PDA

View Full Version : Conan Savage Worlds Contest Winners

Jenerickat
02-12-2013, 12:18 PM
The winners of our Conan Savage Worlds RPG character contest have been announced. Please click here (http://gamerstable.com/conanwin/) for the results.

On behalf of the cast, I would like to thank everyone who entered. There we so many great submissions! I will give updates when production begins and when to expect the first episode of the roleplay drama, which we are titling The Tower of the Ape.

nijineko
02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
any chance of feedback on any of the submissions? perhaps a rundown of thoughts and impressions of the various submissions?

Jenerickat
02-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Kai made it to the final round of cuts. He is a very strong character idea and I am surprised he wasn't chosen.

When I first read him, Mike was the first person I thought of playing him. I put everyone's character concepts on cards for the players to choose from. Mike had Kai and Renyard (the character he eventually chose) in his hand at the last round. He labored with the decision and I know that he wanted him. I made it clear that each player choose the character that they wanted to play and not let group dynamic or other player (or my) bias affect them.

Mike is more diplomatic than most of our group and when two spellcasters were chosen, he finally opted for the warrior-type. He was the last to decide of everyone, so I know that he was taking Kai very seriously.

That said. It is my intention to use some of the submissions as NPCs. I would very much like to use Kai as one, possibly as a information broker of sorts... possibly as a contact for one of the PCs.

nijineko
02-14-2013, 11:31 PM
i am glad that my efforts were seen as desirable. i certainly hope that kai finds use in your campaign. it would be very fun for them to not realize that 4 or 5 of the npcs they are dealing with are actually all kai in different disguises.... ^^

were i to put him into 3.x d&d terms, i would probably use the class of athas bard and the prestige of poison-master and maybe a level or so of spymaster for rounding out.