PDA

View Full Version : Good Day

ShinyDice
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone! It is nice to meet you all! I joined in hopes of getting involved into role-playing and put my name out there. There isn't much to be said about me. I'm just really new to the whole table top rpg scene. It is great to meet other people with the same interests and I hope you'll have patience with me. Thanks for your time!

jpatterson
05-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Welcome! How did you get interested with tabletop gaming? Are you looking to play online or find local groups? You're welcome to drop by chat and say hi to anyone in there (usually 2-10 pm central time -6), though you have a day or so to wait after registration (anti-bot meaasure). What games do you like or interest you?

ShinyDice
05-03-2013, 11:10 AM
A few years ago my town used to have a hobby store called Gamer's Getaway. At the time I was mainly playing Magic the Gathering but one day I went in on a Saturday just to hang out. A guy invited to show me D&D 3.5. I only managed to learn the basics of rolling up a character and combat but I've been interested ever since. However the store soon changed hands and name, eventually moving to hard to reach location. It ended up closing soon after and I never got the chance to play a proper game. I've been looking for a local group to join but there doesn't seem to any around my area. Right now I'm just looking to play games where I can, just not quite inclined to the play by post type. As for games I'm willing to play D&D 4e, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, New World of Darkness but open to other games, the ones I listed I have at least the core books for.

jpatterson
05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Well, PPG site design is being overhauled which is leaving the dice rolling up in the air for now, but I normally run a live chat session every Sunday in the PPG chat here, which you're more than welcome to attend and observe and maybe even join if you'd like. But as I said, right now, the dice roller is hinky, but if you're interested, here is the site I maintain for my game: Solomon Kane - The Path of Kane (https://sites.google.com/site/quietruckus/pcrankings).

That's too bad about the game store. It's funny, almost everybody has played CoC, though it seems like it should be the one with the most exclusive reputation, for being specifically about one author's 1920s pulp horror writing. Anyway, hope you stick around and drop me a line or check out the site, etc.

nijineko
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
welcome, be sure to check out the other online options available as well! and ask questions. we like to answer questions. =D