PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Campaign, roll20 virtual tabletop

Rezelbethef
05-11-2013, 12:00 PM
The Onta’Keya Gaming Guild is starting a new campaign and looking for a few players to play Pathfinder (PF).The campaign will be home-brewed and open sandbox; as the DM, I'llpresent opportunities and setting, but the direction of the game willultimately be up to the players. Want to play evil characters, fine. Want to be good guys or a gang of self-serving thieves, great. In the end, it’s the players’ circus and I’mthe ring master.
As of now, the game is comprisedof one dedicated player and myself. Weare fairly new to PF, but played AD&D back in the 80-90s. Expect babysteps as we wrestle with rules questions/issues. PF is very rule heavyand we'll learn as we go.
We also would like to get folkswho are dedicated, friendly, helpful players who are not rules lawyers, jerks,or other unsavory types. New players - both to PF or RPGs all together -are great as long as you are willing to learn; a bit of hand holding isexpected! We play every Friday evening at 6pm (central) and will rununtil 11 or until a convenient break point in game play. We useMumble as voice com, so a microphone is necessary!
Also, role playing is veryimportant in some games, but not so much in ours. We don't expect thedwarves to talk in Scottish accents and the gnomes to soundlike leprechauns, but if you want to talk like that, we will not object. I do expect you to role play when you interact with NPCs when theoccasion arises - role play occurs around 45.8% of the time & is arough/made up/out of my ass percent. Talk between players does not have to be role play either.
We will limit races/classes tothe core book for now.
The first game session will be tomeet one another, go over expectations, house rules as well as go overcharacters/finalize characters or other admin stuff. If we have time, we could even start thecampaign!
If interested, please respondwith an introduction of yourself and experience if any. Thanks and happy gaming!:)
DM

Fingersniffer
05-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Hello, I have been looking for some way to fill my gaming itch and I think an online presence will do nicely between my table gaming. I am a family man of four and am currently attending college (graduation within a month) and I have been looking for a way to game more and build more experience. I played PnP D&D in my youth and got away from it for a while and have recently rejoined rpg gaming in the Pathfinder series. I have most, if not all the available materials for the game and I am looking for a group to play with once or twice a week. Feel free to message me for a time to meet up and talk.

Adrian
05-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Hey, I saw this and it seems to fit my needs perfectly!
I wana do something different. I've played a bit of dual wielding rogue, but now I want to do a sword and board rogue (It's amazing how lenient the non proficiency rules for armor are). It's still in a completely theoretical phase, but I'm hoping to do a crit based rogue with a rapier. I have a fare bit of experience from different GM across several systems. While I like roleplay between characters, I do my best work in combat just sticking to the rules. I'm expecting this build to be a hardy front liner that has a hand capable of being everywhere.

Catsplosion
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Hey, I'm a fairly experienced pathfinder, I was hoping you had room in you're group for an upbeat adventurous who enjoys support roles. I work full time in a brewery during the summer so I can afford to do 7 pm est to around 3 am on any given day of the week if that's alright but I have all Sundays off. I have an extremely good understanding of the rules and enjoy learning new things as well as puzzles solving and strategic thinking. I look forward to hearing from you.

Leaite
06-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi there. I'm interested in joining a PF game, and yours sounds like a fun time. I've got experience with both 3.5 and PF, so I'd be able to help your group along if that was needed. I'm up for any questions you may have, just send me a message.

Fingersniffer
06-07-2013, 02:00 AM
This is a dead thread, the OP never responded and it's been almost 2 months.