PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Tachyglossus
02-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Hello.

I am new to this website, and an amateur gamer. I enjoy role-play games structured around a setting and comprehensive rules, but have had little to no opportunity to enjoy a campaign that lasted more than a few sessions, and those were sparse.

I know enough to know how little I know.

Recently I have taken an interest in Pathfinder, but I am also interested in more classic (IE Forgotten Realms) D&D, and also World of Darkness. I know there are many other table tops out there, but my exposure to them have been limited.

I hope to find a suitable group or game to join where I can finally cut my teeth on, so to speak. I've been in trainer wheels for a while and have not advanced much through a lack of experience.

I have never played table top through an online medium, but will be willing to give it a try. My schedule is flexible.

I hope this message finds you all well.

-Tachyglossus

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Glad to have you here, Tachyglossus.

Tachyglossus
02-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

jpatterson
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Yeah, welcome and hope you get settled in well and find you some things to do here. I'm going to repost this from another intro I just posted in, because the general gist is the same: online can have its perks and drawbacks both. A lot of people are doing the Skype voice gaming online, though so far I've only run chat text games (in the chat here). Also PPG has player registry and there are also this post I made which covers some more on player finding and some of the features here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/19328-Online-RPG-Primer-New-Looking-for-Games-Groups-Players?highlight=

Good luck!

Tachyglossus
02-26-2013, 08:48 PM
I am very grateful for this informative post and welcome. It will come in handy as I acclimate to the website.

oldgamster
02-28-2013, 12:35 PM
welcome Tachyglossus hope you find a good game. it is a blast when you get the right group.

good gaming to you,
oldgamster