PDA

View Full Version : [Superior] New Super Heroic RPG

Simon W
03-25-2013, 02:36 AM
Having sold SUPERS! to Hazard Studios, I felt the urge to write another one, in between re-writing BoL. "Superior" is coming along nicely. It has some shades of Supers! insofar as it shares the same keep it simple design philosophy. It doesn't use dice pools, rather it uses different die types, kinda like Savage Worlds/Cortex. If anyone would like to see a draft for feedback please pm me. It might just about be at a stage where you can actually create characters and even test out combat.

Simon W
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Whilst writing the game, I had a change of name to "Triumphant: The Super Heroic RPG".

urbwar
03-28-2013, 08:51 AM
I am always up for checking out a new supers game Simon!

Xhaosdaemon
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
I would likewise be curious! That being said, whatever happened with the Supers! pbp game? Looks like it stalled out before it got going...

Simon W
03-29-2013, 02:51 AM
PM me your email addresses guys!

falinxelote
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Yea I'm Curious also

urbwar
04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Started reading through it. I like how it's similar to Supers! in the base character design, but changed enough to be more diverse. Sorry to be vague, but not sure how much Simon wants discussed openly as of yet.

Xhaosdaemon
04-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Hmmmm......I am pretty sure I PMed him my email addy but have not received anything as of yet...

Simon W
04-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Check your spam filter Xhaosdaemon! It was sent on 29/3. Anyway, I've now sent the latest version.

Simon W
04-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Started reading through it. I like how it's similar to Supers! in the base character design, but changed enough to be more diverse. Sorry to be vague, but not sure how much Simon wants discussed openly as of yet.
Yep, that's about what I wanted from Triumphant. I don't mind talking about it here as hardly anyone comes here anyway! I'm just glad for feedback because UI won't be playtesting it for a while yet. I'm particularly keen on seeing whether damage is set too high. In a little solo playtest I did, one of the characters got beaten up in 2 rounds. This may have just been unlucky but it may have indicated there is something that needs tinkering with. I was thinking that maybe damage could be one per 2 points that the roll beats the loser's roll?Anyway, it's moved on a bit urbwar, so I've taken the trouble to send you the latest version (which has gadget rules now!).

urbwar
04-02-2013, 03:31 AM
I got them a little while ago. I was just into character creation, so I'll re-read it and see about working up a character or two.

It's interesting to see new supers games in the works. Triumphant, League of Heroes, the new version of Invulnerable, revised Supers! and this new one Scaldrow Games did a kickstarter for. Supers games seem to be taking an upswing again