PDA

View Full Version : All things OOC

Pages : [1] 2

rtcvb32
07-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Seems like discussion not directly related to the game shouldn't go in the main posts of any (or 'Start Here' either). So I'm starting this thread for any discussions that might need to be done.

It's very likely Sauel isn't going to be doing much for a while, so I wouldn't mind at the least talking to everyone a little. Unfortunately I can't think up a good subject for some reason, probably due to reading a comic or a hundred other unimportant things.

voidoblivion
07-15-2013, 08:56 AM
im the new guy who plays the Koldbold, so why is Sauel not going to be doing much for a while? Oh and also its been fun playing with this group. It has been over 6 years since Ive played DnD.

rtcvb32
07-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Currently Sauel is at 8 HitPoints, and likely in-character he is interested in resting. Depending on how long the night remains, it's likely (unless he runs into trouble on the way back to the hideout) he'll just be sleeping. Personally I'd like to get into a few more battles quickly with his HP back at full.

True he could just take one of the healing potions, but that's only if another fight is imminent, otherwise if he has nothing else to do he can work on side projects back at the workshop while his wounds heal over.

I wonder. Wasn't there a healing rule that you get back 1HP per hour (And lycanthropes get 2 per hour)? If that's the case he can be back and ready in 8 hours, but that's still the next day...

voidoblivion
07-15-2013, 12:13 PM
yeah sadly its not like there is a kolbold healer in the area that could heal you. it will be a long night for you, that sucks

voidoblivion
07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
nice little battle with the rat also, looked like the dice hated you for a moment

rtcvb32
07-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Well I'm a healer, but most of my spell selection wasn't set for urban or fighting. Likely most of my spells will go towards healing in the morning.

And yes the dice weren't liking me or Yorick, but somehow we got just what we needed at the same time. Yorick especially had bad luck.

voidoblivion
07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
I thought the poison dagger fort fail sucked. but still the battle was pretty awesome, I made my kolbold to be like the parties Cleric once I am into the party that is. Should be a lot of fun

rtcvb32
07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
So there will be two healers? That's good... Can never have too many.

And yes the poison dagger did suck (I had anti-venom but didn't think about using it), being Silver didn't help any either. However ability point healing shouldn't take too long.

voidoblivion
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
good stuff

voidoblivion
07-15-2013, 02:58 PM
never can have enough healers in a party

voidoblivion
07-16-2013, 08:00 AM
I love the city map, Vul Laws and hit list posted on the new thread, well done

voidoblivion
07-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Who is up for a Skype chat group were we can talk OOC while we PbP? Like being at a table RPing joking around as you play.

rtcvb32
07-16-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't use Skype...

voidoblivion
07-16-2013, 10:19 PM
what do you use?

rtcvb32
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
AIM/YIM, IRC... There's a few others but those are the most common ones. (I have MSN but MSN doesn't like me for some reason...)

voidoblivion
07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
well Ive got AIM and YIM

Any one else have these two messengers that would be willing or want to do the group chat?

Daydreaming
07-19-2013, 08:43 PM
I can do the group chat thing.. I have a mic, and I have skype and YIM. My skype is: dickiesanchez , and my YIM is: flamingvampire5
Make sure you let me know who you are though when you message me on those, cause I get a lot of weirdos trying to chat me up on there or add me lol. Oh also I wanted to note that I always show as invisible on those too, so even though it might not look like I am online I might actually be there. I do that so I don't have to deal with certain people if I don't feel like it at the time. Not you guys of course but other friends of mine that need better things to do with their time than ask me what I'm doing a million times a day haha.

Daydreaming
07-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Seems like discussion not directly related to the game shouldn't go in the main posts of any (or 'Start Here' either). So I'm starting this thread for any discussions that might need to be done.

It's very likely Sauel isn't going to be doing much for a while, so I wouldn't mind at the least talking to everyone a little. Unfortunately I can't think up a good subject for some reason, probably due to reading a comic or a hundred other unimportant things.

Great idea by the way. :D

rtcvb32
07-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh thats cool D: I geuss i just wasn't reading all the stuffs. :D makes the class seem a lot better.

( oh yeah it's really a lot of fun, if you get the right feats it can be pretty damn powerful, since you don't have spell cool downs on an eldritch blast haha. That's what made me want to try it. I've always loved the thought of playing a caster cause I play casters in videogames a lot, but I was always annoyed with the limited spells per day stuff.)

I would think you guys would do that talk in the OOC thread, otherwise it kinda clutters it up...

Daydreaming
07-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I would think you guys would do that talk in the OOC thread, otherwise it kinda clutters it up...

ah yeah sorry man I was only replying in the thread the comment was made in so it was easier to see the response. Unless you can quote from another thread into a different thread like this one? I wasn't sure.

Edit: yes , I guess we can quote here from other threads... ok fixed it for you man and put a note on there for shadovar. :o

Daydreaming
07-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Oh thats cool D: I geuss i just wasn't reading all the stuffs. :D makes the class seem a lot better.
oh yeah it's really a lot of fun, if you get the right feats it can be pretty damn powerful, since you don't have spell cool downs on an eldritch blast haha. That's what made me want to try it. I've always loved the thought of playing a caster cause I play casters in videogames a lot, but I was always annoyed with the limited spells per day stuff.

voidoblivion
07-22-2013, 04:48 PM
well I can do YIM also. I am voidoblivion@yahoo.com on there.

Daydreaming
07-23-2013, 03:20 PM
dang I guess Asher is MIA? hahah I've been waiting for him to post his reply for a few days now...

rtcvb32
07-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Ditto... I think Narayan said he was sick.

I'd almost think let him play as an NPC for a little while, but since as Asher's sorta the center of the story, and having him die or something happen when clearly a different decision would have prevented it puts it in an interesting dilemma. In a battle hopefully everyone can log on once or twice and give a short brief reply and maybe let the DM figure out how the results are... Hmmm... Well life happens, but as long as the story starts picking up again at a decent pace soon I am willing to wait a little longer, but I hope to get the battle finished up fairly soon.

Daydreaming
07-25-2013, 06:25 AM
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Things/th_DDS115BattlewithKasha.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Things/DDS115BattlewithKasha.png.html)
you forgot Tix on your map.

Being identified as a human didn't sound good, and he couldn't move Yorick either.

it's ok to be a human in the city, just not a lycanthrope. I think you might of wrote this wrong? :confused: I'm not sure if that's what you meant...

rtcvb32
07-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Maybe I forgot a couple words.. Being identified as a werewolf IN his human form is what I meant... I'm sure the Vul probably have good memories...

edit: Also Rabi is missing as well...

Daydreaming
07-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe I forgot a couple words.. Being identified as a werewolf IN his human form is what I meant... I'm sure the Vul probably have good memories...

edit: Also Rabi is missing as well...
oh ok, but from what I read you had changed to your werewolf form before my character and the others came out to help you guys. I didn't see any posts where you had changed back to a human yet though, maybe you forgot? It has been a while since the first posts of the battle after all.

Daydreaming
07-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Curses under his breath at the sight of a Vul, not what he wanted now. "We must scatter or take the vul down before it can call for others...." He mutters to himself. <initiative-14>
It already did call for others... hence when it blew it's special horn calling for more vulkyrie haha...

rtcvb32
07-25-2013, 06:31 PM
oh ok, but from what I read you had changed to your werewolf form before my character and the others came out to help you guys. I didn't see any posts where you had changed back to a human yet though, maybe you forgot? It has been a while since the first posts of the battle after all.

Nope, didn't change back and didn't forget, but changing and letting a Vul see me change from one form to another right in front of him probably will put me on a death list... Even if it isn't listed as a law I'm sure they have a severe dislike for were's from what I've gathered in this campaign so far.

Daydreaming
07-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Nope, didn't change back and didn't forget, but changing and letting a Vul see me change from one form to another right in front of him probably will put me on a death list... Even if it isn't listed as a law I'm sure they have a severe dislike for were's from what I've gathered in this campaign so far.

oh ok... I wasn't sure if werewolves appeared to look like regular wolves or if they looked different. I wonder if the Vul just have a good sense of smell and could detect you from that? or if werewolves do look noticeably different than regular wolves?

rtcvb32
07-26-2013, 12:30 AM
They do have a good sense of smell I'm sure, but if they could detect only based on that I doubt it.

The DM has allowed where custom armor you are wearing could be modified to let you shift in it so you can use it, he might change this later, but if you're wearing human armor as a wolf you likely can be separated out as a were rather than a simple wolf. As for the rats, not sure none of them are shifted from what I can tell. But I'm sure there's internal turf war between the wolves and rats so he might just assume that's what this is.

voidoblivion
07-29-2013, 12:56 AM
hey Asher has posted whos next in the iniative sequence to post?

rtcvb32
07-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Purusartha
Tix
Kasha
Wererat #1
Wererat #2
Wererat #3
Cred
Asher
Ivar
Emiko
Vulkyrie
Sauel
Palenrian

Ivar, Emiko, Vul (and/or Asher), Saul, then Palenrian

voidoblivion
07-29-2013, 07:25 AM
so NPC then PC then NPC, PC, then NPC... woot

I say we revolt and kill all the NPCs, then run to a new continent and start over lol, be all anarchist, doom a continent then move to the next one lol

rtcvb32
07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
We could also hold our action until we are on the same initiative and then all the PC's act together...

Daydreaming
07-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Looks to Emiko. "I am many things but a fool. Everyone ready your shots for Emiko speaks true, let this Vul be the first of many" He brings his bow up to aim and holds action until it becomes more visible.
haha you guys know when I type anything in between the ~ things that means it's her inner thoughts right...? Also Emiko never thought you as a fool Asher if you read it. She thought herself a fool and then thought you might be scared since you were planning on leaving your friends and running away so quickly to leave the vul there lol. You wouldn't know that though... unless you can read minds? :confused:

rtcvb32
07-29-2013, 08:15 PM
~I am thinking I am thinking I am thinking~
*I am acting I am sneaking I am peeking*
"I am speaking I am speaking"

voidoblivion
07-29-2013, 10:35 PM
~GIggle DOomed~
*juggles pointy sticks of doom*
"Your Doomed"

"mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

{Dooms them all with his awesomeness within his evil Laughter Spell. DC300 GM saves 301 rest fail = all PCs Doomed}

Narayan
07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Sorry I was afk these couple days... I'm working on fixing a car I am going to buy. Might be done tomorrow I hope.

Narayan
08-05-2013, 02:33 AM
So I'm sorry to say that I had to drop Asher from the game. This is unfortunate because I designed the whole campaign around his character. I don't think the group will stick together without Asher's plotline so rather than trying to carry on somehow I've elected to redesign the campaign.

I'm gonna need your input on what sort of campaign you remaining players think you would play well in together? It doesn't have to be set in the Kingdom of Vulkh either unless you really want too. We can play elsewhere on Sion.

So anyway, talk amongst yourselves... bounce around some ideas... chat with me if I happen to be online, and I will check back with you.

Thanks also, I was really enjoying playing with the rest of you. I'm sorry I put my faith in the wrong PC to play a lead role and made the game too focused on his plotline.

rtcvb32
08-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Kinda unfortunate but stuff happens. I've played in a couple different campaigns that are PbP on Paizo, and they ended up stopping due to how long it was taking. (This size of battle we're doing taking over 2 months, for maybe 10 rounds of combat with 5pc's).

I don't mind if we leave the Vul in as the major 'badguy' in it all; Afterall if the Vul have been in control of the main area for the better part of a thousand years, leaving them where they are is fine.

If we start over, it would seem I have the only were PC, at which point our characters meeting again they wouldn't know he's cursed with lycanthrope, so there's that to consider vs having Puru & Yorick involved as they currently are/were.

Types of adventuring. Basic adventuring would be good, due to the speed of PbP either try and do battles where we're all online at the same time and using MapTools, or working in pairs as those rounds tend to move faster for combat (Not that I'd want to go without backup all the time, or only one companion).

Sauel (as was decided a while ago) is sorta out to help the greater good, so he could probably tie into almost any group so long as it seems halfway meaningful. Thoughts anyone? Ideas?

voidoblivion
08-05-2013, 06:16 AM
I love this world. Honestly I suggest we let me heal key PC/NPC the players kill the downed Vul, the large Valkyrie group shows up and we scatter. We all find each other accept for Asher. (he could of been captured) But we must continue on even if he is not around. the Vul must be defeated. The healing will allow for a better connection between my PC and the other PCs. While not much of a rewrite will be needed then.

We will continue on with the quest in his honor. Make it a battle cry of sorts

rtcvb32
08-05-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm not sure if that would work... Asher's character (Half air dragon) was the heir to the throne that could turn the tide and throw the Vul out. Would you really expect it to work that four or five random people who claim to be doing work for the rightful heir but never have him appear?

Maybe Asher joins Archille, and works from the cities and politics, perhaps giving us chores to do but if Asher gets caught, sorry campaigns over. If he's been booted as Narayan says is the case, then the current main purpose of it all just doesn't fit anymore.

Puru was going to help quite a bit with Asher, Tix belongs to asher, Sauel is following Puru and with Puru's conviction he's willing to go as far as needed. Archille was out early on as a prey species. Next we have a cursed female with a kitsune and a kobold that are barely entered into the mix. No, if Asher doesn't intend to return and really take the reins then likely the whole thing does need to be scrapped and done over again. Mind you I'd like to finish the combat and then get XP and divide loot and work from there (I'm almost at 3rd afterall).

shadovar
08-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Eh. I am really being put off by the pace. I enjoy the feel and the set, but I am losing interest. Me thinks I shall search for a in chat game. What ever adventure you guys begin/continue I will read on though. The group is strong and enjoyable.

voidoblivion
08-05-2013, 06:49 PM
lol yeah all that work and nothing. How sad. well I will be willing to play in the next game

rtcvb32
08-05-2013, 07:38 PM
So it's really coming down to PbP isn't going to work, we need instead to probably find a night we all can play for 4+ hours and just RP it out, then put it on the forums and updated to reflect more detail.

shadovar
08-12-2013, 01:58 PM
oh come on people don't just let this die D: D:

Narayan
08-12-2013, 02:38 PM
lol yeah all that work and nothing. How sad. well I will be willing to play in the next game

Well I hope you do stay :)

So it's really coming down to PbP isn't going to work, we need instead to probably find a night we all can play for 4+ hours and just RP it out, then put it on the forums and updated to reflect more detail.

Well I dunno if its really time to quit PbP. We just need to work on this issue of making combat go by quicker and have players that are dedicated to posting everyday. Ideally we should all just hash through it on maptools or some other program while we're all online at the same time. But since this is an online game, I am sure that won't happen as much as we'd like.

Say the normal RP through pbp is going smoothly but suddenly there's combat. Then we have to schedule a chat-session to get through that, and it might be days before everyone can agree on a time for that so we may still be waiting days to resolve the combat. As it is now, resolving things through pbp takes longer but at least there's regular progress (assuming everyone is keeping up with their end).

oh come on people don't just let this die D: D:

Yeah, I hope we can still salvage some sort of game out of this. I am willing to switch formats from pbp to a chat-based game if that's what everyone prefers. Like I told everyone at the beginning this is my first pbp game so I'm not surprised there were glitches and setbacks. But I'm still willing to try and make it work.

But if everyone would prefer a chat-based game that is workable too?

voidoblivion
08-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Ive got tie for php. I suggest a group Skype chat to hash out combat on so it goes quicker

Daydreaming
08-12-2013, 05:23 PM
yeah I am happy with anything as long as I get to use my same character and back story lol. Sorry I was gone for a while as well I had to baby sit my niece for a day at my sister's house and I got really bad migraines while I was there and couldn't do anything, not even go home, my sister had to take care of me. I am back now though. Skype I can do, I have a mic too. :o If you want to do chat, I've done that before so I can set aside time for it. Play by post is still ok with me too, but yeah I agree on combat, maybe something needs to be altered a bit there? I don't know... But I REALLY want to keep playing! :laugh:

rtcvb32
08-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't use skype... And I really don't want to get it either. (I use Pidgin for a client which can plug in most types of chat clients and protocols, so long as they are open. Skype is closed and proprietary).

rtcvb32
08-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Well that's one way to get rid of PC's made NPC's all at once; Naturally if it was possible to finish of the 6HD Vul, it's impossible now with likely a 10+HD Vul, and a dragon who's probably at least CR 8, So running away is the only option if you don't want to die right away. Hmmm... I'd had hoped to save Yorick, but... *frowns*

Narayan
08-14-2013, 03:18 PM
So I've decided we shall keep moving on without Asher. Doesn't really matter what you decide to do, it's all good. If Asher's plotline dies with him, so be it.

voidoblivion
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
awesome

shadovar
08-20-2013, 06:30 PM
and yet I am still the only person still active /sigh

rtcvb32
08-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm watching and am active, however it wasn't my turn.

Hmmm... what to do...

voidoblivion
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
I am waiting also unless I got my time wrong and it is my turn....

rtcvb32
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Well, at this point... I guess either we wait for the other's turn who can run away or act, or the DM can say it's been enough time and just decide or auto-succeeding the rolls for us to do whatever actions we need to run away.

Seeing as we have a dragon and two Valkyries (CR10-CR11 encounter probably) it's pretty safe to say we can't fight it off and we probably can't finish off the one that was there either (Unless the summon I did manages to succeed somehow).

Either way we gotta decide something soon, I'm starting to lose interest in waiting...

voidoblivion
08-21-2013, 09:52 PM
oh I have my plan. Zap summon port doom run away

rtcvb32
08-26-2013, 03:41 AM
It's been 5 days since the last OOC post, we should have moved on by now...

Hmm out of curiosity how many times does everyone come on and check for posts? If people check rarely or not at all (and/or rely on email or something) then that might be a problem.

Me personally? If we're actively playing I sometimes check every 5 minutes, or at a minimum 3 times in a given day (Unless I'm out for some reason, which is sorta rare right now).

I guess with this in mind, if we want a game that moves at a good pace (like it did before asher suddenly went absent) we probably need players who want to play often and check often. Course there's always the possibility of scheduling a 'game night' and we all get on IM. I don't use Skype BTW, I just don't like using proprietary protocols I can't plug into Pidgin (http://www.pidgin.im).

Daydreaming
08-26-2013, 05:57 PM
oh damn it, I just checked in today and saw Narayan's message about the game still going. I'm so sorry everyone. I thought he would call or text me and let me know to check in... but he didn't... :mmph: Anyways, are we still going with the game?

omg ok so I just read the current game posts and holy crap! {Emiko has a heart attack and falls over} haha! So I would like to post my response when I can but I'm still waiting to hear back from Narayan about some options haha.

voidoblivion
08-31-2013, 06:22 AM
lol yeah ..I hope we start posting again soon

Narayan
09-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Hey sorry for the absence guys, my laptop fried... but I got another one now. It's a bit better so I think I'll have an easier time doing things online. My former one only had 1GB of ram, which technically wasn't enough to run the OS I was using (Windows 7). This new one has 2GB of ram, and I'll be upgrading it soon to 4.

shadovar
09-24-2013, 12:46 AM
mrow

voidoblivion
09-24-2013, 10:04 AM
WElcome back.

Daydreaming
09-26-2013, 02:41 PM
haha man we're in for one crazy adventure with these freaking creepy Vul creatures. I think I'm gonna have nightmares... thanks a lot nar nar... :help:

voidoblivion
09-27-2013, 05:32 PM
lol Vuls look awesome

Daydreaming
09-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Hodor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nS8u6Td5I) ...just sayin... :fencing:

voidoblivion
10-01-2013, 05:32 AM
HOndor lol

Daydreaming
10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I will be away from my computer til friday evening or possibly saturday evening depending. I will try to see if I can use my brother-in-law's tablet to post in the thread during that time, but if I am not active in posting that will be why. I have to watch my niece for my mom, because my mom is recovering from an injury. I will try to post as soon as I can though, and if it's a rush then Narayan has permission to post for me if needed.

Tanarus
10-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Hello Everyone ^_^ how are you all? I am the newest member to this RP i belive so i would like to just stop in and say hello to everyone. Btw Deathlotus, saw that you made the banner thing, great work ^_^

Windstar
10-14-2013, 02:38 AM
Hello all, I am Windstar, as an old old old player I will try and keep up best as I can......

rtcvb32
10-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Seems to be quite a change and growth in PC/NPC list. Interesting...

voidoblivion
10-14-2013, 04:04 AM
Welcome back WINdstar and the new player welcome. most awesome. sowhat is wind star and what are you playing new player.

Tanarus
10-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Im playing a were-cat Rogue female. and thank you for the welcome. ^_^

Windstar
10-15-2013, 04:35 PM
I have a holt halfling female rogue. Narayan did not endorse my pic of her so am looking for a new one. Black leathers, daggers and axes....

rtcvb32
10-15-2013, 05:36 PM
looking forward to seeing you guys getting involved soon; Cliche maybe with entering a tavern and everyone just happens to get involved? (mmm seems unlikely :P )

WindStar> Now I'm curious what her picture is. Honestly I have a high interest in adult RPing, including erotic play, however on a site (such as this one) and the way the game plays out, likelihood of those elements are usually ejected or ignored in favor of cleaner play.

Windstar
10-16-2013, 07:19 AM
rtcvb32, it was not a dirty picture... alluring maybe, but not dirty......

rtcvb32
10-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Windstar> I didn't say it was a dirty picture, I commented I was interested in knowing what it was, then I commented I can be a very adult RPer.

Windstar
10-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Wasn't being snarky there..... Sorry if it sounded that way. I uploaded Deidra to my profile pictures....

Windstar
10-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Deathlotus, being the party artist, any chances of drawing my character?

Daydreaming
10-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Deathlotus, being the party artist, any chances of drawing my character?
Ummm I don't know about drawing your character up from scratch. I could do it but I am pretty busy with other art projects I have to work on for now. To make it easier I usually take a picture of someone meeting the general appearance of the character from stock photos on the internet and then I alter them in photoshop to look more like the character. Sometimes changing facial structure and colorings of things and adding tattoos or other stuff. I also like to find pictures of their outfit or armor to use as a reference so people can get a good idea of appearance for role playing purposes. If it's something very specific that I cannot find a picture for I will sometimes draw it if I have time or even sometimes draw out the whole character. For example this is my character Emiko:
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Fairyfoogoo/media/EmikoDampDwarlock_zps33199fd8.jpg.html (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Fairyfoogoo/media/EmikoDampDwarlock_zps33199fd8.jpg.html)
(I took a base picture of an albino woman and I widened her features to make her appear more asian looking and added a tattoo and recolored her eyes to match the character.)
this is her familiar named Kitsune:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6625/churchillarcticfoxes.jpg (http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6625/churchillarcticfoxes.jpg)
and this is the armor and outfit Emiko wears:
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/Fairyfoogoo/EmikoDampDoutfitarmor_zpsa3ee8603.jpg (http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/Fairyfoogoo/EmikoDampDoutfitarmor_zpsa3ee8603.jpg)
As you can see I will sometimes use screenshots of armor from some videogames I play if I feel it fits the appearance that I was going for too.

Here is a link to my sheet for her as well if you wish to read the background I made for her in the description and personality sections. I also keep links to these images above on there as well: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=608877 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=608877)

I probably have enough spare time to maybe help you find images to go along with your character's appearance and alter them to fit your needs, but at the moment I have a hard enough time keeping up with the artwork I have to do for others in real life already that it would be hard for me to draw out a character from scratch. It also depends what you're wanting too, because some of my own old drawings I have on my computer could possibly be used and quickly recolored or altered...

Also my real name is Jenni by the way if it's easier than writing Deathlotus all the time haha...

Daydreaming
10-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Hello Everyone ^_^ how are you all? I am the newest member to this RP i belive so i would like to just stop in and say hello to everyone. Btw Deathlotus, saw that you made the banner thing, great work ^_^

Hello all, I am Windstar, as an old old old player I will try and keep up best as I can......

Hello and welcome to both of you! I was away for a few days so I just got a chance to check the threads today. Thank you for your kind words by the way about the banner and I look forward to playing with you guys.

Daydreaming
10-19-2013, 08:39 AM
rtcvb32, it was not a dirty picture... alluring maybe, but not dirty......
Yeah, it may not be that the picture was sexual but more if it served as functional to the character creation. For example if you have a rogue wearing light armor as your character and you show a picture of a character wearing heavy plate mail. I could see Narayan urging you to try and find something more fitting to your character. Let me know if you need help finding good reference pictures or altering some to better fit your needs as I mentioned in my other post to you on the start here thread I would be more than willing to help you out with that if you're having trouble. Also.. don't feel pressured to supply pictures either, it's not required. It's more of a fun extra role playing attribute. Some of our other players haven't submitted any pictures really, and written descriptions can be just as good as well. I was thinking of asking Narayan to make a copy and paste of our character descriptions we've made and his as well to apply to the main post in the start here thread so appearance references can be easier to find for everyone if they need reminders, especially since we have a lot more characters in play now too, PC and NPC both.

rtcvb32
10-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Well the DM conforms the entire world, and the entire world is a lot of NPC's.

But how many are active at any given time, hmmm... At the least the Keu isn't going to be doing hardly anything, Yorick might leave the grouping once the full moon hits in 2 days, that brings it down to the main essential NPC's that are actually relevant. But then again, I have almost none of the picture to see so I have no clue what's going on in most of the world.

Windstar
10-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I have a head pic in characters folder, if you get the chance. I understand being busy... Only too well!!! LOL.

rtcvb32
10-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Unfortunately I have no real artistic talent.

Modifying a real picture seems like cheating, but I don't know. But so long as it all turns out good I guess it doesn't matter, does it?

shadovar
10-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Due to outside factors I will be dropping myself from the game. Sorry to have taken so long before taking action about my inaction.

Daydreaming
10-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Due to outside factors I will be dropping myself from the game. Sorry to have taken so long before taking action about my inaction.
Sorry to hear that man. I hope your real life stuff get's better for you. :(

Daydreaming
10-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Unfortunately I have no real artistic talent.

Modifying a real picture seems like cheating, but I don't know. But so long as it all turns out good I guess it doesn't matter, does it?

I have a head pic in characters folder, if you get the chance. I understand being busy... Only too well!!! LOL.

Well I never claim it as my own work except the parts I alter or if it is a photo or drawing I did myself, so I wouldn't say it's cheating really, more a quicker way to show a representation of something. There is also stock photos people make specifically to be used in photo alterations of making art or characters, things like that. It's almost like playing with paper dolls. If you would like to see some of my own personal work you can go here: http://fairyfoogoo.deviantart.com/ (http://fairyfoogoo.deviantart.com/)
Those are all photos I took myself, everything there was made from scratch by me or drawn by me.
I guess I could always use my laggy tablet to do a scratchy cartoony sketch of the characters quickly, but sometimes I like to find real photos to use for more immersion for myself. I could also just have a friend model for a photo and take a picture of them to use in alterations for characters, but it's quicker to use stock photos people have already made. What characters folder are you referring to Windstar? Is it something on here? can you link me to it?

voidoblivion
10-20-2013, 01:20 PM
THat sucks I hate loosing another player. well take care Shadovar. We must now avenge his death along with the other one.

Windstar
10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Does anyone else from group visit the chat room? I know Narayan almost lives there, but I am in there quite a bit as well.

Daydreaming
10-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Does anyone else from group visit the chat room? I know Narayan almost lives there, but I am in there quite a bit as well.

Sometimes I do if there are people in there lol... I am usually multi-tasking though so it's hard to keep up with what's being posted.

voidoblivion
10-28-2013, 07:29 AM
I occasionally visit it

Windstar
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
i hate these die rollers!!!!!!!! Arrrgggg!!!!

Narayan
11-11-2013, 03:33 PM
So I think enough time has passed at this point to consider how we deal with the pace of the game and adopting new players. Those of you who took part in Act 1, Part 1 should consider yourselves part of the main group with voting rights over new players who try and join from this point on.

We should all agree that 48 hours is a fair amount of time to make a post for your character, but I have found that I keep having to PM people to remind them to post on a regular basis. I realize that some of you have more going on than others, and more importantly some of you try harder to contribute when you can even if you don't get to post as often as others.

Because the group is currently split with a three-way time differential I have been struggling to keep the pace up and doing my best to help new players post on a regular basis with reminders or chatting with them to help them make decisions.

I was hoping to give the new players a chance to do their own thing for starters to make them feel like this was their game as much as anyone else's but that isn't working out like I imagined. The main group has been very good about patiently waiting for the new players to hurry up and get themselves involved and catch up. But enough is enough. This game should be primarily focused on the main group.

It's becoming more difficult for me to decide how to keep the pace up because I don't know how the rest of you feel about the new players? So I have decided that when the pace of the game is getting slow like this, I may call for a vote from the group. if they feel a new player isn't contributing enough on a regular basis they can decide to let them go or give them more time.

If one of you has a problem with anyone else you should always feel welcome to voice your concerns to me but please understand it is much more difficult for me to take over for, or kill off, a character who's been a part of the group for a while... So I am only calling for a vote on Tanarus and Windstar at this time.

I'll keep your opinions anonymous, so please inform me via pm'ing me or chatting with me privately which of them you'd like to keep in the game or not? If more of you say nay than yay they will have to leave the game and I may take over their characters as NPC's. Or I may not, I haven't decided yet.

rtcvb32
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Constantly reminding...

Something I'd like to point out, is a recommendation to have a tab open and leave it open for the RP. When I'm at my computer quite frequently I'm refreshing several tabs, and this is just one of them in the group. Once they are refreshed I look them all over and determine if there's anything to reply to. If anyone tends to close tabs once they are done, this would help with making delays rather than being on top to reply as soon as reasonably possible.

So my suggestion: Keep a tab open to the gaming thread & refresh often (at least twice a day).

Daydreaming
11-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I usually let Narayan know via text on the phone or through skype if I won't be online for a certain amount of time, and that he has permission to post things for me if others are waiting for me too long. I also check with him on a daily basis through skype to see when it's my turn to reply. I would keep checking the thread myself, but it seems like I am usually waiting for a reply still when I check it, so I just ask him directly.

Daydreaming
11-16-2013, 10:10 PM
The lingering scent of her kitsune was present too, although not for very long.
Just to let everyone know. Kitsune is her name, Kit for short, and she is an arctic fox. I just noticed a few people using her name to describe what she is, rather than who she is haha.

Riderpride
11-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Hey everyone, looks like I will be joining up with you here fairly shortly (working on an introductory post now). Glad to meet you all, and looking forward to some great RP!

Daydreaming
11-17-2013, 10:12 PM
"I believe two of Asher's allies had come here as well, a woman by the name of Emiko, and a half dwarf by the name of Cael."

Only Cael, and now the others inside the tannery know my name. Unless Cael mentioned my name to his brother or the inn owner when he went to prepare to transport me to the tannery? Oh, and I think Cael doesn't know Asher really either? Not sure about that one...
Edit: haha nevermind... Narayan just let me know that Cael did in fact share my name and story with Serryn's daugher, and she told Serryn. It all makes sense now... Please go on, and sorry for jumping on you lol... I didn't mean to be overly critical, just trying to keep the game legit is all. OH! and: :welcome:

Riderpride
11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah, Narayan and I had a bit of a long-winded conversation the night previous, so I just copied and pasted the important bits into my character sheet for reference, I've been going by that, for the time being. I can always backpedal and edit accordingly if something I've posted up to this point isn't 100% accurate.

Daydreaming
11-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, Narayan and I had a bit of a long-winded conversation the night previous, so I just copied and pasted the important bits into my character sheet for reference, I've been going by that, for the time being. I can always backpedal and edit accordingly if something I've posted up to this point isn't 100% accurate.

Haha no worries man! I edited my post above for you. ;)

Daydreaming
11-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Ok, so I quoted you all to make sure you all see this post and can respond with your descriptions. Narayan and I thought it might be helpful to put a section in the "start here" thread that contains the descriptions and/or links for people's character appearances.

Please reply to my post here with the name of your character(s) and a description of how they look (ex. hair and eye color, height, weight, scars, hairstyle, clothing, tattoos, etc.). If you have links to images for reference please post those too in your reply to me.

We are going to post the descriptions in the "start here" thread as an easily available reference spot for people just in case they forget what a character might look like. I think it will help a lot with immersion and role playing. For those of you that change forms, please write out a description of what your other form looks like as well.

`

`

`

`

`

`

Windstar
11-18-2013, 08:32 PM
At 3'2" and 39 lbs, she is muscled heavily in the shoulders and arms from slinging a smith hammer; her dark red hair braided with leather thongs holding it back from her well forge tanned face. Dressed in very deep and dark purple leathers, visible daggers hang on her thighs, with a hand axe at her waist. She normally wears a duster style long coat, with a great axe and a composite short bow strapped to her backpack, when on the road.

Riderpride
11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Arminas stands 5'8", not exceptionally tall for an elf. A slender build, Arminas is far from muscular, but has a toned frame. His skin has a nice tanned hue to it, from the years of living the life of a strider, the only roof he's ever known has been the canopies of the forests. His brown hair is rarely ever seen in anything but a simple ponytail, his leafy green eyes always scanning, studying, assessing. His voice is usually of a calm tone when he speaks, but those that know him find him to be very quiet and reserved. His armor is of very fine quality, though it has seen a lot of travel, his blade always clean, and longbow extremely well maintained.

voidoblivion
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
my daughter is in the hospital. so I am sorry for the slow posts.

thin little lizard wearing leathers, with a back pack, pouch, and a dagger in his waste band.His eyes are glowing red eyes and his Hide is a rusty brown color and 2'3" tall

Daydreaming
11-19-2013, 09:22 PM
my daughter is in the hospital. so I am sorry for the slow posts.

Oh no... Sorry to hear that man. Is she ok? What's wrong with her? I hope she get's better soon! :frown:

voidoblivion
11-20-2013, 09:53 PM
She just got out of Hospital ...weather + Asthma + 15 months old + cold = bad ju ju, so now she is homea nd we are medicating her as prescribed

Riderpride
11-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Good to hear, hope she gets well quickly!

Narayan
11-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Excellent, glad to hear she is gonna be alright. It does get scary when they are that young.

Narayan
11-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Purusartha stands a couple inches short of 6' in sandals with the look of an old hermit. His graying hair is long and unkempt hanging thick with long bangs. He also wears a beard. His skin is leathery and darkly tanned. He wears tattered desert garb, torn and shredded from years living among rocks and thorny shrubs, soiled with fresh bloodstains from recent battles. He carries a longbow, a short sword and a dagger. Puru's eyes are a bit strange to behold, one being brown, the other blue. He also has a tattoo of a Snake across his back and shoulders that extends down both arms.

voidoblivion
11-21-2013, 02:16 PM
she siout now. and thanks for the well wishes.

Daydreaming
11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Good news about your daughter Void I'm glad to hear she is doing better!

Just a note from me about the next few days for you guys:

I will be away from my PC for tonight and tomorrow. I may be able to post tomorrow night depending on plans, because my little sister's birthday is Saturday. She is turning 24. Saturday we will be doing stuff for sure, so I won't be able to post til evening. It really depends what we're doing though. Worst case scenario I won't be posting til Sunday, but I will try to see if I can get some posts in some time between now and then. I could try and see if I can post from my phone, but I am not sure how that will work. I will check it out though.

Daydreaming
11-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Ok I guess I can post from my phone it's just hard because the internet keeps cutting out on my phone and then I have to type things out again lol

rtcvb32
11-22-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm told a friend of mine has the same problems; However she has a tablet with a detachable keyboard. She's type out a decent reply, and suddenly the browser will just die and that's it. Could be memory limitations or just a buggy browser, not sure about Android devices and their limitations.

Daydreaming
11-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Just wanted to share this cause I thought it was generally interesting and cool even if it wasn't related to the game. I was looking up fox sounds to see how my familiar fox might sound for description purposes in role play and what not. What I found was pretty cool and cute lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElQ79rc-5w

Daydreaming
11-25-2013, 05:08 PM
`
Oh hey, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting on here with the name of your character and a description of how they look (ex. hair and eye color, height, weight, scars, hairstyle, clothing, tattoos, etc.). If you have links to images for reference please post those too in your reply to me. Please include a description of your appearance in your changed form as well and your pet if you can.

We are going to post the descriptions in the "start here" thread as an easily available reference spot for people just in case they forget what a character might look like. I think it will help a lot with immersion and role playing. Thank you for your time man. :D

rtcvb32
11-25-2013, 05:10 PM
~Swearing oath to another deity on a whim? What sort of realm is this?~

I think something that should probably be brought up regarding religion. In a fantasy world where gods are real (getting acts of faith, and power, and even sometimes them coming down in physical form) it isn't like religion as we know it in real life. We operate on faith while they do have proof of their faith, and more than that they even have vessels or speak for themselves of what they want and what they accept.

So with that in mind, something to keep in mind is quite often in a fantasy world priests, clerics, and people won't be devoted to a single god, they would quite often give Charity and homage to several gods quite regularly. Although I'm not sure what the 'oath' is I'm sure you could have several as well so long as they don't interfere with eachother. The only people who might be more concerned about the oath would be those who have powers being gifted from the divine (clerics and druids) vs say a fighter or something similar.

Some material to consider watching, assuming YouTube isn't being a butt with it's Google+ commenting issues (I can't even log in anymore).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ereUtddBXNY - over an hour long, probably listen while you're doing dishes or something.

Riderpride
11-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Oh I'm quite aware of it. As a Ranger though, their spell source is also divine, and since Arminas is technically from another world altogether, his (semi) religious views will likely differ from those in Akhenaten.

rtcvb32
11-25-2013, 10:27 PM
That's fine, wanted to get that out there a bit, mostly that you don't have to be devoted to one god so as not to cause problems or misconceptions.

Riderpride
11-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Hehe no worries. I have no real religious beliefs of my own in real life, I have other things to worry about in my own life. Arminas as a character, isn't against the idea of a multi-faceted belief system, just doesn't quite know what to think of it, and hasn't really seen it first-hand.

Shun001
11-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Hello everybody, I will be joining this campaign soon. I know Nar in real life and for the most part, when not wrenching on cars, enjoys very much working with his DDS campaign. I just thought I myself would not want to miss out on the fun and made a character hopefully you will all meet soon.

Keep and eye out and happy adventuring!

Daydreaming
11-26-2013, 05:02 AM
Hello everybody, I will be joining this campaign soon. I know Nar in real life and for the most part, when not wrenching on cars, enjoys very much working with his DDS campaign. I just thought I myself would not want to miss out on the fun and made a character hopefully you will all meet soon.

Keep and eye out and happy adventuring!
Nice to meet you! I also know Narayan from real life haha... Please feel free to post a description of your character on here too. We are in the process of making a special character description section for reference for people to make things easier.

Narayan
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Wrusk is a half-orc, far along in his years with long bushy eyebrows above small, murky, angry eyes deeply recessed into their sockets. His face is well wrinkled but closely shaven and his tusks are caped with silver.

Though he stands a bit stooped and leans on a cane, the old half orc still has the look of a warrior with the hint of some frightening pale scars cut across his leather'ed skin. His hair is light grey and thinning into high widows peaks above his temples, but he still wears it long tied behind his neck.

Wrusk is well dressed, clearly a half orc of unusual means and taste. His leathers are of the finest quality, supple and delicately embroidered. His fingers bare jeweled silver rings and his walking stick is actually carved from some giant unknown bone. He carries no obvious weapons beside a long bone-handled knife.

Shun001
11-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Xiaolong is a 61 year old Caishian man, stands 4'10" but is usually found slouching forward in an arch.

His head is bald but has grey facial hair in a long fu manchu roughly 5 inches in length. His face covered in many wrinkles. He has bushy grey eyebrows with small brown eyes hiding beneath them.

his muscles are small but toned across his body, he has a small round distinctive gut hanging under his boney ribcage. His hands are slender with boney digits and smooth flat knuckles.

He wears a simple brown hemp shirt and loose hemp pants with a rope belt. He carries upon his hip a small flask made of foreign wood, a small pouch tied to the belt, and a small metal pipe approximately 10 inches in length.
upon his feet he wears simple straw sandals.

rtcvb32
11-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Shun001> Sounds and seems a lot like Yoda for some reason...

rtcvb32
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Next day or two I may not be able to reply, going to a thanksgiving meetup with a friend's family. I'll try to be on and reply but that doesn't mean I will have easy access at the hotel.

edit: Hmmm seems this wasn't necessary.

Daydreaming
11-30-2013, 05:43 PM
He nods not saying anything. The urgency of there mission nips at his patience. Hearing Emilko's words he just nods. He was not asking for anything beyond that. The gratitude to Userwroth for helping is more then enough.

Haha dang it Void! I thought you would be more surprised at me talking in draconic to you, maybe even say something about it? lol :doh:
Maybe I am just a nerd I guess... :nerd:

Shun001
11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
well as long as he knows you are a mage class character with a familiar draconic wouldn't be too much a stretch. most magical written works are in draconic so it comes with the field

voidoblivion
12-04-2013, 01:43 PM
its ok EMiko...sorry my posts have been lacking. Been dealing with Hospital visit again and school finals. But yes a magic based PC that speaks Draconic is less of a surprise then a random Werewolf who speaks it lol. He did more of a mental note then anything, that also means he can speak with you in draconic and others wont know what is being said.

voidoblivion
12-09-2013, 04:47 PM
sorry about the delayed post. I have had the worst luck. one day no posts the next day pages worth before I can respond lol

Narayan
12-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Standing at 6'2", lean but heavily musclebound, Yorick stands every bit the imposing Ahuran warrior with long, shaggy, dark blonde hair and pale blue eyes (that also happen to be murky).

His strength and stamina are evident in his long steps and vice-like grip but his awkward scowl, shy voice and slave-brand on his neck also indicate he is not a man used to freedom.

He wears a chain shirt beneath his well-frayed travel cloak, with leather gloves over his strong hands, the better for wielding his favored net-and-trident. Over his head he wears a battered open-faced steel helm, which handicaps his hearing and field of vision in exchange for better protection.

Narayan
12-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Cael the half dwarf stands about 5'7", thickly built and heavier then a normal man six inches taller, wearing a carefully braided beard of thick curly brown hair hanging down against breastplate armor within an open faced metal helm. On his back he carries a great axe, with a dagger and a hand axe on his belt.

His typical demeanor looks none too friendly as his usual profession is that of a bouncer, but his brown eyes can soften in the company of friends as does his candor. Cael is normally the quiet type, content to observe and withhold his opinions when he doesn't feel the need to share. Yet it is not unusual for him to blurt out those opinions if his temper flares up, which happens rather frequently.

He is also the protective sort, which suites his usual profession but gets him into more trouble then he needs as he often finds himself fighting other people battles. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Cael in another life as a Cleric or a Paladin, were it not for his younger brother Caelim who definitely wouldn't qualify and so often needs Cael's help to keep him out of trouble.

Daydreaming
12-15-2013, 04:59 AM
Xiaolong then proceeded to an area where he could change without being seen (hide check => 14).

~Here I should be able to change in peace, hopefully...~
Dude omg! I totally saw you naked! Euw old man balls... EUW!!! They somehow remind me of freshly sheared sheep... :shocked:

Windstar
12-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Only you DL..............

Shun001
12-15-2013, 02:02 PM
lol deathlotus though you really should make a spot check something interesting may happen

voidoblivion
12-15-2013, 11:22 PM
lol.... not sure if deathlotus wants to make that spot check.

Shun001
12-16-2013, 01:57 AM
http://www.quotesworthrepeating.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Emperor-of-China.jpg Xiaolong's disguise

Daydreaming
12-16-2013, 02:43 AM
http://www.quotesworthrepeating.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Emperor-of-China.jpg Xiaolong's disguise
Mulan?! really? Awesome man... haha

Daydreaming
12-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Ah music how I love thee...
I am in love with this woman too haha...
Beats Antique <3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59gWtc3Jis)

rtcvb32
12-17-2013, 02:46 PM
(Wow I thought his description was larger on the sion page(s). Going to likely edit this a few times so don't pay too close attention to it.)

Sauel: Standing at 5"6 Sauel looks fairly plain, little facial hair beyond a goatee. Dressed in simple yet clean clothes that doesn't stand out at all.

Wolf Form: A bit larger than your typical wolf, he's Silver and gray, and looks similar enough to Rabi they could have been litter mates almost.

Hybrid Form: A large hulking form that hints it's nightmareish rumors. Sharp gleaming teeth and sharp eyes lock onto their prey.

Rabi: Rabi a gray wolf stands 3"6 tall.

Daydreaming
12-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Going to likely edit this a few times so don't pay too close attention to it.

Well, I am working on the description reference post at the moment so I will use this for now. If you want to add more later after it's been put in the thread just let narayan know and he will adjust it for you.

Daydreaming
12-18-2013, 04:10 AM
Xiaolong is a 61 year old Caishian man, stands 4'10" but is usually found slouching forward in an arch.

I was wondering if you could tell me what class your character is?

Daydreaming
12-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Tanarus I was wondering if you wouldn't mind writing out a description of Amaya's appearance, including: height, weight, eye color, hair color, clothing, etc. Any pictures you might have for examples would be nice of you to link to me as well, but they are not mandatory.

Also if you can provide a description of what Amaya looks like in her were-tiger form, that would be very helpful as well.

You can reply and post it to this ooc thread or you can send it to me in a private message on here too if you wish. This information will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to seeing your description.

Daydreaming
12-18-2013, 08:02 AM
slips into the carriage.

I just wanted to note that you are probably supposed to be getting into the bloodstained cart that is connected to the back of the carriage (where the chains and manacles are), not the carriage itself.

Thank you for giving me your character description earlier by the way. :D

Shun001
12-18-2013, 08:05 PM
lvl 4 monk for now maybe something more that is up for the party to discover

Narayan
12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Just FYI, I have linked the character/npc pages on obsidian portal to the appropriate character/npc names on the Start Here! thread... so feel free to go test the links to make sure they function.

Many thanks to deathlotus for working on the character/npc pages. She has earned herself 2 bonus character points. {appreciative clap}

Daydreaming
12-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Wererat with Spear: (Spot Check to notice Sauel pet Rabi, DC 17: = 22) Suddenly, the wererat standing by the cart with the spear notices Sauel move to pet Rabi and reacts! (Power Attack w/ spear against Sauel, flat footed AC is 14: = 14, Hit!)(Location: Right Eye)(Damage: = 23, Serious Damage!)

Sauel the wolf doesn't even see the attack coming as the wererat's spear stabs itself through his right eye!

[Sauel: You do have options to avoid taking the damage using character points. You can use 2 points to force me to re-roll the spot that noticed you petting Rabi, or, you can use 2 points to make me re-roll the attack roll.]

(Based on the scenario I'll spend 2 points to re-roll the spot check.)

Hahaha omg! I was like holy shit dude just lost an eye! That scared the crap out of me...

Oh and by the way if anyone wants to add information to their character on obsidian portal, or pictures or anything like that. Please let me know and I will update it for you. ;)

Narayan
12-28-2013, 04:03 PM
So recently it seems that I have had to correct a lot of misconceptions about the rules in this game, (both the standard rules and my house rules) so I wanted to make a few things clear to everyone.
__________________________________________________ __

Using Skills After You Roll Initiative

I've noticed that some of you believe skills like spot and listen are like free actions, they are not. Most skills used actively/intentionally/on purpose use either a move action, a standard action or even a full round action. But, we only care to keep track of that during a combat round after we roll initiative.

A good rule of thumb is that any skill used during a combat round (or after an initiative roll has been made) might use up an action so please read the skill description before you declare yourself using a skill for your turn.

It's different if I ask you to make a skill check during your round that you didn't declare yourself making. Those skill checks are considered to be passive or reactive skill checks, made so I can better determine if you succeed in your declared action or not, or perhaps need to alter that action.

For example, you might declare that you move from one point to another not realizing there's an assassin lurking around the next corner. I might ask you to make a spot and/or listen check to notice that assassin as part of your move, but neither, nor both, of those checks would prevent you from moving just because I asked you to make them. Make sense?

Usually I am pretty good about being aware of what you might be able to see or hear or smell so telling me that you are making those checks, because you think am trying to jip you out of situational awareness if you don't say so, really isn't necessary. If you do think your character should have a chance to make passive checks before I tell you to make them just ask me or say so and we can discuss it rationally.

Actions in a Round

In each round, you can take a move and do a standard action/attack or make an attack/standard action and then move. You may also use a swift action at any point on your turn, or make an immediate action before your turn (unless you are flat-footed), but that also uses up your swift action for the round. Free actions, like speaking up to a few sentences, ceasing concentration on a spell or a skill, dropping prone, or dropping an item you are holding, can be done at anytime but there are a limit to how many free actions you can do.

Full Round Actions/Full Attack Actions take up your move and your standard actions, but still allow you to take a 5-ft step if you haven't otherwise moved.

Early Action (House Rule)

My house rules already allow you to do an early move before your turn in initiative yes, but this early move isn't the same as a regular move. It costs more because it is being done before your turn. So, if you decide to move to cover and/or draw a weapon that uses your entire regular move for the rest of the round.

I have decided to expand this rule to include early skill checks, item use, and some minor spells. Please see House Rules > Actions on the obsidian portal wiki to read all the details.

I hope this clarifies a couple things, but please keep the discussion going or ask questions if you have any.

Daydreaming
12-28-2013, 04:49 PM
yeah, thanks man. That's why I tend to ask you first before posting just to make sure lol...

Daydreaming
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
(( 1D20+7 => 9#Arrow 1; 1D20+7 => 13#Arrow 2 ))

(Tumble: failed, Attack: 13 (miss)).

Olo's Guard #1:(Charge attack with Halberd: = 12, Miss)
Olo's Guard #3:(Attack Bugbear #3 with Halberd: = 11, Miss)
Purusartha: (Attack w/ Composite Longbow: = 14, Miss)(Attack w/ Composite Longbow: = 10, Miss)(Attack w/ Composite Longbow: = 9, Miss)

(Ki strike 50% chance to hit => 4, 16/ confirmed 1 hit bypass incorporeal/ Roll to hit AC 12 => 15 HIT/ roll for damage above damage reduction 7 => 1d8+4= 5 no damage bypass hardness 7)

Aww man, everyone on the good side keeps missing their attacks... :doh:

rtcvb32
01-05-2014, 02:16 PM
If this keeps up 1-2 rounds, then we are all doomed...

Narayan
01-07-2014, 03:14 AM
So after some thought, I've decided to alter character points and how they work. From now on, we will call them Build Points. They still work much the same as character points did, except you can no longer use them to influence rolls regarding NPC's. And if you want to pay the cost to give points to another PC, you can only do so during 'down time'.

There's a couple reasons for these changes. First of all, I don't want a PC to feel pressured to spend their own points saving someone else (Such as with Cael), or feel guilty if they didn't. It's a dangerous game, not everyone is likely to survive. PC's shouldn't lessen their odds spending points on NPC's.

Second, waiting to see if anyone wants to spend their points saving someone else lags the game. So during combat or another dangerous situation, it won't be possible to give away your points. That way, we can keep posting at the usual rate.

So that being said, consider all your current character points converted into build points. And just a note, try and keep those points listed on your myth-weavers sheets in the box marked as action points.

rtcvb32
01-07-2014, 08:06 AM
One can't help but want to keep everyone alive and well, even if they aren't your own character(s) specifically. Sometimes for a perfectionist you'd save a game before a difficult fight, then fight it over and over again reloading as needed until the outcome is within your expectations. Sometimes things just turn out badly, like with Cael; I certainly don't relish what direction things will go.

Shun001
01-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Decided to eat a BP because I had a horrendous attack roll after a + friggin 8 bonus (rolled a 3) too bad the reroll crit didnt confirm but im happy with an 8 damage hit, hopefully it counts for serious damage.

Shun001
01-08-2014, 10:02 PM
just an image of what Xiaolong would look like as a Hybrid, this can then be imagined further into a terrible demonic bull

http://www.deathd4dishonor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/minotaur.jpg

and an image of a similar looking person to Xiaolong

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20091107/001ec95974af0c5f4f3d17.jpg

young Xiaolong looked alot like Jet li

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-R8MSWJE7BCY/TYMuwc_UdZI/AAAAAAAADQU/_EcDvIaQ0KE/s1600/2011-03-18.jpg

and his fighting style inspiration is from wing chun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXOiqHOdLjs

voidoblivion
01-13-2014, 07:22 AM
we are doomed . WareCow on the loose.... MOOOO!!!!

Shun001
01-13-2014, 03:31 PM
we are doomed . WareCow on the loose.... MOOOO!!!!

Moooove biotch get out the way

voidoblivion
01-13-2014, 10:07 PM
i'm behind you so hopefully I am safe. but a warecow Kolbold would be funny

Daydreaming
01-14-2014, 06:53 AM
i'm behind you so hopefully I am safe. but a warecow Kolbold would be funny
LOL yeah! A little werebull running around the streets poking people in the butt with it's little horns hahaha...

voidoblivion
01-14-2014, 11:56 AM
lol a hairless scaley lizard looking bull that is 3ft tall in a midgets voice...Mooo grawerrrrr moo *poke poke*

Shun001
01-16-2014, 06:37 PM
little infectious horns turning people to more cows

voidoblivion
01-17-2014, 07:19 AM
lol yeah that would be funny. turn an entire village into warecows before a night is over. or in a few nights the entire city lol.

"Some hony little turd poked me and turned me into a cow"

Shun001
01-18-2014, 02:51 PM
back story updated for Xiaolong https://sion.obsidianportal.com/characters/xiaolong

Daydreaming
01-21-2014, 04:29 PM
After all the carnage is over with and the dead searched, He slips silently from under the wagon moving to climb into it back to his old position. He is running out of spells and all he can do for now is patch people up. Grabbing his medical gear the returns to the group looking to see who is in need of his medical care. While he looks over the people here he also listens to the conversations of those in the group.

~hmm Drow who control the bug bears. this is not good, why are there incursion into the rat kings territory, if I understand the areas correctly. Just means we must be on our guard even more.~

Moving to the most Injured of those here so he can properly care for there wounds. With a Prayer to Userrwroth he begins to care for them.
I see how it is Void... just ignore Emiko talking to you... lol

voidoblivion
01-24-2014, 06:22 AM
lol sorry I missed that post. *shakes head in shame*

rtcvb32
01-29-2014, 08:05 AM
I may be unavailable for the next 2 days or so. I'll try and post a reply when I can, depends on how busy or tired I am.

voidoblivion
01-31-2014, 06:56 AM
Yes Emiko I heard you speaking in Draconic and he is aware of it. But as I saw also in there response to Olo, speaking to my character was fine, others not of my race they tend to show disdain for.

Narayan
02-02-2014, 02:02 AM
Map of the Western Hemisphere of Sion I did on poster board... my phone camera won't take a picture of the whole thing at once... so I have to zoom in on each continent to bring out the detail. Next is the eastern hemisphere...

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_Parcea.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/Parcea.jpg.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_Chival.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/Chival.jpg.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_Mgorongoro.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/Mgorongoro.jpg.html)http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/crowsontheskulls/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/th_Gallia.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/crowsontheskulls/media/World%20of%20Sion/Maps/Gallia.jpg.html)

rtcvb32
02-02-2014, 02:08 AM
Looking pretty good...

Daydreaming
02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Fancy stuff man! Oh so damn fancy.... You deserve some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTTq-3lm6ck

voidoblivion
02-02-2014, 08:08 AM
awesome looks like fun

Shun001
02-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Xiaolong knows gnome in extension Jiao, but after reading Sauels comment im afraid we are going to see hilarity ensue.

BTW Xiao nor Jiao has mentioned he knows Gnome yet so a char interaction with the knowledge of him knowing wont be possible yet

rtcvb32
02-02-2014, 05:50 PM
A quick chuckle went past his muzzle as he thought of an old story of the three little pigs, and how Jaio would be perfect for the part. ~Open up little man, or I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll knock down your stupid little cottage into the lake!!~

Sorry :P It did come to me at the end of writing that post that I just tacked it on, curiously enough it's funny as hell to me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Jaio had the same amount of Patience, although so far him not attacking the Kobolds and wrapping his hoofs in cloth are proving he's a little more willing than Sauel's giving him credit for, but he hasn't known him for even an hour yet.

Daydreaming
02-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Was watching my niece's show with her the other day, and this reminded me of Jiao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tOtPERJ8r8

Shun001
02-04-2014, 02:39 AM
lols were had

Riderpride
02-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Finally found a way to post up on here, but only temporarily. Just so everyone is aware, my posting ability is pretty much shot for the next few days until Thursday/Friday this week, motherboard on my laptop died (thank goodness for next-business day service warranty).

voidoblivion
02-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I will post when I get home. i am currently at school and I do nt have my computer with me. Sorry about the delaid post.

Riderpride
02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Well, bad news, unfortunately, new board didn't fix the issues on my laptop, and will be down for another 3-4 days still. Rather than hold things up, as my personal life is now starting to fill up with other things that require my attention, I'm going to respectfully bow out of this game. Thanks to Narayan for giving me the opportunity to play, and to the rest of you for bringing me along on your adventures! Until then, take care, and happy hunting!

rtcvb32
02-07-2014, 06:07 PM
RiderPride> If you aren't too picky about a computer I know of a rather cheap piece of hardware you can use, will effectively act as a laptop and do everything you basically need, plus a lot of video playing power. Raspberry Pi, costs $30, $7 for the protective case if you don't end up doing anything special with it. Plug your ethernet, HDMI, mouse/keyboard in and your basic OS (SD card) and you're about ready to go...

A note, for power it uses a USB Micro (like phones and PS4 controllers use), a charger port will work but probably not a computer USB (needs .75 amp I think)

http://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-8gb-usd/model-b-8gb-sdcard-w-noobs-pre/dp/04X5042?MER=PPSO_N_C_EverywhereElse_None (This one includes a SD card preformatted so you don't have to worry about that stuff, as for the OS NOOBS includes like 5 distros, the recommended one will be a basic computer)

Daydreaming
02-08-2014, 03:14 AM
Well, bad news, unfortunately, new board didn't fix the issues on my laptop, and will be down for another 3-4 days still. Rather than hold things up, as my personal life is now starting to fill up with other things that require my attention, I'm going to respectfully bow out of this game. Thanks to Narayan for giving me the opportunity to play, and to the rest of you for bringing me along on your adventures! Until then, take care, and happy hunting!
Sorry to hear that man. I was looking forward to witty elf banter with you. :pout:

voidoblivion
02-11-2014, 06:57 AM
SOrry about the delayed post.

voidoblivion
02-11-2014, 06:23 PM
sorry about the flaming fur. but there is not much left to kill or worry about now. I missed the fact he was moving behind her. I thought he was going for Olo. lol oh well. Ive got healing spells for him no worries. He will regen also.

rtcvb32
02-11-2014, 10:53 PM
It's times like these where having a group discussion sometime is probably a good idea, where we specify the types of tactics we would generally do. I might rely more on summons if I had my spell slots filled (but we can't seem to rest long enough to do that...)...

voidoblivion
02-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Skype group or forum thread for combat is my suggestion. because at a table top you could talk before acting

rtcvb32
02-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Maybe... you can also post a short phrase of 'I'm going to fireball that area!' and it doesn't take any time. Some DM's have a limit of how many words counts as for free (I think a DM ruled 5-6 words). It's also possible the DM could allow you to interrupt me, such as: Cred seeing Sauel about to move behind the guards and the sorceress yells out 'No Don't enter that area yet!'

At which point my character could rethink or make new decisions based on what you said, including just holding off his action until Cred's turn.

edit:Besides this is based on what Sauel knows, if you didn't tell him and this was tabletop and I knew, he probably still would have acted that way. You shouldn't rely on Meta-Gaming.

Daydreaming
02-12-2014, 08:56 PM
In regards to your last post... Sauel probably heard what Emiko translated to Puru about what Sher'Reek was saying. So you should know that much at least. He wouldn't be completely lost in what happened.

rtcvb32
02-13-2014, 02:12 AM
He knows a little of what's going on, but most of it was still in draconic.

voidoblivion
02-13-2014, 10:17 AM
after we free our friend we can rest or I hope we can rest

rtcvb32
02-13-2014, 11:54 AM
since there's limited time I doubt there's time to rest until the rescue or no longer underground.

voidoblivion
02-13-2014, 12:39 PM
well after rescue we will hurry to not being under ground. we shall see what happens. for now lets save Olo and free our friend, then we will get free of the underground if anything next. so we can hopefully get some down time or a time jump for the down time.

rtcvb32
02-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Sauel's been needing downtime to restore his spells for hours, not to mention hopefully get over the poison that's making him weak as a puppy

voidoblivion
02-13-2014, 05:14 PM
well after the freeing our friend I will see if we can get to a safe location and at least get a nights rest.

rtcvb32
02-16-2014, 08:32 PM
He looks at the Item he had seen before in the stones and verifies it is still there.

Based on the distance we had to walk, that's like 600 ft away... probably outside your line of sight, especially darkvision... course detect magic might let you see it still...

Daydreaming
02-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Do we know the spacing between these grates? He asks as he smiles to himself. ~If the grates are properly spaced, I could fly in and free him, to return to our friends so we could escape quickly to a safe location.~

This may be easier then I first thought. If the grating his properly spaced I should be able to slip in, then I will get to our friends cage undetected. will then free him and return to the group so we can escape quickly with our friend. all through the might of Userwroth I will be able to fly undetected, and return him to the group quickly. The rest will guard our escape, the party with be safe and as a group we will return victorious.

Ok for one, Ghost said he had the gnome make some acid so we can melt the grates, therefore, we don't have to worry about their spacing since they will be melted away. Secondly, what if palenrian is still frozen in stone form? or even if he isn't how do you plan on carrying that heavy of a load while flying? How do you plan to get him out of his cage, and down to the grates to escape?

To me this seems like a situation where we need to work together. Maybe one of us can climb up while you fly up, and you can attach the rope to his cage so we can pull it to the platform. Melt the bars of the cage with acid to free him. Ghost and I can hold the rope while we lower palenrian down to the grates. While you can fly and make sure he is steady. Ghost and I can spiderwalk so we don't need the rope to get back down from the platform. Sauel and you can take care of getting palenrian through the grates at the bottom and escaping, while Ghost and I climb down and follow to do the same.

Let me know your thoughts on this guys? :D

rtcvb32
02-17-2014, 11:20 AM
I'll agree, the likely the spacing is small enough even a small (halfling or gnome) character couldn't get away, although if they were a were-rat they could become a size smaller when they shift (small to tiny) and that might have worked, but I doubt any of us qualify for that.

I had the impression from ghost's description of getting inside that likely the dungeon isn't where our target is going to be, they probably would want something a little warmer and with more weapons or tools on hand (although with their beaks there might not be a reason to need them). If it was as easy as just getting a prisoner from one of the cages I'm sure Ghost could have done that by himself and brought him to us. No, more likely we're all going up and inside.

So likely, acid on the bars so you can get through, someone spider climbs up and ties off a rope, then we all climb and advance.

Narayan
02-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Sorry, but I couldn't stomach the whole 'sharing body-heat' thing with Olo so I edited your post Sauel. He's a grown man... err halfling... and you are a werewolf that he doesn't know you that well so that sort of thing would make him uncomfortable. I know you meant well, but he would have politely refused your suggestion to warm him with your body heat or even to carry him to the cottage for that matter... but now that you are all safely within the cottage and he's seated by a fire, he should recover soon no worries.

Also, it may well be true that Palenrian isn't being held in the dungeon at this time... But that is the most likely place you would find him, because it's not just a room full of holding cells, it's also where they torture their captive and interrogate them for information. Ghost said as much. You can imagine how effective that would be for breaking down the morale of the other prisoners, when they are forced to hear the screams of their fellow prisoners all day long.

Of course, everything he said he knows about this tower isn't anything he's seen personally... so don't presume anything Ghost says is an actual fact.

I will post again later.

rtcvb32
02-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Sorry, but I couldn't stomach the whole 'sharing body-heat' thing with Olo

I wasn't sure if it was too much honestly, It just seemed like the most practical thing to do minus using magic. It's not like it's sexual or anything, quite often enough boundaries of what is decent and not decent go out the window at times in emergencies. Also in the pack mentality it wouldn't be uncommon to share a bed with someone you didn't know (course that's just sleeping, be it in human or animal form).

voidoblivion
02-17-2014, 10:15 PM
I am trying to get the team safely through this. even if he is in stone form I can still get him out of here and back to the party who then can help carry him. Ive got a few one hit wonder tricks up my sleeve like the fire ball, to help us save him. Now if the party really wants to go in and see how well we survive the vul, then I will willingly go with the flow and see how well all of us do. Let me know how you want to do it and we will go from there. Cred is just trying to keep the party as a whole safe. But its all good let me know and I will do what ever it is you all want.

Daydreaming
02-18-2014, 12:14 AM
I wasn't sure if it was too much honestly, It just seemed like the most practical thing to do minus using magic. It's not like it's sexual or anything, quite often enough boundaries of what is decent and not decent go out the window at times in emergencies. Also in the pack mentality it wouldn't be uncommon to share a bed with someone you didn't know (course that's just sleeping, be it in human or animal form).
I also thought it didn't fit the situation. Olo was already wrapped in my cloak and warming by a fire in a warm cottage. You were stripping him naked and trying to lay him on your bare chest lol. It seemed a bit over the top at the moment haha. I could see if maybe we had nothing to warm him with already, like no fire for example, but since we do, the skin on skin action wouldn't be needed.

Also I would be careful about dictating another person's actions for them. Like assuming he would let you carry him, or even let you undress him lol. It's best to state it like: Sauel attempts to carry Olo inside, or something like that. Wait for a response from the person playing Olo, and then continue your actions from there. I have to admit I usually ask Narayan before I make certain posts that could dictate actions of the NPCs, so I make sure they are appropriate. Of course not all of you guys might have time to talk to Narayan before making your posts, so that's understandable, but you can always just play it safe and make a neutral sort of post in the meantime and just edit it later after talking to him or something maybe. I just find it's safer to ask first before assuming. Don't get me wrong, though, my posts aren't always perfect either haha. I've had to edit mine plenty of times to stop myself from assuming certain things haha.

rtcvb32
02-18-2014, 04:46 AM
You were stripping him naked and trying to lay him on your bare chest lol.

Heat generally transfers better via touch, leaving someone in soaked clothing will hinder (or prevent) warming up properly for a while even IF you have a dry cloak on, it's actually probably soaked up unless it's magically enhanced somehow. A good portion of this assumes that we ARE still a rather low level group; So if we don't have access to magical solutions you go with a mundane ones. True I made assumptions in the post, but part of those were based on Olo might be in shock, or rather he's far more interested in warming up and NOT dying than he is caring if he got stripped naked by someone trying to administer first aid (plus when in shock you tend to block out everything for a while). I guess there are some actions that aren't needed in order for Olo to recover but there are a couple times I'm not sure how realistic we're going (or raw mechanics vs realistic since his core temperature likely dropped 10-20 degrees), or if resources are available that you can assume appropriate actions are carried out (given plenty of time).

Please correct me if I'm wrong?

As for a magical solution, I would have used a 2nd level spell endure elements which would have made him comfortable in a much larger temperature range (and lasts for hours) allowing him to get back on his feet sooner (even soaking wet). But honestly my spell options are limited since Sauel can't seem to get more than 40 minutes or rest at a time.

Daydreaming
02-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Heat generally transfers better via touch, leaving someone in soaked clothing will hinder (or prevent) warming up properly for a while even IF you have a dry cloak on, it's actually probably soaked up unless it's magically enhanced somehow. A good portion of this assumes that we ARE still a rather low level group; So if we don't have access to magical solutions you go with a mundane ones. True I made assumptions in the post, but part of those were based on Olo might be in shock, or rather he's far more interested in warming up and NOT dying than he is caring if he got stripped naked by someone trying to administer first aid (plus when in shock you tend to block out everything for a while). I guess there are some actions that aren't needed in order for Olo to recover but there are a couple times I'm not sure how realistic we're going (or raw mechanics vs realistic since his core temperature likely dropped 10-20 degrees), or if resources are available that you can assume appropriate actions are carried out (given plenty of time).

I know all this man haha I am trained in first aid in real life. You have to consider some things though. The water he was in was cold, but not so cold that there is ice forming. It's a bit different than pulling someone out of a frozen over lake into freezing air temperatures. Sure he is still cold, but my cloak and the warm cottage and fireplace helps enough. I can see, however, that when Narayan uses descriptive words like "icy" to explain that the water is still cold in the lake, it can be a bit dramatic.

In reality if you were in an underground locale that had large enough caverns to hold towns and fortresses and whatnot, you would have to be pretty deep underground, so that the ceiling would have enough depth, so as to not cave in. A subterranean zone like the one we are in currently would be equivalent to a deep mine. In deep mines the temperature tends to be hotter when you go further down, because you are closer to magma. The coldest it could possibly be in the area we are in (judging by the surface climate) would be about 55 degrees Fahrenheit, but most likely (judging by the time of year and our depth into the ground) the temperature of the air would be around 65 degrees. The water in the lake would most likely be about 55 degrees or so. People swim in that temperature of water all the time for sporting events, and only wearing a simple bathing suit (which is less than Olo's clothes). I think the reason Olo was at risk from the cold water at all was because he was caught off guard and quickly submerged. Once out of the water, though, he would be fine.

Me, personally, if it was written that Olo was near-death from the cold or if he fell unconscious or couldn't speak, then I would probably suggest carrying him inside and doing what you had written with the body heat and all. BUT Olo swam back out of the lake on his own and crawled out onto the beach on his own and was able to speak, so that tells me that his chill, although really cold, is not enough to continue harming him as long as he is introduced to something warmer, like a fire. If Olo was in shock from the cold he wouldn't be able to move to crawl out of the water or be able to speak. Mild hypothermia victims who show only symptoms of shivering and are capable of rational conversation may only require removal of wet clothes and replacement with dry clothes, or a blanket and heat source (which is similar to sitting by a fire and being wrapped in a cloak). Since Olo is conscious and aware I doubt he would want someone to strip his clothes off, and his clothes will warm up quickly from the heat of his body, my cloak, and the fire (even though they will still be wet, the wetness will be warm at least).

By the way I'm not writing any of this to make you get defensive or anything. I'm just sharing my thoughts with you on the situation that occurred, and why I thought the way that I did based on what was written about the environment and characters so far.

rtcvb32
02-18-2014, 08:11 AM
We're not that far underground, and yes we're not fogging the air with breathing so I can only guess how cold the water was, but there might have been salt in the water too so ice wouldn't form easily either. But I'll agree it's probably above freezing.

Olo after dragging himself out obviously barely made it, endurance, adrenaline and luck might have had a lot to play in it. The fact he was dragged under water for nearly two minutes, was moving constantly meaning a lot of heat was drained out of his body (and with limited oxygen). As for swimming events in 50 something degree water (which I'm not well versed on), you'd have to be rather warmed up and moving a lot to keep your body warm; Let's remember loose clothing hinders movement in the water (as well as soaks up a lot more water).

But it's obvious the case isn't nearly as life-threatening after he crawled out, so I guess we'll just drop it. Onto more wholesome activities, like planning brutal battles with the Vul...

rtcvb32
02-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Ghost in the Darkness: "How do you mean seal the entrance exactly?"

This is where major creation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/majorCreation.htm) could come in handy as you could use a crafting skill check, and if you succeed you basically drop all the time it takes to build something as though you built it (with materials). Brick walls, or stonework comes to mind which would; The description suggests the materials are temporary but I know there's another one that doesn't summon temporary materials (uses what's on hand so after it's shaped it's permanent). What was that one called...? True Creation (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:True_Creation)?

voidoblivion
02-19-2014, 01:35 AM
I am using some simple things with my innate skill for trap making to make the entrance very deadly.

Narayan
02-24-2014, 01:57 PM
So it seems like there's been some confusion and mis-communication lately between pc's. Simple misunderstandings are no reason to get upset with each other.

What I suggest is that you utilize the same means you communicate with me to communicate with each other. There's no harm asking each other questions right?

This is D&D, not some MMO. The best way to play D&D is for everyone to pay attention and communicate with each other as much as possible. We should cultivate more of a tabletop atmosphere for this game. Lets try and at least be friendly with each other and try harder to roleplay with other characters instead of beside other characters.

It would be good for the game if there was less bickering and more cooperation. It would also be great if I wasn't the only person responsible for telling someone there is an error in their post.

rtcvb32
02-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Part of the problem with us not being on the same page... If I'm contributing to the problem let me know, I kinda gave up in the planning part since I wasn't getting much feedback.

voidoblivion
02-24-2014, 06:17 PM
I missed some posts and I am sorry for that. For some reason my time is not meshing well with others. i will check and no one has posted then I will come back and find a new page having been posted, so Is kin read and try to catch up and that has been my mistake ... so I missed a few things. That has been corrected

Narayan
02-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks for doing that Cred, I'm sorry to be so blunt about things sometimes... but when the train starts to come off the rails it's better to be quick about getting it back on track.

Another way to look at my point about talking to each other more is this... Take actors for example... they know a lot about the other actors and the other characters in the show they are doing. But you wouldn't tell by watching their characters act. See what I mean?

It's ok to discuss your characters with your fellow players to give them an idea of what they're about. You don't have to give away all your secrets, but help them understand what sort of character you're playing. You could even discuss a conversation, or a 'scene', you want to have between your characters with that other player beforehand so they are better prepared to engage with you.

Be dramatic, have fun with it. Use your fellow players as a resource in the game, not just as someone else you have to deal with to get what you want.

Daydreaming
02-25-2014, 12:18 PM
I hope you guys know I wasn't trying to bicker or anything like that... I was just sharing what I thought about a situation, and trying to be helpful too. What planning stuff were you referring to rtcvb32? I try to give you feedback when I can. I also try to make sure to interact with you guys as much as I can too. My character is sort of still offended by Sauel patting her on the head, but I'm sure she'll get over it after a bit haha. It's only been a few hours since she met Sauel, and not even a whole day knowing Cred either. She is a bit unsure about everyone and the situation still lol.

Shun001
02-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Its everybody's favorite crazy Asian old fart back on the scene! now with 98% less cloths!

Daydreaming
02-26-2014, 11:01 AM
euuuuwwww saggy old man boobs....

Shun001
03-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Xiaolong's new Han fu clothing (http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z287/wanderingapricot/Scifi/hanfu.jpg)

Narayan
03-09-2014, 03:49 AM
I decided to remove Tanarus from the game. His character wasn't really getting anywhere and his posts were becoming too sporadic.

Ya'll should feel free to reach out and do some recruiting too btw... 1 character point for a potential player you refer who contacts me to make a character, and an additional 2 character points if they actually make a character and join! How does that sound?

rtcvb32
03-09-2014, 03:58 AM
Sounds like we're having trouble keeping players... this last week I've had trouble wanting to post at all, thankfully there isn't much for me to post. Hmmm...

Narayan
03-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Sounds like we're having trouble keeping players... this last week I've had trouble wanting to post at all, thankfully there isn't much for me to post. Hmmm...

And why is that? Share your thoughts with us. I think loosing Arminas as a pc was a bigger loss. His character is pretty good, it's a pity he's only an NPC now. Having more players doesn't mean much if they aren't posting on a regular basis or thinking seriously about their characters or the game.

But I have another idea... if some of you feel like a change would be refreshing, I'm open to running solo side-games. So while you are waiting for posts for the main group, you could post for another character on the side and enjoy a faster pace.

rtcvb32
03-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I think loosing Arminas as a pc was a bigger loss. His character is pretty good, it's a pity he's only an NPC now. Having more players doesn't mean much if they aren't posting on a regular basis or thinking seriously about their characters or the game.

Agreed. Sometimes life gets in the way, maybe this is finding out to be a poor medium for table-top where within a minute you can get a definitive answer if someone intends to do something. Doesn't help we're in a very linear section which is pretty much Get from A to B, get C and return to A again. No exploration, no big openings for Roleplaying or interaction. Sauel is acting almost more of personal duty right now, although he's exhausted and his magic is depleted, his regeneration is probably the only thing keeping him going until he heals up from the poison that's giving him -4 to his strength making him almost sub-par as a fighting character. With the game already going 6 months or so and it's still the first day (in game time), this feels almost like a permanent disability right now.

But I have another idea... if some of you feel like a change would be refreshing, I'm open to running solo side-games. So while you are waiting for posts for the main group, you could post for another character on the side and enjoy a faster pace.

Solo side games? Good idea, decide several tasks that need to be done that one person can do (go investigate this area, get this item, deliver a message, etc) which happens either before or after this little adventure, then you can have the characters play them off and have more one-on-one and fast firing RPing. It would be good for back stories or side missions that don't require large groups, building different parts of the world, etc.

Bad idea if you intend us to pick up the roles of the other now-NPC's, mostly because I don't know if I'd want to pick up the role of someone for a few posts unless I really feel I can get into their character. Honestly I feel a bit ragged and stretched, and maybe this campaign is stretching my mental Patience thin (no fault of yours).

Narayan
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Agreed. Sometimes life gets in the way, maybe this is finding out to be a poor medium for table-top where within a minute you can get a definitive answer if someone intends to do something. Doesn't help we're in a very linear section which is pretty much Get from A to B, get C and return to A again. No exploration, no big openings for Roleplaying or interaction.

Eh, I can see how it feels like that lately... but I don't intend for the game to always feel like you are in a rush with no time to spare. If Palenrian wasn't captured, you would have had a chance to rest and recuperate by now.

After this next scene is done, I want to jump ahead a bit in time... give you time to practice skills, garner knowledge, do some errands, and rp more with each other.

Solo side games? Good idea, decide several tasks that need to be done that one person can do (go investigate this area, get this item, deliver a message, etc) which happens either before or after this little adventure, then you can have the characters play them off and have more one-on-one and fast firing RPing. It would be good for back stories or side missions that don't require large groups, building different parts of the world, etc

Yes that's more or less what I had in mind. It will be interesting to think up new characters that are contributing to the goals of the main group when the main group is so newly formed. It's more likely that they would know the NPC's that are helping you. Like Thiara, Purusartha or Wrusk for instance... and by helping them they are also helping you. Know what I mean?

Daydreaming
03-09-2014, 06:09 PM
sunday-wednesday 11am-5pm I am available for any chat and/or skype run games for this game too. Any time between those days and those times is ok if you let me know when to be on.

voidoblivion
03-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Eh, I can see how it feels like that lately... but I don't intend for the game to always feel like you are in a rush with no time to spare. If Palenrian wasn't captured, you would have had a chance to rest and recuperate by now.

After this next scene is done, I want to jump ahead a bit in time... give you time to practice skills, garner knowledge, do some errands, and rp more with each other.

I look forward to the time jump that should happen soon.

I would be interested in this also. That means I could make a more social character. Also what game system would it be?

rtcvb32
03-09-2014, 06:39 PM

That will really depend on if anything important needs to be done during the full moon... When they finish this mission it's 1 day from the full moon. Who knows maybe all the lycanthropes can ignore any politics this time around, or maybe a lot of low-profile RPing where there isn't fighting... Or maybe that whole section will be ignored/skipped and we'll have fragment memories of things we did (like eating squirrels)...

Daydreaming
03-13-2014, 09:02 PM
.... he finishes counting. (how many are in the party?) "I think it would be wise to go over one more time really quickly what the plan is so everyone is clear on what we are doing."
Our lizard friend seems to have smoked too much weed...:hat:

rtcvb32
03-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Sher' Reek: Steps over to Crdechzkragar speaking to him in a confidential tone. {Speaks in Draconic} "Crdechzkaragar, let me go up with you! I want to remain by your side and away from these... animals..." She says glancing at Sauel and Xiaolong.

Funny she should be going to Cred for protection when Cred was the least sympathetic and caring about her before. But it's in our nature to trust our own species quicker than something you despise.

Although true at the moment Sauel does look like an animal... But it's hardly like he's going to attack her while Cred's back is turned. Hmmm... I wonder if I'm miffed or not, now I'm confused about myself, stupid energy drink...

A thought does come to mind, if she is willing to break her oath then the scroll of non-detection would allow her to escape for a while. But that's just a side note, not that she is in any better company among ghouls or the Vul...

Zemile
03-17-2014, 02:52 AM
Hello everyone,

I go by many names, but I'm using Zemile here, so we'll just stick with that. Narayan suggested I post here to introduce myself. I've been playing DND about 23 years now, starting with 1st edition and switching to each new one as it came out, or before. While this does mean I have played 4th and 5th editions, it does not mean I prefer them. 5th is still uncertain, but so far 3.5 is my preferred DND version, which I imagine I do not need to explain in detail here. I have played pathfinder and plenty of other d20 games. I have also played dozens of other completely different game systems over the years, though d20 pushed a lot of the other stuff to the wayside. Those that remain are mostly (old) World of Darkness and Warhammer 40k.

When I say play, I mean a mix of playing and running games. I've just started running my first game in a few years(local tabletop Stargate based on Spycraft d20), which marks my return from a break in running games. Before the break I was running games without skipping more than a week or two intermittently for 17 years. I am a very patient person and I enjoy a good OOC side-chatter conversation as much as anyone, but I also like to keep the game flowing. This being a forum game, I imagine it moves pretty slowly, though the aforementioned one day in 6 months seems a little excessive. Narayan seems to be of a good sort, and I am looking forward to getting to know the other players.

I imagine I needn't say this, but feel free to ask me any questions. I will answer the relevant ones as best I can.

Daydreaming
03-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome man! I look forward to having you in the game. Yeah one day in 6 months is a bit rough, but I still find the story awesome and fun to keep going. Also a lot has happened in this one day so far lol. Many have died and many fights have taken place lol.

rtcvb32
03-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Also a lot has happened in this one day so far lol. Many have died and many fights have taken place lol.

A little dense for one day, all things considered. I started at level 2 I think, and gained at least 2 levels. A little too fast for leveling if you consider the time frame (but not the difficulty), otherwise it could almost be like Goku and Gohan when they went into that room for 6 hours and came out 4 months older and much stronger... But not quite that extreme.

Zemile
03-18-2014, 12:04 AM
A little dense for one day, all things considered. I started at level 2 I think, and gained at least 2 levels. A little too fast for leveling if you consider the time frame (but not the difficulty), otherwise it could almost be like Goku and Gohan when they went into that room for 6 hours and came out 4 months older and much stronger... But not quite that extreme.

Except you went into a room for 6 months and came out 1 day older and much stronger.

shadovar
03-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Hey yall I be back

Daydreaming
03-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Announcement: Narayan will be away from the internet for a few days possibly (might be back sooner), and unable to post or contact others. If you need help with stuff feel free to contact me and I can ask him. He is out in the middle of nowhere at his brother's working on his car, so he has to contact me from his brother's phone, and his brother doesn't have internet and there is no free wifi nearby. Again feel free to post on here or PM me in private for any questions. Thank you for your time everyone.

Narayan
03-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Announcement: I'm back, thanks for giving everyone the message for me Daydreaming.

Hillsy
03-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Hey guys

Well looks like I might be joining you lot here soonish - wondering if anyone can give me a brief recap on what's happening? I'm reading back through the posts at the moment but there are a hell of a lot of them.....also what's the active player breakdown at the moment? I'm skimmed the last few posts and I see Sauel, emiko Xaiolong and Cred are in play....anymore I've not caught up on yet?

Also any preference of classes or anything or do I have carte blanche? I've got a loose idea for a character concept and class (fighter) but obviously if there's anything else I can add I'll look into it

Shun001
03-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Hello Hillsy! im the player for Xiaolong and a friend of Narayan IRL, and the only thing i can say currently is create a colorful character regardless of class. This game is built atop great interactions, we can work out the party balance issues as they come but as it stands we more or less have 2 PC casters and 2 PC martials (in the main party)

BTW I love fighters because of their sheer versatility so making one really just opens the door for you to really plays as you want.

Daydreaming
03-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Our characters have taken on the cause of our fallen prince comrade to overthrow the vul. One of our friends was captured by the vul when the vul interrupted a skirmish between an evil were rat *****, her posse, and some of our lycanthrope party members. We are breaking into the vul dungeons from down in the undercity to free him.

Our party is pretty balanced class wise so far. I would just say make what you want man, just make sure it's not some over-powered crap. Some interesting back story and personality would be cool too.

Hillsy
03-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Ha ha. My 3.5 is pretty rusty so the only way I could make anything overpowered is entirely by accident. I'm statting for character anyway; my fighters intelligence is almost as high as his strength, and well over constitution.

I'm hoping to finish the character intro today so I can get up and running....got a bit out hand though....I'm on 2000 words!

rtcvb32
03-28-2014, 06:12 AM
Overpowered usually is in one aspect vs another. Some builds rely heavily on feats that give you access to monster feats for example (qualifying as an outsider). But mostly it's that they usually are meant as battle beasts, however if you can only fight and can't do any type of roleplaying or tasks not related to melee. Besides with Vul and that Vul Dragon, I doubt anything we make could fight that thing off eaily.

Hillsy
03-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey RT,

Well I've specced my character more for RP than for combat - it kinda helps that in 3.5e overpowering characters gets mental from what I remember.....you need about 3 classes in about 14 things and so on...=0)

Anyway Guys I've posted me intro.....and I SWEAR the rest of my posts wont be as long...lol

voidoblivion
03-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Welcome and wow what an intro. well written.

I play your local Kolbold healer that is helping the team with the goal of saving a friend currently. but in saving this friend we will save the team, because the information said friend has on the team would get us all killed once the Vul are finished with him.

voidoblivion
04-01-2014, 01:59 AM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Listen_Skill
Using this page a a quick reference to skill checks.
Just curious what was the DC for Emikos listen check considering it was a shout down towards her?

rtcvb32
04-01-2014, 06:34 AM
Since it's people talking (shouting really), not through a wall or anything DC is probably 0 or automatic. However if the hornets are making enough noise to interfere with him you might be able to figure out why he told you to stay even if you couldn't understand him. Sorta one or the other. At worst the DC for him shouting is 5 or less, and that's probably automatic success. But that's my thoughts and random ramblings on it.

voidoblivion
04-01-2014, 07:08 AM
i was not sure, I understand why the Vul had a higher DC with the moaning and other stuff going on up top with them. ..I am just trying to help EMiko dont want to see her hurt. But I know IC she does not want to see another friend lost so she would press forward anyhow.

But after talking to the diety in the sky I found out why and the DC. yeah ouch she fail...so sorry.... *hands her a can of bug spray*

rtcvb32
04-01-2014, 03:26 PM
i was not sure, I understand why the Vul had a higher DC with the moaning and other stuff going on up top with them.

Probably distance... Where Ekimo isn't that far away (and inside a tunnel that probably reverberates, contains the sound) the Vul could be 200+ feet away, but I'm just guessing I don't have all the facts. Maybe my brain will wake up next week and I'll be more involved.

voidoblivion
04-04-2014, 07:14 AM
either way no worries. we get to have fun dealing with the nasty bugs and gaurds

Daydreaming
04-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Lol you know Cred.... You were supposed to wait for Ghost's signal before entering... We might of been able to avoid the bugs possibly lol

voidoblivion
04-17-2014, 06:27 AM
lol well kill the bugs lol. Yes I realized that after I entered...oh well such is life, we make mistakes lol

Narayan
04-19-2014, 02:32 AM
So I have decided not to hold up Xiaolong and the others on the rope below by the number of rounds it took to climb the rope. It may technically be the way the rules are supposed to work, but I also think some dramatic license is appropriate sometimes. I do predict that everyone will put some ranks in climb after this though lol.

rtcvb32
04-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Unless there's a time limit or it's especially difficult, usually succeeding in something like that could be automatic. You don't make a programmer in Shadowrun roll his skill every time he does his job when he's at work, it's reserved for more stressful moments. Now if the walls were slick, the rope was slick, it was windy and people were throwing rocks and shooting arrows, then stress would make you have to roll for sure :P

But yes having a few extra ranks in a misc skill can't be bad, but it feels like unless you put at least 5 into something then likely it's almost a waste of time. Thankfully with CP's you can add to your skill if you aren't actively needing it but you think you need it soon.

On a side note for some slight realism, during everyone's off time I would recommend you learn and memorize 5-10 general purpose knots. The basic knot adds stress and weakens the rope to 40% it's original strength, while there are better knots for joining ropes together, climbing, towing, self tightening knots, etc. These would be good for real life as well as for roleplaying (as I'm sure if you describe the knot you're using and testing you'll get a bonus, probably +2 but adds to the moment).

While on here I want to apologize to everyone for not being nearly as active as I'd have liked to be, my brain just wasn't in it. I think adding some Vitamin B to my daily routine has helped quite a bit. Once the scene returns to something more normal from what it is, I'll likely be more active as usual.

voidoblivion
04-19-2014, 07:05 PM
No worries, I am glad the game is still ongoing.

Daydreaming
04-29-2014, 02:03 AM
!Announcement!

We've decided to change the formatting so -this- replaces {this} for declaring languages. Just so everyone knows. ;)

Narayan
04-30-2014, 06:52 PM
I have now made a distinction for Early Move Actions and Early Defensive Fighting. You can now use Combat Expertise, Defensive Fighting or either form of Parrying early, and still hold your move action for later in the round to move and make attacks if you wish.

Thanks to Hillsy for helping me form this idea in my head.