PDA

View Full Version : Assessing interest for online game: dungeon crawly, light, and fun

yukonhorror
07-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I miss gaming a bit and I am assessing interest for a game that I wouldn't mind running. My new job has kept me super busy. I think it has mellowed a bit, so I might be able to break out some gaming late Friday/Saturday nights.

Before I get into things, as a dungeon crawl, the combat aspect will be heavier than the RP aspect. To me, setting up a game with heavy RP components takes a lot of time. Time I DON'T have. There will be RP in the game, but it will be there mainly for interrogations, maybe pleading with a sympathetic person, etc...

I had thought about two different games.

I have ALWAYS wanted to do Assault on the Nightwyrm Fortress. I got in on sale a long time ago, and NEVER got the opportunity to run it. I always have players flake out after making a character. This is a 17th level 4e campaign. It SEEMS fun, but I wouldn't know.

Also, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil has always been a favorite of mine. However, as a new twist, I would want to run it in HERO 6th edition, not D&D. Why I listed pathfinder is because I recently converted a bunch of pathfinder material to HERO. HERO is a very fun system, but again, I can't get people to commit past one session. You wouldn't HAVE to use the converted pathfinder material, but I thought it would help with the transition. Heck, I converted a small "Avengers" team (Hawkeye, thor, wolverine, iron man) to characters appropriate to the campaign.

The game would be friday or saturday nights. Most likely, we would start about 6 pm MST and run till whenever (11ish). The game would be on map tools.

I could always give more details, but let's figure out who's interested FIRST.

Reply here if interested to keep the thread on top.

doerrtea
07-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Hey there. I too miss gaming (and miss the challenges a great DnD campaign brings. I've only got experience with 4e, and would much enjoy to play with that system, but if a new system isn't so difficult to pick up I'd consider it.

I'll keep my eye here to see what interested parties swing by.

yukonhorror
08-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Like I said, I would like to do nightwyrm fortress too. I am almost leaning that way because of the time commitment involved with HERO.

doerrtea
08-02-2013, 03:37 AM
I've never played high level DnD, but I would definitely be down to dabble.