PDA

View Full Version : Intro

adaquacity24
06-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi my name is Tommy and I live in Dallas,Tx. I'm looking for a group that doesn't mind Teaching someone who hasn't played in 14 years. The games I have played are marvel Super Heroes and Some D&D

Ed Zachary
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
If you're going to play D&D 3.5 edition, you will barely recognize the game. To pick it up and relearn, try converting some of your old characters, or create a few new ones. If you have any questions, there are plenty of good people here to ask.

Moritz
06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah, what Ed said. Go out and buy a player's handbook and read, read, read. It's an excellent system and easy to learn/play. You can find one for around 10 bucks at Half Priced Books

Farcaster
06-13-2007, 12:20 PM
The games I have played are marvel Super Heroes and Some D&D

Ahh, Marvel Super Heroes. Although the first pen and paper game I ever played was D&D, Marvel was the second. I actually acquired the original box set books some time ago, but I haven't played it in years.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! There are a lot of gamers registered here from the DFW area, and there are also monthly meetings sponsored by the Dallas RPG Group (http://dallas.penandpapergames.com) you can attend to meet some of the folks here face-to-face--you've probably already noticed their events on the upcoming events list.

Happy Hunting!