PDA

View Full Version : Death - Gamerstable Ep102

Jenerickat
03-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Does death matter in the games we play?

Please click here (http://gamerstable.com/ep102/) to listen to what we think.

nijineko
03-27-2013, 01:00 AM
i think i've mentioned it before, but i experienced one of my favorite characters dying in a most displeasing fashion. later, it worked out to be a great story point, if only because of a skilled and sensitive dm who found a way to turn the event into an even better outcome for the character and the plot.

one of my other favorite characters didn't let death stop him. now, he's a ghost and he's still determined to finish what he started.

Jenerickat
03-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Actually, I mentioned your example on mic in this episode. I can't pronounce your handle so I didn't even try to butcher it.

nijineko
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
ah, you are welcome to ask me anything.

it's properly pronounced ni-ji-ne-ko (knee-gee-neigh-koh).

all syllables need to be pronounced with the exact same length of sound, and all syllables have the same emphasis, sort of a monotone. most japanese is pronounced without much emphasis, though there are exceptions.

nijineko
03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Your episode reminded me that one of my groups that held a funeral for the npc brother of one of the pc's that died during an orc raid.

the character you referenced is named Nadem, (neigh-DEM) and he is a pyrokineticist. when he fell to the kraken's attack, and sunk into the ocean, he had the experience of sinking to the bottom of the ocean and through the crust into the magma beneath, where he spoke with some sort of elemental presence, and was commissioned to a cause in exchange for his return to life.