PDA

View Full Version : Allies in Marketing

AzgrymnThePale
05-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Rogue here, CEO of Arcanum Syndicate. It has been a couple of years since we jumped onto the map and if I have learned anything at all from this quest is that marketing is one of the most important tools in success. Well, talent is very important too but sometimes the talentless slip into success with ease due to who they know, I mean look at Nicolas Cage. Booya!

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone was interested in sharing marketing ideas with one another for those who are new to the game or simply do not have the money to launch large advertising campaigns to show off their games. In the industry of RPG design it is very difficult to become known or even looked at.

So if anyone of you out there need help or would like to offer help to the "little guys" feel free to post your advice or questions and we will see how this goes. Hopefully some of you can make some allies.

With that, this is my advice. Once you have your website or blog, try to make an ally or two at your local convention or online and together you can help each other promote or even team up and sell bundle PDFs at a discounted cost.

As well, video is very important since some people do not know how to read or they just get ADD about it, having something on your site or your blog that displays a short video showing anything visually stimulating about your game will certainly help.

Well, hope to hear from some of you and would love to see some more ideas. Because to tell you the truth, instead of being enemies and trying to fight over the scraps I think the smaller companies would do much better helping each other out.
Good luck in your struggles!