PDA

View Full Version : Hakkenslash Fantasy Role-Playing Game

Mercutio361
09-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I've recently finally begun stringing together a system I've been working on in bits and pieces over the last year. It's a simple, xd6 system (you'll never need more than 2d6 for a roll) designed with simplicity in mind. The idea came to me as I was trying to help some new players at my table as they learned the rules of the D&D game we were playing, as well as remembering the difficulty I myself had when I first began learning so many years ago.

With these ideas in mind, I began fleshing ideas out for a system designed especially for these situations, as well as for experienced gamers who just want something quick and simple they can put together and have their players joining in practically on the fly, spending more time playing and less time asking rules questions.

The system is a 'classless' system, allowing for a certain amount of character modification, but with the rules still adding some restriction, both to give a sense of character class without the limitations and to keep some balance to the game.

I've recently released the initial playtest rules as a free (with option to donate) pdf here (http://www.rpgnow.com/product/118941/Hakkenslash---the-Simple-Fantasy-RPG?term=hakkenslash) at rpgnow.com. Admittedly there are a few things I need to make edits on - mostly just grammatical errors, but I am working on cleaning up the magic system write-ups to make it more easily understood- and I'm currently working on them and should have them updated around the beginning of the week.

So far my own playtests have been a lot of fun and players seem to catch on quite easily. As well, everything I've run so far has seemed to be well-balanced and not had any issues. There is also a mention at the beginning of the pdf of where you can go and join to give your own playtest feedback.

I'll be posting more updates as I have them :)