PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Aethyron
08-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Hey,

I'm a gamer in Toronto looking for a new group, and I stumbled across this site. The people I've been (occasionally) gaming with for years are mostly gonna be out of the city come September, so I'm hoping to meet new people who I can game with.

I've got a lot of experience with D&D of various editions (I know 3.5 the best), and a lot of old and new world of darkness stuff, but the truth is that I'm open to pretty much anything. I'm also willing to GM if that's how things end up working out. It's all good.

Anyway, I guess my question would be what's the best way to go about finding other players here? Start a thread in the find/advertise subforum? Just start PMing anyone relatively nearby in the player finder thing?

Thanks

nijineko
08-27-2013, 05:41 PM
welcome!

good that you found the player/game finder. that was going to be the first suggestion. the game finder map is quite useful, and taps into our partner obsidian portal's games as well.

i see that you set your profile, excellent and my second suggestion.

as you mentioned, contacting those in the database and posting in the relevant sub-forums is a good way to go.

be sure to check the find/advertise thread, you can post looking for game stuff there as well.

also, do not overlook any local resources - hitting up shops that support gaming and posting your pnpg contact info on any notice board they may have (a nice way to filter, avoid giving out RL info at first to total strangers, and gain more members here ;D ).

feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

VerdellMelo
08-30-2013, 05:53 AM
welcome and enjoy the stay on the community