PDA

View Full Version : Returning gamer

harvey
02-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi all old time gamer getting back into it.(disabled with time on my hands) Hoping to find a game close to me but willing to try online.:D

jpatterson
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi there, welcome back to gaming. Online can have its perks and drawbacks both. A lot of people are doing the Skype voice gaming online, though so far I've only run chat text games (in the chat here). Also PPG has player registry and there are also this post I made which covers some more on player finding and some of the features here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/19328-Online-RPG-Primer-New-Looking-for-Games-Groups-Players?highlight=

Good luck!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Hello and welcome back, harvey. Glad to have you with us again.

oldgamster
02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
hey harvey, Indiana is a bit far from Texas so that would be a stretch to call it local for us. I'm looking for a local game group myself. I just suggested this to another new poster is to try a star trek online rpg. those do very well online being moderated cooperative story telling. i just moved to my old home town and left a few good friends behind. we were just on the phone last night talking about trying to get some kind of game going on line. After we hung up the more i thought about it I think I am going to try to adapt the online star trek method to other genre and see how that works.

anyways good gaming,
oldgamster