PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Los Angeles!

domzook
04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Hey new internet friends! My name is Dom. I'm a filmmaker in LA (who isn't?). I've been playing D&D 2e and various other table-top RPGs off and on since 1988. I'm working on a new web show about introducing new players to D&D (in fact we're casting for a female co-host... see my other thread in the Off Topic forum). I'm pretty excited about it. You may hear about it from time to time on here and I hope that's OK.

My schedule is busy with one gaming group, but hopefully I can join some other groups eventually. In the meantime, thanks for having me!

nijineko
04-22-2013, 11:42 AM
welcome, hope you find game and gamers!

domzook
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to gettin' some game on!

jpatterson
04-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I hope your last name is Deluise. Because that would rock. But welcome, hope you settling in easily. There's good conversation and ideas to be found here and in the chatroom also (few day waiting period). Do you GM or play more, and which do you PREFER to do?

domzook
04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
I play more, and definitely prefer to play more. But eventually I'll try GMing again when I've got the time!

zwolga
04-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Hey domzook.
I'm a gamer in film too. Glad to hear there's some other damned nerds in Hollywood.

I'm all tied up in a couple games too, but keep me on your list for future happenings.

domzook
04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi zwolga! Awesome. Oh there are plenty of nerds in this town. I'm already working on nerdy film projects too and I seem to meet more and more people like me in the biz. Pretty cool!

zwolga
04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
I haven't met any coworkers that are down, but I'm guessing between all 200 of these artists there has to be a few closet nerds that dont talk about it at work.

If you're gaming in or around Santa Monica anytime soon, give me a shout!