PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all from Alaska!

Dragongirl
06-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Greetings gamers! My name is Alisa and I go by "Dragongirl" here on the forums, thanks to my longtime love for the great beasts. I've been living in Anchorage, Alaska since January 2006 (in the Air Force) and I play a variety of games. I enjoy some of the Steve Jackson games, many RPGs (see my profile info) and also miniature games including Confrontation, Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you soon!:D

PhishStyx
06-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm not entirely sure why, but the Google map in your profile shows you as being off the coast of Africa!

Are there a lot of gamers in your area? If not, are you potentially interested in a chat game?

Skunkape
06-19-2007, 06:22 AM
Greetings from the warm south!:D

I've always thought of visiting Alaska, but not really wanting to live there, way to cold for me! How long are you posted there? Here's hoping you find some other gamers in your area, or manage to get involved with some chat gaming.

Have you thought about trying something like NeverWinter Nights? I've considered running a game a few times using it, but it takes a lot of time to develope modules. Still, quite a few people are building persistant worlds and/or run regular games with it.

Sure it's not the same as face to face, but it's much better than being part of an MMO, cuz with NWN, your character can actually be involved in the world more.

Hope you enjoy your visits to P&P Games.

Wikrin
06-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Hello, other person in Alaska. I was born here... :( Nice views, but NOTHING to do. Seriously.