PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game in virginia

Korth910
09-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Hello everyone,
I am a 30 year old guy that just got back into table top gaming after a 3 year break. I have a few friends that want to play but due to how far away some live and busy schedules it is hard to get everyone together for a game. I am looking for a few new people to start a new game with. So anyone that's up for hanging out, rolling some dice, and having some fun just let me know. I am looking to have the game in Bealeton VA or somewhere around here (EI Warrenton, Culpeper area). I am more then willing to DM the game and I do homemade campaigns for the most part. I play mainly DnD 3.5 / 4E / Pathfinder / D20 / D6. I am also in the works on a new skill based D6 system that pulls some from elder scrolls / D6 / D20. Itís a work in progress right now and just a new project until I can find a group to start DMing again.

I am also up for just hanging out and talking with like minded people, and from the looks of the people here that's just about everyone. Hit me up if you up to meet up somewhere for an intro game just to get a feel for my style of DMing or just to say whatís up. I can always use someone to bounce ideas off of. They always sounds great in my head ... not always so at the table, lol. See you all around the forums.

nijineko
09-13-2013, 10:19 AM
welcome! feel free to bounce ideas off of us here and ask questions. up to online games?

Korth910
09-14-2013, 02:25 AM
i am new to this idea of online gaming. do you mean MMOs? if that's the case then no, i do not do MMOs. Never really liked them. games like skyrim are more my style.

nijineko
09-15-2013, 10:57 AM
i meant pbp or pbc, not mmo's. i'm not fond of mmo's as they currently exist.

(that is: play-by-post or play-by-chat, think text and/or audial version of f2f (face to face) roleplaying).

TorteStone
09-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Welcome, fellow 30s gamer!

-Will-

Korth910
09-16-2013, 06:30 AM
thanks TorteStone for the welcome. its hard to believe i am a 30 something gamer. i guess it just sneaks up on you like at (god i wish i had sneak checks like that).

as far as the PBP or PBC, nijineko, i have never done it and i have no real interest to. it does not feel the same to me and all my friends siting around the table listening to me and seeing their reactions to the events. also i suck at spelling and typing, so trying to keep up on a chat sucks for me.

nijineko
09-16-2013, 02:21 PM
it is not for everyone. ^^ i forced myself to take a typing class way back in high school, and then i discovered mucks via telnet back in the day. i was forced to learn how to type fast and accurate on the fly just by trying to keep up with everyone.

i find that the advantages of being able to think out your next move, reference materials without a time limit and everyone staring at you, editing before posting, not spilling anything on your sheets, no messy sheets from erasures, and peace and quiet... equal the disadvantages of no face-to-face interaction. then again, i mostly play with people i already know f2f, or have known for a fairly long time online, which probably should also be taken into account.

Korth910
09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
well thanks for the info. i might give it a shot.

TorteStone
09-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Hello again!

I find that as an older gamer I can rarely do multiple weekly games like I used to be able to.

Meeting once a month for the game after multiple weeks of the Metagame (using Facebook/e-mail to buy and sell items, look up obscure rules, level up my character and talk out side quests) are becoming the norm in my game experiences. Have you been able to get into a game yet?

-Will-

Korth910
09-20-2013, 03:51 AM
i have not found a game yet. my work schedule is a little rough to deal with. i have been in contact with some people around the area and there is one person that is looking for a group to join and one person looking for some players but with my work and home life its hard to pause and go meet up with them.

i find that that stuff takes about a weeks worth of time for my old group but we all worked together so it was a little easier. my old group meet every week but we only played every other week.