PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Champions 6th Edition Heroes build

Rastfar
09-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey all, I am a long time role-player but have yet to tackle the Champions 6th Edition Hero system.

I am gearing up to play in a game and have an idea for a character that I am not quite sure how to make.

Ideally, he is a 'brick' type that walks around as a normal human but can transform into an alternate form (a la Hulk style). He is earth/stone based (like the Thing kinda) but I'd like him to have some other powers as well (think Terra from Teen Titans) like Avalanche Riding and Wall of Stone (for protecting innocents bystanders and moving them out of harms range, etc.), but that they would only be usable while in stone form.

I am thinking that Form Alteration (the Shape Alteration power) is a good place to start, does that make sense?

nijineko
09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
sounds like a power group usable only while in alt form.

Rastfar
09-11-2013, 11:35 PM
yeah, that's the idea. But I also want him to have some mental capability/skills; he's not a dunce. Again, like Bruce Banner, he is a scientist (maybe archaeologist and geologist) who unearths a tomb and gets cursed (?) with these powers/alternate form (kinda Marc Spector Moon Knight-ish), and thus theoretically he does not lose the ability to reason, etc. while in alternate form. Does that make sense?

SO in constructing the Alternate form do I just buy up those stats and skills accordingly? or are those always in place anyway and I only need to buy the powers in alternate form?

nijineko
09-12-2013, 03:52 PM
depends on how alt form is defined in 6th ed. if it is defined as a complete alternate persona, then you have to buy all stats and abilities separately. if it is defined as a power-up type, then you would just buy the additional abilities that can only be used in that form.

Rastfar
09-13-2013, 11:20 PM
yup, it's multiform, i'm pretty sure I've got it now, thanks. Apparently, any/all skills, stats, perks, contacts, etc. must be duplicated in your alt form if you want to use them in that form. literally like making two separate characters (they encourage two separate sheets), so more bookwork up front but real cool.

nijineko
09-15-2013, 11:49 AM
no problem. i'm pretty sure there are at least two other methods of alt form which allows you to "power-up". one is buying all the rest of the powers with the limitation only usable in alt-form, and an alt form power, which is the only non-limited power. i think there might be power group which could be used to duplicate it as well... but then i'm not as familiar with 6th ed. ^^

anyhow, as long as you found a method that works and you are happy with. =D