PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Seattle

nortran11
04-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey all,

I am new here. I am in Bothell, about 20 minutes north of Seattle.

I'm a long time gamer, first cutting my teeth on the original D&D red box then moving to other TSR greats like Gamma World, Marvel Super Heroes, and even some Boot Hill from time to time. These days, I tend to play more skirmish table top games. I play a lot of Battletech and recently found a new game called Dust I am eager to find players for.

I enjoy building terrain for games and painting miniatures

History
04-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Welcome to the site!

Battletech is great fun as well as Areotech and Citytech. I used to play those often back in the day.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Welcome to our site, nortran11. I, too, began with the old boxes of DnD in the 70's, then onto Gamma World, Traveller, Tunnels and Trolls, and so on. Glad to have you here. I look forward to everything you bring to the proverbial gaming table.

Gotta say, I've never played Boot Hill - I hear good things. Its on my Bucket List.

nijineko
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
welcome, always nice to find another old timer

nortran11
04-10-2013, 12:11 PM
welcome, always nice to find another old timer

Thanks guys! I hope to find some players and get playing again. I've been discovering a lot of table top war games lately that have really piqued my interest.

Welcome to the site!

Battletech is great fun as well as Areotech and Citytech. I used to play those often back in the day.

Yeah, Aerotech and Citytech are no more. They have combined all the rules under the book "Total Warfare", which is really cool because no longer do you have to go out and pick up 3 boxed sets just to have the complete rules for the game. Battletech has really grown up since the early days. I've also started playing a campaign using the RPG....it's amazing how much it helps fleshing out the world of Battletech

nijineko
04-14-2013, 02:34 AM
i remember building a 60t charger mech, when i was finished designing it, normal move of 6/9/6 with a max of 9/12/9. ^^ spooked a few players....