PDA

View Full Version : Classic Middle Earth High Fantasy

Lakes_region_gamer
06-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Greetings Tolkien fans!

I have been fortunate to find not only a good number of the core rule books, but also a few adventure modules for Rolemaster and MERP. For those of you unfamiliar with the system it is a great crunchy, flexible, character development rich rule set. Character design and uniqueness are really (surprisingly) unlimited <insert standard GM speech about employing common sense here>. Spell casters have a fantastic number of spell lists and spell available to them.... I mean 100's... no kidding. Fighter types have a great range of combat techniques and ways to tune their fighters for top performance. There are classic thieves with all of the expected thief abilities in addition to some new twists. There are also hybrid thief/fighters and thief/mages. There are many varieties of pure spell caster from 3 different realms of power and of course fighter/magic user hybrids such as rangers and paladins. There are tremendous magic items and its an awesome backdrop for questing.

The campaign is a first level starter which will build to epic/legendary adventures. Please note that even though the setting is Middle-Earth the campaign will not be following the books. There are many heroes in every age and many tales of legendary feats.

Please note that this is not an online campaign. I know that excludes a lot of really top notch gamers, but having run this system for many years I feel that if it isn't done around the table it just loses something in the translation.

If you are interested and would like to know more please respond to this post or contact me directly at fate.of.arnor@gmail.com.