PDA

View Full Version : Darkness over Gotham (Dragon AGE/nWoD Hack)

Tommy Warren
02-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I have been floating the idea of a Dragon AGE/nWoD hack for a while and would like to finally try the system out in the real world.

Character creation and system discussion will likely take place either here in the thread or through email. Actual game play will be over a Google+ Hangout. We could use Roll20.net for visual combat but I've seen both the base systems played un-augmented with no ill effect and would like to go that route.

The initial session of the game would be a completely self contained adventure with no bearing on the story line as a whole. It would simply be a learning experience and (hopefully) a fun time. If the system works out and everyone is comfortable with it, we could then move on to an actual campaign.

I have marked the game as bi-weekly, Friday and Saturdays but depending on availability and scheduling I could be available as often as weekly and nearly any day of the week. Sessions would likely be 2-4 hours in length, depending on player preference.

Does this sound like something anyone would be interested in trying?

sethdz
02-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I'd be interested in giving it a try. I am familiar the old WoD and Dragon Age (Origins video game) has been the closest thing I've found to gaming for the last few years. My availability is limited to evenings or later (EST) on the weekend. Let me know if you have room.

Reaperof666
02-20-2013, 01:26 AM
I would totally be interested. I've been wanting to try some nWoD and Dragon Age! I might need a walkthrough on how to use google+ hangout, but should be fine otherwise. As long as there is RP, I'll be there! I might be a bit on the weird side for scheduling though...

That is, if there is still room!

Tommy Warren
02-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Actually, you two are the only ones to have replied so there's still lots of room if any one is interested in the idea!

Reaperof666
02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
People might be a bit more interested if they knew about the system a bit more! I'm curious as to a hack (Blending of the two?) and what made you decide between these two systems. Did they mesh well together, are there any 'iffy' areas we might need to work out?

Perhaps a genre would be cool also ^.-

Some people only play certain things...

Tommy Warren
02-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Okay, some information about the system.

I've dropped the Class feature of AGE as I feel a classless system allows a broader array of characters. Races have also been dropped, for the moment, but will make a return when supernatural creatures (ie Vampires and werewolves) are integrated into the system. I've replaced the AGE skills with those from nWoD. As both systems are primarily skill based systems the swap out should be fairly effective. In addition nWoD merits should be relatively easy to convert over to AGE's three tiered talent system. I like the AGE mana system for magic. While M:tA allows for extremely customizable spells I am in no way opposed to player created material so player created spells aren't a problem. I also like the Dragon Die/Stunt system found in AGE.

The system may take a bit of tweaking at first and it will certainly require some updating since the established setting of the system is a medieval fantasy world and we want it in a more modern setting. Luckily swapping out the skills system has already taken the first steps in that direction.

The truth is, I haven't yet run the system as I'm still developing it. In essence the initial play through would be an early alpha test with all aspects of the system subject to change on our experiences and player feed back. While the game I have in mind could (and was originally designed to) be run using new World of Darkness, I really like the 3d6 simplicity of AGE. I mean, that's all you need to play the game. Three six sided dice. Period. What's not to like about minimalism. lol

Tommy Warren
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Okay, so I let this thread grow cold for the last few weeks. The reason for this is that I have been working furiously to get the system to what I felt would be an appropriate state for an alpha test. And good news, I think the system is finally ready!

I am currently looking for interested players to assist with the alpha test. If you are interested please contact me here on the site or you may contact me via email at warren[dot]tommy[at]gmail[dot]com. Please keep in mind that in order to participate in the alpha test you will need an obsidian portal account to access the play test data.

Reaperof666
03-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Ready to Roll!