PDA

View Full Version : New-ish Gamer

Robert Schumacher
06-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Hello all. I'm a relativity new RPer. I have only been rolling dice sine 08. I'm looking to add players to my usual Sunday game. It fell apart when one player left for Texas. It runs on Sundays from 4-8pm. I also play different board and card games. My favorite system is GURPs, but I know how to play with D&D (3-3.5) and Shadowrun. Also I'm setting up for a massive Dungeon Crawl around my birthday but that's not til November, and I will be using a mostly Gurps system, but would like some help to find resources to manage it.

nijineko
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
welcome! we hope you find more game and gamers here. =D

Ceo_Druidechta
06-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Welcome aboard! What sort of help did you need? I know a little about GURPS, so I might be able to give you a pointer or two.

nijineko
06-17-2013, 10:19 AM
i might be able to help out, i have an affiliation with SJG anyhow, and have played gurps a fair amount in the past.

Robert Schumacher
06-20-2013, 01:18 AM
I've been using GURPS since 08 so I'm rather familiar with it. Like I said it will be modded GURPS game. Mostly I would be looking for easy ways to build a large group of monsters and access it quickly without needing a dozen notebooks or large spred sheet system. Plus I'm going to be using my growing collection of miniatures and a large number of them aren't from RPG sources. So there isn't a quick way to convert it from Pathfinders to Gurps.

Ceo_Druidechta
06-20-2013, 04:51 AM
I've been using GURPS since 08 so I'm rather familiar with it. Like I said it will be modded GURPS game. Mostly I would be looking for easy ways to build a large group of monsters and access it quickly without needing a dozen notebooks or large spred sheet system. Plus I'm going to be using my growing collection of miniatures and a large number of them aren't from RPG sources. So there isn't a quick way to convert it from Pathfinders to Gurps.

I've never needed to track that much info for a game, so I don't have any ideas there. I've never needed more than Coggle (https://coggle.it/) and Word documents for my gaming projects.

You are familiar with GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, right? Just making sure.

nijineko
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
just strip the stats down using gurps lite as a measuring stick. when done, you should only need one line item per unique creature.