PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Dreamscarred Press) Psionics Unleashed

Vyrolakos
07-02-2013, 12:59 PM
After a discussion in another thread (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/27424-Pathfinder-Books?p=183308&highlight=#post183308), nijnenko pointed me in the direction of Psionics Unleashed, which I duly ordered.

Well, it arrived, and I must say it's a pretty cool book, but boy, is it crunchy. It kind of reminds me of the Spell Law rule book from the RoleMaster RPG.

I haven't had a chance to do a deep comparison with my copy of the D&D Expanded Psionics Handbook yet, but first impressions are that it's very professionally put together and that Dreamscarred Press were determined to get as much content into the 228 pages of this book as possible. It's absolutely jam packed.

I'm not too sure about two of the new races (Dromite and Ophiduan), but even just browsing through the rest of the book has given me all sorts of ideas. :)

Anyone else making use of Psionics Unleashed?

nijineko
07-02-2013, 01:44 PM
dromites are from the EPH, iirc. though i do not use it myself due to certain oddities, they do pretty good work and are well regarded in the various communities that make use of psionics.

Vyrolakos
07-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Yep, EPH. I've just go so used to not allowing 'weird' aliens into my games I hadn't really registered them before.

Must reread the Dromite entry again. :)

nijineko
07-03-2013, 09:39 AM
another insectoid-based race. personally, i was happy to see the return of the star frontiers races in d20 future. i've decided that sometime i will be playing one or more star frontiers characters via d20 future in a d&d setting, just for fun. maybe a take on the whole "aliens exploring a 'primitive' planet only to discover crazy stuff but must keep their origin secret" schtick. should be a new and interesting twist on the roleplaying aspects.