PDA

View Full Version : What alignment would you make this pc as a dm? And or irl for guessing purposes?

bbjammers
05-10-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't really trust anyone or anything at all because they all tend to oppress my freedom to do whatever i want to do which is what i long for and really only care about despite seeming like i don't. I also can be really lazy when it comes to everything and anything. I believe that good and bad are subjective as what one person views as good another will view as bad etc. For example: I slept with my good friend who is dating someone at the moment , however he offered to do it with me when i brought it up in a conversation one night and then he changed his mind while doing it with me so i stopped due to him changing his mind. I was so enjoying it until he stopped and since then I've been upset with him. So because i sensed that he was gonna kill the enjoyment for me somehow, afterwards and still am irritated that he backed out. I also have gone and sold a Christmas present after being told not to for money, because i was craving Popcorn at the time. I also for the longest time made it out to look like i forgave my mom but really i went over to her and her current lovers place to eat and so she can't say that i don't see her at all. I will always respect her for bringing me into this world but don't trust her.

I also believe that people should be free to do whatever they want, however whatever they end up doing with that freedom is on them to deal with not me.

I don't use violence but don't consider myself a pacifist because if i could find a way to use it with my lack of upper body strength i would.

I also don't like being told no but tend to swallow my feelings about the issue and pretend like i don't.

Furthermore,Answer this as if you were a Dungeon Master and were to decide which alignment you would make this PC or perhaps answer it like you were to place this person as a NPC IRL you pick!

Disclaimer This is for amusement/my further understanding aka curiousity of the D&D alignment system and everything related to D&D.

cplmac
05-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Which version of D&D are you looking at for alignment?

bbjammers
05-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Third one with the 9 alignments definitely.

nijineko
05-12-2013, 11:36 AM
d&d is a world of absolute morality and ethics. in its world there is an absolute right and wrong irrespective of individual beliefs and opinions.

a character as described would be assigned a chaotic neutral alignment.

the events and limited information given could be interpreted as follows:

from the alignment rules:

People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have compunctions against killing the innocent but lack the commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others. Neutral people are committed to others by personal relationships.

obviously, this will not perfectly describe you, or the character; however, in the description given of the actions taken are those of one who puts them self before others, but is also bound by either personal relationships or a fear of the consequences of openly defying such relationships.

again:

"Chaos" implies freedom, adaptability, and flexibility. On the downside, chaos can include recklessness, resentment toward legitimate authority, arbitrary actions, and irresponsibility. Those who promote chaotic behavior say that only unfettered personal freedom allows people to express themselves fully and lets society benefit from the potential that its individuals have within them.

and again, perhaps not a perfect description, but i am confident that you will see the parallels.

as far as real life goes, do you feel long-lasting positive feelings from your actions-the kind that persists even when bad things happen to you? do you cause others to feel long-lasting positive feelings by your actions-the kind that persists despite bad events and results? for that is the essence of morality and ethics. if what you feel or cause others to feel is fleeting or cannot survive bad events and results, then your actions and understanding are lacking.

again, in real life, if there does exist an absolute in morality and ethics, then it will stand and exist regardless of your (or my, or anyone's) opinions and beliefs - and you (and everyone) will eventually be held accountable by it someday. if such an absolute does not exist, then you (as we all) will be judged by yourself and others as i described above.

ultimately, the most important thing is that you decide for your self what you should and should not do based on how it will affect yourself and others.

Dalkiel
05-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Gonna have to agree...Chaotic Neutral, very solidly CN.

Sword_Jockey
06-22-2013, 01:34 AM
chaotic neutral definitely chaotic neutral

jpatterson
06-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Chaotic Teenager.

Or Neutral.

rabkala
06-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I would say lawful good and so out of your league. Please pm me a number where they can be reached.

bbjammers
06-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I would say lawful good and so out of your league. Please pm me a number where they can be reached.

Interesting, how did the good part come about? i can see where the lawful part came from but the good part has me both puzzled and intrigued at the same time.