PDA

View Full Version : Any Audio-Video "Experts" Help?

jpatterson
02-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Hey all. I've just conducted an "interview" with someone somewhat famous or maybe infamous (or would be if he was better known) in RPG circles, but it was a free VOIP call from my mic to his telephone, and I only managed to record both of us because my mic was so sensitive as to pick up his voice from my speakers (not my sound card), so his voice sounds pretty scratchy.

I've used a few free programs like Audacity to clear things up as well as I could, but the subject's voice is pretty rough and spikes in volume and has an occasional eardrum-assaulting high-pitch almost feedback sound, just for a split second, on some of his pronunciations (like S). Is there anyone out there that would be interested in providing any extra advice or even taking a listen and trying to fix a few things just to see if the guy's vocals can be "hammered down" a little? His overall volume is about right, it's just scratchy and has occasional staticky pops or pitch spikes that need to be sort of averaged, if there's any way to do it.

I'll be more than happy to give credit in the video(s) I hope to make from it and post on my Youtube channel.

Thanks for any replies or ideas! -J

nijineko
02-26-2013, 12:01 AM
wasn't a certain author of synnibarr was it? ^^

jpatterson
02-26-2013, 01:55 AM
No but you're warm. =)

nijineko
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
oh. now i'm curious.

jpatterson
02-27-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm having more trouble than I expected. Not with the audio, I've got it done about as well as I can, but finding some way to turn it into a video, with no camera. I've got some still things that would work for some things but I tried making a slideshow and it took a long time just to put enough pics to make up for 5 minutes, and the timing was way off, etc. I have some animation programs but I've not animated anything. I'm not sure what to do. At any rate, if you're familiar with The Game That Must Not Be Named, I'm interviewing a co-author, though not the main culprit.

nijineko
02-28-2013, 09:09 PM
you need a sub-titling software. or vid-editing soft. most subtitlers will let you put in time stamps at the beginning and end of sound bytes. use that to set the timing of the video side.