PDA

View Full Version : Question for dnd 3.5 and pathfinder players.

Zellsantal
07-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Hey all, as of right now I'm playing a 3.5 game and a pathfinder one on the weekends though something came up that made me wonder if any class of magic could disenchant magical items for exp and use it to make other items? I just heard about it last week and not sure which class can do that. I don't have all the books nore do I know every class other then mostly whats in the players handbook. I also like to know if this can be down in pathfinder, that I know of there isn't but again I only have the players hand book for that as well. Also could you use the exp you gain from the disenchant for the Permanency spells for spell like ablilitys?

nijineko
07-26-2013, 11:51 PM
the class is called "artificer" and is found in the eberron campaign setting book. they gain the "retain essence" ability at 5th level. the artificer has a class feature called craft reserve, it is a pool of "crafting points" which can be used in place of xp only when crafting items. it cannot be used on spells, and if not used during the course of a level, extra points are lost. (each level, you gain a new pool of crafting points)