PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Santa Cruz

Unpossible
07-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

I've been playing tabletop RPGs since the early 80s, when I overheard two of my junior high school classmates having an argument in the library about whether Orcus or Asmodeus was more badass. Along the way I've played dozens of games. In terms of total hours spent gaming, the top few are (roughly), AD&D, Aftermath!, RuneQuest, Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase, and Call of Cthulhu. Three years ago I found a fantastic local group, and we've been experimenting with a variety of games. Currently we're playing a fantasy Fate Core game and have just started with Star Wars: Edge of the Empire.

While I'm not actively searching for a group, I figured it's best to keep my ear to the ground. Even in a busy life, you never know when more time for gaming might magically be discovered.

A few months ago I put together a site (Learn Tabletop RPGs (http://learntabletoprpgs.com)) designed to help newcomers to our fine hobby. I recently gave it an overhaul, and I'm always looking for constructive feedback.

Yohan Redde
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
hey back at ya. I just joined the site and saw a fellow Monterey/Santa Cruz Bay inhabitant! Checked out ur site, and think thats awesome that u put that together. Anyhow, I am thinking of starting a play-by-post group here for star wars saga and a few other games (once i read through more of the books).

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and give ur post a bump.

Unpossible
09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Yohan,

Thanks for the note. If you're thinking of Star Wars, you may want to check out Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. We're six sessions into a campaign and it's a blast.

Yohan Redde
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
yea, i was thinking about it. just hard to go from a system that I have been playing for years now, to a new one surrounding the same universe. but if there are more folks playig it, how can i not progress. :lol:

TorteStone
09-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Welcome to the Forums! Tell us a story! I've played a total of one session of Star Wars:Edge of the Empire, and it was pretty fun.

-Will-

nijineko
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
welcome to the forums. =D feel free to ask questions. thanks for the link.

ClydeBarbara
09-26-2013, 03:27 AM
Welcome aboard,
Have a great stay here and i hope you have a great time.