proper to address them as 'High One'. Best avoid them altogether if you can..."

"Your order will cost you 2 sp and a 2 cp. I'll be back with your meal." She says turning away, her dress swishing and twirling with her as she walks back to the kitchens.

Amaya: Amaya smile softly at the younger girl, she was quite cute but working she with all these sailors, Amaya was she she was far from pure. Hearing the girls story though gave Amaya pause to her last thought, ~maybe she isn't corrupt yet~ Amaya though to herself with a smile. Hearing about the Vul was something Amaya had hear about before. She didn't know much about them but that they were feared and cocky in this land. Hearing the young girl say it would be best to avoid them all together, She had to agree.

"Thank you very much, and i will deffinitly try and keep away from them, and hear is the payment for the meal, thank you." Amaya said polity with a smile.

Amaya watched the girl as she walked away witch lead her eyes to someone she had seen on the ship she was just on.



Spying Amaya, cross the way, she tilts her head a bit in aknowlegement. Then looking around to note all exits she settles into her seat to await her food.

Amaya nodded back with a soft smile before quickly turning away. All she wanted right now was food and to relax alittle bit.


The inn has four bouncers that you noticed, two of which stand by the entrance while another two roam the interior. Suddenly, the bouncers by the entrance grab for someone hysterical that rushes inside. He appears rather bedraggled, dressed in unclean rags with only one sandal on his feet, the other bleeding with every other footstep as he's clearly torn his fleshy sole running across the cobblestones.

Hysterical Beggar: "DRAGON! A DRAGON HAS COME!" He shouts, ducking the bouncers. "IT HAS COME TO DESTROY US ALL!"


Amaya noticed the bouncers holding back a man with her sharp eyes, Just upon noticing him, he ducked under the bouncers, making his way into the inn screaming about Dragons. She knew nothing of this land but as far as Amaya knew, dragons were far from here. She quickly tried to put her mind away from the screaming mad man just wanting food. She was hungry and knowing her food was on the way, it would take alot to make her not get it.

Narayan
10-19-2013, 05:11 PM
"Only a fortune if it's money. Everyone wants something, greed, it's human nature. If we have something to trade or something he wants, then it becomes easier. Course he might accept something as intangible as an unnamed future favor..."

"Going guide-less with limited time is a recipe for disaster. If we can employ ghost, then we probably should, and quickly."

Thiara: "And I suppose it must be me that offers up this fortune along with securing his services?"

Purusartha: "I can promise you we will repay this debt. For example, we are aware of at least one priceless buried treasure... but that is something we'll have to discuss another time."

Thiara: Smirks. "I see, well I'll have to go speak with my agent and contact Ghost immediately. I can't make any promises though, this is rather rushed and last-minute. In the meantime, I will use magic to hide you so you can move to a safer location." Reaches inside her robe and hands Purusartha a decorative pebble.

"Purusartha, this is a Sending Stone, they come in pairs allowing the owners of each pebble to communicate across vast distances. I'll use it to inform you if and when my arrangements are ready. However, it can only be used once per day, and if you believe you are going to be captured, you must remember to get rid of it. These pebbles are easy to locate if you have its counterpart which could be dangerous for conspirators like us."

Purusartha: Nods. "Understood, and thank you."

Thiara: "Stand together everyone, I will cast Invisibility Sphere on your group. You have about 10 minutes of time afterward before the spell ends. Remember of course, the Vulkyrie can still smell you from a good distance and some of them may even be able to see through illusions like this so don't let your guard down."

rtcvb32
10-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Thiara: "And I suppose it must be me that offers up this fortune along with securing his services?"

Purusartha: "I can promise you we will repay this debt. For example, we are aware of at least one priceless buried treasure... but that is something we'll have to discuss another time."


"I willingly offer all I have. But when it's compared to a magic user such as you, I'm sure it's just a drop in the bucket...". This would have a double meaning for being a druid; As a druid he understood currency, but that didn't mean he put any large value behind it.

For the second time in so many days he saw a sending stone (or it's equal) given to Purusartha, and had a short sense of deja vu over the matter. With all of them moving closer together to fit inside the area of effect he put back on the backpack of what they had gathered from their recent exciting night. Purusartha would no doubt have everything smoothed over with the owner.

"Ready.." Sauel said. Although he clearly said he was ready, his eyes and body language said he would rather just sleep, but look deep enough into his eyes and there was energy and conviction there that belied even his body language, perhaps just a little bit of bored excitement.

As a pack animal Sauel had no doubt he could trail and keep near Purusartha without issues, but Cred on the other hand he wasn't sure about. "You going to be okay?". A hand on a shoulder might work, course if Sauel was in his full wolf form the might just offer Cred a ride on his back. When they were further away from here he'd figure out his equipment carrying issues which might help facilitate that.

voidoblivion
10-19-2013, 07:52 PM
hem oves close to the group as instructed and waits quietly.

Narayan
10-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Moving back to the stairwell where Ivar was waiting, you are disturbed to see the half dwarf is not moving. He's slumped unnaturally against the locked door at the bottom. An empty vial still in his hand. His eyes, only half open, do not blink while a bit of bloody drool drips off his lower lip into his beard.

[What do you do?]

Daydreaming
10-20-2013, 04:13 AM
Moving back to the stairwell where Ivar was waiting, you are disturbed to see the half dwarf is not moving. He's slumped unnaturally against the locked door at the bottom. An empty vial still in his hand. His eyes, only half open, do not blink while a bit of bloody drool drips off his lower lip into his beard.

[What do you do?]

~He's not moving...~

{She quickly moves to kneel next to Ivar. She shakes him. Tears begin to form in her blood red eyes. She quickly listens to see if he is breathing and lays her head upon his chest to listen for his heart beat.}

~There is no sound... no...~

"No... Ivar.... NO!" She says in a fury of anger and sadness. She shakes him and her hands begin to glow a light blue color. "Wake up! You can't die! Please not this... Not again... I can't..." she cries, and begins to beat her fists upon his chest as if it might bring him back to life. Each hammering of her hands on his chest makes her hands grow brighter til they start to slightly burn his clothes and skin.

{You hear Kitsune growl and whimper as she struggles out of the pack on Emiko's back. Kit yips at Emiko and growls, when Kit sees Emiko isn't stopping she lunges at her arms and bites her, just hard enough to make her stop.}

{Emiko slumps back against the wall opposite of Ivar's body. She stares up towards the ceiling as if looking at the heavens, with tears streaming down her face.}

~Why...?! He said he was my friend... He would tell me to stop whining... He... Oh damn these Vul! I must avenge those who have died... Wait... Cael... He must have seen my hands... He must think I am some sort of crazed monster... Oh no...~

"Cael, please don't be afraid of me..." she says turning to him. "I... I Don't know what came over me... I'm so sorry... Ivar is dead... I.. I don't know what to do..." she turns her head to Ivar's body and stares as she adjusts the hood of her cloak to cover most of her face again. "We were going to meet with his friends... He said we must get to Wrusks Tannery... But... I don't know where it is... or what to do with his..." she pauses painfully, "his... body." She looks to Cael again and wipes the tears from her face. "Please Cael... Tell me what to do... I cannot think at this moment... I can't... I..." She trails off her gaze back to Ivar's lifeless body.

Windstar
10-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Table-Maid: "Lamb and dwarven ale. That'll be 4 silver pieces when I return!" She says with a quick clip of her tongue turning away to the kitchens once again.

__________________________________________________ _____________________


The inn has four bouncers that you noticed, two of which stand by the entrance while another two roam the interior. Suddenly, the bouncers by the entrance grab for someone hysterical that rushes inside. He appears rather bedraggled, dressed in unclean rags with only one sandal on his feet, the other bleeding with every other footstep as he's clearly torn his fleshy sole running across the cobblestones.

Hysterical Beggar: "DRAGON! A DRAGON HAS COME!" He shouts, ducking the bouncers. "IT HAS COME TO DESTROY US ALL!"


Deidra: Looking around to judge the reactions from the other patrons. When the maid returns, "Thanks Mi'lady, here is your coin - plus a silver. " Pending on the other patrons actions, if there is a general alarm - nothing, if there seems to be no one really regarding the yelling gent, "Do you have many of that sort crying out for attention?"

Narayan
10-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Amaya noticed the bouncers holding back a man with her sharp eyes, Just upon noticing him, he ducked under the bouncers, making his way into the inn screaming about Dragons. She knew nothing of this land but as far as Amaya knew, dragons were far from here.

[That is a reasonable statement. It is common knowledge that Vul are dragon slayers. Your rank in Knowledge(History)(Akhenaten) also reminds you that the Vul that rule this Kingdom did so by first defeating a dragon. It wouldn't be hard to surmise therefore that Vul would push dragons out of this region, and therefore make a real dragon sighting unlikely.]


Deidra: Looking around to judge the reactions from the other patrons. When the maid returns, "Thanks Mi'lady, here is your coin - plus a silver. " Pending on the other patrons actions, if there is a general alarm - nothing, if there seems to be no one really regarding the yelling gent, "Do you have many of that sort crying out for attention?"

Table-Maid: Laughs "Oh that's just the neighborhood loon. His name is Rafik I think, pay him no mind... He's always hysterical."
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Both bouncers at the entrance manage to tackle the hysterical beggar. Still squirming and shouting.

Rafik: "A DRAGON! OUTSIDE UP IN THE SKY! WE'RE DOOMED!"

Bouncer: "Get out you mangy fool!" He says sending an elbow into the mans face, breaking his nose.

The beggar is staggered, eyes watering with pain as blood dribbles down his face. The bouncers take the chance to haul him outside, doubtlessly tossing him into the gutter once again. But then a few moments later they both rush back in wide-eyed waving their arms.

Bouncer: "IT'S TRUE!!! THERE'S A DRAGON IN THE SKY!" They say prompting a lot more serious attention from the crowd in the common room. People begin moving out into the street to take a look for themselves.

[What do you do?]

Tanarus
10-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Both bouncers at the entrance manage to tackle the hysterical beggar. Still squirming and shouting.

Rafik: "A DRAGON! OUTSIDE UP IN THE SKY! WE'RE DOOMED!"

Bouncer: "Get out you mangy fool!" He says sending an elbow into the mans face, breaking his nose.

The beggar is staggered, eyes watering with pain as blood dribbles down his face. The bouncers take the chance to haul him outside, doubtlessly tossing him into the gutter once again. But then a few moments later they both rush back in wide-eyed waving their arms.

Bouncer: "IT'S TRUE!!! THERE'S A DRAGON IN THE SKY!" They say prompting a lot more serious attention from the crowd in the common room. People begin moving out into the street to take a look for themselves.

[What do you do?]


Amaya: Amaya cringed slightly as the bouncer elbowed the man in the face. Although she was not afraid of blood, she thought the poor man got more then her deserved. Breaking one's face is a harsh punishment for someone just being annoying. She turned away still wanting her food as the bouncers took there advantage and dragged the man too his feet to toss him outside into the street.

"Well that was annoying, now i just hope i can get my food and eat in peace." Amaya said as the heavy set strong bouncers easily tossed the poor fool to the gutter.

Hearing the two men rush back in wide eyed and mouths open caught her attention once more. The words out of their mouths was not something she was expecting to hear. As many patrons took to their feet and rushed to the windows and doors to see for themselves, Amaya sat back. Not that she wasn't interested, but just that she didn't want to get trampled under foot. She was almost sure there were no dragons in this area due to the Vul hunting and pushing them out. So maybe it was just a bad prank. A young apprentice of the magics or like, but either way, Amaya was too tired and small to get up just to be trampled after just arriving here. her eyes looked to the kitchen, it was very unlikely now with this that she would get her food though. The thought of taking her money back crossed her mind, it might be a rather easy task while everyone was distracted, and why pay for something she wouldn't get. Amaya sighed softly as she shook her head, she wasn't a complete thief. She turned back to see what the women from the boat, the one that nodded to her earlier was up too in this commotion.

Narayan
10-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Thiara: "The spell will be centered on Purusartha. The rest of you should stay close, do not move more than 10 ft. away from him." Thiara says murmuring a chant and moving her hands about casting the spell. "Done!"

Purusartha: "Thank you Thiara." Purusartha says opening the back door again. Thiara steps out first, taking a quick look about.

Thiara: "Good luck, and make haste!" She says throwing up the hood of her cloak before moving off back towards the scene of the battle in the alley.

Purusartha: Waits a moment, watching her leave. "Lets go and stick close." He says to the rest of you moving back towards the tannery at a brisk walking pace. After you are out of sight of the butchers shop Purusartha reaches into his robes and removes the other sending stone, the one he used to communicate with Asher, and tosses it away. "That was a good tip she told us about those sending stones. I'm glad I learned I shouldn't be carrying that since its counterpart is now in the hands of the Vulkyrie." He mutters.

rtcvb32
10-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Once invisible Sauel takes a moment to orient himself, it was much like being with his pack at night with no moon, pure darkness. You used your surroundings, the scent, the energy to detect eachother's presence. With the gentlest of releases he lets some of his energy go, expanding his area within ten feet, or just within the spell's area. The other two were's would know where he was at all times now, and was small enough that it shouldn't interfere with their invisibility. Then there was the matter of Cred. Grabbing onto the kobold's let him keep track of and guide the kobold. Perhaps the kobold knew how to move in groups in the dark, but a group of kobolds did not a group of lycanthropes make, especially with invisibility involved. Maybe detect magic would help, but they didn't need to be using more resources when they didn't have to.

The tossing of the old sending stone seemed like a bad idea; Well not the throwing away part, but where they were when he threw it away. It would have been better to toss it in a river or something that was further from a safe house. Regardless it was out of range to do anything with now. ~Learn new things every day...~ he thought.

Narayan
10-20-2013, 10:33 PM
"Cael, please don't be afraid of me..." she says turning to him. "I... I Don't know what came over me... I'm so sorry... Ivar is dead... I.. I don't know what to do..." she turns her head to Ivar's body and stares as she adjusts the hood of her cloak to cover most of her face again. "We were going to meet with his friends... He said we must get to Wrusks Tannery... But... I don't know where it is... or what to do with his..." she pauses painfully, "his... body." She looks to Cael again and wipes the tears from her face. "Please Cael... Tell me what to do... I cannot think at this moment... I can't... I..." She trails off her gaze back to Ivar's lifeless body.

Cael frowns, his jaw clenches with stress but he forces himself to take a deep breath and try and remain calm.

Cael: "I heard your friends say your name as Emiko, is that right? Listen carefully to me Emiko, does Ivars death have anything to do with the Vulkyrie?" He asks in a low but measured voice. "It's important that you are honest with me if you want my help." He adds.

Windstar
10-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Both bouncers at the entrance manage to tackle the hysterical beggar. Still squirming and shouting.

Rafik: "A DRAGON! OUTSIDE UP IN THE SKY! WE'RE DOOMED!"

Bouncer: "Get out you mangy fool!" He says sending an elbow into the mans face, breaking his nose.

The beggar is staggered, eyes watering with pain as blood dribbles down his face. The bouncers take the chance to haul him outside, doubtlessly tossing him into the gutter once again. But then a few moments later they both rush back in wide-eyed waving their arms.

Bouncer: "IT'S TRUE!!! THERE'S A DRAGON IN THE SKY!" They say prompting a lot more serious attention from the crowd in the common room. People begin moving out into the street to take a look for themselves.

[What do you do?]


Deidra: Continues to eat, paying attention to those giving the play by play... Thinking, " mmmm may have come here at the wrong time."

Daydreaming
10-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Cael frowns, his jaw clenches with stress but he forces himself to take a deep breath and try and remain calm.

Cael: "I heard your friends say your name as Emiko, is that right? Listen carefully to me Emiko, does Ivars death have anything to do with the Vulkyrie?" He asks in a low but measured voice. "It's important that you are honest with me if you want my help." He adds.

~Oh no! What should I say?! What if he won't help me... But it seems I don't have much of a choice...~

"I think his friends were being attacked by some strange people... A woman that his friend called Kasha and three others. I tried to help save Ivar from one of them with my powers... but... well... you just saw... I think those Vul creatures saw the light that came from me when they were doing their patrols above." She looks at Cael with regret on her face. "The woman, Kasha, and her companions, ran and disappeared. Before we could do anything to get closer to his friends in the alley and help them... A Vulkyrie appeared and immediately started attacking us! I didn't know what to do. The others fought back and killed it, but another showed up that wore robes... and then... That thing came! It was... like a huge dragon but... different... It looked sort of like a Vul as well... It ripped off Ivar's friend's head... I think his name was Asher... Everyone ran and I didn't know what to do so I ran too and followed Ivar back here. I warded myself from being tracked as we ran... I don't know how to do it for others though..." She stops and looks terrified at Cael. "What if... What if they're tracking Ivar right now?! ...or the others too! They could be coming right now!" She gets up and grabs Cael's hands with tears beginning to form in her eyes again. "Please... I have no one.... I don't want to die..."

{Kitsune slowly moves towards Cael as well, looks up at him and whimpers as if she too was pleading for his help.}

Narayan
10-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Cael seems to grow nervous, you notice his hand reach up to feel the haft of his axe as if to assure himself he was still carrying it. He stares at you with an uncertain gaze, as if torn between what his heart and his mind are saying. He glances over his shoulder and speaks again in an urgent whisper.

Cael: "I'm sorry but you must go. Every moment you remain endangers Serryn's family and everyone here. Ivars body has to be moved as well." He gestures to the noise from the common area. "You hear that? People are panicking, they say Vulkyrie are killing people in the streets. They'll soon rush home evacuating the streets. When that happens, we'll be trapped with no cover. The streets will become a killing field for the Vulkyrie. If we are to make it to Wrusks Tannery we have to move quickly. There's a single-mule cart out back we use for carrying ale barrels and supplies. That will serve as your chariot to safety my lady." He says managing a brief smile.

Daydreaming
10-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Cael seems to grow nervous, you notice his hand reach up to feel the haft of his axe as if to assure himself he was still carrying it. He stares at you with an uncertain gaze, as if torn between what his heart and his mind are saying. He glances over his shoulder and speaks again in an urgent whisper.

Cael: "I'm sorry but you must go. Every moment you remain endangers Serryn's family and everyone here. Ivars body has to be moved as well." He gestures to the noise from the common area. "You hear that? People are panicking, they say Vulkyrie are killing people in the streets. They'll soon rush home evacuating the streets. When that happens, we'll be trapped with no cover. The streets will become a killing field for the Vulkyrie. If we are to make it to Wrusks Tannery we have to move quickly. There's a single-mule cart out back we use for carrying ale barrels and supplies. That will serve as your chariot to safety my lady." He says managing a brief smile.
"Yes... I understand..." She looks saddened that she's put more people in danger than she thought. "Should I hide in the cart with his body? Is there something to cover it? What do you want me to do?"

{She waits for Cael to instruct her and prepares to carry out his instructions. She puts Kitsune into her pack again so she is safely out of the way.}

Narayan
10-21-2013, 04:16 AM
As a small crowd surges towards the entrance they make way for an exotic foreign woman with startling Black eyes. A Caishian lady dressed in black robes carrying a staff. Her feet seem to touch the floor with surprising weight as she steps gracefully between the tables. Behind her, a grey Rhat (that you'd guess was also female) glances to and fro shuffling quickly to keep up with her longer stride.

The lady's angry expression is highlighted by her bright red lips curled in a scowl. But you notice the hint of a pattern and glint to her neck that suggest part of her skin may be more akin to scales? Her black hair is also highlighted by an interesting blend of grey and brown hue's. Black fingernails, curled around her staff, happen to be strangely elongated, almost claw-like.

You overhear the Rhat speaking to her a bit loudly, trying to be heard over the din around you.

Rhat: "Mistress, was that really a dragon we saw in the sky just now?!"

Caishian Lady: "Don't be ridiculous Zhen! That clearly was not a true dragon, but some sort of freakish aberration. I should know of course, being a half-dragon myself."

voidoblivion
10-21-2013, 09:17 AM
As Sauel grabs him to help he allows it, for now he is not sue if the lycanthrope was going to change and give him a ride. This was his first true long term close encounter with this species. Besides they had to stick together and survive this into the under city. He wish he new with the others were ok that had escaped back to the direction of the Inne, but for now these new found friends need his help just as much.

Windstar
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
As a small crowd surges towards the entrance they make way for an exotic foreign woman with startling Black eyes. A Caishian lady dressed in black robes carrying a staff. Her feet seem to touch the floor with surprising weight as she steps gracefully between the tables. Behind her, a grey Rhat (that you'd guess was also female) glances to and fro shuffling quickly to keep up with her longer stride.

The lady's angry expression is highlighted by her bright red lips curled in a scowl. But you notice the hint of a pattern and glint to her neck that suggest part of her skin may be more akin to scales? Her black hair is also highlighted by an interesting blend of grey and brown hue's. Black fingernails, curled around her staff, happen to be strangely elongated, almost claw-like.

You overhear the Rhat speaking to her a bit loudly, trying to be heard over the din around you.

Rhat: "Mistress, was that really a dragon we saw in the sky just now?!"

Caishian Lady: "Don't be ridiculous Zhen! That clearly was not a true dragon, but some sort of freakish aberration. I should know of course, being a half-dragon myself."


Deidra: Focuses her attention on the Lady and Rhat. Putting the play by play of the other onlookers into her peritheral attention. Absently, she places one hand on a thigh dagger, as she finishes eating and calls for another Dwarven Ale.

Narayan
10-21-2013, 06:13 PM
"Yes... I understand..." She looks saddened that she's put more people in danger than she thought. "Should I hide in the cart with his body? Is there something to cover it? What do you want me to do?"

{She waits for Cael to instruct her and prepares to carry out his instructions. She puts Kitsune into her pack again so she is safely out of the way.}

Cael: "Yes that's the idea now come on there's not a moment to loose." Cael says reaching down and dragging Ivar's body up the stairwell. With a great huff he lifts him up in his arms and carries him out the back door.

Outside, echoes of shouts and crowds of people can be heard from the neighboring streets. This night has come far from peaceful.

The mule cart he mentioned is indeed stored behind and beside the inn around the corner. It is a simple, two-wheeled cart with enough cargo space for six large ale barrels. Gingerly, Cael lays Ivars body down on it.

Beside the cart, up against the wall are stacks of empty barrels, crates, ropes, and tarps for securing goods and supplies. There's also several cages with live chickens and other fowl stored outside for sanitary reasons, along with a few buckets of slop and baskets of discarded rotten food that can be used as pig feed or fertilizer.

"I'll be back in a minute with the mule... use whatever you see here to hide yourself." He says, rushing to the stables on the other side of the inn.

[Emiko: Roll a Hide check, or take-10 giving yourself a 16. You must choose one or the other.]

Narayan
10-22-2013, 01:16 AM
The moon is already nearly full raising up in the night sky as you slink through the darkness. Random shouts and occasional screams echo both near and far as at least two dozen Vulkyrie circle above you, descending like demons on anyone they fancy suspicious. Many squads of city guards are also on the prowl, accosting and arresting people at random.

Purusartha keeps a quick pace, sometimes brazenly crossing open streets and courtyards. Time was of the essence after all and with so much to fear it was very hard to keep track of it. The closer you get to the eastern side of the city the worse the feeling gets. Time is running out! You can sense it just as easily as your own elevated heart beat.

Finally you come into the neighborhood of the tannery. You can even see the front door to Wrusks home at the end of the street, but suddenly a squad of city guards come into sight at the intersection just before it. Five of them, who appear to be questioning three bystanders.

Purusartha ducks behind a cart left on the street very close to a streetlamp and gestures for you to duck behind him.

Purusartha: "Our invisibility just wore off! Lets wait a minute and see if they move on..."

But no sooner does he say that the bystanders being questioned suddenly try and bolt away from the guards! Only of them manages it, the other two are quickly tackled, but rather then chase after the third the guard sergeant raises a horn to his lips and blows the call for alarm.

Purusartha: "Damn! We have to bypass those guards to reach the tannery somehow... there's not a moment to loose! ideas?"

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_MapofareaaroundWrusksTannery.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/MapofareaaroundWrusksTannery.png.html)

rtcvb32
10-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Bolting to the tannery without the benefit of invisibility was an issue, they were already tense and expecting trouble. Besides making the entire distance without being spotted was highly unlikely.

Going around would be preferred, but now with the Vul going to arrive at any time a fight breaking out seemed like it would happen at any time. The three suspects were likely going to die now.

"Why did the one bolt??" Sauel asked. Either he had just been scared or he was a lycanthrope, regardless of who's side he was on, meaning he would probably be taken out if exposed. "I can make one summon of a creature for a short duration, however magical creatures in the nearby area will only make the area more suspect and probably unsafe."

Damn if only they hadn't blown the horn they could have done something a bit more leisurely. One of them going as a wolf and running and making a chase scene was a bad idea as well unless they had somewhere planned they could disappear or get help at. Taking out a Vul this close to the tannery would only cause problems much like summons and random magic, so stealth seemed the best idea.

"The best suggestion I can think of would be to go around and take another nearby route, unless our friend Cred happens to have magic up his sleeve that could help right now... Did the tannery have an underground entrance? Maybe we can make use of of that somehow."

Tanarus
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
As a small crowd surges towards the entrance they make way for an exotic foreign woman with startling Black eyes. A Caishian lady dressed in black robes carrying a staff. Her feet seem to touch the floor with surprising weight as she steps gracefully between the tables. Behind her, a grey Rhat (that you'd guess was also female) glances to and fro shuffling quickly to keep up with her longer stride.

The lady's angry expression is highlighted by her bright red lips curled in a scowl. But you notice the hint of a pattern and glint to her neck that suggest part of her skin may be more akin to scales? Her black hair is also highlighted by an interesting blend of grey and brown hue's. Black fingernails, curled around her staff, happen to be strangely elongated, almost claw-like.

You overhear the Rhat speaking to her a bit loudly, trying to be heard over the din around you.

Rhat: "Mistress, was that really a dragon we saw in the sky just now?!"

Caishian Lady: "Don't be ridiculous Zhen! That clearly was not a true dragon, but some sort of freakish aberration. I should know of course, being a half-dragon myself."


Amaya: Amaya caught a glimps of a shimmer of steal while looking back at the women. She turned to look at who had just come into the inn wondering if her ears heard everything right. The women called herself a half-dragon? then again.. Amaya's eyes examined the women closely, her neck, hair, fingernails all seemed out of place on any normal women. The skin on the back of her neck in particular. Amaya tried to sat calm, thinking that at least she was right about the assumption that the dragon was probably a magic trick. She leaned back trying to relax alittle, all the while keeping her eyes and ears somewhat on the women and her companion.

Daydreaming
10-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Cael: "Yes that's the idea now come on there's not a moment to loose." Cael says reaching down and dragging Ivar's body up the stairwell. With a great huff he lifts him up in his arms and carries him out the back door.

Outside, echoes of shouts and crowds of people can be heard from the neighboring streets. This night has come far from peaceful.

The mule cart he mentioned is indeed stored behind and beside the inn around the corner. It is a simple, two-wheeled cart with enough cargo space for six large ale barrels. Gingerly, Cael lays Ivars body down on it.

Beside the cart, up against the wall are stacks of empty barrels, crates, ropes, and tarps for securing goods and supplies. There's also several cages with live chickens and other fowl stored outside for sanitary reasons, along with a few buckets of slop and baskets of discarded rotten food that can be used as pig feed or fertilizer.

"I'll be back in a minute with the mule... use whatever you see here to hide yourself." He says, rushing to the stables on the other side of the inn.

[Emiko: Roll a Hide check, or take-10 giving yourself a 16. You must choose one or the other.]



( Hide check: 1D20+6 => 13, haha I should of taken a 10... :doh: )

{She looks around and stops when she finds the baskets of rotten leftover food.}

~Hmmm... Rotting food may help to cover Ivar's scent perhaps? This tarp should help to cover all as well... Maybe some cages of chickens too...~

{ Moving quickly she grabs a tarp and places half of it over Ivar's body so it's fully covered. She scrunches up Ivar's lifeless legs further into the cart so she can fit cages of chickens at the end of the cart. She places enough cages of fowl on top of the bottom tarp to line the rear end of the cart. Before going near the cages of fowl she had made sure that Kitsune was quiet as death and well hidden in her pack so as not to disturb the birds.

Picking up the baskets of rotten food she makes a disgusted face at the smell, then places them on top of the tarp that covers Ivar's body. Making sure he is fully covered. She grabs another tarp, some rope, and enough baskets of rotten food to cover herself as well. Laying the bottom of the second tarp over the cages of fowl at the end of the cart she quickly secures it with rope, and pulls the rest up a bit so it will be easier to pull it over herself. She places the baskets of rotten food on top of the tarp that's covering the cages, so she can reach them when she get's inside the cart.

She takes off her pack and put's it in the cart and climbs in over the upper edge. She scrunches herself down under the bottom tarp and places her pack with Kitsune inside next to her so she can wrap her arm around it and keep Kit from being squished. As she covers her bottom half with the bottom tarp she reaches for the baskets and places them on top of the tarp covering her. Stacking them on top of one another as she moves up her body so she can reach them easily while covering herself and pulling the top tarp further up the cart to cover everything as well. She gets to her upper body and uses one arm to shield Kitsune in her pack from the weight of the basket, as she uses the other arm wriggled free in the upper corner of the cart to slide the last basket on top of the bottom tarp that covers her. She slides her single free hand down the side of the cart and basket and reaches for the upper tarp and yanks it in a thrust to cover the basket on top of her as much as she can.

Sliding her arm back under the bottom tarp she makes sure the bottom tarp covers her fully on the edge and slides her arm back down to her side. As she lays there waiting for Cael to return she focuses her inner energy to cover herself with entropic warding once again just to make sure. Her body glows briefly with light blue light, but not enough to be noticed from under the tarps and baskets she has on top of her, then it fades back to her normal pure white skin. She always makes sure to ward Kit when ever she does it as well, because Kit is like a part of her.}

~Ugh... this stuff smells so bad. I hope Cael returns soon... I should remind him to adjust the upper tarp just in case... I hope this works.~

voidoblivion
10-22-2013, 11:05 PM
I dont know my way around your city, but I could sneak in myself. But my question is is there a way you can sneak in. possibly a sewer to the park from here then maybe sneaking up behind the building? I would feel safer under ground right about now.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

[Approximate time in game = Midnight (12AM)]

Narayan
10-23-2013, 04:00 PM
You don't have to wait long beneath the tarp before you hear hooves and Cael's heavy bootsteps approaching. The cart jerks and shifts a little as he maneuvers the Mule in place affixing a simple harness. It's not the sort of cart where he can sit on it, so he has to walk in front of the mule and lead it along.

Cael: (Spot Check: 2+2 = 4, Fail) If there's anything wrong with your camouflage he apparently doesn't notice. "Emiko, nice job with the camouflage. We're on our way, whatever you do, don't move or make a sound unless I say." He whispers to you hoarsely.

As the cart pulls away from the Inn you immediately feel every bump and jitter from the cobblestones through your body as the cart has no suspension like a carriage. The vibration and endless creaks and rattles makes it hard to think or concentrate on anything else.

After a while you aren't sure how long you've been laying there. Occasionally you hear running footsteps close by, yelling and shouting, even screams, as people rush to return to their homes. The cart moves along agonizingly slow as as Cael dares not attract any unwanted attention. Nevertheless he has to stop and maneuver several times to avoid traffic, crowds, and even bodies in the streets.

You get a bad feeling however as you hear a loud shout closeby. "HALT!" The cart jerks to a stop as you hear Cael call back.

Cael: "WHO ME?"

"YES YOU!" The voice retorts, getting louder as you hear a group of footsteps approach. "Who are you? What are you doing?" The voice asks so close now you can tell its moved up alongside you. The pitch and tone of it sounds very authoritative and confrontational. You'd guess this was the city guard he's talking too.

Cael: "My name is Cael, I work for the Sand Dragon Inn, I'm just moving some refuse over to the docks." (Bluff Check: = 6)

Guard Sergeant: (Sense Motive Check: = 18) "At this hour at a time like this? Are you blind and stupid?"

Guard: "Look, a mule leading a mule..." Another guard says followed by snickers from other guards. 'Mule' was a common derogatory term for half-dwarves.

Cael: "Yeah I know, believe me I'd rather not be out here doing this... but the fisherman made an arrangement with my boss and are very keen to have this slop as bait for night-fishing." (Bluff Check: = 2)

Guard Sergeant: (Sense Motive: = 23) "Night-fishing?" He snorts. "I'm gonna have to search this cart."

Cael: "Suite Yourself..." He says.

Guard Sergeant: "Men! Search the cart!"

As footsteps step closer you start to feel baskets and crates starting to get shifted around. Your heart pounds in your chest.

Guard: (Constitution Check: = 6) "Ugh This stuff stinks!" A guard says as another steps back and pukes.

Guard Sergeant: "You've got to be kidding me?!" He says scolding his men.

Cael: "I know it's disgusting, I don't get paid enough for this garbage. But of course, that goes double for you I suppose? I'm sure you have better things to do." (Bluff Check: = 8)(Re-Roll Bluff with CP from Deathlotus: = 18)

[Emiko: I subtracted 2 CP's from your sheet.]

Guard Sergeant: (Sense Motive Check: = 11) "You're damn right we do! Move along!"

Cael: "YES SIR!" He says, and the cart jerks forward again.

__________________________________________________ _____________

After another long while the cart stops again and you hear Cael's bootsteps move beside you.

Cael: "Emiko. We're here at the Tannery..." He whispers starting to move away some of the boxes.

Lifting up the tarp you notice the cart has stopped at the end of a side street before a door. A placard beside the door says 'Wrusks Tannery'. But another sign says 'DO NOT DISTURB' and has a little diagram showing that you have to circle the block to reach the Main Entrance.

Cael: "The Main Entrance won't be open at this hour, so I figured we should try the entrance to the owners home. Do you know the owner?" ​He asks.

[What do you do?]

__________________________________________________ ______________________

[Approximate time in game = 10PM]

Narayan
10-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Deidra: Focuses her attention on the Lady and Rhat. Putting the play by play of the other onlookers into her peripheral attention. Absently, she places one hand on a thigh dagger, as she finishes eating and calls for another Dwarven Ale.

[That will be another 2 silver pieces, You can have a number of drinks equal to your Con modifier before you have to start making Fortitude Saves vs. Poison to avoid inebriation.]


Amaya: Amaya caught a glimps of a shimmer of steal while looking back at the women. She turned to look at who had just come into the inn wondering if her ears heard everything right. The women called herself a half-dragon? then again.. Amaya's eyes examined the women closely, her neck, hair, fingernails all seemed out of place on any normal women. The skin on the back of her neck in particular. Amaya tried to sat calm, thinking that at least she was right about the assumption that the dragon was probably a magic trick. She leaned back trying to relax alittle, all the while keeping her eyes and ears somewhat on the women and her companion.

The Half-Dragon and her Rhat companion take a seat at a table which is more or less in between the both of you, and just barely close enough to be within listening range of their conversation.

Zhen: "If what you say is true master you must surely be disturbed? You are a priestess of Zu after all, aberrant forms of dragons would go against your religious belief of rule by true dragons."

Half Dragon Lady: "Of course Zhen... I am very disturbed by this sighting. I would like to go take a closer look at this freakish dragon-creature, but that would be too dangerous at the moment. We are in Vulkh after all, I must tread carefully and not arouse the attention of the Vulkyrie. Especially because my gut tells me they are likely behind this."

Zhen: "Then shouldn't we return to Caishia and report this to your high priest?"

Half Dragon Lady: "I will send word yes, but I think it is my duty to investigate this further. I'm sure the high priest would agree."

__________________________________________________ _____________________

[Approximate time in game is 9:30 PM]

Daydreaming
10-23-2013, 11:30 PM
__________________________________________________ _____________

After another long while the cart stops again and you hear Cael's bootsteps move beside you.

Cael: "Emiko. We're here at the Tannery..." He whispers starting to move away some of the baskets.

Lifting up the tarp you notice the cart has stopped at the end of a side street before a door. A placard beside the door says 'Wrusks Tannery'. But another sign says 'DO NOT DISTURB' and has a little diagram showing that you have to circle the block to reach the Main Entrance.

Cael: "The Main Entrance won't be open at this hour, so I figured we should try the entrance to the owners home. Do you know the owner?" ​He asks.

[What do you do?]

__________________________________________________ ______________________

[Approximate time in game = 10PM]



~I don't know anyone in the whole damn world anymore, let alone in this city.... If only Ivar was...~

{She looks distraught as she quickly climbs out of the cart and grabs her pack and put's it back on. She adjusts herself to make sure her hood is up and nothing is stuck to her clothes.}

"I don't know anyone... anywhere..." She trails off in her words sadly. "I only knew to come here because Ivar's last words to me were that we needed to get to Wrusks Tannery to see if his friends might be here. His friends do not know of me at all... The only ones that did were the ones who died in the street... I don't even know their names." She leans on the side of the cart and looks down at the ground searching for an answer. "I am sorry to put you in danger Cael... I am a clueless idiot it seems..." You see tears roll down her cheeks from under her hood. "I know nothing and no one..."

Narayan
10-24-2013, 01:54 AM
For a moment when you reached the tannery Cael's tone seemed glad, but after hearing your words his manner and posture falls again into a worrisome state.

Cael: "I see... so after risking our necks coming here all we know for sure is that we're about to ask someone we've never met to shelter us and help us hide a body. TERRIFIC!" He curses, but after noticing your tears he apologizes.

"I'm sorry Emiko. Don't worry, I'm not going to abandon you. But we need to get off the streets so let's do our best to persuade Wrusk to let us inside." He says, stepping up to Wrusks front door, grabbing the knocker and banging it loudly three times.

After a minute, he repeats that, and then suddenly a pass through opens up within the door.

Wrusk: "Damnit I hear you!" A deep older voice exclaims. "Who the hell are you?!" He asks peering through the pass through. By a glimpse of his face you recognized this man to be a half-orc, far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

Daydreaming
10-24-2013, 02:15 AM
For a moment when you reached the tannery Cael's tone seemed glad, but after hearing your words his manner and posture falls again into a worrisome state.

Cael: "I see... so after risking our necks coming here all we know for sure is that we're about to ask someone we've never met to shelter us and help us hide a body. TERRIFIC!" He curses, but after noticing your tears he apologizes.

"I'm sorry Emiko. Don't worry, I'm not going to abandon you. But we need to get off the streets so let's do our best to persuade Wrusk to let us inside." He says, stepping up to Wrusks front door, grabbing the knocker and banging it loudly three times.

After a minute, he repeats that, and then suddenly a pass through opens up within the door.

Wrusk: "Damnit I hear you!" A deep older voice exclaims. "Who the hell are you?!" He asks peering through the pass through. By a glimpse of his face you recognized this man to be a half-orc, far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

~I can't even think of what to say to this person... Oh well here goes nothing...~

{Emiko steps over to the door so the half-orc can see her and she slides back her hood just enough so he can see her face. The whites of her eyes are red from tears almost matching the ruby color of her irises.}

"I... I am Emiko, and this person with me is Cael. He was kind enough to help me find this place. I apologize for troubling you so late in the night. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind letting us into your establishment so we can talk? The streets are dangerous for the moment and I have some terrible news about someone you may know. I am in search of other friends of theirs as well to inform them also." She holds up her hands and steps back from the door a bit to show him she is unarmed. "You have nothing to fear from me I swear it... I only wish to help with anything that I can."

Narayan
10-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Wrusk: Peers at you closely, probably because his old eyes don't work as well as they used too. "Terrible news you say? About whom?"

Daydreaming
10-24-2013, 03:10 AM
Wrusk: Peers at you closely, probably because his old eyes don't work as well as they used too. "Terrible news you say? About whom?"
{She steps closer to the door once again so she doesn't have to speak very loud to be heard by the half-orc.}

"He said his name is Ivar... I also have news about another who called himself Asher..." She looks around, worried about being seen by city watch. "Please, I can tell you more if you let us inside... When I said it's very dangerous to be out here it was no exaggeration. There are people being killed in the streets. Put Cael and I in shackles if we must appease your suspicion, but please sir... It is a matter of life and death."

Narayan
10-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Wrusk: Grimaces. "It's an ill guest who brings bad news... but I suppose that should be expected on a night like this. Come Inside."

You hear the sound of a bolt being drawn before his heavy front door opens wide. Though he stands a bit stooped and leans on a cane, the old half orc still has the look of a warrior with the hint of some frightening pale scars cut across his leather'ed skin.

You must have interrupted him at relaxation because he's no longer dressed in daily garb, but rather a loose robe belted comfortably around his waist.

Wrusk: "I run a tannery, so of course I'm no stranger to the smell of rotting meat, but if its all the same to you I'd rather not leave a cart of it out in front of my door. My neighbors have enough to gripe about already."

Cael: "Beg your pardon sir, there's no easy way to say this... but Ivar is on that cart. We had to conceal his body under that filth, no disrespect intended."

Wrusk: Frowns. "I see. Bad news indeed. Well best let me help you carry him inside out of sight then. And then if you please, could you then bring that cart round to the main entrance?"

Cael: "Certainly, but I can manage Ivars body myself."

Wrusk: "Yes you're a big lad I can see that. Suite yourself then but be quick about it."

Cael rushes back to the cart and hefts Ivar's body into his arms once again. Inside, Wrusks home is rather well decorated, though clearly to a warriors taste, with lots of old weapons and armor hung on display. He must have been a hunter too apparently, with a variety of skulls and animal hides hung about. There are signs he was far traveled in the form of ornamental objects as well. Some quite ancient and exotic-looking.

After shutting and bolting the door promptly behind you, Wrusk leads you through a large furnished living room warmed by a hearth. There are four chairs arranged before the fire and a low-table in a semi circle. You seem to be alone in the room but suddenly a small monkey pops up behind one of the chairs and shrieks at you baring its fangs.

Wrusk: "Shut up monkey!" He says rapping his cane against the floor boards and waving it at him for emphasis. "Sorry, he doesn't like strangers. Follow me."

He leads you through a kitchen, down a hall and through another door into a back office/storage room. There are windows here, looking out into the tannery works themselves. You can glimpse the main entrance past racks of curing hides and vats of rendering fat.

Wrusk: "Leave Ivar's body back here. Not even the Vulkyrie will be able to sniff out a corpse here!" He snorts. From his manner, It seems Wrusk and Ivar did not know each other well.

Wrusk unlocks and opens his office door so Cael can lay Ivars body down outside. The stench through that door is almost choking, but Wrusk is clearly used to it. He also unlocks the gates of the main entrance so Cael can bring the cart round. After the cart is safely stored inside Cael visibly relaxes.

Cael: "Many thanks sir. I don't know what we would have done if you didn't offer us shelter."

Wrusk: "Call me Wrusk. Please come sit with me by the fire. Bad news is best received in a comfortable chair with strong drink I find."

Daydreaming
10-24-2013, 05:42 AM
~This place reminds me of Ayumu's home a bit... I guess old men have similar tastes in decorating... I am no stranger to the smell of this place though... I remember when Ayumu used to make leathers for us to craft with... Oh I can't take this much longer. I need to relieve myself... I wonder if Wrusk would mind if I used his washroom...~

{She follows Wrusk through the building looking around at his collections silently. She stops when he asks her to sit with him by the fire.}

"I am sorry that we couldn't meet under better conditions. I am also very sorry to be an 'ill guest' as you put it... I didn't know what else to do, all I know is that Ivar mentioned this place before he died..." She looks down at the floor a bit embarrassed and looks back up at Wrusk. "I was wondering... before we talk is there any chance I could use your washroom? I was just in a cart with rotting food and I haven't had a chance to relieve myself for several hours."

Windstar
10-24-2013, 08:52 AM
[That will be another 2 silver pieces, You can have a number of drinks equal to your Con modifier before you have to start making Fortitude Saves vs. Poison to avoid inebriation.]



The Half-Dragon and her Rhat companion take a seat at a table which is more or less in between the both of you, and just barely close enough to be within listening range of their conversation.

Zhen: "If what you say is true master you must surely be disturbed? You are a priestess of Zu after all, aberrant forms of dragons would go against your religious belief of rule by true dragons."

Half Dragon Lady: "Of course Zhen... I am very disturbed by this sighting. I would like to go take a closer look at this freakish dragon-creature, but that would be too dangerous at the moment. We are in Vulkh after all, I must tread carefully and not arouse the attention of the Vulkyrie. Especially because my gut tells me they are likely behind this."

Zhen: "Then shouldn't we return to Caishia and report this to your high priest?"

Half Dragon Lady: "I will send word yes, but I think it is my duty to investigate this further. I'm sure the high priest would agree."

__________________________________________________ _____________________

[Approximate time in game is 9:30 PM]

Deidra: Nursing her ale, while she is still listening to the Lady and the rhat for information she will listen to the onlookers to see if the crowd calms down any.

Narayan
10-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Wrusk: "Of course, it's down the hall." He says gesturing towards the hall you saw when you first came through his front door. "Now Cael, what sort of drink you favor?" You overhear him asking as you leave the living room.

Daydreaming
10-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Wrusk: "Of course, it's down the hall." He says gesturing towards the hall you saw when you first came through his front door. "Now Cael, what sort of drink you favor?" You overhear him asking as you leave the living room.

~Oh thank goodness! I didn't think I could wait much longer... Yes, Kit, I know you feel it too...~

"Thank you very much Wrusk, you're very kind." She says as she makes her way back down the hall they came from.

{She looks warily around the halls look for the washroom. Seeing a room that looks promising, she enters to find she was correct. She shuts the door and puts down her pack on the floor, letting out Kitsune. She quickly makes use of the privy and makes her way over to the wash basin. As she pours some water from a nearby pitcher into the basin, Kit decides to use the privy as well. Kitsune is very well trained to be just like a person in most things.

Emiko rummages through her pack and pulls out her jasmine scented soap and sets it on the table next to the wash basin. Moving quickly she takes off her clothes and cloak and gives them a sort of dry wash with a tiny bit of water and her soap, trying to lessen the smells of death and rotten food. She lays them over the side of the wash tub to dry out. Using her fingers to brush through her long hair she lathers her hands with the scented soap in between, to give her hair a bit of a dry wash as well. She ties her hair up into a loose sort of ponytail/bun and looks down to see Kit watching her curiously. Smiling at Kit she begins to lather up the scented soap again and wash the rest of her body and her face. As she begins to wrap up the soap and put it away, Kit whimpers at her.}

~Okay Kit... I'll wash you a bit too...~

{She lifts Kitsune up to the basin and lathers up her hands to run them through Kit's fur a few times. When she sets Kit back down on the floor again, Kitsune decides to shake her fur out sprinkling Emiko with droplets of scented water a bit.

Emiko wraps up her jasmine soap and puts it back into her pack. She picks up her clothes and cloak from the wash tub and quickly puts them back on, making sure to pull up the hood of her cloak over her hair again leaving her face showing. She uses the bottom of her cloak to dry off Kit a bit more and then puts her back into her pack. She picks up her pack and pulls it back onto her back and looks around to make sure she hasn't left a mess. Once she sees everything looks okay she opens the door and goes back down the hall to where Wrusk and Cael are waiting.}

~I hope Wrusk and Cael are not angry with me for making them wait... I just can't stand smelling like that... It reminds me too much of Norio... Even in death I still can't forgive you 'father'...~

{As she comes back into the room you see her face look a bit angry, but then her expression changes to a happier one when she sees Wrusk and Cael.}

"I am so sorry to make you both wait... I just couldn't stand that smell from the cart being all over me any longer." She says giving a slight smile as the sweet and spicy smell of jasmine flowers emanates from her.

Narayan
10-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Cael and Wrusk are seated in two of the large armchairs before the fire holding mugs of ale. The small monkey perched on Wrusks shoulder starts gibbering and baring its fangs at you as you enter the room.

Wrusk: "Shut up monkey! Sorry about that Emiko. I don't know why this monkey is so agitated by you? Please make yourself comfortable. Are you thirsty? I can get you a drink? We have a lot to talk about. Cael has told me everything he knows, but he wasn't in this battle you mentioned with Kasha and the Vulkyrie?"

Tanarus
10-27-2013, 01:34 PM
The Half-Dragon and her Rhat companion take a seat at a table which is more or less in between the both of you, and just barely close enough to be within listening range of their conversation.

Zhen: "If what you say is true master you must surely be disturbed? You are a priestess of Zu after all, aberrant forms of dragons would go against your religious belief of rule by true dragons."

Half Dragon Lady: "Of course Zhen... I am very disturbed by this sighting. I would like to go take a closer look at this freakish dragon-creature, but that would be too dangerous at the moment. We are in Vulkh after all, I must tread carefully and not arouse the attention of the Vulkyrie. Especially because my gut tells me they are likely behind this."

Zhen: "Then shouldn't we return to Caishia and report this to your high priest?"

Half Dragon Lady: "I will send word yes, but I think it is my duty to investigate this further. I'm sure the high priest would agree."

Amaya sat silently listening in on the conversation the drakonic women was having with her little friend. She didn't know how to respond to anything that was being said, it was all a little over her head to be fully honest with herself. Amaya's attention drifted to the crowd for a moment to see what they were up too before listening back in to the women behind her. Dragon priest's and such, seemed like all nonsense but then again, considering what she was she shouldn't be talking.

Daydreaming
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Cael and Wrusk are seated in two of the large armchairs before the fire holding mugs of ale. The small monkey perched on Wrusks shoulder starts gibbering and baring its fangs at you as you enter the room.

Wrusk: "Shut up monkey! Sorry about that Emiko. I don't know why this monkey is so agitated by you? Please make yourself comfortable. Are you thirsty? I can get you a drink? We have a lot to talk about. Cael has told me everything he knows, but he wasn't in this battle you mentioned with Kasha and the Vulkyrie?"

{She looks a bit startled over the monkey's behavior, but then moves to sit on the floor between the two chairs that Wrusk and Cael are sitting in. Sitting cross-legged on the floor she takes off her pack and places it in her lap holding it like it's a small child.}

~I wonder if maybe that monkey can sense you Kit? It's very odd... Normally animals are very fond of me...~

"Yes, please... a cup of water would be very kind of you..." She says looking up at Wrusk. "..and no, Cael was not with us he is a brave protector of the Sand Dragon Inn and was kind enough to help me... although I wish I didn't require so much help... I hate to be a burden..." She looks at Cael apologetically. "As for your monkey... I think he may be frightened by my friend... Normally animals are quite fond of me. I have spent most of my life with only animals as friends. My little friend... She is here in my pack... I didn't want to bring her out until I could ask you if it was okay to do so..." She says looking at Wrusk once again, then turns to look at the flames of the fire in front of her. "Her name is Kitsune, but you can call her Kit... She is a little white fox... like me... and she is my only friend in all the world..." She says sadly as she stares off into the fire. She looks back to Wrusk. "Is it alright if I let her out? It's not very comfortable for her, being enclosed in my pack so much, but if you prefer her to stay there for now I can soothe her to sleep, so it's not so bad..." She begins to hum a song very faintly while petting the side of her pack and rocking back and forth a bit, as she waits for Wrusk's reply.

Narayan
10-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Deidra: Nursing her ale, while she is still listening to the Lady and the rhat for information she will listen to the onlookers to see if the crowd calms down any.

The crowd seems to get more agitated by the minute as people get a glimpse of the huge creature soaring over the palaces and towers of the city. And then, there are shouts and observations that many Vulkyrie are starting to take to the air as well, causing some to speculate that they must be rising to do battle with the dragon! However, as minutes draw on, this seems not to be the case after all. Which raises even more confused questions by the befuddled onlookers.


Amaya sat silently listening in on the conversation the drakonic women was having with her little friend. She didn't know how to respond to anything that was being said, it was all a little over her head to be fully honest with herself. Amaya's attention drifted to the crowd for a moment to see what they were up too before listening back in to the women behind her. Dragon priest's and such, seemed like all nonsense but then again, considering what she was she shouldn't be talking.

Suddenly, a rather plump halfling steps before your table, dressed in the bright garb of a performer holding a lute in this hands. He wears reddish leather moccasins featuring tinkling bells. His hair is light blonde beneath a fancy hat and his hazel eyes are warm and twinkling complimenting a charming smile.

Halfling: "Would you care for a song my lady?" He asks deftly strumming a few strings of his lute to demonstrate his skill and finesse. "Normally people pay a silver piece for the privilege, but for you maybe I'll play just one for free." He says adding in a wink for good measure.

Narayan
10-28-2013, 04:12 PM
{She looks a bit startled over the monkey's behavior, but then moves to sit on the floor between the two chairs that Wrusk and Cael are sitting in. Sitting cross-legged on the floor she takes off her pack and places it in her lap holding it like it's a small child.}

~I wonder if maybe that monkey can sense you Kit? It's very odd... Normally animals are very fond of me...~

"Yes, please... a cup of water would be very kind of you..." She says looking up at Wrusk. "..and no, Cael was not with us he is a brave protector of the Sand Dragon Inn and was kind enough to help me... although I wish I didn't require so much help... I hate to be a burden..." She looks at Cael apologetically. "As for your monkey... I think he may be frightened by my friend... Normally animals are quite fond of me. I have spent most of my life with only animals as friends. My little friend... She is here in my pack... I didn't want to bring her out until I could ask you if it was okay to do so..." She says looking at Wrusk once again, then turns to look at the flames of the fire in front of her. "Her name is Kitsune, but you can call her Kit... She is a little white fox... like me... and she is my only friend in all the world..." She says sadly as she stares off into the fire. She looks back to Wrusk. "Is it alright if I let her out? It's not very comfortable for her, being enclosed in my pack so much, but if you prefer her to stay there for now I can soothe her to sleep, so it's not so bad..." She begins to hum a song very faintly while petting the side of her pack and rocking back and forth a bit, as she waits for Wrusk's reply.

Wrusk: "Oh! That must be what he's on about. This monkey really dislikes other pets. It's intolerable really, let me put him away in my room so you can let your little fox out. Besides, I should probably get dressed again. This is no time to lounge about in a robe given your arrival and tonight's tragedy. You've seen the kitchen Emiko so help yourself to some water or whatever else you might fancy. Excuse me I'll be back shortly." He says, rising to his feet again with the aid of his bone-white cane leaving you and Cael alone.

Cael: "I'm sorry you had to ride in the cart covered with filth like that Emiko. But did you hear me speaking to those guards? We were lucky, very lucky, to avoid discovery. I'm afraid I'm not much for legerdemain. My brother Caelim is better at that sort of thing."

Daydreaming
10-29-2013, 04:48 AM
Wrusk: "Oh! That must be what he's on about. This monkey really dislikes other pets. It's intolerable really, let me put him away in my room so you can let your little fox out. Besides, I should probably get dressed again. This is no time to lounge about in a robe given your arrival and tonight's tragedy. You've seen the kitchen Emiko so help yourself to some water or whatever else you might fancy. Excuse me I'll be back shortly." He says, rising to his feet again with the aid of his bone-white cane leaving you and Cael alone.

Cael: "I'm sorry you had to ride in the cart covered with filth like that Emiko. But did you hear me speaking to those guards? We were lucky, very lucky, to avoid discovery. I'm afraid I'm not much for legerdemain. My brother Caelim is better at that sort of thing."

{When she sees that wrusk has safely put away the monkey, she let's Kit out of her pack. Kitsune runs close to the fire to liedown and warm herself. Emiko stands up leaving her pack on the floor by Kit and heads to the kitchen to grab a cup of water.}

"It's alright Cael..." She says as she walks past, "...without you I would be dead, so I think you did very well."

{She drinks her water quickly in the kitchen and walks back to where they were sitting and takes her previous seat, cross-legged on the floor. She reaches in her pack and pulls out a big book, a vial of ink and an ink pen. Her hair sort of falls forward into her face as she leans in to the book drawing a little picture in the top corner of a page. She begins to write in some strange symbol language (Katanese), very quickly, as if pouring out her thoughts onto paper. If you were to look closely at the small picture you would see a tiny vul dragon and a severed head below it. She begins to hum a song while she intensely writes in her book with an emotionless look on her face.}

~Yes... I believe that's an accurate picture... Now for the story...~

Tanarus
10-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Suddenly, a rather plump halfling steps before your table, dressed in the bright garb of a performer holding a lute in this hands. He wears reddish leather moccasins featuring tinkling bells. His hair is light blonde beneath a fancy hat and his hazel eyes are warm and twinkling complimenting a charming smile.

Halfling: "Would you care for a song my lady?" He asks deftly strumming a few strings of his lute to demonstrate his skill and finesse. "Normally people pay a silver piece for the privilege, but for you maybe I'll play just one for free." He says adding in a wink for good measure.

Amaya: Amaya quickly looked to the voice that had started talking to her. Seeing a plump little halfling in front of her table, she gave off a small smirk but turned away. "No thank you sir, I am just tired an hungry and not much in the mood for music." Amaya said as polite as she could. It was true she was quite hungry and tired but she also wanted to listen in on the more pressing conversation going on behind her.

Narayan
10-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Halfling: "No worries, I'm happy to take a break." He says pulling out a chair to take a seat at your table. "So long journey eh? That's an interesting accent you have. Wait don't tell me! From the look of you I'd say you were a southerner from Maharatha am I right? I've always wanted to travel there. I've never seen an elephant or a hippo. They say their rivers are full with crocodiles over twenty feet long from tail to snapper, along with huge serpents that grow three times that length!" {shudders}

"But the jungles are a true no mans land, with swarms of poisonous insects, intelligent plants, giant apes, and of course the kings of the jungle, tigers as heavy as horses! Please excuse me, I have a morbid fascination with dangerous creatures. Surely you must have encountered something down there worth talking about? Tell me a good story and I might buy you a drink. Oh excuse me, where are my manners... my name is Eros by the way."

[Deidra: There's a chance you overhear this, roll a listen check.]

Narayan
10-29-2013, 11:16 PM
{When she sees that wrusk has safely put away the monkey, she let's Kit out of her pack. Kitsune runs close to the fire to liedown and warm herself. Emiko stands up leaving her pack on the floor by Kit and heads to the kitchen to grab a cup of water.}

"It's alright Cael..." She says as she walks past, "...without you I would be dead, so I think you did very well."

{She drinks her water quickly in the kitchen and walks back to where they were sitting and takes her previous seat, cross-legged on the floor. She reaches in her pack and pulls out a big book, a vial of ink and an ink pen. Her hair sort of falls forward into her face as she leans in to the book drawing a little picture in the top corner of a page. She begins to write in some strange symbol language (Katanese), very quickly, as if pouring out her thoughts onto paper. If you were to look closely at the small picture you would see a tiny vul dragon and a severed head below it. She begins to hum a song while she intensely writes in her book with an emotionless look on her face.}

~Yes... I believe that's an accurate picture... Now for the story...~

Cael: "I'd like to do more, but I'm not sure what's really going on? Who was this Asher person?"

Wrusk: "You speak of Asher in the past tense?" The old half orc says as he reappears dressed in finely made leathers and boots. "Did something befall him?" He asks questioning Emiko.

Windstar
10-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Deidra:Windstar rolls some dice

Daydreaming
10-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Cael: "I'd like to do more, but I'm not sure what's really going on? Who was this Asher person?"

Wrusk: "You speak of Asher in the past tense?" The old half orc says as he reappears dressed in finely made leathers and boots. "Did something befall him?" He asks questioning Emiko.


~Hmmm I guess this will have to wait... and just when I was starting to feel okay...~

{She looks up from her book at the others and sets down her pen and ink safely beside her.}

"Well... I may as well tell you all that happened, from what I know of it anyhow..." She says in a matter of fact way. "I arrived at the Sand Dragon Inn and met a rhat named Tix and a kobold named Cred outside. They seemed interesting so I convinced Cael here to let them come inside and dine with me." She gestures towards Cael. "We talked of this city and Cred asked me if I wished to do something grand to help others. Before I could answer, Ivar decided to introduce himself and join us as well. We were eating and drinking and before more conversation could continue, a man who called himself Asher came to our table and seemed in a rush. He asked for Ivar and Tix to join him in helping their other friends who were being attacked in an alley outside. Cred and I offered to go with them and help."

"When we got outside there was a woman they called Kasha and three others attacking a person in the street and some of their other friends in the alley as well. I saw Ivar and the others that were close to their enemies being heavily attacked so I tried to use my powers to help defend them by attacking their enemies. Unfortunately, my powers..." She pauses.

{She holds out her bare hand in a cupped manner in front of her and let's her inner power manifest. Her hand begins to glow light blue against her pure white skin and a handful of blue flames erupts in her cupped hand. She let's it grow just fierce enough for them to see how much light it gives off. She let's it die down again and return to normal and puts her hand back on top of her book where it was before.}

"They're bright..." She begins again. "I didn't think about the Vulkyrie that patrol the city or that they might see my flames... I've never been here before..." She says looking embarrassed and regretful.

"Anyways... I killed one of the others that was with Kasha before they could kill Ivar. When Kasha and her friends saw my flames they ran away and disappeared. As soon as they vanished a Vulkyrie appeared and started attacking us before we could even talk to it or explain. We killed it, but another showed up in robes and a huge creature that looked like a mixture of a Vul and a dragon. Like this..." She holds up her book and shows them the small picture she drew of the creature. "The robed Vulkyrie killed Tix, and turned another of their friends to stone and the Vul dragon landed on Asher and ripped off his head and spit it out into the street..." She says as she puts the book back down into her lap and looks at the picture again herself.

Looking sadly at the picture of the severed head she begins again. "Cred must have ran and escaped with the other friends of Ivar's in the alley... I don't know... There was nothing we could do, so Ivar and I ran back to the Sand Dragon Inn. I warded myself from being tracked, but I can't do the same for others... and... I thought Ivar was okay. He slumped on the stairs from his wounds and he told me we have to get to Wrusk's Tannery to see if the others made it okay. Then he told me to go ask Cael or his brother for help inside the inn. I ran and got Cael, but when we returned to Ivar... He was already dead. I tried to revive him... but he was too far gone..."

"I feel so stupid... It's my fault they died... I didn't think..." She looks up at the both of them again. "I'm so sorry... to everyone... I... I just wanted to help. I had to do something... If... If you don't want me around anymore... I understand... I... I am used to being alone..." She says trailing off quietly with tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

{She wipes away the tears with her hands and pulls up her hood more to cover most of her face. Rocking slightly back and forth she begins to write intensely in her book again as if it might help her not feel the pain anymore. Kitsune gets up from where she was laying by the fire and snuggles close to Emiko, licking the side of Emiko's leg as if it could make her feel better.}

Narayan
10-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Cael: Looks shocked as he reacts to Emiko's account of her battle earlier with the Vulkyrie. "Moradin watch over me! What a nightmare! Who was Asher to make the Vulkyrie seek to destroy him so badly?"

Wrusk: "I think I can answer that. Asher was a prince. A long-lost descendant of the late King Hamza. He came here to Masaeus seeking allies to retake his throne."

Cael: "Oh really?! How unfortunate that he won't succeed."

Wrusk: "Yes it is tragic, but honestly I wasn't convinced Asher was capable of the task. Yet with one of their own slain, the Vulkyrie won't be satisfied with just his death. I fear the streets will run red with blood tonight."

Cael: "Which reminds me I should not stay. I left the inn with very little explanation. It's my job to watch over the place. My brother will also be worried about me. I just wanted to deliver Emiko to safety. Is it alright if she takes shelter here tonight Wrusk?"

Wrusk: "Of course. I would also extend the same courtesy to you young man, it would be unwise to make your way back now. Your brother I'm sure would rather not know where you are, than learn you were arrested and killed. Besides, by associating with those who were a party with Asher, you are a conspirator now, like it or not. Things you've heard will put your friends and loved ones in danger if they ever interrogate you. Best not to risk falling into their clutches. By aiding Emiko and smuggling Ivars body here, you've already forfeit your life as far as the Vulkyrie are concerned."

Cael: Snorts. "No good deed goes unpunished in this kingdom it seems."

Wrusk: "That is exactly right. The Vulkyrie killed my son Roth so they earned my hatred a long time ago. I don't see things getting any better unless they are deposed from power. I know neither of you asked for this, but Ashers other comrades can use your help. I'm sure they will make their way back here as soon as they can. We should expect them soon."

Daydreaming
10-31-2013, 04:22 AM
~Maybe I should leave this land... It seems like all I bring is suffering to people... Fire always destroys everything it touches...~

{You see Emiko get more stressed at the mention of Cael being at risk too. As Wrusk finishes talking she blows on the last of the ink writing in her book so it will dry. She slams her book closed quickly and stuffs all of her things back in to her pack. Kitsune hops into Emiko's lap and curls up with her to sleep. Emiko turns to the fire and stares into the flames, rocking a bit and humming a song again while she gently pets Kit on the back.}

Narayan
10-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Zhen: "And how are we going to do that master? We should be avoiding the Vulkyrie, not spying on them."

Half Dragon Lady: "We have the new temple almost ready. When the faithful come to pray, I'll reach out to them to put us in contact with some local rogues who can do our spying for us."

Zhen: "That is very dangerous work, it's not likely to come cheap."

Half Dragon Lady: "That is true, but if I share some of what I brought with me from Caishia I think they'll do just about anything for me."

[Amaya: As you are being distracted by Eros,you need to make a listen check (DC 17) to overhear these words between the half dragon lady and her Rhat follower. Deidra hears them fine however.]

Narayan
10-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Wrusk: "Emiko I think there's someone you should meet. I keep a safe house in the cellar, and not all of Asher's conspirators left earlier. Cael you should come see it too, there's a forge down there in disuse."

Tanarus
10-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Halfling: "No worries, I'm happy to take a break." He says pulling out a chair to take a seat at your table. "So long journey eh? That's an interesting accent you have. Wait don't tell me! From the look of you I'd say you were a southerner from Maharatha am I right? I've always wanted to travel there. I've never seen an elephant or a hippo. They say their rivers are full with crocodiles over twenty feet long from tail to snapper, along with huge serpents that grow three times that length!" {shudders}

"But the jungles are a true no mans land, with swarms of poisonous insects, intelligent plants, giant apes, and of course the kings of the jungle, tigers as heavy as horses! Please excuse me, I have a morbid fascination with dangerous creatures. Surely you must have encountered something down there worth talking about? Tell me a good story and I might buy you a drink. Oh excuse me, where are my manners... my name is Eros by the way."

Amaya: Amaya realized he wasn't just going to go away, it was slightly annoying when she was trying to hear what was going on behind her. Amaya tried to not listen to the little minstrel. Hearing the last of his words, Amaya looted at him slightly. "I am sorry, I have no stories to tell, I am not much of an interesting person" Amaya said softly to his proposal of story for drink. "Not to mention looks like everyone is to busy to serve anything." Amaya added looking back to the crowd of people at the doors and windows. "Um, I don't normally share my name with just anyone either, sorry sir." Amaya said softly still not looking at him and trying to listen as the half dragon spoke once more.

(Listen roll = 24)

Even with the little man speaking, Amaya could clearly over hear the half dragon and her friend talking behind her. But hearing and understanding were two different things. Amaya wasn't sure what the women meant by "the faithful" and heard she was looking for spies. But the danger didn't fly over her head just because the prospect of alot of money. Amaya was here to find out more about herself, not to spy for others even if it was worth a good coin.

Windstar
11-01-2013, 05:21 AM
Deidra: Thinking of the possibilities, she continues nursing her ale tuning the outer rucus out she focuses on the Lady and if they leave she will discretely follow.

Narayan
11-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Amaya: Amaya realized he wasn't just going to go away, it was slightly annoying when she was trying to hear what was going on behind her. Amaya tried to not listen to the little minstrel. Hearing the last of his words, Amaya looted at him slightly. "I am sorry, I have no stories to tell, I am not much of an interesting person" Amaya said softly to his proposal of story for drink. "Not to mention looks like everyone is to busy to serve anything." Amaya added looking back to the crowd of people at the doors and windows. "Um, I don't normally share my name with just anyone either, sorry sir." Amaya said softly still not looking at him and trying to listen as the half dragon spoke once more.

Eros: {shrugs} "Well I'll be around if you change your mind." He says excusing himself.


Deidra: Thinking of the possibilities, she continues nursing her ale tuning the outer rucus out she focuses on the Lady and if they leave she will discretely follow.

The plump little halfling moves away from the other ladies table and meanders over to yours.

Eros: {takes a small bow} "Greetings miss! My name is Eros. Would you be interested in a song? Or perhaps you'd like to share a drink? You seem quite interesting to me, I bet you know some good stories?" He asks flashing a smile.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The crowd of people at the entrance are concerned by the sighting of this Vuldrake creature and the Vulkyrie taking to the skies. Some are convinced that a storm of trouble is coming and start leaving in ones and two's, advising others to go home while they can. Yet for the time being, most would rather not give up on a good time just yet and go back to their tables and drinks.

Then both of you spot someone new pass through the doors of the Inn approaching the half dragon ladies table.

A tall Akhenaten man, probably in his late thirties with wavy black hair and a closely cropped goatee. His eyes are dark and full of confidence. His desert robes are golden-brown with black accents. He wears a black sash around his waist, tucked with a jambiya dagger and a scimitar at his hip. There are golden rings on his fingers, and a golden chain around his neck.

As he steps up to the ladies table he dips his head down out of courtesy.

Akhenaten Man: "Good evening Kelest." He addresses the half dragon lady.

Kelest: "And you as well Saeed. Please sit." She answers him.

Saeed: {Sits} "Tonight appears to be anything but boring. I fear we'll have to keep this meeting short, the streets will get dangerous very soon."

Kelest: {Smirks} "Is that so Saeed? I would think a slaver of your reputation and influence would not be troubled in this city?"

Saeed: {laughs} "If only that were true. Reputation isn't everything, if that were so I doubt I would imagine a Caishian lady like yourself speaking to a man like me. Slavery has been outlawed in Caishia for the last seven hundred and fifty years after all."

Kelest: "That is true, but that was not by Mandate of Zu. Faithful like myself do not trouble ourselves with the laws of the new dynasty."

Saeed: "Apparently not, nor do you seem very concerned with the laws of Vulkh, given our arrangement."

Kelest: "A risk we are both willing to take it would seem."

They are interrupted by a table-maid who moves over to take orders from them. Kelest and Saeed order wine, while Zhen settles for tea.

[Amaya and Deidra: Make spot checks please.]

Daydreaming
11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Wrusk: "Emiko I think there's someone you should meet. I keep a safe house in the cellar, and not all of Asher's conspirators left earlier. Cael you should come see it too, there's a forge down there in disuse."

"What? Who?" She says turning to Wrusk with her face lighting up a bit in excitement. "Oh, alright. Lead the way."

{She gets up to follow Wrusk, holding Kitsune in her arms.}

Narayan
11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Wrusk leads the pair of you into his back office, revealing a secret door behind a tall wall cabinet that reveals a stairwell leading into a cellar.

Inside, the air in the cellar is old and damp. It is a large, square chamber about 50 ft on a side, with several heavy wooden posts holding up the floor twelve feet above. There is a large forge and kiln in one corner, and also work tables, piled with old hammers and tools wrapped in oiled rags to prevent rust, and two anvils, one large and one small. That corner of the cellar could easily serve as a smithy again.

Another corner serves as a living area with two tables, an oven and an iron stove. Cabinets there hold lots of pottery, cups and cutlery, but nothing edible. The rest of the cellar is largely empty, with some old crates and barrels stacked about, apparently forgotten and not likely holding anything of value. Another corner contains a huge stack of firewood, enough to run the forge, cook meals and warm the cellar for an entire year. Much of it is covered with layers of spiderwebs and carries the scent of mold.

You also spot someone inside sitting beside the hot stove, well stoked to warm the large cellar that is naturally chilly. It is a Keu. An almost mythical avian race covered with bright feathers. And above it, perched on the chair is a rather larger golden eagle. Your guess is this Keu is female, and she stands from her seat rather startled as you enter.

Wrusk: "Don't be alarmed Achetti. It is Wrusk, and I have brought some guests I thought you should meet."

rtcvb32
11-03-2013, 04:00 PM
(Didn't Asher and Ivar and Yorick work a while and clean the place up a bit more than that?)

Windstar
11-03-2013, 04:23 PM
.

Eros: {takes a small bow} "Greetings miss! My name is Eros. Would you be interested in a song? Or perhaps you'd like to share a drink? You seem quite interesting to me, I bet you know some good stories?" He asks flashing a smile.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The crowd of people at the entrance are concerned by the sighting of this Vuldrake creature and the Vulkyrie taking to the skies. Some are convinced that a storm of trouble is coming and start leaving in ones and two's, advising others to go home while they can. Yet for the time being, most would rather not give up on a good time just yet and go back to their tables and drinks.

Then both of you spot someone new pass through the doors of the Inn approaching the half dragon ladies table.

A tall Akhenaten man, probably in his late thirties with wavy black hair and a closely cropped goatee. His eyes are dark and full of confidence. His desert robes are golden-brown with black accents. He wears a black sash around his waist, tucked with a jambiya dagger and a scimitar at his hip. There are golden rings on his fingers, and a golden chain around his neck.

As he steps up to the ladies table he dips his head down out of courtesy.

Akhenaten Man: "Good evening Kelest." He addresses the half dragon lady.

Kelest: "And you as well Saeed. Please sit." She answers him.

Saeed: {Sits} "Tonight appears to be anything but boring. I fear we'll have to keep this meeting short, the streets will get dangerous very soon."

Kelest: {Smirks} "Is that so Saeed? I would think a slaver of your reputation and influence would not be troubled in this city?"

Saeed: {laughs} "If only that were true. Reputation isn't everything, if that were so I doubt I would imagine a Caishian lady like yourself speaking to a man like me. Slavery has been outlawed in Caishia for the last seven hundred and fifty years after all."

Kelest: "That is true, but that was not by Mandate of Zu. Faithful like myself do not trouble ourselves with the laws of the new dynasty."

Saeed: "Apparently not, nor do you seem very concerned with the laws of Vulkh, given our arrangement."

Kelest: "A risk we are both willing to take it would seem."

They are interrupted by a table-maid who moves over to take orders from them. Kelest and Saeed order wine, while Zhen settles for tea.

[Amaya and Deidra: Make spot checks please.]

Deidra:
Deidra rolls, Windstar rolls some dice

Adopting her best dwarven snarl, "Leave me alone, little one, I have no need for song this day"

Daydreaming
11-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Wrusk leads the pair of you into his back office, revealing a secret door behind a tall wall cabinet that reveals a stairwell leading into a cellar.

Inside, the air in the cellar is old and damp. It is a large, square chamber about 50 ft on a side, with several heavy wooden posts holding up the floor twelve feet above. There is a large forge and kiln in one corner, and also work tables, piled with old hammers and tools wrapped in oiled rags to prevent rust, and two anvils, one large and one small. That corner of the cellar could easily serve as a smithy again.

Another corner serves as a living area with two tables, an oven and an iron stove. Cabinets there hold lots of pottery, cups and cutlery, but nothing edible. The rest of the cellar is largely empty, with some old crates and barrels stacked about, apparently forgotten and not likely holding anything of value. Another corner contains a huge stack of firewood, enough to run the forge, cook meals and warm the cellar for an entire year. Much of it is covered with layers of spiderwebs and carries the scent of mold.

You also spot someone inside sitting beside the hot stove, well stoked to warm the large cellar that is naturally chilly. It is a Keu. An almost mythical avian race covered with bright feathers. And above it, perched on the chair is a rather larger golden eagle. Your guess is this Keu is female, and she stands from her seat rather startled as you enter.

Wrusk: "Don't be alarmed Achetii. It is Wrusk, and I have brought some guests I thought you should meet."

(Rolls for knowledge (nature): 1D20+1 => 18)

~Those colors! She is so beautiful.... She must be...~

"You're a Keu aren't you?!" She says in excitement at the sight of Achetii. "I've read about your kind in books. I've seen beautiful pictures of Keu... But nothing compares to seeing you in person! You're so beautiful!" She says as she drops to the floor on her knees in awe of Achetii.

Narayan
11-05-2013, 03:43 AM
The Keu looks rather nervous, embarrassed and shy as the center of attention. She wears a drab grey-brown cloak over bright red, blue, and green feathers. Her Sun Eagle is stares at you and adjusts its wings irritably.

Achetii: "...Thank you. You're rather remarkable-looking yourself, for a human." She comments with a delightfully melodic voice.

Wrusk: "This is Emiko and Cael. They are going to take shelter here tonight. There's been some trouble, the others are probably making their way back as quickly as they can. I don't expect we'll get much rest until everyone is back safely."

Achetii: "Trouble?" She asks nervously. "I hope no one is hurt?"

Wrusk: "I'll leave you three to get acquainted. I should stay by the door in case someone else comes knocking. I brought some food and drink down earlier, as well as extra blankets and household items, so please don't come upstairs unless it's important. City guards and/or Vulkyrie could storm in at anytime and there's no point having a secret safehouse in the cellar if you don't stay hidden down here."

Daydreaming
11-05-2013, 08:11 AM
{You see Emiko's face change from a happy excited look to a more grim and sorrowful one as Achetii asks her question. Emiko awkwardly makes her way to the wall closest to the entrance of the chamber and leans against it sitting on the floor. She makes Kitsune more comfortable in her lap.}

~No... How can I tell her what's happened? I don't wish to bring her fear and sadness when she must be so full of fear already being in this city... Oh... My pack... I left it upstairs!~

"Thank you Wrusk, but I left my pack upstairs by the fire. Could you be so kind as to throw it down here to me. We wouldn't want them finding that either..." She says turning to Wrusk as he's making his way back up.

{Once Wrusk returns to quickly toss Emiko's pack down to her, she catches it and nods a thanks to him. She pulls out her large book from her pack again and looks for the string she uses as a bookmark to find the page she was on last. As soon as she sees that they are closed up in the room again she looks back to Achetii, studying her with her eyes, trying to figure out what to say it seems.}

~I wonder how close she was to them... Well, it's better that she knows what happened... Not knowing can be a more cruel fate...~

"You are a friend of Ivar, Asher, Tix, and their other companions, Achetii?" She says, trying to ease into the words that will come next.

Narayan
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Achetti steps over closer to Emiko, shying away from Cael. She seems frightened of being overheard so she keeps her voice lower than necessary. (Which is very unlikely given there's a layer of stone beneath the floor above)

Achetii: "I only met them earlier today, no offense but I wouldn't call them friends just yet. This is my first visit to this kingdom, and frankly I would be glad to leave."

Cael steps away to let the young ladies chat together, moving over to the forge.

Daydreaming
11-06-2013, 02:34 PM
~Oh thank goodness...~

""Well... I may as well tell you what happened..." She says looking a bit relieved at Achetii's words. "A man who called himself Asher, and his companions Ivar, Tix, and others whose names I do not know, were attacked by a strange woman named Kasha and some of her friends." She says, cutting the story short for Achetii.

"I tried to use my powers to help defend them by attacking their enemies. Unfortunately, my powers..." She pauses. "They're very bright... I didn't think about the Vulkyrie that patrol the city or that they might see my flames... It was stupid of me..." She says regretfully.

"I killed one of the others that was with Kasha before they could kill Ivar. When Kasha and her friends saw my flames they ran away and disappeared. As soon as they vanished a Vulkyrie appeared and started attacking us before we could even talk to it or explain. We killed it, but another showed up in robes and a huge creature that looked like a mixture of a Vul and a dragon. Like this..." She holds up her book and shows Achetii the small picture she drew of the creature, just like she showed Wrusk and Cael. "The robed Vulkyrie killed Tix, and turned another of their friends to stone and the Vul dragon landed on Asher and ripped off his head and spit it out into the street..." She says as she puts the book back down and begins to put it back away into her pack.

"Asher's other companions must have escaped though the alley... I don't know... There was nothing we could do, so Ivar and I ran back to the Sand Dragon Inn. I warded myself from being tracked, but I can't do the same for others... and... I thought Ivar was okay. He slumped on the stairs from his wounds and he told me we have to get to Wrusk's Tannery to see if the others made it okay. Then he told me to go ask Cael or his brother for help inside the inn." She gestures to Cael across the room. "I ran and got Cael, but when we returned to Ivar... He was already dead. I tried to revive him... but he was too far gone..."

"I feel so stupid... It's my fault they died... I didn't think..." She looks up at Achetii again. "I'm so sorry... I just wanted to help. I had to do something." She says trailing off quietly.

"But please... Do not be frightened. I will protect you while you are here as much as I can, and I will do my best to be more wary of my surroundings." She looks curiously at Achetii for a moment. "What is a Keu doing in a place like this anyhow? If the vulkyrie found you..." She says frightened suddenly at the thought. "There must be some important reason why you came here?"

{Kitsune slowly walks over to Achetii looking curious, and sniffs the air around the Keu. Kitsune sits and looks up at Achetii in a questioning way as well, slightly tilting her head to the side.}

Narayan
11-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Achetii: "Oh my!" She gasps when she hears about the fate that befell Asher and Ivar, listening to your tale with frightened wide-eyes.

"I came to Masaeus with a letter for Purusartha. The letter revealed Asher's real identity and informed him that he could be found here in the city. After hearing that, Purusartha ran off to go find him leaving me alone at a tavern. But then Ivar showed up and we kept each other company for a while."

"Later, Puru returned bloodied and exhausted from some battle to bring Ivar and I back here to this safehouse. However, along the way we were confronted by Kasha and her thugs."

"Puru talked his way out of a fight though, referring to a powerful friend named Moakh that serves King Kyser in the undercity. When we got back here, I met Wrusk and Asher, Yorick and Tix. They've all been kind to me, but I'm not sure what I'm doing here?"

"Purusartha asked me to help overthrow the Vul, but given what you just told me that seems like a futile endeavor! I'm just a messenger, I don't know why I let myself get involved in this mess. It's true I hate the Vul, they killed all my loved ones and hunted my race to near extinction for millennium, but what can I do?!" She exclaims a bit upset.

Daydreaming
11-06-2013, 06:17 PM
"I didn't mean to frighten you Achetii... I never mean to do a lot of things it seems..." She trails off in a sorrowful manner. "Well, do you have any skills in fighting, or perhaps any special powers or spells? If you can't help in those ways... Maybe... Maybe it would be better if you return to your home where, I hope, it's safer?"

She looks to the floor thinking a moment, then looks back to Achetii. "You can't leave at this time, that is certain. The vulkyrie are everywhere looking for traitors. I don't know how you could leave the city safely for the time being... You should be safe here in this place for now and you could help with any small things here if you're not able to help fight the vulkyrie?"

Emiko looks a bit hopeful as she remembers something important that was once said to her. "My sensei once told me 'Every small ripple in the ocean becomes a part of the biggest waves that can smash even the greatest of ships to pieces...'" She says as she leans forward to take Achetii's talon-ed hands into her own, lovingly. "You could be more powerful than you know." She smiles at Achetii, hoping to make her feel better.

Tanarus
11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Eros: {shrugs} "Well I'll be around if you change your mind." He says excusing himself.



The plump little halfling moves away from the other ladies table and meanders over to yours.

Eros: {takes a small bow} "Greetings miss! My name is Eros. Would you be interested in a song? Or perhaps you'd like to share a drink? You seem quite interesting to me, I bet you know some good stories?" He asks flashing a smile.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The crowd of people at the entrance are concerned by the sighting of this Vuldrake creature and the Vulkyrie taking to the skies. Some are convinced that a storm of trouble is coming and start leaving in ones and two's, advising others to go home while they can. Yet for the time being, most would rather not give up on a good time just yet and go back to their tables and drinks.

Then both of you spot someone new pass through the doors of the Inn approaching the half dragon ladies table.

A tall Akhenaten man, probably in his late thirties with wavy black hair and a closely cropped goatee. His eyes are dark and full of confidence. His desert robes are golden-brown with black accents. He wears a black sash around his waist, tucked with a jambiya dagger and a scimitar at his hip. There are golden rings on his fingers, and a golden chain around his neck.

As he steps up to the ladies table he dips his head down out of courtesy.

Akhenaten Man: "Good evening Kelest." He addresses the half dragon lady.

Kelest: "And you as well Saeed. Please sit." She answers him.

Saeed: {Sits} "Tonight appears to be anything but boring. I fear we'll have to keep this meeting short, the streets will get dangerous very soon."

Kelest: {Smirks} "Is that so Saeed? I would think a slaver of your reputation and influence would not be troubled in this city?"

Saeed: {laughs} "If only that were true. Reputation isn't everything, if that were so I doubt I would imagine a Caishian lady like yourself speaking to a man like me. Slavery has been outlawed in Caishia for the last seven hundred and fifty years after all."

Kelest: "That is true, but that was not by Mandate of Zu. Faithful like myself do not trouble ourselves with the laws of the new dynasty."

Saeed: "Apparently not, nor do you seem very concerned with the laws of Vulkh, given our arrangement."

Kelest: "A risk we are both willing to take it would seem."

They are interrupted by a table-maid who moves over to take orders from them. Kelest and Saeed order wine, while Zhen settles for tea.

[Amaya and Deidra: Make spot checks please.]

Amaya Looks around (spot check 1D20+7 => (http://rolz.org/group#) 27)

Narayan
11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Achetii: Your comforting touch serves to calm her nerves a bit. "I know some minor spells from my bardic training, nothing special or dangerous. My talents lie mostly as a performer, with an affinity for nature." She remarks looking at Kitsune. "What an adorable little fox." She says extending a hand for her to sniff. "Where are you from Emiko? You must have traveled far, I've never heard your accent before. And what is a 'sensei'?"

Narayan
11-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Amaya Looks around (spot check 1D20+7 => (http://rolz.org/group#) 27)

Amaya spots a pair of suspicious men entering the Inn shortly after Saeed. Both are local Akhenatens, plainly dressed in common garb draped with cloaks. You glimpse that each of them carry blades on their hips and appear to be rather rough characters. But it's not their appearance that really draws your attention to them it's their manner. They have the look of thugs or worse.

After they enter they immediately look for Saeed and move to a table next to Amaya's, taking seats at an angle where they can keep their eye on him without being obvious about it.

[Amaya: (Sense Motive Check, 20 + 10 = 30, Success) Something in their eyes tells you they mean to do him harm.]

For a few minutes they merely sit and listen to his conversation with Kelest, but after the table-maid moves in to take an order of drinks for them they start to whisper.

[Amaya: (Listen Check, Take 10 = 21, Success) You manage to overhear them.]

Thug 1: "Following Saeed has led us to our prey. Kasha will be pleased."

Thug 2: "She'll be more pleased if we manage to kill her as promised. Distract the table-maid when she heads back and I will poison her wine."

Thug 1: "But Saeed also ordered wine! We don't know which cup the maid will give him?"

Thug 2: "Obviously I'll have to poison both cups to be sure."

Thug 1: "But Saeed isn't on the list?!"

Thug 2: "Damn the list! Did you not see what's happening outside? We don't have time to pick a better moment, if we don't make a move now she may go into hiding again and we'll loose her!"

Thug 1: "Fine, but this is your idea. Don't forget that when you explain this later."

[Amaya: What do you do?]
__________________________________________________ ________


{takes a small bow} "Greetings miss! My name is Eros. Would you be interested in a song? Or perhaps you'd like to share a drink? You seem quite interesting to me, I bet you know some good stories?" He asks flashing a smile.


Adopting her best dwarven snarl, "Leave me alone, little one, I have no need for song this day"

Eros: Takes a step back, clearly startled. "Pardon me!" He apologizes, turning away, adding to himself... "Who is she calling little?"

Daydreaming
11-07-2013, 03:39 AM
Achetii: Your comforting touch serves to calm her nerves a bit. "I know some minor spells from my bardic training, nothing special or dangerous. My talents lie mostly as a performer, with an affinity for nature." She remarks looking at Kitsune. "What an adorable little fox." She says extending a hand for her to sniff. "Where are you from Emiko? You must have traveled far, I've never heard your accent before. And what is a 'sensei'?"


{Kitsune sniffs Achetii's hand and licks it shyly and jumps to a playful stance wagging her little tail. She pants happily.}

"Her name is Kitsune, or Kit for short. She is my dear friend." She says moving back to get comfortable sitting against the wall again. "I come from the Islands of Katan. My island is the northern one called Yama. It's very cold there. I lived in a snow covered rocky area high in the mountains. There were forests and stretches of tundra as well, but altogether a harsh place to live..." She looks a little sad recalling her home.

"Sensei... It is like a... hmmm... Like a teacher I think is what you would call it... Like a very important and wise sort of teacher. Someone who has great wisdom and skill and chooses another to share that knowledge with. My sensei was Ayumu Mori. His name means 'forest vision'. In my culture our names have special meanings that represent us. Sensei was a very wise and powerful old man. He saved my life when I was a child and taught me some of what he knew."

She brushes back her hair from her face to show Achetii the mark of the red lotus upon her forehead. "This mark was given to me by him to show my strength and power and to protect me. It is a symbol of life and rebirth. A new life was given to me..." She looks embarrassed as she continues. "You and Cael have both said I look special in some way, but... Where I come from... The people from my land do not look like I do... My appearance frightens them. I am treated like a monster. I was born different... It was not my choice..." Emiko seems to trail off looking sadly at the floor, lost in her memories.

{Kitsune hurries over to Emiko and sits in her lap snuggling herself against Emiko trying to console her.}

Narayan
11-10-2013, 05:02 PM
It is harder to read the expressions of a Keu because they have beaks instead of mouth's, but you would guess she is sympathetic as she nods.

Achetii: "For people like us who are small and weak, different, shunned, the world seems very cruel and unfair. Since I've been sitting down here in this cellar, cold and frightened, I've been thinking about my life and what I can do to change it?"

"Growing up I took a lot of things for granted. I thought my flock would always keep me safe, I never imagined I'd have to be on my own like this. We Keu are very social creatures, we thrive in groups and loathe isolation. That's mainly why I feel so afraid..."

"If you don't mind me saying this Emiko I feel like I can relate to you, and more importantly I think we could be close friends. You inspire me to be stronger then I know how to be, and that might be just what I need. Hiding from the Vul might be the smart way to survive, but is mere survival enough reason to live?"

"Your sensei was kind to give you knowledge and skills to rely on so you have a fighting chance in this world. Yes you may have made a mistake using your powers in such a way that it attracted the Vulkyrie, but you were trying to save Ivar! That's more than I could have done and I feel inspired by it. I want to try harder to help somehow!"

Tanarus
11-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Amaya spots a pair of suspicious men entering the Inn shortly after Saeed. Both are local Akhenatens, plainly dressed in common garb draped with cloaks. You glimpse that each of them carry blades on their hips and appear to be rather rough characters. But it's not their appearance that really draws your attention to them it's their manner. They have the look of thugs or worse.

After they enter they immediately look for Saeed and move to a table next to Amaya's, taking seats at an angle where they can keep their eye on him without being obvious about it.

[Amaya: (Sense Motive Check, 20 + 10 = 30, Success) Something in their eyes tells you they mean to do him harm.]

For a few minutes they merely sit and listen to his conversation with Kelest, but after the table-maid moves in to take an order of drinks for them they start to whisper.

[Amaya: (Listen Check, Take 10 = 21, Success) You manage to overhear them.]

Thug 1: "Following Saeed has led us to our prey. Kasha will be pleased."

Thug 2: "She'll be more pleased if we manage to kill her as promised. Distract the table-maid when she heads back and I will poison her wine."

Thug 1: "But Saeed also ordered wine! We don't know which cup the maid will give him?"

Thug 2: "Obviously I'll have to poison both cups to be sure."

Thug 1: "But Saeed isn't on the list?!"

Thug 2: "Damn the list! Did you not see what's happening outside? We don't have time to pick a better moment, if we don't make a move now she may go into hiding again and we'll loose her!"

Thug 1: "Fine, but this is your idea. Don't forget that when you explain this later."

[Amaya: What do you do?]

Amaya: over hearing what she did from the pair of suspicious men who she spotted shortly after the other man. She knew they were up to no good, but Amaya had trouble thinking of what to do. She knew nothing of any of these people, the pair of thugs that seemed in for a kill, or the ones aimed at being killed. Amaya lucky for her, had tome to think while the drinks were slow to arrive at the table. She really had no role to play in this conflict and saw no means to an end in stopping anything from happening. In the end, Amaya chose to stand to her feet slowly as if just to leave and forget all that she heard. Pushing her chair in behind her, she figured she may need all the space that could be obtained if this turned violent. With hood up over her face, walked over behind where she sat toward the dragon women. Placing a hand on her table, Amaya leaned over to speak to the women and her friends softly. "Be weary, you have two unfreindlies looking to do you harm, I do not know why, but i know what i heard. Maybe you will know why by the name they spoke, .. Kasha.." Amaya said before standing once more about to turn an leave. She felt she had done enough, they knew now so the proverbial ball was in their court now.

Narayan
11-11-2013, 06:18 PM
[Deidra, make a listen check to see if you overhear Amaya's warning.]

Saeed: At first, Saeed stares at you with surprise as you move over to his table. After you give your warning, Saeed discretely glances about and takes notice of the two men you speak of. (Spot Check, Take 10 = 25, Success) He then rises and steps beside you as you make to turn away, touching your arm and drawing you away from the table as if you were an old confidant, speaking low enough that he will not be overheard by Kelest.

[Deidra, He happens to pull Amaya away closer to your table. You have no trouble hearing what he says to her.]

Saeed: "Kasha is a dangerous person, I am in your debt for warning me about those two thugs. Please do not go without allowing me to repay that kindness. And also, I must comment that you resemble a woman by the name of Awanseiga from the south. She said her daughter might come up to this city looking for her and paid me to keep an eye out for her. Would that happen to be you?"

Daydreaming
11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
It is harder to read the expressions of a Keu because they have beaks instead of mouth's, but you would guess she is sympathetic as she nods.

Achetii: "For people like us who are small and weak, different, shunned, the world seems very cruel and unfair. Since I've been sitting down here in this cellar, cold and frightened, I've been thinking about my life and what I can do to change it?"

"Growing up I took a lot of things for granted. I thought my flock would always keep me safe, I never imagined I'd have to be on my own like this. We Keu are very social creatures, we thrive in groups and loathe isolation. That's mainly why I feel so afraid..."

"If you don't mind me saying this Emiko I feel like I can relate to you, and more importantly I think we could be close friends. You inspire me to be stronger then I know how to be, and that might be just what I need. Hiding from the Vul might be the smart way to survive, but is mere survival enough reason to live?"

"Your sensei was kind to give you knowledge and skills to rely on so you have a fighting chance in this world. Yes you may have made a mistake using your powers in such a way that it attracted the Vulkyrie, but you were trying to save Ivar! That's more than I could have done and I feel inspired by it. I want to try harder to help somehow!"


"That's wonderful!" She exclaims, looking hopeful as she looks back up to Achetii. "You're right... At least I did something! ...and I would be honored to be your friend!" She smiles at the keu. "Hopefully the others got away safely and can make it back here... We can offer our help to them when they return." She leans forward making a fist with one hand in front of her. "We will fight these vulkyrie monsters and make them pay for all the pain and suffering they've caused!" She says in a fury as her fist bursts into blue flames, showing her rage.

voidoblivion
11-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Turning to his companions. I am going to need you assistance, but I can get the group of guards to run in terror if they are already scared. He says as he looks between the three who are with him. If a group of wolves were to charge them suddenly I will target the leader of the guards with a fear spell. When he runs the rest of his team will run with him, then we can easily get to the tannery. He looks between them all to see if they are up for the challenge.

rtcvb32
11-12-2013, 07:23 AM
"I fear bringing unwanted attention in the area will only make things more difficult later..." Sauel comments. Wolves chasing off people or magic in one specific area more often then others, it wouldn't take much to get a warrent to search every building, and likely they'd be willing to burn every building to the ground if they could get away with it.

If only they didn't have such a short time limit to try and save someone from a fate worse than death, he'd have been happy sleeping in any old dusty building for a few days and surviving off very little, although his companion Rabi would need a little more than what Sauel needed for sustenance.

Other options, the likely-hood of a normal guard sensing any of them as a were full blown pushing their unnatural energies was slim, a handful out of three hundred would notice it as a shiver or feel the urge to flee. Although Sauel could summon something to help them, the magic wouldn't take much to figure out, worse is someone detecting magic or looking for that kind of thing would spot them easier. Killing anyone with a bow or likewise was about the same as magic. But dazing or a magical slumber...

"I'd rather they blank out for a couple minutes, hypnotized, dazed, whatever would make them lose track of time for a while. That would likely be less noticeable than fears or harming them."

Narayan
11-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Purusartha: "I agree making the guards fall asleep would be ideal, but Cred's the one with the spells right now and I think he'd have already thought of that if he could manage it. Right Cred?"

"We can't hide here any longer and killing them is the worst thing we could do. Chasing them away as wolves will draw some attention to this area yes, but they won't see us in our human forms so they won't know it was us. It's a good plan."

"Once we chase them off Cred, go to Wrusks front door at the end of the alley directly ahead across the street. Tell him Purusartha sent you for shelter and we'll meet you in the cellar."

"Sauel, use the last of that dust of tracelessness right now to cover up our scent here and then quickly lets shift into wolf-form! Cred, cast your spell!"

Purusartha: (Control Shape check, DC 20, Take 10 = 23, Success)

rtcvb32
11-12-2013, 03:04 PM
With no better options Sauel reached into his pouch pulling out the last small handful of dust. He sprinkles it barely holding back a sneeze. "Rabi, we only need to chase them off, once that succeeds we pull back.." He hoped his wolf companion understood him, likely he would just do what Sauel was doing.

Once the dust was gone he drops to his hands and feet letting the change overcoming him again. With their non-were scents covered and seeing Purusartha having no issues with his own changes he takes stance ready to charge forward and look menacing. Either once Purusartha begins moving or when he hears cred's spell begin to be cast which would take at least a couple seconds that they began the charge, and those combined together would meet about the same time as they would race up to fifty feet away towards the guards.

~Five guards...~ Sauel thinks, and not yet hearing Cred beginning to cast he begins to cast on his own since it will take a few seconds, summoning a wolf (or as close to it as possible) behind him in to increase their bluff and intimidation, should the fear spell fail he they could use it as a decoy. (Spellcraft DC: 16)

[dust of tracelessness removed, last non-cantrip spell used up]

voidoblivion
11-12-2013, 03:11 PM
He nods in response to him not knowing sleep. Then prepares to cast waiting for the wolves to charge so he can time his fear spell perfectly.

Prepares his Spell and focuses on the Leader of the guards. In Draconic he prays: May fear to strike at the heart of the one he has chosen, that he will run in terror in the might of Userrwroth. As the Wolves charge he focuses the might of Userrwroth into the heart of the Sargent of the guard before him. Driving the fear of his doom into his very core.

Narayan
11-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Guard Sergeant: (Will Saving Throw vs. Fear, DC 15: = 14, Fail)

[A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fear) as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatStatistics.htm#attackRoll), saving throws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatStatistics.htm#savingThrows), skill checks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm#skillChecks), and ability checks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm#abilityChecks). A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.]

As the guard sergeant is hit by Cred's spell, his eyes go wide and his hands start to shake. His men are bewildered by the sudden state of fright displayed by their commander, but they soon have their own reason to be alarmed as five wolves suddenly rush towards them!

Purusartha: (Intimidate Check: 20+12+4 = 36)

As Purusartha-the-wolf and the others run at the group of guards, snarling angrily, the guard sergeant literally screams, shoving his way past his men, running as fast as he can down the street! The rest of the guards quickly follow suit, as do the two bystanders they were shackling.

Purusartha-the-wolf continues to chase, snapping at the heels of the guards, using every bit of willpower he has to hold himself back from an instinctual urge to sink his teeth into the flesh of his prey.

Tanarus
11-12-2013, 08:59 PM
[Deidra, make a listen check to see if you overhear Amaya's warning.]

Saeed: At first, Saeed stares at you with surprise as you move over to his table. After you give your warning, Saeed discretely glances about and takes notice of the two men you speak of. (Spot Check, Take 10 = 25, Success) He then rises and steps beside you as you make to turn away, touching your arm and drawing you away from the table as if you were an old confidant, speaking low enough that he will not be overheard by Kelest.

[Deidra, He happens to pull Amaya away closer to your table. You have no trouble hearing what he says to her.]

Saeed: "Kasha is a dangerous person, I am in your debt for warning me about those two thugs. Please do not go without allowing me to repay that kindness. And also, I must comment that you resemble a woman by the name of Awanseiga from the south. She said her daughter might come up to this city looking for her and paid me to keep an eye out for her. Would that happen to be you?"



Amaya was caught rather surprised as the man grabbed her arm and pulling her away a little. It was lucky he started speaking quickly and quietly for a few moments letter Amaya may have drawn her blade in self-defense. Hearing the man say he was in her debt, Amaya rolled her eyes softly, for words mean nothing in this world. Hearing him start off about how she looked like someone else, Amaya once again rolled her eyes until he spoke the name of her mother, Awanseiga. "I am not here following her or looking for her for that fact, understand, I am simply here looking for answers and that's it!" Amaya hissed barely audibly as the hair on the back of her neck shot up in anger. her hands almost in a fist, but more like a clawed shape. "I dont need her in any way shape or form" Amaya added a tear barely visible from her eye. "I warned you, that's all i know and all i heard, do is that it then?" Amaya asked trying to change the subject quickly to calm down alittle.

voidoblivion
11-13-2013, 12:43 PM
As soon as the guards run from the wolves he makes a beeline following the buildings and shadows, (trying to stay away from open sky as much as possible) for the Tannery. When he arrives he knocks on the door. When the door is answered he states: Purusartha sent me to you for shelter

Narayan
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
As soon as the guards run from the wolves he makes a beeline following the buildings and shadows, (trying to stay away from open sky as much as possible) for the Tannery. When he arrives he knocks on the door. When the door is answered he states: Purusartha sent me to you for shelter

The old half orc seems a bit surprised to find a Kobold on his doorstep. Frowning he hesitates for a moment but grudgingly steps aside shutting the door firmly behind you. He asks you where Purusartha is before leading you to the cellars secret entrance in his office, shuffling along with the aid of his bone-white cane. He then gestures for you to go below first, following you afterward.

The cellar is a large square chamber, fifty feet to a side with a high ceiling twelve feet above its floorboards. There are several heavy wooden posts holding up the floor to the tannery, which is built upon a solid layer of earth and stone making it nearly impossible for anything to be heard down here from above.

There are a couple tables down here, along with a cook stove that doubles as a heater and cabinets for cutlery. A huge stack of wood, moldy and covered with webs could fuel the stove for an entire year. There are also several crates and barrels packed with what looks like old armor and weapons.

A forge and a kiln can be seen in another corner, complete with anvils, worktables and piles of tools covered in oiled rags. You also spot three others down here, two of which you recognize as Emiko and Cael. The third appears to be a Keu of all things?!

[Cred: Make a Knowledge (Nature) Check, DC 17]

voidoblivion
11-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Cred: When asked of Purusartha as he lead to the cellar he answers: He will be here shortly, and told me to meet him in the cellar.

as he enters the Cellar he smiles when he sees Emiko and Cael, giving a polite nod to the other individual in the cellar. Emiko I am happy to see you are well, what happened to Ivar?

Cred: (Knowledge Nature Check, DC 17: = 11, Fail)

[Cred: You are largely unaware of what a Keu is, except that it is a legendary being rumored to be a favorite prey for the Vul]

Daydreaming
11-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Cred: When asked of Purusartha as he lead to the cellar he answers: He will be here shortly, and told me to meet him in the cellar.

as he enters the Cellar he smiles when he sees Emiko and Cael, giving a polite nod to the other individual in the cellar. Emiko I am happy to see you are well, what happened to Ivar?

Cred: (Knowledge Nature Check, DC 17: = 11, Fail)

[Cred: You are largely unaware of what a Keu is, except that it is a legendary being rumored to be a favorite prey for the Vul]



{She looks over at Cred as he enters the room with Wrusk. Kitsune jumps from Emiko's lap and runs over to Cred bounding around happily wagging her tail.}

~Please, don't let him be the only one who survived... I hope I did not cause the loss of more good people...~

"Cred!" She says in excitement as she scrambles to her feet. Her face turns sad at the mention of Ivar. "Ivar... He didn't survive his wounds, but we brought his body here to the tannery..."

"Did the others escape with you? Please tell me they are okay?!" She says as she walks over to stand in front of Cred.

Windstar
11-14-2013, 08:08 PM
[Deidra, make a listen check to see if you overhear Amaya's warning.]

Saeed: At first, Saeed stares at you with surprise as you move over to his table. After you give your warning, Saeed discretely glances about and takes notice of the two men you speak of. (Spot Check, Take 10 = 25, Success) He then rises and steps beside you as you make to turn away, touching your arm and drawing you away from the table as if you were an old confidant, speaking low enough that he will not be overheard by Kelest.

[Deidra, He happens to pull Amaya away closer to your table. You have no trouble hearing what he says to her.]

Saeed: "Kasha is a dangerous person, I am in your debt for warning me about those two thugs. Please do not go without allowing me to repay that kindness. And also, I must comment that you resemble a woman by the name of Awanseiga from the south. She said her daughter might come up to this city looking for her and paid me to keep an eye out for her. Would that happen to be you?"



Deidra: Sees and hears the exchange, gives Amaya a reassuring nod, hoping she realizes that Deidra has her back. Refocuses on the Dragon Lady and her companion.

Narayan
11-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Saeed: Takes notice of Deidra and gives her a quick appraising look while he answers Amaya. "If it is answers you seek, I will do my best to provide them. It is the least I can do. But please, tell me who is that fierce-looking halfling? A friend of yours?"

[Amaya: Now would be a good time for a Sense Motive Check on your part to help you decide if Saeed is being honest with your or not.]

[Deidra: You have no trouble overhearing his question, in cause you wish to answer it for yourself and introduce yourself.]

Meanwhile the table-maid is about to return with the drinks for Kelest and Saeed so the two thugs rise from their seats, but instead of following through with their plan to poison those drinks they turn and walk stiffly for the door instead. Saeed smirks and gives them an evil stare.

[Amaya, Deidra: What do you do?]

Windstar
11-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Saeed: Takes notice of Deidra and gives her a quick appraising look while he answers Amaya. "If it is answers you seek, I will do my best to provide them. It is the least I can do. But please, tell me who is that fierce-looking halfling? A friend of yours?"

[Amaya: Now would be a good time for a Sense Motive Check on your part to help you decide if Saeed is being honest with your or not.]

[Deidra: You have no trouble overhearing his question, in cause you wish to answer it for yourself and introduce yourself.]

Meanwhile the table-maid is about to return with the drinks for Kelest and Saeed so the two thugs rise from their seats, but instead of following through with their plan to poison those drinks they turn and walk stiffly for the door instead. Saeed smirks and gives them an evil stare.

[Amaya, Deidra: What do you do?]



"I sir, know this lady but briefly while transiting here on a ship. but seeing as I know her more than you, I am Deidra Lightbane"

Tanarus
11-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Saeed: Takes notice of Deidra and gives her a quick appraising look while he answers Amaya. "If it is answers you seek, I will do my best to provide them. It is the least I can do. But please, tell me who is that fierce-looking halfling? A friend of yours?"

[Amaya: Now would be a good time for a Sense Motive Check on your part to help you decide if Saeed is being honest with your or not.]

[Deidra: You have no trouble overhearing his question, in cause you wish to answer it for yourself and introduce yourself.]

Meanwhile the table-maid is about to return with the drinks for Kelest and Saeed so the two thugs rise from their seats, but instead of following through with their plan to poison those drinks they turn and walk stiffly for the door instead. Saeed smirks and gives them an evil stare.

[Amaya, Deidra: What do you do?]

"I sir, know this lady but briefly while transiting here on a ship. but seeing as I know her more than you, I am Deidra Lightbane"

Amaya: Amaya looked to her side at Deidra who still sat at her table. "As she said, we meet on the ship here, We talked very little but we do know more about eachother in those little talks then we do about you sir." Amaya said turning back to the man named Saeed. She wasn't sure if she could trust him or not about the answers she wanted yet. Noticing out the courner of her eye behind Saeed, the two thugs stand and turn to leave. Amaya looked at them quickly and then to Saeed who was just give them an evil stare. "Are you not going to stop them or confront them? they will try again" Amaya said as if she knew from experience.

[Sense Motive 1D20+10 => (http://rolz.org/group#) 26]

Narayan
11-15-2013, 02:51 AM
"I sir, know this lady but briefly while transiting here on a ship. but seeing as I know her more than you, I am Deidra Lightbane"


Amaya: Amaya looked to her side at Deidra who still sat at her table. "As she said, we meet on the ship here, We talked very little but we do know more about eachother in those little talks then we do about you sir." Amaya said turning back to the man named Saeed. She wasn't sure if she could trust him or not about the answers she wanted yet.

[Sense Motive 1D20+10 => (http://rolz.org/group#)26]

[Amaya: You feel no deception from Saeed at this point. He seems genuine about his offer and he seems confident that he has some answers for you.]


Noticing out the courner of her eye behind Saeed, the two thugs stand and turn to leave. Amaya looked at them quickly and then to Saeed who was just give them an evil stare. "Are you not going to stop them or confront them? they will try again" Amaya said as if she knew from experience.

Saeed: Shakes his head. "There's no point confronting them. They didn't actually attempt anything so there's no excuse to kill them in self defense. Even if we did Kasha has many more like them under her sway. Thugs like that are only certain to come after you if the odds are in their favor. As long as we see em coming, they won't try these sneaky efforts again. Next time, if they're serious about doing us harm, they'll change tactics and send more men."

"You're likely wondering who Kasha is and why she's after me and those ladies at my table? Well, there's a lot of backstory involved but the short answer is Kasha represents an evil cult of wererats who do their best to make everyone fear them. My friends offer a religious alternative that Kasha's cult views as a threat. Any reason for hope that empowers people against the likes of Kasha is something her ilk will always seek to destroy."

"But pardon me, I do not mean to ramble on, where are my manners? It is a pleasure to meet you Deidra Lightbane. I am Saeed. And what is my saviors name?" Saeed asks Amaya with a kind smile.

voidoblivion
11-15-2013, 06:21 AM
{She looks over at Cred as he enters the room with Wrusk. Kitsune jumps from Emiko's lap and runs over to Cred bounding around happily wagging her tail.}

~Please, don't let him be the only one who survived... I hope I did not cause the loss of more good people...~

"Cred!" She says in excitement as she scrambles to her feet. Her face turns sad at the mention of Ivar. "Ivar... He didn't survive his wounds, but we brought his body here to the tannery..."

"Did the others escape with you? Please tell me they are okay?!" She says as she walks over to stand in front of Cred.

He hugs and pets the Kitsune then nods and sighs about Ivar, knowing if he had been there he could of saved him. Purusartha, Sauel, and Yorick made it they should be here shortly.

Narayan
11-16-2013, 01:28 PM
After chasing the guards a fair distance down the street, Purusartha breaks off from the pursuit, leading the small pack of were's to the park beside the massive outer wall. As you reach the tannery he shifts back to human form. (Control Shape Check, DC 20: Take 10 = 23, Success)

After wiping away sweat from his brow and taking a deep breath, Purusartha kneels down and moves the camouflage away from the steps to the exterior cellar door and disarms the trap. Then he hits his fist against the heavy door four times.

<End of Part 1, Act 2, Scene 1>
__________________________________________________ ___________

Experience Award Time (* = Normal xp adjusted for bloodlines, roleplaying xp is not penalized for bloodlines like normal xp)

Main Group

PC's
Crdechzkragar - 800 xp + 400 bonus roleplaying xp + 2 character points
Emiko - 800 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp + 2 character points
Sauel - *420 xp + 450 bonus roleplaying xp + 2 character points

NPC's
Achetti - 300 xp
Cael - 600 xp
Caelim - 200 xp
Purusartha - 850 xp
Thiara - 700 xp
Wrusk - 300 xp
Yorick - *400 xp

Other Group

Amaya - 400 xp + 150 bonus roleplaying xp
Deidra Lightbane - 300 xp + 100 bonus roleplaying xp

NPC's
Kelest - 200 xp
Zhen - 200 xp
Saeed - 400 xp