PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Maese Mateo
04-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi! I'm new on this forum, so I wanted to formally say hi to the community and introduce myself. My name is Matías N. Caruso, and I'm a writer from Argentina who has resently set on the quest to start his own small publishing company (for now RPGs, but I want to expand to comics as well), called Doodle Sage Press. Since I've already made a thread on the Indie Press subforum, so I won't spam the link to my website again.

It's always nice to find new places to talk about roleplaying games.

Cheers!:biggrin:

nijineko
04-14-2013, 02:36 AM
welcome! be sure to post updates about your own gaming as well as your writing. =D

jpatterson
04-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Hi and welcome, I'm sure you'll find some good ideas here. What kind of games do you all have in Argentina and what kind of games is it you're intending to publish? I don't think most people know much about game scenes and publishing outside the US, Canada, UK, etc.

Maese Mateo
04-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome!:biggrin:

What kind of games do you all have in Argentina and what kind of games is it you're intending to publish? I don't think most people know much about game scenes and publishing outside the US, Canada, UK, etc.
To be honest, we don't have a proper "game scene" in Argentina. To the date, in my 10 years of gaming, I've only seen two commercial roleplaying games made in the country (Espada & Brujería, and Diezlados). I know there are many people who made a game or two, but they haven't published them.

As for me, I'm a little bit of a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to roleplaying games; that is, I like many different approaches to the hobby. I enjoy both indie and mainstream/classic games alike (sometimes with me mood shifting more one way or the other), and I think my games will probably be in the middle of both worlds.

As for my current work, I'm designing a storytelling game called Dreamscape Odyssey (http://doodlesage.blogspot.com) at the moment (you can find more information by following the link to my website). In a nutshell, players are summoned to the Land of Dreams in order to rescue a Morpheus-like entity that has been kidnapped by mysterious dark powers. It's a rules light game which puts its focus on narrative and improvisation over numbers (I'm serious about the improvisation part, since you can't prepare things in advance, everything happens on the spot).

nijineko
04-23-2013, 11:21 PM
that sounds quite interesting. will you be using dice or going diceless?

Maese Mateo
04-24-2013, 07:58 AM
that sounds quite interesting. will you be using dice or going diceless?
The game uses D6 to create a dicepool, although you only roll dice when there is something at stake where either the character has a deep emotional investment or it's an important element of the story (the intention of the roll is more important than the actual in-game action the character performs).

I'm updating a design journal for the game in our website (http://doodlesage.blogspot.com), and I'm also posting small updates and comments about the development in our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/doodlesage).

jpatterson
04-24-2013, 11:54 AM
You're in good company, as PPG here has a number of people that either have written for or made processional products or pro-backed amateru products for some systems, or are working on making their own commercial games. You ought to pop into the chatroom between about 11AM and 10PM Central Time (-6 Denver) and say hi. =)