PDA

View Full Version : Sedivore

EpicSpire
07-11-2013, 08:00 PM
This is an Alpha/Play test of a home-brew game system in a fully designed Setting.
Please get with me so we can create your Character.

The Story is open ended and player driven. The world is alive and fluid. My campaign is developed with multiple plot points that can change and be altered by the actions of the players (intentional or not). The Characters begin play as initiates in a guild of their choice, and can progress through the guild to earn fame and fortune through completing guild tasks, missions, quests.. whatever you want to call them.

As a Guild member you are considered a noble. as an Initiate you are a lesser noble, but still a noble in some respects. The Guilds run the region/country they are in and are very territorial on their rights and duties. Skills (at higher ranks) and techniques are hard to learn outside of the guilds that "control" them. Casting spells is almost unheard of if you are not a member of one of the 6 temples or from the Arcane Academy. Even the Temples are restricted to spells related to the Sphere their Deity governs.

Some Guilds train in weapons and armor, others in tracking and survival. Most guilds are in place due to the setting and may not be suitable for PCs, but they are not restricted.. these are guilds that are just less "Adventurous", and there Guild Skills might not be pleasing for a Player to dedicate themselves to.

As of now, being a Magic user and guild member is free. I intend on having these perks cost build points at a later date, but have not set up any sort of point system for it yet.

If you do not wish to be a Magic User, then let me know and we can work something out, so your character won't be under powered too much.

I strongly suggest that each player choose a guild, but i won't force you to.. you will not be reimbursed for the points a guild would cost, and you will not receive any benefits of Guild Membership.. meaning no skills will begin above 3, and you will start with less money.
The system may be in testing, but the story and campaign setting is not (they are fully developed).

The game will still continue even after the kinks/bugs are worked out of the mechanics.

Feel free to discuss game mechanics and give me feedback, suggestions and any other form of help you can.

We will be using the following programs to play:

Maptools (MapTool Version: 1.3.b87) (http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#MapTool)
Ventrilo (http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php) Use the Client that best suits your system

login IPs and Passwords will be given out after everyone confirms they have got the programs. Please get these programs in advance, in case you need help setting them up.

Post Here or PM me if you want to learn more about the game. I am also on skype. I will answer any and all questions related to my game and campaign. I am open to creative character concepts as well, i believe it may help me flesh out my game system and the mechanics, if i have creative people willing to work with me on their concepts.

UPDATE: July 23rd 2013:

The game is loosely based off of the Shadowrun 4 and nWoD mechanics. It is Stat + Skill, d10 based. The reason I have decided to go with my own system instead of using these games is because i feel that my world benefits from the custom magic system, and the organization of skills based in a fantasy setting.

The Stats and derived stats that are based on the stats are also customized.

Combat and skill use is very similar to SR4 and nWoD. roll Stat + Skill. 1 success is almost always good enough - an opposed roll is one exception to that. some tasks require multiple successes in order to achieve the goal, but each success does indicate progression in the task, so multiple rolls may be required per turn/minute/hour..etc.

My system always has what i call Skill Perks. They are still in development as of now, and players are welcome to share their opinions in the creation process.

Skill perks work like Feats in DnD. A certain skill rank is required for each Perk, and some will also need other Perks as a prerequisite. The player would spend his/her xp on these perks if they desired.

Perks would include:

Specializing in a weapon: With 3 ranks in a weapon skill, such as Long One-handed, The character could purchase this Perk to receive an extra 2 d10 when using a specific type of weapon in that category.

Riposte: With 3 Ranks in the Shield Skill and possibly a weapon specialization perk, the character could make an additional attack with his chosen weapon after he successfully blocks an attack. extra successes from the Shield Task roll with be the number of successes the defender must have in order to dodge/block the attack. There may be a dice pool penalty if the player chooses to riposte, but we can work that out through play, if need be.

All Spells are considered a type of Skill Perk. Spells are based off of the Supernatural skills called Sphere and Influences. each Sphere and each Influence are separate skills and each spell will need at least 1 Sphere and 1 Influence. A spell list is being made, but i encourage players of Magic user to use their imagination and tell me what they would like certain spells to do. I will then build a spell based on my mechanic.

There are 4 Categories for the Stats: Body, Mind, Charisma, and Supernatural. Each category has 3 Stats.

each of the three stats either dictate the character's Might, Tact, or Vitality in that specific Category, for example: Strength is your Character's Physical (Body) Might, Insight is the Mental (Mind) Tact, Confidence is Social (Charisma) Vitality.

The only race allowed by players at this time is Human.

There are no classes, but the society is Guild based. If you have a specific "Class" in mind, i can help you choose the right guild that best suits your character.

Skills are trained and regulated by the Guilds. no skill can be above 3 at character creation unless you are in a guild, and then only the Guild Skills for that guild.

Starting wealth is based on the skills you have. Guilds have 2 lists for Skills. Guild Skills and Paid Skills. All of a guilds Guild Skills are also on its Paid Skill list. Paid Skills pay more per rank than non-Paid Skills. all skills earn the player starting wealth.

We are currently still seeking 1-3 more players.

EternalShadow
07-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I am interested. Could you please send me some info about the game system - classes/races available, traits of the setting (time period, etc) and what time you normally play?
Thanks!
~ES

Kwahani
07-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey,im a relatively new player to table tops but i am looking for people who are willing to put up with my inexperience. If you would not mind teaching me about your system and game i would gladly join up. Ill pm you other ways of contacting other than this website if you wish.

EpicSpire
07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey,im a relatively new player to table tops but i am looking for people who are willing to put up with my inexperience. If you would not mind teaching me about your system and game i would gladly join up. Ill pm you other ways of contacting other than this website if you wish.

A PM would be nice, i am perfectly fine with a new player, every one technically would be a new player to my system, so there isn't any real issues.

I'd be happy to help you learn the system, and you can give me fresh eye feed back on what aspects of the systems is confusing for beginners.

I am also on Skype (epicspire), so feel free to contact me there, or PM me on this site. I'm also fine with having other contact information.

Funkmaster Rick
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I might be interested, have sent you a PM.

EpicSpire
08-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the PM, Funkmaster

We are still looking for more player's

EpicSpire
12-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Update:

We are looking for players once again. The Rule System has evolved a bit, but is still in Alpha test mode. If you are interested either PM me or hit me up on Skype (EpicSpire).